Windows Support Forum

Am I infected - Unable to connect to SYstem Event Notification Service

Q: Am I infected - Unable to connect to SYstem Event Notification Service

Gringo_Pr,

I am wondering if my system may have gotten a virus.  On boot and attempting to log in I frequently get a message "Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service."  When it does this I get a message that it can't access my profile too.  It then uses the default.

I have run Microsoft Security Essentials, Malware Bytes and Spybot.  They don't seem to find anything.  But I am not convinced.  In browsing my event viewer - system I see system services that crash and restart.  So, either my machine has a virus or it is starting to fail. :-( 

Thanks in advance for taking on another challenge.

Orcldude

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514309/am-i-infected-unable-to-connect-to-system-event-notification-service/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Am I infected - Unable to connect to SYstem Event Notification Service

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 84.01%

I logged on to my computer as an administrator and my desktop didnt display for about 4 minutes. There was only a black screen with the white mouse arrow on it. When the desktop had loaded a Windows notification
bubble popped up saying:

"Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

I don't believe that I have installed any software etc. recently that could have caused this problem to occur. It just randomly happened one day. In sync with this error I am unable to connect to the internet using my 3 mobile modem and my laptop isn't recognising any wireless signals bringing up the message:

"The dependency service or group failed to start"

My laptop is a Philips freevents 12NB5800 which uses vista.

A:[B]Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service[/B]

try loggin in as an admin and viewing hte error log like it said

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/b-windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-service-b-277883.html
Relevancy 83.39%

My HP with Windows 7 suddenly gives me the following error message on startup: "Failed to connect to a Windows service: Could not connect to System Event Notification Service." Among other things, this prevents me from connecting to my wireless network, so I can't get on-line. . Rebooting doesn't help. And the problem occurs regardless of whether I sign on as administrator or as general user.

More: I can't access the Windows Help & Support pages. And I'm told to "see System Events log" for details, but when I try, it says "Event Log Service is unavailable."

I have tried netsh winsock reset but it doesnt help

Please help!

A:Could not connect to System Event Notification Service

Same problem exactly. Tried disabling Kaspersky (internet security 2011) and restarting, but no change. System's been buggy all along, so this just seems like the natural progression of things... But no network connection is pretty hard to work around!

For me this started after i interrupted a shut down by closing the laptop - which puts it into hibernation mid-shut down... Which may or may not be a contributing factor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service.999750/
Relevancy 83.39%

I get the error: Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service.
Regular users are unable to log on to the machine but Administrators are. The Event Viewer does not have any useful information. I performed a system restore to a previously working day but the error came back eventually. I have ran the command netsh winsock
reset many times to no avail. When I log in to the machine as Admin I can see that the service is started and it is set to Automatic yet the error persists. This has occurred on 2 Dell machines of different models. I had to completely reinstall the first one
to get the user back working but this is not really a solution.

Thanks

A:Could not connect to System Event Notification Service

I reinstalled Symantec Endpoint Protection from the computer and it now appears to be working. But I am skeptical and intend to keep a close eye. If anyone has any experience with this feel free to still chime in.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/21488611-2011-4242-90a5-ba1f536ca5f6/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 83.39%

I have tried each and every one of the solutions on the forums and over here All Service to not Notification System connect Could the Event my drivers are up to date double checked I rolled back and uninstalled all updates Did sfc scannow three times and they passed without Could not connect to the System Event Notification Service any integrity violations I've tried netsh winsock reset as well The aero is gone greyed out plus I can't select any other theme and whenever I start up the computer it displays the message quot Could not connect to a Windows service quot This started happening about months ago when my laptop ran out of battery in hibernate mode It didn't resume so I had to press the power button again and then it took about minutes to boot with nothing but a black screen and the mouse there The audio service isn't running every time I boot up I have to right click and run troubleshooter to start it Does anyone have ANY idea what might be causing this How do I fix it I've uninstalled all the software that I installed before the error occured as well I'm using Windows Ultimate on a Sony Vaio VGN-NW GF Intel Duo core T and the ATI Radeon HD Graphics card

A:Could not connect to the System Event Notification Service

I would try a Repair Install as a last resort before running Vaio Factory Recovery from its partition - make the backup disks first as a secondary backup method.

However most tech enthusiasts want the better performance of a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 using the Product Key on COA sticker. Everything you need is in the tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/224058-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 82.46%

This Error popped up on my Screen today

My Nvidia control panel, among other programs do not seem to start with windows any more ( i noticed this right away because my screen configuration had changed)
I have checked the service and all of its dependencies and all of them are working fine. a quick Google search yielded no fixes that worked for me and I'm stumped as how to solve this

Thanks In Advance

Garrett

A:Failed to connect to System Event Notification Service

Usually it's a driver or COM component that's causing this. What does your Application and System event log show you as warnings or errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251227-failed-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Hi i have a couple of users on our network not system service to could event the notification connect Windows who are receiving the following error on startup quot Windows could not connect to the system event notification service service Please contact your system administrator quot When this error is receive i always notice the startup time take an extra - minutes before it even gets to the login Windows could not connect to the system event notification service screen Once logged in the users gets the error Windows could not connect to the system event notification service after a minute it can automatically go back to the login screen or if you press OK it also goes back On second attempt it will log in with no errors So far form everything i have researched and tried nothing seem to fix the issue This is what i have checked and done Oh and these machines that are getting this error are on Windows We get no event viewer message or error about the issue -Made sure the services are running and started and set to automatic - mainly the Windows Event log COM etc everything is started as it should be -Rebuild WMI repository which did fix issue for a days then returned -Netsh catalogue reset and winsock reset -Tried Hotfix - KB -Made sure network drivers were updated and the latest -SFC scannow -HDD healthcheck done - is OK Anything anyone else can suggest would be great or if someone has been able to fix this issue permanantly please let me know Thanks Steve

A:Windows could not connect to the system event notification service

Have you tried this: Event ID 10 is logged in the Application log after you install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219368-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3325 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 466635 MB, Free - 283303 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 3492 MB; G: Total - 476821 MB, Free - 37511 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc, 0PP150, A00, ..CN7082186G50HH.
Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Updated and Enabled

Error message appears on startup, usually clears upon clicking "Try again", then computer runs normally. It appears to boot up somewhat slower as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service.1023264/
Relevancy 82.46%

So recently I had hardware issues and through warranty I had several replacements done Mobo Video cards ram sticks and the power supply After all that was fixed and replaced my computer seemed to have ran fine for a few days and it still technically is except for this could service event system the connect to not Windows notification problem The problem is when Windows could not connect to the system event notification service I log in into windows normally it takes a while for Windows to boot up I get a quot Please wait quot screen then after a long minute log in once inside windows I get the quot Windows could not connect to the system event notification service quot and the toolbar is grey all old school windows like The problem is the exact same as the issues found here except I am using Windows bit http social technet microsoft com - d def f http social technet microsoft com -de c cd In services the service is called System event notification it says that the service is running fine Even when i try to restart it it makes no difference at all As for in event viewer Im not to sure what to look for in there Ive looked at several familiar threads I did the sfc scannow twice i did a windows start up repair I disabled all non-windows services and even just tried restarting the service in services I'm not really sure what to do next I'm tempted to just to do a clean install However I am cautious on doing so in case its some kind of hardware problem Anyway do any of you have any recommendations or other possible solutions I havent tried yet Thanks in advance

A:Windows could not connect to the system event notification service

Through your post, I seemed to have missed your actual problem. Is it the system notification service in your title?

What are the particulars of the Event Viewer Error messages about that occurrence?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/244882-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 82.46%

I know there was a thread earlier about the same issue but the solution doesn't seem to work for me.

This is the message i am getting on startup:

"Failed to connect to a windows service.
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

The message comes with a very slow start up.

The computer doesn't seem to recognize any of the wireless networks either, so i currently can't connect to the internet either. So i am using a different computer right now.

I am using a Gateway T-1620 with Windows Vista Home Premium 32. Microsoft Security essentials is running and the firewall is down.

Relevancy 82.46%

Hi,

I got this error Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service.

And nvidia control panel doesn't start up.

Problems:

- Slow startup ("please wait" before login screen)
- NVidia Control Panel isnt working

Some Windows Updates was done yesterday i don't know if it's related.

Please help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385557-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 81.53%

I dug around quite a bit I really hope this hasn t already been a thread quot Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn t respond quot This message comes with slow start up and Solved: failed System Notification Service, connect Event to shut downs that occasionally freeze Another strange symptom is that sometimes about every other time Solved: System Event Notification Service, failed to connect I boot up the computer it loses the shiny-black Vista theme Not so much a concern of aesthetic and more a note of wonkiness The laptop was sluggish recently and I was doing some cleaning defrags registry cleaning virus spyware scans etc I have a theory my sweep with CCleaner may have done something it really shouldn t have I m unsure what to do about this if it is true though because although I didn t delete them all my restore points are gone I also recently changed the virtual memory size if that is relevant Also uncertain of relevancy but the worst of it Service message began while I was toying around between Pidgin and Trillian Trillian crashed something There are so many event logs now that I m not able to figure out what it was I m really not as familiar with the workings of this computer as I wish I was I m really not certain about how to diagnos a problem from what I see I ve also never really gone to a tech forum before if you need more info you ll probably have to tell me how where to get it It is an Inspiron with Windows Vista Home Premium post SP- MB RAM and a GB HDD Also running AVG Window s Defender is down Firewall is on nbsp

Relevancy 80.6%

when i boot up my laptop now it comes up with failed to connec to a windows service sytem even notification service, this is stopping me getting on to interner etc,

i have tried a REPAIR, done a cold boot, done netsh winsock reset
restarted laptop

and it still stays the same

i see there is a suggestion to delete the winsock services hivekey in registry is this safe to do. i dont want to make it even worse,. but at moment nothing is working whatever i try.

please helo i did get error 1747 as well i cant start the services they are in starting mode and wont stop or start (greyed out options)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511245/when-starting-computer-failed-to-connect-to-system-event-notification-service/
Relevancy 102.77%

Today I booted up my laptop to get this screen - my desktop without an aero theme and the error message on-screen.

Nothing unusual happened last time I used my PC. No installation or updates that I am aware of.

The computer cannot shut down properly now either, it just hangs after the desktop icons are gone. I am forced to hard shutdown.

http://i.imgur.com/S2N6EGp.jpg

Any ideas?

I doubt its malware but will run scans soon to double check.

A:"windows could not connect to the system event notification service"

The service has apparently started though:

http://i.imgur.com/LEuXUAC.png

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-718321.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Failed to connect to a windows service
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As as administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d510a61e-8a28-4492-ad51-870fb73863d1/windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-in-windows-7-professional?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 98.9%

I have been getting the following errors when I try to log into my account.

The system event notification service service failed the logon an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

I created a built-in-administrator and I am able to get into safe mode though not able to run many programs on it such as control panel and start up repair. I looked at my registry and both of my accounts look fine neither of them had a .bak on the end and so I'm not sure how to fix this if my only option is to delete my user account. I've already done a system restore to a couple days before this happened but, I'm still locked out of everything.

Is there anything else I can do that might help?

A:The system event notification service service failed logon ... token does not exist

Google led me to this post as I was researching the problem myself. I encountered the same issue. In this case on a vista32 ultimate box (although I do own an x64 box in case somebody thinks I'm blasphemous posting here ).

I haven't completely fixed the issue yet but I've gotten a bit further so in hopes of helping the next person here are the steps I've taken.

I was able to log in successfully in safe mode (hit F8 while starting up, select safe mode). Once there I went to command prompt (click the start button, type "cmd" [without the quotes] in the search bar and hit enter. From command prompt type services.msc to launch the services control panel. Find the System Event Notification Service, right click, select properties, change it from automatic startup to disabled, apply the change and "OK" out of the dialog box. You can now restart the computer and log in normally.

This isn't really a fix, it's a temporary work-around. SENS is needed for COM+ to respond to things like login and startup events. I've also noticed that my system is very slow right now. My next step is to find a way to generate a new token for SENS and then hopefully I'll be back at 100%. I currently have Dell researching that for me (this happens to be a Dell laptop). If I get a solution short of a reinstall to that one I'll post it too.

Hope this is helpful for someone. Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/194306-system-event-notification-service-service-failed-logon-token-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi.
After uninstalling a trial version of "Acrobat" pre-loaded on my laptop I receive a message "Windows could not connect to the system event notification service".
System event log entry is the same as thread Vista Event ID: 10 WMI ; which is a closed thread without "detailed" steps to resolve problem, merely stating "Deleted contents of Repostory & rebooted".
Can anyone please help further.
Many thanks.

A:System Event Notification Service

I'm unsure if this is the correct thing to do - but here's how to clear the repository (originally found at this link: Repairing and re-registering the WMI ):

Open an elevated (run as Administrator) Command Prompt and type
"net stop winmgmt" (without quotes) and press Enter.
Leave this window open as you'll reuse it again later.

Open Windows Explorer, navigate to %windir%\System32\Wbem\Repository (%windir% is usually C:\Windows ). Rename the Repository folder to Repository_OLD
Then close Windows Explorer

Go back to the elevated Command Prompt and type:
"net start winmgmt" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Then type "exit" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Then close the elevated Command Prompt window and see if that fixed things.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289312-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello,
New to WindowsXP (Pro) ,I did some reading here and there,
visited the commonly referenced sites in the forums like ElderGeek
and BlackViper's but it's not clear to me if I need some stuff running...

Have some of you disabled the above SENS service and/or
COM+ Event System service at your system ?
Did you have any problems ?
(I don't like all this logging and -maybe- useless processing)

I have a standalone PC connected with a modem to the Net.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

A:System Event Notification service

edsod said:

Hello,
New to WindowsXP (Pro) ,I did some reading here and there,
visited the commonly referenced sites in the forums like ElderGeek
and BlackViper's but it's not clear to me if I need some stuff running...

Have some of you disabled the above SENS service and/or
COM+ Event System service at your system ?
Did you have any problems ?
(I don't like all this logging and -maybe- useless processing)

I have a standalone PC connected with a modem to the Net.

Thanks in advance for any responses. Click to expand...
I have com + event on manual and system event on auto

I do however have quite a few others shutdown and here is my preferred site to read on those services.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-event-notification-service.230385/
Relevancy 95.46%

hi!

I am using win 7 home basic edition.
There was a power failure and could not shut down the system.
when i started the system it gave me this error.

Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for
details about why the service didn't respond.

i have also booted in safe mode and went to the command prompt in safe mode and did a netsh winsock reset.But still i am getting this error.does anybody know a solution to this problem?

Thanks
Mahesh

A:System event notification service error!!!

Try using system restore. I am quite certain that will resolve your problem

System Restore

You may try an sfc scan first, but I am not as certain about the results.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107201-system-event-notification-service-error.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Every time I start my computer and log in, an error message pops up when I get to my desktop:Failed to connect to a windows service.Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond.How can I fix this?

A:System event notification service not starting

Type services.msc in the start search box. click on the icon, Windows services will open.Scroll down to System Event Notification, right click and choose properties. In the dropdown box, set it to Automatic and start the service.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380518/system-event-notification-service-not-starting/
Relevancy 95.46%

I have a problem with the system event notification service. Whenever I use my Asus V1JP-AK028E with Vista Business to access any Standard User account, it comes up with an error message - "Login failed, System Event Notification Service service could not start. Contact a system administrator".

When using password login to a Maintenance account I created, it comes up with the same error. This is an administrator account. When using fingerprint login to this account, it works, but the error message comes up in a popup when I first see my desktop, and then I'm logged off.

This was new yesterday, and I don't have the Vista Business disk, because it was preinstalled by PowerPlay Direct Ltd. If anyone has any ideas, please email me on [email protected] Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-event-notification-service-error-157333.html
Relevancy 94.17%

My laptop using Vista Home Premium as developed a fault which means I cannot logon to the internet through my wireless connection. It takes minutes to boot up and comes up with an error message "failed to connect to a windows service. windows could not connect to system event notification service etc". I have researched this on the net and after trying several fixes including "restore", "deleting the latest windows updates" and "uninstalling HP printer software" all to no avail. Can anyone out there offer other solutions?

A:System Event Notification Service Logon failure

Hello rellarby,
Have you installed/un-installed any hardware/software lately ?, this will sometimes cause your system to do odd things.
The first thing i would try is a system restore, to a point before you had this problem.

System Restore - How to

Give it a try and post your results, good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261343-system-event-notification-service-logon-failure.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I am currently using Windows 8.1
2 days before I updated my PC to 8.1 from 8
Then last night I kept Asphalt 8 for downloading from the store
And in the morning I shut down the PC and after several minutes
when I turn on my PC it shows somewhat like this :

"The System Event Notification Service service failed the sign-in.
Function could not be executed"

And the PC also doesn't shut down I have to force shut down it.
So please help, it's not starting at all. I even tried in Safe Mode
but it shows somewhat like this when I open MSCONFIG
and disable startup items

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40622-system-event-notification-service-failed-sign.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Windows 7 64-bit SP15

My Dell Latitude e6420 is having problems as of the past week. An error comes up on every reboot or startup of my machine. The "Failed to Start System Event Notification Service" error would come up on my screen down in the taskbar. Details below of startup:Laptop comes up slow.
Login and once desktop shows that error appears on my screen and sometimes my audio service isn't working (but it can't be the the driver for my video/audio card because sometimes it works and other things will crash meaning a corruption of some system driver.)
Takes 5-10 minutes for machine to fully boot.
Look at event log and shows Event ID Error 7026 every reboot.
I cannot find a fix for this error and nothing seems to be working. Please help with any information. Thanks.

A:Failed to Start System Event Notification Service

Windows Server 2008: Event ID 7026 this article just says what you are thinking seems to be correct. have you looked in device manager to see if there are any warning signs in there?
when your in event viewer, isn't there a link with the error that gives some help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failed-to-start-system-event-notification-service-597183.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi guys,

Everytime I start my computer, it starts in the Windows Classic theme, with Aero disabled, and unable to be turned back on.
In addition to this there is a pop-up that says
"Failed to connect to a Windows Service"
"System Event Notification Service"

The Aero issue can be temporarily resolved by switching user to another one, then logging out of the other user, then back into the main account.

I have an Asus G51Jx with:
Core i7 Q 720 Hyperthreaded Quad core @ 1.65GHz
nVidia GTS 360M @ 550Mhz
500GB 7200rpm HDD

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Stu

A:Having issues with Aero and a System Event Notification Service Error

Every user can have their/there own theme. See if this will help.
Theme - Specify Default Theme to Load for New Users

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/256341-having-issues-aero-system-event-notification-service-error.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Okay this problem has been seen plenty of times by others so I've read some threads now offering a fix but none of them solves the problem Upon booting Windows after entering my password for several minutes I see the message quot Please wait for the System Event Notification Service quot or words to that effect After a while the machine finishes booting and the desktop shows up but immediately a message shows up near the notification area reading Quote quot Failed to connect Event Can't Notification Crisis! Connect System Nothing helps! to Svc- to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond quot But it's lying You cannot use the event viewer if the System Event Notification Service isn't running BTW SENS System Event Notification Service is set to start automatically If it matters the last things I did prior to encountering this problem were Uninstalled iTunes Installed older version of iTunes iTunes failed to launch properly due to various error messages Performed System Restore from last night before step occurred then rebooted SENS problem first appeared and when I finally got Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! to the desktop I saw a message saying that the System Restore failed and that I should try again Every subsequent System Restore I tried failed in the same way as --- One alleged quot fix quot was to boot into Safe Mode start the SENS then run the event viewer but in my case I absolutely cannot start SENS So I cannot run the event viewer either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to use the command quot netsh winsock Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! reset quot but whether in Safe Mode or not although the command completed normally it did not Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! fix the problem --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to run quot SFC Scannow quot This is something I do fairly often but it doesn't fix this problem --- Another alleged quot fix quot is to startup without any user startup programs and without any non-Microsoft services as follows Clean Boot Run msconfig Chose quot Selective Startup quot Disable quot Load startup items quot Go to Services tab select Hide All Microsoft Services Select quot Disable All quot to disable all non-MS services Reboot But this did not fix the problem either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to stop the Font Cache service rename the font cache to old then reboot But this did not fix the problem either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to delete all the files under quot C Windows System winevt Logs quot This didn't work either -- Another alleged quot fix quot is to run a Hotfix described at KB Weirdly you're not allowed to just download the Hotfix MS actually REQUIRES that you request that the link to the file be emailed to you I made that request at pm local time but it's pm now and I still haven't received the email I'll try it when I MS decides they can trust me with it but does anyone have any other suggestions as to how to fix this crisis Thanks

A:Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps!

Quote: Originally Posted by Thenin

...You cannot use the event viewer if the System Event Notification Service isn't running!...

Sadly, you have multiple issues. I have no problem seeing the event logs while SENS is stopped/disabled... even after restarting the W7pro64bit Virtual Machine.

Perhaps I got to the log files in a way that is different than what you tried. I did the following:

Start > right-click on Computer
Select Manage from the context menu.
Drill down to the event log of interest.

After selecting a particular log (e.g. System) I did have to let it sit for several seconds before the middle pane populated with info. I have seen this take several minutes. You might try leaving it selected over night :-(

I'm not a big fan of the System Restore process. You might be looking at doing a Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/377825-crisis-cant-connect-system-event-notification-svc-nothing-helps.html
Relevancy 85.14%

My computer recently started having issues here is what is going on boot computer Windows boot screen displayed notification to conect service" Windows system to event " failed minute screen goes black Can move mouse Drive light constantly on not blinking minutes log in screen comes up log in Desktop loads minute gt sometimes it loads with regular windows aero theme other times it loads with basic windows classic theme Error message pop up quot failed to connect to System event notification service quot Have to wait for about more minutes before computer is actually usable The audio service does not work as well from when I press the power button to when I can actually use my computer takes - minutes Here is what I have tried so far Turning off all start up programs services Tested Memory - passed Hard Drive Self Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service" Test ---- - fail I am guessing that this is the source of the problem however my computer does still work once everything is finally booted So I don't know what to do with that information or if that test even matters I have tried looking at the event Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service" viewer but every time it says that the event log service is unavailable gt I try turning on Windows Event Log but that does not change anything tried quot netsh winsock reset quot in command prompt based on a different thread that I found - it didn't work bit Windows untimate clean install from usb iso post resolution to bootsect exe issue running on dell poweredge sc quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot hardware issue Win has never detected or installed drivers for Ensoniq es sound card Specs below OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model PowerEdge SC System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Cant seem to find any info on sevenforums or microsoft technet or cnet or WELL Any where Microsoft fix it no problems detected Please any help greatly appreciated

A:Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service"

This seems to be a common problem, I am now also experiencing the same.
I have Win 7 Home Premium 64. Did chkdsk /r, defragged, tried sfc/scannow scanned for viruses and even tried reseting winsock.
My aero themes are greyed out, when trying to fix it with MS fixit it errors out.
It takes a long time to boot and then says "failed to connect to System event notification service"

One search on google will show this is a major problem, so why does MS not come out with a fix.
This seems to be the biggest frustration with Win 7 compared to XP, lack of support from MS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161341-windows-failed-conect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Please Help My HP running Vista Home Basic suddenly gave me the following error message on startup quot Failed to connect to a Windows service Could not connect to System Event Notification Service quot Among other things this prevents me from connecting to my internet network so I can't get on-line Rebooting did not help Following the google search I used an elevated command prompt click Start click All Programs click Accessories right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator and typing quot NETSH WINSOCK RESET quot then press the Enter Notification Event "System Vista: Service"? Windows key and then restart the computer I still cannot access my internet network instead of not connection now I get the message quot unidentified network Windows Vista: "System Event Notification Service"? quot and I still cannot go online although there I have some Mbs It sais I do not understand this text quot What netsh winsock reset command does are it resets Winsock Catalog to a clean state or default configuration It removes all Winsock LSP Layered Service Providers previously installed including the potential malfunctioned LSP that causes loss of network packets transmission failure So all previously-installed LSPs must be reinstalled This command does not affect Winsock Name Space Provider entries quot Please help me with the next step in order to be able to go online from my computer Thank you

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/226767-windows-vista-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 84.71%

My 6-week-old Dell running Vista Home Basic suddenly gives me the following error message on startup: "Failed to connect to a Windows service: Could not connect to System Event Notification Service." Among other things, this prevents me from connecting to my wireless network, so I can't get on-line. It also prevents several programs within Kaspersky Internet Security from starting. Rebooting doesn't help. And the problem occurs regardless of whether I sign on as administrator or as general user.

More: I can't access the Windows Help & Support pages. And I'm told to "see System Events log" for details, but when I try, it says "Event Log Service is unavailable." When I try System Restore, it says "back-up hasn't been set up." (Aren't restore points set automatically?)

Please help!

Relevancy 80.41%

I have an event error message "SPP Notification Service event id 7023" at windows 7.

The event viewer file is attached.

Please let me know how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

A:SPP Notification Service event id 7023

It looks like it might be an important service based on a quick look on google. Open an elevated command prompt and run "SFC /scannow". It will detect any system file errors and attempt to repair them. If it can't repair them, do a repair install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/102111-spp-notification-service-event-id-7023-a.html
Relevancy 79.55%

2 days ago my laptop started acting funnily and stopped doing things like playing dvds and there appeared to be some changes to the screen and tool bars and message boxes.
The error message popped up in the bottom right-hand corner= "System Event Notification Service is not working, as an administrative user you can review the system event log".
Would really appreciate any tips on how to fix this as I know NOTHING about computers. Its is a sony vaio laptop, model PCG-7134M.
Thanks so much, look forward to hearing everyone's ideas asap! xxx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sysetm-event-notification-service-not-working-please-help.984776/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello there, I'm having some major issues. When I boot up my computer, it gives me this error:I think it might be malware related. A system reformat is not an option and I do not have Windows install discs. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 and Unfortunately this is on my school laptop Does anyone have any ideas as to how to resolve this issue?I appreciate any help you can provide to me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341284/windows-event-notification-service-cannot-be-started/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:HELP need to solve this problem asap - Unable to start event viewer/event log service

Fire up regedit and find this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog

With "Eventlog" highlighted on the left pane, you should be able to see a value called "ImagePath" on the right. ImagePath should be equal to this:

%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted

If you can't see "ImagePath" in that location, or if it's not set to the text above, that's almost certainly your problem. If you're in the habit of using "registry cleaners", that might be the cause.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223413-help-need-solve-problem-asap-unable-start-event-viewer-event-log-service.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:Unable to start event viewer/event log service on vista

By the way the OS is a Vista Home Prem without SP1. and i have searched this problem extensively, finding no solutions.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-start-event-viewer-event-log-service-on-vista-367739.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello. When i turn my pc on now, i keep getting the following message:

failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging onto the system.As an admin user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didnt respond.

I do not see any problems arising from this, but can someone tell me what this is all about and how to fix it.

Thank you

A:System Event Notification

Hello and welcome to the forum.

First I take it you can still logon to your desktop...

The best and fastest way to correct the problem is by doing a system restore not a factory restore. You go back say 5 days before the problem started heres how.

System Recovery Options

System Restore

You also might want to try a sfc sacn heres how...

System Files - SFC Command

1. Click start...
2. Type: cmd
3. Right click cmd.exe and run as administrator.
4. When the command box appears next to the flashing cursor then type: sfc /scannow, notice there is a space between the sfc and the forward slash. After you have run the sfc if there are any errors then run it 3 more times as it repairs more each time.

Please keep us informed as to the results...

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/291827-system-event-notification.html
Relevancy 74.39%

On my laptop with XP Pro SP2, I get frequent and seemingly random System Event Notification sounds (XP Balloon.wav). I can not figure out what is causing them. I get them all the time. I have checked the Event Viewer and I can find no entries that seem to correspond. I cleared the event logs and the next time I got the event sound I checked the logs and they were still clear. How can I find out what is causing these? I get no error msgs and everything seems to be running fine apart from these frequent popping noises. Are there more logs I should looking at other than the ones the Event Viewer offers?

Relevancy 73.53%

I keep getting the error message when the computer is starting up "Can't connect to system event notification service". As a result I'm unable to get online.

I've tried to restart it in system maintenance but all options of starting, stopping, or restarting are grayed out. The same for my DHCP clinet.

The only thing that I have been able to do that works is going to the command promt as admin and doing "NETSH WINSOCK RESET CATALOG".

My computer has been super slow lately and when booting up it goes to a black screen that sits forever in between the welcome screen and when my desktop acutally comes up.

Please let me know what to do to fix this problem.

I'm running Vista Home Premium.

A:System Event Notification Issues

<<...starting up "Can't connect to system even notification service". As a result...>>

I think you meant "system event notification service" .

http://carbonize.co.uk/wp/2009/02/15/system-event-notification-service-not-starting-on-vista/

http://www.techmalaya.com/2009/01/26/fix-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-error-windows-vista/

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367975/system-event-notification-issues/
Relevancy 72.67%

Everyday when I log on to my laptop it will say:

"Failed to connect to a windows service.
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

But when I go to click on it nothing happens, also my computer has been slow and I have been having problems getting on the internet. My internet will either freeze up or stop working also the sounds for logging on or off have been slow too. I am using micorsoft security essentials which I have used to try to see if there is a virus but it comes back clean.

My laptop is a Pavillion dv5.

A:Failed to conntect to system event notification.

Please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread.
Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

Do you have SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes? If not, they are highly recommended here and compliment your Anti-Virus program.

http://superantispyware.com/ Choose the FREE version, and decline any toolbars etc., included in the download packages. Check for updates before doing a Quick scan.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...=dl&tag=button Choose the FREE version, and decline any toolbars etc., included in the download packages. Check for updates before doing a Quick scan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-to-conntect-to-system-event-notification.1068369/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys This error started happening only on computers with installed The original RTM of Windows doesn't do this nor do Windows and I tried some Google searches but all I see are relevant to or not Windows It must have been something changed between RTM and that did it too Anyway This only happens once but let me explain When I refurbish computers for our employees I wipe the hard drive completely either diskpart quot clean quot via the recovery shell or using DBAN to wipe the partition table if I can't get into WinRE I then boot it up using network boot We have a System with Notification errors Event logins domain Windows Deployment Services server set up so we can install Windows using PXE I put the Windows Enterprise Version wim in there and it installs fine After install I make a local account make sure the drivers get installed automatically so far it's been auto-magic for all our hardware even NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards install antivirus MS Office and whatever special software that employee System Event Notification errors with domain logins would need and then I name the machine and put it on the domain To prevent extra crap from being created in C System Event Notification errors with domain logins Users System Event Notification errors with domain logins and in the registry I don't log in with a domain account I let the employees do that themselves The first time any domain account tries to log in it errors after about seconds with Code Windows couldn't connect to the System Event Notification Service service Please consult your system administrator If they put their password in again it goes through and all the initial settings are applied from our Group Policy Objects I noticed that if I log in as an account which is a Domain Administrator and via our GPOs is also added to the Administrators group on the machine I don't get that error It only shows up for quot normal quot users which are not part of admins Nothing critical by any means as it will always work on the second try but I'm really curious why it happens at all What service is it even trying to connect to The fact it happens on literally every computer it even happens in VMWare images which I've done to test GPO settings would imply it's not a problem with a particular machine rather something in our domain Or it's possible there's a GPO that was set years ago for Windows that didn't cause any detrimental effects until now I'd be happy to provide diagnostic debug stuff just tell me what you need and I'll try it in one of my VMs

A:System Event Notification errors with domain logins

Hi,

we are experiencing the same issue. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36700-system-event-notification-errors-domain-logins.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello Members!Please refer to the attached Pictorial description, & help assess the background System service/services causing this Notification window to pop-up during System startup albeit once!Yes the "Security Center" service has been set to >Manual< & even my User-account control associated notifications have also been set to >Never-Notify<...then which else Service can be held responsible for prompting such a message? This message is shortlived & pops-up from the extreme right hand corner of the taskbar & then disappears after a few seconds!Thankfully, this do not returns until the PC is turned ON again!Which service could be defying the 'No Notification' as set within the User Accounts Control settings?Help will be sincerely appreciated.Thank you.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157737.0.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello
I am new to Microsoft Message Analyzer and just downloaded version 1.4 and installed on my Windows 10 laptop
I saved my Windows System Event log as an .evtx file to have some data to start looking at. I note the column entitled 'summary' appears to show the body of the event message. However I see many rows which state "unable to retrieve the event description"
in this column, what do I need to do to fix this issues please? could it of been the way that I saved the .evtx file in the first instance (I accepted the defaults) or do I need to install some additional files/components so the messages are displayed
correctly?

Thanks all
Ernest

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a02a5fbb-39e8-4998-8b8d-ec30abd458a0/when-viewing-system-event-log-evtx-file-many-events-show-quotunable-to-retrieve-the-event?forum=messageanalyzer
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi There--please be patient with me this is the first time i have ever tried to post on forum sites My computer has recently been playing up at the startup I keep getting the Vista notifcation service event system above notices and my computer will not connect to the internet--I have only been able to connect by turning the computer Vista system event notifcation service back by doing a system restore I have as you instructed run the tool as posted the information below I am not very techhy so any instructions to help could they be made simple basically and idiots guide Hopefully i have done this alright for you --dont know what these tags things are for a bottom of post so i have just missed them out kind regards Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD PRO Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc RY Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi guys everytime i turn on my pc and look at my Event Viewer log i see Service Control Manager Error does anyone know how to fix this problem Here are the details System - Provider Name Service Control Manager Guid d -a d - - e e- d f EventSourceName Service Control Manager - EventID Qualifiers Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Amir-PC Security - EventData System Viewer Service Control Event Manager param Diagnostic Service Host param im using OS Windows Home Premium x SP CPU Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V GEN Memory G SKILL Sniper Series GB DDR PC Graphics Card ASUS GTX TI-DC O- GD Sound Card HT OMEGA Claro Halo Monitor s Displays ASUS VE H Black quot ms Screen Resolution x its just every time i open my event viewer log i see this error on it can someone explain to me how Service Control Manager Event Viewer System to fix it thanks

A:Service Control Manager Event Viewer System

Hi can you try the sfc /scannow command and see if it finds anything? SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286901-service-control-manager-event-viewer-system.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Having lots of problems around COM+, but root appears to be that the COM+ Event System does not remain started - (Event ID 7023).

This seems to cause other "Events" involving COM+ and VSS. Event IDs received include:

4455, 4689, 4822, 7001, 7031, 7034, 7036, 8193

This is an XP Home system.

Any ideas that we might try would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Evelyn

A:COM+ Event System service starts then immediately stops

Hello EvelynH, and welcome to TSF:

Com+ could be a form of malware.

Please read this thread

Please download HijackThis . This program will help us
determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Double-click on the file you just downloaded. Click
on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\
Run a scan and save the log file. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.
Make sure to include the System information at the top of the log as well.

Post your HJT log in HJT Log Help Forum
and an analyst will help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/com-event-system-service-starts-then-immediately-stops-138255.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Im using VAMT and am getting the error on ONE new computer (of 15 that Ive already completed)- error unable to connect to the wmi service.
I go to "discover new products" enter the computer name and I get the error. However; if I type in the IP address it adds it and Im able to activate it no problem. That way is ok with me, but I would like to then be able to rename the entry to the computer name rather than the IP address. Is this possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vamt-unable-to-connect-to-the-wmi-service.1136231/
Relevancy 62.78%

TeamI'm getting below message with oTA version and build number etc . Unable to connect to HP ALM from HP Service Test  OTA Version is not comapatible with the Applicatin Lifecycle Management server kindly help to resolve this issue  thanksraj

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Sprout-by-HP/Unable-to-connect-to-HP-ALM-from-HP-Service-Test-OTA-Version/td-p/5597419
Relevancy 62.78%

Yo, really worried about this.I've not been able to get Windows Updates. Did Network Diagnostics off the Help Menu, got the error code in my title (Unable to connect to WMI service '\\.\root\cimv2'), found about 3 pages on the net that actually had resolutions for that, tried em all, no luck, but now i get a different error code when i try to download Windows Updates (0x80070005), and the Network Diagnostics still give this same screen:http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5466/wmijh5.pngReally at a loss. Cheers in anticipation of help.(Oooh, just thought i'd stick a few details in - im using Windows XP with SP2, dont think i have any viruses because i've run Nod32 + Spybot + AdAware + etc = all clear, not sure what else to say other than the fact that im fairly computer literate but am really stuck over this issue).Zoiks! Some help needed.

A:Unable To Connect To Wmi Service '\\.\root\cimv2'

Similar situation: http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-180131.phpLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139852/unable-to-connect-to-wmi-service-rootcimv2/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Gurus I encountered an error while installing a software and Windows prompted me to (hr=8007043C) FATAL: the to connect to service Unable install a hotfix in order to resolve the issue I got a mail with the link to install the hotfix and I did so Post installing this my windows just wont boot in the normal mode always throwing the physical memory dump I used the SF Diagnostic Tool to analyse the errors Please find attached the files for your reference Sadly I do not have a system restore as well Kindly FATAL: Unable to connect to the service (hr=8007043C) help Thanks Nayan P S The hotfix link that I got on mail is given below quot NOTE For your convenience we send the FATAL: Unable to connect to the service (hr=8007043C) hotfix location to you in a hyperlink To connect to this hotfix location you can click the hyperlink in the quot Location quot field that is listed in the table at the end of this e-mail message to have your Web browser open that location However sometimes e-mail program settings disable hyperlinks If the hyperlink in this e-mail message is disabled please copy the hyperlink in the quot Location quot field and then pastes it into the address box of your Web browser Make sure that you include the exact text without spaces between the parentheses in the http address Package ----------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------- KB Article Number s Language All Global Platform x Location http hotfixv microsoft com Window tl x zip exe quot

A:FATAL: Unable to connect to the service (hr=8007043C)

Update your "Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter" driver

fffff880`04a0c000 fffff880`04b64000 athrx Tue Jun 09 20:06:49 2009 (4A2EA4B9)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/246370-fatal-unable-connect-service-hr-8007043c.html
Relevancy 62.78%

My laptop running Windows 8 Pro has been set to 'Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them' always for Windows Update. I have received the message, "Windows could not search for new updates" - Code 8007000E - daily since 19th April when choosing 'Check for updates' because 'Most recent check for updates' was stuck at that date. Nothing has changed regarding my internet connection and everything is working properly in this respect with my Windows 8 desktop PC. I changed the settings to 'Install updates automatically (recommended)' two days ago to no effect. Additionally, and in case this is relevant, Reliability Monitor has not updated since 14th April on my daily check.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/74886-unable-connect-automatic-updates-service.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Please help This is copied amp pasted from my the connect (hr=8007043C) Unable FATAL: to to service updates log I cannot install anything I cannot system restore - I don't know a huge amount about tech but I am able to follow instructions if someone could FATAL: Unable to connect to the service (hr=8007043C) please help me Currently running Windows Home Premium Code - - COMAPI FATAL Unable to connect to the service hr C - - COMAPI WARNING Unable to establish connection to the service hr C - - COMAPI - WARNING Exit code FATAL: Unable to connect to the service (hr=8007043C) x C - - COMAPI --------- - - COMAPI -- END -- COMAPI Search ClientId lt NULL gt - - COMAPI ------------- - - COMAPI FATAL Unable to initiate asynchronous search hr C - - COMAPI FATAL Unable to connect to the service hr C - - COMAPI WARNING Unable to establish connection to the service hr C - - c Misc Logging initialized build tz - - c Misc Process c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe - - c Misc Module C Windows system wuapi dll - - c COMAPI ------------- - - c COMAPI -- START -- COMAPI Search ClientId Windows Defender - - c COMAPI --------- - - c COMAPI FATAL Unable to connect to the service hr C - - c COMAPI WARNING Unable to establish connection to the service hr C - - c COMAPI - WARNING Exit code x C - - c COMAPI --------- - - c COMAPI -- END -- COMAPI Search ClientId lt NULL gt - - c COMAPI ------------- - - c COMAPI FATAL Unable to initiate asynchronous search hr C - - c COMAPI FATAL Unable to connect to the service hr C - - c COMAPI WARNING Unable to establish connection to the service hr C - - fc Misc Logging initialized build tz - - fc Misc Process c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe - - fc Misc Module C Windows system wuapi dll - - fc COMAPI ------------- - - fc COMAPI -- START -- COMAPI Search ClientId Windows Defender - - fc COMAPI --------- - - fc COMAPI FATAL Unable to connect to the service hr C - - fc COMAPI WARNING Unable to establish connection to the service hr C - - fc COMAPI - WARNING Exit code x C - - fc COMAPI --------- - - fc COMAPI -- END -- COMAPI Search ClientId lt NULL gt - - fc COMAPI ------------- - - fc COMAPI FATAL Unable to initiate asynchronous search hr C - - fc COMAPI FATAL Unable to connect to the service hr C - - fc COMAPI WARNING Unable to establish connection to the service hr C - - Misc Logging initialized build tz - - Misc Process c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe - - Misc Module C Windows system wuapi dll - - COMAPI ------------- - - COMAPI -- START -- COMAPI Search ClientId Windows Defender - - COMAPI --------- - - COMAPI FATAL Unable to connect to the service hr C - - COMAPI WARNING Unable to establish connection to the service hr C - - COMAPI - WARNING Exit code x C - - COMAPI --------- - - COMAPI -- END -- COMAPI Search ClientId lt NULL gt - - COMAPI ------------- - - COMAPI FATAL Unable to initiate asynchronous search hr C - - COMAPI FATAL Unable to connect to the service hr C - - COMAPI WARNING Unable to establish connection to the service hr C - - Misc Logging initialized build tz - - Misc Process c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe - - Misc Module C Windows system wuapi dll - - COMAPI ------------- - - COMAPI -- START -- COMAPI Search ClientId Windows Defender - - COMAPI --------- - - COMAPI FATAL Unable to connect to the service hr C - - COMAPI WARNING Unable to establish connection to the service hr C - - COMAPI - WARNING Exit code x C - - COMAPI --------- - - COMAPI -- END -- COMAPI Search ClientId lt NULL gt - - COMAPI ------------- - - COMAPI FATAL Unable to initiate asynchronous search hr C - - COMAPI FATAL Unable to connect to the service hr C - - COMAPI WARNING Unable to establish connection to the service hr C - - c Misc Logging initialized build tz - - c Misc Process c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe - - c Misc Module C Windows system wuapi dll - - c COMAPI ------------- - - c COMAPI -- START -- COMAPI Search ClientId Windows Defender - - c COMAPI ... Read more

A:FATAL: Unable to connect to the service (hr=8007043C)

That error code usually means that the service can't run because you're in Safe Mode.

Please make sure that you're booting to Normal Mode, using MSCONFIG to ensure that you're using 'Normal startup'

MSCONFIG -
Click on the Start button
in the Search box, type MSCONFIG and hit the Enter key
the System Configuration utility should come up

In the 'General' tab, make sure that the radio-button against 'Normal startup' is selected, then click Apply, and OK, and reboot.

does anything change now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/333094-fatal-unable-connect-service-hr-8007043c.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have Windows Pro RTM installed on my laptop all updates are installed and the problem that I am having is atleast once or twice a week when I boot my laptop it says quot Please Wait quot and then the login box comes up After I enter my password and the desktop loads there is a quot lock quot Event could not Windows connect the to System Notificat in the bottom right corner with a notification that says Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service Please consult your system administrator I am the administrator only user and I have uac turned off I have tried so many different things after google searches that I will list Windows could not connect to the System Event Notificat below and nothing helps except for one thing which temporarily fixes it Disable windows defender Run command prompt and do quot netsh winsock reset quot this is the temporary fix after reboot sometimes I have to do it and reboot multiple times for it to work This worked fine with Vista Enterprise and Home Premium bit so I'm not quite sure whats going on so any suggestions would help My computer is malware spyware virus free Thanks

A:Windows could not connect to the System Event Notificat

Is the service running? The System Event Notification Service?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/27009-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notificat.html
Relevancy 62.35%

So ive checked a lot of threads here, trying to get this god forsaken system to work so i can format my latest ssd. i went into Services.msc and looked up Virtual disk, wasnt on, only said manual.

So i try to start it up right, i get this message: "Windows could not start the Virtual Disk service on Local Computer Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

Its a Samsung EVO with 1 TB, i went into the Samsung magician and pressed something so increase maximum performance. I don't know if this had anything to do with it?

It's the first time this happens to me, im so lost.

A:Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service, no path?

Solved, Had to watch for the exact name and string to use in <regedit> the registry.

This page helped me in making the correct steps, creating a IMAGEPATH by yourself.

Start/Stop Virtual Disk service in Windows 7 from Services, Regedit or CMD

Simply put, i had to create a path from the virtual disk service myself because somehow it disappeared? and after i did this in the registry everything worked as usual.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/338866-unable-connect-virtual-disk-service-no-path.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Background: several weeks ago laptop stopped connecting with internet. Troubleshooter said that the Diagnostic Policy Service was off. Went to admin>services> diagnostic Policy service, no joy, already set in automatic. (Error 5)

At the time the laptop stopped connecting the free microsoft license that came with the computer also stopped working... called Dell they said I never had the full version. Needless to say I screwed the pooch, I purchased the software, but did not keep the receipts. I gave it to my daughter who is more computer literate than I am to do the install as the computer was for her anyway.

I do not have any discs, she lost them.

Other than blowing my brains out, is there a fix?

thanks

A:Unable to connect to Internet-diagnostic policy service off

Quote: Originally Posted by redwood25

Background: several weeks ago laptop stopped connecting with internet. Troubleshooter said that the Diagnostic Policy Service was off. Went to admin>services> diagnostic Policy service, no joy, already set in automatic. (Error 5)

At the time the laptop stopped connecting the free microsoft license that came with the computer also stopped working... called Dell they said I never had the full version. Needless to say I screwed the pooch, I purchased the software, but did not keep the receipts. I gave it to my daughter who is more computer literate than I am to do the install as the computer was for her anyway.

I do not have any discs, she lost them.

Other than blowing my brains out, is there a fix?

thanks

Hi redwood25,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please set the service to manual instead of automatic and then start the service and let us know the results.

I believe your system must have come with the Windows preinstalled. So you should be having genuine OEM version of windows on this system.

Please check this link for further troubleshooting the issue:

How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems in Internet Explorer

If the system was working fine earlier then you can also set the system to earlier stage by performing system restore:

System Restore

Lastly, check this links for requesting backup discs for your system:

http://dell.to/Zj7oHA

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/299485-unable-connect-internet-diagnostic-policy-service-off.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Issue: I have a Windows 7 client that will not activate via the command slmgr.vbs /ato nor through the Volume Activation Management Tool.

Error: 0x800706BA Unable to connect to the WMI service on the remote machine
Troubleshooting:  I have added the workstation via ip address and tried to activate since I read that it could be a DNS issue. I also ran a script that was supposed to repair the WMI.  Neither tries fixed it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e5b0cda8-6cd0-4565-8e34-7e625cdea16e/0x800706ba-unable-to-connect-to-the-wmi-service-on-the-remote-machine?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey everyone, if anyone could provide any information on this issue, i'd greatly appreciate it. My mom's laptop is detecting that our wireless internet connection is active, but it won't actually connect to the internet. When we troubleshoot the issue, it says that our diagnostic policy service isn't running. Since we can't connect to the internet on the laptop, we can't run any updates or perform any virus scans. We've tried manually adding a network service through cmd.exe, and uninstalling the network adapters and restarting the computer. We've also tried to run a system file check, but it doesn't seem to activate. The sfc box just disappears when we try to initiate a scan. I imagine we might have to back up her important files and just reinstall the operating system, but her laptop came with a preinstalled OS, and no discs. We'd be very thankful for any info or suggestions.

-Evan

A:Unable to connect to internet; diagnostic policy service not running?

See if you are connected to a 'proxy server'

1) Under ?Tools? in the browser tool bar select ?Internet Options?.
2) In the ?Internet Options? window that pops up, click the ?Connections? tab at the top.
3) Click ?LAN Settings? near the bottom of the ?Connections? section.
4) If the ?Proxy server? checkbox is marked with a check, click it to deselect/uncheck it.
5) Click ?Ok? to close the ?Local Area Network (LAN) Settings? window.
6) Click ?Ok? to close the ?Internet Options? window.
Reboot
Make sure "Proxy server" is still disabled under your LAN Settings.
Test whether internet connectivity is restored.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/273716-unable-connect-internet-diagnostic-policy-service-not-running.html
Relevancy 60.63%

The auto-update of Mcafee was interrupted and ever since I cannot update it. I get this message: unable to connect to mcafee total protection service update server. The Mcafee help guide is of no help. I have Mcafee 4.9.2.253 two months trial version (still 10 days to go), vista, wireless, broadband. My internet works alright for everything else. Any suggestions?

A:unable to connect to mcafee total protection service update server

Have you tried un and re installing it? Are you planning on purchasing it? If so do that and then reinstall will probably fix the isue. If not then remove it and try another. WE can recommmend others.
Do you have amalware problem going on ? That can also cause this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195706/unable-to-connect-to-mcafee-total-protection-service-update-server/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello there Just to let you know the context I have recovered from a severe malware Trojan Vundo infestation with the kind help of SifuMike from this very forum Before I decided to turn myself towards a helping hand I had to tackle with the infestation myself and namely had to dapple with into services msc and msconfig to disable some programs that would load at startup This in order to try to prevent further spread of the Failures (unable Viewer System Event Services Applications Will In And Not - Initialize) The Start To infestation Though the infestation is gone my PC running under Windows XP Professional SP still has some malfunctions - one of the most troubling facts is that if I put on the password protected screensaver when it resumes to fast switching user welcome page the password I type in to log in does not work Note that I run an administrator account I need to shut down and System And Applications Failures (unable To Initialize) In The Event Viewer - Services Will Not Start restart the computer to be able to log in - When I try to install uninstall software I have to start manually the Windows Installer Service and nonetheless receive he following error message quot the RPC server is unavailable quot although the Remote Procedure Call RPC service is started - in the System section of the Event Viewer I can see numerous errors pointing to services that fail to start e g and to name a few Remote Access Connection Manager Application Layer Gateway Service Workstation service Computer browser service Routing and Remote Access SSDPSRV service SSDP Discovery Service etc - ditto in the Application section of the Event Viewer e g MS-DTC Service DCOM service Windows search service etc I read that most services rely on others to start i e the first being prerequisites for the latter to start However I cannot see because those areas are greyed out dependencies in the dependencies tab I would like to ensure that I have all the necessary and useful services running on my PC I see that some services such as MS-DTC for instance are not able to log on their log in is password protected but do not know what to do about it In this respect I recall that I deleted a NT Authority System account while my PC was infected due to the weird name I suspected it was in relation to the infestation hard luck I should be most grateful if someone could give me a helping hand in relation to the above Do not hesitate to request from me any log or list of running services or errors in the System and Applications sections of the Event Viewer Thank you very much for your kind assistance Looking forward to reading from you Regards Captain Killgore

A:System And Applications Failures (unable To Initialize) In The Event Viewer - Services Will Not Start

Hello,It sounds like that the system has been through a lot. Download advanced windows care, the free version http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html this should solve quite a few of the problems and provide a solid foundation to diagnose further problems.In services.msc you mention that the dependencies list are greyed out, how long have you left the list to populate? the list takes anything from a few seconds to a minute to usually load. open the dependencies tab of installer and leave it for a while.Let us know how it goes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127526/system-and-applications-failures-unable-to-initialize-in-the-event-viewer-services-will-not-start/
Relevancy 59.77%

I purchased a new xps from dell over two weeks ago nbsp Currently the laptop is working fine however I ve tried tried to register the laptop under my products multiple times since receiving the laptop nbsp Whenever to new for customer not tag reach service register service because xps13 to unable + warranty found unable I try to enter the service tag it keeps giving me an error quot Products not found nbsp There rsquo s no match for the Service Tags that were entered quot nbsp At first I thought maybe it was because the laptop was new but it new xps13 unable to register for warranty because service tag not found + unable to reach customer service has been weeks now and I m still getting the same message Not only that but I ve been trying to contact dell through email for weeks now and I always get the same quot you will get a response in hour quot reply but nobody ever replies nbsp I feel like the biggest moron right now because I paid for years of premium support and you won t even answer a freaking email nbsp I m pretty close to just returning this laptop and buying a piece of macbook because at least apple responds to support requests

A:new xps13 unable to register for warranty because service tag not found + unable to reach customer service

Was the system purchased direct from Dell?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997104
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
I have a application developed using vb6.0 that works fine on all windows OS except windows vista. After installing the application, some of the exe's are blocked and for some exe's i need to run them as administrator for them to work properly.
The other issue is i have some services to be installed using the application.
The services are installed fine but the icon doesn't show in the system tray (It should show the icon in the system tray(Notification area) after the service is started).
How can i overcome these problems.

I need some urgent help on this....
Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-get-the-icon-into-the-system-tray-after-the-service-is-started.560545/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am getting a warning event notification, which states that disk space has dropped below the minimum threshold. I have plenty of disk space. How can I get rid of this notification?

A:warning event notification

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569449/warning-event-notification/
Relevancy 58.05%

I m not sure if this is a hardware problem b software problem or c some sort of malicious software problem but rather than cross-post would ask a moderator to let me know if there is a better forum for this post ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Dell Optiplex GX Operating System Windows XP Professional Problem Description There is a pop-up window that occurs randomly and frequently that is titled quot Warning Event Notification Warning Event Notification quot and the text of the pop-up is as follows Warning Event Notification quot Disk free Warning Event Notification space has dropped below the minimum threshold Free up space on your hard disk drive by Backing up your data to a tape backup ZIP or network drive Delete unused files If you are unsure which files are safe to move or delete contact your Help Desk or consult your software manuals quot On the left side of the pop-up is a graphics area with Dell s logo and a large circle enclosing an quot M quot The only response to the pop-up is to close it This computer has a gb C drive that has only used I am current on Norton s Internet Security and Anti-virus updates and ran an anti-virus scan in safe mode last night Dell tech support doesn t have a clue Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

I am new to this forum and would very much appreciate some help. My laptop (Windows 10) has been infected and I have not been able to connect to the Internet. Sophos points out to a Troj/syswow64/dnsapi.dll file but I have not been able to clean/delete the file. Or run MBAM. How to get rid of this virus and get my internet up and running? I've reset the drive twice! 

I was referring to the same issue on http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592457/dnsapidll-removed-localhost-blocked/ . Please let me know how I can go about collecting logs for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

A:Computer infected. Unable to connect to the Internet

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the LogFile button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleanerCx.txt (x is a number).===Please run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool one more time. Enter dnsapi.dll in the Search Box and hit the File Search button.Post the content of the Search.txt in your next reply.Wait for further instructions.p.s.You can download the Farbar tool to a CD of Clash drive using a good computer.Copy the File to the Desktop of the compromised computer and run it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595790/computer-infected-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 57.62%

Pretty much sums it up. Have ran ms secess and still have problems with connecting to the domain and slow system speeds.
Have run combofix and seems to hang after completed stage_4. Problem occurred on clients system last night or this morning. System is not receiving any AD data and mapped drives aren't connecting.

A:Infected with 64:sirefef/ad and unable to connect to domain

Hello midiean and welcome to BleepingComputer forums. Backdoor trojan warning:ZeroAccess / SirefefThis system has some serious backdoor trojans. ZeroAccess / SirefefThis is a point where you need to decide about  whether to make a clean start.According to the information provided in logs, one or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan. This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information, and download and execute files.You are strongly advised to do the following immediately.1. Contact your banks, credit card companies, financial institutions and inform them that you may be a victim of identity theft and ask them to put a watch on your accounts or change all your account numbers.2. From a clean computer, change ALL your online passwords -- for email, for banks, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, online companies, any online forums or groups.3. Do NOT change passwords or do any transactions while using the infected computer because the attacker will get the new passwords and transaction information.These trojans leave a backdoor open on the system that can allow a hacker total and complete access to your computer. (Remote access trojan) Hackers can operate your computer just as if they were sitting in front of it. Hackers can watch everything you are doing on the computer, play tricks, do screenshots, log passwords, start and stop programs.See this article on creating strong passwords   http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/passwords-create.aspx* Take any other steps you think appropriate for an attempted identity theft.You should also understand that once a system has been compromised by a Trojan backdoor, it can never really be trusted again unless you completely reformat the hard drives and reinstall Windows fresh.While we usually can successfully remove malware like this, we cannot guarantee that it is totally gone, and that your system is completely safe to use for future financial information and/or transactions.Here is some additional information: What Is A Backdoor Trojan?  http://www.geekstogo...backdoor-trojanDanger: Remote Access Trojans  http://www.microsoft...o/virusrat.mspxConsumers Identity Theft   http://www.ftc.gov/b...mers/index.htmlWhen should I re-format? How should I reinstall?  http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?  http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451Let me know what you decide.If you still wish to see if we can cure this, then start with the following.Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our toolsFor directions on how, see How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware ProgramsDo NOT turn off the firewallPlease download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2Link 3Link 4Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 or 8, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If your antivirus program gives a prompt message, respond positive to allow RKILL to run.If a malware-rogue gives a message regarding RKILL, proceed forward to running RKILLIF you still have a problem running RKILL, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.When all done, rkill.txt log file will be on your desktop. Copy & Paste contents of Rkill.txt into a reply.More Information about Rkill can be found at this link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.htmlTas... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489906/infected-with-64sirefefad-and-unable-to-connect-to-domain/
Relevancy 57.62%

hi

i think my computer may still be infected. Started with antivirus and other pop ups... immediately went into safe mode with networking and downloaded malware anti malware. It quarantined and took out several things, which I have a list of if you need. Since then, am no longer able to connect to any online games. I do have AVG on my computer, ran it normally says all is fine, as does the malware tool. I can access email and internet fine so far. I have a hijack list, which I have not touched as well if you need. I tried to restore to an earlier date, system rebooted then said it could not allow restore... please help

A:am i still infected unable to connect to any online games

just to update unable to get to internet using ie, only able to on firefox thus fire... also the antivirus popped up again couldnt run malware antibytes in normal mode ran it in safe mode and it took out one thing, ran avast which took out a few as well, but still no change(

after more researching, i can as i can use firefox, apparently all the mmorpg games i play go through ie, which is disabled, no more pop ups, just to let you know avg wasnt updating, so that is why i uninstalled, and installed avast, which cleaned up a few more things... am still very worried though as cannot access anything online that connects through internet explorer.. i hope you can respond soon(i do have both malware and hijack logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289627/am-i-still-infected-unable-to-connect-to-any-online-games/
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm trying to help a friend whose Compaq Presario C700 laptop was seriously infected. I was able to clean it enough to make recovery discs from the factory recovery partition. I then put a new hard drive in and recovered the system using those discs. After the recovery finished, it boots to Vista Home Premium 32-bit with no service packs. I've tried using Windows Update and it immediately errors out. I have the 32-bit SP1 & SP2 on a CD and neither of them will run.

I'm guessing that this must have happened to others - the inability to update or patch a 'vintage' Vista reinstall and was hoping to find a solution but all my searches have given me nothing that will work. Does anyone have any pointers? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/304655-unable-get-updates-install-service-packs-after-system-recovery.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I had a lot of WHEA error problems so I set up a Task (Attach Task to Event) to give me a notification message whenever one occurred. I've since replaced the motherboard (and fixed the WHEA errors). I would now like to delete that notification task but don't know how.

A:How to delete a Task Event Notification

Look in Task Scheduler \ Task Scheduler Library \ Event Viewer Tasks
Can you delete the task there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/340698-how-delete-task-event-notification.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have 20 new desktops to set up. They all come with XPpro, and rather than set them all up and install software individually, I set up one, then made an ISO image, that I am copying down to each pc. The first machine went fine, and I made the image from it. Now, when I copy the image to the new pcs, once I log in, everything is fine, except a message that keeps popping up.

Warning Event Notification
Diskfree Space has dropped below the minimum threshold.

It suggests cleaning up files. There isn't anything to clean up. The hard drives are 40g and only 4 is being used. I am confused.

I found a suggestion online, for disabling the warning, in the registry, but that did not work.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

p51

A:Warning Event Notification message

No idea... maybe if you use Ghost instead perhaps it wouldn't be an issue tho.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/warning-event-notification-message.175516/
Relevancy 57.19%

Legacy Notification Autoplay V Event I HAVE A TOSHIBA U S RUNNING WIN XP PRO SP WITH INSTALLED MATSHITA U J S D Notification Legacy Event Autoplay V2 V D SUPER DRIVE I CAN NO LONGER BURN MEDIA OF ANY TYPE I CAN PLAY ALL MEDIA INCLUDING D V D RAM I AM USING NERO ANS ASHAMPOO BURNING SOFTWARE I HAVE A SONY EXTERNAL D V D BURNER CONNECTED TO MY LAPTOP Legacy Notification Autoplay V2 Event AND I CAN BURN EVERYTHING FINE IN MY ADVANCED SETTINGS FOR MY INTERNAL BURNER WINDOWS DOESN'T SEE IT AS A RECORDABLE DRIVE THE ENCLOSED IS A ERROR REPORT GENERATED BY AUTOFIX AutoFix V Legacy Notification Autoplay V2 Event Time - - Microsoft Windows Version Service Pack v lt gt Test The Shell Hardware Detection service is running - Instance N A Result AutoStart Setting OK Result The Shell Hardware Detection service is running OK Test Policies - Instance D Drive Type Result HKCU Policies NoDrives OK Absent Result HKCU Policies NoDriveAutorun OK Absent Result HKCU Policies NoDriveTypeAutorun OK Present Result HKLM Policies NoDrives OK Absent Result HKLM Policies NoDriveAutorun OK Absent Result HKLM Policies NoDriveTypeAutorun OK Absent Result Driver level policies OK HKLM Services cdrom Autorun Present lt Allows gt HKLM Services cdrom Parameters Autorun Absent lt Allows gt HKLM System CCS Enum AlwaysEnable Absent lt Not set gt HKLM System CCS Enum AlwaysDisable Absent lt Not set gt Test Drive Notification - Instance D Drive Type Result Legacy Notification Problems Result AutoPlay V Notification Problems Service Silent Shell Deaf gt gt Repair lt lt Legacy AutoPlay Event Step No steps to take Result This AutoPlay setting cannot be fixed Either the device is malfunctioning or the wizard cannot determine the problem gt gt Repair lt lt Autoplay V Event Step No steps to take Result This AutoPlay setting cannot be fixed Either the device is malfunctioning or the wizard cannot determine the problem gt gt Required action The wizard found problems but cannot fix them - gt None Posted PM PST cestewart Job Role Telecommunications System Administration Location Brooklyn New York Member since

A:Legacy Notification Autoplay V2 Event

uninstall one burning application and see.

Run nero infotool with from start menu>nero.here u can find features supported by your dvd drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/legacy-notification-autoplay-v2-event-222319.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Help please I cannot provide my operating system for the computer that I am having issues with bc it will not let me connect to the internet connect not connect could the E to service: System Windows to windows Failed a to at all or pretty much do anything Here is my problems and I at this time have my daughter has only had this laptop since which is a HP G and it is running Windows Vista Home Premium And now we have problems I have this very same laptop that was purchased the same day and I am having none of these issues yet Can someone please tell me what to do I hope I am posting correctly also Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an administrator user you can review the Failed to connect to a windows service: Windows could not connect to the System E System Event Log for Failed to connect to a windows service: Windows could not connect to the System E details about why the service didn t respond The second problem is that when I insert my Sierra Wireless AC U and click to start the AT amp T service it says quot Corruption has been detected in FeatureManagerSetting backup file has been loaded The third problem is I keep getting a Windows Explorer error nbsp

A:Failed to connect to a windows service: Windows could not connect to the System E

Fixed

Ok well thanks to posts from markiepoos I was able to finally fix the problem...

:wave:

Thanks again,
Addierae

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-e.134669/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello

Can anyone comment, what's to meaning and purpose of Windows 7 Event log entry:Winlogon - User Logoff Notification for Customer Experience Improvement Program. Event ID:7002
Or accordingly User logon ID:7001.
How to switch off when not needed?

Thank you!

A:Event log - Winlogon notification Customer Experience

Customer Experience program is one of the opt-in Microsoft data mining things. For it to actually work one is supposed to choose to "opt-in" or turn it on somewhere. I certainly did no such thing so it's not working on my machine, but guess what, there's still a scheduled task to gather the data, even though it's not being sent anywhere. So apparently, the computer is programmed to gather some info anyway, regardless of whether you actually opt-in for the Program.

While I am not sure what your particular Event ID means, I can share what I did - I went to the Task Scheduler and disabled all tasks related to the Customer Experience Improvement. I think that would take care of anything related to the Program, including your log entry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/145691-event-log-winlogon-notification-customer-experience.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi there Hubby said he infected virus to sites unable to connect XP anti home had a problem with his XP home laptop earlier tonight It had frozen on the last site he visited and couldnt get it switched off - had to pull battery He was running slow able to get to sites like Ebay but AVGfree was reporting that the download server was unavailable I checked with mine and no problem connecting to AVG so tried again on his laptop XP home infected unable to connect to anti virus sites and got the same result I could do a scan with AVG but all it found was tracking cookies some I hadn t seen before quot revski net quot and it seems to have deleted them I tried to update AVG manually with the lates files from my pen drive but any attempt to open AVG from Programs and it hangs again Sinking feeling happened about now I tried to run his Spybot but it wont open Tried to update it from the menu and it reports that theres an error with the database Its not letting Malwarebytes run either I tried Kapersky online scanner and it just hangs Meanwhile it keeps freezing and again had to pull battery holding down power button didnt work Tried to boot into safe mode and it reports quot we appologise windows was unable to boot into safe mode quot Only able to go to last known working configuration it boots slowly but OK I m sort of leaning towards Conficker or Zlob although I haven t tried to go to WU yet but I m assuming it wont allow it So help needed from your expert selves Thanks in advance

A:XP home infected unable to connect to anti virus sites

I am having the exact same issue described in my thread.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225218/difficult-virus/Hope someone can help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225340/xp-home-infected-unable-to-connect-to-anti-virus-sites/
Relevancy 55.9%

Not really sure where to put this so I figured here would be the most appropriate I've been running Ultimate x and had occasional freezing problems I'm pretty sure those are related to a memory issue Normally to internet Unable freeze connect system x64: to after I just have to hard reset the system and everything x64: Unable to connect to internet after system freeze is fine But yesterday I had a lock-up hard reset and somehow the date was changed to Apr I obviously couldn't connect to the internet so I reset the date to and restarted No change My software subscriptions think they have expired and I'm at a complete loss here I require the internet and that software on that system for work and have no idea what to do I believe as soon as I get the connection up my subscriptions will talk to their online server friends and all will be fine hopefully so that's why this thread is here Any help would be appreciated Thanks edit Specs--- XFX i Ultra w onboard LAN Q GHz Patriot GB MHz DDR currently running at manufacturer's specs of V and MHz--defaults to V and in BIOS

A:x64: Unable to connect to internet after system freeze

Hi GoldnEagl,

Try to restore the OS with System Restore, roll it back to the date where everything was working perfectly.

Hope it will help.

Cheers...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/222924-x64-unable-connect-internet-after-system-freeze.html
Relevancy 55.9%

A good friend has a wireless "networK" at his home, and he has cable, hi-speed Internet access. He has made me welcome to tie into his wireless system from my Asus laptop while parked in my car when I need to do a large download, since I am on dial-up and no hi-speed is available to me.

We tried to set-up my computer yesterday without success. Eventually an error message came up that said either hardware or software was missing. My system is "XP Pro."

What hardware and software is required for a computer to be made wireless compatible? I have the original specs for the Asus, plus both a Belarc and an Everest inventory. Perhaps I can look at these to see if I have what is needed.

Thanks, {redoak}

Relevancy 55.9%

After Windows 8.1 x64 Professional is running for a while, when I go into disk management I get:
"unable to connect with virtual disk service"
Upon reboot it starts working again. I have done an sfc /scannow and it comes up with no errors.
Any suggestions?
This is more than a minor annoyance, when I connect a USB drive it's doesn't map a letter to it and I have to go into disk management to do so. Rebooting each time is costing lost productivity. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/673f2760-30ec-400f-8c35-b6c69d3964c7/quotunable-to-connect-with-virtual-disk-servicequot-windows-81?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 55.9%

This just started. Other symptoms:
Disk Manager: "unable to connect to virtual disk service"
Internet: "Connection Status Unknown, not enough storage is available to complete this operation"
Speakers: "The audio service is not running"
Quick Launch Toolbar: Cannot start Windows Explorer, but other apps ok.

Internet is up and running fine, can still get email and visit web pages.

Yesterday, tried to run VS C# Express for the first time, and could not open a project without getting a error message. So, I ran the following script usin subbinacl:
cd /d "%programfiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %windir%\*.* /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f

What's happening?

A:"unable to connect to virtual disk service"

Originally Posted by AwileyDog

This just started. Other symptoms:
Disk Manager: "unable to connect to virtual disk service"
Internet: "Connection Status Unknown, not enough storage is available to complete this operation"
Speakers: "The audio service is not running"
Quick Launch Toolbar: Cannot start Windows Explorer, but other apps ok.

Internet is up and running fine, can still get email and visit web pages.

Yesterday, tried to run VS C# Express for the first time, and could not open a project without getting a error message. So, I ran the following script usin subbinacl:
cd /d "%programfiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %windir%\*.* /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f

What's happening?

You have a backup we can restore from? if not try a system file check start>search>cmd>right click run as admin>sfc /scannow

let us know the results

kwn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/251307-unable-connect-virtual-disk-service.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have been having this problem since I removed the "antivirus 2010" bug and I'm afraid I must have missed some of it. I can find no running processes that are triggering the event notification tone but it goes off, seemingly at random times, even when the machine is in sleep mode. I know I can just turn off the tone, but would much rather find the underlying cause, as well as restoring my computer to its former speed. I have a Dell with a 1.96 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800, 3 gigs of RAM, Windows XP Professional OS. I have run Mcafee, Avira, and Malwarebytes all current versions, with no good luck. Any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated! I will attach the HT log I just got. thx again
 hijackthis4_11.log   8.3KB
  17 downloadsEDIT: Moved from XP to more appropriate malware forum, HJT log attached ~ Hamluis.

A:XP semms slow, also, the event notification sound goes off at random times

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308885/xp-semms-slow-also-the-event-notification-sound-goes-off-at-random-times/
Relevancy 55.47%

I connect internet, restore Unable to system start DPS, or to am currently unable to connect my desktop to the internet and using the troubleshooter tells me that the issue is the deactivation of the Diagnostics Policy Service but it is unable to fix it Unable to connect to internet, start DPS, or restore system I found this thread from several years ago where OP's issues seem pretty much parallel to my own SOLVED Diagnostics policy service wont start I tried every one of the possible remedies given in the linked thread but none of them worked To review I tried starting the Diagnostics Policy Service via the services msc menu but it returned an 'error ' telling em I lacked permission I tried a system restore to an old update point but it failed and the error message told me it may be due to my antivirus I uninstalled both Malwarebytes and Bitdefender and tried again twice once from safe mode but it still failed both times with the same error message I tried uninstalling all my ethernet control software from the devices menu then undoing it via the quot check for hardware changes quot command but it had no effect even after a restart I tried the method given in the microsoft forums where I use the regedit tool to manually change the permissions of my account and allow it edit access to the DPS programs but even after restarting and going back to make sure I still had the permissions it had no effect Finally I tried using the cmd menu and using these commands net localgroup Administrators add networkservice press enter then type net localgroup Administrators add localservice press enter then type exit and then restarting Where as this is what worked for the other OP and many of those on the microsoft forum it did not work for me I even went back after restarting to try it again but on entering the commands it told me that such groups already existed suggesting I did it right the first time I am completely out of options for getting my computer to connect If anyone here can tell me what I might be doing wrong with these fixes or can help me just successfully restore to a previous state without being blocked by a no longer installed anti-virus program I would be greatly appreciative

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-connect-to-internet-start-dps-or-restore-system-1088562.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

I recently restored the whole system on my sister's HP because of a virus that I was unable to remove manually.
The system restore went fine until it reached the point where it was going to reinstall Windows. The computer just turned itself off and the software install was not complete. Nor am I able to reinstall it again. Therefore I have to hold down ctrl+alt+del, go to task manager, click on audit.exe and end the process to turn the computer on. But I can't do anything with it in safemode. The main problem is: I can't connect to the internet! It won't find my wireless network even though Network Discovery is on. What can I do about the internet? And is there any way to install Windows again without a CD?
Thanks in advance!

A:Unable to connect to the internet after system restore and Windows install

whats the model of the HP by tapping F10 or F11 as it boots you may get into the recovery manager

i confused is the software now installed on the PC ?

is this a restore going back to a previous date - or a re-install

when you re-install the software you may need to download drivers - lets see a device manager

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-the-internet-after-system-restore-and-windows-install.1022714/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Our server was left unlocked and it was used by the cleaning service people at night and is now infected with multiple malware problems Could anyone help to clean this system It s Help! service infected left Server unlocked, cleaning system! people an NT Server so it may be different from cleaning XP I tried installing some antispyware products but no luck everything seems to come back I am posting my HijackThis log Please let me know if there is anymore info needed Thanks Stan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows NT SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINNT SBS Help! Server left unlocked, cleaning service people infected system! System smss exe C WINNT SBS system winlogon exe C WINNT SBS system services exe C WINNT SBS system lsass exe C ARCserve DBENG EXE C ARCserve JOBENG EXE C ARCserve RDS EXE C ARCserve MSGENG EXE C ARCserve TAPEENG EXE C ARCserve casmrtbk exe C ARCserve DBAXCHG dbasvr exe C WINNT SBS System llssrv exe C WINNT SBS LogWatNT exe C WINNT SBS System tcpsvcs exe C MSP mspadmin exe C OfficeScan NT ntrtscan exe C Program Files Trend OfficeScan PCCSRV web service ofcservice exe C WINNT SBS System LOCATOR EXE C WINNT SBS system RpcSs exe C PROGRA Trend SMEX instmon exe C WINNT SBS system tapisrv exe C OfficeScan NT tmlisten exe C PROGRA Trend SMEX RMonitor exe C MSP wspsrv exe C WINNT SBS System ASDscSvc exe C WINNT SBS System Liccheck exe C OfficeScan NT ofcdog exe D ZFAX SERVER EPSTIFF EXE D ZFAX SERVER QM EXE D ZFAX SERVER ADB EXE D ZFAX MAIL STM EXE D ZFAX SERVER DEVBT EXE D ZFAX SERVER DEVBT EXE D ZFAX SERVER DEVPRNT EXE C WINNT SBS System dns exe C WINNT SBS System esserver exe C WINNT SBS System nddeagnt exe C MSP mailalrt exe C WINNT SBS System modemshr exe C ExchSrvr bin mad exe c winnt sbs system pstores exe C WINNT SBS system rasman exe C WINNT SBS system MSTask exe C WINNT SBS System SENS EXE C OfficeScan NT pccntmon exe C WINNT SBS System wins exe C WINNT SBS System ap h qmo exe C WINNT SBS System inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINNT SBS system rassrv exe C WINNT SBS system spoolss exe C EXCHSRVR connect msexcimc bin msexcimc exe C ExchSrvr bin events exe C PROGRA Trend SMEX SmexVS exe C PROGRA Trend SMEX WebRoot InstWeb exe C PROGRA Trend SMEX WebRoot SmexHS exe C WINNT SBS SYSTEM MDM EXE C WINNT SBS Explorer exe C WINNT SBS Profiles Administrator Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe C WINNT SBS system rundll exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer OHARE F - REG system ini UserInit userinit nddeagnt exe O - Hosts pop greater-ohare com cnchost com O - Hosts websearch com O - Hosts www websearch com O - Hosts websearch com O - Hosts www adwave com O - Hosts adwave com O - Hosts www xzoomy com O - Hosts xzoomy com O - Hosts www advnt com O - Hosts advnt com O - Hosts websearch com O - Hosts www adwave com O - Hosts adwave com O - Hosts www xzoomy com O - Hosts xzoomy com O - Hosts www advnt com O - Hosts advnt com O - Hosts websearch com O - Hosts www adwave com O - Hosts adwave com O - Hosts www xzoomy com O - Hosts xzoomy com O - Hosts www advnt com O - Hosts advnt com O - BHO ohb - B C - FA - A - F F- BF - C WINNT SBS System trgen dll O - BHO ohb - D F F- AC - AB- B - C - C WINNT SBS System winb s dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO ohb - A FF- EF- A - - E C B - C WINNT SBS System rtneg dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT SBS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run SchedulingAgent mstinit exe logon O - HKLM Run OfficeScanNT Monitor quot C OfficeScan NT pccntmon exe quot -HideWindow O - HKLM Run ap h qmo C WINNT SBS System ap h qmo exe O - HKLM Run regsync C WINNT SBS System regsync exe O - HKLM RunOnce Register C WINNT SBS System vbrundll dll quot C WINNT SBS System rundll exe quot quot C WINNT SBS System vbrundll dll ... Read more

A:Help! Server left unlocked, cleaning service people infected system!

Download Hoster from here:
www.funkytoad.com/download/hoster.zip
Run the program Hoster and press Restore Original Hosts, OK, and Exit Program.

Fix these with HJT – mark them, close IE, click fix checked

O2 - BHO: ohb - {22B720C7-5FA6-40A8-9F8F-8584BF669690} - C:\WINNT.SBS\System32\trgen.dll

O2 - BHO: ohb - {4D568F0F-8AC9-40AB-88B7-415134C78777} - C:\WINNT.SBS\System32\winb2s32.dll

O2 - BHO: ohb - {999A06FF-10EF-4A29-8640-69E99882C26B} - C:\WINNT.SBS\System32\rtneg3.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ap9h4qmo] C:\WINNT.SBS\System32\ap9h4qmo.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [regsync] C:\WINNT.SBS\System32\regsync.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Register C:\WINNT.SBS\System32\vbrundll.dll] "C:\WINNT.SBS\System32\rundll32.exe" "C:\WINNT.SBS\System32\vbrundll.dll",DllRegisterServer

O16 - DPF: {7EB15626-CB8E-4174-8A72-C055B12B4310} (CQD2Loader Object) - http://smartdownloader.com/installer.dll

DownLoad http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zip

Restart your computer into safe mode now. (Tapping F8 at the first black screen) Perform the following steps in safe mode:

Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it. Now put a tick by Standard File Kill. In the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste each of the following lines one at a time then click on the button that has the red circle with the X in the middle after you enter each file. It will ask for confimation to delete the file. Click Yes. Continue with that same procedure until you have copied and pasted all of these in the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box.

C:\WINNT.SBS\System32\trgen.dll
C:\WINNT.SBS\System32\winb2s32.dll
C:\WINNT.SBS\System32\rtneg3.dll
C:\WINNT.SBS\System32\ap9h4qmo.exe
C:\WINNT.SBS\System32\regsync.exe

Note: It is possible that Killbox will tell you that one or more files do not exist. If that happens, just continue on with all the files. Be sure you don't miss any.

START – RUN – type in %temp% OK - Edit – Select all – File – Delete

Delete everything in the C:\Windows\Temp folder or C:\WINNT\temp

Empty the recycle bin
Boot and post a new log from normal NOT safe mode

Please give feedback on what worked/didn’t work and the current status of your system

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-server-left-unlocked-cleaning-service-people-infected-system.436232/
Relevancy 54.61%

http www bleepingcomputer com forums ind p entry With thanks to Budapest for the huge amount of support already offered I an unable to run ddsThree days ago when the system was still mostly functional I was able to - Infected system most do unable to anything run a Win kDiag scan I am unable to copy and paste from the Infected system - unable to do most anything affected system I am typing Infected system - unable to do most anything the log file I got at that time be gentle WARNING Could not get backup privileges Searching 'C WINDOWS' Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB -IE KB -IE Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly NativeImages v Temp ZAP tmp ZAP tmpMount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly NativeImages v Temp ZAP F tmp ZAP F tmpMount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly NativeImages v Temp ZAP C tmp ZAP C tmpMount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly NativeImages v Temp ZAP tmp ZAP tmpMount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly NativeImages v Temp ZAP A tmp ZAP A tmpMount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly NativeImages v Temp ZAP C tmp ZAP C Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly NativeImages v Temp ZAP D tmp ZAP D Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly temp tempMount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly tmp tmpMount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS CacheMount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS Config ConfigMount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS Connection Wizard Connection WizardMount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS CSC d d Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS CSC d d Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS CSC d d Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS CSC d d Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS CSC d d Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS CSC d d Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS CSC d d Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS CSC d d Mount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS ftpcache ftpcacheMount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS ime chsime applets appletsMount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS ime CHTIME Applets AppletsMount point destination Device max gt Found mount point C WINDOWS ime imejp applets a... Read more

A:Infected system - unable to do most anything

Hello kimbly, and welcome to BleepingComputer.com! I will be helping you to help you get cleaned up. Please take note of some guidelines for this fix: I will start working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine. The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine. Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstalling programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running extra scanners or fix programs not requested by me: doing so could change the results in the reports I request. The process is not instant: even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I tell you your machine is clean. Just because a symptom disappears does not mean your system is clean. We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself. If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please stop and ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken. Please set aside enough time to complete all the steps in each post and follow the instructions in the order stated. After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, but please let me know: just post back here so that I know you are still here. This is to ensure that your topic remains open and I don't close it to start a new post.
NOTE: In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this button, a drop-down menu will expand. By choosing Track this topic and then choosing Immediate Email Notification, followed by clicking Proceed, you will be advised when I respond to your topic. This facilitates the cleaning procedure. The topics you are tracking can be found here. Please reply to this thread using the Add Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Reviewing your log(s) requires an amount of research, so please be patient. However, if I have not posted back within 24 hours, feel free to send me a Personal Message (PM) with your topic link.Now let's get to work.Download and run a batch file (peek.bat): Download peek.bat from the download link below and save it to your Desktop.Download peek.bat Double-click peek.bat to run it.A black Command Prompt window will appear shortly: the program is running. Once it is finished, copy and paste the entire contents of the Log.txt file it creates as a reply to this post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269325/infected-system-unable-to-do-most-anything/
Relevancy 54.61%

Description:
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000060, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 ba60578c.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 64 100000d
0020: 31 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 1 Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 30 36 30 2c 20 000060,
0038: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 32 00000002
0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000
0048: 30 30 2c 20 62 61 36 30 00, ba60
0050: 35 37 38 63 578c

Some body can help me ?

A:Random restarts Source:System Error Event Category: (102) Event is 1003

Inside the 1 MiniDump:

BugCheck 100000D1, {60, 2, 0, ba60578c}
Probably caused by : nvata.sys ( nvata+1378c )Click to expand...

Uninstall the nvidia drivers from the control panel
Download and install the latest drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restarts-source-system-error-event-category-102-event-is-1003.114199/
Relevancy 54.18%

The exact details are Log Name:      Application
Source:        SideBySide
Date:          9/23/2015 1:28:53 PM
Event ID:      80
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Angela-PC
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Slingplayer Desktop\Slingplayer Desktop.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component
version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.18837_none_fa3b1e3d17594757.manifest. Component 2: C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.18837_none_41e855142bd5705d.manifest.

if someone can help with this error in my event log i would be so grateful.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e5869722-266d-464f-b50d-4533d5044af2/windows-operating-system-version-61760016385-event-id-80-event-source-sidebyside?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 54.18%

received three error codes in a row with the following error message:Windows Operating System; Version: 6.1.7600.16385; Event ID: 11; Event Source: Disk, what do i do i need help please.........
HP,WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM

A:Windows Operating System; Version: 6.1.7600.16385; Event ID: 11; Event Source: Disk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-operating-system-version-6-1-7600-16385-event-id-11-event-source-disk.924498/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I seem to have some major issues going on The first of my issues are that SVCHOST EXE keeps crashing in loaded system SVCHOST connect can to be internet, only issues, SafeMODE unable to with the following write errors since I m sure you re aware what these messages state I SVCHOST issues, unable to connect to internet, system can only be loaded in SafeMODE m just going to put the parts that change x e b at SVCHOST issues, unable to connect to internet, system can only be loaded in SafeMODE x x c fea at x x c d at x x f f I forgot to write down where at After this goes through the cycle I can keep clicking ok but it will keep happening when my other programs start to load the system just hangs The only way I ve been able to get to my system is to boot SVCHOST issues, unable to connect to internet, system can only be loaded in SafeMODE in safemode I did find that I was having O issues since I searched the threads for that hoping that I would be able to at least get back on the network with my computer so I ran FixWareOut exe to get rid of the redirecting issues But it seems that I still can t get on the net even in safemode I ve tried to do a System Restore as I have one from a few days ago but it doesn t seem to let me get to the end where I can restart the computer Also it seems that while in safemode I have no SVCHost issues yet it is running in task manager I m using my roommate s MAC right now so I have to transfer my logs but I ran a ComboSCAN which include hjt I have attached the logs I don t know if this has anything to do with the computer but lately when I start the computer at the BIOS screen there are some dots There use to be only now there have been - more and of them are yellow they just appear in odd places not conforming to where a period should be or anything like that Thanks for the help

A:SVCHOST issues, unable to connect to internet, system can only be loaded in SafeMODE

So some new symptoms have shown up. Now I've seen the system just hang without any errors or loading up of anything. While in safemode, I tried changing to diagnostic startup under my admin login, and I get "An access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service. You may need to log on using an administrator account to make the specified changes."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/210049/svchost-issues-unable-to-connect-to-internet-system-can-only-be-loaded-in-safemode/
Relevancy 54.18%

I posted this in the wrong section but this is what I had posted from http www bleepingcomputer com forums t svchost-issues-unable-to-connect-to-internet-system-can-only-be-loaded-in-safemode Hello I seem to have some major issues going on The first of my issues are that SVCHOST EXE keeps crashing with the following write errors since I'm sure you're aware what these messages state I'm just going to put the parts that change x e b at x x c fea at x x c d at x x f f I forgot to write down where at After this goes through the cycle I can keep clicking ok but it will keep happening when my other programs start to load the system just hangs The only way I've been able to get to my system is to boot in safemode I did find that I was having O issues since I searched the threads for that hoping that I would be able to at least get back on the network with my computer so I ran FixWareOut exe to get rid of the redirecting issues But it seems that I still can't get on the net even in safemode I've tried to do a System Restore as I have one from a few days ago but it doesn't seem to let me get to the end where I can SafeMODE unable in to only to issues, be can loaded connect internet, SVCHOST system restart the computer Also it seems that while in safemode I have no SVCHost issues yet it is running SVCHOST issues, unable to connect to internet, system can only be loaded in SafeMODE in task manager I'm using my roommate's MAC right now so I have to transfer my logs but I ran a ComboSCAN which include hjt I have attached the logs I don't know if this has anything to do with the computer but lately when I start the computer at the BIOS screen there are some dots There use to be only now there have been - more and of them are yellow they just appear in odd places not conforming to where a period should be or anything like that Thanks for the help I also posted So some new symptoms have shown up Now I've seen the system just hang without any errors or loading up of anything While in safemode I tried changing to diagnostic startup under my admin login and I get An access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service You may need to log on using an administrator account to make the specified changes I have also been able to finally get back into a normal login Even though it stated the error before I had everything unloaded and am slowly readding everything in hopes to getting back to where I was Oddly this also solved another issue I've been having where one of my cores of my Dual-Core machine would lock in at full usage I can't attach my logs of my scans but they are attached on the other post or I can just repost them if you would like

A:SVCHOST issues, unable to connect to internet, system can only be loaded in SafeMODE

So while I have been slowly reneabling all the services, I have isolated what's causing SVCHOST to have a majority of the error messages, These two window's system services "Remote Access Auto Connection Manager" and "Remote Access Connection Manager" when they get started the system will automatically display the error messages listed above.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/210091/svchost-issues-unable-to-connect-to-internet-system-can-only-be-loaded-in-safemode/
Relevancy 54.18%

System event not recording anything. It is empty, says "date is invalid(13)".

I have some flaky things going on like unexplained CPU spikes causing slowdowns and mouse drag. Also have video problems screen going blank then recovery.

I have reloaded video drivers to no avail. No system lockups or BSODs. I need to see system event log to debug. Other event logs OK. I am proficient on PC and have searched for event log problem. The Event Log service is running. Thanks.

hp pavilion dv9000
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz, 1801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.23, 10/3/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Adapter Type GeForce 8400M GS, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
Adapter RAM 128.00 MB (134,217,728 bytes)

A:Solved: Vista, Event Viewer - system event log not recording

Did you check the - %SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\System.evtx file? It may be corrupted and you may want to rename it to .old and let it recreate itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-event-viewer-system-event-log-not-recording.793436/
Relevancy 54.18%

Good Evening My PC is steadily failing 1003 - System Windows (102) ID - OS Event Event Category Error with a variety of blue screen errors - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer PHIL-E A E C F Description Error code a System Error - Event Category (102) - Event ID 1003 Windows OS parameter f parameter ff parameter parameter f Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d a Param eters c f ff c c f ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer PHIL-E A E C F Description Error code parameter e parameter parameter parameter Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters e c c c ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer PHIL-E A E C F Description Error code parameter parameter a d bd parameter parameter Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters c a d bd c c ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Any advice guidance available in terms of what the problem is from these errors Thanks in advance nbsp

A:System Error - Event Category (102) - Event ID 1003 Windows OS

are these errors occurring out of the blue or do they happen when you run certain things? did you recently install new drivers or updates? posting the full specs of your machine and which operating system would also be helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-error-event-category-102-event-id-1003-windows-os.154525/
Relevancy 54.18%

So basically my pc restarts whenever it wants its getting really annoying, it comes up with serious error and it either says its device drivers or ram, but ive tested my ram with the windows diag and mem test with no errors, and ive updated all my drivers, so im not sure, any help would be muchly appreciated,

this is from the event viewer, ill have to post a copy of my next serious error report and anything else that would be helpful, thanks and plz plz plz help

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 4/21/2007
Time: 2:34:13 AM
User: N/A
Computer: EZMIKE
Description:
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 805607c5, parameter3 f3283a84, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 38 1000008
0020: 65 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d e Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 63 30 eters c0
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 35 2c 20 000005,
0038: 38 30 35 36 30 37 63 35 805607c5
0040: 2c 20 66 33 32 38 33 61 , f3283a
0048: 38 34 2c 20 30 30 30 30 84, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

A:System Error - Event Category (102) - Event ID 1003 Windows OS

got these last 4 minidumps too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-error-event-category-102-event-id-1003-windows-os.75647/
Relevancy 54.18%

Unable to run GMER.

System kills any tool to identify malware, trojan or virus.

Help.

Found a folder on my hardrive called Qoobox?

A:System infected, but unable to find with what.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resouce! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/413927 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413927/system-infected-but-unable-to-find-with-what/