Windows Support Forum

Buying new (gaming) laptop, need backlit keyboard

Q: Buying new (gaming) laptop, need backlit keyboard

So yeah the new TechSpot laptop buying guide is superb thanks to it I found the Sager laptops which personally I love I hate the weird need (gaming) keyboard laptop, Buying backlit new looking ASUS or Buying new (gaming) laptop, need backlit keyboard Alienware laptops I want a nice chice looking laptop that would still look right in a professional envoirenment yet is a beast under the hood So I will probably go for the Sager NP with a Intel Core i - QM Processor GTX and Gb of DDR Mhz My Buying new (gaming) laptop, need backlit keyboard only problem with them is the lack of backlit keyboard and that s a big deal to me I am a computer tech I have replaced backlights in LCD s plenty of times so I know more or less the theory behind installing my own backlight and here s what I was thinking Part s Needed quot x quot EL Backlight Power Inverter for EL Strips SATA Power Extension Cable How to do it Hopefully the keyboard will by such as the one in the ASUS Eee as in this article Install Light Pad and then place power inverter in empty HD bay and connect the Power Inverter to the SATA power connector which I know supplies vdc Would that work Atleast theoretically nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Buying new (gaming) laptop, need backlit keyboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Buying new (gaming) laptop, need backlit keyboard

A 3 by 5 backlight would only cover about half of your keyboard, so if you go this route you might want to get two of them. Also there is a chance that the EL backlight will not fit behind the keyboard. If you are set on getting the laptop, I would do that before you buy all these parts for the backlight.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-gaming-laptop-need-backlit-keyboard.155743/
Relevancy 76.54%

I just have a quick and simple question. Does anyone know of a store or website that sells backlit laptop keyboards (I have an Inspiron 1520)? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 75.68%

For around $500ish?
I found an AUS at Bestbuy, its at 649.99.
Asus - Laptop / IntelŪ PentiumŪ Processor / 15.6" Display / 4GB Memory / 500GB Hard Drive
I liked my old laptop, Inspiron 9300, but I always used it late at night and always wished I had a backlit keyboard.
My main computer has a Core i7950, 6GB Ram, 1TB HDD, yada yada yada, so I don't need much for a laptop. Something to carry around, mess with while I'm on the couch, etc. Would like a decent sized screen...my Dell was 17" I beleive, wouldn't want anything tiny.
Thanks and Happy Holidays.

A:Decent Laptop w/ backlit keyboard?

Wireless N
Bluetooth
Webcam
also would be nice, the more I look around, I more I think I'll be spending...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/decent-laptop-w-backlit-keyboard.158686/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey all, Does my new 2015 laptop have a keyboard backlight? tried the F5 key and the Fn+spacebar trick, got nothing. Thank youse!

A:HP 13s102ns laptop keyboard backlit or not?

Hi, No, it does not have backlit keyboard:    http://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c04850173 It only has normal  Full-size island-style keyboard keyboard. And you can't upgrade. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-13s102ns-laptop-keyboard-backlit-or-not/td-p/5674258
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi! 
I just purchased Inspiron 15 7000 7559. Backlit keyboard was working fine untill i updated my BIOS to 1.1.8 and now there in BIOS it is shown as non-baccklit keyboard. Keyboard lits up  on its own sometimes and when pressing keys it goes dark again.

Any idea whats the problem? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995390
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi everybody just wondering whether I can replace a non backlit keyboard with the one with and my elitebook has resolution of 1600x900 can I replace it with a full HD resolution? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-Elitebook-8760w-non-backlit-keyboard-with-a-backlit/td-p/5631318
Relevancy 74.82%

A little while ago I posted a question asking what was wrong with my laptop and why it wouldn t boot Because there were so many variables it was impossible to pin down one solid answer I own a device strikingly similar to the MSI GT S Titan and I ended up Can an from keyboard booting? a LED-backlit laptop prevent spilling Kool-Aid over a portion of the keyboard It s a Cherry MX keyboard with red backlights and it would seem that they Can an LED-backlit keyboard prevent a laptop from booting? shorted out during the spill The interesting thing is that once I unplugged the LED wire from the keyboard to the motherboard my laptop booted up normally Before I did this however my laptop showed no signs of life at all apart from the battery charging indicator While it s clear that yes a LED-backlit keyboard can prevent a laptop from booting why does it do so Is it because the laptop is smart enough to detect some sort of short and prevent booting to prevent harm to the motherboard If so that sounds pretty smart to me Or is something else going on nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-an-led-backlit-keyboard-prevent-a-laptop-from-booting.1170946/
Relevancy 74.82%

Does anyone know of a PC manufacturer s that tends to offer Win laptop models with backlit keyboards at prices substantially less than the lessor MacBook Pro model with the DVD drive I am looking for something with approximately the specifications below but not the Apple price I find many PC laptops similarly equipped enough but without backlit keyboards Also I could stand to have a quot I am not ready to kick Win off my current MacBook Pro Boot Camp partition I don't know what Apple is going to do with respect to Win but IMO Win Boot Camp is not yet ready for prime time I could buy an older refurbished MacBook Pro for Win but that might be risky Keyboard Main Laptop Stream Backlit Not sure what it is going to be required for Mac Win to coexist MacBook Pro -inch I could do with quot PC GHz GHz quad-core Intel Core i Turbo Boost up to GHz GB MHz memory I would Backlit Keyboard Main Stream Laptop want GB GB -rpm hard drive Intel HD Graphics Backlit Keyboard Main Stream Laptop NVIDIA GeForce GT M with Backlit Keyboard Main Stream Laptop MB of GDDR memory I wouldn't need this much in the graphics deptment SSD Hardrive OK DVD burner Must burn double layer USB One will do Thuderbolt The PC wouldn't have thunderbolt in all likelihood Gigabit Ethernet needed Built-in battery hours EtEtc Etc Free Shipping

A:Backlit Keyboard Main Stream Laptop

Wasn't BootCamp updated for Windows 8?

For some reason, Alienware's laptops are what comes to mind with backlit keyboards.
Alienware Laptops

The 14 laptop starts at 1,000 and similar or better specs. But they aren't ultrabooks obviously.

I also think I've seen some HP ultrabooks, maybe with touch, that has backlit keyboards and relatively similar specs.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/16816-backlit-keyboard-main-stream-laptop.html
Relevancy 74.82%

EDIT The short version first Everytime I try to run the HOTKEY drivers for my laptops backlit keyboard I get an error telling me that they have stopped working The long version If anyone could help me with this problem that has been annoying me for the past months it would be greatly appreciated I have a Clevo P sm laptop Windows Home SP It came with drivers hotkey that were supposed to control the backlit keyboard already installed various colours brightness etc This didn t work out of the box I then downloaded and installed some custom backlight keyboard software designed for the Clevo s Link to it here Backlight Controller with LightFX clevomods This actually worked the program ran fine and I was able to change the colours etc But it only lasted a week and then stopped working I simply couldn t figure out what was wrong I tried the latest Clevo drivers and a reinstall of the custom software and I got a Windows message saying this quot Exception caught the type initializer for threw an exception Runtime terminating true InnerException System InvalidOperationExeptopm Cannot open OutLLog on machine Windows has not provided an error code-- gt System ComponentModel Win for work keyboard drivers laptop won't Backlit Exception The interface is unknown ---End of inner exception--- quot and it goes on like that That was a few months ago Recently I tried to install the latest hotkey drivers released by Clevo They are actually for the Clevo P sm-A the latest model but I though what the hell But am again getting an Windows error message quot HKeyTray has stopped working quot Under the details of the message it says quot C Users Horize AppData Local Temp WER tmp WERInternalMetadata xml C Users Horize AppData Local Temp Backlit keyboard drivers won't work for laptop WER F tmp appcompat txt C Users Horize AppData Local Temp WER F tmp mdmp quot As you can see I have no idea what this means The backlight still turns on with the laptop in the default blue colour but I have no way to control it If anyone can shed any light on this matter or even better yet solve it it would mean a hell of a lot because its been bugging me for so long and I spent too much on the damn thing to have it annoy me this much Thanks in advance Oh one more bit of information that I m not sure is relevant or not but I ll include it When I bought the laptop the online shop that I bought it from accidentally sent me the laptop without either of the hard drives in SSD and normal They apologised and sent out the hard drives the next day and Windows was pre-installed on the SSD so that when I turned the computer on for the first time it didn t need me to install it Again not sure if that s relevant but Backlit keyboard drivers won't work for laptop hope it helps anyone willing to give the problem a shot a solving it Thanks again nbsp

A:Backlit keyboard drivers won't work for laptop

You mean that you can't install the drivers for your keyboard, i just have the same issue with my HP 2000, it turned out that the driver file that i have is out of date, and the program named DriverIdentifier has helped me, you can try it (http://www.driveridentifier.com) , when you register, remember to select to use as personal so that they will give you free access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/backlit-keyboard-drivers-wont-work-for-laptop.1129564/
Relevancy 73.96%

I purchased a Latitude e5470 laptop without the backlit keyboard and without the extra tracking ball you find in the center of the keyboard. I just have a regular non-backlit key board and then the tracking pad.
I've only seen the backlit keyboard with the tracking ball included. This does not fit my keyboard slot. There is an extra edge under the spacebar. I want to know if I can now buy a replacement keyboard that has the the backlit feature and fits in my keyboard slot.
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996984
Relevancy 73.96%

I have been using the backlight on my keyboard since i got this laptop and all of a sudden it will not turn on! I really would like to figure it out so i can see the keys at night lol.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-15-p030nr-laptop-backlit-keyboard-wont-turn-on/td-p/5639278
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a 840 G1 laptop which appears to not have a backlit display.  There is no option in the BIOS for configuring the time delay as there are in others we have. Can I just replace the non-backlit keyboard 730794-xx1 with a backlit one 731179-xx1?Will the option to configure the delay then show in the BIOS?Do I need to do anything else? The service manual does not appear to cover the change as opposed tot he replacement.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/840G1-Keyboard-Swap-Not-backlit-to-Backlit/td-p/5704227
Relevancy 72.24%

Do Dell UK sell and fit a replacement backlit keyboard in the UK.
My current keyboard has stopped working.
I can't find replacement part on Dell UK website.
Thanks

A:Dell XPS L702X Laptop - want to purchase and have installed a replacement backlit keyboard (UK)

Dell generally charges repairs for other than mainboard or screen replacement at a flat rate that probably exceeds what a local shop will charge, but you will find the Spare Parts line and out of warranty support here:
<<www.dell.com/learn/uk/en/ukbsdt1/services/special-warranty-services>>
They'll generally charge for a repair estimate and then apply the charge to the cost of the repair.    In the US, a keyboard replacement is a flat $149 -- the keyboard itself is likely under $50 and is a user-replaceable part.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981924
Relevancy 71.81%

im in the navy so i dont buying laptop gaming new a have room for desktop i want the best laptop for gaming i can get i came across these thay look ok to me but want some advice be for i drop this much money on something i also dont know the differents between quad and extreme Processor specs im looking for are grapihcs sli g ram quad or extreme depends on whats better for gaming perfer blue ray but not to imporant screen size i like but i hear smaller like is buying a new gaming laptop better for gaming also i have had toshiba laptops of them they run very hot and shut off randomly is this a toshiba problem or just me both where satelites does any one know of any better laptops alien ware i dont know becuease they over-clocking and i hear they burn out quickly but might get if i some one really know alienware i would like to have this laptop for atlease years before i upgrade again any help would really help me thank you in advance X -Q Detailed Product Specs Processor Intel Core Extreme Processor QX Operating System Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate -bit version SP Memory Size GB Memory Speed PC - DDR MHz SDRAM Display Size quot widescreen Display Type WSXGA with TruBrite Technology Display Resolution x Graphics Engine Dual NVIDIA GeForce M GTS graphics with NVIDIA SLI Technology Graphics Memory MBx GDDR discrete graphics memory plus up to MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory using NVIDIA TurboCache technology Hard Drive Size GB Solid State Hard Drive SSD Secondary Hard Drive Size GB nd HDD Secondary Hard Drive Speed rpm Optical Drives DVD-SuperMulti -R double layer with Labelflash drive supporting up to formats Wireless LAN Atheros Wireless-LAN b g n Bluetooth Bluetooth V EDR Webcam Webcam and microphone built into LCD bezel Inputs and Controls CD DVD Buttons Play Pause Stop Prev Track Next Track Mute button Media button key US keyboard with Key Pad Camera control buttons Dolby settings Panel Lights Modem Modem LAN Ethernet LAN Audio Built-in microphone Microphone jack mono harman kardon stereo speakers with subwoofer S P DIF output port shared with headphone port Headphone jack stereo AC Adapter W V A Auto-sensing - V - Hz input Battery Li-Ion mAh PC Express Slot -ExpressCard Slot Media Card Reader -in- Bridge Media Adapter S P DIF output port shared with headphone port USB Ports -USB with Sleep and Charge -eSATA USB combo port with Sleep and Charge iLINK i LINK IEEE- Regza Link Regza Link HDMI-CEC p support Software TOSHIBA ConfigFree WildTangent Orb Games Console Hard disc HDD recovery PowerCinema for TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Face Recognition Norton All-In-One Security -day Trial TOSHIBA Disc Creator Microsoft Works Version TOSHIBA Recovery Disc Creator TOSHIBA Speech System Ulead DVD MovieFactory for Toshiba Google Picasa TOSHIBA DVD Player Microsoft Office Trial Home and Student Edition -day trial Weight Starting at lbs Color Fusion Finish with Rogue pattern Standards RoHS Compliant Standard Limited Warranty -Yr Parts and Labor -Year Battery Qosmio X -Q Laptop Detailed Product Specs Wireless USB Ready Wireless USB Processor Intel Core Duo Processor P Operating System Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit Memory GB PC - DDR MHz SDRAM Display Size quot widescreen Display Type WSXGA with TruBrite Technology Display Resolution x Graphics Engine Dual NVIDIA GeForce M GTS graphics with NVIDIA SLI Technology Graphics Memory MBx GDDR discrete graphics memory plus up to MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory using NVIDIA TurboCache technology Hard Drive GB HDD rpm Secondary Hard Drive Size None Available Optical Drives DVD-SuperMulti -R double layer with Labelflash drive supporting up to formats Wireless LAN Atheros Wireless-LAN b g n Wireless USB Wireless USB Ready Bluetooth Bluetooth V EDR Webcam Webcam and microphone built into LCD bezel Inputs and Controls CD DVD Buttons Play Pause Stop Prev Track Next Track Dolby settings Camera control buttons Panel Lights Media button key US keyboard with Key Pad Mute button... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-a-new-gaming-laptop.833503/
Relevancy 71.81%

hey all i m getting ready to buy a gaming laptop reason has to do with travel and work don t wanna get into it now by gaming laptop i mean i want to get the absolute ultimate if i m on the road in a bus on a plane etc for - hours i d really like to devote at least a couple of those hours to playing The Witcher or Crysis or top laptop a Buying gaming whatever plus i d like something that will still be gameable in a few Buying a top gaming laptop years so i d rather not skimp if i end up doing this - k will be my appx max budget and it will completely replace my desktop if i go this route i m actually gonna sell my desktop so first of all if you ve got a really good mobile system lemme know what it is IE who made it and what kind of frame rates you get in crysis or at least some benchmark results of some sort secondly i m kinda leaning towards a sager NP with an nvidia m gt and i m wondering if anyone has a laptop with Buying a top gaming laptop that card and give me some feedback on its quality if you ve got something to add please do obviously i m prepping to spend quite a bit of money and i d like to get as much informed input as possible thanks in advance nbsp

A:Buying a top gaming laptop

You can't go wrong with any of these:
http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_buyprebuilt_nb_us2.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-top-gaming-laptop.111486/
Relevancy 70.95%

Haven't posted in a while. Well college is coming around and i NEED a laptop, I'll use it for notes, papers, projects, and homework, but that's not what I'm worried about

I'm very OCD about what I buy. I have around 1200-1500 to spend, and i want the best bang for my buck. I want a gaming laptop, that's at least somewhat solid, what am I looking at with that price range?

A:buying laptop for school/gaming help?

You're going to need more money for a good gaming laptop.

Ok I did a little searching and I found a list of mobile video devices.

Nvidia GeForce Go7600
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600
ATI Mobility Radeon X1700
Nvidia GeForce 8400M-GT
Nvidia GeForce Go7700
Nvidia GeForce Go7600GT
Nvidia GeForce 8600M-GS
Nvidia GeForce 8600M-GT
Nvidia GeForce Go7800
ATI Mobility Radeon X1800
Nvidia GeForce 8700M-GT
Nvidia GeForce Go7900GS
ATI Mobility Radeon X1900
Nvidia GeForce Go7800GTX
ATI Mobility Radeon X1800XT
Nvidia GeForce Go7900GTX
Nvidia GeForce Go7950GTX

Look for a laptop that you can afford with at least one of the above, 2GB of memory for Windows Vista and the mobility processor of your choice. The farther you go down the list the faster and more expensive the video will be. All the recognized brand names I saw where $2000.00 and up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-laptop-for-school-gaming-help.84015/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I've been looking to buy a new laptop to for laptop Advice buying gaming on new use for work and also to play recent games like overwatch or the new metal gear I am considering buying a custom laptop from cyberpowerpc com I do not really know Advice on buying new laptop for gaming anything about computer performance for gaming and I would like some advice on if this seller is reliable and if the laptop will run modern games well My order looks like BASE PRICE ADAPTER Automatics Voltage adjustment between and VAC Hz Watts V A Pins BAGS None BATTERY Li-ion Battery SW Gas Gauge IC hard pack removable cells V mAh S P BLUETOOTH Built-in Bluetooth CABLE None CPU Intel Core Processor i - HQ GHz Turbo GHz MB Cache Processor DOCKINGSTATION None FLASHMEDIA Built-in -in- Card Reader FREEBIE CU FREE Intel Q Media Bundle HD M SATA GB Intel s Series M SATA-III Gb s SSD - MB s Read amp MB s Write - Single Drive HDD None HEADSET None Advice on buying new laptop for gaming HS HANGER None KEYBOARD quot KB with red backlight support full KB size w numeric keys MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz SODIMM Memory G SKILL MONITOR None MOPAD None MOTHERBOARD Intel HM Express Chipset MOUSE BUILT-IN TOUCHPAD NETWORK Gigabit LAN NOTEBOOK quot FHD IPS x Displays LCD w red backlight full size Keyboard HDMI Li-ion Battery amp Universal AC adapter NOTEBOOK COVER TRACER- Cover OS Windows Home -bit Edition RUSH Standard Process Time Ship within to Business Day SECURITY None SERVICE STANDARD -YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY AND LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT SOUND Built-in HD audio SPEAKERS Built-in Speakers USB Built-in x USB USB Type C X x USB USBHD None VIDEO NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GB PCIe NB- - VIDEOCAMERA Built-in HD webcam with D-MIC Video Camera WNC Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC ac Bluetooth WTV None

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/130047-advice-buying-new-laptop-gaming.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Model K3Z24UA .   I hope it can be upgraded !

A:Can I replace a ( Non-Backlit ) with a backlit keyboard in m...

To use a backlit kbd the motherboard must have the connector to plug it into- usually only highend models have this. Your Maintenance & Service Guide does not show a backlit kbd option.http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04886216

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-replace-a-Non-Backlit-with-a-backlit-keyboard-in-my-HP/td-p/5608697
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello. I recently acquired a (somewhat older) Dell Latitude E6420, and I wanted to replace the keyboard in it with a backlit one. Is this possible, or do backlit keyboards have a special connection that this one might not have?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988899
Relevancy 70.09%

Can I Replace a Keyboard(Non-Backlit) with Backlit Keyboard in my HP Pavilion x360 Convertible X0T24PA#ABG

A:Can I Replace a Keyboard(Non-Backlit) with Backlit Keyboard ...

Hi,          Backlit Keyboard is available for only for selected models, you can check this info in Page # 2 in Chapter 1 http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05147552 Also I did check if a keyboard is available with backlit for your model HP Pavilion x360 13-u026tu but couldn't find one for this product. And its lists the keyboard without Backlit only.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-Replace-a-Keyboard-Non-Backlit-with-Backlit-Keyboard/td-p/5792758
Relevancy 65.79%

Is it possible to upgrade my HP 15-f162dx to a backlit kb?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Non backlit to backlit keyboard

@orion13? Sorry to say but no. Your manual here. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04763947 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Non-backlit-to-backlit-keyboard/td-p/5724726
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi 
I have recently purchased Inspiron 14" 5459 in India. This comes with a non-backlit keyboard.
Is there a way to get it upgraded to Backlit Keyboard? If yes, can this be done via Dell Support or I'll have to procure the OEM part on my own and replace?

Cheers,
Rahul

A:Inspiron 5459 Keyboard upgrade to Backlit Keyboard

Hey,
Have the same laptop and the same question in mind. Let me know if u find a solution to it.
Thanks mate!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19678522
Relevancy 63.64%

I am looking at buying the 15-bn070wm laptop that walmart carries with the realtree design. The laptop does not come with a backlit keyboard and I was curious if there is a way that I could purchase a ugraded backlit keyboard and install it I know some models have the backlight connector under the keyboard but they just do not come with them installed? If so what model keyboard should I purchase and would the laptop follow the HP pavilion 15 series disassembly steps?

A:X0S19UA-Change keyboard to backlit keyboard

Hi, It is much better and cheaper to buy this option now because backlit keyboard alone won't work, you need a motherboard which have ports for you to connect those lights. Buy this option now may cost you say $50, replace it later may cost you ten times or more and in many cases not-workable. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/X0S19UA-Change-keyboard-to-backlit-keyboard/td-p/5748578
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, I have HP Pavilion 15 n012tx. I am from India & I want to change my non-backlit keyboard to backlit keyboard. Does HP officially provide backlit keyboards for my Laptop? (The white LED one is preferred)

A:Replace Stock keyboard with Backlit Keyboard

Hi talatshaikh29, Officially HP does not provide backlit keyboards for your Laptop http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04439615.pdf

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-Stock-keyboard-with-Backlit-Keyboard/td-p/4628372
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey,

I wanted to do the same as well. Get rid of the normal keyboard and upgrade with a backlit one. I am ready to buy it off market or online as well as my warranty is void. Help will be appreciated, Ignorance will make me sad.

Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-Stock-keyboard-with-Backlit-Keyboard/td-p/5676865
Relevancy 61.49%

My new Acer Aspire 5738G laptop keyboard doesnt function at all when trying to play certain games, for example stalker:shadow of Chernobyl and Gothic 3 and yet it works fine for newer games like stalker:clear sky and torchlight. Im running vista sp2 on it at the moment and am wondering whether i should look for new drivers or something

A:Vista laptop keyboard gaming problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by roflusuk

My new Acer Aspire 5738G laptop keyboard doesnt function at all when trying to play certain games, for example stalker:shadow of Chernobyl and Gothic 3 and yet it works fine for newer games like stalker:clear sky and torchlight. Im running vista sp2 on it at the moment and am wondering whether i should look for new drivers or something

If it is new I would do a complete windows update and also install any optional updates that may be available to see if that fixes the problem!! It might actually fix the problem!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-laptop-keyboard-gaming-problem-447126.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Im thinking of buying this laptop - http://www.johnlewis.com/hp-pavilion-15-ak002na-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-ram-1tb-15-hybrid-gr... But I find the keyboard backlight a bit tacky, I know I can disable it by pushing F5, but I was wondering if its possible to completely uninstall the keyboard backlight from the machine? I use F5 as save in lots of games.

A:Possible to uninstall keyboard backlight on gaming laptop?

You could disassemble the laptop and disconnect the backlight ribbon cable but that seems extreme. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Possible-to-uninstall-keyboard-backlight-on-gaming-laptop/td-p/5702049
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi guys,My E5 573G didn't come with backlit keyboard, so I was wondering can I install V3 574G keyboard in it, that has backlight? Those two are same keyboard units, so it's basic function will be preserved.Does Acer makes E5 573Gs with backlit keyboards at all?Cheers!

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi guys! Do you know if it's compatible any backlit keyboard with my laptop?   

A:Backlit keyboard HP 250 G4

Hi, No option on the list:      http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04570053.pdf that means no compatible backlit keyboard because the system/mother board does not have connectors for those lights. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Backlit-keyboard-HP-250-G4/td-p/5646730
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Lenovo Ideapad P500 and the lights on my keyboard went out except for the num lock and cap lock. I have tried the fn key and the spacebar. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25c71406-bc42-4618-b245-dfa0f2acbf58/keyboard-backlit?forum=itprovistaapps
Relevancy 61.06%

My aspire e5- 575g has a backlit keyboard, but it doesn't turn on, even when i press fn+f9, please help

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Backlit-Keyboard/td-p/458193
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey, recently purchased the HP Pavilion 17 g131na model and have found it has no backlit keyboard.. was just wondering if this is easily upgradeable? and if so how do i go about it without breaking my warrenty?... cheers

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/backlit-keyboard/td-p/5845929
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,  I changed the OS on my Envy 15-j007cl to Windows 7 (64bit).  I've gotten everything to work save two issues: 1)  It's missing one driver (Validity Fingerprint Sensor); USB\VID_138A&PID_0050&REV_0060.  I've downloaded the driver from links I've found here, but it still shows as missing.  The fingerprint reader still doesn't work, but I'm not sure if this OS supports the fingeprint reader.  Does anyone know if the fingerprint reader is supported with Win 7? 2)  The keyboard backlighting no longer works.  This is actually more of an issue to me than the fingerprint reader.  Can someone tell me if this is due to a missing driver or something else? Thank you  

A:Backlit keyboard

Hi @gruhls, Welcome to the HP Forums! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you. With downgrading your HP ENVY 15-j007cl Notebook you might need to change the BIOS. I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook. You could try the Download here, under the Software-Security, as it is for Windows 7 and should work fine. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!    Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Backlit-keyboard/td-p/5583518
Relevancy 61.06%

I dont have a backlit keyboard on my laptop but I was wondering if it was possible put one in?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Backlit-keyboard/td-p/5727642
Relevancy 61.06%

How do I turn on the backlit keyboard? I am colorblind and I can not see my keyboard keys at night. It's kind of frustrating.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Backlit-Keyboard/td-p/5757472
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm looking around for backlit keyboards, but I don't want anything too expensive. It would also be nice to have multimedia keys if possible. Also, if there's any good mice as well. I'd just like to look around because I'm thinking about changing mine. I don't have too much to spend so good deals would be nice.

A:Backlit Keyboard

How much are you looking to spend? Do you want a Mechanical keyboard, or a membrane keyboard?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/252770-backlit-keyboard.html
Relevancy 61.06%
Relevancy 61.06%

Sir, recently  i brought a new laptop 14-ac135tx now i wanted to change my standard keyboard with baclit keyboard can i do that 

A:backlit keyboard

No, sorry none of the keyboards offered in that model series is backlit which means the motherboard has no place to connect a wire to light a backlight and none of the keyboards has the backlight cable/wire in any event. There are quite a few ingenious aftermarket products that will provide a light on the keyboard for night work. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/backlit-keyboard/td-p/5754177
Relevancy 61.06%

Can I Replace a Keyboard(Non-Backlit) with Backlit Keyboard in my HP Pavilion 15-ab035tx?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Backlit-Keyboard/td-p/5610751
Relevancy 60.63%

I bought a IdeaPad P500 nontouch screen. I thought it had a backlite keyboard. I tried Fn + Spacebar and I also installed a new driver from the lenovo support. I'm not even 100% sure this laptop has a backlit, but all the others on youtube. I've also read that sometimes the intel driver stops the backlite from working.  Any help?

A:P500 Backlit Keyboard

Is there a icon on your spacebar-key?There should be a icon on it.Press Fn + Spacebar at the same time. And hold it.Let me know if you see the icon. If you see it it's possible that the cable for the backlit keyboard is detached which is why it is not working.But you might want to wait and see what Official Support will say. I don't believe you need drivers for a backlit keyboard since I can use it in the BIOS.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/P500-Backlit-Keyboard/td-p/1210466
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,  i would like to ask if Lenovo G510 supports backlit keyboard. I have to replace the keyboard as some keys stopped working and i wanted to know if the laptop supports it as I would like to put a backlit keyboard on instead of the usual keyboard.   

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Backlit-Keyboard-G510/td-p/3392527
Relevancy 60.63%

hi guys,first of all sorry for my bad english, i was wondering : can i update my non backlit keyboard in to a backlit one? i found a backlit keyboard for  Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 Z500A Z500G that seems exactly the same as mine. My model has a flat suitable for backlighting the keyboard?Can i buy the keyboard of the IdeaPad z500  and use it on my laptop. Thanks for helping me  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovoz-z50-70-Backlit-Keyboard/td-p/3396413
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a 8770-w and one of my keys has become unresponsive. Is it possible to upgrade keyboard with a backlit keyboard.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/8770-w-backlit-keyboard/td-p/5734599
Relevancy 60.63%

Anybody know? Ditto for NUM LOCK on at boot, please. Thx for any helpful advice!

A:how to set backlit keyboard always on (bright) wh...

Hi chazz101s , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

If you are planning on Booting with numlock turned on , this discussion can offer you options:
Press Win + R and type in RegeditNavigate to HKEY_USERS\Default\Control Panel\KeyboardRight click on the "InitialKeyboardIndicators", select Modify and changeValue data to 2. 

With the backlit keyboard control to ON bright , this may not be possible as per this discussion:
I don't think it is as simple as editing a value. The toggle of backlight/thinklight seems to be in the very low-level keyboard routines, that are almost certainly in the BIOS code itself. That would mean that the current state is either not saved anywhere, or saved in the CMOS.

Hope this help answer your query. 

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/how-to-set-backlit-keyboard-always-on-bright-when-Lenovo-ideapad/td-p/3429331
Relevancy 60.63%

When I ordered my notebook I didn't select the backlit keyboard. I would like to upgrade to a backlit keyboard. Is it possible even thogh it wasn't preinstalled?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/upgrading-to-backlit-keyboard/td-p/5851241
Relevancy 60.63%

I have recently bought a T460s ThinkPad and I would like to know if its keyboard is backlit. I tried to turn it on using Fn+Space Bar but it did not work. The user guide merely says that backlit keyboards are present on selected models. My model number is 20fa000qbr. Thanks!

A:T460s - How do I know if my keyboard is backlit?

Does your space bar have a small white cartoon of a lamp on its left edge? That would indicate an illuminated keyboard. If not it probably is not.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460s-How-do-I-know-if-my-keyboard-is-backlit/td-p/3415179
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a new E15 with backlit keyboard. I chose this model for that feature as I like to write in dim to no lighting. The backliting is off unless I hit a key first and then it only stays lit while using the keyboard.  I often pause to read my writing and ponder the next bit so by the time I'm ready to type again they keys are dark.Is there a registry hack that will allow me to extend the time before it turns off the lighting? Even one minute would be a great improvement. I've been through the power management settings and the BIOS. Nothing there.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E15-Backlit-Keyboard-settings/td-p/452562
Relevancy 60.63%

I ordered a computer with a backlit keyboard, but when it arrived, there seems to be no backlight option! As you can see, it clearly states the keyboard should be backlit. However, I see no option to turn on the backlight. It is not on the f5 key, f12 key, or the space bar.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Backlit-Keyboard-Button-Not-There/td-p/5744184
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,I have an HP Envy 15-j011dx laptop. I've always wanted a backlit keyboard for it, but was always told that it wouldn't be compatable. However, I was told that if my laptop had an empty Keyboard BL socket on the motherboard it would be compatable. I got around to opening it up, and I noticed that my laptop DOES in fact have the Keyboard BL socket open. I'd post a picture, but I don't know how. Here is the keyboard with a backlight that I found:https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-TouchSmart-m7-j003xx-m7-j010dx-m7-j020dx/dp/B00IJNX36S#immersive-...Anyways, des this socket mean that my laptop can be upgraded to a backlit keyboard?Thank you,Joe

A:Backlit Keyboard Compatable?

@joede44? What type of keyboard are you using???  " US, UK, French etc." I just need that info to give you the correct part number for the keyboard. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Backlit-Keyboard-Compatable/td-p/5699939
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello everybody, just purchased a Z50-70 and am pleased so far.However, the A**zon product specifications stated it would have a backlit keyboard (bought the 59424714). Up to now I have not been able to switch it on (Fn+space doesn't work) and/ or find any settings for it. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance!

A:Z50-70 backlit keyboard not working

Make sure all drivers are installed and up to date, also check bios settings just to double check everything is ok in there.

Lenovo y510p - Intel Quad-core 4th gen i7-4700MQ @3.40Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB HDD 8GB SSD - 1080p FHD - Nvidia 755m SLI

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z50-70-backlit-keyboard-not-working/td-p/1638462
Relevancy 60.63%

So I got a great deal on a slighlty used X250, but after using it for a bit realized it did not come with the backlit keyboard.  My spacebar does not have the little light symbol on it and obviously FN + Space Bar does nothing.  My impression was that the X250 backlit keyboard came standard on all X250's regardless of configuration.  Any ideas?

A:X250 without Backlit keyboard?

Hi and welcome, GunnderIf you purchased laptop in the Lenovo Canada on-line store or similar, backlight keyboard should be an only one option for x250. I don't see another options, in any case.Models with fixed configuration (i.e.not CTO) might have different type of keyboards, depending on the laptop model.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X250-without-Backlit-keyboard/td-p/2187856
Relevancy 60.63%

I use the One Link Pro Doc. When i am in doc mode, an icon appears at the center bottom of the screen showing that the backlit keyboard is off. The icon remains on the screen and interferes with my view. How did this get turned on and how can I get it to stop appearing? The only way to turn it off is to open the lid of the laptop and use the adaptive keyboard control to turn on the backlit keyboard, wheich then remains on while the lid is closed. Any way to fix this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/backlit-keyboard-Icon/td-p/2258466
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi guys,

Sorry to capture the thread a bit but since this one has been active recently:

I am interested to buy the E460, and now the general description (in Dutch: http://shop.lenovo.com/nl/nl/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/e460/#tab-functies , but also in English: http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/e460/#tab-features) tells me it has backlit keyboard. I also can't select it as an option like I can when I select the T450 for example. However, the (very few) reviews I can find say that it hasn't.

So, does it have a backlit keyboard? 

Thanks

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Does E460 have backlit keyboard?

My understanding is that neither the E460, or any of the E series laptops, have a backlit keyboard.   You have to move to the T series to get that option. Take Care,  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Does-E460-have-backlit-keyboard/td-p/3285641
Relevancy 60.63%

I have HP ENVY x360 - 15-u437clserial number: 5CD6082QWJwindows 10 x64 When I click f5 nothing happens . The rest of the function keys are working properly.  Factory reset Does not help what is the problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/backlit-keyboard-not-working/td-p/5807727
Relevancy 60.63%

Inspiron 17R SE (7720): Is it possible to manually enable/disable the backlit keyboard ? Is it possible to program it via software driver ?

A:Inspiron 17R SE - Backlit Keyboard

Hi,
Welcome to the Community. The F6 key is  - Keyboard back light on/off and brightness control.
If you are using the Function keys. Press < Fn >< F6 > once to turn on the keyboard back light. Press < Fn >< F6 > second time to decrease the brightness of the keyboard back light and pressing < Fn >< F6 > for the third time turns off the keyboard back light.
Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19462403
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello there!  The problem is that, I think My Envy 13's keyboard backlit is not bright enough.  First photo is normal one, and one that in last photo is my Envy. And it's so dark that I can not see any backlight during the day time.  Dose everyother Envy 13 has poor keyboard backlit like mine? Should I visit HP service center?   

A:Is my keyboard backlit normal??

Looks about right. The backlight is not supposed to be something you could use as a flashlight it just sets off the keys so you can see them on a dark airplane.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-my-keyboard-backlit-normal/td-p/5609422
Relevancy 60.63%

The backlit on my keyboard does not work.  How do you turn on the backlit feature?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-13t-backlit-keyboard/td-p/5652268
Relevancy 60.63%

Only 3 lights on backlit keyboard are working: Volume on/off, wifi on/off, and backlighting button on/off. Is there a way to troubleshoot software and hardware issues related to this problem? Or does this require replacing the keyboard all together. The keyboard is in mint condition so very frustrating

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/backlit-keyboard-not-working/td-p/5706190
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, I have just purchased a Pavilion 15-AB112AU and i love it in everyway except i was wondering if it has the ability to replace the exisiting keyboard with a backlit one?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/15-AB112AU-backlit-keyboard/td-p/5632015
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello community I just bought the new hp envy 13-d099nr and I will like to know if the space bar is the only key not being backlit, because I am having this problem and I am not sure if this is normal or what. The rest of the keys are backlit without any problem. Really appreciate any response. Thanks a lot.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Backlit Keyboard envy 13t

Hi @cmendoza7139,  Welcome to the HP Support Community! I read your post about your HP ENVY 13-d099nr Notebook and the Back-light concerns. You are correct in your findings, that the space bar does not light up on this Notebook. I hope this answers everything, Please click the Thumbs up and  Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Backlit-Keyboard-envy-13t/td-p/5599182
Relevancy 60.63%

I want to know if I can upgrade my keyboard to a backlit keyboard or not for my HP Pavilion 15 N208TX.

A:Backlit Keyboard for N208TX

Hi @sr5060il,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are have question about keyboard upgrades. I will be glad to help you. Per page 51 of the Maintenance and Service Guide, there is no black light keyboard available for this unit. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Backlit-Keyboard-for-N208TX/td-p/5595849
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, I recently bought a probook 450 g3 and want to try and change the backlit keyboard duration settings. ive tried finding the settings in teh bios and operating system with no luck. ive also found some drivers for it but none of the drivers are compatible with windows 10. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -Eric

A:Probook 450 G3 Backlit Keyboard

Eric121 wrote:Hi, I recently bought a probook 450 g3 and want to try and change the backlit keyboard duration settings. ive tried finding the settings in teh bios and operating system with no luck. ive also found some drivers for it but none of the drivers are compatible with windows 10. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -EricYou only have this option is the board has it built in or change the board to a compatible version board that has this feature. So you have to look at the Service manual to verify if yours has this option or not.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Probook-450-G3-Backlit-Keyboard/td-p/5463912
Relevancy 60.63%

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 the backlit keyboard does not automatically turn off when the notebook is not being used for an exteded period of time (for example at night when all lights in the room are off).  As I recall under Windows 7 Ultimate this worked properly.

A:Backlit Keyboard in Windows 10

Stan7520 wrote:Since I upgraded to Windows 10 the backlit keyboard does not automatically turn off when the notebook is not being used for an exteded period of time (for example at night when all lights in the room are off).  As I recall under Windows 7 Ultimate this worked properly.Nothing much that can be done here. Did you reload the drivers from Win7 into Win10 to see if the control function returns? If not then this would mean you can't use Win10 properly on your system and need to revert back to Windows 7.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Backlit-Keyboard-in-Windows-10/td-p/5222292
Relevancy 60.63%

Is it possible to customize my standard laptop backlit keyboard like gaming keyboards have? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Backlit-keyboard-customization/td-p/5650607
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello, I think for upgrade of the keyboard, but I want to know is it possible to upgrade it with backlit keyboard? My machine is Pavilion 15-p253nu, W7x64.  Many thanks in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Backlit-keyboard-upgrade/td-p/5631394
Relevancy 60.63%

Just curious to know (if anyone has checked this), how much battery is consumed when having the keyboard backlit vs. having the backlight turned off. Does it cut down the total usage time per charge by just a few minutes?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-backlit-keyboard/td-p/3443648
Relevancy 60.63%

Greetings! I have an ASPIRE V5-573 laptop. I intend to replace my original non-backlit keyboard to a backlit one. As i know to make that on the motherboard must be an another connector near the basic socket. Would be is it in the red sqare on the picture?  Thank you for your answering. Nico.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-v5-573-backlit-keyboard/td-p/436952/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.2%

ASIN B build/keyboard incredibly Inspiron gaming fragile laptop PYYDMQ Here s the amazon link to the laptop I bought I m just going to copy paste my review Overall this laptop is fine except for the plastic frame and keyboard being way worse than any other laptop I ve used A key became loose simply because I had a game Inspiron gaming laptop build/keyboard incredibly fragile where I pressed it too much no exceptional force applied I ve replaced keys in other keyboards and this has the most tiny hard to manipulate plastic hinges of all of them For other keyboards either peeling off the key from the top or bottom is easy For this neither is and if you risk it there s a very good chance you Inspiron gaming laptop build/keyboard incredibly fragile ll break the drips of plastic that hold the key to the hinge to avoid damage to the power cord i taped the end of up so it wouldn t bend After that just by lifting my laptop up and down in normal use the laptop was literally pried apart at the corner had to get it repaired The taped power cord was more stable than the chasis Now I don t necessarily blame this on Dell but it does speak to the build quality in addition simply inspecting the sides of the laptop and applying a little pressure with my FINGERNAILS which should never destroy a laptop a bit of border plastic popped off and despite seemingly having connectors to snap back on it would not Dell obviously cut corners or skimped when it came to this laptop s body to cut costs and have a more attractive sticker price I could rate it perhaps a because it s good performance but with all the laptops on the market one that is so fragile that it may as well have been put together for a school project with a keyboard that can be ruined just by pressing a key many times for a game is not worth going for

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990977
Relevancy 59.77%

Just reset Windows 10 after a bad "update". When I reboot my laptop on the Dell Screen and in bios my keyboard is bright as can be.  As soon as it boots into Windows 10 the backlight disappears and won't come back on at all.  I tried the Windows Mobility settings and there is no option for the backlight. I tried the FN + F10 toggle and all of the other toggles possible but none are working.  I updated all of the drivers and still can't get the backlight to come back on.  Any help is appreciated. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988894
Relevancy 59.77%
Relevancy 59.77%

I ordered accientially a T460s without keyboard backlit (german layout) . Is it possible to change the keyboards ? May I perform the change on my own without any affect on my warranty?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-I-upgrade-a-T460s-keyboard-non-backlit-to-a-backlit-one/td-p/3399031
Relevancy 59.77%

Is it possible to have the backlit keyboard turn on as the default?  (Acer Aspire M5)

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Backlit keyboard default setting

*bangs head on desk*
So sorry, I misread the unit. 

M5 does have Fn +F9 to turn on and off the backlight on the keyboard.

Regarding having it default to ON: 
I am not aware of a setting that will enable it by default, as it does add additional power draw, and will reduce battery life.
Leaving it as a setting for the user via toggle (Fn +F9) allows everyone to use the setting when they need or want to do so.

Again, sorry about the mix up.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base ArticlesRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Backlit-keyboard-default-setting/td-p/29601/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all,a few days ago, presumably after some Lenovo (or Win 10) software update, i noticed that the backlit keyboard had just 3 modes left: off, low and high. The fourth mode, automatic, which was indeed available in the preceding days, was gone.It is no more listed in the Lenovo Settings app, and i cannot anymore choose it neither by using the Lenovo Settings app nor by cycling among backlit modes with fn-space.I add that in the device manager everything is ok, there are no yellow marks so the light sensor should be working properly: in fact, the screen brightness can still be set to automatic.Any idea on what could be done to get back the automatic mode? Maybe there are some regedit entries to be fixed, or something like that?Best regards and thanks in advance.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-keyboard-automatic-backlit-gone/td-p/3363041
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, I bought the Thinkpad P50 about a month ago and I got all that I needed on it, except I forgot to check the box to get it with the backlit keyboard. I have already bought the backlit keyboard from an online store (part #: 00PA288), but I just want to make sure that there is no issue with me installing it on my Thinkpad P50. That is, the hardware/software is fully compatible with the backlit keyboard even if it did not originally come with it? Thanks,Tony.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Thinkpad-P50-Upgrading-to-backlit-keyboard/td-p/3340734
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi All,

I bought my Inspiron 15 3542 back in November and would like to replace the existing keyboard with a backlit one. I think the part number is G7P48. My question is if the laptop didn't come with this feature, will this replacement work?

Thanks,Nick

A:Inspiron 15 3542 backlit keyboard

Hi Nick,
Dell Inspiron 15 3542 is shipped with only Chiclet style keyboard you will not find any compatible backlit keyboard for this system.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19638978
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all,i have an aspire Aspire V3-371-5149 bought in italy.  the keyboard have the european, (uk) layout.  the keyboard installed doens't have the backlit function.so i have found on ebay ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-UK-Keyboard-for-Acer-Aspire-V3-371-V3-371-37T9-V3-371-52GP-with-backli...)  this keyboard fully compatible with my model.  the question is:  my laptop support backlit keyboard??  Please tell me yes 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V3-371-5149-backlit-keyboard/td-p/464702
Relevancy 59.77%

I have recently replaced my laptop's bezel. Since then backlit is not working even though the settings are correct. Could this issue be due to bezel replacement. If yes, please suggest how to resolve it

A:backlit keyboard not working- XPS 15 L502

I assume that removed both the keyboard and palm rest first to remove the LCD assembly and finally the LCD bezel. I would go back and check the keyboard and make sure that both the keyboard data and back lite cables are connected correctly. The manual doesn't show a back lit keyboard, but on back lit keyboards there are two cables that will need to be connected. 
TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982176
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, My Product is HP Pavilion 15-p207TX NB PC. I want to know that is it possible to change by keyboard from normal to backlit keyboard..???. If yes what is the cost . And One more thing my laptop is in warranty if I change my keyboard will it effect ..?? Thank you 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-from-normal-to-backlit-keyboard/td-p/5734777
Relevancy 59.77%

I just received my new XPS 13 9350 and the backlit keyboard never worked.. the only light i can see is from the caps lock...
I've no idea whether this is a hardware problem or just some driver problem...
I've tried the BIOS setting but nothing changed. And the Windows Mobility Center didn't show anything about keyboard backlight..

A:xps 13 9350 keyboard backlit not working...

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us! You can use the F6 key combination to enable or disable backlight.

Hoping this helps!
Regards,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19659693
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I have a Vostro 3559 and I am pretty happy with it. I would like to -though- replace the keyboard with a backlit keyboard. Some suppliers on the internet say I need to check and not all 3559 are suitable for a backlit keyboard. When I remove the non-backlit keyboard I see a connector for the keyboard flat cable and next to it a 4 pin flat cable connector that is labeled as "B_BL1" (or something similar). I see that a flat cable on a backlit keyboard is also 4 pins. Does this mean I can upgrade the 3559 with a backlit keyboard.
Are there any people with experience with this issue?
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992078
Relevancy 59.77%

Good day, I am trying to configure the laptop so that everytime it powers up, or comes back from sleep, the backlit keyboard is off.current behavior is always on and I have to manually press Fn + F9i could not find any settings in the Bios to do so?my laptop is VN7-571G-7309 (Aspite V15 Nitro)

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Make-Backlit-Keyboard-off-by-default/td-p/432767/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,i want to ask that Does 450 G3 Probook supports Backlit keyboard?if yes so please any one can post link from where to buy.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Does-450-G3-Probook-supports-Backlit-keyboard/td-p/5846179
Relevancy 59.77%

I hate that my laptaps keyboard isn't backlit. Is there a backlit replcement for this?

A:Is the a backlit keyboard for an Acer Aspire E5-77...

There is, however, I highly doubt a standard user would ever want to do this. And you will 100% break your warranty, and quite possibly break your computer trying to replace it. It is your own responcibility if you do it. It is not user friendly to implement. But if you really want to risk everything, you can find the part online, but your risk. If you want, you can wait for a ACE member to answer your question.

First, CALM DOWN and look at my profile picture. Calm? Now post your message. If I helped, a Kudos would be great! Marking as solution will help others as well, thank you!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Is-the-a-backlit-keyboard-for-an-Acer-Aspire-E5-772/td-p/426618/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a new Dell XPS Linux edition this one and immediately installed Linux Mint on it wiping the Ubuntu which was shipped with the it I am really confident with it only the backlight for the keyboard is not working I have a keyboard working backlit not keyboard DELL XPS light symbol on my F key but when I press it nothing happens All other features and all other media controls media keys screen brightness keys work When clicking the battery icon in the Linux Mint taskbar I see controls one for the keyboard lights brightness and DELL XPS keyboard backlit not working one for the screen brightness When I drag those bars only the screen brightness is working again I also see the settings in nbsp sys class leds dell kbd backlight I think that s the config folder for it The brightness nbsp file in this directory contains quot DELL XPS keyboard backlit not working quot so as I understand this correctly this should theoretically work As I noted before I immediately installed Linux Mint on it so I can t say whether it worked before And this is really the only thing which is not working on the laptop I have obviously checked that my ultrabook has backlights with the product number on its back Do you have some tips so I can get this to work Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991339
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I have T430S (Model 2356-CL9 Ser/PK-0W2E3) without backlit keyboard and think'ing to install for backlit like on ebay :eg.KEYBOARD IBM BACKLIT T530 T430 T430s X230 X130e W530 04X1353 0C02034 V130020CS3 Do you think it will work, probably we need some extra plug for this ?My laptop has stock ThinkLight on top of LCD  (fn+Space works ON/OFF for it well).Appreicate you help if you can know details. Or maybe I can get two lights ? :-) TxMario

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Chromebooks-11e-X-and/T430S-Can-I-replace-keyboard-for-backlit-one/td-p/3328082
Relevancy 59.77%

Quite simply, my question is this: Which ProBooks on the UK market, if any, have a backlit keyboard? There is seemingly no clarity on this, certainly not in the ProBook specificiation details, it is incredibly frustrating. I believe for the ProBook 455 G3 a backlit keyboard is optional? Does this mean a ProBook laptop can be ordered with a backlit keyboard directly from HP? Which laptops, if any, in the ProBook 450 series have a backlit keyboard? I will not make a purchase until i have clarity on this matter.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/ProBook-Series-Backlit-Keyboard/td-p/5588705
Relevancy 59.77%

I bought the Z500 for the backlit keyboard but it's never been backlit and I've since learned that's an add-on option for the Z500 (and the guy at MicroCenter def didn't tell me that was an additional option).  How do I know whether my keyboard has the backlit feature? 

A:Backlit keyboard option on Z500?

Hi dustbunnycapers , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

There are variant models for Z500 that has optional backlit keyboards. 
To check externally , there is a backlit icon on the spacebar to indicate FN + spacebar to turn on/off.

Would you have the machine number on the sticker or to check it from parts lookup page.
Machine numbers indicate the variants and the part number of the keyboard if it have that features . 
Compare the keyboard part number with the FRU list from the hardware manual (page 106-110). 

Finally checking under the hood. (physically checking)
There would be 2 cables under the keyboard going to the motherboard , additional cable is to power up the backlight similar to this.

Update us as soon as convenient .

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Backlit-keyboard-option-on-Z500/td-p/3305180
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello..

I have the S50-B-15P model with Windows 10 installed. I never checked if the backlit keyboard worked on Windows 8.1, as soon as I got it I upgraded to Windows 10.

I have installed all the drivers from the Toshiba Windows 10 upgrade page however as before the keyboard works just not backlit!
I opened the eco utility software and checked for the keyboard backlit settings under eco mode however it does not exist and no setting exists in the BIOS either.The keyboard does have the symbol to enable the backlit function on the Z key however pressing FN + Z does nothing.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? Does the keyboard even have this function or is it faulty?

Thanks, Craig

A:Satellite S50-B-15P backlit keyboard not working

I have the same problem as its with you
my laptop is Satellite S50T-B1391 which is new just 4 days I check every thing like you Fn+Z is not working the bios is new version and nothing is there also nothing about backlit in eco utility app

I check it in win 8.1 before upgrading and win 10 all have the same problem

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?85788-Satellite-S50-B-15P-backlit-keyboard-not-working