Windows Support Forum

Keyboard and Mouse lock up gaming

Q: Keyboard and Mouse lock up gaming

Hey all New user first post Mouse and gaming up Keyboard lock Please forgive me if there's a post about this before I did a search and didn't Keyboard and Mouse lock up gaming turn up anything quite like mine Ok so let's start with the system specs Self-built machine with Z chipset mobo Intel i - k processor Nvidia GTX gpu gb Corsair RAM power supply Keyboard and Mouse lock up gaming exceeds the needs of the system The symptoms While gaming my keyboard and mouse will sometimes freeze temporarily or permanently This usually happens when I'm playing League of Legends however it has started doing it with other games If it's a temporary freeze I'll notice a distinct framerate drop after it unfreezes and it will recover Keyboard and Mouse lock up gaming If it's permanent the keyboard and mouse will lock up the lights on both will blink on and off and I'll have to restart my computer to recover control Solutions I have tried Driver updates for anything and everything from USB to GPU drivers Anti-virus scans with free AVG check power loads on rails to ensure proper power supply About myself I built this machine myself I cannot say that I am the most computer proficient person out there but I consider myself to be much more competent than many As such I may have not checked something properly If anyone has any ideas then I'd greatly appreciate hearing them Cheers

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Keyboard and Mouse lock up gaming

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Keyboard and Mouse lock up gaming

Welcome,
Have you run any other scans - like Malware bytes Antimalware or Super AntiSpyWare?
Keyboard and mouse wired or wireless? If wireless are batteries fresh?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536984/keyboard-and-mouse-lock-up-gaming/
Relevancy 71.38%

My computer has developed a lock-up problem (Keyboard and Mouse Freezes)
It can happen randomly but it will also happen when I go into the "selection" process in Photoshop and I have tried to download the SP2 windows update and it locks up every time.I have changed from windows XP home to Pro,
put in all new memory,purged and reinstalled all programs. For a while it seemed OK, but gradually it started to do it again and is becoming more frequent. What causes lock-ups and what is likely doing it to me.

Flaray10

Relevancy 71.38%

keyboard and mouse lock up after the pc boots. But you can enter setup using the keyboard.
Itried in safe mode still they are locked up. this is driving me nuts. what should i do to over come the problem.
The pc is using windows xp service pack 2. Is a dell optiplex 755 intel(R) duo core 1.8 GHz @ with a Ram of 512.
thanks

A:keyboard and mouse lock up

Perhaps, check the Bios for Legacy USB device enabling.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-and-mouse-lock-up-385120.html
Relevancy 71.38%

This post may belong in games but i think it is a harware problem

my specs are...
intel p4 3.0ghz
radeon 9800 pro 128mb
80gb seagate baracuda
120gb seagate baracuda
512mb kingston kingmax ram
windows xp pro sp2
I am having trouble with my keyboard and mouse during games because after 5 mins to 15 mins of playing games it locks up and i have to reboot. It does not lock up at all untill you open a game but the thing i have discovered recently is if i press the off button and let it go logging off, saving your settings, shutting down, when it gets to shutting down it beeps and the mouse is able to move again.

i have all the latest drivers and i also have a hijack this log if it helps

please help,
i have been trying to fix this myself for 3 months and i still have gotten nowhere

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-lock-up.306076/
Relevancy 71.38%

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

My mouse and keyboard lock up like every 20 seconds. and sometimes they lock up completly and don't come back.
in between being locked up they run smoothly no jerky movment or anything. And when it locks up completly the stuff on the screen keeps going on as normal. eg. game keeps moving, movie keeps playing.

When they lock up temporarily everything I did with the mouse in the mean time happens right after I regain control.

The problem is not overheating.
I updated my mouse drivers so that is not problem.
I ran system monitor and the computer spiked to about 60% usage every time it happens.

I don't know is this is relivent but I tried to run scan disk and it restarted every time that happened.

I checked for viruses using McAfee and it found nothing

Relevancy 71.38%

I have an Acer Aspire Here mouse keyboard up and lock xp on for specs http reviews cnet com laptops acer-aspire- - - keyboard and mouse lock up on xp html One day whenever the thing would boot up it would get to the main windows screen then the keyboard and mouse would just get extremely sluggish To the point where one mouse move took minutes Then everything would lock up I booted with Knoppix live cd to pull out some files that I needed and then keyboard and mouse lock up on xp I used the system recovery disk that came with the computer to nuke and restart It only reformated the C drive I had the HD partitioned into c and d and then when the setup windows screens came up it everything locked up again The only thing I can think of is that what ever is causing the problem virus malware is on the D portion of the drive When I boot with Knoppix the keyboard and mouse work fine What are my options here Can I use the knoppix to reformat d in FAT or NTFS then go redo the system restore I m not too familiar with linux This live cd was suggested to me as a way to go in and rescue data nbsp

A:keyboard and mouse lock up on xp

Believe it or not, video drivers can cause mouse issues. Do you have the latest drivers for your video. You can also test to see if it's a video issue lowering hardware acceleration on the video card
This may take a while. Right click on desktop>properties>settings>advanced>troubleshoot tab at top. Now lower the slider one notch and click ok until out of the windows. You may have to reboot. Test and see if it helps, if it does then it's probably a driver issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-lock-up-on-xp.668116/
Relevancy 71.38%

When playing a game in Windows 98 (Half-Life), my mouse and keyboard locks up. The game continues running normally but i can't move, type or exit. I have to turn off my PC.

I have tried unplugging and replugging mouse and keyboard, which did not work.

Any ideas? Can i fix it?

Relevancy 70.52%

One of my computers Hp Pavilion a n My keyboard and mouse randomly lock up the intervals are as little as minutes to minutes or so I have Recently ran and mouse randomly up lock Keyboard a virus removal and removed some spy cookies with a current norton av I also Keyboard and mouse lock up randomly tried a bootcfg rebuild and to no avail The weird thing is the computer still operates after the keyboard and mouse stop working e g it does auto updates and norton scans the input just doesnt work I have recently tried a different keyboard and mouse but the same problem still occurs memtest passed I have tried safe mode as well and it still has the same issue and creating a new user didnt do anything either same issue presented itself Any help would be greatly appreciated This is my BelArc Advisor readout My first post not sure if all that is needed Thanks for all any efforts to assist me Operating System System Model Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack build HP Pavilion ED AA-ABA a n nx RE AMBEM System Serial Number CNH F T NA Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board ASUSTek Computer INC Amberine M Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HP DVD Writer b CD-ROM drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic USB Flash Disk USB Device GB -- drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive ST AS Hard drive GB -- drive Megabytes Installed Memory Slot 'A ' has MB Slot 'A ' is Empty Slot 'A ' is Empty Slot 'A ' is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d FAT on drive GB MB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon Administrator PM admin HP Administrator PM admin Owner PM admin local system accounts Guest never HelpAssistant never SUPPORT a never SUPPORT fddfa never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP PSC series on USB HP PSC series on IP Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Driver on Microsoft Document Imaging Writer Port Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Controllers Display Primary IDE Channel Controller x Secondary IDE Channel Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller x ATI RADEON XPRESS Series Display adapter LGE L WT Monitor quot vis March Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller x Realtek AC' Audio Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device Communications Other Devices Motorola SM Speakerphone Modem Net Adapter Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter WMP N primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address F F Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Dhcp Server none responded Physical Address D A ED AE Networking Dns Server VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller HID-compliant consumer control device HID-compliant device x USB Human Interface Device x HID Keyboard Device HID-compliant mouse USB Composite Device USB Mass Storage Device x USB Root Hub x Virus Protection Back to Top Norton AntiVirus Version Virus Definitions Version Rev Realtime File Scanning On Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes Back to Top These required security hotfixes using the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary were not found installed Note CIS benchmarks require that Critical and Important severity security hotfixes must be installed Q - Important details Q - Important details Installed Microsoft Hotfixes Back to Top NETFramework KB details S on details M on details Media Center SP MC UPD on details KB on details KB on details KB on details MSXML SP KB on details Office Professional Edition KB on details KB on details KB SP on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on deta... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-and-mouse-lock-up-randomly-290723.html
Relevancy 70.52%

When playing a game in Windows 98 (Half-Life), my mouse and keyboard lock up. The game continues running normally but i can't move, type or exit. I have to turn off my PC.

I have tried unplugging and replugging mouse and keyboard, which did not work.

Any ideas? Drivers/software? Or is it hardware? Can i fix it?

A:Mouse and Keyboard lock-up in game

by the way:

Windows 98
PII 350MHz
64meg RAM
Moster 3D II + Matrox Millenium II (2d card)
6gig and 2gig HD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-keyboard-lock-up-in-game.38005/
Relevancy 70.52%

Windows XP has decided in Keyboard/mouse Windows XP lock-up it doesn t like my Belkin F E wireless PS keyboard mouse combo I see the problem when I switch off my PC and then switch on again Restarts don t seem to bother it At the login screen my mouse works fine until I touch my keyboard Then both lock up--meaning all key strokes and mouse movement clicks are ignored Windows itself hasn t frozen I can shut down with a single press of the power switch I have tried a few things and discovered the following I can quot fix quot the problem by rebooting going into the BIOS setup and pressing F to save and exit Oddly I don t have to make any changes Keyboard/mouse lock-up in Windows XP to the BIOS--just save and exit Pressing escape to exit without saving doesn t work Of course this fix works only until my next reboot I can put in my Ubuntu DVD and run off the disc without any problems at all Hence this being posted to the Windows XP forum I tried out my kids USB keyboard mouse combo They work fine with my PC I borrowed a wired PS keyboard and wired PS mouse from work They also work fine with my PC In fact I can even use the wired PS keyboard from work with my troublesome Belkin mouse without any trouble but when I swap meaning I use the Belkin keyboard with mouse from work I see a similar problem Only the keyboard locks up not the mouse I will be very grateful and impressed if you guys can solve this one for me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-mouse-lock-up-in-windows-xp.743728/
Relevancy 70.52%

I've been running into problems as of late and i'm not quite sure what is wrong. I use a microsoft optical mouse and for some reason it stops working after a little bit of time. No power to the unit at all, red light doesnt come on. Less than a minute after it locks up on me my keyboard locks as well. When I reboot everything is fine for a bit then it happens again. I tried the mouse in the ps/2 port and usb port and same thing happens. I was thinking it might have been the psu that was replaced early last month but I have no clue heh. A normal ball mouse works fine in the system no lock ups as of yet.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Can a failing mouse lock up your keyboard?

That may be possible Iím using a Microsoft optical mouse on one of my systems it works fine, my dad gave it to me it did the same thing on his computer that it's doing on yours the only difference may be that he loaded the software that came with it, I didn't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-a-failing-mouse-lock-up-your-keyboard.138311/
Relevancy 69.66%

I thought being specific in my thread title would get specific help So I just rebuild my computer all new keyboard encountered. I've The ever weirdest mouse lock-up and parts My computer runs great way faster then my old rig A few days in my mouse and keyboard lock up at random I'm never doing anything specific and its not something that happens everyday Sometimes I can go days without it happening The part that confuses me is that nothing else is every effect I've had it happen when I'm watching a movie and the movie continues completley unaffected the system clock keeps going I've had it happen while listening to music and my music continues on forever etc you get the point The only way I can fix it The weirdest mouse and keyboard lock-up I've ever encountered. is The weirdest mouse and keyboard lock-up I've ever encountered. by resetting my computer from the front panel My mouse is am A Tech optical mouse Model Swop- I've had it for or years now without a single problem across mutiple rigs and multiple iteration of windows My keyboard is an old BenQ keyboard Model x I've only had it about a year but it used to belong to my buddy for a few years before that I've scoured the internet but nobody has had a mouse and keyboard lock up that didn't affect other parts of the computer I have a crazy tech guy Used to run a Geek Squad and he's a little stumped too

A:The weirdest mouse and keyboard lock-up I've ever encountered.

Hello and welcome Hades mate for the grief irt is causing for everyday stuff keyboards and mice are cheap just get new ones mate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277181-weirdest-mouse-keyboard-lock-up-ive-ever-encountered.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi there mouse and login up After lock my keyboard onboard i did a After login my onboard keyboard and mouse lock up quick search and i didn't see one like this So i have a toshiba laptop touch screen and i can log into it like i normally do but as soon as i do my num lock goes After login my onboard keyboard and mouse lock up on what ever After login my onboard keyboard and mouse lock up icon is in the bottom right corner of my desktop is gets checked off like the keyboard is holding down and right maybe i can plug in a usb mouse and keyboard and they both work but even if i uninstall the drivers for the laptops mouse and keyboard the num lock light is still on and still keeps the icon on my desktop lit up and when i was in device manager it would keep the last sublist selected and i had to right click on every thing to open the properties and uninstall or update drivers i can boot in to ubuntu live cd and all works fine i have tried so far system restore failed to complete system refresh keep files and setting failed to complete attach external keyboard and mouse and update drives didn't fix my full problem touch screen and mouse now work still now keyboard new user account new user has same issue fixes alot of win issues ran malwarebytes and superantispyware thinking it was virus caused im a computer technician normally i don't need help and always ask as a last resort only so if someone can help me it would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/52822-after-login-my-onboard-keyboard-mouse-lock-up.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I purchased the following and installed for a lock keyboard up random at mouse Solved: and friend emachines et - win desktop gb gb bit am using with her yr gateway monitor She s only been using this new system for about weeks The only additional software installed was aol -using dialup A few days ago she called me saying her mouse OR her keyboard would just lock up turning off on Solved: keyboard and mouse lock up at random pc was only way to get back Thought it was something regarding hibernation or sleep but today I had her turn Solved: keyboard and mouse lock up at random off pc then Solved: keyboard and mouse lock up at random back on When on the phone with her after turning back on everything was fine after she hit caps lock on keyboard mouse and keyboard froze yellow light on monitor I waited until system slept min just to see if could wake up-nothing keyboard and mouse still frozen yellow light on monitor Other times from what I could determine from talking to her it s always the keyboard starting the problem hitting random keys locks up keyboard which locks up mouse she stated she was replying to email aol and in the middle of typing keyboard locked then mouse locked at same time I am going there tomorrow and am going to look at keyboard connection into pc pins bent etc then at the drivers up to date ok other than that I have no idea what else to look for--any help would is appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

About 1 month ago I did a clean install of Windows 10 for the first time.

All has been well, until recently when my PC went to sleep, and when I woke it, the screen wouldn't wake up, so I had to hard reset it. At this point Windows installed some updates and it seemed to be ok.

Today I cold booted and when I got to the Windows 10 lock screen, the keyboard and mouse do not work. I can confirm that they do work at POST and in Windows 7 on my other drive. When I get the Windows 10 boot screen, the num lock light on the keyboard goes out as does the optical light on my mouse. Both are USB.

I've done some googling and so far I can only see options to reinstall windows, or restore it.

Windows 10 seems to be unusable now, can anyone help get this working?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-at-lock-screen-1093474.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello I m experiencing a problem with Windows where when I use a program such as windows lock Windows programs partially and keyboard! mouse up media player or msn the computer will lock up Windows programs partially lock up mouse and keyboard! the mouse and keyboard a couple minutes later Although it is not a complete lock up I am still able to move the mouse I just can t click anything and with the keyboard I can use some shortcuts like CTRL ALT DELETE and the windows key still makes the menu from the bottom left to come up although I can t use ALT TAB or ALT F If I log out when it is locked up and log back in it will remain locked up If I restart the computer entirely Windows programs partially lock up mouse and keyboard! it works fine until I run the programs again It will not lock up with any games though which I ve found weird but some other programs such as itunes will lock up At first I thought it would be something with my sound becuase I first experienced it with windows media player but after it locked up with only msn live running I m pretty sure it is a Windows issue Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-programs-partially-lock-up-mouse-and-keyboard.565685/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have multiple computers with the Win bit update On Mouse Keyboard click or Exit Lock - Screen two of the computers if I enter the lock screen by using the Start-L keyboard shortcut I can exit the lock screen and enter the log on screen by clicking the mouse or Exit Lock Screen - Keyboard or Mouse click hitting a key However if there has been an extended period of time e g overnight on one computer I can only exit the lock screen by pressing a mouse button On another computer I can only exit the lock screen by hitting the keyboard I would like it to be able to use either Exit Lock Screen - Keyboard or Mouse click to exit the lock screen Exit Lock Screen - Keyboard or Mouse click Some deltas Computer mouse exit works has wireless bluetooth mouse and keyboard Computer keyboard exit works has a wireless keyboard but it is IR so the IR receiver is tied to a USB port The mouse is a Wacom mouse that works with my drawing tablet The tablet is attached via USB I upgraded both computers from WinXP bit and did not have this issue Any ideas I'm thinking the devices must be entering some quiescent state when 'off' for a period of time but like I said this did not happen with XP Pauley

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40384-exit-lock-screen-keyboard-mouse-click.html
Relevancy 68.8%

This has never happened to me before My speakers make a really loud crackling noise and then my keyboard and mouse lock up requiring me to reboot This has happened twice in a row now The only programs I had in the background both times were NIS Pro NAV Pro and lock then up Mouse sound Loud Keyboard Crackling amp mIRC I have just done a clean install of my video and sound Loud Crackling sound then Keyboard and Mouse lock up drivers using DriverCleaner and CabCleaner Hope this list helps Hardware cpu athlon xp default speeds video ati radeon pro default speeds dimm mb corsair xms pc ram default speeds amp dual channel enabled dimm unused dimm mb twinmos nanya pc ram default speeds amp dual channel enabled motherboard leadtek winfast k ncr d pro nforce monitor ipex inch usb thrustmaster firestorm dual analog usb gamepad usb empty serial port disabled serial port swannsmart turbo k serial external modem kbps printer port disabled psu thermaltake silent purepower atx w Drivers directX b sound acceleration highest catalyst beta defaults nforce without sw ide drivers monitor plug amp play drivers OS windows xp pro sp Loud Crackling sound then Keyboard and Mouse lock up amp all critical updates virtual memory mb performance options best appearence background procceses running available ram mb refresh force enabled hz display x pixels bitcolor refreshrate hz personal firewall nortons internet security professional antivirus program nortons antivirus professional Bios memory prefetch disabled fastwrites enabled agp mhz usb turning disabled memory timing optimal Ide ide gb rpm st a seagate hard drive primary master ultra dma ide x x msi ms- dragonwriter lite edition cdrw secondary master ultra dma Tempretures system c cpu c nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi guys. I am looking for a new gaming mouse & keyboard for my pc

any suggestions?

money is not a problem

A:Gaming Mouse & Keyboard

Heyy, welcome to Vista Forums!
I would have a look at Razer and Logitech, they sell some nice gear, and the designs look amazing.
For gaming, I've just got a Logitech wireless Playstation2 controller plugged into an adapter to USB, does me perfect.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/283859-gaming-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Can anyone help me out here? I'm looking for a simple app I can run from my system tray, that when a certain hotkey is pressed, blocks all keyboard and mouse input, only unlocking it with a certain password (or hotkey press). It'd be a lifesaver and I'd love a suggestion.

A:Looking for a program that can lock keyboard/mouse input, and unlock with a hotkey?

Hi & Welcome!

Ah, keyloggers are against the rules if that's what you're implying.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/looking-for-a-program-that-can-lock-keyboard-mouse-input-and-unlock-with-a-hotkey-376423.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I was on Amazon com looking at the Logitech gaming mice and keyboards In particular this keyboard http www amazon com Logitech- - TF amp coliid I HFPICXO YVFH amp colid CXCNQ RANJ And this mouse http www amazon com gp product B amp creative amp creativeASIN B J GDXI I ve never owned a gaming mouse or keyboard before So I am wondering what the benefits really are in gameplay Starting questions keyboard and Gaming mouse off with the mouse I can t recall what my Microsoft laser mouse DPI is but I m sure it s nowhere near the of the Logitech gaming mouse above How much difference does that really make say when playing a shooter How does it affect gameplay Is it Gaming keyboard and mouse questions easier to aim quickly and accurately Does it help you to play better There must be some reason people like them I d like to understand how beneficial they are As for all the extra buttons I don t honestly see myself using them Do people really find all those buttons on a mouse helpful What for What do people activate with them On to the Logitech gaming keyboards The one I linked above I think is their entry level model I like the backlit keys feature That is pretty cool Some of the other stuff seems pretty useless to me personally The defining feature of this keyboard really seems to be the macro keys So the question is what are they good for I m trying to imagine what I d want to macro in a shooter for example What would I want to macro playing some RPG What would I want to macro playing World of Warcraft Once again people like these a lot for some reason but I am honestly clueless about what specifically it is So please enlighten the clueless Thanks a lot for any feedback on this stuff I appreciate it nbsp

A:Gaming keyboard and mouse questions

The mouse buttons can come in handy for things like reloading during gameplay. Hitting the mouse button with your thumb can certainly be quicker than hitting it with a finger on the keyboard.

The sensitivity and the acceleration (measured in G's, for g force) can be quite important, but so is having a good quality mouse mat to go with it. Ultimately speaking the higher the rating the more accurate the mouse is, and how sensitive it is to movement during gameplay.

Having adjustable DPI settings can be useful for things like sniping, where you can knock it down a touch to make the scope sight move slower. I use my Logitech G9 mouse at the highest setting all the time, but the option to reduce it on the fly can be handy some times.

As for the keyboard, those extra buttons could be used to perform multi-button actions during gameplay, or just used to perform certain functions in replacement of the existing keyboard buttons in use.

I must admit that having owned many gaming keyboards, I've ever really used the macro functions, so someone else would probably be better explaining this.

The backlit keys are indeed very helpful, especially in late night gaming sessions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-keyboard-and-mouse-questions.177732/
Relevancy 67.94%

After a long 4 years using the Logitech Dinovo Bluetooh mouse and keyboard set, i've noticed this set aint that good for gaming. Also the thing keeps loosing sycn once in awhile.

So i've been looking, and i have found a mice and a keyboard of my liking, but i have two of each, and need some knowledgeable people to help me decide on which would be good.

Keyboard: Logitech G15 Version2, or Razer Lycosa keyboard

Mouse: Razer lectheis, or Razer Copper head

Those are it lol.

Thanks in advance.

A:Decision help on Gaming keyboard/mouse!

I've heard good things about the Saitek Eclipse keyboards, or the Saitek Cyborg keyboard if you can afford it.

And for mouse, the Saitek Cybgorg mouse is very good, but expensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/decision-help-on-gaming-keyboard-mouse.98098/
Relevancy 67.94%

I got a nice big gift card for X-mas and want to get a new keyboard/mouse combo. I was wondering if there is any problems with wireless keyboards/mice and gaming. I play shooters/RPG/RTS/Simulations, pretty much all genre. Does anyone know of any good ones to get??

A:Wireless keyboard/mouse and gaming...

My advice, get one with a rechargeable mouse, there is nothing worse than your mouse not working because the batteries have died, other than that, I doubt you'll notice a difference between wired and wireless as long as you have the only set in the house.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-mouse-and-gaming.664779/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi. First post here, so please excuse me if I've posted this in the wrong subforum.

When playing games, I can't use the keyboard and click on the mouse at the same time. I have to first stop using the keyboard, then wait a few seconds, then be able to click with the mouse.

Any ways to fix this? It's really irritating when playing, especially with those shooter games. Sniping isn't really my speciality

Thanks,
B

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/51642-keyboard-mouse-wont-work-together-when-gaming.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I recently bought a HP Pavilion 15 n083sa, All is well with the system until I load an 3D games.

When moving using the WASD keys, I am unable to pan using the mouse pad, this makes it impossible to play many of my favourite games.

I've looked in the control panel and mouse settings and can't find any obvious solution, (I was hoping for a tickbox saying Disable mousepad while typing but there isn't one)

Am I missing something? I need these things to work simultaneously for gaming.

Thanks all!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-will-not-move-when-using-keyboard-gaming.1116066/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hiya,

I debated for about 5-10 minutes whether this would be a hardware or a games thread... Whilst technically the thread is concerning hardware advice it's more to do with their correlation to games?

Plus I figured regular Games forum go-ers might have slightly more experience in this field

Simple question really, I'm looking for a decent gaming mouse and keyboard, as all my life I've had boring simple keyboards and mice and this bottom of the line wireless Logitech is just embarrassing now!

Looking to spend about £70? Maybe a little more if the cost:quality ratio is higher, not necessarily looking for a definite combo, ie, if you can recommend a mouse and then a separate keyboard for the same price then go ahead

Thanks in advance,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum xD

Chris

Relevancy 67.94%

I've got my mind set on buying these parts so you would need a pretty solid argument to get me to change, i would just like to hear what you think about these parts and if theres something genuinely bad about them that might make me want to choose something else.

Keyboard: Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110 - USB - $59.99

Mouse: Logitech G700 910-001436 Gaming Mouse - USB, Laser, 5,700 dpi, Black - $79.99

A:Thoughts on my keyboard and mouse?(gaming)

Well for "real gaming" I couldn't live without my N52 gaming keypad (Seperate keypad for gaming, not a keyboard).

I then have an earlier version of thet KB just for the backlighting but I don't use anyoff the gaming features on it really, but otherwise a decent KB.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/130116-thoughts-my-keyboard-mouse-gaming.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I have tried everything I Freezing gaming Keyboard/Mouse during can to fix this and now I m at the end of the rope I hate to ask for help as I realize this is done on a voluntary basis I however appreciate any help you give and thank you in advance My mouse and keyboard keep freezing when playing games It will not freeze on games such as pokerstars full tilt poker and pogo It will freeze on WOW worldwinner and such I have tried using different mice and keyboards I have adware spybot AVG and Windows Firewall activated I have done scans checked device manager performed windows update and I may Keyboard/Mouse Freezing during gaming be forgetting a few things but please see logs as requested and I will patiently await a response Thanks Much HJThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Sony Content Transfer ContentTransferWMDetector exe C Windows System wpcumi exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Aware exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SCServer SCServer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Users cfusse Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO BrowserHelper Class - A D F - B- FE -ABEB- B E E CD - C Program Files SGPSA SearchAssistant dll file missing O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll ... Read more

Relevancy 67.51%

I need a new keyboard and mouse for my pc.
It is a windows 10. The specs are on my profile.

I am going to get a gaming mouse and keyboard. Under ?100 if possible.

Can I get any sort? Are they plug and play?
Any recomendations? Any to avoid?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64668-gaming-keyboard-mouse-advice-needed.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I've not found much information while conducting a search here on LogiTech Drivers. From what I understand LogiTech isn't creating drivers for Windows 7 Beta, should I just use the Vista versions despite getting a Compatiability Message?

A:LogiTech, G5 Gaming Mouse & Wave Keyboard

Yes. Vista drivers work on Windows 7. There should be no fear at all.
Also, if you want to help the drivers, install it in compatibility mode :
Right click on the install file, then properties.
Then, click on "Compatibility" tab then check "Run in compatibility" mode and select Windows Vista SP1
Click OK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/13095-logitech-g5-gaming-mouse-wave-keyboard.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I was infected by the Antivirus soft expletive Here is my original description Still can t log into windows normally My keyboard and mouse stop responding at the login screen and the cursor freezes Fortunately they still work in safe mode Hello brand new to this so sorry if this is posted incorrectly Problem tried to download soft login normal mouse Antivirus and lock screen at infection, keyboard up harddrive cloning program to fix my laptop that was indicating an eminent hd failure Got infected with Antivirus Soft Realized it immediately Downloaded PC Tools Internet Security and paid for it according to instructions I found online with another computer Those instructions said run scan before rebooting computer but the program said the computer needed Antivirus soft infection, keyboard and mouse lock up at normal login screen to be restarted to work Against Antivirus soft infection, keyboard and mouse lock up at normal login screen my better judgement I restarted the computer When windows login screen came up both the keyboard and mouse froze before I could enter my password Would not move Antivirus soft infection, keyboard and mouse lock up at normal login screen or allow any data entry just hung up Searched for possible ways to fix this and everything indicated to boot into safe mode which I did and fortunately both keyboard and mouse work in safe mode Ran system scan with pc tools and it found some of the antivirus soft problems along with whatever else it found Further researched these problems and came across malwarebytes anti-malware and downloaded it Ran that a few times and it found some of the same stuff Came across this website and youtube solutions describing the combofix so I ran that too The computer still works in safe mode but keyboard and mouse still lock when I try to logon normally Also last time I tried google searches in safe mode I experienced the redirect problems others describe Any help fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated Also if anyone knows who made this GD virus I would be happy to break their fingers off so they can never create anything like this again Thanks in advance for any help Computer is HP media center n xp media center edition sp i believe AMD dual core gb ram radeon video etc Since running malwarebytes remover and pc tools scans several times it seems that the antivirus soft has re-appeared only once in safe mode and a subsequent malwarebytes run seems to have cured that At that same time the web browser was doing that crazy re-direct thing I have not tried google search since re-running the malwarebytes and combofix for fear of having the same thing re-appear For now I was able to create this log and run all your requested scans in safe mode Sorry for running combofix on my own You know how it is me against the computer and I wanted to win all by myself but this problem is obviously too complex for me and I appreciate immensely any help you are willing to give Hopefully this description is sufficient If you need anything please ask and I will do my best to provide it Thank you Brian Requested logs hope I did this right DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by HP Administrator at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Internet Security Anti-Virus On-access scanning disabled Updated D C B -C DC- F- EF - AF A EFF FW Norton Internet Worm Protection disabled F - CEE- EA-A A-D ADD EA E FW Internet Security Firewall disabled BF FEC-A BE- D-BDD - CC ED Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Documents and Settings HP Administrator Desktop Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uStart Page hxxp www google com mSearch Bar hxxp ie redir... Read more

A:Antivirus soft infection, keyboard and mouse lock up at normal login screen

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEmsconfigsafebootminimalactivexdrivers32netsvcs%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.syssymmpi.sysadp3132.sysmv61xx.sysnvraid.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318780/antivirus-soft-infection-keyboard-and-mouse-lock-up-at-normal-login-screen/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I've had a series of problems with my computer lately First of all sometimes while playing games with high graphics the monitor will lose signal and there seems nothing I can do to fix it besides restart Strangely enough keyboard together Monitor gaming; mouse randomly signal and loses while die after dusting the computer out and pulling out and putting in the RAM I haven't had this problem anymore but I am worried it will come back and I wonder what the cause of the signal loss was Also the keyboard and mouse sometimes both die on me no matter what I am doing on the computer The monitor will still work after this happens Also I've just noticed that my computer says I only have GB ram when Monitor loses signal while gaming; keyboard and mouse randomly die together in fact I have GB installed Not sure if that's related Any ideas on the cause of these problems and if they are related My computer is about years old a Digital Storm computer Intel Core i CPU GHz GB RAM but says only GB GeForce FTX card Windows Vista SP W power supply fans Thank you for your help

A:Monitor loses signal while gaming; keyboard and mouse randomly die together

As an update, my computer got a BSoD while watching a movie on netflix. I also ran a MEMTEST and no errors...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/monitor-loses-signal-while-gaming-keyboard-and-mouse-randomly-die-together-688476.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi My errors are a freezing cursor - dead mouse on every other reboot and With file transfers from one HDD to another I will frequently get a system lockup of Windows forcing me Windows to and Transfering HDD on Lock-Up boot) (not HDD. Files there Mouse Lock-Up to reboot hard reboot My System is CLEAN of viri and trojan as wella s spyware I Have WinXP Pro Sp Running Zone Alarm Pro v Eset NOD v Webroot Spysweeper for coookies and alt scans Spyware Doctor v resident and Trojan Hunter v Mouse Lock-Up (not there on boot) and Windows Lock-Up Transfering Files HDD to HDD. also resident on boot I am also booting and browsing with Pop-Up Stopper Pro My Hardware Abit NF -S rev Athlon Barton core Best OCZ Mhz RAM - Gb in dual channel Audigy Pro for sound Latest drivers for all quot to best of my knowledge quot Any Helpers More on Mouse Lock-Up (not there on boot) and Windows Lock-Up Transfering Files HDD to HDD. the file tranfer lock-ups The two other drives are Seagate drives and identicle They're Gb each I have not reformated them since my last Windows reinstall - they were detected right off Could be Windows isnt seeing those drives for what they are Even worse a bus problem Thank you in advance

A:Mouse Lock-Up (not there on boot) and Windows Lock-Up Transfering Files HDD to HDD.

have you tryed running safemode? is it the same?
run a chkdsk: start > My Computer > right click the drive u want to scan > properties > tools > error checking - Check Now > put tick in both boxes > click start > click to scedule on next boot > restart

see if it returns any errors or corrects this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-lock-up-not-there-on-boot-and-windows-lock-up-transfering-files-hdd-to-hdd-72456.html
Relevancy 58.05%

--

Hello.

I need a mouse lock / pointer lock button on my website like this one called Interactive Example in the link.
Work only in FF or chrome.

http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/pointerlock/intro/

I can't find the script in the web page so maybe you can find it?
Or can anybody tell me how to get a Mouse lock / pointer lock script that generate the mouse coordinate view?

Regards MagI
--

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-lock-pointer-lock-button.1097027/
Relevancy 56.33%

Is there what is considered the best software for registry and pc error problems? PCpitstop is one that I know of and PCBiginner is another. My computer started getting slow then it started losing the mouse and locking up and the mouse is slow to react and the curser is jumpy.

A:Diagnostic software for lock ups jumpy mouse curser and mouse is slow to react.

Good Morning mayersr, I don't know of software applicable for this kind of problem apart from malware products.
Are you aware this symptom is very likely a viral kind of problem.
What is the system and specs and what kind of malware and A/V do you have?
Cheers, qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diagnostic-software-for-lock-ups-jumpy-mouse-curser-and-mouse-is-slow-to-react.490847/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello First thanks for creating a place for Gaming BSODs, Lock-ups or and Not people to better understand their OS installs Also thanks to anyone who's bothering to read other people's threads and help strangers with computer issues I've gotten a couple BSODs recently but much more frequently things just lock-up By quot lock up quot I mean the mouse cursor won't move When it quot locks up quot in games audio will loop and stutter I can't ctrl-alt-del and I can't ctrl-shift-esc Sometimes this happens with just firefox open sometimes I'll just be in iTunes and my computer gives up I know those programs are resource hogs but my Lock-ups and BSODs, Gaming or Not crappy Dell should be able to handle it I cannot seem to reproduce the problem willingly and it seems to happen less likely if the computer's been on for a long time I suppose I noticed these somewhat recently I was getting a lot of quot AMD display driver stopped working and has recovered quot messages which sometimes meant a freeze sometimes just Lock-ups and BSODs, Gaming or Not annoyingly flickered the display I google that and someone suggested I extend the retry time several seconds by altering a registry entry I did so and the previous symptoms seemed to get replaced by BSODs and frusterating lock-ups I've since installed the lastest AMD beta drivers unsure if my registry tampering ever reverted I Lock-ups and BSODs, Gaming or Not also noticed my quot PCI fan quot may not have been operating perhaps some component overheated I'm stubbornly hoping it's not permanent hardware failure it's only just over yrs old Jan ' Any suggestions or insight would be most appreciated thanks for reading As my computer purchase indicates I still have plenty to learn No idea what specs might be relevant without reading systeminfo txt Win Home Premium x Alienware Dell yeah yeah I know i GHz Crossfire HD

A:Lock-ups and BSODs, Gaming or Not

I know it's a long shot, and I can't reproduce any issues on demand, but thanks for checking my thread out.

This is my first and will be my last shameless bump

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329431-lock-ups-bsods-gaming-not.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Anytime i play a game like Grand Theft auto 5 , titanfall, ETC pc will 100% lock up where i have to hold the power button to restart or it will stay like that

i included BSOD logs and a few other logs in the .ZIP file any help will be awesome.

Thanks

A:Computer Lock's up when gaming

Hi Rick, the good news is all of your BSODs point to one culprit, the bad news is your CPU is likely going bad, probably the L2 Cache.

Code:
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:0x124_genuineintel_processor_cache

Code:
9: kd> !errrec ffffe000acef3028
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ ffffe000acef3028
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01d07785ab0647f5
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 4/15/2015 16:41:13 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000000

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ ffffe000acef30a8
Section @ ffffe000acef3180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 2
CPU Version : 0x00000000000306e4
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000009

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ ffffe000acef30f0
Section @ ffffe000acef3240
Offset : 536
Length : 128

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000009
CPU Id : e4 06 03 00 00 08 20 09 - bf e3 be 7f ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ ffffe000acef3240

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ ffffe000acef3138
Section @ ffffe000acef32c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264

Error : GCACHEL2_ERR_ERR (Proc 9 Bank 20)
Address : 0x0000000237664940
Misc. : 0xdcfe285088800086

There are only a few things to rule out before we point all the blame on your CPU

1. Ensure you are not overclocking in any way until we have a stable system. Check the inside of the PC and make sure you have proper airflow. Clean the inside out with a can of air or low powered vacuum to remove any built up dust. Monitor temperatures

2. Restore your BIOS settings to default
Note: This is not your PC but the instructions are similar to load BIOS defaults.
How to Reset the System Setup (BIOS) back to Default on the Alienware X51 | Dell US

I would consider removing Norton and enabling Windows Defender

Use Revo to uninstall Norton
Completely Uninstall Programs And More With Revo Uninstaller

Enable Windows Defender
Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 8

With nearly all of your crash dumps pointing to the same problem, if the above doesn't work, I would replace the CPU

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/64616-computer-locks-up-when-gaming.html
Relevancy 52.46%
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all this is my first post I ve run out of ideas with this particular problem and was hoping someone might give me some advice I ve just built a new PC Abit AN Fatal ty SLi motherboard GB Corsair PC LL RAM x GB X XFX GeForce GTX graphics cards SLi mode Athlon San Diego Seasonic S SLi certified W PSU Abit AudioMAX soundcard - supplied with MoBo Sony DRU- A DVD-RW Samsung Gaming Rig Problem Lock-Up - New Built GB SATA HDD Mitsumi in media and floppy drive Windows XP New Built Gaming Rig - Lock-Up Problem Home SP The PC runs fine in everyday tasks and ran through DMark with no problems scoring ish New Built Gaming Rig - Lock-Up Problem When I play resource-hungry games - Far Cry F E A R demo Half Life - the rig will get so far into a game and just freeze up There is no lag no performance drop prior to the crash - it just instantly freezes the sound goes like a stuck CD and there s no way out other than the reset switch It happens even at less-than-maximum video settings in these games - though it does seem to run Call of Duty UO without any problems I have done many test runs to identify the problem and cannot pin it down The problem is not Temperatures CPU temps and GPU temps are well within manufacturer s recommendations even at the times of the crashes Drivers All device drivers are up-to-date as of today BIOS Motherboard BIOS is current Bad connections All connections are good and all cards are seated properly The crashes occur with SLi mode enabled AND disabled One thing I have noted is that the lower I have the video settings in a game the longer it runs without crashing Usually Does anyone have any ideas how I can pinpoint the problem - nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

hey guys, i'm thinking about picking up something like this:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=043

i see a lot of gaming keyboards out there and was wondering how they're better? do they just have more buttons to allow for more macros?

thanks guys

Relevancy 51.17%

hi there my mouse jumps around the screen and upon restart neither my mouse moving mouse restart, not working Solved: keyboard trojan? irradically, on and mouse or my keyboard would work without unplugging them and re-plugging Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan? them in also i have alot of suspicious processes running that wont turn off and my internet is very jumpy and pages take along time to load below is my HJT log thanks for looking Hello there thank you for taking the time to help me i really appreciate it below is my HJT log file i also have an active scan log file which found a trojan i believe any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan? C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Airlink AWLH WLService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Airlink AWLH WLanCfgG exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system mspmspsv exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINNT system wscntfy exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C WINNT system SNDVOL EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgwb dat C WINNT system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll file missing O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINNT IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ID EYTHM C PROGRA COMMON Adobe ADOBEV Server bin VERSIO EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AirPort Base Station Agent quot C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe quot O - HKCU Run RealPlayer quot C Program Fil... Read more

A:Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-moving-irradically-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-on-restart-trojan.761670/
Relevancy 51.17%

After about 1 minute the mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until I left click mouse. Tool bar on browser also greys out but comes back after left click. Video and sound also are choppy. Not sure if this is related. Flash keeps crashing. Any ideas whats wrong? Windows 7 pro. Asus desktop. This occurs on Firefox, Chrome and IE. This seemed to start after Microsoft update and Flash updates

A:Mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until left click of mouse

Hello mpmckee,

First run Antivirus, Malware, and Spyware scans. Remove anything the programs find.

Note: if you need some suggestions on which tools to use, let me know.

Afterwards, test functionally of mouse and keyboard.

If no change, run System Restore, choose a Restore point before the issue started.

Again test behavior of mouse and keyboard.

If the issue has been resolved, go ahead and reinstall windows Updates.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307791-mouse-scroll-keyboard-stop-working-until-left-click-mouse.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using windows 8.1.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Tab HardwareIn list Devices is null.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Tab Hardware
In list Devices is null.
How to fix this error.
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990117
Relevancy 51.17%

I purchased an Asus ET2410IUTS-5 All-In-One PC. It came with a wireless full keyboard and mouse combo. The keyboard works fine but the mouse does nothing. All properties say both devices are installed and working properly but the mouse still does nothing. Model number on each device is as follows:
Keyboard - AK1L
Mouse - AM1L
Receiver - AR1L

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 51.17%

Is there a way to assign the ALT+TAB key combination to a mouse button in the Mouse & Keyboard Center?
I select the "Key Commands"-> "Key Combination" field but I can not find a way to enter a
TAB keystroke.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Assiging ALT+TAB to a mouse button with the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center?

I changed the timing on the TAB press to 1 second. Still doesn't work.
Here is how it looks now:

I just remembered that we have seen this deficiency before.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/switch-window-mouse-macro-no-longer-works-on/4921ad4e-93b8-4dea-8884-dda2ce642060 
Sorry for the confusion.

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d0a5e241-00bc-49e7-9356-8459dc00e5a0/assiging-alttab-to-a-mouse-button-with-the-microsoft-mouse-amp-keyboard-center?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.17%

I got a wireless mouse Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse | Posturite. It is supposed to use generic windows 2.4 Ghz adapter. However, windows 7 is unable to find any drivers. The screenshot of device manager is appended. I tried various other ways e.g. take out other USB devices, reboot etc. I tried sfc /scannow . But the error persists. There is no usb.inf file in the C:\Windows . It works in Windows 8 machine but not in windows 7. other 2.4 Ghz mice work. The manufacturer says that they don't provide the drivers because the mouse uses generic drivers
Please advise what can be done.

A:2.4 Ghz wireless keyboard mouse driver not found (Penguin mouse)

Did you do a Search of the Windows Folder including subFolders and hidden Files? My Win7Ult has several such files but only 2 that are usb.inf only in subFolders of Windows, others have longer names but most appear to be associated with my AMD CPU/Gigabyte Motherboard setup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/341712-2-4-ghz-wireless-keyboard-mouse-driver-not-found-penguin-mouse.html
Relevancy 50.74%

This only seems to happen when playing games in fullscreen widescreen mode 720p, if I run them windowed in the same resolution no black screen hard lock. I have tried swapping video cards. I have reinstalled windows. I have updated bios. I have tried different driver versions for vid card. Ran memtest86+ 2 passes no errors...Don't know what else it might be besides motherboard or psu...

OSwindows 7 home premiumCPUintel i7 920Motherboardgigabyte ex58 ud3r rev 1.6Memory6gig corsair dominator ramGraphics Card(s)xfx radeon 5750Sound Cardonboard realtekMonitor(s) Displays32" 720p panasonic viera tvHard Drivesraided 1tb barracudasPSU700w ocz modular power suppplyCaseantec 900Coolingcoolit cpu cooler

A:black screen hard lock crash during fullscreen gaming

Mesososo, Was this a past issue even before the installation of Windows 7?
If so, this issue could be caused due to the fact your graphics driver does not fit the needs to play the game in full screen. This issue could be resolved by upgrading your graphics driver in your pc.

If games worked fine before the installation of Windows 7, Then you could be missing drivers and I would recommend you to locate drivers for your specific graphics card and download/install them.

Past Experience

I've had this issue before running Windows XP, which was due to the fact my graphics card did not fit the needs to play the online game. I had to upgrade the graphics card which did cost money ($$$) but is worth it if you would like to play the games in full screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/60289-black-screen-hard-lock-crash-during-fullscreen-gaming.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I want keyboard laptop all-in-one I into trackpad my and want turn keyboard an and mouse to to remove the monitor basically gut it and turn the keyboard and trackpad of my laptop into a keyboard with built-in mouse for my desktop It s an old laptop that I was I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse thinking about throwing away anyway so I might as well turn it into something useful look at attachment I want be able to connect that to my desktop with USB and be able to use I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse it as both keyboard and mouse have both I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse the keyboard and trackpad work My desktop is right next to my bed so I sometimes swing the monitor around and put the keyboard and mouse on the bed But it s damn hard to use a mouse when you have bedsheets and blankets and other stuff that s soft as a surface Also I can t have any compatibility problems it needs to work with all systems in my house that I may want to connect it to Mac OS Windows XP Vista and Linux Ubuntu and Fedora nbsp

A:I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

would anyone happen to know, and can give me a step-by-step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-turn-my-laptop-keyboard-and-trackpad-into-an-all-in-one-keyboard-and-mouse.785581/
Relevancy 49.88%

my mouse is lock and i dont know what to do.
my Fn + F9 key doesn't work to unlock my mouse
please help me
i recovery my computer before and now my Fn + F9 doesn't work but i dont know why my mouse lock up in the first place.

A:Mouse lock up

"i recovery my computer"

Did you re-install the Hot Key driver pack?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-lock-up.120595/
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently built a computer and installed Windows x I can post the computer specs if necessary but I think this issue is more OS related This problem didn t start until the computer was Lock-ups Mouse - weeks old The mouse will lock up for just second to a second and then the quot plug and play quot sound will play the one when you remove a USB flash drive for example This occurs Mouse Lock-ups a few times an hour I can t really correlate it to anything else occurs in games while browsing the internet etc I m pretty sure this is some sort of USB issue I tried to google this a bit and all of the fixes I found don t work for me I have the computer in quot high performance quot under power options and I have the quot usb selective suspend setting quot disabled under power options Switching the USB port did not make a difference My mouse is a Logitech MX and it is connected via USB nbsp

A:Mouse Lock-ups

Sounds like you may have a bad connection to the mouse.
Try a different USB port.
If that doesn't help,there may be a bad connection in
the mouse cable.
Might try a different mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-lock-ups.908963/
Relevancy 49.88%

I just bought a pc from a man desperate for money and there's a mouse lock on it. I just want to get to DOS to reformat the pc, but can't get past the mouse lock which needs a password. Is there a way to do this?

Relevancy 49.88%

Recently installed xp and grabbed all latest drivers and DX. Only now in FPS type games my keyboard locks up on a particular button when moving. It can usually be stopped by pressing pause or escape and going into and out of the menus but its pretty annoying as you can imagine.

Any ideas? It's just a generic ps2 keyboard with the plug and play driver.

A:Keyboard lock up

That weird perhaps updating the keyboard driver or looking in the Keyboard area in the control panel perhaps they have options in there that can stop this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-lock-up-35701.html
Relevancy 49.88%

one employee is having difficulty with his dell latitude d510. When he logs onto the domain the keyboard locks, however the mouse is still functional. The keyboard usually unlocks with a reboot, however not all the time, sometimes it unlocks the keyboard by just waiting several minutes, again not all the time. There are several data aquisition programs running at start up (geotechnical instrumentation programs). I recently cloned the hard drive to one with a larger memory (as his old one has less than 2% available memory), the hard drive has also been put in a different laptop, same model (latitude d510). The problem occured with both hard drives and both laptops. I have also updated the driver and run diagnostics test for the system, but nothing has come up. Any ideas on how to go about solving this problem? any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-lock-268004.html
Relevancy 49.88%

In Windows XP I want to leave the computer logged on, but lock the keyboard so that others can not use it. Is there a simple way to do that?
Thanks

A:How do I lock the keyboard?

I have never had an occasion to do this but you can try this.

Just hold down the windows logo key and press L and it will take you straight to the logon screen, then it doesn't matter what anyone presses unless they know the password.

If this doesn't work go to Google.com That is where i found this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-lock-the-keyboard-94076.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Lately I've been having troubles with my Logitech Optical Mouse. It's been locking up on me, I've tried everything and I can't get it to unlock and the batteries aren't dead. Can anyone help?

A:Optical Mouse Lock Up?

Try unplugging it, and plugging it back in. Does the optical light actually turn off?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/optical-mouse-lock-up.15795/
Relevancy 49.45%

Basically I have a dell 4600
Keyboard works in bios but any input after xp bootup causes lockup(movies and other things will still run but i just cant move mouse)
Iv tried replacing kbdclass and i8042prt from an identical comp but no dice.
Norton Av came up negative. I also cannot sytem restore to a date before keyboard failed. Keyboard also does not so up in safe mode.
Anything i can do?

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a pc with windows xp on it I had it fixed once for running at the wrong speed When i got it back it worked great Since we do not have a router right now I do not use my comp as often as my husbands and out Keyboard overclocking lock cpu I went to get on mine and it said it did not have a keyboard or that the keyboard was locked out Then it said that it fail because of cpu overclocking I am not sure what happened I really do not have the money for that guy to fix it again I was wondering is it something I can do I Keyboard lock out and cpu overclocking do not know much about camputers but I know some I do not know much about the Keyboard lock out and cpu overclocking one I have it was given to me and they guy who gave it to me built it himself I am not sure how to get a hold of him that was overa year ago Any info will help Thx countryprincess nbsp

A:Keyboard lock out and cpu overclocking

Try turning the computer off, unplugging the keyboard and the plugging it in again. Then turn the computer on and see the keyboard error is gone. Once that is resolved then the CPU overclocking message should be easy enough to get rid off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-lock-out-and-cpu-overclocking.586557/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi All,

I am wanting to know if there is a Registry setting that would all ow the F Lock to stay on all the time instead of having to click it on every time I want to use it.
Every time the computer re starts I have to press the F lock to stay on again?

Thanks in advance,
Luanne

A:Office Keyboard / F Lock

My view is that the F-Lock key is a hardware toggle on the keyboard electronics, not a state of a registry key. While I sympathise, I have doubts you could accomplish it in the PC registry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-keyboard-f-lock.357725/
Relevancy 49.45%

Whenever I lock my pc either manually or Windows+L the keyboard gets stuck on the last key I press (I think). This means that if I want to unlock my pc, the letter L (when locking with Windows+L) gets spammed on the password box. On the other hand if I lock manually my pc and unlock it the Enter keys gets stuck.
I also noticed that when I lock my pc, the mouse starts moving slower. I currently use a Razer Blackwidow keyboard (with Synapse) and a Logitech G600 (with the corresponding software). Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/51216-keyboard-stuck-after-i-lock-my-pc.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello Guys,

Since yesterday afternoon I have been having the same problem. Whenever i press the 5, 6, - or \ keys the main part of my laptop keyboard or 5 & 9 on the num pad the whole keyboard stops responding. Pressing any particular key does not fix it but mashing the whole number row will let me use the keyboard again.

I am running windows 8 on a HP ENVY dv6 Notebook PC. I have tried to update keyboard drivers and done a system restore to before the problem started but nothing has fixed the problem yet.

Cheers,

ShieldZ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/certain-keys-lock-up-the-whole-keyboard.1104916/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Dell Dimension E521 Desktop and it tried to boot up Vista and the POST does fine but after the POST the screen turns black and all the lights on the keyboard are on including what looks like a lock. I do get a cursor only.

Any ideas

A:help... Green lock on the keyboard

Did you set a CMOS or BIOS setup password?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-green-lock-on-the-keyboard.823453/
Relevancy 49.45%

My other computer the keyboard keys are lock. I cannot use "w" three times in a row to enter a web site address. I can only use a key once.
I have replaced the keyboard and the problem persists.
The PC is e-mac, just over a year old with XP OS.
I have not done anything else to fix the problem other than replace the keyboard.
If the inormation I am posting is not enough please let me know.
thanks.

Thank you Skyvviwaver, but the problem is not solved.
jimpol

A:Keyboard keys are lock

Hit your shift key 5 times and turn off sticky keys. That sounds like your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-keys-are-lock.338835/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a PC that locks up when any key is pressed on the keyboard. When it boots, everything loads ok & the mouse works fine. As soon as a key is pressed, I have almost no control except hitting the reset button on the case. I tried booting in safe mode & ran an AVG scan & a Spybot S&D scan. It found a few things & removed them. I thought that would be it, but the problem recurred. I did another scan & didn't find anything at all. I'm posting a hijack this log to see if there's anything the other scans are missing. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 49.45%

I am posting this for a friend who has problems with his keyboard.

He has Windows ME and a Hewlett Packard keyboard (SK 2501K). The keyboard keeps locking up and he is unable to type anything. This occurs when for example using MSN Messenger. When he goes from the first window to the second to type something the keyboard will lock up.

Does anyone knows his problem and how to repair it, he just bought this keyboard after his old one started to do this, so I think it is a windows problem.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.

Greetings,

Arthur

A:Windows ME Keyboard lock up

Arthur
Welcome to TSG!

Not sure if these suggestions will help but they are worth a try.

First have your friend download and reinstall Microsoft VM from the fourth post listed in this thread.
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88910&highlight=virtual+machine

Then if problem is still not fixed try uninstalling and reinstalling msn messenger.

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-me-keyboard-lock-up.128312/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,
I have tried several different keyboards and all appear to do the same thing disable the number lock I use windows xp and I run an order processing and account programme called biz manager the problems seems to get worse when in specific forms it is most annoying and causes many mistakes someone suggested it was due to fields in the programme can anyone help
Collette

A:Keyboard Number lock

Hello and welcome to TSG!

It could be the way the BIOS was set up. Check your BIOS settings -- reboot your computer and press either DEL or one of the F keys (the BIOS screen on start up should tell you) to get into the BIOS.

Scroll through it and one of the choices may be about Number Lock upon start up and "Enable" it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-number-lock.239651/
Relevancy 49.45%

Something (spayware or an exe) got loaded onto my desktop running XP and it is now inaccessible. Every time i restart the computer once it gets to the xp user sign on as soaryon as i touch the keyboard it locks up. i've tried starting in safe mode but each option takes me back to the sign in area and then the key board locks.

Does anyone have an idea on how to get back into the system?

Thanks!
gary

A:XP Keyboard Lock at startup

Are you using a USB or a PS/2 keyboard? Try using the other kind...

You may be stuck doing a repair install if you cannot get into safe mode either.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-keyboard-lock-at-startup-213533.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Asus A V x-x MB AMD Athlon XP DDR RAM ATI Radeon Vid Card MB HD XP Pro Netgear USB wireless WG adapter I was having random reboots and the event log showed that they occured after a DHCP or TCP IP call I made sure that a virus or worm lock-up A7V8X-X Keyboard hadn t snuck in through my firewall and made sure that nothing in my network settings was askew Thinking that the adapter was the issue I tried removing it uninstalling it including the debris it left in my registry after the software uninstall updating my bios A7V8X-X Keyboard lock-up and then as a last resort fdisking the entire harddrive and starting over from scratch Well it no longer reboots for no reason A7V8X-X Keyboard lock-up but now the keyboard locks itself and the mouse up anytime I hit a key in Windows It even locks up in repair mode There are no conflicts and the bios are the factory defaults My wireless connection requires a password so I haven t updated to XP SP again but I don t think that that is the problem Any ideas on what could be causing this My next effort will include downgrading the bios back to the original version that I had but any other ideas would be greatly appreciated Please help db nbsp

A:A7V8X-X Keyboard lock-up

"factory defaults ..." may not be correct for your configuration.
Check the actual settings in your bios against peculiarities that you hardware might have or need ,eg. apic,
You might try a different slot for your ethernet card .
Why is the need for a password to your wireless lan stopping you from upgrading to SerPak 2 ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a7v8x-x-keyboard-lock-up.16396/
Relevancy 49.45%

My friend, while playing WOW, said he was hitting the shift key multiple times and after that the keyboard locked up.

Now when any button is pressed the computer makes a beep sound and does nothing.

There is also an onscreen keyboard which can be used with the mouse.

What I'm asking is if there is a way to Lock the Keyboard similar to locking a cell phone and How to unlock the keyboard.

A:How To Lock The Keyboard? (and Unlock)

If he hit the shift key repeatedly perhaps he has turned on sticky keys? Hit the shift key 5 times to get to the sticky keys controls.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62164/how-to-lock-the-keyboard-and-unlock/
Relevancy 49.02%

Upon playing Quake Arena my mouse seems to lock up or lag for a second or longer at some points It seems to happen only when i move my mouse quickly The mouse itself isnt the problem as I ve tried three different brands The problem cannot be duplicated in other games My machine is far beyond recommended settings so it isnt a graphical lock up its just the mouse If i was firing during the lock up it will continue to fire until it unlocks or same with jumping Quake Arena has a specific command quot M filter quot which I set to then then out of curiosity lol Nothing seemed to change One may suggest that I just raise my mouse sensitivity but that isnt an option as slower sensitivities better aim for me Upon more research the lock up doesnt occur past mouse sensitivity but I play with Anyone have any ideas on how to increase the mouse buffer size up Arena 3 Mouse Quake lag/lock or whatever Quake 3 Arena Mouse lag/lock up Does that even exist Comp Specs HP Pavilion Elite m f Windows Vista Intel Core Quad Processor Ghz Gig RAM Nvidia video card Current favorite mouse Some cheap Logitech style Tested Mice Razor Boomslang with updated drivers Logitech mentioned above Some other cheap mouse that the brand name has worn off of Any Ideas If you would like to try to reproduce the problem you Quake 3 Arena Mouse lag/lock up can either download a free game based off of the Quake Engine called Open Arena Have not tested Open Arena myself OR you can download the free stand alone verision of q ut otherwise known as Urban Terror I recommend you download Urban Terror anyways Its loads of fun nbsp

A:Quake 3 Arena Mouse lag/lock up

Have you checked your mouse polling? Normal USB seems to be 125 Hz. Try one of the apps out there and see if you can increase it at least 250 Hz.

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1004774

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quake-3-arena-mouse-lag-lock-up.719613/
Relevancy 49.02%

Most of the time when I try to use my right mouse button ( for example, right clicking on an icon, photograph, file name) will freeze up the system and it will become un-responsive right away.

If I am doing a word doc, I can right click for spell check and that works fine, or right click the start menu.

I have a Dell computer running XP service pack 3 with a pent D 2.33Ghz and 1 G memory.

I tried renaming Normal.dotm, as someone had suggested, but it made no difference.

Any Ideas?

Lyle

Relevancy 49.02%
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

5 minutes after I start the computer the mouse gets stuck in one of the corners of the screen.
It was in the upper left corner till not long ago, now it changes every time I start-up the computer.
This makes me think it is a virus.

Can you please help me with a remedy to this ?

Cheers!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-mouse-lock-up-virus.623013/
Relevancy 49.02%

Keyboard malfunctioning when 'caps lock' is on?

Other letters are coming whenever the caps lock is on?

A:Keyboard malfunctioning when 'caps lock' is on?

What do you mean?
Try another keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-malfunctioning-when-caps-lock-is-on.762260/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello!
I want to make keyboard symbols, specifically the Spanish inverted exclamation point and other special characters. Everything I have found online says I need to make sure that num lock is on and then use the proper ALT function. However, I am on a laptop with no number pad and no num lock key. I can't figure out how to make these special characters.

Thank you!

A:How do I make keyboard symbols with no num lock key?

I don't have a laptop handy but I think you should have one on it ,using the FN key and one of the top row of key that has num lock\or symbol that looks like a number pad , .I just found a laptop keyboard in my box of parts ,and the symbol is on the f11 key on it

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43930-how-do-i-make-keyboard-symbols-no-num-lock-key.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, i have a Microsoft wireless optical desktop 4000 comfort edition keyboard/mouse and for a while i have not been able to print screen and couldn't work out why. I have now noticed the little notification when you turn the locks on/off (such as caps, num, scroll) no longer comes up for F-lock. On the wireless receiver the light for f lock does turn on and off like it is supposed to but it appears to have no effect on the computer. none of the function keys work when it is turned off. i reinstalled intellitype and this seemed to solve the problem but since then its started doing it again. any ideas how to fix it?

Relevancy 49.02%

I got a new keyboard. It does not have a light that shows caps lock on or off.

And a desktop indicator no longer shows caps lock as being turned on or off.

How can I make Windows indicate the caps lock setting?

Thank you for your help.

A:No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?

Hello mobile1,

You can turn on the toggle key tone in Windows 10 to help.

Toggle Keys Tone - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/61165-no-caps-lock-indicator-new-keyboard.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i have a new toshiba satellite c70 d-b- 10u and it works ok in both W8.1 or upgraded to W10 until i log in via my microsoft account

it then locks the keyboard.........if have factory reset back to 8.1 and upgraded to 10 with a new log in.....works ok, log into microsoft account and the keyboard locks....any ideas welcome

EDIT microsoft account also locks keyboard in W8.1 after first typing

A:microsoft account causes keyboard lock

Hi when I had this trouble with my Toshiba I found the BIOS needed updating and Drivers as well
Since having that done have had no trouble.
Go to the Toshiba Site type in your model as see if you have the latest Software and Drivers installed
If not then get it all from the site

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35840-microsoft-account-causes-keyboard-lock.html
Relevancy 49.02%

im not found scroll lock key on keyboard of my laptop model envy 360 15-w101tx plz say it is where

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/not-found-scroll-lock-key-on-keyboard/td-p/5847964
Relevancy 49.02%

My Parents Windows XP upon start up seems to be having an issue with the NUM LOCK Key staying lit causing a Key) LOCK issue (Keyboard Hardware NUM audible beep beep beep until you press the NUM LOCK key which allows Windows XP to load programs Anyone have an idea as to why this is happening Here is parent s hijack log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe Hardware issue (Keyboard NUM LOCK Key) C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Hardware issue (Keyboard NUM LOCK Key) IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADUserMon exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA HPINST plugin bin PCHButton exe C Program Files Iomega dtsc exe C WINDOWS System ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADService exe C WINDOWS System HPHipm exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop DOWNLOADS Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sbc yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank O - BHO My Search BHO - DA C - F- a- CD- CFE CFF - C Program Files MySearch bar bin S BAR DLL O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar no name - DA C - F- a- CD- CFE CFF - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exe O - HKLM Run checktime c program files HPSelect Frontend ct exe O - HKLM Run Treat C hp bin treat exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run Iomega Startup Options C Program Files Iomega Common ImgStart exe O - HKLM Run Iomega Drive Icons C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Deskup C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons deskup exe O - HKLM Run ADUserMon C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADUserMon exe O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec Ne... Read more

A:Hardware issue (Keyboard NUM LOCK Key)

don't know what's causing it, but maybe you can go into the BIOS and disable the numlock altogether...

not sure if you've already tried this, but it's worth a shot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-issue-keyboard-num-lock-key.369674/
Relevancy 49.02%

I went to type something on wordpad when I noticed I wasn t able to lock Windows on on button keyboard? finish a sentence or even a WORD without a window popping up At first I didn t know what was going on but after a few minutes I Windows button on lock on keyboard? know something was up As soon as I pressed quot e quot Windows explored popped up As soon as I pressed quot r quot the run window would pop up This made me see that something was wrong with my windows key or SOMETHING I went to accessories and brought up the on screen keyboard and it didn t show any keys being pressed and I look the windows key off and cleaned it to make sure there wasn t anything under the actual key I restarted cold started and it still didn t help When I actually press the windows key the start menu comes up like always but as soon as I go to type windows pop up again as if i m using window key short cuts I have NO idea what s going on Anyone help me Btw i m using WIndows Vista on my Dell inspiron laptop Thanks nbsp

A:Windows button on lock on keyboard?

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins6400/en/om/MD402AO3.pdf

check that quick set is not enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-button-on-lock-on-keyboard.942730/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

I am having a strange problem. I have a laptop and a wireless keyboard. When I hit the Caps Lock button on my laptop keyboard it freezes all the other keys and I am unable to undo the Caps Lock or type anything. However, with my external keyboard I can turn off the Caps Lock and everything goes back to normal. Any clue what could be going on here?

Thanks

A:Caps Lock freezes keyboard

My guess is that this is an OS issue where it's getting confused between the built-in keyboard and the wireless keyboard. This could be an issue with driver used for the wireless keyboard, but it's not a hardware issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/caps-lock-freezes-keyboard.1140633/
Relevancy 49.02%

HEy everyone I have the Microsoft Wireless Multimedia keyboard a what it says on the bottom anyways my question is about the driver Intellitype pro Anyhoo with I can change the function of all the special keys like volume media mail web home mute and all that The problem is when I press certain keys Keyboard/ Lock Query F Microsoft a little helpful box pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the screen For usual windows browsing this is nice but while playing a full screen game such as CS S it screws up the video and will sometimes minimize the game The keys is does this with is the volume level caps locks toggle and the F Lock There may be others but those are the main problems I was just wondering if there is an option or a Microsoft Keyboard/ F Lock Query fix out there to turn off the notifications I like the driver which lets me change songs without pulling up winamp Also for anyone fimiliar with the F Lock you know how annoying it is is there any way to leave that on like with Num Lock sorry if this was long and thanks for any responses really guys this isint killing me but does anyone have any input whatsoever nbsp

A:Microsoft Keyboard/ F Lock Query

You only gave 14 minutes between bumping. DO NOT do this, you aren't going to get help any quicker if you complain more. If you want help instantly pay the money and call microsoft.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-keyboard-f-lock-query.67205/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, Guys please help me out... thank you!!

My Keyboard just stop functioning lately.. i used On Screen Keyboard to type, and search for a solution.. I read this article saying "IF ANYONE HAVE THESE TYPE OF KEYBOARD PROBLEM THEN JUST GOTO START->PROGRAM->ACCESSORIES->ACCESSIBILITY->ON SCREEN KEYBOARD AND CLICK ON NUM BUTTON LEFT HAND SIDE OF THAT ON SCREEN KEYBOARD(MEANS TURN OFF THAT NUM LOCK OPTION).
THIS IS A SIMPLE AND BEST WAY TO SOLVE ALL TYPES OF LAPTOP OR PC." and it worked! But now, everytime i press my Num Lock button, my keyboard stop functioning again, so i do the same process again, i want to used my Num keys but i dont know how..

Hoping for your replies, Thank you!

A:Keyboard Not Functioning if i press NUM Lock

Hi have you deleted driver in device manager for the keyboard and restart laptop

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366674-keyboard-not-functioning-if-i-press-num-lock.html
Relevancy 49.02%

The arrow keys mostly used for games have suddenly started scrolling and I can't seem to stop it. Scroll lock does not seem to work. I have looked up every potential solution I could find and none of them work. I have finally tried another keyboard but it happens on that one as well. What have I done, and how can I fix it? Thanks for any help you can give me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-arrows-scroll-lock-help.984282/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have this HP keyboard with my pc. Unfortanetly, a program i am running requires i need a scroll lock key, and there is none that i can find on the pc. Can you tell me where it is located on the keyboard for my desktop pc? Thanks in advanced!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Scroll Lock key not found on my keyboard

Some smaller pc keyboards DO NOT HAVE A Scroll lock key. In the end, i ended up purchasing a new keyboard that was not the HP brand one i had above... to solve this issue. Im suprised you guys don't know about the smaller keyboards that you make yourself not having a scroll lock key on them.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Scroll-Lock-key-not-found-on-my-keyboard/td-p/4885526
Relevancy 49.02%

i have a new toshiba satellite c70 d-b- 10u and it works ok in both W8.1 or upgraded to W10 until i log in via my microsoft account

it then locks the keyboard.........if have factory reset back to 8.1 and upgraded to 10 with a new log in.....works ok, log into microsoft account and the keyboard locks....any ideas welcome

EDIT microsoft account also locks keyboard in W8.1 after first typing

A:microsoft account causes keyboard lock

Hi when I had this trouble with my Toshiba I found the BIOS needed updating and Drivers as well
Since having that done have had no trouble.
Go to the Toshiba Site type in your model as see if you have the latest Software and Drivers installed
If not then get it all from the site

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/35840-microsoft-account-causes-keyboard-lock.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I look at the keyboard when I am typing and not at the monitor, so it is annoying, after I have unknowingly pressed the CAPS LOCK key, to look up and see that my work is in uppercase. I am sure that I have read, somewhere, that an audible warning can be fixed to a keyboard's CAP LOCK key.

Am I right?

Best wishes, whatapalaver.

A:Keyboard Caps Lock Alarm ?

You are right whatapalaver.
Control panel>accessibility options>keyboard>toggle keys. Check toggle keys to play audible warning when caps lock, num lock and scroll lock are pressed.

luci2a

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52966/keyboard-caps-lock-alarm/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have a problem with an Advent Laptop partial! on: Numeric lock keyboard only running Vista I loaned this spare laptop to my year old son whilst his Dell was away being repaired now he has returned the laptop back to me with what to me seems to be an unusual problem the numeric lock is permanently on most of the toggles F pads enter and scroll are not functioning It is impossible to get into the bios Numeric lock on: keyboard only partial! via F as this is also not functioning I note that Numeric lock on: keyboard only partial! during the boot the numeric lock is off and only comes on when current user is selected for windows I have been into regedit current user control panel and keyboard and the keyboard setting is set to and I have then reset it to however when the machine is rebooted and you go back via regedit to check the setting for the current user the keyboard has reset itself every time to I have also gone to default under regedit default control panel keyboard and reset the default from the long numeric string to and this remains constant however when I try to log back on as my normal password and current user the numeric via Regedit is seen to have reset itself again to The entire keyboard was replaced about months ago as it had a broken key pad I suppose the moral of the story is to not loan spare machines to sons who seem to treat laptops like mobile phones i e little respect and throw them all around the room I should also add that the combination Fn Numeric is also not functioning Using a mouse I am able to get into the front end screen and all of my files are intact but with the numeric locked and no enter pad then programs such as word are inoperable Any thoughts appreciated hardware software problem before I kick laptop and older son into a tidy bin

A:Numeric lock on: keyboard only partial!

Welcome to the forums. I have one plan of action,there may be others coming on this to help. Use this program , and check the events log and then press the start orb for results , and lets see if we can see what may have happened : VistaForums SysInfo Tool

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/293584-numeric-lock-keyboard-only-partial.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Where is the number lock on the KG-1450 keyboard?  On my keyboard there is clip board key where the number lock is found on most keyboards.

A:kg-1450 keyboard number lock

Hi there @Coel5?,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.I understand that you are looking for a num lock key on your keyboard. I am happy to help with this. I have a similar keyboard attached to an All-in-One, which also has a clipboard key, in place of the numlock key. The other functional keys that often share the numeric keypad, such as the arrows, home , pg up, pg dn, are all immediately to the left of the numeric keypad and the numeric keypad functions solely as a numeric keypad. So a numlock is unnecessary. Test it out and let me know, and if it does resolve your concern, then please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/kg-1450-keyboard-number-lock/td-p/5415030
Relevancy 49.02%

The number lock and side keyboard on my hp dv7t-1000 doesn't work. What gives?
I also had the synaptics &#8211; input &#8211; synaptics ps/2 port touchpad update failed. How do I get it to go again?

Thanks in advance

A:Number lock and side keyboard

I have been able to use a usb keyboard when the keyboard on my laptop was giving me problems. If you can't borrow a keyboard to try, you should be able to buy one for $10 or less. You can then determine if the problem is the keyboard and not the computer or an OS problem.

BTW I replaced the faulty keyboard on my laptop with relative ease and at an economical cost.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/number-lock-and-side-keyboard.1027196/
Relevancy 49.02%

My dell quiet key keyboard numeric keypad always defaults to off---num lock off. This setting continues to turn off on me whether i'm in quicken, excel, etc. Can't seem to find a way to lock this in the num lock on position. Running Win 2000 pro on dell dimension B1000 R. Any ideas???
Thanks!!!

A:Number keypad lock on keyboard

You need to go into your CMOS settings (sometimes called "Setup"). This is when you first start your computer. Usually, you hit the "del" key right when the computer is first starting up. Pay attention when it first starts and it should tell you how to access the "Setup". Go to either "Standard CMOS setting" or "Advanced Settings" (I can't remember which one right now) and it will let you set it to the way you want it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/number-keypad-lock-on-keyboard.33893/