Windows Support Forum

Bullbleep "Download Adobe/Skype update!" pop-up on my desktop?!

Q: Bullbleep "Download Adobe/Skype update!" pop-up on my desktop?!

So I have a problem with a fake update pop-up It's the last thing that's left from something else I do not recall exactly what it was but Mobogenie does sound familiar I wanted on update!" Adobe/Skype "Download desktop?! my pop-up Bullbleep to download a program that allowed me to Bullbleep "Download Adobe/Skype update!" pop-up on my desktop?! open a file I thought it was some sort of text file I needed for a thesis in school but it turned out to be a frikkin picture so I got nothing for my troubles and apart for letting me open the file it installed a bunch of other crap It messed with my Chrome and made their own search engine my primary I removed all of it using what little skill I have basic search CCcleaner and Norton Antivirus scan and after that everything seemed fine However I have these pesky pop-ups that tells me to download the latest updates for various programs and I can't seem to find where this program is hiding It pops up every now and then I use Skype quite a lot and it seems to pop up after I quit the program Not always though and it's a greyish pop-up in the right-hand corner of my desktop It says that there are new updates available and it's clickable I did click it once to see where it took me and I landed on a download page for a bunch of crap So no it doesn't even send me to a fake Adobe Skype page I can click the x which I have been doing for a while now I thought I would be able to find the exe but so far I've come up empty handed I am on Windows Ultimate and this pop-up does NOT appear whilst browsing it is solely doing its business on my desktop Unfortunately I don't have a print screen but if I see the pop-up later I'll add it to this topic Kind Regards

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Bullbleep "Download Adobe/Skype update!" pop-up on my desktop?!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Bullbleep "Download Adobe/Skype update!" pop-up on my desktop?!

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523961/bullbleep-download-adobeskype-update-pop-up-on-my-desktop/
Relevancy 75.68%

I run Windows Vista on an HP Adobe and them...Please re-download Skype me Help! won't let open...won't Reader laptop and have been experiencing some difficulty lately specifically with Skype and Adobe Reader Everytime I Skype and Adobe Reader won't open...won't let me re-download them...Please Help! try to open one of them I get an error message For Skype it says quot The files that Skype needs to work cannot be found quot When trying to open Adobe Reader it Skype and Adobe Reader won't open...won't let me re-download them...Please Help! says quot An internal error occurred quot It also won t allow me to re-download either of them I just get error messages whenever I try I m assuming it s a problem with my computer because it came on suddenly and I don t understand why both of those programs would so suddenly be effected My guess was that it was a virus or spyware that ate away at something but I m not sure what to do and I would appreciate any help Here is the Hijack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon ac C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil e exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http att my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderN... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-and-adobe-reader-wont-open-wont-let-me-re-download-them-please-help.926003/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi Adobe update Solved: download Flash problems-can't I run Windows and sometimes Internet Explorer other times Firefox My problem s started a few days ago and I can t remember in which order I had them First I ran CCleaner by Piriform and cleaned up extraneous files etc Solved: Adobe Flash problems-can't download update Second I began getting an Adobe Flash popup in something I don t know what but had to do with storing cookies and at that time I opted to change some settings mindlessly Now I keep getting Adobe Flash popups from time to time asking if I will allow or deny storage on my computer I keep denying them Now my two problems I am unable to get to any Adobe Flash website using -bit IE or Firefox and I am afraid to uninstall the Adobe Flash using their uninstaller which I do have for fear I ll be unable to ever download Adobe Flash I ve System Restored a few times and have no idea where I am anymore since I never learned how to create new installation points Please help I simply want to get a fresh copy of Adobe Flash which won t keep giving me popups TIA for mucking through this messed up message Iris nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, I am having teething troubles with my new laptop Acer 6930G RUNNING VISTA PREMIUM 32 BIT. I can't get windows to update nor can I download new version of ADOBE FLASH PLAYER. It has Mcafee pre installed and I have tried with that firewall disabled but still no good. The lack of Suport from Acer and Microsoft is unbelievable! This must be a common issue but I have been trying for over a week to sort it. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN. I am fairly sure it is not a virus or trojan or whatever as it was like this straight out of the box. I did receive error code 80072ee2 once when trying to update windows.

A:can't download windows update or adobe flash player

Try the suggestions on this site: http://www.updatexp.com/0x80072ee2.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-download-windows-update-or-adobe-flash-player-375371.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a weird issue with a laptop I am working on. The problem is:Going to the Windows Update website to get updates, it is just blank and it says done in the bottom left.(see picture)Facebook only loads the top header when signed in. (see picture)I go to adobe.com, click on Adobe Flash to download it and I get the page, I click download now and it just reloads the website. I used a different browser and I saved it on the desktop. When I ran it, it disappeared?I scanned with MalwareBytes already, first time it was about 160 objects infected. Second time was in safe mode and found 4 more, all adware stuff.Any ideas? I disabled all add-ons in IE, reset to default, it still does it in safe mode. I disabled a bunch of stuff from startup via msconfig.I don't know what else it could be, suggestions?

A:Windows Update, Facebook, Adobe Flash download page not loading

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/409935/windows-update-facebook-adobe-flash-download-page-not-loading/
Relevancy 61.06%

skype runs ok in my VISTA HOME BASIC 32BIT, but icon/shortcut of skype in desktop, do not seem instead shows a small null icon, well what to do to be seen ?

A:skype runs ok in my VISTA HOME BASIC 32BIT, but icon/shortcut of skype in desktop, do

Hello Ise,

You might see if creating a new shortcut for it directly from the .exe file of Skype may work instead.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/230884-skype-runs-ok-my-vista-home-basic-32bit-but-icon-shortcut-skype-desktop-do.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys,

This obnoxious behaviour is getting beyond annoying. Does anyone know how to prevent Adobe's updates from putting the icons back on the desktop? Day before yesterday or something 10.1 came out I think, so all the clueless people are calling up the support desk "halp omg there's something new on my desktop i think my pc got teh virus???", not to mention the people who "accidentally" dragged it somewhere, or hit delete on the wrong icon, etc.

Primo PDF works great for creating PDFs, but we haven't found a suitable replacement reader yet. Suggestions on this would be welcome too.

A:adobe reader update put icon on my desktop ... again

Maybe msconfig and disable Adobe at startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/125458-adobe-reader-update-put-icon-my-desktop-again.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I've experienced some problems and discomfort with skype for win - not able to show screen - terrible design - very slow response i e when I click RMB the menu shows up in works Skype 8 terribly, worse is Win desktop for Skype for several seconds and I expect to see it immideately - doesn't understand links to skype chat like skype chat amp blob blahblahblah when I click it nothing happens I've also Skype for Win 8 works terribly, Skype for desktop is worse tried skype for desktop it was even worse - when I changed online status Skype for Win 8 works terribly, Skype for desktop is worse to invisible i've also tried with N A skype stopped to receive and send messages - when this or another error occurs I try to kill skype process via task manager TM then firstly says that skype is not responding so i am trying to kill process after that TM stops responding as well So when i've tried skype for desktop i had to reboot my laptop about times in a day Now I've installed skype from Store back but I still need to go to skype chat Could anyone please help me either make skype x x work on win or enter the chat which i need Here's my system http i imgur com Fu f png Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/18920-skype-win-8-works-terribly-skype-desktop-worse.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I got some notification to update my adobe flash player that looked really genuine but unfortunately it was not because it caused by antivirus AVG free to signal a Trojan was found Virus Adobe by Player Update icons (desktop Flash disabled) Infected and was being quarantined Obviously AVG did not fix it because now my desktop icons can no longer be clicked and my right mouse button is disabled I have not restarted since becoming infected for fear that the virus would get deeper into the system The system was somewhat OK after infection so I held off coming here for help so I could keep using the laptop going for important work Now the desktop icons do not left click or right click and I am forced to restart to restore the functionality I would like some help to remove this Attached are the requested initial logs Attach txt and DDS txt from the DDS com program Remember my desktop seems to be disabled so begin your instructions from there i e do I need to reboot and into what mode Thanks

A:Infected by Adobe Flash Player Update Virus (desktop icons disabled)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/491918 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491918/infected-by-adobe-flash-player-update-virus-desktop-icons-disabled/
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently did an unusually long Windows update that took about an hour in total, and once my computer was running again, Windows gadgets said "Windows Desktop Gadgets has stopped working" and then I tried to open Skype which also said "Skype has stopped working". I tried updating Java, a second Windows update, uninstalling and reinstalling Skype, advanced uninstalling Skype and reinstalling, but nothing I'm doing seems to be having any effect. I'm completely out of ideas, and was hoping someone could help me to solve this?

A:After Windows update Skype and Windows Desktop Gadgets no longer run.

Bump. This is at 100 views with no one offering any advice. I'm really stuck here, I've exhausted everything that I know how to do to fix faulty computers. I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/283573-after-windows-update-skype-windows-desktop-gadgets-no-longer-run.html
Relevancy 57.62%

DDS Ver - recovery Windows bullbleep. - - NTFSx Run by Iggy at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchC Windows recovery bullbleep. WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcssC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acevents exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Windows recovery bullbleep. WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files ActivIdentity ac sharedstore exeC WINDOWS Windows recovery bullbleep. System SCardSvr exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Program Files IObit IObit Security IS srv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exeC Program Files IObit IObit Security IS tray exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acevents exeC Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient accrdsub exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exeC Program Files IObit IObit Security is exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Wireless Network Monitor WLService exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G Wireless Network Monitor WMP GS exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterH Defogger exeH dds scrC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page https mypay dfas mil mypay aspxuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Conduit Engine f b -b - - b- fba bd d - c program files conduitengine prxConduitEngine dllBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla DLASHX W DLLBHO XfireXO Toolbar e ab - f - cd- -c d caaccea - c program files xfirexo prxtbXfi dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllBHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllTB XfireXO Toolbar e ab - f - cd- -c d caaccea - c program files xfirexo prxtbXfi dllTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dlluRun Advanced SystemCare quot c program files iobit advanced systemcare AWC exe quot startupuRun ISUSPM quot c program files common files installshield updateservice ISUSPM exe quot -scheduleruRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun DW quot c program files the weather channel fw desktop DesktopWeather exe quot mRun IObit Security quot c program files iobit iobit security IS tray exe quot autostartmRun ATIPTA quot c program files ati technologies ati control panel atiptaxx exe quot mRun StartCCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exe quot MSRunmRun PWRISOVM EXE c program files poweriso PWRISOVM EXEmRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exemRun DLA c windows system dla DLACTRLW EXEmRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Re... Read more

A:Windows recovery bullbleep.

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394468/windows-recovery-bullbleep/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have always used Skype for Desktop and only recently found that there is a Skype Modern App on my system.
From what I have read it would seem the best plan would be to ditch the App and just continue with the desktop version.
Have there been any recent changes that would make the the Modern App a better solution than the Desktop version?

A:Skype for Desktop vs Skype Modern App

They have updated it recently so it doesn't continue to ring even when you have answered the desktop version which is why I uninstalled it in the first place. This means in theory you could install both and answer whichever you felt like at the time.

I prefer the look of the desktop version personally so I never re-installed the Modern App version.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48219-skype-desktop-vs-skype-modern-app.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello All I am having problems with FireFox browser crashing only happens when I try to watch or download video browser freezes Skype no longer works Adobe crashes for example Youtube freezes No error message just FF says not responding on youtube says adobe flash has crashed Thought it was Flash or Shockwave Flash reinstalled both used uninstaller Using Windows bit new computer Hp G - WM Everything was working ok for a couple of months until several days ago Leading me to believe it was some kind of Microsoft update did a restore worked for a couple days then crashes tried system restore again tried several points restore does not help Uninstalled Skype browser still crashes Called HP had no clue recommended a complete windows uninstall install So something is causing Flash Skype FF to crash Can it be windows I read in a previous post that someone had the same problem with IE crashing Google search says it could be a sound card problem don t think I have that card Also seems to be a common problem Does anyone have any ideas don t want to do the uninstall If any can help it would really be appreciated Thanks nbsp >Firefox Adobe crash? >skype Flash

Relevancy 52.89%

hi there,

I am facing problem for downloading skype on my laptop, it say's that skypesetup.exe is not a valid WIN32 application.

hope you can help me for this!

appreciated

A:can't download skype

Can you go to Free Skype calls and cheap calls to phones - Skype and download Skype again and try to install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-download-skype-604393.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I tried to download skype continously says <installing skype failed, code 1603 A fatal error occured during installation> please help. Thanks!

Relevancy 52.89%

tried to download skype keep getting message c:\documents&settings\user\localsettings\temporary internet files\ie5\szukq65m\skype[1].exe. not a valid win 32 application. this comes up after i hit the run button can anybody help cheers

A:skype download

First, try clearing out all of your cookies, history and temp. files
What version of Windows are you using?
Which browser do you use and what version is it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/254279/skype-download/
Relevancy 52.89%

My sister has a Dell Inspiron 531 with Vista Home Premium. McAfee is her anti-virus. When downloading Skype she gets to the Save as and Save and then seems to go get into a repeat sequence of saving but no completion of download. I found a web site where a version of McAfee wold allow certain programs to download and Skype was among them. My sister's version of McAfee does not seem to offer this option. Has anyone experience which might offer a solution to this problem. Point by point would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Skype download

This may sound simplistic but ...
Disable McAfee, d/l and install Skype, then re-enable McAfee.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/250955-skype-download.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i have downloaded windows 10 through windows insider and i from then my skype is not working

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435994-why-my-skype-not-getting-download.html
Relevancy 52.46%

so is there any differenced between thses two and I nedd both of them?

A:Do I need both Skype app and Skype for desktop?

Unless you are on an RT tablet I would just use the desktop version, from the reviews the app is not very good, perhaps after some future updates it will be better.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/16445-do-i-need-both-skype-app-skype-desktop.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I don't understand what are the benefits of using UWP vs desktop apps (like Viber and Skype) and having two versions installed on my PC seems a bit strange.

A:Should I use Skype UWP or Skype Desktop app on my PC?

The future is the UWP app. It will be replacing the desktop app. Benefits are notification integration and security.
I would go with the new app. It appears to work well here as a preview, and only expect it to get better.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435964-should-i-use-skype-uwp-skype-desktop-app-my-pc.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Just bought HP Windows 7x64 and cannot download Skype 4.1. Error message says "SkypeSetup.exe is not a valid Win32 application." Has anyone run into this problem and gotten it fixed so you can download Skype? If so, how did you do it? Thanks so much for your quickfix!!

A:Skype download problem

Hi wwarren777, Welcome to SF,

I guess it's a bad download. Try to download from Download Skype 4.1.0.179 - FileHippo.com

Hope that helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/48818-skype-download-problem.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My sister tried to download Skype but at a certain point the information bar blocked the process. Clicking on the information bar does not offer "Download file". Instead more information is offered but does not solve the problem. Does anyone have information on how to proceed. She has Vista Home Premium and McAfee anti-virus. I looked at a site where McAfee had a choice to allow Skype download among other programs but my sister's McAfee does not seemto offer that choice. Any suggestions would be appreciated. GordonHS

A:Unable to download Skype

Originally Posted by GordonHS

My sister tried to download Skype but at a certain point the information bar blocked the process. Clicking on the information bar does not offer "Download file". Instead more information is offered but does not solve the problem. Does anyone have information on how to proceed. She has Vista Home Premium and McAfee anti-virus. I looked at a site where McAfee had a choice to allow Skype download among other programs but my sister's McAfee does not seemto offer that choice. Any suggestions would be appreciated. GordonHS

It may be Mcafee that is blocking the download. You may have to disable the AV to downlad it. I wouldn't

Skype can be found here Skype 4.1 for Windows - Download the latest version of Skype and get free computer calls

try this link with Mcaffee running

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/software/248855-unable-download-skype.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I always used skype 4.2 version and loved it. Then my skype updated to skype 7 and its horrible. The whole layout is horrible etc. Does anyone know where i can download old skype version, skype 4.2? I dont find it anymore in oldapps etc.

A:Where to download old version of Skype?

hi can get it from here. but i never downloaded anything from them. watch to make sure there nothing tagging along with it. Download Skype 4.2.0.187 for Windows - OldVersion.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/368479-where-download-old-version-skype.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I was trying to log in to Skype today, and instead of getting my contacts list after logging in, I was greeted with this strange prompt. I remember it happening before, when I last logged on to this computer(two years ago) and attempted to install Notepad++. I chose my install path, selected the options I wanted, and I was greeted with a similar window. In other words, this has happened before.
How do I get Skype to work again? If there's any vital details I glossed over, please tell me. Thank you, and I apologize for the short post.

A:Why is my computer trying to download things when I run Skype?

It might be related to Internet Explorer and/or html file association.
You can read 'File Download' Pop Up asking me to download 'chat... for further info.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598714/why-is-my-computer-trying-to-download-things-when-i-run-skype/
Relevancy 51.6%

I can not download any program to my Del Netbook. Every time I try, I get a retry or cancel message. How can I correct this. I am so not good at this, I wouldn't know exactly what to tell you to make this easier.

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a new Lenova netbook s10-3t. It uses windows 7 pro, start up pack 1... I tried to download skype and was unable to complete the set up... When I try to get RUN to work it stops and says try later, download unable to complete..

I also tried to update the Adobe flash 10. to the new 11. and it wont download.. .I don't know what settings to change to allow the downloads to work.. At present i don't have anit virus software downloaded...

what do I do?

A:unable to Download flash and skype

What errors are you getting when you download Adobe Flash? Are you downloading from here:

Adobe - Install a different version of Adobe Flash Player

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-download-flash-and-skype-608273.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I haven't been on my computer much at all lately but am today and today as I was getting ready to shut my computer down I noticed a highlighted entry in my 'start' list It was skype and I have never downloaded skype have never downloaded it and have never used it I right clicked on the skype entry in the 'start' list and looked at the 'properties' Under the 'general' tab it said that skype had been downloaded on March Again I did not download skype and neither did the hubster I deleted the program but am thinking that I probably should have come here first with this Hopefully my deletion not Skype suddenly it did appears...I download of the program won't hinder things My question is how Skype suddenly appears...I did not download it did skype get onto my computer Is this some kind of virus I have downloaded nothing lately except for microsoft updates Is microsoft sending out skype I am running Windows Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Skype suddenly appears...I did not download it

Download Minitoolbox - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/
Start the application.Set ticks everywhere.Click GO button.After scan is done a log will appear.Save and attach it here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527124/skype-suddenly-appearsi-did-not-download-it/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I am unsure if this is window problem or not but I have windows so why not Now my issue is that I can t download files I tried google images--they work but I can t download skype nor when I went to Skype help could I actually download their help I have tried all browsers I previously had downloaded Chrome my main one Firefox and if Skype download - for Failed Cannot Windows emergency I Failed - Cannot download Skype for Windows have Internet explorer--i am not sure on the version though So going back to main point I have been looking countless hours trying to not have the anti-virus firewall microsoft essential on to see if it was blocked but didn t seem like it I have also previously before those--done a clean boot and that did nothing as well I feel like this issue occured after the upgrades but I can t confirm and everything I keep seeing just doesn t seem right or the solution didn t seem helpful for my case I guess maybe additional info required to know would be I have a Dell laptop its a little smaller then most i ve seen Looking on Systems I see its specifically a Window Ultimate so I am not sure if any of that will help but hopefully it does nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone,

Just need to know if whether or not it is normal for Windows Update to include an update for skype among the list of updates.

I've already hidden this skype update as I had planned to uninstall skype for so long but kept forgetting to do it.

Any comments and ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all and God Bless,

A:skype update listed in Windows Update

Ye - it's normal, since MS bought Skype a few months ago, it's now part of the Microsoft Update family, along with Office and MSE

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/250540-skype-update-listed-windows-update.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I posted this on a different section and they directed me here I bought now properly open... Mozilla won't Yahoo/Skype download won't a new computer back in May a Mozilla won't open... now Yahoo/Skype won't download properly Dell Inspiron laptop After a few months my Mozilla firefox stopped connecting to the internet I didn't pay much attention cuz I was busy with homework and instead went with Internet Explorer to do my coursework This was around September or so Now my computer is doing funny things like being unable to connect to certain things like Yahoo messenger or Skype Sometimes it won't even let me download these files offline So yea no Mozilla at all Yahoo Skype problems Here's my logs from dds Here's hoping someone can help me out with this to determine if it is a virus malware or not All I know is that the mozilla firefox crapped out on me after I downloaded an update for it back in September and it never came back on for me DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by Ryan at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral cbec a d cf STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral cbec a d cf AESTSr exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Windows system dleacoms exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files x McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files x Blaze Media Pro NMSAccess exe C Windows system DRIVERS o flash exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components scheduler STService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Toaster exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe C Program Files x Roxio... Read more

A:Mozilla won't open... now Yahoo/Skype won't download properly

The thing that concerns me is this entry in your error logs

1/7/2011 5:29:37 PM, Error: Ntfs [55] - The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume OS.

Your had drive may be going bad. Espically if its a new computer.

What actually happens when you try using Firefox?

Go to Start ---> Type cmd ---> Right-click on cmd and run as administrator. In the command prompt, type chkdsk /r C: and you will need to reboot to fix any errors. Let me know how that goes.

However the volume shouldn't get corrupted so soon. I would prepare to get a new drive for the computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/mozilla-wont-open-now-yahoo-skype-wont-download-properly-543509.html
Relevancy 49.45%

so i downloaded skype 2 days ago. i installed it but when i try to start it it just says:serious error during installation,and closes.i try to uninstall it for re-install byt then it says:installer has insufficient privileges to modify file c/program file/skype/desktop.ini.i go to that location and it has no desktop.ini named file.i try to start it again it says something like path doesnt exist. help? i am administrator on computer i have vista.suggestions,question etc. is mostly welcome here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-and-desktop-ini.897085/
Relevancy 49.02%

So simply put, I cannot use skype for desktop. The app version that is preinstalled, I can't use because it drives me insane so uninstalled it, however, it IS STILL blocking skype for desktop from working. I've attached a screeenshot to show you what I mean.

Is there a way to get rid of the app version of skype since clearly uninstalling it did nothing.

Just to provide a bit more info, no, I am NOT already signed in on my pc.

EDIT: More info, once it "breaks" it starts a skype process which I cannot kill until reboot.

A:W8 app blocks SKYPE FOR DESKTOP

Sign in to Skype on any other computer or smartphone, open chat with anybody and send:

Code:
/remotelogout

That should log you out from all sessions except for the current one.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/26019-w8-app-blocks-skype-desktop.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Previously worked on http forums techguy org virus-other-malware-removal -what-going-here html post was looking good it was running faster almost back to normal next day it s all back again I do not know what I did wrong going to take it much slower this time not that i didn t do it wright the first time Issues Firefox loads web pages non stop I use Noscript and grease monkey to assist my we-todd-nest from doing something stupid All programs take forever to open Steam Yahoo messenger and Skype do not always connect to internet if at all SUPERantiSpyware remover currently not load Skype to persist, not issues pages download slugish, programs continue Web log detecting errors but will post current result after it finishes scanning This step took over hours last time and it s been running for hr min as of NYC time Downloads are slugish sometimes i have to pause and restart because the load rate goes to zero and stays that way till i mess with it I m a user of avg comp skills I understand computers and basic programing like VB and Excel I m good at following directions just bad at English I cannot thank you all enuf for your help These are the reports I got from all the steps taken Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NWQAA Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C ProgramData DatacardService DCSHelper exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Matthew Tunistra Downloads SysInfo exe C Users Matthew Tunistra Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com ilc R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Web pages continue to load programs slugish, download issues persist, Skype not log Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com ilc R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com ilc R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files x Orbitdownloader orbitcth dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO GoodShop - A A F -E F - -A -A EF CD F - C Program Files x GoodShop Basement Extension dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Grab Pro - C BBCD - AD- AD- - C EACC - C Program F... Read more

A:Web pages continue to load programs slugish, download issues persist, Skype not log

you never replied to the previous topic
continue there
this is closed
If you want help, then respond to the helper & stick in teh same topic until it is fixed, not keep starting new topics

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-pages-continue-to-load-programs-slugish-download-issues-persist-skype-not-log.1075178/
Relevancy 48.59%

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just found out that a new update for Skype is released.
Version is 7.17.0.104 if anyone is interested.

A:New update for SKYPE

Download the full offline installer here:
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33907-new-update-skype.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Unable to install the latest Skype, I installed version 4. That works well. But when I try to update it, I get the following exciting message -

"The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file: C:\programdata\skype\apps\login\
languages\ca.js "
End quote

Has anyone a fix for this. The laptop is a friends and it is running Vista Home Premium.

A:Cannot update Skype

Hello ripsnort and welcome to the forums

Try this:

Command Prompt

Open your start menu and in the search box, type Command PromptWhen you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administratorWhen command prompt opens, copy and paste the following commands into it, press enter after each

takeown /f C:\programdata\skype\apps\login\languages\ca.js

icacls C:\programdata\skype\apps\login\languages\ca.js /grant Administrators:F

Now try installing Skype.

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/software/296840-cannot-update-skype.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Official release. Version: 2.5.0.151. Release date: October 18, 2006
File name: SkypeSetup.exe File size: 12.2 MB

http://www.skype.com/download/skype/windows/helloagain.html

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061020-8040.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-update.511237/
Relevancy 48.59%

i can not update skype.i am ru8nning on skype 5.3 and every time i want to update a fatal error accures. error1603. further to this i can not access skype video calls

A:skype update

Hi and welcome to TSF

Skype does have its own forum. They may be able to help you better.

English - Skype Support Network

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/skype-update-674367.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I updated SKYPE and now it won't recognize my log in.
I ran
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org
Update, 2/22/2016 7:48 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, Rootkit Database, 2016.2.8.1, 2016.2.17.1,
Update, 2/22/2016 7:48 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, Remediation Database, 2016.2.12.1, 2016.2.20.1,
Update, 2/22/2016 7:48 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, IP Database, 2016.2.8.1, 2016.2.21.1,
Update, 2/22/2016 7:48 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, Domain Database, 2016.2.16.2, 2016.2.21.2,
Update, 2/22/2016 7:48 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, Malware Database, 2016.2.16.3, 2016.2.22.2,

Scan, 2/22/2016 8:05 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, Start:2/22/2016 7:48 AM, Duration:16 min 51 sec, Threat Scan, Completed, 0 Malware Detections, 0 Non-Malware Detections,

and
IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 3.4.0.9
Database Version: 1490
Scan Mode:Manual
Time Elapsed: 00:52:24
Objects Scanned: 98885
Threats Found: 0
Save Time: 2/22/2016 10:57:54 AM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Runn
(end)

Relevancy 48.16%

Today Skype opened itself and updated itself whilst I was AFK.

I have it set to manual update only, plus at the time Skype wasn't even running.

Additionally the SkypeUpdate service in Task Manager is also stopped.

This also happened in my partner's Win 7 machine, and looking at the Skype forum, to several other people too.

My question is how did it manage to do this and how can I prevent it happening again in the future?

BTW, this is the desktop version on Win8, not the app version.

A:Skype forced update?

Hi and welcome.

Do you have Windows updates set to install automatically.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/75256-skype-forced-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone. Recently I tired to update Skype and failed to do so as I got error 1603 and it said it failed to remove the older version of Skype. After receiving this error multiple times, I decided to try to manually uninstall Skype and then reinstall the latest version. However when trying to do so, I received this error message: 

"The installed product does not match the installation source(s). Until a matching source is provided or the installed product and source are synchronized, this action can not be performed."

I have never encountered this error before upon trying to uninstall something so I really have no idea what to do. If anyone can offer assistance with this I would greatly appreciate it!

Relevancy 48.16%

Damnist thing, trying to install an update to Skype, but it won't install amd keeps telling me that I need to give it administration permission. But I am the administrator, also I saved the dl'd update and gave it admin rights, but that didn't help. And when looking for the pathway in the alert, there was no Start Menu under Windows??? Maybe you can help.

A:Why won't Skype update take effect?

flycaster, try this MS Fix
Source

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/288099-why-wont-skype-update-take-effect.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I use Skype you can get from Skype.com; it's not Skype Preview that comes with Windows 10. That's junk, in my not so humble opinion.

I attempted to upgrade Skype from version 7.25.0.103, but got so far and was told "The specified account already exists." Next, I was told the upgrade failed. I tried at least four times, rebooted system, etc., but nothing worked.

I had nothing to lose, so I then uninstalled Skype and reinstalled it. Once that was done, I looked and was up to version 7.25.0.104, but I knew 7.25.0.106 was out there waiting for me. So, I checked for updates, was told there were updates to be had, so, with a very reluctant mouse, I clicked and . . .

Whew, I am now up to version 7.25.0.106!

Has this happened to anyone else, or is it something I alone have experienced?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/55821-skype-wouldnt-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello
I am getting a notice from Windows that there is an update for this program.
When I click on it it will not install.
When I go to the program it will not install either. I encloaed two attachments showing the error messages I get. I do not know what they mean or how to fix the issue.
Thank you for your help.

A:Skype will not update for Windows or itself

Hi seven2,

Please try the resolution here by Tamim:
Cannot update -- error code 1603 - Skype Support Network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/254921-skype-will-not-update-windows-itself.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My nest cam windows have "Get Adobe Flash Player" right in the center. I have updated the flash player repeatedly and still the annoying reminder reappears. This occurs on the Chrome browser, but not the Safari browser. Maybe it's time for browser writers to abandon Adobe Flash Player and do it the way Safari does it.

A:Fake Adobe Flash update and Chrome update

Hello,
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.

It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/fake-adobe-flash-update-and-chrome-update.64149/
Relevancy 47.73%

Keep getting pop ups for Adobe Flash update and for Chrome(mostly Adobe Flash). I will be browsing the web and bammm! it pops up again and again. Tried searching the web on how to remove it and must of done a gazillion things and still a no go. I have run out of answers and I hope you will be able to help. Thanks....

A:Fake Adobe Flash update and Chrome update

Helllo,

Before we begin, please note the following:

I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
Instructions that I give are for your system only!
Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.

Scan with ZOEK

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop (preferred version is the *.exe one)
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.
Right-click on icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
Wait patiently until the main console will appear, it may take a minute or two.
In the main box please paste in the following script:

Code:

createsrpoint;
autoclean;
emptyalltemp;
ipconfig /flushdns;b
Make sure that Scan All Users option is checked.
Push Run Script and wait patiently. The scan may take a couple of minutes.
When the scan completes, a zoek-results logfile should open in notepad.
If a reboot is needed, it will be opened after it. You may also find it at your main drive (usually C:\ drive)

Post its content into your next reply.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/fake-adobe-flash-update-and-chrome-update.38762/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Toshiba Satellite with Windows I don t know what bit I have but when I went into the settings to fix that it only offered and When I uninstalled the my old adobe flash player it said I Help with Adobe download had a bit and said to us the uninstaller for bit I have fixed all the things it has suggested but I don t know what I m lookin for because I only can get to downloaded then it says Error Unknown Error So i don t know what is wrong I only have trend micro anti-virus from Armstrong I messed with those seeting so I thought it would let download it I took off the settings so that it would allow me to download stuff from the internet Help with Adobe download regardless of viruses so I have no clue what is left to do other than contact their number PLEASE HELP I am without a flash player now and I need it back ASAP I m desperate and can t find any help nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I have keys from my employers HUP but I dont have discs any my old lap top hd is totally fried. I tried the technolux procedure but keep getting an error. I even tried actually using my own credentials from adobe.com with no success.

A:Where to download Adobe CS3, CS4, and CS5

You will have to get the installation media from your Employers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527149/where-to-download-adobe-cs3-cs4-and-cs5/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am using windows 7 and cannot download adobe reader and flash,when i try to download this is what i see-- file type unknown--description---windows does not reconize this type of file--need help with this.

A:adobe download

cannot download adobe reader win 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-download.937661/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to download adobe 10 in Vista and can't install. I also tried installing adobe debugger. This didn't work either

A:Adobe 10 Download

How are you trying to install it? I suggest when you down load it save it to a file in my documents named downloaded programs, or make a file on your desk top for it. Then after the download has completed, disconnect from the internet, disable your firewall and antivirus then open the file and install (run) the file from there. When this has finished, restart the firewall and antivirus...
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-10-download.982819/
Relevancy 47.73%

Dll file won't run for any download..trying to upgrade adobe flash player upgrade.
Unable to download anything. When I do I get I don't access to the file in the C: drive.

A:Adobe 10.0 download for xp

Now I'm getting errors on anything to clean up dll files, active X, etc.
Says I don't have permissions to download and can't find dll file.
Oh boy..any help would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-10-0-download-for-xp.795491/
Relevancy 47.73%

Adobe Reader 7.0.8 does not work and I cannot uninstall it from Control Panel: It says "This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package."
Then I tried to download Adobe Reader 8 and got: "Error 1714. The older version of Adobe Reader 8 [!] cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group." Under "Click here for support information" there is a page full of information I cannot understand.
I have IE 7, Windows XP, SP 2, 1.02 GHz, 60 GB, 256 RAM.

A:Adobe download

You might have to try this from Adobe Support.
Manually remove Adobe Reader

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-download.575524/
Relevancy 47.73%

http www adobe com support security bulletins apsb - htmlAffected software versions Adobe Flash Player and earlier versions for Windows Macintosh Linux and Solaris operating systems Adobe Flash Player and earlier versions for Android Adobe AIR and earlier versions for Windows Macintosh and AndroidTo verify the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your system access the About Flash Player page or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select quot About Player/ update Flash Player Security Shockwave for Adobe available Adobe Adobe or Security update available for Adobe Flash Player/ Adobe Shockwave Player Macromedia Flash Player quot from the menu If you use multiple browsers perform the check for each browser you have installed on your system To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player for Android go to Settings gt Applications gt Manage Applications gt Adobe Flash Player x SolutionAdobe recommends all users of Adobe Flash Player and earlier versions for Windows Macintosh Linux and Solaris upgrade to the newest version by downloading it from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center Windows users and users of Adobe Flash Player or later for Macintosh can install the update via the auto-update mechanism within the product when prompted http www adobe com support security bulletins apsb - htmlAffected software versionsShockwave Player and earlier versions for Windows and MacintoshSolutionAdobe recommends users of Adobe Shockwave Player and earlier versions upgrade to the newest version available here http get adobe com shockwave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413860/security-update-available-for-adobe-flash-player-adobe-shockwave-player/
Relevancy 47.73%

skype keeps telling me to update/upgrade but when I click on it I get an fail error: 1603

Then I went into administrative account and it downloaded but can't install, I get an error message and then the fail error 1603 again.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thank you.

A:[SOLVED] skype won't update - errors

Hi try the info here Re: Updateing Error? - Skype Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-skype-wont-update-errors-756233.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Starting a new thread. Prior one's subject is "Error 1663".
This time lets talk, specifically, about the Windows Installer for Windows 7.
Is the installer a stand alone program?
Can it be deleted? How?
Where can I find a replacement?
Bill

A:Windows Installer 5 - trying to update to Skype 5.1 from 5.0

Hi Blockie:

It's built into Windows. If you need to repair it use SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker or run a Repair Install

Sometimes changing your AV to MSE or Avast5 with the Win7 firewall relieves these issues.

Study your logs and do basic troubleshooting: Computer lags every couple seconds

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/146072-windows-installer-5-trying-update-skype-5-1-5-0-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

After the update of the anniversary edition in my 950XL I started to work with the new Skype, but is too buggy, I cannot make calls or receive, takes to much time to connect some times, is someone having the same issues?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436106-new-skype-very-buggy-after-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Trojan masquerades as Skype updateBy Joris EversStaff Writer, CNET News.comPublished: October 17, 2005, 5:01 PM PDT Cybercriminals are spreading a malicious Trojan horse under the guise of an update to Skype, e-mail security firm MessageLabs said Monday. The Trojan horse, a variant of IRCbot, arrives in an e-mail purporting to be an update to Skype, the popular Internet telephony application. Once opened the malicious software displays a phony installation error message. It then blocks access to security updates and installs a back door on computers, MessageLabs said in a statement.news.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33021/trojan-masquerades-as-skype-update/
Relevancy 47.73%

On September windows did an update and I had not rebooted since then until Skype Windows Update uninstalled 7 hours ago When I did I found that Skype was uninstalled When checked system restore it showed Skype set to be restored if went and did the restore point created by that update What I'd like to know is where the heck does Microsoft get the idea that they can dictate what software we run on our computers This is NOT the first time that a windows update has uninstalled another program but it is the last straw that makes me write this Skype is my MAIN link Windows 7 Update uninstalled Skype to family members some of which are in bad health so to have MS go and have their update uninstall it in my opinion is down right intrusive MS needs to stop trying to run a computer dictatorship and let people have Windows 7 Update uninstalled Skype whatever programs they want on their computers I am unsure if I want to let the update go next time as I have no idea what will get removed

A:Windows 7 Update uninstalled Skype

Well; Im not so sure that windows update necessairily uninstalled skype. It could be something else that did that. Have you checked the list of programs installed on your system to see if there still is any signs of it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346208-windows-7-update-uninstalled-skype.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My It guru just reinstalled Skype for me, and is now somewhere far away.
I just realized that this fragment from Skype's dropdown for Tools is now stuck firmly on my desktop, and it overrides everything - or perhaps I mean it stays on top of everything I open.
Does anyone have any understanding of this, please ? - and can you advise me how to get it off the desktop ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-segment-from-skype-stuck-on-win7-desktop.1134064/
Relevancy 47.73%

For the past week my desktop icons (only those that are viewed from the desktop and not from within Explorer) are showing up with a Skype logo over top of the correct icon associated with the file (pdf, mp3, txt, and folders) but not exe files, shortcuts,
Recycle Bin, Computer, or Network.  Oddly enough I just realized that some of the icons for folders on the desktop are correct and some are with the Skype icon and 2 mp4 files are not overwritten...weird!

Of course, I've uninstalled Skype, replaced the shell32.dll with the one from the Windows 7 CD, deleted the IconCache.db file after editing the registry to increase the max icon cache to 2048. I've run Norton AV and MalwareBytes scans with nothing found
(rebooting after each previous step, btw).  I've wasted several days on this to no avail...can anyone help me?! TIA!!
Rod

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/051cb4bc-e373-43a7-a7c5-e995688b9e67/desktop-files-icons-overwritten-with-skype-icon?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 47.3%

64 bit OS
Internet Explorer version 8.0 32 bit

My computer popped up a message that the adobe flash player was not working correctly. I was instructed to uninstall flash with the uninstall program which I did. I rebooted. Then attempted to install latest Adobe flash player version from adobe website. Every time I connect to adobe website to download flash player the page freezes before completely loading and my whole browser is frozen. Have to use task mgr to shut it down. I finally went to another website to download the flash player and now am running version 10.0.32.18 and air 1.5.2, but my computer still is giving me the problem with adobe flash message and it takes me to the adobe web page to address it and it still freezes. Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-freezing-at-adobe-download-417423.html
Relevancy 47.3%

When I try to download adobe reader I keep getting an error message saying: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.
Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Program control panel.

Well I have no ideal what that means can someone please help me?

Windows 7
Acer Aspire

A:Can not download adobe reader

Hi and welcome to 7F. Are you able to download Adobe but can't run it or can't you even download it. Have a look at this tutorial in case it helps

Manage - Fix "File does not have a program associated"

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/354868-can-not-download-adobe-reader.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have downloaded(or so it appeared) the newest version of Adobe flash player. However,there are no "MB" beside its file when I look at it in the "uninstall/change programs" of my computer. Do I need to uninstall the old version before the new one can take its place or what am I doing wrong or need to do for my computer to run this program when needed on these websites telling me still that I need to update to the new version? Thank you in advance for any help!

A:Adobe Download trouble

Did you install the software? No need to uninstall the old version, it will simply get updated. About that "MB" case, I guess you mean no file size? Seems like you checked that through "add/remove" programs(Are you on windows?), if that is, even my flash also not showing the file size(There are some software like that). Anyway if sites still asks you to update, then the update was unsuccessful. Try downloading and installing that again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-download-trouble.993894/
Relevancy 47.3%

This was downloaded to my machine from this site yesterday, however there is no activation code and cannot find serial no or licence no. I am bit stuck! Last minute job requires I convert Quark Xpress to pdf for printing. Is it possible to supply these?

A:Download of Adobe Acrobat 8

Go back to the download page and find the publisher's description. The serial number is at the top of the description, one for Windows and one for Mac

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/download-of-adobe-acrobat-8.213108/
Relevancy 47.3%

I know this thread has been asked many times and I have read every other thread in the internet about adobe flash downloading, and it's still not working. I went to their website and tried uninstalling, then I went to alternative websites that have the exe download, but it failed. I even checked my internet security and made sure it was prompt for the active x control. So why isn't the download working? Is it some virus problem? If so, I downloaded a anti-virus program but no luck. Please, help me.

A:Cannot download Adobe flash!

Hello pennebaker

If you have had a few failed installs try using the uninstaller first to get rid of it all.

Uninstall
http://www.softwarepatch.com/softwar...r-program.html

Reinstall
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash

If it still does not work try this standalone player

http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-download-adobe-flash-433561.html
Relevancy 47.3%

When i try to download ab internet file to adobe i get a box that says "couldn't open because not supported file type or file has been damaged or corrupted or was not correctly decoded".

I've tried everything any suggestions?

A:Can't download file to Adobe

What file are you trying to download andwhere are you trying to download it from? Please state the file extension.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/394359-cant-download-file-adobe.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Help ! I cannot get Adobe Acrobat reader downloaded on my PC I have Windows XP and it claims I am missing something that I need to be able to finish the process. (Something like a file or a connection of some sort)??

A:Adobe download problem

Well to help we need to know what that something is that is missing? Any errors are very important and are needed to be posted please post the errors?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-download-problem.497678/
Relevancy 47.3%

Good Morning. When attempting the free download of Adobe Reader 9 onto my computer, I get the following error message:
"can't retrieve essential parameter! (15229.305.1023)"
and the download stops at 93.3 % complete.

I have checked the Adobe web-site for answers, but have had no luck. Any ideas?

A:Adobe 9 download problem

from techspot.com instead of from adobe.com. I was able to get the download package in an exe format and just run it from my desktop. I tried uninstalling adobe reader 8 and tried to download it from adobe.com several times using their download manager, but finally found techspot.com

Fantasmo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-9-download-problem.751331/
Relevancy 47.3%

When I go to download Adobe Flashplayer, I go to adobe.com, click on "Download Adobe Flashplayer", I click on "Agree and install now", and then it says "Internet Explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer".

What do I have to do to download Adobe Flashplayer?

A:I can't download Adobe Flashplayer

You need to check your in your control panel, internet options and what your security settings are. You may have them set too "high" and internet explorer will not be allowed to access that site. Try changing your settings for security on allowed,trusted and internet to medium and one other thing, check the box for "prompt when accessing unknown site" this allows you to decide wheather or not you wish to go there. DON'T even ask if adobe.com is one of those sites, you'll know!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-download-adobe-flashplayer-444340.html
Relevancy 47.3%

When on the internet if I try to watch video a pop-up says I need adobe flash player I try to download it and it fails to download can anyone help me please ?

A:Can't download Adobe flash

You need to uninstall the old version using the Flash uninstall tool at this link.http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242249/cant-download-adobe-flash/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello can anyone give me the link to download Adobe Download Manager?

A:Adobe Download Manager

I think the Adobe Download Manager is installed when you install Adobe Reader.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88979/adobe-download-manager/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey all, Adobe Reader 9.3 is now available for download as of january 13/10.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_adobe_reader/tech/:up:

Java 1.6.0.18 is also available for download as of today from the java web site or from here,
http://www.filehippo.com/download_java_runtime/tech/

A:Adobe Reader 9.3 Now Available for Download

Installed them both yesterday.

------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-reader-9-3-now-available-for-download.893974/
Relevancy 47.3%

I was cleaning up and needed to download a new copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. I have gone to their site, and then to other places to download (like ZDNet). I cannot complete the download.

I am getting a message "Access denied to system because of URL Filter Configuration while attempting to retrieve the URL
http://192.150.15.10. Your system was configured to deny access to this URL."

I do run Symantec Internet Security 2000, but I can disable it and I still get the same message.

Any ideas?

A:Adobe Download Problem

I believe your problem may be related to the way you have your internet security zones set up or populated. Someone may come along with the exact steps you need to take - but you can do a little research/experimentation in this area.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-download-problem.77880/
Relevancy 47.3%

My system keeps prompting me to download an Adobe update and I want to download Java. I've disabled the firewall and the Avast AV but the downloads still fail. Any ideas on what is preventing them? Thanks. Steve

A:Can't download Adobe or Java

How to update Java ...
Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6.
Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u24 allows end-users to run Java applications".
Click the "Download" button to the right.
Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
The page will refresh.
Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u24-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/149762-cant-download-adobe-java.html
Relevancy 47.3%

i need help trying to figure out why i cant download reader does anyone know how to help??

A:cannot download adobe reader help!!!

Try using the direct, offline download instead of using the "Adobe Download Manager".http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/read...dr920_en_US.exeI hate the downloads that just do that silly downloader file that you have to run, THEN download the real thing. I'd rather download the real thing so I'd have it. Then I can take it to our other computers without having to download it a bunch of times.Good luck! Let me know if it doesn't work.P.S. It might help if you gave exactly what was happening that was keeping you from downloading it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280368/cannot-download-adobe-reader-help/
Relevancy 47.3%

Stop me if you've heard this one...Machine is a Sony VAIO laptop, Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, 4GB RAM.AVG Internet Security version 9.0.872 installed and generating frequent threat alerts.A Malwarebytes scan found and removed 12 instances of MyWebSearch. AVG AlertFile name: armdl.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.4.0/en_US/AdbeRdr940_en_US.msiThreat name: Virus found LopProcess name: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exeProcess ID: 1080I have uninstalled Adobe Acrobat and Flash plugins, but the alerts continue.Has anyone run into this alert before that can point me in the direction of a repair?The one related posting I saw was closed without a solution being revealed.

A:AVG complaining about Adobe download

Are you running any other anti virus?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371536/avg-complaining-about-adobe-download/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been using this flashplayer for a long time. However, since updating to IE 9 it no longer works as it should. First I had to download it each time after closing down the computer, which was just a minor nuisance. But now I cannot download it at all. The Flashplayer download page pops up, but then nothing happens any more; even the File Dialog Box box (run / save / cancel) does not appear. I have done just about everything I could think of, such as unchecking ActiveX Filtering, enabling scripting etc, but without getting any joy. Sometimes, though, I can download the flashplayer when I go to a different website that requires flashplayer - but only sometimes.
It works fine with Firefox though. HOwever, I am one of the few who prefer IE to Firefox.
Anyone with any good ideas?

A:Cannot download Adobe Flashplayer

Have you tried going to the advanced section under tools-options, and click reset? This will reset IE to its defaults.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495304/cannot-download-adobe-flashplayer/
Relevancy 47.3%

I try to run the setup file and keep getting an error message that reads:

"the temp folder is on a drive that is full or innaccesable. try freeing up space and make sure that the folder is not write protected"

Help please!

A:cant download Adobe Acrobat

I got that same error when installing adobe reader 8. Just use version 7 and it will work fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-download-adobe-acrobat.557469/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a new HP P Y desktop with GB Ram amp TB memory I purchased downloadable upgrade my Adobe Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements to gone Download Adobe rogue versions I should have bought the disks After many hours of trying I eventually successfully installed Prem El but the downloaded files for Adobe Download gone rogue HS El would not install and a dialog said to try downloading again several more hours Part of the download process required downloading WinZip and when the second download completed I got a WinZip window with files and folders and no instructions no files in my Download folder This is where I made a mistake and tried running the Photoshop Elements exe file from the WinZip I got an MS Explorer window with a Security Warning Box that asked if I wanted to Run Save Cancel Photoshop Elements exe and I clicked on Run The startup process appears to run but ends up back at the same window with the same question-an infinite loop Then I noticed Adobe Download gone rogue that most of my Adobe Download gone rogue icons in the quick launch toolbar at the bottom and program icons on the desktop all took on the ms explorer icon picture and when opened they open the same ms explorer window described above with the question to Run Save Cancel the exe file for that program with the same results as above ending up back at the same question box If I choose save amp then try run from Downloads same result Same result from choosing the program from All Programs I can t restore the computer to an earlier time date because it s only a month old and there is no recovery point set except to return the computer to factory defaults Which I believe would cause me to lose all the programs and files I ve created and installed in the past month I m about to pick the computer up and take it to the Geek Squad this is how desperate I am Anybody Thanks Howard

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365089/adobe-download-gone-rogue/
Relevancy 47.3%

Running Windows XP Bit Received an update last week from Adobe that somehow seems to have stuffed the whole Adobe Reader Programme Up The download adobe Cannot reader programme would not work and a quot Google quot indicated that one of Cannot download adobe reader the latest updates from Adobe appears to Cannot download adobe reader have created a lot of operational problems and their advice was to un-install all Adobe Programmes and re-install them from scratch This I tried to do and once I got to the Installation Stage of Adobe Reader I got a message up to say quot Operating System Error quot - FFFFFFFF Since then I have been stonewalled and cannot install the Adobe Reader Looking in the Control Panel quot Install Un-Install Programmes I can see Adobe Flash Player listed but no Adobe Reader Looking in C Programmes I can see Adobe - Flash Player and Adobe Reader is installed Can some kind knowledgeable person throw any light on this problem and point me in the right direction to get a fix Thank you Znord nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I am using Windows XP.

I tried to download Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.07, however, I get this error message:
"Download cannot continue due to a problem with download instructions."
The download file is placed in the download manager list , but I cannot open it.
I have no problems downloading other information from the internet.

Any suggestions?
Thanx.

A:Trouble With Adobe Download

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=1f63269

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-adobe-download.464098/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm not sure what I either downloaded or deleted that is incompatible with adobe flash player but a message saying that I need to have cdll downloaded too is appearing and I cannot download this either.
Have run antimalware and spyware programmes no problems

A:can't download adobe flash

You get Adobe flash from www.Adobe.com . On the Adobe (UK) site, the link is in the third block down on the right hand side of their homepage.

With regards to your other problem, since you posted in the Win 7 section of BC, I presume you are running Win 7 !  then I would suggest you use the 'Restore point' system and restore your computer to a time before you attempted this download. If you have never done it before, it is quite easy.

'Start' - 'Control panel' - 'Recovery' - 'Open System Restore' . There you will be presented with a list of available restore points. Just pick the last one before you attempted this download and carry on. this should restore your operating system to the condition it was in before things went wrong. Just one word of advice - back-up your own data before you start this process.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498823/cant-download-adobe-flash/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All,
Thank you for your help in advance. I can't complete my download and installation of adobe reader from their online site. An error msg stating, "error1402" pops up and then things quit.

I don't know why I all of a sudden dont have adobe reader, as I really need it to read my med pdf online.

PLEASE HELP, thank you thank you thank you!
Peace!

A:pls. HELP-can't download adobe reader

Assuming your using IE, try downloading it with another browser, like Firefox or Opera.

Alternatively, clear the IE cache (temporary internet files) and try again.
(Tools -> Internet Options -> General -> Browsing History -> etc)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pls-help-cant-download-adobe-reader-232253.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I was told that the reason I couldn't open an Application Form on a certain website was because IE could not read my Adobe Reader. I tried to download Adobe Reader 9.4.4 and got this message: "The patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contract the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer Adobe Reader patch package...."

How can I correct this problem? What is a 'patch package.? (I was able to open the Application Form on another computer.)

A:Can't download Adobe Reader

This is the site you want: PDF reader, protected mode | Adobe Reader X

I'd suggest removing your present Adobe from Add/Remove programs, rebooting and then going to that site and getting a new installation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-download-adobe-reader-574619.html
Relevancy 46.87%
Relevancy 46.87%

I have Lumia 640 XL. I installed Skype Preview on Win 10.
Contacts whose status is online are labeled as offline.
This applies only sporadically.
No other status flag is not shown with the exception of 'Call forwarding'.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438806-how-update-contacts-status-skype-preview.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Update to Skype 6.6. the Webcam disappeared. not visible in device Manager. multiple Downloads of web cam Drivers don't execute. checked bios. Rebooted machine multiple times.

What to do to install web cam Software again?

A:Satellite R630-14J - after Skype update web cam has disappeared

Hi

To be honest I cannot understand why webcam device disappears from device manager list after skype update.
I mean even if there would be a software problem (compatibility issues), the webcam should be listed in device manager even as an unknown device.

However, by default, certain devices are not shown in the list. To include hidden devices in Device Manager display, click View and select Show Hidden Devices.

However, I assume you are using Win 7 system.

> multiple downloads of webcam drivers don't execute
On Toshiba EU driver page you can find the webcam software.
Maybe new Skype version damage something in registry. Would recommend uninstalling the Skype firstly. Download and install the repair tool like CCleaner. Clean registry and reboot the notebook. Now try to install the webcam software once again. Reboot the unit and check if you can use the webcam using installed webcam too.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73104-Satellite-R630-14J-after-Skype-update-web-cam-has-disappeared
Relevancy 46.87%

When I double click any of the following to open them, I immediately get the message:
"[program] has stopped working Windows is checking for a solution to the problem."
Followed soon after by: "[Program] has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

So far, I have found that each of the following all experience the same when I try to
start them: Skype, McAfee, Desktop Windows Manager and Microsoft Help & Support.

It was suggested that I try to remove malware. I have not paid for a program to do so yet.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Skype but not the others. I first noticed this when I
tried to use Skype yesterday. I hadn't used it since July.

A:(McAfee/Skype/Desktop Windows Mgr/MS Help&Support) has stopped working

Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it, and checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512288/mcafeeskypedesktop-windows-mgrms-help-support-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 46.87%

for some reason they wont let me download this

A:Cant Download Adobe Flash Player

Where are you downloading from? What happens when you try to download it? Do you get any error messages?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98280/cant-download-adobe-flash-player/
Relevancy 46.87%

...instead of the stupid browser utility that installs it wherever it feels like without giving me any options? It's on my Windows partition, and I want it off. Is there no way to download a normal installer anymore? I want it on my D:\ drive with the rest of my software made by developers who realize people MIGHT want to choose where to install their programs... of course, that seems to be becoming rarer every day. I guess CHOICES are too confusing for people... they might have to use their BRAINS, wherever those are

Relevancy 46.87%

I am totally unable to get adobe flash player or adobe acrobat to download on this laptop. All I get is a message saying initial application error and am directed to the adobe webpage which asks me if I want a diferent product. It will not let me download any adobe products no matter how I try.

A:unable to download adobe products

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome onboard ! I see you are listed as using Windows 10 - is this correct ? Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 have built-in Adobe Flash Player which works for Microsoft browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, etc...)It will not work for Opera and Firefox. Chrome also has buit-in Flash Player, therefore no extra download on that is needed. If this is Firefox OR Opera browsers , please try to download them from here >> https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/If this is for Edge browser, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome - Flash player is already built-in, therefore no actions is neded No matter the browser, you can get Adobe PDF reader from this URL >> https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/ If you still continue to see the errors, please, take a screenshot and post it back here in the forum or attach it somewhere and copy the URL. Here is how to take a screenshot of your screen >> http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/  Looking forward to your reply ! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/unable-to-download-adobe-products/td-p/5661409
Relevancy 46.87%

when I attempt tp dpwnload AFP it reports "Internet Explorer will not allow" What?

A:can not download Adobe Flash Plaer

Maybe THIS can help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-download-adobe-flash-plaer.1093202/