Windows Support Forum

Programs missing from Programs and Features - Windows 7

Q: Programs missing from Programs and Features - Windows 7

Hi I wonder if someone can help 7 - Windows and Programs from Programs missing Features me I posted on the microsoft support pages but Programs missing from Programs and Features - Windows 7 nobody could help me and directed me here A few weeks back i accidentally downloaded a program that wasn't from a reliable source which in turn downloaded a bunch of junk on my computer It was stupid of me i'm usually really careful I managed to get in and remove most of them but then all of a sudden all but a few of my programs completely disappeared from Programs and features Flash Player Google Chrome Firefox and a few other programs were the only ones hat remained The major programs that were missing from the list are still working fine from what i can see but i didn't get the chance to remove a few items of adware and they are still active on my computer and being as irritating as an STI i'd imagine On searching online how to remove these parasites most of the sites suggest uninstalling from Programs and Features which i can't do because they aren't on the list All other suggestions have not worked I have tried going into safe mode with and without networking and setting up another user profile with admin but the list stays the same I can't remember the last time i backed up Months ago i presume This morning i did a scan on cmd sfc scan and came back saying Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations I have tried various tools to try moving the adware YAC Cloud System Booster i've uninstalled some others i've used so can't remember them sorry The anti virus i use is Avast Any suggestions

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Programs missing from Programs and Features - Windows 7

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Programs missing from Programs and Features - Windows 7

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.Do NOT use spoilers.Do NOT edit your reply to post additional logs. Create new reply. I'll not get any email notifications about edits so I won't know you posted something new.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534861/programs-missing-from-programs-and-features-windows-7/
Relevancy 107.07%

I have run into a strange problem. I have searched and found other people with the same issue but no solution. Almost all of the programs in the programs and features list in the control panel are gone. the programs are still there in the start menu and can be opened. But I can not open pdf files on my desktop anymore, I would uninstall adobe and reinstall it but it isn't in the list to remove it. Thanks for the help.

A:missing programs in control panel, programs and features list

You looked at this?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535068/all-programs-not-displaying-under-programs-and-features-list/#entry3375327

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535342/missing-programs-in-control-panel-programs-and-features-list/
Relevancy 107.07%

A family member was tricked in to downloading and Missing some a (Uninstall Features Menu Programs Programs Program) and in installing some stuff from the Internet on to a laptop that has Windows Pro -bit with Media Center I removed the stuff but Missing some Programs in Programs and Features (Uninstall a Program) Menu noticed some other problems I'm not sure if these are new problems caused by the useless stuff that was installed or if these problems existed Missing some Programs in Programs and Features (Uninstall a Program) Menu earlier In Control Panel Uninstall a Program not all installed programs are listed Oddly the only listed installed programs have names that start with the letters Mi or Mo Only programs are listed In Start menu All Programs I think some programs Missing some Programs in Programs and Features (Uninstall a Program) Menu are missing The list seems unusually short The laptop has a Win style Start menu because IObit's Start Menu program is installed In Control Panel System and Security Administrative Tools there were no shortcuts to the tools I fixed that by using SFC SCANNOW I tried using System Restore to go back to an earlier date but that didn't bring back the missing programs I undid the restore I created a new Windows user account The new account had the same issues I guess the missing programs could be the result of malware I don't remember exactly what I removed I only used the free version of MBAM to clean up I tried restoring everything MBAM quarantined but that didn't help I requarantined the stuff It was mostly if not all PUPs Any ideas for bringing back the programs that should be in the Start menu and Programs and Features menu

A:Missing some Programs in Programs and Features (Uninstall a Program) Menu

I gave up. I restored the operating system and reinstalled everything. No problems now so I guess the problems of missing programs and BitDefender not working was caused by the malware/PUPs- a buggy installer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529761/missing-some-programs-in-programs-and-features-uninstall-a-program-menu/
Relevancy 107.07%

I recently opened up my uninstall list programs 0xc000002 recovery programs from and features, missing failed and a lot of programs missing from programs and features, recovery failed 0xc000002 my programs are missing i tried restoring my computer to before i downloaded quick time which i think is what the issue was but the restore came up with an error xc saying it failed to restore i tried an sfc scan and it came up with something being corrupt that would be fixed on restart i restarted and tried to restore again but it still did not work I have uninstalled quick-time already but the problem is still there also my antivirus picked up root-kit in hamachi so i uninstalled that and did a full system scan from boot with avast i haven't tried restoring again in case i lose any progress or the virus is restored So basically i have two problems Programs missing from my programs and features list and System restore not working xc I know i should do something with the CBS log to check but ill leave that for you guys to decide thanks for the help

A:programs missing from programs and features, recovery failed 0xc000002

Download and run Revo Uninstaller for the missing programs.

As far as your rootkit, simply removing the program doesn't remove the malware. Run a scan with Malwarebytes anti-Rootkit, then run Malwarebytes standard and then run Eusing to clean up the entry points of your virus.

Also, go into your AppData directory and clean out all the Temp files in there. Delete them for all user accounts on the machine:

C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Local\Temp for example.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343621-programs-missing-programs-features-recovery-failed-0xc000002.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi guys hope you can help me with this please because I don t really know what to do to solve it I have a Vaio Programs in Programs Features and Missing Panel) (Control running Windows but coming Missing Programs in Programs and Features (Control Panel) with Windows preinstalled I have recently noticed that most of the programs and apps Adobe Realtek Sony folder Intel Avast Java Bluetooth on Programs and Features Uninstall a Program have vanished without knowing how Only Microsoft apps are displayed there for some reason First I run sfc scannow and found some corrupted files that could not be fixed so I decided to perform a full recovery through Vaio Care that makes use of the Recovery partition that restores the system to factory settings After recovery all programs and apps were in Programs and Features as expected However after removing either the preinstalled version of MS Office or the preinstalled games most programs and apps disappeared again I run again sfc scannow Avast and Malwarebytes and they found no issues at all I also tried System Restore but it did not fix anything Only MS Office Avast and Malwarebytes are currently installed on the drive along with Windows automatic updates including Windows and I have not used any cleaner or optimizer tools I found a potential cause for this Apparently the uninstaller for a program can incorrectly remove registry entries that are used by Windows and the Add Remove Programs tool Add Remove Programs tool displays installed programs incorrectly but I am not sure whether this actually applies to my case or to Windows After performing the recovery I uninstalled the preinstalled MS Office through Programs and Features and the preinstalled Games WildTangent that can only be removed by clicking on each uninstalled exe file of every single game I contacted Microsoft Desk help and they told me that it has indeed something to do with the registry but I don t know how to fix it Although there is a Fix the Problem tool for some Windows versions there is no such a tool for Windows I suspect that the removal of MS Office and Games make cause this but I am not sure about it I don't think that Avast or Malwarebytes are the problem Could someone help me please I would be really grateful if someone could tell me the way to display again all the programs and apps or to prevent the same from happening again if I decided to perform a full recovery Please let me know if you need further details on this Thanks

A:Missing Programs in Programs and Features (Control Panel)

Hello Laura, and welcome to Eight Forums.

I'm not sure what will add them back to "Programs and Features" other than reinstalling the programs to repair them.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/54692-missing-programs-programs-features-control-panel.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Just noticed when I was about to upgrade one of my applications by starting to uninstall the current version that it wasn't no longer in the list of installed programs and lots of other programs are gone too.

Did some Google searching for this problem and noticed I was far from the only one who experienced this issue but unfortunately I wasn't able to find any real solution.

My Windows version is 1511 build 10586.420. I already tried running sfc /scannow and it came out with no errors found.

Any ideas what happened and how to fix it?

A:Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list

Programs or Apps? I ask because Apps from the App store don't show up in Programs and features. They are in Settings > System > Apps & Features. What is the name of this software?

EDIT: I'm noticing some items in that list I wouldn't have called Apps? Some of my Steam Games, NVidia drivers for audio and video? My guess is eventually they will all show up in Apps & features.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/53608-lots-programs-missing-programs-features-list.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I've been on Windows 8 for a couple of months now and have installed a fair amount of programs which previously, as you'd expect, appeared on the Programs and Features list. However, as of yesterday, there are only about 10 programs in the list and I can find specific examples which I can run from the start menu or desktop that do not appear there.

This happened around a similar time to accidentally installing an application called 'TornTV', which a quick google revealed comes with all kinds of adware/spyware. I have since removed this program and run a full virus scan (Norton 360) which found nothing. I am wondering whether it could be related to this but whatever the cause, is there any way I can get the programs back in the list without having to reinstall them all?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/18169-programs-features-missing-programs.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi Recently my mom visited a website that tricked her She downloaded and installed some stuff she in and Programs Missing Features Programs Some didn't need I removed the stuff but noticed some other problems I'm not sure if these are new problems caused by the useless stuff she installed Control Panel - gt Programs - gt Programs and Features is not showing all installed programs Oddly the only listed installed programs have names that start with the Missing Some Programs in Programs and Features letter M programs are listed See picture Start Menu - gt All Programs - gt I suspect some programs are Missing Some Programs in Programs and Features missing I have a Win style Start menu because I am using IObit's Start Menu program Control Panel - gt System and Security - gt Administrative Tools was empty I fixed that by using SFC SCANNOW I tried using System Restore to go back to an earlier date but that didn't work In the process of trying to do that I discovered that BitDefender Internet Security doesn't get along with Windows 's System Restore feature I uninstalled BitDefender and successfully went back to an earlier date but still had the same problems with missing programs I undid the restore I created a new Windows user account The new account had the same issues missing programs in the Start menu and Programs and Features menu

A:Missing Some Programs in Programs and Features

I gave up. I restored the operating system to like new and reinstalled everything.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/43714-missing-some-programs-programs-features.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello I repair computers and lately I saw a few computers all running on and programs Missing Features" "Programs in Windows with missing programs in Programs and Features The programs that are missing in Programs and Features could be viewed in the Uninstall function of CCleaner To clean the computers and get rid of all the crapware installed I used Combofix AdwCleaner and did a full scan with Kaspersky When I saw that the missing programs didn't reappear I did a sfc scannow used Tweaking Windows Repair and did in last resort a Windows repair using a Windows DVD and choosing Upgrade The programs didn't reappear even after all of this I know that programs can disappear in Programs and Features if the DisplayName value in the registry is more then characters long HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion UninstallThe thing is that the entries of the installed programs missing in Programs and Features are not in the above paths How can CCleaner see those programs Do you have any ideas Thanks m t

A:Missing programs in "Programs and Features"

There may be an issue with user profiles.

How many user profiles you have in the system?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529734/missing-programs-in-programs-and-features/
Relevancy 98.04%

I have Windows 7 Prof x64.

My question is, when displaing all software installed and choosing more columns of information to display, they don't stay. For example, choosing Location column. Getting out of the installed programs list and then returning to it, the Location column is gone.

Is there some what to get the columns to be persistent?

Thanks in advance.

A:Question about Windows 7 Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features

The Programs and Features listing is shown to you by the Explorer app. Each time that you open/close the Windows (file) Explorer while viewing a folder (or a special view/list like the Programs and Features listing), Explorer tries to write info to the registry about how Explorer was showing you that folder. Windows (file) Explorer tries to write this "how to display a folder" info at other times besides just closing an Explorer window, but I'll not go into all of that.

Microsoft has not solved the problem that happens when these places in the registry get too big. When this happens, you may see the problem that you are experiencing - that of no longer being able to store the layout/view/column width/column selection/... info in the registry.

Below is video that I made showing registry keys being made. (I'm not suggesting that you mess with the registry.) Notice that new keys are made when visiting the folder named Temp. Deleting this Temp folder does not remove those registry keys. If you close Windows (file) Explorer while viewing a compressed folder (a ZIP file), the Explorer app tries to make keys so that it can remember how it last showed you that folder. If you delete or move that ZIP folder to another location, the original registry keys remain. So you can see how this area of the registry can fill up.

edit: I had to make this video again. I hope that I covered all of the original points.

One solution is to remove all of the entries/keys in the areas of the registry that attempt to track this info for the Explorer app... then rebuild them over time as you visit various folders (and special views like the Programs and Features listing). You can safely remove the entries by following the steps detailed in this tutorial: Folder View Settings - Reset All to Default

I opt for a more draconian solution: I change the permissions on those registry keys to prevent any app from being able to add entries in those areas; thus, the areas never get too big. But changing the permissions will cause other problems that I just live with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/300680-question-about-windows-7-control-panel-programs-programs-features.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello, my programs and features screen (uninstall or change a program), is missing the details (publisher, installed on, size, version) after I uninstalled itunes from my second hard drive. What can I do to fix it?

I have attached a picture to further explain the issue, thank you.

A:Programs and features details missing.

Try right clicking on the column named Name...
...and selecting the other columns of interest from the context menu:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307415-programs-features-details-missing.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Wish to uninstall programs but the only tabs present in programs and features are the "organize" and "view" tabs. there are no "uninstall", "change" or "repair" commands.Where have the "uninstall" etc. command tabs gone to and how do I get them back?message edited by Oleneygah

A:uninstall tab missing from programs and features in vista

I came across this problem a while ago and eventually found it was an issue with a corrupted registry so the first thing to try, if it's only recently happened, is a System Restore. If that doesn't work then the only option I found was to use a 3rd party uninstaller like Revo or possibly CCleaner (though I suspect the latter uses the same registry entries so may not work). You may find that it's only older programs that have the problem, newer ones will probably still have the option and programs you reinstall or install fresh will also be ok. I suspect it's one of the joys of Vista."I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us..." Pink Floydmessage edited by johnr

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/uninstall-tab-missing-from-programs-and-features-in-vista/13464.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Found a lot of other posts all over the internet suggesting malware scans SFC Scannow even chkdsk But none of my Items from Control features are Programs Panel/ MISSING and these people got their issue resolved and all ended up reinstalling the OS My programs work fine but they are not listed in Control Panel Programs and features I can even uninstall them by manually browsing to c program files lt name of software gt uninst exe or whatever the name of the uninstaller is Then after uninstalling Items are MISSING from my Control Panel/ Programs and features the above way if I reinstall the same software again the name of the software shows up in Items are MISSING from my Control Panel/ Programs and features my Control Panel Programs and features I have about programs installed and Control Panel Programs and features lists only now it was listing even less but I got a few back after manually uninstalling reinstalling don't have the patience to reinstall all the programs I have Short of performing a factory reset F at startup and then launch HP Complete Recovery or booting up from the recovery disks I created when I got the computer is there something that can be done to fix this issue The computer I'm using is HP Envy K TX touchscreen version and it's running Windows Home bit If you need the entire configuration CPU RAM etc ask me not posting cause I don't think this matters My OS was pre-installed on the computer when I purchased it and I've never ran a registry optimizer application I can system restore but I have no idea when the problem started Arbitrarily restoring to earlier dates is gonna be time consuming and probably futile Is there a way to force Windows to re-create the Control Panel Programs and features list Thanks for your time PS few things that are installed but not shown Assassins Creed Syndicate FlightGear Flight Simulator Auslogix disk defrag Evil Within CPU-Z Open Hardware Monitor HD Sentinel Pro Stellarium Utorrent etc They are all present in program files and they all run fine

A:Items are MISSING from my Control Panel/ Programs and features

Let's see if the entries actually exist or not...please run the following command by holding down the windows key and press R, pasting the following code into the box, and pressing enter:
REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" /s > Desktop\UninstallKey.txt && notepad Desktop\UnistallKey.txt
A notepad should open with text already in it. Please copy and paste that text into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611996/items-are-missing-from-my-control-panel-programs-and-features/
Relevancy 91.59%

Just like the title says, when I click the detail view, it only shows Name and Size. Don't even know how this happened, is there anyway to fix this?

A:Programs and Features missing installed date column

Hi Xirw If you right-click on the columns, you should have a context menu displaying various column names and whether they are enabled (checked) or not (not checked). Just check the "Installed date" in that menu and the column will appear.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582102/programs-and-features-missing-installed-date-column/
Relevancy 89.87%

I'm running Windows and features spyware in unwanted programs programs not scanner found II and listed a few months back had to remove Snap do and some other unwanted programs I managed to get them off I beleive I'm not sure but I beleive I had to delete some folders to get them off fully Subsequent Superantispyware runs did not report any unwanted programs This morning Avast alerted me Snap do was back I opened a browser and confirmed spyware scanner found unwanted programs not listed in programs and features II the home page was hijacked Avast said it could remove it for me and when I looked the home page was back and Snap do wasn't on my list of programs in control panel gt prorams and features I ran malware bytes and nothing too bad was found I ran Superantispyware and it reported regcleaner pro Advanced Sysrem Protector and AppsHat Mobile Apps were installed I let the Super antispyware try to remove them and also cleaned out some tracking cookies I cehcked programs and the weren't there Re-running Super antispyware however keeps reporting they're in my system Boopme kindly walked me through the DDS process and I'm posting the logs I did post on another help site before knowing the rule of no posting elsewhere I closed that thread so please do not shut this down DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Valued Customer at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Windows system taskeng exe K Program Files x superantispyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x DriverUpdate DriverUpdate exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Juniper Networks Common Files dsNcService exe C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe K Program Files x superantispyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE K Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc K Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services ApplePhotoStreams exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE K Program Files x Steam Steam exe K Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe C Users Valued Customer AppData Local WebPlayer AppsHat WebPlayer exe C Users Valued Customer AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x Samsung SSD Magician Samsung Magician exe K Program Files x MyHeritage Bin FTBCheckUpdates exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastui exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe K Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse e... Read more

A:spyware scanner found unwanted programs not listed in programs and features II

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/539247 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539247/spyware-scanner-found-unwanted-programs-not-listed-in-programs-and-features-ii/
Relevancy 89.87%

I'm running Windows and a few months back had to remove Snap do and some other unwanted programs I managed and not found unwanted features in programs scanner programs listed spyware to spyware scanner found unwanted programs not listed in programs and features get them off I beleive I'm not sure but I beleive I had to delete some folders to get them off fully Subsequent Superantispyware runs did not report any unwanted programs This morning Avast alerted me Snap do was back I opened a browser and confirmed the home page was hijacked Avast said it could remove it for me and when I looked the home page was back and Snap do wasn't on my list of programs in control panel gt prorams and features I ran malware bytes and nothing too bad was found I ran Superantispyware and it reported regcleaner pro Advanced Sysrem Protector and AppsHat Mobile Apps were installed I let the Super antispyware try to remove them and also cleaned out some tracking cookies I cehcked programs and the weren't there Re-running Super antispyware however keeps reporting they're in my system Any ideas Was my original removal not successful Can these apps hide

A:spyware scanner found unwanted programs not listed in programs and features

Hello Splungee, this one is a bit tricky.Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539185/spyware-scanner-found-unwanted-programs-not-listed-in-programs-and-features/
Relevancy 89.44%

Is there a way to remove entries from "Programs and Features"?

The screenshot shows many entries for MegaSceneryEarth, can I get rid of all these entries someway? I do not want to uninstall the program, I just do not want all this crap showing up under "Programs and Features".

A:Remove entries in Programs and Features" without uninstalling programs

Hello IdahoSurge,

Yes, there sure is. The tutorial below can help show you how to remove uninstall entries from "Program and Features" without uninstalling the program.

Programs and Features - Remove Uninstall Entry

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/311281-remove-entries-programs-features-without-uninstalling-programs.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Some (3, out of maybe 20) of my installed Programs, all working perfectly well, are not listed in Control Panel -> Programs and Features.

Any ideas on how to rectify this, please?

Thank you.

A:Some installed Programs not listed in Programs and Features...

Some programs do not really "Install" by using normal installation process by writing entries in the Registry and so don't show up as uninstallable. "Portable programs" are an example. If they don't have Uninstall.exe (or similar file) in it's folder, you can just delete folder and shortcut.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/21717-some-installed-programs-not-listed-programs-features.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Just noticed that most of the programs have vanished in programs and features (control panel). I have around 90 installed programs. The ones that have vanished still work from the quick launch bar but they have also disappeared from the start menu. Have tried a system restore to the only restore point that was available but it didn't change anything.
The programs that are there are in alphabetical order from Mi to Mo
I updated filezilla yesterday and that reappeared in the programs and features list.

A:Most programs vanished from programs and features in contr

Hi Trevor,

Recently I noticed the same problem on a Windows 8.1 Samsung laptop when I was trying to remove some junk programs that came from the Internet. The only programs listed in the laptop's Programs and Features menu have names that start with Mi or Mo. Plus, some programs are missing from the Start -> All Programs menu. Microsoft's System Restore didn't help me. Check if Administrative Tools is empty on your computer, too. It was empty on the laptop I am working on. I fixed that by opening a command prompt as Administrator and using the command SFC /SCANNOW. That didn't bring back the missing programs in Programs and Features but that fixed the missing shortcuts in Administrative Tools and may have fixed a couple other issues I didn't know about.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/43687-most-programs-vanished-programs-features-contr.html
Relevancy 86.86%

So I'm trying to uninstall some stuff, and Programs and Features from Control Panel is mostly blank. It seems to think that on my 500gb hard drive, which only has 50gb free space, that I only have 22 programs, occupying a space of half a gb. But there's a twist: this goes deeper than Windows being crappy, because Revo Uninstaller Pro says the exact same thing. So yeah....you might have gathered from the above info that I need to uninstall some things...
Thanks in advance.

A:[SOLVED] programs and features not listing all programs

Edit: I should probably read the sticky BEFORE posting.

- Version of the OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x86
- If the OS produces an error: no error
- Were there recent crashes that could have caused this problem?: no
- Did you install new software recently? If this is the case: Which software? (Brand, version, build): Yes, lots....don't remember it all and can't check for obvious reasons.
- Did you do any of the following:
- Run a scan with an updated anti-virus program?
- Run a scan with an updated anti-Trojan program?
- Run a scan with an updated root kit detection program? (This only for Windows NT, W2K and newer!)
- Run anti-spyware scans with at least two freshly updated anti-spyware programs? (If so, which ones?): I have nod32 (legit)...'nuff said.

Don't think you need any other info.

Post-edit: It wouldn't let me edit my first post (page wouldn't load).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-programs-and-features-not-listing-all-programs-467397.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,
I am using Windows Ultimate 7 on a toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop,
Don't know when this happened but I noticed today, Not all programs are displayed under Programs and Features, only 9 are displyed, I m sure I have many more.
Ran Malwarebyte nothing.
Ran Safemode and regular AVG scan nothing.
If any one can give me some help here,
Thanks
Regards Mo

A:All Programs not displaying Under Programs and Features list.

See if this helps... http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/in-programs-and-features-it-is-not-showing-all-my/eaccf64f-8c18-4a4e-93ca-4eff9e37050e .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535068/all-programs-not-displaying-under-programs-and-features-list/
Relevancy 84.71%

when going to programs and features i find that my programs do not populate.
is there another way to uninstall programs besides in programs and features?
also, is there a setting in the program that I need to correct?
i am new to this problem and would appreate your help.
thanks
heyshaker

A:Programs and Features Windows 7

Not that I am currently aware of. click programs and features, then click uninstall programs or features, and wait about 3 minutes (i know it may seem like a really long time, perhaps you could feed the dog, make lunch; in other words let it sit for a little bit). If it still wont pop up, then type cmd in the start menu and RIGHT click it, select run as administrator. type sfc /scannow and let it scan for as long as it needs (usually less than 5 minutes).

You can also optimize windows a bit (no need to buy anything, but it does have a lot of different suggestions): Optimize Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/197855-programs-features-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello,
I don't know what happened to my computer because now it doesn't show any of all those programs i have installed here. It is Windos 7.
I installed Google Chrome after uninstalling it and now it shows only Google Chrome and nothing else.
What do i do?

A:Programs not showing in programs and features

I would try a system restore to a point before you installed google chrome

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/programs-not-showing-in-programs-and-features-683371.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi, I hope someone can help. i went to uninstall a program via programs and features and noticed that the list and icons only showed 8 programs installed ,i'm certain there is normally around 70-80.

Everything appears to function as before so i assume the programmes are there hidden somewhere and not uninstalled.

Has anyone come across this before?. i'm running windows 8.1 32 Bit.

Regards Dom

A:Programs and features ,Only 8 programs installed

Just for grins I would suggest getting MyUninstaller freeware. See if it shows the same.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/45747-programs-features-only-8-programs-installed.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello. I am running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. After removing PC Optimizer Pro and other stuff that re-directed my IE web browsing programs and features shows only five programs. I have well over 20 programs.
sfc /scannow did see any problems.
In REGEDIT under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall I just see these five programs.

What can I do so I view all of my programs?

Thank you for looking.

A:programs and features not showing all programs

Having lost the uninstallers, other than reinstalling the programs, I don't see how you'll get back those registry entries.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-and-features-not-showing-all-programs.1124030/
Relevancy 83.42%

Haven't used IE in many years.
I'm wondering if there is any downside to unchecking it ??

A:Unchecking IE8 In Windows 7 (HP) Programs & Features

Yes - Control Panel/Programs and Features - Turn Windows Features on Off:
De-select Internet Explorer and then press YES, then press OK.
However I recommend you update to Internet Explorer 9 using Windows Update or downloading it here.

As it is more secure and will not re-enable when you Windows Update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/214248-unchecking-ie8-windows-7-hp-programs-features.html
Relevancy 82.56%

This only happens sometimes not every boot but when I select the uninstall a program link in the control panel after about a minute it crashes saying windows explorer has crashed and needs to restart ive done an anti virus scan with Microsoft security essentials and malwarebytes anti mall-ware and it came up clean note this also happens in safe mode and I have also did anti virus scans in safe mode and that was clean also and yes I do have the latest updates and drivers available so here is the crash report Faulting Application Path C Windows explorer exe Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name Explorer EXE Application Version Application Timestamp d ee Fault Module Name msi dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp f when looking Explorer features at Windows and Programs Crashes a Windows Explorer Crashes when looking at Programs and features Exception Code c Exception Offset ec e OS Version Locale ID Additional Information Additional Information c c d e ec b a Additional Information ea f Additional Information ea fa bcca bdc ea d d ca ed

A:Windows Explorer Crashes when looking at Programs and features

This is how it looks like If you don't understand

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282920-windows-explorer-crashes-when-looking-programs-features.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have recently purchased a 'Dell Latitude D610' I bought it off ebay as it was fairly cheap and has windows 7 professional installed into it. The first week I have had it, I encountered problems with freeware It has seemed to automatically downloaded, now I have adverts popping up every were and my browser settings being changed with no control over what happens. I was advised to uninstall programs and thought that would be a good idea myself but when I went to do this it shows around 5 programs in the program and features section of the control panel and way over half of my installed programs are not showing up, I have tried everything and have been advised to restore windows but I do not have a disk to do this, I hope someone can help me with this issue.

A:General Windows 7 Professional Help, Programs & Features Ect.

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Is there a Product COA Key under your Laptop ... Maybe inside the Battery compartment ...

You could do a Clean Install of Windows .. The Link below contaions every thing you need for the perfect Insulation including the ISO ..

But with out a Product Key you will not be able to activate it ...
Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/347902-general-windows-7-professional-help-programs-features-ect.html
Relevancy 82.56%

referred to this forum by my helper from a thread in the Virus Trojan Spyware and not "Programs in Professional launch and does 7 Features" Windows Malware Removal Logs forum http www bleepingcomputer com forums t repost-kaspersky-rescue-disk-warns-of-packedwin kraphc-trojan page- entry As per the most recent logs it appears that the Trojan infection that I may have had has been cleared However there is a continuing problem "Programs and Features" does not launch in Windows 7 Professional in that 'Programs and Features' out of Control panel will not launch so I cannot get to 'Add Remove Programs' either from that pathway or by entry into the Search bar from the Start button This is true in the main user profile and others resident on the PC even one just created to account for a corrupted profile and to allow for transfer of files to the new profile Sfc scannow has been run several times to repair system files to no good result as well as earlier attempts to reset to an earlier restore point Chkdsk has also been run and supposedly all questionable clusters have been repaired Blocking access to 'Add Remove Programs' is often a sign of infection but scans say that I am clear System restore procedures have also not been effective Any thoughts other than a reinstall of the OS I've been trying to clear this for almost weeks and to no final resolution the above thread only accounts for the last week All suggestions are welcome Thanks Lefty System Specs from Zoek log System Specs Windows Windows Professional Edition -bit Service Pack Build Memory RAM MB CPU Info AMD Athlon II X Processor CPU Speed MHz Sound Card Speakers High Definition Audio Digital Audio HDMI High Defi Digital Audio S PDIF High De Display Adapters ATI Radeon HD Series ATI Radeon HD Series ATI Radeon HD Series RDPDD Chained DD RDP Encoder Mirror Driver RDP Reflector Display Driver Monitors x Acer S HL Analog HL D Screen Resolution X - bit Network Network Present Network Adapters Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller CD DVD Drives x X Y Z X TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH- AB Y ATAPI iHAS B Z WD Virtual CD Ports COM LPT Port NOT Present Mouse Button Wheel Mouse Present Hard Disks C GB D GB E GB F GB G GB H GB I GB K GB L GB M GB Hard Disks - Free C GB D GB E GB F GB G GB H GB I GB K GB L GB M GB Manufacturer American Megatrends Inc BIOS Info AT AT COMPATIBLE - Time Zone Eastern Standard Time Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A TD EVO Country United States Language ENU

A:"Programs and Features" does not launch in Windows 7 Professional

You could try Win 7 Repair Install, Illustrated, dc3 - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527421/bleeping-laptop-with-corrupt-windows-7-files/?p=3315974, since any homebuilt system either has a valid install disk or falls on the illegal, unofficial side of the street, with few exceptions.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598099/programs-and-features-does-not-launch-in-windows-7-professional/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have no idea what it is Most of the windows features don t work I d like to avoid reformatting So I came here I have already tried scanners but they use or Malware. Unknown features Can't install programs Windows Don Unknown Malware. Can't install programs or use Windows features t install Windows Installer doesn t work even though I manually start the service Tried MSCONFIG for a diagnostic startup nothing Safe mode nothing I also can t perform drag and drop operations rename operations delete operations etc And to open a file I have to right click and press open I can t hear sound access control panel system restore or access computer properties I have also tried using sfc SCANNOW which does nothing because it can t repair the corrupted file quot tcpmon ini quot DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Trend Micro Titanium Enabled Updated B - F- Unknown Malware. Can't install programs or use Windows features EE- AEC-F E A SP Trend Micro Titanium Enabled Updated CAF AD- - A -A C-CD D F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Unknown Malware. Can't install programs or use Windows features Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system atieclxx exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exe C Windows system AERTSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Brand Affinity Technologies Fantapper Updater FantapperUpdater exe C PROGRA Guffins bar bin u barsvc exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C PROGRA MYOWNS bar bin cwbarsvc exe C Windows system PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exe C Program Files Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C PROGRA TELEVI bar bin barsvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files TelevisionFanatic bar bin brmon exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe C Program Files MyOwnSuperheroIE bar bin cwbrmon exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Program Files Guffins bar bin u brmon exe C Program Files FantastiGames Toolbar Datamngr datamngrUI exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Pr... Read more

A:Unknown Malware. Can't install programs or use Windows features

Greetings absolutelygrim and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary. If you prefer I call you something other than your screen name I would be pleased to do so. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would also like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance. Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.
When you post your reply, do not use the button but use the button instead.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please allow me some time to review the information you have provided. I will post back as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468835/unknown-malware-cant-install-programs-or-use-windows-features/
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm migrating to a new PC today (this is posted from the new one), and I'm determined to keep it more organized than my last one. I use a lot of opensource software, much of which doesn't have an installer, it's just copied to wherever you want it and shortcuts made manually. This is a problem when I'm trying to remember what's there.

Is there a way to create a record in "Programs and Features" for this software? I can create an uninstall command script for each one if it requires an uninstaller to be listed here, or whatever needs to be done. I just don't know how this part of Windows 7 works.

EDIT: I just found this. I'm still reading, but it looks like what I need.

A:Make Record in "Programs and Features" for Programs With No Installer?

Hi 4evrplan, welcome to the Seven Forums.

As far as I know it is not possible to manually add portable applications to Programs and Features list.

I have solved this simply by creating a folder called Portable Apps on C:\Program Files, adding all portable apps here in their own subfolders. A folder listing of this folder = a list of my portable apps, backing up all portable apps for instance before reinstalling Windows I simply just need to copy this one folder with its subfolders.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/305389-make-record-programs-features-programs-no-installer.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I can't seem to get rid of these programs that I assume I've uninstalled. It doesn't show a size for them either and when I go to uninstall.

A:Unable To Remove Uninstalled Programs From "Programs And Features".

Hi Ben and welcome to the forum

Here is a tutorial for you to follow Programs and Features - Remove Uninstall Entry

http://www.vistax64.com/software/178828-unable-remove-uninstalled-programs-programs-features.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Many of the applications in my Programs and Features have installed dates that change to the current date maybe once a month. For example, on 3/21/2014, at least 30 applications' Installed On date changed to 3/21/2014. I noticed some of the applications have missing icons as well. I think this has something to do with the fact that we had to change our domain server at work, and I had to create a new domain profile and try to migrate everything over. Any ideas why this is still happening?

A:Windows 7 Ultimate x64 1 posts Installed On date in Programs and Features Cha

bumping this to see if anyone has any ideas....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-ultimate-x64-1-posts-installed-on-date-in-programs-and-features-cha-819546.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Is Control Panel Programs Missing List Programs From there any way to bring back programs that have disappeared from the programs list in the control panel One day I realized most of my programs had disappeared from the list roughly or so remaining from the usual - This occurred after I had downloaded Programs Missing From Control Panel Programs List something I ran Norton Advanced System Care Malwarebytes amp CCleaner As I recall one of them mentioned a virus in the registry After checking google I looked under the following registry entry HKEY LOCAL Programs Missing From Control Panel Programs List MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall and true enough the same programs that had disappeared did not appear here When it happened a few months ago I tried system restores as far back as possible to no avail I've now realized its a hassle trying to uninstall programs not on the list programs don't appear on Revo uninstaller or such programs either so is there a way I can fix this without any reinstalling of windows Im not sure the virus caused this but im guessing this is what happened Any help would be appreciated Also Im not so computer-savvy and first post on these or any forums Cheers Shak

A:Programs Missing From Control Panel Programs List

Welcome to the Seven Forums, shak.

You mean that the installed programs are not appearing in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features. Try to reinstall one of the missing programs without uninstalling it and tell us if it reappears in the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features list.

I strongly recommend that you also run sfc in the elevated mode. Read at SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/242120-programs-missing-control-panel-programs-list.html
Relevancy 76.97%

The following is a post I placed in the MS Community newsgroups and a reply I received one reply to which I followed the instructions without any results I have XP Home SP gt Reply Install xp cd exit the page go to run type cmd In cmd type Sfc Scannow When its thru type CHKDSK C F Agree to restart type EXIT Restart pc remove cd Back in xp type in run appwiz cpl gt quot ReCom and Programs all Remove updates list or missing many Add programs XP quot wrote gt gt gt while attempting to resolve a problem with Movie Maker I decided to get rid of some gt gt unused programs using the add or remove utility As soon as I removed gt gt Yahoo Messenger and other related Yahoo stuff add Add or Remove Programs list missing many programs and all XP updates remove closed and my laptop restarted When gt gt I went back into add remove I immediately noticed a large number of programs gt gt and all the windows updates were all missing from the list gt gt When I try to use one of the now unlisted programs uninstall programs it no gt gt longer works either Before I did the program removing excercise I updated gt gt latest version of DirectX without setting a restore point didn't notice gt gt those instructions until now so I apparently can't go back Any help would gt gt be greatly appreciate because I am quite sure this is going to come back to gt gt bite me in Add or Remove Programs list missing many programs and all XP updates the History I have in the meantime installed Add Remove Pro which didn't do anything I found a thread recommending a file available on Kellys-Korner which edits the registry with the following Windows Registry Editor Version -HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Uninstall quot NoRemovePage quot dword This didn't help however when I searched for the above string I couldn't find it Add or Remove Programs list missing many programs and all XP updates in the registry either and I noticed that my registry editor is So I don't know if that makes a difference I don't use the DVD CD burner on my laptop that often so I couldn't say if the fact it is not reading or writing now is directly related to all the above problems I suspect it is and hope it will correct itself once the registry is corrected Also the install disk is a recover disk that came with the laptop and restores the laptop to factory settings I really hope this can be corrected without going that route I have not had any success with a complete restore as of yet Any and all help are greatly appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-or-remove-programs-list-missing-many-programs-and-all-xp-updates-233725.html
Relevancy 76.97%

So yesterday I noticed that programs are missing from my control panels program list. Right now there is only 19 items and I use to have probably over 60. Notable missing are all my AVS4You and Topaz Labs software. Also anything with the name Windows is not listed. I can't think of anything I installed to cause this. All I saw was some Windows updates. I've searched other threads and ran some of recommended programs. I then downloaded and ran Malwarebytes software and it found 55 problems, deleted those but my problem still exists. I also did a system restore back to 3/21. I'm at a loss now. Any ideas? Also I'm using MS Security Essentials for protection.

A:Programs Missing From Control Panel Programs List

Try these tools. Download to Desktop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/down...-removal-tool/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/326269-programs-missing-control-panel-programs-list.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Thank you far any help you can provide. I had a virus on my machine (windows xp) that Billy helped me with in another thread -

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f100/taskbar-and-desktop-icons-coming-and-going-327922.html#post1883750

The final piece I need help with now that I'm virus free is getting my programs such as Office, Adobe, Dreamweaver, etc., back in the Start/Programs list. The only way I can access them now is through Task Manager.

Thank you!!

A:Programs missing from start/programs list

See if this helps

http://www.computer-2tr.com/tips/02/20020116.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-missing-from-start-programs-list-329542.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Well I went to go uninstall something today and a lot of programs are missing from the Add/Remove Programs box and the programs that are there, there is no button to "Remove" or "Change"

All my programs work fine too.

Ive tried Ashampoo Uninstaller and a couple others but nothing shows in the Add/Remove Programs

Add/Remove Programs Image

Virus?

Please help

A:programs are missing from Add/Remove Programs window

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...ve-164323.html

i found this and i read it.

dont really need help anymore but if you have any suggestions. shoot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-are-missing-from-add-remove-programs-window-164638.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi My computer got infected with virus's and malware related stuff And maybe in the process of removing the infections i have been left with problems A lot of programs are missing from remove add from list) programs(programs missing add remove programs list The remove TAB in the add remove list is'nt there any more When i restart my computer or turn add remove programs(programs missing from list) it on my screen resolution changes I have looked here gt http www winxptutor com arpbuttons htm But that doest sort the remove TAB out for me it is still missing Also when i went the to set NoRemove REG DWORD set it to and NoModify REG DWORD set it to I thought i may see all the programs installed on my computer there but they weren't I was having help and was asked to follow this Click Start gt Run and type in sfc scannow there is a space between sfc and and let it scan for missing corrupt files This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity replacing any files with which it finds a problem If it finds any problems it will prompt you for the Windows XP Install disc so have it handy After doing so every time i restart my PC on turn it on my screen resolution changes and i have to change it back to how i like it Not to wast time ill put the thread title below so you can see what we have tried IN gt HijackThis Log Help Thread Title gt Viruses found Still not right Hijack this scan Sorry i didnt recored the infections Running XP Pro Thanks for you time

A:add remove programs(programs missing from list)

Hi dojharris,

Have you been cleared by the HJT Specialists as yet?...If not, it is better to wait until you have the 'all clear' before attempting any other fixes with your computer.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-remove-programs-programs-missing-from-list-179164.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,today I went into my control panel to add/remove programs and I have only around 15 programs listed whereas I used to have loads,in the windows update section it also shows only two updates installed.
Does anyone know what caused this and how I can fix it?
thanks

A:programs missing from add/uninstall programs menu

Have you recently used a registry cleaner (CCleaner, System Mechanic...)? That would be the kind of symptom you would expect from running such crapware.

Hopefully, the DisplayName values are the only ones missing in the registry, and the rest of the Uninstall keys are still intact.
Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.
Type regedit
Press Enter.
Browse to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
Click the "+" sign to expand Uninstall.
Locate the missing programs in the subkeys under Uninstall.
One by one, look in the right pane and find DisplayName.
Double-click DisplayName and type the name of the program.
Next time you open "Programs and Features", the entry should be back, as long as there isn't more damage done to the registry keys.
If there is already a value for DisplayName and you still can't see the entry in "Programs and Features", please ensure that the value doesn't contain more than 63 characters, or the name will not display in "Programs and Features".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563178/programs-missing-from-adduninstall-programs-menu/
Relevancy 75.68%

My anti-virus avast picked up a false positive today from full system scan from a game I play More specifically Monster Hunter Online CH and my computer is free of viruses So then I realized Programs Uninstall missing from went list programs I don't really play that game anymore So I went ahead and uninstalled it from my list today then I deleted the false positive Including the folder that the game left behind in my external drive To my surprise after doing so when I wanted to uninstall other games I wanted A HUGE TON of my programs literally disappear Only programs list So maybe I thought it was a bug and went to CCleaner To my surprise even then SOME programs are missing there as well More programs pop up in CCleaner but still missing I tried restarting turning off reconnecting my drive and still no alas everything is Programs went missing from Uninstall programs list missing So then I decided to do the regular fixes with Regedit looking for my missing programs through the uninstall thingy path recommended by Microsoft AND my surprise again EVERYTHING is missing except Microsoft updates and graphic drivers and no file is listed with more than characters Can anyone help out Edit Also decided to run SFC scan and it found no violations Screenies Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/391249-programs-went-missing-uninstall-programs-list.html
Relevancy 75.68%

A couple of days ago I ran AVG and Ad-Aware and both came up with no virus s or adware and the next day some programs exe s were missing so that they would not work The programs I noticed that didn t have the exe s PLEASE BIG several HELP PROBLEM...Programs missing, .exe's freeze. programs are were AOL Add Remove Pro and Nero StartSmart I uninstalled and re-installed Nero again so that I could back up my files and just do a clean re-installation of Windows XP Pro and I was able to burn a few cd s and then it stopped working it BIG PROBLEM...Programs .exe's are missing, several programs freeze. PLEASE HELP said that Program is not responding I have several files left and I can not reinstall Windows until I back them up first Someone PLEASE tell me what is wrong with my laptop and how I can fix it or a way to fix Nero so that I can backup my files As I said before there was no Spyware or Virus s reported so I have no idea why this is happening Please help me Thanks System Info HP Pavilion ZV us mb ram gb HD nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/big-problem-programs-exes-are-missing-several-programs-freeze-please-help.393639/
Relevancy 75.68%

how do you get rid of something in the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features

When i try to uninstall give me an error with no option to remove

A:Programs and Features

Hello Superbee,

You could use the tutorial below to remove the program's uninstall entry from the "Programs and Features" page, but it will not uninstall the program though.

Programs and Features - Remove Uninstall Entry - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/189733-programs-features.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi everybody I know Microsoft likes to move things around with a new OS release They did it in Vista with Add and Remove Programs changing it to Programs and Features and carried it over to Win I found a Registry hack that changed it in Vista Programs and Features I tried it on WIN and it gave me an error quot Not all data written some registry keys Programs and Features still open quot It s on this page under quot Control Panel quot http www techoddity com tweak This is it when I used edit Windows Registry Editor Version HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID b be a-ce b- -a e-eb a c quot Add Remove Programs quot quot LocalizedString quot - Does anyone know if there is one for or how to edit the registry it to change it to Add and Remove Maybe one of you with Vista can use it It worked fine when I had Vista Pavilion dv - us Windows Home Prem This is just one of my pet peeves with Windows Thanks

A:Programs and Features

I wouldn't mess with the registry for something as silly as this. Seriously. It's not worth it.Eventually we all have to adjust to change.Just think "P" for "Programs"...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356276/programs-and-features/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi I had a problem recently where my and Features Programs C drive Programs and Features said it was full I have an Acer so my hard drive is split in two I transfered all my files e g Word docs images videos to the D drive and left programs and any other files like that on my C drive Now my C drive for some reason says it is full again I dunno how it could be I removed a load of files and programs and moved all documents over and haven t installed or saved anything else to there But anyway I decided that I would remove another program or two that I didn t need I went to programs and features I m using Vista clicked uninstall and it began uninstalling Suddenly I got a message telling me there was an error and it couldn t install the program It s done this on more than one program one from a disk one I downloaded so it s not just that I don t have the disk for it so it can t uninstall as some programs do require that As I say it does start to uninstall but then it seems to change its mind and tries installing How can I get it to uninstall them as it should I ve never had any problems before and I can t think what could be causing it Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410432/programs-and-features/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I have recently discovered a problem on a my computer where I have a completely new list of programs in my Programs and Features By this I mean I have programs that I know are part of some of my other programs but seem problem and Programs Features to be stuff like 'System requirement lab' and 'HP customer feedback' which where never previously in my Programs and Features and I don't realy think the programs in there qualify to be in the list Programs and Features problem they seem Programs and Features problem to be more of secondary programs such as parts of programs rather then the actualy program I can also not uninstall any of the Programs and Features problem programs but as I am installing new ones they seem to be placed into the new list and are available to uninstall I do not know how this happened and at the moment im unable to remove any of the programs or uninstall them from the Programs and Features list while also unable to uninstall any of my other programs that I had via to when this happened Finally all of the programs have limited icons and the ones that do not have the 'missing icon' icon Please help if you can anyone its will be much appreciated thank you

A:Programs and Features problem

Hello Matthew3,
These are things that you will have installed at some time, probably via a web site.

'System requirement lab' is a feature of "Can You Run It", a site that will tell you if your PC system is up to running games.

The same with 'HP customer feedback', this would have appeared after a visit with HP.
If they bother you they are safe to remove, but will not do any harm either.

Hope this helps, good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/275894-programs-features-problem.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Can anyone tell me what DBPix20 is? I'm thinking it was installed with the original MS system...
Thanks

A:DBPix20 in Programs and Features

Hello idahjo,

From what I can gather, DBPix 2.0 is an Active X program that integrates with Microsoft Access. Does it look familiar?

Image Control for Photo Database and Image Management - DBPix

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/301620-dbpix20-programs-features.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey everybody I was just checking up on things in my laptop and found everything fine and dandy until I got to the Programs and Features Menu. It only shows the following Programs...
Apple Mobile Device Support
ATI Catalyst Install Manager
Bonjour
Brodcom Gigabit Netlink Controller
Conexant HD Audio
Facebook Plug-In
HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Manager w...
HyperCam 2 (64-Bit)
iTunes
Lexmark 4800 Series and a few others. I`d really like to know if this is happening to anyone else and as far as I know it has something to do with the registry.

A:Programs and Features Error

I had a similar problem after installing HyperCam2. I set back to an earlier image and the problem was fixed. But if you have no images, you may try a restore point from before HyperCam was installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/68546-programs-features-error.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello once again My topic at techsupportforum com is now in the process of being closed The issue did not get resolved as it is a very tough one to solve I am now looking for help here Here's my problem From the Programs and Features all my programs are listed Features Programs issues and but only or so programs can be removed These are the most recently installed programs other than Unreal Tournament which was installed in I'm running Vista Home Premium and if System Restore comes to mind forget about it I turned it off at one Programs and Features issues point stupid move so the recovery points are gone I think what happened is that I had malware which removed Uninstall entries from the registry I don't quite know how to get the entries back or if it's even possible I do know however that anything Programs and Features issues I install gets an entry so that works fine I have software called Revo Uninstaller which doesn't track all my software but it sees applications that can all be removed successfully I was told that was most likely because it looks at Program Files instead of Uninstall in the registry Any help is greatly appreciated and I hope to fix this ASAP Thanks a lot Justin

A:Programs and Features issues

I've used Revo with no problems. Are you trying to remove progs? If so I'd give Revo a chance to work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/243407/programs-and-features-issues/
Relevancy 74.82%

In the list of installed programs, I see "CVE-2010-3971" shown twice, with no publisher listed for it.

When I do a search for that term I find that it refers to a vulnerablility that was patched in January 2011. I've not previously seen an entry that looked like this, with no other identifying information.

I can't even find any info on the Microsoft patch that was released for this vulnerabilty, apparently it was superceded by another update, but no info about that is given. MS11-003: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

Does anyone have any information about what this might be?

Thanks

A:Odd entry in Programs and Features

I do not think this entry is harmful. Do not worry about it. Looks safe to me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/200274-odd-entry-programs-features.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Good morning all I attempted to install Itunes Programs and Features not does appear Itunes on and received an error message that quot the old version of Itunes cannot be uninstalled Contact your local administrator quot Then I figured that this shouldn't be a problem because I can remove Itunes from Windows 's Control Panel Programs and Features right Apparently no Itunes does not appear on Programs and Features When I go to Start All Programs and the Itunes program folder there is no Itunes uninstall icon Itunes does not appear on Programs and Features either When I tried uninstalling it from quot Wise Program Uninstaller quot Itunes does not appear on there as Itunes does not appear on Programs and Features well I have also tried Microsoft quot Fix It quot Itunes does not appear on there as well Itunes is fully functional when I run it from my desktop and I can run Itunes from C Program Files x iTunes iTunes exe Since I am able to run Itunes from my desktop and from Windows Explorer what alternative way can I use to successfully uninstall it from Windows so that I can install the new version of Itunes I have tried Apple Forums Itunes Forums to no avail Please let me know if you have any suggestions Thanks in advance

A:Itunes does not appear on Programs and Features

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

See if Revo Uninstaller can find the left over files:

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Next, make sure you run the new iTunes as an administrator.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/itunes-does-not-appear-on-programs-and-features-906906.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I just install the nero 9 trail and now when i go to uninstall it, programs and features pops up for a second and then crashes. Unfortenuatly, i did not have system restore turned on. Right clicking it and clicking it dosent work either. I can see the window pop up for a second but they it crashes. Anyone know of a fix, i searched the forums and google my heard out to no avail.

Edit : After running the nero 9 uninstall manually, it still wont open. also, running the command appwiz.cpl in the run prompt, it still will not work

Edit 2: Opens in safe mode.... a service maybe...

Edit 3:Windows Update dispays "The Page Failed to Load and Windows Media Player no longer automaticly play video files when i double click on them, on when i go File>open... in a command prompt scf /SCANNOW says that there is no integrety problems.

A:Programs And Features Will Not Open

Hello Blazer64,

Since you do not have System Restore as a option, you might do a Repair (Upgrade) install to see if it can fix the problem for you.

Repair Install For Vista

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/184404-programs-features-will-not-open.html
Relevancy 74.82%

It says it has been disabled by the administrator. I am logged onto an account with admin privileges. How can I enable these features and others that seem to be disabled. I have Home Premium 32bit. The computer is running sluggishly and I am trying to remove programs that may be viruses or that are just taking up space. Any help would be great, thx in advance.

A:I cannot access Programs and Features

Hello JesseJane,

Welcome to Vista forums!

Install this HijackThis and attacth (not copy/paste) the log file.

Then someone that knows HijackThis can look at it for you and advise you further.

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/166826-i-cannot-access-programs-features.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello,

I downloaded the newest upgrades yesterday for Windows 7 and for some reason after the upgrade installation I cannot open internet explorer, windows media player, and my AVG anti-virus. I tried to see if I can delete and re-install explorer and AVG but my programs & features are empty. I don't know why this is happening. Please help.

here are my specs:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2047 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1), 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 123421 MB, Free - 83590 MB; D: Total - 181821 MB, Free - 131191 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5QL PRO
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Disabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/empty-programs-features.1092929/
Relevancy 74.82%

Programs and features.docx

I am not able to view all the programs listed in the PC when viewing. Opening the 'Programs and features' menu ,not able to view all the programs, not able to uninstall a program that I don't want use.
My question is hot view all the programs?

I attached what is showing when opened "p&F" menu.
From
Kolluri

A:Programs and features problem

A little more info might help.

Is this your Personal PC, a Work PC, someone else's PC, ...?
Are you logged in with an Administrator account?
Did you install Windows and all the programs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/279063-programs-features-problem.html
Relevancy 74.82%

When I attempt to delete the program I go to ( programs and features ) after I open it is does not response and the cpu seem to be used High and all cores 100% busy even If I close (programs and features) the cpu still busy and never stops even If leave it for more than 3 hours - like what I did - and same proplem the cpu still busy !

and this happed only if I open (programs and features) !

Why is that and how can I fix that ?

Relevancy 74.82%

i've had this problem for a while, and can't seem to find any fix for it. i've looked through these forums for similar problems, and tried the given solutions but nothing seems to work.

i can open control panel fine, then when i double click programs and features, the loading icon appears briefly and disappears immediately.

i've downloaded several registry cleaning tools that haven't helped and tried to enable in the registry editor, which also didn't work.

can anybody help?

thanks.

A:Cannot access programs and features.

Try using SFC
System Files - SFC Command

If no help, type the name of the program in search and see if you can access that way.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281889-cannot-access-programs-features.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi. Can anyone help me with why I can't see all of my installed programs in the Programs and Features box on my computer?

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 6041 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 931009 MB, Free - 497828 MB;
Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., SAMSUNG_NP1234567890
Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

A:Programs and Features Issue

Which programs are you referring to that you have installed but can't see in the list?

------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-and-features-issue.1096456/
Relevancy 74.82%

I'm running Win 7 64bit. I'm having my machine looked at this weekend (getting a lot of system errors). In the meantime I need to do some tuning that requires a little tweaking in "programs & features section. My problem is that when I go there (control panel> programs & features) the box pops up but then nothing happens. The box is empty and no matter how long I wait it won't populate. I have no idea if this is tied to the system errors I've been getting. Any ideas?
As always comments & flames welcome.
Tnx,
Dusty

A:programs & features won't populate?

Quote: Originally Posted by DustyV

I'm running Win 7 64bit. I'm having my machine looked at this weekend (getting a lot of system errors). In the meantime I need to do some tuning that requires a little tweaking in "programs & features section. My problem is that when I go there (control panel> programs & features) the box pops up but then nothing happens. The box is empty and no matter how long I wait it won't populate. I have no idea if this is tied to the system errors I've been getting. Any ideas?
As always comments & flames welcome.
Tnx,
Dusty

I would suggest wating, any changes you make may be undone by the company/person working on the system this weekend...such as; resetting system defaults and the like.

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336585-programs-features-wont-populate.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey there,

I recently installed Steam and when I went into the programs and Features menu, I found that the default icon was corresponding to the details. I have tried repairing it but nothing happens.

Are there anyway you can manually add the icon on the Programs/Features menu?

Thanks

A:Icons in Programs/Features

It might be more clear if you could show what the issue is,
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299447-icons-programs-features.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Which windows features (programs) should I have on?

Relevancy 73.96%

Many of the applications in my Programs and Features have installed dates that change to the current date maybe once a month. For example, on 3/21/2014, at least 30 applications' Installed On date changed to 3/21/2014. I noticed some of the applications have missing icons as well. I think this has something to do with the fact that we had to change our domain server at work, and I had to create a new domain profile and try to migrate everything over. Any ideas why this is still happening?

A:Installed On date in Programs and Features Changes

bumping to see if anyone might have any ideas...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/327368-installed-date-programs-features-changes.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello, I am trying to uninstall a program but it is not letting me. How I find the location of the uninstall.exe file?

I know you can go the program files and find the uninstall.exe, but my the program I am trying to uninstall is hidden.

A:How to find the location of the .exe from Programs/Features

Originally Posted by Behindyouu

Hello, I am trying to uninstall a program but it is not letting me. How I find the location of the uninstall.exe file?

I know you can go the program files and find the uninstall.exe, but my the program I am trying to uninstall is hidden.

Install Revo Uninstall.
The following link is to download a FREE version :
http://filehippo.com/download_revo_uninstaller_pro/

Revo Uninstall is capable to uninstall programs Windows is unable to do.
It is a very valuable program to have. Highly recommended.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/51988-how-find-location-exe-programs-features.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi again This is regarding my Desktop Computer No make model Windows XP Home SP Everything was going well until features Language, Installed :( now a programs gone and are new one day when I decided Installed a new Language, now programs and features are gone :( I wanted to be able to post on a Japanese website I don t have the ability to read write in Japanese because I never installed that language thing on my computer So I pulled out the Windows Home CD and popped it in the computer I followed instructions online and viola Japanese characters now show up on webpages And then the darkness fell Somehow quot calc quot is no longer found on my computer Goodbye calculator Also my Sound Volume Control is gone When I go to Sounds and Audio Devices Properties I can no longer click ADVANCED in Device Volume to have those nifty volume bars displayed In addition whenever I try to open up a document it says something about installing Windows it says something about installing windows professional office publisher something something even though the document is doc I don t understand how I could have done all of this Ideas Thank you again in advance nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi there I am Unable open Programs Features x64 8.1 to in WIN and unable to access the Programs and features in the Control Panel on my WIN x Surface Pro I ran across this issue with the last days I am using Trend Micro Internet Security anti-virus which comes up clean SuperAntiSpyware is the same MalwareBites free comes up clean and the MR Antiroot kit said there were no items found The FRST would Unable to open Programs and Features in WIN 8.1 x64 not run initally in normal mode as it said the Windows Unable to open Programs and Features in WIN 8.1 x64 was protecting my computer It did run in Safe Mode however There was a warning about not being able to verify the FRST because the internet was disconnected but I was able to proceed with the scan Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as I realize this is over my head and there is something really nasty onboard nbsp FRST txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Robert administrator on ROBERTPC - - Running from C Users Robert Desktop Loaded Profiles Robert Available Profiles Robert Platform Windows Pro X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Safe Mode minimal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved SUPERAntiSpyware com I Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCore exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows WinStore WSHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Farbar C Users Robert Desktop FRST exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run Samsung Link gt C Program Files Samsung Samsung Link Samsung Link Tray Agent exe - - Copyright SAMSUNG HKLM Run PwmConsole exe gt C Program Files Trend Micro TMIDS PwmConsole exe - - Trend Micro Inc HKLM Run iTunesHelper gt I Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM Run Trend Micro Client Framework gt C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk UIWatchDog exe - - Trend Micro Inc HKLM Run Platinum gt C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium plugin Pt PtSessionAgent exe - - Trend Micro Inc HKLM-x Run Nikon Message Center gt C Program Files x Nikon Nikon Message Center NkMC exe - - Nikon Corporation HKLM-x Run CLMLServer gt C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe - - CyberLink HKLM-x Run YouCam Mirage gt C Program Files x CyberLink YouCam YCMMirage exe - - CyberLink HKLM-x Run YouCam Tray gt C Program Files x CyberLink YouCam YouCam exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run PowerDVD Agent gt C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PowerDVD Agent exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run BrStsMon gt C Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exe - - Brother Industries Ltd HKLM-x Run BrHelp gt C Program Files x Brother Brother Help BrotherHelp exe - - Brother Industries Ltd HKLM-x Run ControlCenter gt C Program Files x ControlCenter BrCcBoot exe - - Brother Industries Ltd HKLM-x Run APSDaemon gt C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task gt C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched gt C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKU S- - - - - - - Run PrinterProDesktop gt C Program Files x Printer Pro Desktop PrinterProDesktop exe - - HKU S- - - - - - - Run F E -B - cf- F A- FD E A gt C Program Files x Homepage Print DeskCapture exe - - CORPUS CORPORATION HKU S- - - - - - - Run iCloudServices gt C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe - - Apple Inc HKU S- - - - - - - Run ApplePhotoStreams gt C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services ApplePhotoStreams exe - - Apple Inc HKU S- - - - - - - Run AppleIEDAV gt C Program Files... Read more

A:Unable to open Programs and Features in WIN 8.1 x64

Here is a HiJackThis log. Anyone see the offending virus/malware? I know enough to know not to delete anything unless told to. Thanks!!

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.5
Scan saved at 1:56:12 PM, on 19-Aug-15
Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.02.1008)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v11.0 (11.00.9600.17840)
FIREFOX: 40.0.2 (x86 en-US)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\TabTip32.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\TMIDS\PwmConsole.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Printer Pro Desktop\PrinterProDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\iCloudServices.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\ApplePhotoStreams.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\AppleIEDAV.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\iCloudDrive.exe
I:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe
C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Microsoft\BingSvc\BingSvc.exe
C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\PolarisOfficeLink\POLink.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\EvernoteClipper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\YouCam\YCMMirage.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\PolarisOfficeLink\POLinkSync.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\PowerDVD14Agent.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Browny02\Brother\BrStMonW.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Brother\Brother Help\BrotherHelp.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ControlCenter4\BrCtrlCntr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ControlCenter4\BrCcUxSys.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
I:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\steamwebhelper.exe
E:\Special Virus Blockers-MGeeks\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: Trend Micro Password Manager BHO - {3F019D1C-7EAA-4F25-A765-FBA635BD0AFF} - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\TMIDS\PwmIEBHO32.dll
O2 - BHO: Trend Micro Toolbar BHO - {43C6D902-A1C5-45c9-91F6-FD9E90337E18} - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Titanium\UIFramework\ToolbarIE.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_51\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Evernote extension - {92EF2EAD-A7CE-4424-B0DB-499CF856608E} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\EvernoteIE.dll
O2 - BHO: Trend Micro Network Filter Plugin - {959A5673-7971-48e6-AF54-58F745AC4ABC} - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AMSP\module\20013\3.8.1193\2.0.1082\TmopIEPlg32.dll
O2 - BHO: Trend Micro IE Protection - {BBACBAFD-FA5E-4079-8B33-00EB9F13D4AC} - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AMSP\module\20002\9.1.1030\9.1.1030\TmBpIe32.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_51\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Homepage Print 2BHO - {EFC91ACA-519F-428D-8472-81E158609D25} - C:\PROGRA~2\HOMEPA~1\IEBand.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Homepage Print 2 - {C4FB9EEC-5B29-486B-ACD1-D93A4396E567} - C:\PROGRA~2\HOMEPA~1\IEBand.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Trend Micro Password Manager ToolBar - {9B4B91FC-EC4D-4018-9575-96FA5A3C0... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586896/unable-to-open-programs-and-features-in-win-81-x64/
Relevancy 73.96%

I was just checking my graphics card update in control panel programs and features when I noticed that the total used was 126gb. 125gb was allocated to The Complete National Geographic. Looking in computer the total of the six National Geographic dvd's came to 43.42gb. My C drive is 233gb total of which 75.1gb is used. Any idea's why?

A:Programs and features in control panel

I don't understand what you are asking.

Since you state that your drive is 233GB total with 75.1 GB used, there cannot be 126 GB of software installed.

Have you installed to another drive?

Can you provide a screen shot of Programs and Features?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/305810-programs-features-control-panel.html
Relevancy 73.96%

please help the programmes and features box is not at the bottom of my screen where can it be thnx

A:Programs and Features box is not at the bottom of screen

Hello Maltyorky, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Could you post a screenshot showing this from on your computer instead?

Did you use some method like in the tutorial below to edit your WIN+X Power Users Task menu, and removed Programs and Features at top by mistake?

You could try the tutorial below, and click on the Restore Defaults button to see if that will restore Programs and Features for you.

Power User Tasks Menu (Win + X) - Edit in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/13347-programs-features-box-not-bottom-screen.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Does anyone know how I can remove 'Whitesmoke' from my computer. I've tried to do it via The Control Panel (please see attached) but I get the message that I don't have the authority and I should see my Administrator (My User Account is an Administrator). I've tried to remove it with CCleaner but I get the message that it can't be found (attached).

Does anyone know of another way to get rid of this pesky varmint?

Cheers, and Happy New Year!

P.S. I have tried (and hopefully succeeded) to add my "system specs" to the information in my account so that information should be accessible.

A:Removing Whitesmoke From Programs/Features

Follow the step here by Jacee, DO NOT run the clean portion, let us look at the scan log first.
Steps of removing Adware?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/316876-removing-whitesmoke-programs-features.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello Again,
It bothers me that I have so much stuff on my computer, all of which I am responsible for putting there. I just installed Adobe Flashplayer 11 and am wondering if I can delete or uninstall all of the previous players? The same goes for Visual C redistributable?

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II P520 Dual-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3827 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Graphics, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152424 MB, Free - 98026 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1455
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2013, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 73.96%

Trying to remove entries in Programs and Features, clicking on them to Uninstall, it tells me it can't find program, so how do I remove the entry from the list.?

I'm sure I've seen a way before but I can't remember what it is.

A:Removing Entries from Programs and Features

You may try looking C:/ program files and see if you have a folder for the uninstalled program and delete it and do a restart it should be gone. If that doesn't work come back and we'll figure it out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/67904-removing-entries-programs-features.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I am upgrading from Vista to Win on HP using their discs Upgrade Assistant and Premium Programs/Features Solved: Vista Upgrade I am trying to cut down on unused items that will be sent from Vista to Win - as some items listed in Programs Features Am having a problem Solved: Vista Programs/Features finding out what they are In Control Panel I can only get the list - not what they do Using Google on MS Silverlight I found it is a specialty item - not something I would use Solved: Vista Programs/Features Delete seems obvious - but in checking other items I note they have hidden connections that might create problems with other programs How can I find out whether Solved: Vista Programs/Features a program listed must be kept or is not needed How can I find out what it does without leaving the Program page I don t go to HP Games but might it have something needed in another function Reading instructions for the upgrade seem to make this more than a simple transfer nbsp

A:Solved: Vista Programs/Features

Searching is the only way. No one knows what all programs do. Silverlight, for example, is a lot like Flash and not having it greatly reduces the web experience because those animations and videos are not available to those who do not have it. Without Flash, no YouTube. Without Java, no games and many other things. Without javascript, no dropdown boxes for options or any navigation at all on some web pages.

If you simply look through your Programs in the Start menu, you will see the things that are definitely optional because they were installed later by the user, and were not installed to solve a problem or to enhance the web experience, for example.

Instead of worrying about each app that is present, why not take a look at the amount of space used in Program Files by programs and decide which of the larger ones can go. Of course, very few programs have all their files in that folder, but it gives you an idea of what big programs are around that you may not need.

Nothing is being "transferred" in an upgrade. Everything that is installed stays right where it is.

These will allow you to visualize your disk space usage:

Visual Disk
Disk Pie
TreeSize
Xinorbis
AssessTree
Directory Size Calculator

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-programs-features.897211/
Relevancy 73.96%

I'm trying to delete a program called Cyberlink YouCam. When I go to delete an error message comes up: Skrset.xml. Does anyone know what this is? Also, how can I delete this program? Thank you. Deborah

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/75820-deleting-program-programs-features.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have mistakenly disabled many service features in my service configeration. I have tried to enable but
cannot seem to decipher the instructions. That is to re enable my services that I need. Can you help me? Please. Thank you.

alalewetza

A:enabling service features or programs?

I would set all services back to their default values and re-boot. Good info at both of these sites:

http://www.blackviper.com/service-c...dows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/

http://www.theeldergeek.com/windows_7/windows_7_services.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enabling-service-features-or-programs.1123197/
Relevancy 73.96%

I seldom use the "Programs & Features" option for uninstalling programs. Recently I attempted to list my installed programs. The list displayed 12 or so programs, no the 2 pages of programs I expected.

What caused the problem and how do I resolve it? Thank you

A:Lost Programs & Features list

If you used a registry cleaner, the registry has been damaged. Restore the backup it made, or reinstall the programs. A restore point will work, too, if you have one from before you did any system cleaning.

If no "cleaning" was done, you can probably at least substitute MyUninstaller for uninstalling programs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-programs-features-list.768555/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a Dell laptop running Vista sp2. I have a program named ''Better Brain'' in programs and features. I don't remember seeing it before and wonder if I should uninstall it. See, I was trying to update my free CCleaner, which I've done easy enough in the past. I don't know what happened, must have clicked the wrong thing, but suddenly my Avast pops up that it has quarantined something. At the same time something else has downloaded. I go straight to programs and features and uninstall 2 things that began with V. Plus I see PC Optimizer is newly there, so I uninstall it. I ran malware and virus checks--everthing good. But I can't find anything about better brain. Any input appreciated.marber

A:What is ''Better Brain'' program in my programs and features?

The way to update CCleaner is through CCleaner's GUI....sounds like you used another website that hosted CCleaner software
and....of course...installed a bunch of crapware.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here
Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.
While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.
POST THE LOG FOR REVIEW.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars.
You may see Google Tool Bar being offered.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
Click on the Scan button.
AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
Download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
Click the button.
For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
Click the Start button.
Accept any security warnings from your browser.
Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology
ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and b... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559411/what-is-better-brain-program-in-my-programs-and-features/
Relevancy 73.96%

howdy all, I'm trying to remove BenQ Web Camera program because the Programs and Features says it takes up 15.6GB. Every time I try to remove it I get the error message:

Error Loading C:\progra~\common~1\Profes~1\RunTime\0701\intel32\ctor.dll

The Specified Module cannot be found.

A:Solved: removing something via programs and features

Hi try revouninstaller free version http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-removing-something-via-programs-and-features.924964/
Relevancy 73.96%

Our home computer, a Dell Inspiron using Windows 2 32 bit, was not using a program. So I went to uninstall it using Programs and Features on the Control Panel. Seriously, we have dozens of programs installed! But when I went to programs and features--only 4 programs were listed? Can you tell me where they went? The only clue I have is that my oldest son might have done something with CC Cleaner, but I cannot be sure. How do I get the list fully restored?

A:Watch the Programs and Features Disappear?

Download and Install this Program here:

Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall, Leftovers Uninstaller

Does that see all of the times listed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/watch-the-programs-and-features-disappear-813066.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have an Asus gaming ultrabook K CB running Windows bit gb ram i Nvidia GeForce gt m gb dedicated I have attached my Dxdiag report however i noticed that my Nvidia card doesnt show in the display tab I'm not sure when this happened but lately i noticed that for example when I type Devices in the settings tab of the Windows search and open that the display in features W8 issues several in or Some programs display is all mucked up text is hard to read selections not highlighting properly most of the window doesnt show as it should and i cant even see half of the it This also happens after i swipe up on the right devices second screen and sometimes in programs when i hover over links or the exit minimize close buttons I'm not sure why any of this happens I have updated all my drivers had a fiddle around with the display settings and installed all Some display issues in several programs or features in W8 the windows updates Would greatly appreciate any assistance thanks Attached Thumbnails Some display issues in several programs or features in W8

A:Some display issues in several programs or features in W8

uninstall your video driver from device manager

click on action tab on top

select scan for hardware changes

let windows load simple drivers and see if everything looks ok now..

If everything is ok now, then REDOWNLOAD the video drivers ( do not use original download nor the cd/dvd drivers )

install, reboot, and check...

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/25760-some-display-issues-several-programs-features-w8.html
Relevancy 73.96%

every time I open my quot programs and features quot folder to check my installed programs or to uninstall a program the entire time that the folder is loading info my cursor jumps and moves all over the place on it s own while everything else freezes the few times I ve been able to manouvre and unfreeze the pc while this is going on everything acts crazy graphics wise if I wait forever about to minutes and let the features and programs quot folder load everything then pc and eratic goes Opening'programs features things become stable but I know this is not a normal way for the pc to behave i ve been on then internet since and had computers Opening'programs and features pc goes eratic since then but this has never happened to me i ve run malware tests and Opening'programs and features pc goes eratic virus tests with superantispyware malwarebytes and avast so now i m wondering if I m having a corrupt file problem i m wondering if this is one of those common problems that goes along with an emachines any help is definitely appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/openingprograms-and-features-pc-goes-eratic.1091356/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

I've having a constant problem trying to uninstall programs. As soon as I open Programs and Features from the Control Panel, Windows Explorer becomes unresponsive. This happens consistently.

I'm running Comodo Internet Security Premium and last scan - performed a few hours ago - didn't detect anything untoward.

OS is Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Cannot uninstall in Programs and Features

After some more Googling, I installed Spybot S&D, scanned and it detected two bits of spy/malware. Removing them seems to have resolved the issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-cannot-uninstall-in-programs-and-features-574060.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I've read that I can't just uninstall all these stupid (microsoft visual c++)s without braking something. Is there ANY way to get them out of my programs and features list? or at lest someone at microsoft I can strangle until I can get them to make an update that moves this junk to the windows updates list.

A:don't want tons of microsoft visual c++ in programs and features

Different software that you've installed on your computer (or that was installed by the computer manufacturer) uses different versions of Visual C++ to run correctly. So you are correct when you say that removing a version could cause something to not work any more. And you're not alone in your thoughts that Microsoft should be able to do something to consolidate all of these versions into one download or a service pack. This Microsoft forum thread has a few comments from users who feel the way you do.

Why are there multiple versions of Microsoft Visual C++ libraries on my computer?

I have 14 versions on my computer. The largest is 5.28MB. All of them together add up to 17.628MB. Personally speaking, I really can't get overly concerned or obsess over the fact that these C++ versions are hogging space or otherwise cluttering up my computer's Programs and Features list. But if you really want to vent to Microsoft, you could apply to join the Windows Feedback Program

Welcome - Windows Feedback Program

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/282308-dont-want-tons-microsoft-visual-c-programs-features.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Just when I thought I had computers figured out, after having built several from guides on this website and troubleshooted many problems with other guides, I have run into a problem that I'm sure has an embarrassingly obvious solution.

I am trying to uninstall winamp, and naturally I attempted Control Panel - Programs and Features - Winamp - uninstall, the normal method of uninstalling programs. But winamp is simply not listed there, and every guide at winamp's site or a google search starts with that method and offers no others. I know winamp is still there because it still opens and runs and associates every file with it.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

I just want to uninstall winamp.

thanks, Charlie

A:Winamp not listed in Programs and Features, can't uninstall

Hi try revo uninstaller Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems use the free version

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/winamp-not-listed-in-programs-and-features-cant-uninstall-547885.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Can I redirect the Link in Control Panel that uninstalls a program to iobitunistaller?

A:Programs and Features in Control Panel Customization

Quote: Originally Posted by RBCC

Can I redirect the Link in Control Panel that uninstalls a program to iobitunistaller?

Not that I know of. why not just create a shortcut and use that? I wouldnt use iobit in any case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/170268-programs-features-control-panel-customization.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hai...
I want to remove my program from Programs and Features list in windows 7 but not from hard disk.... only entry I want to remove..

please help somebody........

please.....

A:Remove Program from Programs and Features list

Programs and Features - Remove Uninstall Entry - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/218420-remove-program-programs-features-list.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I am having a problem with the Windows Update Error code 643 and believe I need to uninstall some versions of .Net Framework that are in conflict with each other. I am running Win 7 Pro, SP1. The "ONLY" version of .Net Framework shown in Control Panel>Programs and Features is V4.6.1. HOWEVER, when I run The dot net setup verification tool it validates virtually all versions on my system. My understanding is that v4 and any version of 4.5 can't co-exist, which would mean I need to uninstall them, but I can't do that because they are not listed as installed programs. Does anyone know how I can uninstall these versions so I can try to fix my update issues with updates to 4.6.1?

A:.NET Framework Versions Not Listed in Programs&Features

Check this website out, it might help you: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/uninstall-microsoft-net-framework-with-aaron-stebner-cleanup-tool/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/net-framework-versions-not-listed-in-programs-features.1168282/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi!
After completing a Toshibe laptop checkup, the Toshiba laptop program suggested I follow certain steps to help my laptop run faster. Among many other steps, they said to delete un-neccesary files in Programs and Feautures. I did, and I thought I didn't delete anything important, but now I can't connect to my wifi. I think it might be something I deleted. How do I re-install something from Programs and Features after it's been deleted?

A:How do I re-install things I've deleted from the Programs and Features

Hi and welcome to Seven Forum,
To recover the files that you have deleted, you can use this program Recuva to find them and then restore the files you need.
To restore your Wifi its best to use its original driver that came with the laptop to reinstall it, if you don't have the driver you need to search for it at Toshiba's homepage.

Tere is another option, where you can restore your Windows to an earlier time where it was functioning well (or before you deleted those files). You can easily follow this tutorial to walk you through it.
System Restore

But first see if the system restore has already been activated by using this tutorial.
System Restore - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/231227-how-do-i-re-install-things-ive-deleted-programs-features.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Okay where do I start In a nutshell but driver software in not Features there. and showing Programs the program for my wireless adapter appears in Programs and Features panel but it is not installed That's it in a nutshell but obviously that is not the crux of the problem Right in a little more detail Built my system installed Win bit home premium Plugged my netgear wg v in installed driver software showing in Programs and Features but not there. it via the software on cd with the product utilising compatibility mode Worked fine for days Hmm thinks me maybe I should update the driver and it may be a little faster onto the netgear site found the appropriate driver and downloaded it Installed updated it Now it does not work When I try to install it it tries to remove the original installation but then it says it is not there so it can not remove it and that is as far as it goes this is an infinite loop not actually what I mean is try to install says there is already an install so it must remove first tries to remove it says it is not there so can not driver software showing in Programs and Features but not there. remove try to install says there is already an install After trawling the internet for a solution I could not find anything applicable Anyway after several futile hours of trying to fix it I decided to do a system restore They always fail Separate issue lets driver software showing in Programs and Features but not there. just leave this one for now So I try to uninstall it through device manager with the same result I try to uninstall it through Programs and Features panel same result Okay starting to get a little frustrated now So i Search all the folders and delete all the netgear files and folders Try to install uninstall same result It is still listed in the Programs and Features panel but it is not there Try to delete it uninstall from the Programs and Features panel but it comes up this is only valid for installed programs So if it is not installed why the are you displaying it in the Programs and Features panel And why will you not let me uninstall update or install Yes I have admin rights yes I have tried it in safe mode yes I have rebooted straight after reinstall uninstall yes I know a new install of the os will do the trick and I can start from square one but I spent days installing software onto this machine after I built it and I really do not want to spend another doing it again I just want to get on to my home network the internet on this machine using this adapter but Win does not seem to want me to Any help would be appreciated

A:driver software showing in Programs and Features but not there.

Just to update this post I downloaded Revo uninstaller and uninstalled every trace of the install (the netgear wg111v3 install), registry entries the lot. I then reinstalled from disk and win 7 flagged up that there was an updated driver available and downloaded and installed that. Problem sorted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/146467-driver-software-showing-programs-features-but-not-there.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all
When I looked in Programs and Features I have this program: CCC Help Turkish
It doesn't have an unistall option.
I can't seem to find what it is used for. It doesn't even have a date when it was installed. I have looked on google but it doesn't seem to shed any light on what it can be. What is it and should I deleted it (if so how?!!)
Thanks

A:Weird program in programs and features: CCC Help Turkish

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/why-are-ccc-help-programs-languages-installed/369ac76f-d65b-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5?msgId=696a8256-075f-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

If you have ATI/AMD onboard video or video card...the CCC installs with the drivers. On this system, it appears on Add/Remove Programs as ATI Catalyst Control Center.

When the program installed, someone must have opted to have additional language packs installed.

I would just delete it, it's nonessential if you don't use Turkish. You can delete it just like any other folder...go to Explorer view, scroll down to Program Files/ATI...see if it's there.

The fact that it appears listed...doesn't mean that it's really currently installed...that can happen.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472277/weird-program-in-programs-and-features-ccc-help-turkish/
Relevancy 73.1%

The Programs & Features option of my Control Panel on Windows Vista no longer lists all my programs, and when I highlight one of the programs that does appear, the Uninstall option does not show up. How can I fix this? Thanks.

A:Control Panel Programs & Features problem

hello
here is a free uninstaller, it's better than windows, as it makes sure the program is fully uninstalled (from the registry also)....good luck
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/control-panel-programs-features-problem.896208/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello again everyone I have discovered something most peculiar Heres Uninstall In Features Option And Lost Programs the time line of events I reformatted my computer back to factory conditions Lenovo Thinkpad T on All I did during this day was install the OS install microsoft office install all microsoft updates install AIM and Windows Messenger Live On I installed Counterspy v purchased and ZA ISS Uninstall Option Lost In Programs And Features version on my computer A few days ago I go to quot Programs amp Features quot and the option to remove or quot uninstall quot a multitude of programs is not available the only ones that I can uninstall are ZA ISS version and other programs installed later meaning to present I went to the registry and checked the Uninstall folder and the only files there are for programs I installed after ZA ISS version and the values for Adobe Acrobat are changed from to I do not believe this could be due to any infection since the computer was only formatted less than weeks prior and to verify I've done scans with ZA ISS counterspy v superantispyware Uninstall Option Lost In Programs And Features avg antispyware bleep online and pandasecurity online I've also checked my current HiJack This log and compared it to the day after formatting all looks the same Did ZA some how remove all the registry items on accident Or as I've been reading other forums is this just bad luck because some program I uninstalled removed all the other registry items for the other programs The only programs I've uninstalled PRIOR to were Driver for my CD DVD drive because I had to get a new one reader was out Mozilla Firefox because for some reason I always have to install the program times After the st install and reboot I get this quot Chrome Registration Error quot for the last years So I uninstall it and reinstall Everything works afterwards When I go to the registry Start gt Run gt regedit and locate the folder containing the uninstall information for all the programs e g User Local Machine gt Current Version gt Microsoft gt Windows gt Uninstall the folder is empty except for programs installed after e g Zone Alarm Super antispyware Adobe Flash player AVG antispyware etc Anything installed from the format date to has the option to Uninstall missing e g Microsoft Office AIM MSN Live Counterspy v etc also not all the programs installed between these dates are listed like the AIM program is not listed with the rest and it looks pretty funkyFor example if u could see it programs that I've never seen listed before in the yrs i've used laptops are shown like preinstalled mCore mDriver for IBM the office items are all broken down into files some listing multiple languages Registry meltdown

A:Uninstall Option Lost In Programs And Features

From the screenshot, something has monkeyed with a part of your registry. Did you install CounterSpy and ZA with the default settings? Any other installations with other than default settings?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141794/uninstall-option-lost-in-programs-and-features/
Relevancy 73.1%

I was doing some year end HD cleanup and found three items in Programs and Features pertaining to Visual C ++. As far as I can remember, I never installed anything like that. I migrated from XP on this machine to Win & using the MS transfer tool. Don't remember the name of it but it worked fabulously and might have brought the items over from XP. Who knows?
The items are:
Visual C++2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x86
Visual C++2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x64

and

Visual C++ 8.0 Runtime Setup Package x64.

Can someone tell me if it is safe to remove these three items?

Thank you very much.

A:Visual C++ in Programs Features Safe to Remove?

Nothing to worry about, those files are needed by other programs and are updated by Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/203625-visual-c-programs-features-safe-remove.html