Windows Support Forum

DVD drive isn't being recognized by burning software

Q: DVD drive isn't being recognized by burning software

I just built a computer. My dvd drive is a Lite-On ATAPI iHAS124 B ATA Device. i can use it to read discs and it seemed fine till i tried to burn a dvd with windows dvd maker. It cant find a DVD burning drive. I tried different programs with the same results. I went into the device manager and device properties, and under its general properties in "device status" it says "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)". I have gone to the Lite-On site and looked for its drivers to download and the closest i could find was iHas120. Ive tried looking on other websites but have had no luck. I am running Windows 7 64bit Home edition. Hope someone can help. i know its dvd+r rewriteable drive, it says so right on it.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DVD drive isn't being recognized by burning software

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: DVD drive isn't being recognized by burning software

Try this firmware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-isnt-being-recognized-by-burning-software.155572/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi i have an A-open cd-burner i ve installed Master on secondary IDE It works fine as a cd rom but i can t get it to burn PROBLEM ONE I m using Deep Burner when i try to get it to burn it says quot ASPI initalized---Looking for available drivers---No drives found quot I discovered in the device manager it indentifies the CD-R as quot device type CD-ROM quot not as a CD recorder The drive was provided by microsoft loaded automaticaly after instalation and i guess it s not a CD-R driver I assume that s why deep-burner can find my burner PROBLEM TWO Trying to fix the above problem i went to the manufacturer s site to get the right driver for CD-R: not driver recognized by burning software my model CRW A-open CD-R RW They only offer a firmware program r link below In the program it says its a quot Drive F W Update Program quot Does this mean it updates the firmware AND the driver CD-R: driver not recognized by burning software I double click the firmware R and first get a procedure window telling me to quot TARGET DRIVE to CRW quot once i m in setup But once I m actually in the setup program the drop down menu to select a target drive is blank And i can t type in it and there s no browse button It seems the flash program can t find my CD-burner How can i solve this problem so my questions are Do i need to get another driver for my CD-R for DEEP-burner to find it Or is there another solution How do i CD-R: driver not recognized by burning software get the firmware driver update program to find the quot target drive quot Would clicking on DMA or data sync transfer in the burner s device manager be BAD or good Are these both the same problem Sorry about the long explanation Thanks for your time i really appretiate it Here s the link where i downloaded the firmware if anyone wants to see it http download aopen com tw Defau DownModel CRW amp Language English amp WebSite GL Operating System Windows SE DirectX DirectX CPU AMD Athlon Processor MHz Bus Speed MHz Motherboard ASUSTeK lt A V gt System System System Name BIOS Award ASUS A V ACPI BIOS Revision Memory MB Sound SB Live Wave Out A Video ASUS AGP-V SDRAM v Oryan nbsp

A:CD-R: driver not recognized by burning software

I would suggest trying to see if Nero will be able to burn.
Checking the DMA should not wreak havoc with your system. Acctually should help with burning session ( unloads some of the CPU time ). But then again it's win98 so it could wreak havoc ( as in , upon reboot win98 might not "see" it).
If you used to have a CD Rom before you installed the burner, you might wanna take a look at the autoexec.bat and config.sys files. Remove any entries pertaining to the old cd rom. Reboot and see.
HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-r-driver-not-recognized-by-burning-software.289659/
Relevancy 61.92%

When ever I use blind write software it will show read for around minutes Then it says my hardware has changed and my cd-rom CD-ROM software burning with problems drive gets removed from device manager and will no longer work I can t even open the cd-rom drive I have to shut the computer off and manualy get the cd out This program works fine on my other computer and I am not doing anything differently I have upgraded my firmware to the latest verison for my cd-rom and cdr I have an lg GCR- B cd-rom and a lg GCC- B CD-RW DVD ROM Can I do anything else to get this program working or is it never going to work with my CD-ROM drive problems with burning software cdrom Through device manager I have set my secondary ide channel advanced settings to dma if available for both boxes I have an asus P C- E-Deluxe mother board I have just purchased this system so I belive the chipset is up to date but not sure Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi everyone,
I recently had a problem with both my CD and CDRW drives that apparently was caused by uninstalling some burning software. Microsoft said to delete some registry entries, all was working great, or so i thought.
I havent tried to burn anything since then, until now. I opened up SonicStage Simple Burner for my Sony ATRAC-3Plus discman and it informed me i didnt have a cd recorder, which i do. i went to system under control panel, and it isnt recording a fault. I also tried easy cd creator 5, also did not recognize there is a burner. It can read the disks fine.
Any help would be great, thanx

Win XP Home
Sony CRX160E

Relevancy 52.89%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 52.89%

I just rebuilt an old system using Windows 7 Home Premium after using WinXP pro for many years. The primary hard drive is WDC 150 Mg and Win7 is installed and updated to current with SP1. I dropped a second WDC hard drive in, formatted and was going to use it for a 2nd backup unit. Both of these are sata. Both hard drives are recognized by Disk Management but when I select Computer on the start menu ONLY the primary 150 Mg drive is recognized. If I plug in an external drive, both Computer and Disk Management recognizes the external drive. How do I have Win7 recognize my backup WDC drive so I can use it.

Thank you

A:hard drive NOT recognized in computer but IS recognized in disk mgmnt.

Quote: Originally Posted by PERSIL

I just rebuilt an old system using Windows 7 Home Premium after using WinXP pro for many years. The primary hard drive is WDC 150 Mg and Win7 is installed and updated to current with SP1. I dropped a second WDC hard drive in, formatted and was going to use it for a 2nd backup unit. Both of these are sata. Both hard drives are recognized by Disk Management but when I select Computer on the start menu ONLY the primary 150 Mg drive is recognized. If I plug in an external drive, both Computer and Disk Management recognizes the external drive. How do I have Win7 recognize my backup WDC drive so I can use it.

Thank you

Had similarities on my pc.

Goto BIOS, there you have 4 options.

Primary Master
Secondary Master

Primary Slave
Secondary Slave

Set it as follows:

Primary Master -----> Main Boot HDD
Secondary Master -----> EMPTY

Primary Slave -----> CD/DVD RAM
Secondary Slave -----> Secondary backup HDD
Hpe it helps!

Gala

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/310859-hard-drive-not-recognized-computer-but-recognized-disk-mgmnt.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm running on a Dell Dimension 4600 and want to burn a couple cds. I tried downloading a bunch of different burning software, but my drive was outdated every time. I was able to burn before, about a year or so ago. I've tried older versions of various software, but no luck.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all It has been a while since I ve needed help but my run of luck has recognized/password not drive recognized Internal not hit an ugly downturn Moved my computer three weeks ago and had not plugged it all back together till last night All these years I had used it without a password to log in but a few months back a tech friend expressed horror at this so I started using one Last night no matter what I did it wouldn t Internal drive not recognized/password not recognized let me log in saying incorrect password Today as I messed around again I went through the steps of asking it to reset password even though I didn t have disc for reset and realized it does not seem to be recognizing my internal drive If one of my externals are on they come up but if I turn off externals I get a bubble that says No Drive This feature requires removable media etc My drive seems to be running and the Windows logos do appear during boot My keyboard seems to be functioning to type password but when I hit F while rebooting I get no reaction so cannot boot to safe mode just goes right back to log in page I have had mold moisture issues in this new house but have had a dehumidifier running since just a few days after computer arrived here However I do see some evidence of mold or dust in the case not a lot but some Not sure what the root of this problem is but I am trying hard not to panic Any ideas nbsp

A:Internal drive not recognized/password not recognized

Your tech. friend may have mis-understood when you need a password.
If you are at home and only you and you trusted family have access to you computer, there is no need whatsoever for a logon password.
The only time I have ever needed one is when I was using my own laptop on clients site when I was contracting and I would leave it on the desk over lunch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-drive-not-recognized-password-not-recognized.1118763/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all

My dell Latitude D610 Win XP (SP3 Ie8 etc all up to date) doesn't recognize my Firewall (Sunbelt Kerio) or my Antivirus software (Avira) & of course keeps letting me know with an icon/bubble that I haven't got them installed when they are indeed both running. So having stopped the warnings fom xp I have to click on the Antivirus software update button my self as it doesn't get updated otherwise. Before installing the above software (firewall & Antivirus) I had Comodo internet security & that would not auto update & even failed when trying to manually update which is why I tried reinstalling Comodo - with no improvement & finally went for Sunbelt & Avira.

Anyone got any ideas?

A:Software not recognized

did you use comodo's uninstall tool ? that might be your problem. i myself use and like MSE antivirus and comodo free firewall ,the play nice together.
http://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/comodo-uninstall-tool-t43749.0.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-not-recognized.968906/
Relevancy 47.73%

anyone know of any free burning software for windows vista?

A:Burning Software

What are you looking to burn? Music, movies, etc? Data? Check the Freeware apps page for burning solutions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99684/burning-software/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have used nero from version 3 on through the latest in version 6 however that is not compatible with vista. I tried nero 7 and really dislike it.
So I am wondering what you guys are using for burning software and if you like it / works without issues.
Thanks.

Relevancy 47.73%

i know there are lots of dvd/cd burning programs out there and i have tried a few of them myself but i was just wondering what you people think is the best to use.

Relevancy 47.73%

I run a networked work laptop using Windows 2000.
I originally asked for the laptop to have rewriting software installed but it came without.
i recently installed Picasa from google and this allows me to make gift CD roms of my pictures. Does this then mean that I have rewriting software somewhere in the bones of my computer or does Picasa have it's own inbuilt software to be able to do this.

If it is the latter, is there any free download software that i can access to burn CDs. It has to be spyware, adaware etc free.
I cannot compromise my work computer due to sensitive information.

Relevancy 47.73%

I want to try a different burning software than Nero or Roxio.

I have just downloaded Ashampoo Studio and everything looks to be fine.
Is there any way you can prevent it from putting 2 second gaps between Audio Cds?

Also, are there any other Burning products on the market that might be worth looking at?

Chris

Relevancy 47.73%

heys guys
i got a movie on my Pc as a AVI format
wouldi have to convert this file to play on my dvd player ?
if so could you tell me the programs i would need to do so
please make it free programs haha cuz i cba paying for any
and also could you give me a free burning software if available
thankyou !

rep me once more

A:Cd Burning Software

Quote: Originally Posted by krazymate

heys guys
i got a movie on my Pc as a AVI format
wouldi have to convert this file to play on my dvd player ?
if so could you tell me the programs i would need to do so
please make it free programs haha cuz i cba paying for any
and also could you give me a free burning software if available
thankyou !

rep me once more

You'll need to have divx compatible player to watch avi on it. For converting, this is a simple, free convertor. You can download it here

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/63787-cd-burning-software.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I could probably find a better forum non-bleeping but I hate to sign up for lots sites and already member here and plan to make good use in near future - many network questions to come I am hoping someone can answer this for me and thought this might be best appropriate within these forums I get Turbo Tax every year on ebay - legit copy and share it with a friend very cost effective I load it on my computer then give it to her to do the same Eventually we both remove the program due to size and liking quot clean quot computers but always keep the discs min years since this is how far back you can amend - we are both self-employed my question Is it possible to burn a usable copy of it so she can one have to load the program She has moved quite a distance away and not as convenient to get the disc from each other as in the past I am guessing there are securities built in to prevent this sort of thing for resale but I do not have that intent - not that my burner knows that haha So before I take the time to burn waste a disc only to find out it won t run I thought I d burning software? ask the experts thanks for your time chela

A:burning software?

Well you don't really need a disc you could upload it to a site like mediafire or hotfile and add a password to the file so only people who have the password can download it.
but nero is a good burning software http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nbl-free.php

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443243/burning-software/
Relevancy 47.73%

hey i used to burn dvds all the time, but i would like a few names of completely freeware dvd burning software that will allow me to burn to standerd dvds to play in a player, i have the rip software i just need a burn software that will do this, maby even a few tips on if their is specific order the audio TS or video TS files have to be in, or how to do it on the listed software.

A:dvd burning software

Dvdflick,DVD Flick
or this CDBurnerXP: Free CD and DVD burning software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-burning-software-591112.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey, I'm looking for some new DVD burning software. So I was just wondering what everyone here uses, likes, recommends, etc . . .

Thanks!

Relevancy 47.73%

About three days ago I burned two DVD s using Nero on my PC that runs WindowsXP Software CD/DVD Burning Everything went as normal as it usually does however the next day when I went to go burn another DVD I noticed that every time I Burning CD/DVD Software tried to start Nero it would show the loading logo but would fail to load onto the screen As I check in the Task Manager it shows that Nero Express Nero Vision etc is running in the background but it is not showing up on the screen So Burning CD/DVD Software I un-installed it and re-installed it but still the same issue So after trying for hours to solve the problem I installed an alternative application quot Burn Free quot but what I noticed was that after installation even this program would not load My PC came with a program called InterVideo WinDVD which funny enough experiences no problems when loading I don t use it because I hate it So to sum up my problems Nero will not launch it does however run in the background Burn Free will also not launch it does however run in the background I ran DirectX Diagnostics and found that there were no problems with my audio or visual drivers Likewise I restarted in safe mode and found that both Nero and Burn Free do launch normally I do not want to reformat my PC because there is just too much information on it for me to back up so I am hoping someone could help me solve the issue Thank you

A:Burning CD/DVD Software

What OS are you running?

Have you tried killing the processes and re-opening them?
Does Nero autorun when a CD is inserted?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199087/burning-cddvd-software/
Relevancy 47.73%

I use Easy CD&DVD Creator to burn DVDs. Recently, I wanted to make a DVD of a legally downloaded movie that I got in .avi format, to play on any standard DVD player. When I found that the .avi format wouldn't work, I got a couple of file conversion programs, but can't seem to get DVDs that will play.

Is there freeware or shareware software that will allow me to burn .avi or DivX files to a DVD that will then play in the standard players?

Also, if I don't go that route, what must I convert the .avi or DivX files to in order to be able to play on a standard player?

Relevancy 47.73%

I just got a new laptop PC, it has a DVD burner on it, the software installed on it is Roxi, but you have to upgrade the software to burn any DVDs.

Can anyone recommend a good DVD burning software programme that i could use?
thx...rob

Relevancy 47.73%

hi i recently got a cd-burner but with no software i had a trial with one but cant remember what it was called all i had to do was right-click and burn to cd, dead easy ;-> I also tried nero 6 but it was too complicated does any one know where i can get another simple programme as i am not too technical, i have win98se ... thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

I just bought a new 16x CD burner to replace my old 4x. Everything went fine, but it only works with the burning software that comes with it and Fireburner. It doesn't work with EZ-CD creator or Sony CD Extreme (software from old burner). This would be fine, but I'd like to use packet writing, which isn't on Fireburner or the custom one that came with the new burner. Both programs that don't work say they can't find a CD burner on the system, although they see the drive. The other two burning programs recognize it fine. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Micky

A:CD burning software

sounds like the older software needs to be upgraded to recognize the newer burner I'm afraid

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-software.59767/
Relevancy 47.73%

Can anyone recommend a good burning software? I'm looking for something that has pleny features for all kinds of burning.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

What burning software works on Vista? I tried installing my copy of Nero but it errored out part way through?

Anyone get something working yet?

I have noticed some software won't install properly so I guess it is just a matter of time before progs become compatible.

--PEN

A:CD Burning Software

None that i know of. I tried nero the nero demo and it told me it was expired.

I could not even get windows media player to burn

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/26654/cd-burning-software/
Relevancy 47.73%

does anybody know where i can download free cd burning software? every place i've found only gives you a free trial. i've been told there out there ,but i cant find them

Relevancy 47.73%

i need a software package to burn/copy cd`s dvd`s has anyone got info on freeware or retail software that is effective and reliable ty dave

A:burning dvd/cd what software

I like Nero. I think there is freeware called "deepburner".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-dvd-cd-what-software-128572.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Can anyone recommend some free C D burning software to replace my Nero v 5.5 which nero says is out dated and can t be upgraded? I want to use use it to change a Wav file into something, whatever that plays on my cd player and no i don t have an Mp3 player.
I see a bunch at various free sites( download.com / click-now.net -etc) but which to choose- thanks . .

P. S > how do i mark a thread solved once the problem has been solved ? - byee

A:C D burning software

Your Nero 5.5 may be outdated, but you should still be able to use it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-d-burning-software.453939/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all I am looking to burn a few dvd s and am currently looking for some good programs to use I watch all dvd s on a small analogue tv and for software me. dvd Best burning my pc no big plasma or hd tv s No wide screens either Quality means alot to me but my tv and pc are small so quality shouldn t really be too different no matter how I burn Im looking for easy programs to use that give good quality dvd s I only keep sound English English subtitles I delete all Best dvd burning software for me. extras and everything else so obviously the program I need has to have that ability The program does not Best dvd burning software for me. have to be click and I can use a combination of many programs aslong as they are easy to use I use verbatim dvd-r media and my dvd burner is a liteon My pc Best dvd burning software for me. is an amd athlon dual core and I have xp installed Also another question does surfing the net or watching youtube videos while burning ripping have any adverse affects on the dvd quality Can you recomend me a program to use Which one do you use Free programs would be prefered but if their are no good ones I will have to buy software Which programs do you use to give you best quality Thankyou

A:Best dvd burning software for me.

I really enjoy using WinX DVD, and it's free, and surprisingly fast. (http://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-author/trialpay.htm). I had another free program (can't remember which one) and for some reason the finished product had severe quality issues. As the movie played the audio and video became seriously out of sync. As to the question of surfing the net, or worse watching videos, that should be strictly verboten, IMHO. Your computer need every ounce of CPU processing power and every byte of RAM that you have for the task at hand. Maybe you could wipe the dust off of your Playstation and settle in for a couple of hours of gaming. Good Luck!EDIT: There is no need to quote the entire OP verbatim...TYMG

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269970/best-dvd-burning-software-for-me/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all i want to burn a VCD Not DVD and been looking to so many programs software via google but still there are a lot of it out there saying they are VCD on Burning Help Software the best bla bla bla I dont really trust what they say because when I checked Help on VCD Burning Software the review its not that good so finally i plan to ask from this forum instead hoping to get answers What are the best VCD burning program you guys ever used I want the one that can accept all types of video and convert it on its own and burn it Easy to use is a must I have tried the latest Nero but its not good at converting Mp files because when i burned them the video moves so fast as if they are fast forwarded but the voice lagg behind there goes my CD wasted And i have tried Ashampoo as well but they did not recognize mp files only mpeg i have video converter but what i want is one program to do it all drag the video to the program and all i have to do is wait til its done hoping to get your replies soon any software will do i prefer Help on VCD Burning Software the simplest and easy to use it can be free or paid but Help on VCD Burning Software if paid make sure its worth it im wasting my money for nero i still love the older version and ver its never failed to impress me and now its a crap

A:Help on VCD Burning Software

hi okay thank you will give it a try ... yea i know vcd is not very popular these days lol but the video that im burning is not that long so its kinda waste to use a dvd if the file is so small... thus vcd is my 2nd choice.. will give ur recommended software a try tho

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/253367-help-vcd-burning-software.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

I am now evaluating: ANYDVD and CloneDVD, both by Slysoft. Can anybody share their thoughts on the best DVD software out there, at a reasonable price, for backing up my DVD's. Slysoft says they update regularly, which separates them from the competition.

Thanks,
Jeff

Relevancy 47.73%

hi guys i was wondering if there was a way to burn many 175mb avi files to dvd i tried dvd flick but an error occured i don't know if it was too many episodes (11) or what happened. Any other programs i can use (tried convertxtodvd3 but can only burn 4 episodes). I am running windows xp. Thanks for the help

A:Dvd Burning Software

I use Avidemux to convert avis to mpegs - it contains options to resample the avis to the size you want, so you can choose how many you want to fit on a DVD. Then just a basic DVD authoring program to link them together and create the menus for them.

Avidemux has the advantage of begin open-source and free :D

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/161037/dvd-burning-software/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a few videos and have edited them with WML. Now I would like to burn it to a playable DVD that will work on computers and most DVD players. What do the members here recommend

Relevancy 47.73%

I want to know the best burning software not a copy software. just burning files from your computer.

A:What is the top burning software

Nero - K3B

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-top-burning-software.716683/
Relevancy 47.73%

I've got a slideshow with music that I created with Windows Movie maker that I would like to burn to DVD to play thru my DVD player on TV.

I am new to this and have learned that Movie make does not have this capability and can only save out to CD. I also have learned that the project needs to be saved out in DV-AVI format before it can be burned to DVD.

Any recommendations on software to purchase this that won't break the bank. I here "Sonic MYDVD" is a good choice for this as it is very compatible to Movie maker.

Any thoughts?

A:DVD burning software?

Use the newest version of Nero.
You can download a trial on there website.
Easy to use software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-software.791755/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi fellows,

I just need to know what is the best burning software currently present on the market?

Is it Nero, or Roxio, or what?

I've made several googles, but i got unsatisfactory results puke:

A:What is the best CD / D\/D burning software ?

I have no issues with Nero 8.

There is a program Alcohol 120% that is out there. I have never used it but its worth a shot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-best-cd-d-d-burning-software.63440/
Relevancy 47.73%

Have always used Nero 6 in past but not working correctly with my windows 7, any suggested free software for burning my GoPro videos to dvd ? Do the mp4 videos need to be converted to another file type ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dvd-burning-software-1082769.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Im looking for a really good dvd burning software. Right now i use nero but nero seems to take a really long time too burn movies (between 45min to over an hour). And if i burn with DivX, a lot of the quality is lost.

so pretty much im looking for a really good dvd burning software that is fast and keeps the quality of the movie.
thanks.

A:Looking for dvd burning software.

Since CD's contain digital information, it really matters little what software you use. If the copy is validated and contains the data, then it has the same quality as the original and can have no lower quality.

Free burning software:

Astroburn
AmoK CD/DVD Burner
CDRTools Frontend
DeepBurner and DeepBurner Portable for removable drives
FinalBurner
Infra Recorder
Burning Mill (Express or Advanced)
CDBurnerXP Pro (Works perfectly in Vista.)
DP CD/DVD Burner
Dirk Paehl's EasyBurning
Burnaware
UsefulUtils CD/DVD Burner
StarBurn
BWGBurn
SilentNight Micro CD/DVD/ISO Burner
Small CD-Writer (standalone)
BurnAtOnce
EasyISO
Terabyte ISO Burner (standalone)
ISO Recorder for XP
Burrrn audio CD creator
MP3 CD Doctor Lite audio CD burner
BurnOn CD/DVD (no spyware but free version is adware supported)
Burn4Free CD/DVD Copy
Turtle MP3 Burner
MS-DOS Burning Tools (direct download)
Zilla CD/DVD Rip N' Burn

More free burners:

http://www.wikihouse.com/writing/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-dvd-burning-software.785169/
Relevancy 47.73%

Actually I'm talking about audio basically, but of course data too. I'm fine with video software First of all, I'm looking for something that specifically gived you the option to make a WMA disc, not just an MP3 disc.Also I don't want to mess with Roxio and I'm looking for something fairly small and simple.

I have Nero but it can be buggy. Ulead Burn Now has been successful for me mostly but did some weird things recently when I tried to import an MP3 file into a WMA project it said it could not find any audio data in the file, even though it plays fine in MediaMonkey and imported fine into an audio MP3 disc project.

A:Looking for something different in burning software

Might give Audacity a try. It is free. You can download it at www.majorgeeks.com or www.download.com
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-something-different-in-burning-software.894218/
Relevancy 47.73%

I just got a new PC and new some software to burn DVD/CD's. I was looking at Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5, as I have version 5.0, but I read some bad reviews about it. Anyone have experience with it?? How does the Nero suite work, anyone use that?? I also saw some software called 1-Click-DVD-Copy which sounded pretty good, anyone know how it works?? I will mostly be burning picture CD's, video/data DVD's and music/data CD's. Any reccommendations or advice anyone has is appreciated.

Relevancy 47.73%

Ok when burning cds whats the best software to make cds with ....Like meaning best QUALITY S0unding Cds...

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi i have just installed dvdshrink, but can someone please suggest what is the best burning software to run alongside it??
Pref. Freeware

Steve

A:DVD burning software?????

What??? No-one?????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-software.204251/
Relevancy 47.73%

I want to install some CD/DVD burning software in my laptop running WinXP--which ones are good to use. Are there any free versions of Roxio, Nero, or other ones you might recommend.

I have Sonic in my laptop and Nero in my desktop.

A:cd burning software--which ones are best

There are loads of good software out there but it depends on whether you want to pay or not. I myself use DeepBurner free, the link is below if you want to try it out! It's a good bit of software and really easy to use, and seeing as it's free it really does offer a lot of functions!

http://www.download.com/DeepBurner-F...html?tag=lst-7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-software-which-ones-are-best-211031.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I just got a Dell laptop with a dvd/cd burner and tried to install my Roxio burning software and kept receiving the message about "no drive is enabled, please enable a drive". I uninstalled Roxio and tried googling a solution and found that Windows 10 came with burning software and showed how to use that one. It worked, but I just do not like it. The thing is I would like to uninstall that one and install my Roxio favorite. How do I find this one that is installed and can it be uninstalled?? It is not listed in Programs and Features for uninstalling. Why on earth would the drive be able to see that burning software but not the one I want???!!! Please, if anyone knows how to get rid of it, for the love of all that is decent, please let me know! Thank you!

A:Burning Software help

You can't uninstall it......as it is part of the OS. Next, what version of your Roxio software are you trying to install?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/67792-burning-software-help.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there again, I have Convertx2DVD and DVDFab installed on my Win 7 Pro 64 bit and both hang at the point after conversion and beginning burn.

Can anyone tell me what I need to disable in regards to Win 7 to be able to get them to work?

Other people seem able to get them to work but I don't know what they did to enable the programs to work.

A:Getting burning software to run

Have you tried to set the program default associations?

Default Programs - Set a Program's Default Associations

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/236206-getting-burning-software-run.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I was wondering if any of you knew of any good DVD Burning Software available (free if charge and free of spyware & viruses) that would be useful to make DVD projects with and to burn the onto either DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, and DVD+RW discs.

I would be very grateful if you could tell me the best programs available and which I should avoid. Thanks in advance

A:DVD Burning Software????

You might check out DVD Shrink. It's free. http://www.dvdshrink.org/
Cloner II is a good program but it will cost you. It can copy encrypted DVD's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-software.411243/
Relevancy 47.73%

I was wandering does anybody know of any good CD burning software. I have some CD's that say " CD-R 700 MB. i tried burnind some mp3's with the software i have. Everytime i burn a window pops up saying theres not enough space on the CD. Even though the CD is totally blank. I dont know if this is the problem or what,the software and all. i would appreciate any help in this matter

A:MP3 CD burning software

What software are you using?

If you are using CD-R's, once you burn something to it and end the session, you can no longer write anything more to it. It is usual to create a number of "coasters" when first learning how to run these things.

But if you'd like an excellent Nero-clone for burning that is free, try CDBurnerXP Pro:

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3-cd-burning-software.307608/
Relevancy 47.73%

Does anyone know of some burning software that can burn +r DVD's? The kind I have only burns -r, and I have some +r DVD's I want to use. My drive can do both types.

Thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

can anyone recomend a burning program that works well with xp pro. i have easy cd creator 5 and i can't get it to work worth a crap. any advice would be great.

Relevancy 47.73%

The built in CD writing utility in Windows-xp seems to have a draw back. It seems that a CD can be written to only in one session. After that, whatever the total size of the files that was written, no more can be written to it on a subsequent session; 0 free space is reported.

Is there a way to get around this feature so that more content can be added to the CD till it really is full? If not, could someone kindly tell me about commercially available CD burning software which is good, can erase content from rewritalbe CDs, but is less than $20.00?

Thanks.
Preet

Relevancy 47.73%

I want to know if anyone has used this to Rip actual DVD's Because I don't download anymore from FTP sites anymore and wish to make more quality movies without Messing up one of my drives from sites that Offer the latest

Anyway I used to use DVD X-copy by 123 Studios would this be in fact the same under a new name ?

Anyway if this one isn't any good can you recommend a good Real DVD copier Software
http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0368917

Also this one is a cheaper version http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0368916

A:Has anyone ever used this DVD burning software ?

Well no reply means im on my own thanks anyways

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/240944-has-anyone-ever-used-dvd-burning-software.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I had Easy Creater and then I deleted that and installed Nero, but it wasn't working and I uninstalled that. I tried to download Roxio Easy creator again, but it is of course an upgrade and it is looking for my old adaptic software which I don't have. So, it appears to me I am SOL, but things are always the way they seem to be. Any ideas about what to do in this case?

Thanks!

Relevancy 47.73%

Okay, I searched around here a bit and didn't find too much and Googling yielded too many to look at.

Apparently I need to get some CD/DVD burning software. With recent upgrades, my old copy of EZ-CD Creator doesn't work. Rather than trying to buy something else, is there any free ones out there? I don't do a lot, just make backup copies of purchased CDs (games and such) and copy other intall applications to CD as a backup.

I'd hate to have to copy the files across the network to my Mac to burn them, but, that's always an option I guess. Any other thoughts?

A:CD/DVD Burning Software

If you know who manufactured your CD, go to their WEB Support and see if they have a download.

You could try NERO, but I highly suggest you buy the boxed CD (NOT the download).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-dvd-burning-software-237791.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all, I'm looking to burn some old dvd's into new blank dvd+r discs and I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions about which is the best software for burning/ripping? It does not matter if I have to purchase it or get it free, however I do want something that's effective and that will not give me a lot of problems. A friend suggested DVDFAB. Any how drop me a line and please let me know. Thanks!

Relevancy 47.73%

what is the best cd burning software... im using roxio right now... thanks for your input...
sd

Relevancy 47.73%

can anyone recommend a dvd burning programme, which will put my avi films onto disk?

A:Dvd Burning Software

im gathering from all the views you dont know what i mean. well basically what i want is a programme which burns avi flies onto a dvd. like films ive downloaded etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147488/dvd-burning-software/
Relevancy 47.73%

The problem I am having is, I'm trying to figure out which DVD burning software is the best to use. We use Win 98, which might be a bit of an issue. We figure to burn a few movies with it, but mostly I'll be using it for data backups, and maybe audio CD's. I like the drag-and-drop type interface, and I need it to be good with burning CD's too. I'd like to have one, also, that does RW's without too much trouble.

I only have limited experience with burning.

Thanks.

A:Best Dvd/cd Burning Software?

I personally like Nero Express. Once you get this topic going you will find as many good answers as people repling. What are your system specs? CPU, amount of RAM, hard drive size,..?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34613/best-dvdcd-burning-software/
Relevancy 47.73%

I was using an old version of Nero and updated to Nero 8 Essentials. Found out it is a trial version.
I was upgrading because the old version, the audio did not sync with the video.

Anybody know how to get the audio to sync in Vision Express 2.0?

If not I hear bad things about Nero 9 and wonder what other programs are available.

I capture video off vhs tapes to mpg2 files and burn them on to DVD's

Also would like to have program to be able to watch TV from the tv tuner on my capture card.

Thanks for any information.

Joe

A:Burning Software

Anybody know how to get the audio to sync in Vision Express 2.0?Click to expand...

That was a common complaint/problem.

Your best bet would be to get DVD Flick (Free) and see if that suits you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-software.776403/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm running XP home ed. and need to find software to burn audio CD's that has the option to write the CD using the setting "Disc at once"
because when XP writes an audio cd it uses "Track at once" my burner (an Acer 8x4x32) doesn't like this setting for audio discs and makes bits of the cd sound demented.
Can anyone recommend a program that has the "Disc at once" option? (to download rather than buy)

Relevancy 47.73%

I'm wondering which burning software is the best to install, and not Nero. Because Nero got some major problems and when I try to install it, it will always give me the message "fatal error nero startsmart cannot run corrupted installation or invalid license" so I'm through with it. Which software is best to burn DVD with.

Relevancy 47.73%

i was wondering about burning software. im looking for something that is easy to use kinda like ezcd creator but i dont want to use that program because on my other computer that i had it on it just screwed my computer for some reason but im looking for a software that is easy to use like that program and also a good burn
so if someone can recommend a program that would be great
thanx

Relevancy 47.73%

I just switched from XP to Windows 7 and was looking for good burning software. It would have to to support 1:1 DVD copies. I have about 16 I need to copy. I used to use nero 6, but it is not compatible with Win7, and nero 9 is $80. Any advice is appreciated.

A:Best burning software for Win 7 x64

I love cdburnerxp and its free and simple.

The best one i have used.

http://cdburnerxp.se/download.php

Im not sure if that is supported in this version.

But good alternative to nero.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/best-burning-software-for-win-7-x64-448220.html
Relevancy 47.73%

can anyone reccommend a free burning download that is any good?

A:burning software

http://www.deepburner.com/?r=download

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-software.529260/
Relevancy 47.73%

Yesterday i bought myself a DVD Burner, and am wanting to create a DVD with a whole bunch of Video clips i have downloaded to be played on my DVD Player. I looked through Nero 6's facilities to make one, but i am disappointed that they dont offer Menu's for the DVD Videos. Whilst the VCD's were able to have a Menu created with screenshots, names for the links, etc. Is there any DVD burning programs out there that offer the whole interactive/menu style DVD setup?

A:DVD Burning Software

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=225022

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-software.226430/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a DVD player and a CD burner in my Dell Dimensions 2400, windows XP. But is there anyway I can get a DVD burner installed without paying for an upgrade?

You have to buy a DVD RW. But you have to have the hardware piece; it isn't just a software upgrade. Once you have the burner, it will come with the appropriate burning software.

MBN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-software.223491/
Relevancy 47.73%

A simple question... What's the best CD Burning software?
I'm having trouble with Roxio Easy CD Creator.
Cheers

Ben

Relevancy 47.73%

Does anyone know of any good FREE cd-burning software out there? My burner came with a God-awful software package, I want something simple.......Thanks y'all

Relevancy 47.73%

What do you recommend as the best CD burning software (free if possible). I used to use Feurio but my hard drive crashed and I have been unsuccessful at trying to reload/install Feurio. What does everyone think is a good burner? Thanks in advance.
feathead

Relevancy 47.73%

I got different rom drives one internal one external and I only use one to burn discs with do I need the other drives burning software? One is roxio and one is Nero now can I use one with the other like Roxio with the drive it didn't come with or are drives software compatible? Anyways thanks.

A:Burning software

Both drives will work with Nero and both will work with Roxio. Nero and Roxio both do pretty much the same thing, but there can be conflicts having both of them on the same machine.

So pick the one you like the most and uninstall the other. If you're going to be burning DVDs, I'd lean towards Nero.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-software.571523/
Relevancy 47.73%

Does anyone know where I can get some burning software that will burn across a peer to peer network. Since I have bought my burner I have upgraded to win 2k and the software that come with the burner no longer works and the new software they have to replace it does not burn across the network. My burner is a hp 8200 internal.

Most burners will warn (if capable) of burning across a network as the data stream may not be steady enough for the burner. If the data does not come fast enough, the CD will be worthless. It is advisable to copy the data to a local drive for burning.

Hope this helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-software.187526/
Relevancy 47.73%

Are there any good free CD burning programs that can burn data?

A:CD burning software

Hello dlk7107, welcome to Seven Forums!

Have a look at the SW at the link below to see if it will do what you need.

The Official ImgBurn Website

Be sure to keep us informed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/69499-cd-burning-software.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am software Burning searching for a good burning software that I could use to burn my vcds and v dvds I have been a big fan of Nero Burning software but I have a new machine and I don t have my old copy or rights anymore I tried to find a torrent but those are all bad and contain massive nasty viruses I do have a software that Burning software is free for regular cd dvd burning CDBurningXP and it gets that job done but again I wouldn t mind having a one stop shop type of software Its pretty expensive to go and buy a Nero now so that is why I m looking for other options prefer free or someone trade me But if I have to purchase please keep it low I commonly see some are Ashampoo Magic burn Nero then the list goes on but there is no way to tell what is good and what isn t Can someone give me a hand and shoot me some ideas or a program Thanks nbsp

A:Burning software

Its pretty expensive to go and buy a Nero now, so that is why I'm looking for other options, prefer free or someone trade me. But if I have to purchase please keep it low.Click to expand...

DVD flick, one of many CD/DVD burning software in techspot's downloads section.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-software.133170/
Relevancy 47.73%

I want to back up my DVD's. With XP I would use DVD Shrink and Nero 6. Will I need both of those with 7? Will I have to get the newest version of Nero for 7 or does 7 have its own burning program?

Thanks.

A:Burning software?

You could use Windows for burning now until you find the software you like to use.

I am pretty sure only the latest Nero will work with Windows 7.

Here's a freeware burning application that other users as well as myself recommend.
The Official ImgBurn Website

As for Shrink.... I'm not sure if it works on 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/75125-burning-software.html
Relevancy 47.73%

i recently purchased the Sony DRX710ULT external dvd burner for my dell dimension 8200 and i have no experience with burning dvd's so i was wondering what kind of software i will need to burn dvd's. Also i purchased some phillips DVD-R discs hopefully they will work in a normal DVD player...Are these good discs for that?
Lastly my computer has been running kind of slow lately and i want to get some more memory for my computer but i'm not sure what kind to get or if i can even add more memory..I have a dell dimension desktop 8200 (not sure if it s 400 or 533 mhz fs bus) is there any way i can figure this out.

also is it possible to burn ps2 discs....just wondering???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
thanx,
judd

A:what software do i need for burning DVD's

Hi, and welcome.There are a number of programs that will work with DVD's - Nero is commonly bundled with the burners, and is usually highly recommended. Your Phillips disks should work fine. I've never looked into burning PS2 disks.If I were going to replace memory, the first thing I'd do is check the memory chips on the computer. Many of the chips have a large sticker that tells the size and speed of the memory. If they don't, you can usually get a magnifying glass and find a number on one of the small chips that can be searched on Google.Seems as if a lot of Dells usually use PC2100, but I haven't seen all of them. However, here's a site that guarantees their memory is compatible with your computer.4allmemory siteThe site says PC800, so it must be an older Dell.Remember to use Electrostatic Discharge precautions when handling memory or anything inside your computer. Turn it off, pull the plug, and either use a wrist strap or ground yourself to the case or large metal object to remove static electricity from your body before handling the memory. Don't be walking across the livingroom carpet with memory in your hand. Keep it in the wrapper until you use it.Make sure you line the memory up with the notch in the right direction and that it's completely seated and the clips are closed.Here's a site that advises on copying Sony disks:PSXtuneIf you want to make archive copies of your own DVD's, you'll need to decrypt and shrink them. DVD Decrypter has been removed from the internet, but you may still be able to find a download site somewhere. There is also DVD43 which decrypts on the fly. DVD shrink is still available. There are legal issues about whether you can make copies even for your own use, just so you know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21316/what-software-do-i-need-for-burning-dvds/
Relevancy 47.73%

I currently use the latest version of Nero, this works fine most times, my question is; is there a better burning software?
I don't want a program that will do archive, slide shows, play DVD, make you a cup of coffee whilst it burns a CD or DVD, all I won't is something with a good solid burn engine, that will burn data and audio, that's all.
Any suggestions?

A:CD / DVD burning software

A couple of good freeware options are DeepBurner and CDBurnerXP Pro.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-burning-software.632215/
Relevancy 47.73%

Just got a plextor 12X DVD burner and was wondering what DVD burning and copying software is recomended.

A:DVD burning software

The retail-version comes with Nero 6, so that should be your first port of call.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-software.14930/
Relevancy 47.73%

I've tried some of the free versions out there and ran into performance and consistency issues. Can people suggest reliable and fast DVD burning software for making backups for tablet & smartphone playback?

Thanks!

It is not exactly clear as to what you want. Can you please elaborate what free versions you tried and also a bit more about the performance and consistency issues you found. That would perhaps make it clear.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/308672-dvd-burning-software.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Do you have any recommendations for general burning use, (back-ups, removable storage etc.) I'm not really looking for movie editing stuff.
A basic version of Nero came with my burner but I have never been happy with the supplied software with any burner I ever bought and I don't particularly like Nero anyway.

the basic version of nero (which i also got) hasnt got anything on the full version. the main opponent for Nero is Roxio's Easy CD Creator - which i used a basic version of with my first cd-rw. there are others, but generally these two will do a reasonable job. what about nero dont u like? from my use of nero it has a reasonable backup tool and does all the other jobs of making backups manually and such.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-software.310703/
Relevancy 47.73%

Best burning software?

I have Roxio 5 that came with my computer. I would like to get a more reliable software.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 47.73%

Are there any decent free dvd burning software downloads out there?
Got nero but does not seem to work, want another to try out new dvd burner.

Thanks

Fedster

DeepBurner

CDburnerXP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-software.332407/
Relevancy 47.73%

which burning software is best and easiest for windows7 thnx for any advice

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

If you want to use a third-party burner, many of us use ImgBurn: The Official ImgBurn Website

Don't forget, you also have plenty of options with Windows 7 though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/211915-burning-software.html
Relevancy 47.73%

So, my Nero 6 has finally given up the ghost with Win7. Decided to ask here since I've found you lot to be one of the most knowledgable techs on the net.

What's a good, free, optical drive burning software package? I don't need it to do all sorts of stuff like mount extra drives, or handle my media for me (HATE NERO SCOUT). Just want a simple interface that lets me drop files on it, and then it burns them to CD/DVD for me. Kinda like Nero Express.

With that in mind, is the built in burning features of Windows 7 all I would need? I found Vista burning, while easy, to be too simplistic.

Thanks for the help.

A:CD/DVD Burning software

Have a look here and you should find something useful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/4409-cd-dvd-burning-software.html
Relevancy 47.73%

... I always hate that you buy something and then you find out you have to buy some software to make the damn thing work good

Anyway,
Does anyone know of a good FREE burning software?

Ta

A:CD Burning software...

Here's a couple, there are more...

DeepBurner

CDburnerXP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-software.454846/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Guys can anybody reccomend a decent DVD burning software capable of burning Movies and Data to disks, preferably free but I don't mind paying for something decent and please do not reccomend Nero tried that on demo and hated it.

Steve

Freeware:
For Movies I find that Windows DVD Maker does it very well, thats already included in Window (do a start menu search) Windows DVD Maker - How to Use

IMGBurn is IMO the best burning software out there The Official ImgBurn Website although it doesn't do Movies (or at least not ones that will play on a DVD Player)

Payware:
Again, I would use IMGburn which is free, so doesn't really count, but for the Movies look at ConvertXtoDVD http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/ it doesnt just do AVI's although it says it does.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/97477-dvd-burning-software.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I m a musician and am producing a new record with my band I have some questions about Burners and Burning Software I ve been using some freeware called RecordNow which is easy and I Burning CD Software thought all burning programs were basically the same But now I m not so sure I just finished some mixes and did some basic mastering and I M d the results to my guitar player He burned a copy and brought it to practice He has a MAC and uses JAM software I burned one and also brought it to practice I thought I detected that my burn sounded a bit CD Burning Software thinner like some of of the lower mid range frequencies were syphoned off The high end started to sound a bit brittle Pretty subtle but detectable No one else noticed but it kept bugging me We listened to each version back and forth like a dozen times and the band insisted I was tripping I took his version home with me and did a bunch of blind tests to see if I was infact tripping but alas I was was able to make the right pick every time So I m not hearing things So the question is are all CD Burning Software burning programs created equal Are all burners aside from speed variation created equal Are there settings within typical burning software that might write the data more quot completely quot or better Is this a MAC vs PC issue Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Best burning software?

I have Roxio 5 that came with my computer. I would like to get a more reliable software.

Any suggestions?

A:Best burning software?

Nero the latest

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-burning-software.10965/
Relevancy 47.73%

Please help me find a good dvd burning software, that will let you burn dvd same quality as regular dvd's.

Thanks ]
Raffizzz

A:Best DVD burning software

Are your burned dvds comming out substantially worse than the source material?

If so, you may want to invest the time to read guides on Doom9 or VCDHelp to learn how to use free software and tweak your conversions for the best quality possible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-dvd-burning-software.70484/
Relevancy 47.73%

is there any dvd burning software that allows you to make your own menus and such? i tried nero but it gave me problems and wouldnt allow me to add some files (reasons unknown)

cheers

Where to start,where to start. Well there's Adobe Premier Elements, Roxio has offerings, Pinnacle, Arc Soft, and DVD Movie Factory, to name a few.

Nero tries to be all things to all people, but it is the worst movie editing software I've ever seen.

What Nero does have going for it, is that it can transcode almost any file format.

I don't do movie editing per se very often, but the few successes I've had have been with DVD movie factory. The GUI is something the Nero can only dream about.

The programs weakness is that it seem to be unable to shrink a file to fit a DVD. The work around for me is, edit with Movie Factory, then shrink and burn with Nero Recode. I've never used DVD Shrink, but I'm guessing this would be useful for that purpose, plus it's free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-software.135461/
Relevancy 47.73%

If I want to burn CD's by making exact copies of them (i.e. audio CD's) and I want to use the software for disk copy purposes, what is the best FREE Windows 7 compatible CD burning software out there?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi
I am looking to burn Mpegs onto DVD to work in a DVD player, does anyone know the cheapest (or free) and best software to do this?
Cheers
Ryan