Windows Support Forum

Can't change wireless adapter properties in Network Connections (Windows 7)

Q: Can't change wireless adapter properties in Network Connections (Windows 7)

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on an HP G60-120US laptop.  I have an Atheros AR5009 wireless adapter.
I have no problems with internet access.  However, in Network and Sharing Center I left click on "change adapter settings", right click on Wireless Network Connection, and then left click on Properties I get an error box that says "An unexpected error occurred."  I tried to do a clean boot using MSCONFIG but that did not work.  I tried to uncheck the "Load startup items" box but after restarting it was shaded solid again.  I then tried to check the "Diagnostic Startup" radio button and then click on "apply" but it jumps right back to selective startup.  Can you please help me clean my laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603920/cant-change-wireless-adapter-properties-in-network-connections-windows-7/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't change wireless adapter properties in Network Connections (Windows 7)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 98.04%

Whenever I try to change my network connections I get the following error:

Cannot write phonebook.
Error 624: The system could not update the phone book file.
I am also having other issues that may or may not be related see threads:

http://forums.techguy.org/t294765.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t294528.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t294305.html

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-properties-of-network-connections.294815/
Relevancy 86.43%

Where to start My old wireless network adapter recently died RIP and for the past few days I had Wireless connections. find Network Adapter wont been running Wireless Network Adapter wont find connections. internet Wireless Network Adapter wont find connections. to my computer via my laptop which was getting my internet wirelessly And today I bought a new wireless network adapter a MicroNEXT cm I installed the drivers and restarted my pc and plugged it in etc and from there it should of been bang straight away on the internet job done But obviously nothing is ever that simple I ve been on various websites trying to find a solution to my problem which is basically everything is working fine even in the properties it says this device is working properly BUT it wont detect any connections i ve tried everything I can think of down to restarts reinstalling drivers simply unplugging it and plugging it back in updating drivers troubleshooting which just sent me in circles via the help and support and out of the numerous forums no one i ve seen is having a similar problem so I can t seem to figure out what s wrong as there s seems to be no actual reason There is another thing which is i m using Window Home basic I think and when I start my pc even though there is no network cable plugged in it still seems to think that i m trying to connect through a wire and then obviously doesn t find a connection and I think this is because of me recently getting internet using a network cable to my laptop and everytime I plug it back into my laptop it works straight away but at the point when I plug my wireless network adapter in nothing it doesn t even seem to be attempting to work or even find a connection I m seriously baffeld and on the verge of giving up Help would be appreciated Thanks Dazz x nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

Hi I m new to this so bear with me I know there are a lot of forum posts on this on this forum and many others but manager connections network in network 7) available and no No device adapter (windows after hours of trawling through them and getting nowhere I No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) thought I would make a thread with my specific problem and see if anyone No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) can help I got my new graphics card yesterday and after hours of trying to get that to work it s in and working but now I have a red cross where it says my internet is connected and when I click on it it says No Connections are No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) available I have a wired connection and the ethernet cable is in there is no light on my mobo to confirm this When I troubleshoot it says Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter If you have a network adapter you will need to reinstall the driver I have got my MOBO CD and attempted to do that but the gigabyte interface is completely missing and I can t find the network adapter on there I have also tried downloading the new drivers first on my laptop and running them on the PC but that had no success and the second time through my Iphone personal hotspot but with the same results I know the ethernet cable works because I have put it in my laptop I have a Gigabyte H MA-D v Mobo i K GB Ram GTX Running Windows Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I m close to putting my foot through my PC Thanks James nbsp

A:No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-connections-available-and-no-network-adapter-in-device-manager-windows-7.1117129/
Relevancy 79.55%

Referred from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t experiencing-rundll-error-windows-on-start-up OBThis all started when my BF clicked on a fake virus alert He scanned the computer right away with MBAM and caught various things but even when we rebooted webpages Properties for Network start windows locked, up, error Rundll and Connections redirect. open on certain programs couldn't start up Firefox was fixed with help from the apartment complex's service provider but SAS couldn't get Updates and I've had to reinstall AVG Free Ed I've also reinstalled IE and Yahoo IM which were outdated and had start up and log in problems because of the infection Uniblue Registry Booster does not seem to have any problems starting and Properties for Network Connections locked, Rundll error windows open on start up, and webpages redirect. functioning Since then I've caught a few things with MBAM SAS and AVG but the system is definitely not clean yet I still get redirects and trojans or roguewares pop up from time to time that are caught by AVG FREE EDITION While trying to get rid of the RUNDLL error windows with Moderator boopme I discovered I could not access the Properties button or Right-Click Properties for Network Connections A Network Connections window pops up that says unexpected error occurred I was instructed to post here using - of the Preperation Guide I tried to make a GMER log but the Properties for Network Connections locked, Rundll error windows open on start up, and webpages redirect. first time through AVG prevented it from going past a certain point After disabling AVG temporarily it finished quickley but froze before I could save the log and while I was trying to enable the AVG Resident Sheild The third scan took much longer than the second scan but ended in a blue screen that said there was a problem detected and that Windows had to shut down to prevent damage A file was listed pwtdipog sysUnder it was PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREARestart instructions were included there after followed by Technical Information whiich I can post if needed Here are my logs from Steps DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Gina at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster rbmonitor exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Documents and Settings Gina Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp neko-sentai com uSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search htmlmStart Page hxxp www yahoo comuInternet Settings ProxyServer http uInternet Settings ProxyOverride uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo comBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Skype add-on for Internet Explorer ... Read more

A:Properties for Network Connections locked, Rundll error windows open on start up, and webpages redirect.

Hello Kou_Kagerou, My names Syler and I will be helping you to solve your malware issues. Sorry for the delayin replying, we are very busy at the moment.Please note we are very busy, so if I don't hear from you within 5 days the topic will be closed, If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if you would let me no so I can close this topic.Download and Run MBR Rootkit Scan Please download MBR Rootkit Detector and save it on your desktop. Go to Start >> Run then copy and paste the following line into the run boxcmd /c "%userprofile%\desktop\mbr.exe" -t& start mbr.log Select Run when you recieve a Security Warning The process is automatic, a black DOS window will appear and disappear suddenly. This is normal. A log file will the be created on your desktop where you ran mbr.exe from. Copy and paste the contents of mbr.log on your next reply.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exenetsvcsmsconfigdrivers32CREATERESTOREPOINTPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThen please post back here with the following logs: MBAM log mbr.log OTL.txt Extra.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333978/properties-for-network-connections-locked-rundll-error-windows-open-on-start-up-and-webpages-redirect/
Relevancy 77.4%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 74.39%

i have a laptop Toshiba A200-13R (core duo 2.0(T2450) ghz, 512+2 Ram
(667mhz) 160GB hdd). As a factory product it came with vista home basic. I
installed xp proffessional as dual os. Both were working fine. 3 days before
i have bought ram to upgrade but that is bad system was giving plenty of
errors so i replaced the old Ram. after that if i connect the network cable
before starting the system it is working fine. if i start without network
cable connected system is neither opening the network connections nor the
system properties. i tried the following

* Restored from the restore points before upgrading the ram
* Tried to reinstall the LAN Driver it's not able to update the driver
* Tried to update windows xp but it's not responding and staying the step
Collecting informations for ever.

so please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-prof-not-able-to-open-network-connections-and-system-properties.622399/
Relevancy 73.1%

I Network adapter properties could really use some help I have figured out what is causing my issue and will explain the best I can Relatively new network with wired desktop and wireless laptop through Netgear router I narrowed the issue down to Power Management of Network adapter properties the Wireless Network Adapter If the Wireless Network Adapter is set to its default properties including Power Management-- gt Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power when I fire up the laptop it connects right away but the problem is the Network Map is not correct the laptop doesn't show it's information including IPv If I manually uncheck and recheck the TCP Network adapter properties IPv box under Networking the network disconnects and reconnects and the map is good with the laptop showing its IPv address But if it goes back to sleep the next time it wakes Network adapter properties up and connects the map will be wrong So if I disable Power Management-- gt Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power the network map appears correct and the laptop shows it's IPv info problem is and it's a big one it takes one to two minutes to connect to the router So either I live with the wrong Network Map everything still is networked as I am using Homegroup or I live with a delayed connection to my wireless but the Network Map is correct This is a new laptop and I already reinstalled the Wireless Adapter there are no updates to the drivers I'm tempted to to do something related to TCP IP Perhaps reset it to default since there does seem to be some relationship to the IPv setting But I just don't know what to do at this point I'd really appreciate any help

A:Network adapter properties

Turn off that option to allow it to turn off the WiFi. If the system goes to sleep the WiFi will be turned off with it. If you are using the system you certainly don't want the WiFi to be turned off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249807-network-adapter-properties.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey , I am currently experiencing a major problem in my system . It seems that the wifi software has been deleted i.e. the wireless adapter driver and the software has been somehow been uninstalled . This issue began after the recent Windows 8.1 update . These are my laptop specs :- Operating System: Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bitSystem Model: HP ENVY 15-k004neProcessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz (4 CPUs) I've tried to fix the issue by installing all possibly compatible drivers and softwares but none of them seemed to work .I've also reset my pc to factory state using windows recovery as well as Hp recovery and yet the problem was not fixed .I also checked online for solutions but since the laptop products vary , the issue does not seem to be fixed .  Looking forward to helpful advices ...   Thank you.  

A:No wireless connections availble / Wireless adapter driver d...

Hi If a Factory Fresh install has not worked, then there is the possibility it is disabled in the BIOS or the Hardware has failed. If it is software related... Then we look in Device Manager; View; Show hidden Devices  to see if it is actually acknowledged. NEXT...  As an adminstrator, in a Command Prompt Window, typegetmacThis will list MAC addresses for those items that are present, and may not be connected.A good number would be 3,1 x Ethernet1 x Wi-Fi1 x Bluetoothand then typeipconfigand in the long list look for named devices have a matching MAC address.Along with Device manager this is a way to determine the number of devices.  NEXT  type netsh wlan show driversnetsh wlan show interfaces ping loopbackping 192.168.0.1  (your default gateway) Now you should have an idea if the Physical Hardware exists, and if does are there any drivers or addesses etc associated with it.  If you then post any relevant details we can move on to the next step. If in doubt please ask.

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-wireless-connections-availble-Wireless-adapter-driver/td-p/5590745
Relevancy 71.38%

When I click on the properties tab for my NIC in Workstation 4.0 I get "cannot configure software component" message, how do I resolve this? I am trying to figure out my network settings. IE: Full or Half Duplex.

A:Network Adapter Properties {Moved to Networking}

This isn't a tip or trick. I'm going to transfer this over to the Networking forum.
Check for updates there

Well, I can't seem to move it. I've alerted TechGuy and this thread will be moved shortly.

[This message has been edited by ich (edited 08-29-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-properties-moved-to-networking.29049/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi guys, im having a huge headache due to my wireless not working.
My old adaptor broke so i hooked up wired until my new one arrived today.
It is just a belkin basic adaptor, and i installed it correctly, however it is picking up no connections at all. I tried it in my wifes PC and it works straight away picking up 6 connections.

I can see it in the network adaptors next to my LAN, it says its working. No conflicts in device manager either.

Here is a screenshot of what i am getting...

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s150/gibsonstu/network.jpg

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

A:Wireless USB adapter not picking up connections

running (or leaving enabled) both wired and wireless frequently causes problems,
so if you're committed to WiFi, disable the wired NIC in the device manager.

you're also running IPv6, so must be on Vista or Win/7. Configurations are
easiest to manage if you disable IPv6.

Use Google and search for "disable IPv6" and follow the instructions for your system {Vista, Win/7} and disable ALL IPv6.

Reboot and try again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-usb-adapter-not-picking-up-connections.174139/
Relevancy 70.52%

Whenever I select my wireless adapter right click and choose quot Properties quot the properties window freezes and results Viewing freezing. properties network adapter a in along with Viewing a network adapter properties results in freezing. it the explorer Viewing a network adapter properties results in freezing. window Some time ago I had disabled a bunch of services some of which were related to networking I had done so because they were causing intensive CPU use problems while they were being loaded I realize now I should of set them to manual and I have set as many as I can remember to manual but the problem still exist Is there something else I could try to undo this problem and aside from this everything else works fine with no internet or network problems nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by vpwin Name --Description ----Status ------Startup Type --------Log On As ActiveX Installer AxInstSV --Provides User Account Control validation for the installation of ActiveX controls from the Internet and enables management of ActiveX control installation based on Group Policy settings This service is started on demand and if disabled the installation of ActiveX controls will behave according to default browser settings ------Manual --------Local System Adaptive Brightness --Monitors ambient light sensors to detect changes in ambient light and adjust the display brightness If this service is stopped or disabled the display brightness will not adapt to lighting conditions ------Manual --------Local Service Adobe LM Service --AdobeLM Service ------Manual --------Local System Akamai NetSession Interface --Provides networking protocol and file transfer technologies If the service is stopped those applications that depend on the service may fail to transfer files or otherwise function properly ----Started ------Automatic --------Local System Apple Mobile Device --Provides the interface to Apple mobile devices ----Started ------Automatic --------Local System Application Experience --Processes application compatibility cache requests for applications as they are launched ----Started ------Manual --------Local System Application Identity --Determines and verifies the identity of an application Disabling this service will prevent AppLocker from being enforced ------Manual --------Local Service Application Information --Facilitates the running of interactive applications with additional administrative privileges If this service is stopped users will be unable to launch applications with the additional administrative privileges they may require to perform desired user tasks ----Started ------Manual --------Local System Application Layer Gateway Service --Provides support for rd party protocol plug-ins for Internet Connection Sharing ----Started ------Manual --------Local Service avast Antivirus --Manages and implements avast antivirus services for this computer This includes the resident protection the virus chest and the scheduler ----Started ------Automatic --------Local System Background Intelligent Transfer Service --Transfers files in the background using idle network bandwidth If the service is disabled then any applications that depend on BITS such as Windows Update or MSN Explorer will be unable to automatically download programs and other information ----Started ------Manual --------Local System Base Filtering Engine --The Base Filtering Engine BFE is a service that manages firewall and Internet Protocol security IPsec policies and implements user mode filtering Stopping or disabling the BFE service will significantly reduce the security of the system It will also result in unpredictable behavior in IPsec management and firewall applications ----Started ------Automatic --------Local Service BitLocker Drive Encryption Service --BDESVC hosts the BitLocker Drive Encryption service BitLocker Drive Encryption provides secure startup for the operating system as well as full volume encryption for OS fixed or removable volumes This service... Read more

A:Viewing a network adapter properties results in freezing.

Can you share with us your list of services, and if they are enabled/manual/disabled or whatever. We may notice one more that might need to be enabled.

Once that's ruled out we can look at other causes? Any suggestions any1?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91559-viewing-network-adapter-properties-results-freezing.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I bought an external USB WiFi adapter Alfa AWUS NHA a few months ago for the purpose of using it for penetration testing studying networking and Internet security fooling around with 2nd Showing Win Not x64 Network Connections 8.1 Adapter In WiFi hacking and just generally being able to get much stronger signals and throughput etc It's supposed to be one of the top-rated adapters on the market for these purposes and retails at around USD online And a wide variety Win 8.1 x64 Not Showing 2nd Network Adapter In Connections of screw-on antennas can be used with it from straight antennas Win 8.1 x64 Not Showing 2nd Network Adapter In Connections to flat-panel antennas Win 8.1 x64 Not Showing 2nd Network Adapter In Connections I really like it and it's been very reliable and issue-free for me in the past But the issue is that it isn't showing up in the Connections list when I click on the WiFi icon in the Taskbar It does however show up in Control Panel Network and Internet Network Connections as quot Wi-Fi quot It used to work on Win and Win and showed up in both my adapters list and the Taskbar as quot Wi-Fi quot my internal WiFi card was displayed as quot Wi-Fi quot and the external card was displayed as quot Wi-Fi quot in the Connections list but I have never been able to get it to work in It simply won't show up in Connections no matter what I do I can disable and enable the adapter via the Control Panel but when I click on the Connections icon I only see my internal adapter Normally I would see both adapters and should even be able to disable the internal in favor of using the external since an OS can only be connected to the Internet at any given time with one adapter and obviously I would want to use the better of the in certain situations It came with a driver disc I installed the drivers from that and nothing so far I've also tried downloading the latest drivers from the Alfa website as well as from ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows Atheros But still nothing There is no Win -specific driver for the device only for but that should work fine in my experience The blue light on the adapter also blinks like it should and it shows up in Device Manager listed as quot Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter quot Device Manager displays the drivers as being installed and says the device is working properly I also have no issues using it in Linux distros like BackTrack and Kali And I have tried installing the drivers in Win compatibility mode and with admin priviledges I have also tried manually installing the drivers via Device Manager As well as searching Windows Update to see if anything is anything is available for it nothing comes up I should also note that when I install the drivers it asks me if I want to install the Client Utilities and driver or just the driver alone Choosing the first option results in a BSOD on reboot this also happened with but not with It's presumably due to the Client Utilities which from past experience I can tell are not necessary essential to the operation of the device it only needs the drivers Being able to use this card is essential for me but I really do hate the thought of rolling back to or even just to get it to work I've been running since the beta and now have the stable version nearly everything works fine except for this one niggling issue and a few other minor things I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me get this working once and for all I will provide any additional info if requested Thanks in advance for any help

A:Win 8.1 x64 Not Showing 2nd Network Adapter In Connections

Please copy & paste the following into notepad.
Code:
netsh wlan show all >%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
sc query dhcp >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
sc query dnscache >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
sc query wlansvc >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
ipconfig /all >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
netsh advfirewall show global >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
netsh winhttp show proxy >>%userprofile%\Desktop\Network.txt
Save the file as "Network.bat"Right click the file and select Run as Administrator.This will create a file called "Network.txt" on the desktop.Copy & paste the contents into your next post.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37797-win-8-1-x64-not-showing-2nd-network-adapter-connections.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Computer Info:

Emachine T3065
CPU: AMD Athlon? XP 3000+ Processor
QuantiSpeed? Architecture operates at 2.167GHz
512KB L2 cache & 333MHz FSB
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft? Windows? Vista Ultimate
Chipset: NVIDIA? nForce?2
Memory: 512MB DDR (PC 2700)
Expandable to 2GB
Hard Drive: 160GB HDD (7200rpm)
Optical Drive: 48x Max. CD-RW Drive; 16x Max. DVD Drive
Media Reader: 8-in-1 Digital Media Manger (USB 2.0, Secure Digital? (SD), Smart Media, Compact Flash, Memory Stick?, Memory Stick PRO, Micro Drive, Multimedia Card)
Video: NVIDIA? GeForce?4? MX graphics (1 AGP 8x slot available)
Sound: nForce? 6-channel Audio
Network: 10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals: Premium Plus Multimedia Keyboard, 2-Button Wheel Mouse, Amplified Stereo Speakers
Ports/Other: 5 USB 2.0 ports (4 in back; 1 in Media Reader), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Audio-In & Out
Dimensions: 7.25"W x 14.125"H x 16"D
Having trouble connecting to the internet. Any network does not show. So can't view properties. Please help. Thanks!

A:Network Adapter Not Visible In Network Connections

Could it be disabled in the BIOS? Have you tried resetting the BIOS to default/safe values?
Can you try another network card (they're fairly cheap)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148117/network-adapter-not-visible-in-network-connections/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I recently updated the driver for this network adapter, went from version 18.8 to 21.0. When I go to Device Manager > Network Adapters > Intel Ethernet Connection I217-V, it seems like the properties window for that adapter takes about 5-6 seconds to open and certain tabs like General/Link Speed/Advanced/Power Management/Teaming/VLANs take a few seconds to load after clicking on them.

Is this normal? I can't remember if the window for this adapter was faster loading on previous versions of the driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/397706-intel-i217-v-network-adapter-properties-slow-open.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a V5-571P laptop(64 bit) which has been running on Windows 10 since launch of Windows 10 - with no problems.However, after a recent automatic update for Windows 10 and on start up I get a notification that the Broadcom 802.11 network adapter wireless network controller is incompatible and I can't connect to the internet wirelessly (only ethernet). Have had Microsoft help trying to resolve remotely but without success. Looking at Acer website v5-571P isn't listed for Windows 10 support. Can anyone suggest a solution?

A:Windows 10 - wireless network adapter

Try this driver:http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Wireless%20LAN/Wireless%20LAN_Broadcom_7.35.267.0_W10... uninstall the prvious driver, then download and install the newer 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Windows-10-wireless-network-adapter/td-p/410919/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a V5-571P laptop(64 bit) which has been running on Windows 10 since launch of Windows 10 - with no problems.However, after a recent automatic update for Windows 10 and on start up I get a notification that the Broadcom 802.11 network adapter wireless network controller is incompatible and I can't connect to the internet wirelessly (only ethernet). Have had Microsoft help trying to resolve remotely but without success. Looking at Acer website v5-571P isn't listed for Windows 10 support. Can anyone suggest a solution?

A:Windows 10 - wireless network adapter

Try this driver:http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Wireless%20LAN/Wireless%20LAN_Broadcom_7.35.267.0_W10... uninstall the prvious driver, then download and install the newer 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Windows-10-wireless-network-adapter/td-p/410919
Relevancy 69.66%

I am working on someone's XP Pro SP2 Box, and I cannot change the properties of any network connection. When I right click on the connection and click properties is says "Do not have sufficient privileges, contact your administrator"

I am the Administrator, logged in as the administrator account, and the machine is not on a domain.

Any Ideas what setting could cause this, and where it is?
I wasnt even aware you could lock administrator out...

Thanks -
Mike

Relevancy 69.66%

I am trying to add a refurbished HP system Windows System 7: change setting network Properties Can't > ID setting to my menagerie It had Windows Pro bit installed when I got it I went through the setup without any problems created a user account for myself Lewis set the system name Windows 7: Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting to TestPC and started installing and testing some software Simple internet access Windows 7: Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting web page browsing is working fine Today I connected and external disk drive from a Windows XP system and I was able to successfully read anything on it But when I attempted to delete a file I was told I needed permission even though I am the administrator I found some instructions at Microsoft for changing ownership of the files on the external drive so I did that It was then that I noticed the user name shown was Lewis TestPC Lewis and I was still not able to delete files on the external drive Being primarily a Unix person I have been fumbling around looking for something that would indicate why Windows felt the need to attach the system name to user names In Computer gt Properties gt Computer name domain and workgroup settings gt System Properties gt Computer Name gt Network ID I found a selection with the following description quot This computer is part of aa business network I use it to connect to other computers at work quot Since this is not true I selected the other option and worked my way back out to restart the computer After the restart that erroneous setting was still there I have tried several more times to change it but they have all failed Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Lewis

A:Windows 7: Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting

Hi Lewis, welcome to the Seven Forums.

The \\DOMAIN_OR_PC_NAME\USERNAME combination is not erroneous, it's how Windows keeps track of users in your network (even if said network only has one Windows PC).

For Windows, when a computer does not belong to a domain, the PC name is used instead of a domain name. I am currently typing this using a laptop with name AGM-W8LAP02 (my own naming policy, my home network is called AGM and this is Windows 8 Laptop number 02). My complete username for this user profile I am currently using on this computer is \\AGM-W8LAP02\Kari. This combination \\DOMAIN_OR_PC_NAME\USERNAME does separate my user profile Kari on this computer from user profile Kari on other computers. User \\AGM-W8LAP02\Kari is not the same user than \\AGM-W7DESK01\Kari.

For Windows it's easier and more logical to use this naming policy even if your PC would be the only one in network. If you now add computers to your network which also contain user profile Lewis, Windows does not have to change the system to be able to separate users not only from other users on the same computer but also from same users on other computers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332361-windows-7-cant-change-setting-system-properties-network-id-setting.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello everyone There's a thing that puzzles me I have installations of Win Home Premium on different machines one on a self-built desktop one on a Sony Vaio and one on a HP Pavillion Plus a fourth installation of Win Starter on a little Asus EeePC The Network Connections window on the last one Starter shows for every adapter some details Pic as I believe is the norm while on the other installations Pic only the name of the connection is shown and it seems I can do nothing to get back what seems to be the normal indications as far as I know adapter Connections show No in details Network from past experience I have searched the web extensively but I can't find one single instance of this strange No adapter details show in Network Connections behaviour mentioned It seems I am the only one in the world to see this or I am a very bad searcher Anyone knows why this happens and how to fix it No great deal but I find it a bit irritating Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390581-no-adapter-details-show-network-connections.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I am going to thank all in advance for any help you can give I have been working on this now for a few days and am making no progress I have read through every available forum message I could find tried most of it and am still at a loss A little history Vista Home Premium HP series laptop internal wireless and ethernet connection Netgear WGR v Router Motorola Broadband Modem SB Machine specifc information below Wn XP Desktop wired to router - connection perfect Win XP Old laptop Adapter Working/No Connections Network Quit wired to router - connection perfect Vista laptop wireless to router - connection dropped Wireless has always functioned perfectly until yesterday Booted up machine - no wireless connection I wired the laptop to the router no connection I wired the laptop direct to the modem no connection It s like someone just turned them off I went to the Netgear site Network Adapter Quit Working/No Connections and checked the router status wireless status etc and everything Network Adapter Quit Working/No Connections looks fine I admit the firmware needs to be updated but with two machines working fine and the laptop functioning fine for the last months I don t want to do that just yet I am pasting information from this machine below per instruction from other posts If you need further information don t hesitate to ask FROM SYSTEM INFORMATION SCREENS OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name LAPTOP System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard F SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Network Adapter Quit Working/No Connections Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Laptop Stagg Time Zone Central Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys FROM SYSTEM SUMMARY COMPONENTS NETWORK ADAPTER Name WAN Miniport L TP Adapter Type Not Available Product Type WAN Miniport L TP Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS L TPMINIPORT Last Reset AM Index Service Name Rasl tp IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Not Available Driver c windows system drivers rasl tp sys KB bytes AM Name WAN Miniport PPTP Adapter Type Wide Area Network WAN Product Type WAN Miniport PPTP Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS PPTPMINIPORT Last Reset AM Index Service Name PptpMiniport IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Driver c windows system drivers raspptp sys KB bytes AM Name WAN Miniport PPPOE Adapter Type Wide Area Network WAN Product Type WAN Miniport PPPOE Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS PPPOEMINIPORT Last Reset AM Index Service Name RasPppoe IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address F Driver c windows system drivers raspppoe sys KB bytes AM Name WAN Miniport IPv Adapter Type Not Available Product Type WAN Miniport IPv Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS NDISWANIPV Last Reset AM Index Service Name NdisWan IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Not Available Driver c windows system drivers ndiswan sys KB bytes AM Name Realtek RTL B B... Read more

Relevancy 69.23%

Here's what happened I wanted to set adapter) no Multiple (wireless access internet connections with the computer to a static IP of I tried this by going into Network and Sharing Center clicking Change Adapter Settings right clicking Wireless Network Connection and selecting Properties selecting Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv and selecting Properties selecting quot Use the Following IP Address quot and then setting the IP address and default gateway to the above Ip address keeping Multiple internet connections with no access (wireless adapter) Subnet mask at I set Preferred DNS server to and Alternate to Well that didn't work I lost internet connection immediately I later realised it was probably because my router had that in the range of auto-assigned addresses Anyway I changed it back to Obtain IP address automatically Now I still don't have internet access I have tried restarting my computer as well as resetting the router When I hover over the wireless connections icon it says I am connected to both my home wifi connection as well as quot unidentified network quot both with no internet access

A:Multiple internet connections with no access (wireless adapter)

Welcome to Seven Forums!

Have you tried the windows built in network troubleshooting tasks?

Troubleshoot Network & Internet Problems in Windows 7 & Windows 8

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/352435-multiple-internet-connections-no-access-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 68.8%

The only Network adapter left is the ethernet. I've been on the Acer website ( its an Aspire 9500) but they only have drivers for XP operating system - not windows 7.
What should I do ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/379930-xp-windows-7-lost-wireless-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I am trying to install a Netgear Wn v network adapter Issues Wireless Network 7 Windows Adapter on my recently built desktop but I have had no success The device is detected by Windows 7 Wireless Network Adapter Issues my computer under device manager but when I install the drivers from the cd it will give an error report saying it does not detect the device Local connection works on the desktop but I need it to be wireless as well All my USB slots have been installed correctly and other devices function in them such as mouse keyboard etc I can't use a pci wireless card because my gpu fan is blocking the pci slot I am thinking it is probably a software issue I am running Windows -bit os which complicates things but the adapter should still work because I successfully installed the adapter on my laptop which runs Windows -bit I have called Netgear technical support and nobody there understands anything so I'm hoping maybe someone here can help Any suggestions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-wireless-network-adapter-issues-411679.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Following a windows update Not Wireless Windows Detecting Adapter Network my desktop wasn t able to connect to my router Everything seemed normal apart from this the adapter appeared in Device Manager the list of available connections appeared as they should but Windows Not Detecting Wireless Network Adapter I would get the error message quot Windows is unable to connect to the network quot whenever I tried to connect I tried just about every fix I Windows Not Detecting Wireless Network Adapter found on Google but I was unable to resolve this Fortunately after simply restarting my PC a number of times it would eventually connect it s set to connect automatically to the network I was trying to reach So for a few days I would go through this routine of restarting a bunch of times to finally connect It was troublesome and of course I wanted to fix it so I tried to system restore to a date before it begun happening days back Turns out this was a mistake as after the system restore I was met with no connections at all On top of that my network adapter doesn t even show in the Device Manager any more After trying a few more options I decided to reinstall Windows That s pretty much where I am now - a fresh install of Windows and device manager still isn t finding my adapter not even as hidden device unknown or requires updates etc My motherboard is a GA-Z X-D H and I think have downloaded the appropriate drivers yet I still have no results The LED on my adapter doesn t work although I m not sure if it ever did although pinging in command prompt yields a response In my newbie realm of understanding this means that my adapter is still alive I took out the adapter and reseated it and the problem continues I hope it s a problem with Windows and not with my hardware I can hope for now at least that somebody here is more experienced than me aka everybody and has some insight to share as I m totally lost now Thank you for anyone who took the time to read this wall of text nbsp

A:Windows Not Detecting Wireless Network Adapter

I lean more towards the adapter.
1. The fact that it required several restarts to "come to life" and connect to your network.
2. A system restore did not fix the problem.
3. A clean install of windows 7 did not fix the problem.

Easy way to check, buy a USB wifi adapter, plug it in to a USB port and see if you can connect.
something like this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-not-detecting-wireless-network-adapter.1132527/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello guys

When i bought my comuter it was without any operating system to save some money, because i had my own windows 7 32 bit. I installed it and everything worked, except that the computer could not detect any wireless network adapter. Luckily i had a friend who's brother could help me. Unfortunately i do not know how or what he did, but some how he managed to make it work.

But a few months later i wanted to upgrade my 32 bit to 64, since i could only use 3,16 GB ram, and my computer has 8GB. So i bought a win 7 home premium 64 bit and installed it. Now i face the same problem, my computer can not detect any wireless network adapter, though i'm 99% sure that my computer has one.

I hope you guys can help me, because this is really freaking me out. Especially because this is my school computer and without any internet acces i can't participate in class.

A:Windows can not detect wireless network adapter

Go to 'device manager' right click the missing driver, select properties, click the details tab, Select Hardware IDs from the property drop down, right click on the first value, select copy and post it here, should look something like this: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_84321043&REV_06

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/255562-windows-can-not-detect-wireless-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have two older HP Pavillion PCs that I upgraded to Windows without much of an issue nbsp The only drivers I have not been able to locate are for the Wireless NICs nbsp I've looked high and low with no real success and wanted to see if anyone out there might know if these exist nbsp Product HP b g Wireless Network AdapterNIC Model WN A-H -V nbsp Desktop nbsp HP Pavillion d PC nbsp D Y nbsp nbsp The on-board LAN jack works just fine but one of these systems goes into a remote location and I don't have an interest in running a -foot cable across my room nbsp Anyone have any ideas on where I might find the Windows driver for this device nbsp Admittedly all the HP support docs for this product stop at Win but every other piece of gear in these PCs works just fine other Windows Adapter Wireless 802.11b/g for 8 driver Network HP than the missing wireless NIC driver so I'm trying my luck for a driver versus dropping in new wireless NIC devices nbsp

A:Windows 8 driver for HP 802.11b/g Wireless Network Adapter

Hi: Did you try manually installing the Vista driver? I see there is only a 32 bit driver available, so if you installed W8 32 bit, see if that works. Download and run the file below. Close out of any error windows you get. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-51750-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&... Go to the network controller needing drivers in the device manager, click on the driver tab. Click on Update driver.  Select the Browse My computer for Driver software method and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file. That file should be in C:\SWSetup\sp35019. Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-driver-for-HP-802-11b-g-Wireless-Network-Adapter/td-p/3089089
Relevancy 68.8%

Just got a laptop with Vista Home and I want to install this onto my home network (MSHome) that has 5 other WinXP systems on that network. When the laptop was setup it chose a default network group called Workgroup or something like that and I cannot figure out how to get this computer navigated to the MSHome network.

A:Solved: Can't change home network properties

Control Panel (Classic view) - System - Advanced System settings -Computer Name.
Then "Change"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-change-home-network-properties.729556/
Relevancy 67.94%
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey So after failed attempts at installing Windows on an Acer Aspire Z PC I finally managed to succeed However a new problem appeared after installation The Wireless upgrade Wireless 10 Network Adapter disappeared Windows after network adapter went completely missing Windows does not detect its existence at all it's like the PC doesn't have one installed It doesn't appear Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade in Device Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade manager isn't listed as an quot unknown device quot It's simply not there at all The wired network adapter is there but not wireless Any reason for this Things I tried Installing the driver from Acer's website - I had to select Windows -bit as the version is all that's available for my adapter I used a USB stick to transfer the setup files to the Acer PC It said it successfully installed but still didn't appear even after a reboot Used a USB wireless adapter Netgear to see if it was an issue with how Windows handles Wi-Fi - nope that installed and worked fine Scanning for Windows updates after using the USB adapter Some updates were found and installed no driver ones though but still no Wi-Fi In the end I reverted back to Windows and what do you know The adapter got recognised again The USB adapter isn't a viable solution since it's required by another PC I just used it for testing purposes Card is a Ralink n On W it says the manufacturer is LITE-ON

Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I am a new member on this forum - I am looking for some help I have an ACER ASPIRE laptop - with Windows Home Premium bit - the Network adapter is not recognized Please help me - I cannot connect using the DSL cable to my router there is no wireless - it's like I am in the stone age I went to device manager in Control Panel clicked on Network tried to search for driver on computer - but to no internet network - wireless no - !!! adapter missing no 7 Windows avail I also downloaded the driver from the internet copied on a USB and tried to update still no luck Windows 7 network adapter missing - no internet - no wireless !!! Please if anyone out there can help I will be very grateful I do not Windows 7 network adapter missing - no internet - no wireless !!! have a Windows CD although my Windows is a genuine one pre-installed since on my laptop Never had a problem I downloaded an ISO file for Windows Home Premium bit but don't know what to do with it or how to convert it in an actual Windows CD I will be grateful for all the help I can get Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 network adapter missing - no internet - no wireless !!!

Hi.

Can you give us the exact model number of your laptop? If you're not sure how to check, close the lid and flip it upside down, then check what it says after "Aspire" for example, mine is the Aspire V3-531G).

Also, did you download official drivers from the Acer website? If not, just give us the model, and I'll give you a link to an official driver download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357744-windows-7-network-adapter-missing-no-internet-no-wireless.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have an HP Pavilion tx z laptop that is not connecting wirelessly I have tried everything I possibly can to fix it but nothing will wirk I called Hp and ATT my ISP Wireless Windows Adapter/ not Service Network working and neither of them helped me in resolving this problem HP said I should clean install my computer but that is my last result The problem I turned on my computer as ususal and my computer normally connects to Network Adapter/ Windows Wireless Service not working my wireless internet router wire automatically On my task bar the networks Network Adapter/ Windows Wireless Service not working icon has two computers and a red x no network connected When i double clicked on that it showed no wireless internet signal from anyone or anything quot windows cannot find any networks quot When i diagnose the issue it tells me that Windows Wirelses Service is not running When I try to start it I get an error saying that there is not network adapter quot solutions quot i tried i tried to use networking in safe mode ---- same problem I made sure my wireless switch was on I went to computer management gt services and appliactions gt WLAN autoconfig gt start ------gave me an error message saying windows could not start the wlan autocongig service on local computer I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Broadcomm driver I brought my comp to my university to see if it was just my router but it would not establish a connection there either Any help by a professionaly would be appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Network Adapter/ Windows Wireless Service not working

This could be either a software or a hardware problem. Rather then waste time getting you to try a variety of things let's narrow things down by downloading and running a Ubuntu Live CD.

Burn the CD image to a disc and boot into Ubuntu. When you boot go to the upper right corner to where you can see a wireless icon. Try to connect to a wireless network. If you cannot then we most likely have a hardware issue.

If however you can connect in Ubuntu then all we have to do is figure out what is wrong with Windows. Once you've verified either a software or a hardware problem please post back here and I offer further advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-windows-wireless-service-not-working.817344/
Relevancy 67.94%

i recently had to replace my hdd and put windows xp on it after install i tried to get internet to work and i have nothing in my internet connections. my device manger has no network adapter drop menu and my motherboard driver will not install and give the error message thr nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware setup will now exit. i have ben trying to fix for 2 days to no avail pls help!

Relevancy 67.51%

I just upgraded to the latest build of Windows 10 1607 64 bit & my hp 802.11b/g wireless network adapter doesn't work & says error code 10 failed to start & took the card out of pc for now but I went to device manager uninstalled & reinstalled it & same thing. On the card Says Anatel on the chip. Does anyone know where do get a driver for this build? or what one works?

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63743-hp-802-11b-g-wireless-network-adapter-windows-10-build-1607-driver.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I'm running Windows 7 and uninstalled the driver for my wireless network adapter (Atheros AR9285) because it wasn't working properly. Now, the adapter won't work AT ALL. I updated the driver via ethernet, and Device Manager says that the adapter is working fine, however Windows is acting like I don't even have a wireless adapter. What's do I do?!

A:Device manager says that wireless network adapter is fine and windows won't use it

How did you update the driver? Did you get it from the manufacturer? Other sources should not be trusted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-says-that-wireless-network-adapter-is-fine-and-windows-wont-use-it.984290/
Relevancy 67.08%

So guys I have been having this problem for several days One day I noticed that my wireless internet icon was gone from the taskbar I thought that s easy I d set it to show from Network Connections However when I went to Control Panel Network Connections would not open no hourglass or Network service Solved: start, wireless no Connections cannot network icon anything Nothing So I went to services msc and sure enough Network Connections was disabled I set it to Manual and tried to start it I got the error quot Could not start Network Connections on Local Computer xc quot This is bringing me down because I ve searched for an answer online for days nothing worked I tried using regsvr to register netshell dll but I got the error quot netshell dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file cannot be registered quot I have Windows XP Home Edition SP I have scanned for viruses with avast Home Edition Solved: Network Connections service cannot start, no wireless network icon found nothing And very surprisingly I still have internet But I travel so I need to choose my wireless networks and this way I can t Thank you in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-connections-service-cannot-start-no-wireless-network-icon.758745/
Relevancy 67.08%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1014 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 41659 MB; D: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 14579 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Inc., Nestos , Not Applicable, LXAJL0X031734074722500
Antivirus: None

Hi. I have a problem with my wireless connection. The tab under network connections does NOT show wireless connection. This happened after I reinstalled winxp. I installed the wireless driver but it did not work. I can only connect to the internet using the wired connection. What should I do?

Relevancy 66.65%

Greetings I m having problems with this computer Network change/Slow Connections not Computer will I think it s infected with something I can not hook to the net with my wireless Network Connections will not change/Slow Computer adaptor I says that it has to be set to Access Point when I set it I get an error that says it failed Possible Virus Log attached Thanks Smitty Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP Network Connections will not change/Slow Computer WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot Network Connections will not change/Slow Computer mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files cw cww exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe c PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution Download Install windows-kb -v exe c c a e d f fa mrtstub exe C WINDOWS system MRT exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dll O - Toolbar Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - Toolbar Veo... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connections-will-not-change-slow-computer.814877/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

A:wireless network Properties

Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-properties.980220/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone. Please help. I have a Gateway Notebook Model ML6720 that has built-in Wireless. The PC was heavily infected by Virus and I had to re-install Vista Operating system. Now, it will not detect the Wireless Adapter. I went to the maufacturer's website on another computer and downloaded the driver and installed the driver on the laptop. However, it did not help. The blue "wireless" light on the laptop is "lit", however when I go to "Device Manager" and look at the Network Drives, it only shows the wired Ethernet option. Not sure what I need to do at this point. Please help. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Wireless Network Adapter Missing after Windows Vista Re-install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-adapter-missing-after-windows-vista-re-install.983368/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey guys. Ever since about 5 days ago I've had this problem with my wireless connection. The internet connection is either very slow or will not connect at all (even though it still shows that I have 5 bars and that I'm connected to my home network). I run Windows Diagnostics and it resets my wireless network adapter. It fixes the problem for about 2-3 minutes, then I have to do the whole Windows Diagnostics/Wireless Network Adapter reset thing again. All of my drivers for my network adapters are updated. The type of the Wireless Network Adapter that is unresponsive/broken is an Atheros AR9485. Thank you.

A:ASUS K53E Laptop Windows 7 - Wireless Network Adapter Broken?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/apgrapher/ which has a graph function to monitor signal
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-k53e-laptop-windows-7-wireless-network-adapter-broken.1083437/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, hope someone can help me.

I have a relatively new laptop, Windows 7 64 bit. I work from home and my laptop automatically connects to my wireless network fine. However, when I try and change the network I'm connecting to, everything crashes, in fact the network centre and options don't even load. It's weird, even if I place my mouse cursor over the wireless signal icon in the bottom right taskbar, the computer freezes! That's without me clicking anything... I can't go and visit clients now cos I cant connect to any wireless network. I'm sure my laptop used to be fine with this so I don't know what's wrong or how to find out...
I have tried installing the W7 SP1 update but it won't install...
Any help MUCH appreciated!!!!

A:Windows 7 64 bit crashes when change wireless network

To test for corrupted system files - put your w7 install dvd in the drive first - so it can copy the files if need be.
Next click start - type CMD in the search press enter - right click and select run as administrator - type this in the window SFC /scannow and press enter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/170948-windows-7-64-bit-crashes-when-change-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 66.22%

So to do adapter No no option, change wireless wireless? I How wireless I've been using Ethernet for a while now to access the internet on my PC I never really use it because I'm always using wireless but few months back my wireless just suddenly stopped working so I've been using an Ethernet cable ever since Anyway How do I change to wireless? No wireless option, no wireless adapter I wanna get back to using wireless but the problem is I don't know how I have no wireless adapters and no wireless option to set up a new wireless connection I go into Control Panel Network and Internet Network and Sharing Center gt Set up a New Connection or Network gt How do I change to wireless? No wireless option, no wireless adapter Connect to the Internet gt But the only option I get are Broadband PPPoE or Dial-Up Shouldn't a wireless option be here I then look to Control Panel Network and Internet Network Connections but there's only one icon there Local Area Connection and that's my Ethernet cable which I'm using right now Shouldn't there be a lot more here I've gone into Device Manager and checked my Network adapters but there's only one Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller My other PC literally the exact same PC to this one in the room next door works fine and has got a bunch of other adapters I have no idea what's happened to this Yeah I'm a newbie to this Basically I want to start using a wireless connection but I have no idea how

A:How do I change to wireless? No wireless option, no wireless adapter

What is the make and model of the PC? Is it a laptop? Is there by any chance a switch that turns the wifi on/off?

If the wifi worked in the past and suddenly stopped working, I would suspect that the adapter failed but it could also be switched off or the driver got corrupted or otherwise disabled somehow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/362103-how-do-i-change-wireless-no-wireless-option-no-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I m not totally computer-literate when it comes to hardware and such but I am fairly literate with most computer terms So in advance I apologize for any confusion a misused hardware name may cause Also before I begin let me just say that the issues hereafter discussed apply to a computer separate from this one compatability Network Adapter/Wireless Adapter This computer works fine but the one I will be talking about my computer is the one without an internet connection at the moment So recently my network adapter decided to stop working I won t go into the details but it s completely fried and I d much rather spend the money to get a new one instead of go through the hassel of trying to fix my old one And Network Adapter/Wireless Adapter compatability thus we come to question number one Do most if not all network adapter cards work with most PCs I have a Dell Dimension with Windows XP Home edition with highspeed cable internet so would pretty much any network adapter do the job My stepdad who is fairly computer-literate though often too cocky about it says that pretty much all network adapters will work with any computer unless the computer and network adapter are old or new respectively Also what are the most reliable brands of network adapters What kind of details about the product should I look for when purchasing Now on to the second part of my post wireless internet adapter For a while my computer has been a few feet from the router because we had have no way for a cord to reach anywhere else particularly my room Now because of spacing issues in this room I am being forced to relocate my computer My choices are these a Buy a wireless network adapter so I can move my computer to my room or b Have an internet-less computer for an indeterminate amount of time Obviously I prefer the former So my next question is basically the same as the first one but about wireless internet adapters rather than network adapters Do wireless adapters work universaly for computers Again I have a Dell Dimension with highspeed cable internet so I m pretty sure the speed of the wireless adapter is important And again what are the best most reliable brands of wireless adapters What product details should I be looking for I hope I ve provided all of the necessary information I m most likely going to be ordering the aforementioned hardware bits off of NewEgg com or some other similar computer hardware site I don t know if that helps in answering the question s at all but I figured any additional information may help Thanks to all of those who have taken the time to read my questions and I appreciate any response greatly nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Please help me
my Wireless Network Connection Properties not can click!
me try Uninstall WNC Adapter on Device Manager
and reset IPV4, Winsock on CMD.
but still not can click. what is this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382833-help-wireless-network-connection-properties-not-can-click.html
Relevancy 65.36%

The wireless network properties box is missing. I have a Satellite pro 4600 with Linksys card for wireless and every thing worked once before. I replaced the hard drive with a new one and rebuilt the system. After installing the Cisco PEAP supplicant software to be able to logon at the college the box is now missing. I've tracked the problem to the PEAP software overwriting files on Win2000 sp4.
Or so the masters at M/S claim. Their advice was to reinstall Sp4. This didn't work. All of the information I have for configuring wireless cards for Win2000 show this box and it was there the firt time I set up the system. I have reformatted the hard drive twice then Installed Win2000 pro and the Sp3 and Sp4 using two different Install cds. I did not install the PEAP supplicant and still no box.

Thanks Rezehk

A:Win2000 pro wireless network properties box missing

Did you install ALL the motherboard drivers for the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-pro-wireless-network-properties-box-missing.311041/
Relevancy 64.93%

When in windows 8.1 and I look at the wireless connections, there is no option to right click and choose "properties" to where you could see the password if need be, etc. Is this no longer an option in windows 8.1? Is there another place to see these settings as they are in widows 7?

A:Where to look at "properties" for network connections?

goto control panel
goto network and internet
click network and sharing
click change adapter settings
should be too able that way.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67162-where-look-properties-network-connections.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm about to display my ignorance so try not to be too harsh in replying I have two computers one running Windows Ultimate and one running Windows XP SP I also have a Netgear WNDR Wireless Router It is connected to the Windows system by cable to the network adapter On the Windows XP system I have a Linksys Cisco WUSB N Wireless USB Network Adapter The two systems are networked and that seems to be working OK except for the fact that the wireless connection Connections Wireless Network between the XP machine and the router is weak and is sometimes lost As you may know the router is a Dual Band model with both a GH and a GH modes and both can be oprating at the same time I've been told that Wireless Network Connections though the GH mode is much less vulnerable to interference it also has less range than the GH Mode Right now both computers are connected to the router at the GH mode So I was thinking that I might try the XP machine the one with the wireless adapter on the GH Mode connection And this rather long winded bit of background leads to my question If I leave the Windows machine connected to the router by the cable on the GH mode and change the Windows XP machine to connect to the Wireless Network Connections router on the GH Mode will this mess up the network connections between the two machines That is though both will still have connections to the router they will be on different modes and I don't know if that is workable or not Any information on this is appreciated

A:Wireless Network Connections

Though some of us seem to be to old to remember when we did not already know everything there is to know about computers, the rest of us willingly admit that we learned what we know from other people, even from sites like Windows Seven Forums. Learning starts with questions, learning what questions to ask is usually the hardest and first lesson. Your questions are always welcome here!

I have networked my computers via cable, with one wireless Dell notebook. Whether wireless or cable the network does not care. So as to your question: "will this mess up the network connections between the two machines?" I don't see how.

The 2.4GH and 5GH Modes only apply to the wireless connection. The wired connection operates off a different network standard, so neither wireless Mode will affect the wired connection. Also important when experiencing weak wireless signals is the placement of the wireless modem. Other electronic devices, for example, can interfere with the signal. A good topic for Google?

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/116261-wireless-network-connections.html
Relevancy 64.5%

This morning, out of nowhere, I lost connection to the wireless. I cannot find any wireless networks, which is obviously incorrect. The switch is plugged in. I've google and googled today with no resolution. I can plug a cat-5 in and run fine. I can connect to the wireless with other machines fine. Something is up with this computer. I'm desperate for other ideas.
I use Virtual Boxes on here and see that there is a "Virtual Box Host Only Network" that I've never noticed. I've disabled this but my wireless is still not finding anything. Any ideas? I'll screen shot anything that anyone can think of that might help.

Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

I have been trying to troubleshoot a wireless problem on a HP laptop for the last couple of months with no success. I have a laptop, XP, that is running off a Lynksys router. I can all settings fine, but when I restart, settings are lost. I go through run/services.msc/wireless zero configuation. It will show Service Status: stopped. I then Start, and go back to taskbar icons to establish service. You can to do this every restart. Linksys says this is a Windows Zero Config problem. I've kept up with windows updates.

Your help needed.

A:Wireless Network Connections

Whilst in services.msc

Change the Startup Type to 'Automatic'.

Reboot and let me know if it starts up automatically.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-connections-133297.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Is there a freeware program to view WZC profile information from the command line? I found one that allows you to display the profiles themselves, however to display the profile properties I haven't found one.

I could also use direct registry edits if I had to, using the reg command. The problem being, that it would appear that the information is stored in binary format, which I've got no idea how to even manually pull the profile name from. The only thing that information seems to give me, is the abillity to later manipulate the order of the networks, that is maybe. I don't need that part yet, but will later on. I guess, since viewing the profiles is so slow, direct registry edits "might" be preffered. This is WZC I'm concerned about, not any third party utillities. I'm using Windows XP, and it's SP2 or later.

A:View Wireless Network Properties from the Command Line

Researching further, it looks like nobody knows how to pull the information from the registry. I've got Windows XP, so netsh wlan won't work. It looks like this is leaving me now with 2 solutions to get some of this information.

Solution 1: Use some kind of programming API to get the information and display it from the command line. I've therefore heard that there seems to be an interface called the WZC native API. If that's true, how would you use it in AutoIt or in a BATCH file or in a VBScript? I've never used anything like it before, so I need detailed explanations of what the code does, except for that doesn't mean I need to know all the internals of every function. But I need to know how to use it. I know BATCH files well, but I don't really know the full VBScript or AutoIt languages, though I can make some of it's code out anyway.

Solution 2: Somehow maybe use AutoIt in another way to read the properties from the dialog box. I know from research that this is probably possible, but I don't know how to do it. And what I need to do, is hide all that visible clicking going on, even if I'm doing some clicking. That is - hide it from the end user. It's nice to see it moving on the screen, but I'd rather not see it if I were the end user, in this case.

Now keep in mind, that at this point, all I'm trying to implement in these programs, is a way to do exactly what you can already do in Windows XP by default (but it has to be compatible with Windows XP Home, Pro, and MCE), except for from the command line. This is just one small part of a larger picture. I'll then be able to use that command in my other parts of my code that I need it in. So my general rule that I need to follow, is if you can't do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you can't do it in this program. If you CAN do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you CAN do it in this program. But everything is from the command line, in the end result. If Windows XP already provides a command line, which in this case it doesn't, I should use it. If that's not possible, I should use the registry, but I guess that's not possible if nobody knows how. If that's not possible, I guess I'll try to use a VBScript, and if that's not possible, I'll try to use AutoIt. But the end result is a command line program.

I hope this starts to get me down the right track. It took this weekend to find this information so far.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-wireless-network-properties-from-the-command-line.774772/
Relevancy 64.07%

There are programs to accomplish this, but here is the roll-your-own method of changing the Media Access Control (MAC) address of your wireless adapter.

CHANGE YOUR WIRELESS MAC ADDRESS

The possible MAC addresses in Windows 7 for wireless adapters:
X2-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
X6-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
XA-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
XE-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX

WIN | cmd.exe | enter |
Ipconfig /all > ipinfo.txt

IpInfo.TXT has your original IP address.

WIN | DevMgmt.MSC | ENTER | dbl-clk on Network Adapters |
rt-clk on your ...Wireless Network Adapter | Properties |
Advanced tab | select Network Address (in Property area) |
Value radio button | enter desired MAC address | OK

Examples of MAC addresses:
16A098765432
3Affeeddbbcc
4E44667799aa

WIN is the key with the Microsoft flag on top.
MAC Media Access Control address

A:How to Change Your Win 7 Wireless Adapter MAC address

Nice one. But in Windows I'm changing it using software. In Linux I'm using Terminal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/177092-how-change-your-win-7-wireless-adapter-mac-address.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi

how can i change network adapter name: (see Image):

i want change it to another name

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53255-change-network-adapter-name.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I need to know how to change the name of a Network Adapter specifically the Hamachi one When going to Network Connections under the Hamachi connection it states its Network Adapter name also shown as this in Device Manager Hamachi Network Interface I need to change Hamachi Network Interface to anything else other than Hamachi Network Interface Lets rename it to Local VPN I have altared all instances of the name Hamachi Network Interface located in the Adapter Network of name Change registry literally searched for it and replaced all values and names that stated it with Local VPN instead of Hamachi Network Interface I even changed all instances within the driver itself reinstalled the driver and it still would not altar the name to Local VPN I tried going in Device Manager clicking on Hamachi Network Interface and pressing F apparently this was supposed to allow me to altar the name and did not do anything I uninstalled cleaned out all old registry changes freshly re-installed hamachi and now I am looking to hopefully try this again So to sum it up where it states under Network Adapters listing all network interfaces controllers I just want to rename this one network adapter name Hamachi Network Interface to something else nbsp

A:Change name of Network Adapter

I forgot to specify, this is on Windows XP Home 32bit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-name-of-network-adapter.854679/
Relevancy 64.07%

Is there a limit to the number of connections you can have on a network? I have a laptop that only connects while using an ethernet cord. This has happened with a previous laptop and i never got that laptop to connect without using an ethernet chord. I have an actiontec router MI424WR.

A:Limit to wireless connections on a network?

Quote: Originally Posted by JTK

Is there a limit to the number of connections you can have on a network? I have a laptop that only connects while using an ethernet cord. This has happened with a previous laptop and i never got that laptop to connect without using an ethernet chord. I have an actiontec router MI424WR.

Yes there is but it is not your problem. The finite number of concurrent connections is at least 10.

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/129815-limit-wireless-connections-network.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a problem where if I shut my laptop for a period of time (hibernating?) and come back, Windows 7 sees no networks where there are typically 4 or 5 in my neighborhood that are always up and running. I Need to shut down and restart and sees all networks immediately.

I have tried the Diagnose and Repair options, but it does not reconnect.

I do have the latest drivers for wireless card and router. The router is a linksys wrt54g and the card is an Intel Wireless WiFi link 4965AGN. I'm not sure that the router is all that important as ALL networks disappear, not just mine.

I am using Windows 7 Build 7000 and my PC is a Toshiba Satellite P305-S8842.

Anyone else see this? A quick browse of the forums did not turn up the same issue.

Thanks!

A:Wireless Network Connections Dissappear.

Same problem here.
I'm using Netgear usb adaptor.
When I return to the PC it's gone to sleep
(even though I have tuned-off the hibernating/sleeping functions)
Space bar should bring it back within seconds.
Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't.
Often I have lost my Internet connection and cannot get the pc to reconnect.
Shutting down just hangs.
To re-boot, I can only press the power button and count ten...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/2549-wireless-network-connections-dissappear.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I m not sure if this is the forum for it but here goes I am still connections Viewing Wireless Network pretty dense Viewing Wireless Network connections with networking and only know enough to make things work for the moment but I am learning My question is when i set up a wireless router network and you can take any old laptop with wireless builtin and find the network and logon before having the proper security measures enabled how can I - from the main PC - tell who is connected via wireless to my network I have been in the process of setting up security measures and for jollys wanted Viewing Wireless Network connections to see if I could see my test laptop when it was connected and couldn t see it I can see the hardwired PCs but they are already part of the established work group I was trying to simulate seeing an outside PC that gained wireless access to the network I am cornfused but then I am much of the time - Castleheart nbsp

A:Viewing Wireless Network connections

I have a menu in my router called 'Attacjed devices'. What router do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-wireless-network-connections.535901/
Relevancy 64.07%

Currently, I am connecting both wirelessly and through wire to my router when I run Windows 7. I know both are configured but is there a way to make the wireless (for instance) connect only if the wired connection isn't there?

ipconfig shows two IPs and it seems like a waste of power to keep the connections on when I'm only using one of them.

any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Do not want both wireless and wired network connections

I have a similar setup and don't know if you can have your wireless automatically enable if your wired goes offline which in sense your wired is more reliable. I have a wired connection to a wireless bridge and a wireless adapter I use both for connections but not at the same time. I have 2 shortcuts on my desktop to enable or disable 1 or the other I don't run both simultaneously.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/39691-do-not-want-both-wireless-wired-network-connections.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I am looking to share my wireless connection with my PS3, i read up on how to achieve this and it was to share the wireless connection.

I went through the 'Network and Sharing Center' and then on the left tab 'Manage Network Connections' where i should find my Local Area Connection and my Wireless Connection.

However, my Wireless Connection is not appearing even though i am currently connected to the internet wirelessly as i type through the inbuilt wireless card on my laptop.

Any advice on why the icon is not appearing? And how i can bring it back?

A:Wireless Connection does not appear in Network Connections

If you have a wireless router which you seem to have then you don't use Network and Sharing on your PC. The PS3 will connect to the router not to your PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-does-not-appear-in-network-connections.798141/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I have an IBM T Thinkpad laptop running Windows XP with CISCO Aironet Client Utility installed to manage my wireless networks I don t understand the point of this utility as I find the Windows XP wireless connection management more reliable and straightforward but I don t know how to disable this thing I would if I could and I have tried although not that Wireless LAN CISCO PCI Auto-Connect Adapter Won't Wireless to (Aironet) Network hard Anyway I was using the CISO Aironet Client Utility or whatever it s called CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network fine then I visited a friend s house and needed to get on his network He started poking around and one day it was working and the next it was broken It kept saying CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network it couldn t find a radio signal or that it was off I came home and it wasn t working for a month or CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network so One day I messed around with it and it started working again Only problem now is whenever I shut down my laptop and re-open it it never reconnects to my wireless connection automatically I always have to do it by hand Any suggestions here How can I get it to reconnect automatically and if I can t how can I get it to use the Windows wireless features that are built in and bypass this CISCO stuff Thanks nbsp

A:CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network

i'll move to netwroking you should get a better response

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-pci-wireless-lan-adapter-aironet-wont-auto-connect-to-wireless-network.875180/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have been experiencing wireless wifi connection problems with my HP Pavilion dv laptop I am running xppro I went from vista to xp pro took a long time network adding adapter G wireless dv6000, HP wireless Belkin Pvilion as I am slow Anyway I read that you can add another wireless network card as a work around in the event that the internal wireless card breaks dies I bought a BelkinWirelss G USB network adapter- F D and tried to install it on this HP Pvilion dv6000, adding Belkin wireless wireless G network adapter laptop I was able to install it on my IBM T and Gateway laptop I had to disable the radio on the gateway before it worked The IBM is HP Pvilion dv6000, adding Belkin wireless wireless G network adapter old and has no built in wireless card ON my HP pavilion dv I slid the wireless button to disable and also went into device manager and disable there too For some reason after loading the Belkin in it does not find any wireless networks I called Belkin and spoke with their help desk but they were not helpful My question short of disabling my HP wireless card do I have to remove the actual software uninstall broadcom so the computer will look only at the belkin software My HP laptop warrantied expired months ago Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pvilion-dv6000-adding-belkin-wireless-wireless-g-network-adapter.802008/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey guys need some urgent help here I have a program on my computer called Intel R Network - Can't Router Adapter Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Wireless to connect My WiFi Technology which has something to do with my network adapter Intel R WiFi Link BGN I recently had an annoying notice popping up from this program saying The Wireless Network Adaptoor could not be found So I decided that I should find a solution on Intel s forums I came across a thread that discussed my problem and one of Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router the Intel workers mentioned that Uninstalling and Reinstalling the program would be the best solution So I followed the Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router steps and came across a huge problem Turns out that once I removed this program my computer wouldn t connect to my wireless network in my Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router house I went onto my other devices throughout the home and they all seemed to be working fine and that my router was still working fine aswell I went onto my other computer and downloaded the program onto my USB and installed it back onto my original computer There still wasn t any difference and my computer still currently can t connect to my wireless access point I ve rolled back drivers updated them and I ve refreshed wireless network adapters in my Network and Sharing Center in Control Point I m starting to run out of ideas and I really need some help My computer can still detect networks though but I ve discovered it can connect to my Mobile Phone s Access Point meaning I can connect to G through my phone I m suspecting some sort of setting has been changed to connect to my home s wireless but I can t figure out what it is I know that this isn t very detailed and I ve sort of rushed it but if you need anything else from me I d be happy to tell you If you have any possible solutions or have the same problem as I do please do share nbsp

A:Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site.

Delete all wireless profiles. Then try again to connect.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalled-reinstalled-wireless-network-adapter-cant-connect-to-wireless-router.1024642/
Relevancy 64.07%

I wonder how I can disable my wireless network and view their WAN or Lan properties in windows 7. I can do it in windows xp myself though.

A:How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

Hi have you looked in device manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-i-can-disable-enable-wireless-network-and-view-properties-of-lan-connection-557333.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi everyone I m having an extremely frustrating problem connecting to my Netgear DG G v wireless router in my flat In short Ever since I reformatted router's network to Can't adapter wireless connecting connect to wireless despite net my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP Pro internet browsers do not detect a connection to the internet despite a wireless connection being detected in the network connections and the icon in the system tray when my wireless adapter is plugged into my PC Connection problems only occurred after the reformat another PC in my flat connects wirelessly to our router with no problems before during amp after the time I reformatted I m posting this using his PC and the router config settings have definitely not been changed in any way so its not a router problem It appears that the wireless adapter is able to detect a signal from the router but the router is not sending information to the adapter I can t even connect to the router setup IP address More detailed I wiped the PC s harddrive then reinstalled Windows XP Pro I thought the recovery disk would have drivers with Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network it like others I d used but it didn t so I had to manually find nVidia chipset amp com Ethernet controller Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network drivers and SP for USB functionality download them on another PC and transfer and install them on mine I got SP this didn t change anything I changed back to SP still no change to connectivity When my Netgear WG v wireless adapter is plugged into a USB port Windows recognises it as a device connected to the PC My Netgear DG G v router is working normally the power light is on the internet light is on and the wireless light is on all are green the internet light blinks intermittently as normal the other two are solid When the wireless adapter is plugged into the PC wireless networks are detected and I can detect and connect to my Netgear router using the same WEP key and SSID as before set at the time of router setup Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network and not changed since Bubble comes up with Wireless Network Connection NETGEAR Speed Mbps Signal Strength Very Good When a browser is opened and set to any website the DNS error screen The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable etc in IE Server not found Firefox can t find the server at www google co uk in Firefox When opening Internet Explorer the bar at the bottom of the window displays Detecting proxy settings for a few seconds before the DNS error comes up The router settings cannot be opened via a browser either by using the router setup CD or by typing http into the address bar The same error msg is displayed in IE Firefox displays Unable to connect Firefox can t establish a connection to the server at I can connect to the router setting page in the above way using my flatmate s wireless connection to the same router Opening up the properties of the wireless connection shows that data packets are sent but not received e g after leaving the wireless connection on for hours packets sent packets received I tried bridging the wireless connection with the Net Adapter connection in Network Connections LAN or High Speed Internet this had no effect reversing this also had no effect All settings IP etc were set to be automatically provided no effect I looked at my flatmate s connection settings IP address subnet mask DHCP server etc and manually specified as many of them as I could on my connection no effect I used my flatmate s connection to go into the router settings and manually specify my PC s Physical address MAC no as being always allowed to connect no effect I effectively turned off the router s firewall by setting it to allow incoming connections on all ports no effect Changed it back no effect also no firewalls installed... Read more

A:Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-net-despite-wireless-adapter-connecting-to-routers-wireless-network.541734/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello TSG Forums I Network Adapter Not Working! Missing Icon; Wireless Wireless ve got quite the challenge for you guys Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! I ve gone through two different tech support lines three computer savvy friends and every troubleshooting trick and tip I could scour off of the internet All efforts have been in vain thus far Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! So as to not make this post too long I ll get to the point I recently bought a new wireless adapter to connect to the internet with Previously I was using an older adapter that my room mate was lending me a Motorola Wireless USB Adapter WU G to be exact At first when I installed the motorola it didn t work I can t remember what I did to make it work for the life of me but I eventually twisted my computer s arm enough that it gave in Now it s uninstalled from my computer along with I hope all the drivers and programs that were using it So I bought a new adapter Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter - F D read the instructions carefully and made sure that it was installed just as the manual says Install the software wait for the prompt etc etc Everything seemed to be going smoothly until I tried to configure my connections Where the wireless detects all the access points and you put in your WEP key etc The wireless adapter seemed to be doing nothing The device manager showed the adapter with no problems and no errors but the program was stubbornly pretending that my wireless adapter didn t exist After trying multiple USB ports uninstalling reinstalling with no progress I concluded to myself that the adapter must be defective The LED light came on now and then but it was slow and very seldom I assumed that it was only recognizing that it had power So after ensuring that the previous adapter was completely uninstalled I take it back to my retailer and trade it off for a new model of a similar price D-Link DWA USB n Adapter - DWA This one upon installing at least seemed more active The LED light would blink now and then as if it were pinging for a signal of some sort So I install it again making sure that I m following the instructions to the letter When the installation finishes and it goes directly into the connection configuration it gives me an error And I quote quot Wireless Adapter not found Please insert the adapter now quot Again windows recognizes the device no errors no visible problems Also when I open Network Connections there is only my LAN line listed I have no wireless network icon and I can t seem to get it to appear So after several hours of tech support and no progress I turn to my friends who are equally baffled The last hours have been mostly dedicated to scouring the internet for clues to the problem So far I ve gone through a whole bunch of dead ends and a list or two of troubleshooting ideas Nothing so far has helped Here are the things I ve tried so far Everything described on this list unless it pertained to dial up networking Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and software several times Installing the driver without the software Installing with Wireless Zero Configuration stopped in services msc I m running a Sony VAIO with Windows XP Media Center Edition If you need to know anything else about my setup just ask Please assist if you can I m running out of options Elliot nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Mine is Dell Inspiron Os Windows Ultimate x My laptop wifi works fine for some period of time but suddenly the current wireless connection gets disconnected and no wireless networks appear in the list The network connection icon in taskbar changes to no network connection small monitor with yellow exclamation icon The wireless adapter is still enabled only Well i found a way to bring back the connection and to show the available wireless networks by disabling and enabling the dell wireless adapter under quot change adapter settings quot in abruptly network adapter, wireless Problem disconnects with wireless Network and sharing center But this problem keeps repeating at Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly unpredictable intervals and i have Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly to disable and enable the wireless adapter everytime Please help me with Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly a solution I have already tried the following Re-installing updating wireless network drivers Re-installing entire OS with full format of all hard drives Disabled unchecked quot allow computer to turn off this device to save power quot option under power management tab of dell wireless adapter properties Changed the power saving options for wireless adapter to quot maximise perfomance quot for both on battery and plugged in modes Having tried all these still no luck the problem persists I borrowed a digisol wireless USB adapter from my friend this works fine all the time with no issues I have no idea why mine is not working properly please do help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383002-problem-wireless-adapter-wireless-network-disconnects-abruptly.html
Relevancy 63.21%

i have a local area connection icon when i go into network connections--it was automatically set up with the laptop, and there used to be another icon i could click on to activate and select between detectable wi-fi's. This icon has mysteriously gone missing, does anyone know how to get it back?

I tried a wireless connection setup and it didn't work.

Relevancy 63.21%

I have taken a new laptop Lenovo 3000 Y410. Into the configuration list there is an on board wireless adaptar. I have installed driver also. But it is not showing in network connection.

I am not able to use any wireless connection. Even while switching on the wireless then no lights are blinking.

What is the solution.

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

I have an Acer aspire one and I'm not sure what I did to it but my wireless network doesn't show up in the network connections. And I know it is not a modem problem because other laptops can connect to it...

What do I do?

A:Wireless network doesn't show up on connections...

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager are there any devices with yellow flags? if so, go to the Acer Drivers site, find your make and model # and download the WiFi adapter driver for your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-doesnt-show-up-on-connections-672879.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I ve recently had to reinstall my wireless network and since then it s become unstable I have ntl broadband with a Linksys WRT G router plugged into the ntl set-top box There is a WUSB G network adapter picking up the signal with dropped wireless network connections Linksys - a WRE G range expander in the middle to boost the signal My PC is running WinXP Pro I ve got no additional software firewalls The network is using bit WEP encryption The problem Linksys wireless network - dropped connections is that my Linksys wireless network - dropped connections PC does not find the wireless network on start-up Instead I have to open the Linksys monitor program and manually log on to the network from there From then it s generally OK but the connection is occasionally dropped when a stronger signal is picked up from elsewhere I also have an Apple Airport which ran through the network before but that now can t find the network either Before I reinstalled the whole network worked fine For some reason back then the Linksys monitor software did not run it now appears in the System tray on start-up Logging on without this software seemed to be much more stable Can anyone help me get this network back to automatically connecting on start up and not droppping connections nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

I recently reinstalled XP Pro on my HP Compaq nc6230 laptop. I didnt have the drive disc so I downloaded 2 drivers from the HP site for sound and wireless internet.

I noticed on my network connections, this is all that shows up:

shouldnt there be other LAN connections or something like that? Im trying to bridge a connection so that I can plug my xbox live ethernet cable straight into my laptop, and use it as a "wireless" tool. Ive done it before, but I just reformatted windows like I said.

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I have a new Dell Inspiron Mini netbook running on XP and I am trying to use AutoHotkey to customize the keyboard to my liking In particular I would like to do two things Everyone knows that when you with connections network and Volume wireless AutoHotkey click the speaker icon in the system tray a simple volume slider pops up Double-clicking that icon pops up some more complex volume controls I want to make it so that when I press the Volume Up Volume Down buttons on my keyboard the single-click quot simple quot volume slider pops up so that I can see exactly where the volume bar is while I adjust it AutoHotkey allows me to set a button to execute a program However the only target for volume controls that I could find is sndvol exe which is the double-click quot complex quot volume controls So I figured out how to make pressing Volume and wireless network connections with AutoHotkey the buttons on my keyboard open up this but not this the one I want Does the quot simple quot volume control have some sort of target or executable name Or is there any other way I can do this using AutoHotkey Using AutoHotkey I want to program a button on my keyboard with no current function to pop open the quot Available Wireless Networks quot screen I am hoping to achieve this by using a similar method to number above However I can t seem to find a target or executable name for this menu either Any ideas Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

I saw another post that had the exact same problem I m having just that my problem is on a desktop We got wireless internet a few months ago and my desktop was working fine with it Have a wireless adapter for Wireless Losing Adapter Computer and Network Network Recognition the internet Then a few weeks ago the internet started randomly disconnecting from only my computer I thought it was a network problem But then I hit something and the internet was working fine again for a few weeks Now it s Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition on the fritz Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition again starting yesterday When I try disconnecting and then reconnecting to the network it will tell me that there were no networks to connect to And when I unplug the adapter and plug it back in to the usb ports it ll tell me that my computer can t recognize the adapter that it s malfunctioning I ve tried the adapter in all the ports and it gives me the same message I have to restart my computer to get it to both recognize the adapter and the network so it ll connect again once it s restarted The internet will last for random periods of time When the internet goes out I get the yellow triangle error thing first on the network icon it doesn t just go right to there being nothing period and having the X symbol only after I try disconnecting from the network Sometimes all day then I ll leave the computer on over night and find the internet is out again on it in the morning Or it ll last for only a few minutes Sometimes the computer won t lose the network if I try disconnecting and reconnecting from the network It ll reconnect to the local network but when it s trying to find the network to connect to the internet it can t find it It ll say undiscovered network I thought maybe the adapter was faulty so I ve tried switching it with the adapter from another computer It still did the same thing with the other adapter And nothing is wrong with the adapter I was using it worked fine in the other computer when I put it in Both adapters are good When the usb ports stop working for the adapter it s only the adapter having problems Everything else still works fine I have no clue what the problem could be I never had any network internet problems when we had wired internet Here is the system info for my computer I really need help this is causing me heart attacks x x I really don t understand much about computers so if any help could be explained really simply and in a lot of detail so I can understand I d really appreciate it Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Nettle Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition

Do other usb devices work fine on the computer? For instance, if you plug in a thumb drive the computer, is the computer able to recognize the drive as well as read/write data to it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-losing-wireless-network-adapter-and-network-recognition.1056416/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi So recently I have removed a nasty zeroaccess rootkit virus es from my laptop My Windows Firewall Defender and Updates would not work still won't my browser kept redirecting to unrelated websites and I was just overall having a TON of irritating issues I installed MalwareBytes and Zone Alarm in addition to my Microsoft Security Essentials and restarted my computer once - everything seemed fine I went to delete a few programs from my computer via the control panel just unneeded things like Canon software I don't even use anymore My computer told me I needed to restart so I did and when connection wireless driver adapter network Problems with and network it turned back on I suddenly had no more Internet access It registers that my Internet providers are being picked up on as in it says Silver Moose is emitting a signal yet I have quot limited access Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver quot and all other devices using the network in my home are working just fine I tried troubleshooting and it says that there Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver are problems with the wireless Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver network adapter and the driver for wireless network connection adapter I've read that removing a access will render someone Internet-less but some people have overcome this However every thread I've already taken a look at don't exactly fit with my problems computer model so I wanted to stay on the safe side and get help fitted exactly to me I have Windows bit a Gateway model NV I don't know if my processor Intel R Core details are needed If so I'll gladly provide them I ran ipconfig all and was about to transfer a copy of it from my messed up computer to this one via a flash drive but suddenly I've found that my computer doesn't recognize a flash drive at all anymore So it's very very messed up indeed I would REALLY like to know what I can do to try and make this situation better or if a system restore is the best option I don't know how to use system restore or what it all does so if you do recommend that can you please offer and explanation of the options it'll give me Will it give a time period I want to backtrack to I feel really helpless here so thanks a ton for any and all help

A:Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver

First with this remove Zone alarm, while it use to be a great product, it cause more issues than it's worth these days.
Next, Start menu-> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on command prompt and run as Administrator.

Type in netsh winsock reset and reboot, see if the combination of these will help.

Otherwise, system restore is very simple to use and will only affect programs installed, not your personal files. If this doesn't solve the issue pick a time before the rootkit, a couple weeks if possible, and just restore it. You can scroll through all the date to make note of any changes that will be made. Make sure to re-install your AV and Malwarebytes afterwards to keep you protected.

Also, I do not work for Malwarebytes, but $29 for a lifetime license and an active protection module is absolutely worth it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252548-problems-wireless-network-adapter-network-connection-driver.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi All Please can anyone help I have done something and I don t know what I have just bought a new a IP Connection' Solved: does Help have Network not 'wireless a valid adapter network computer a compaq running windows AMD athlon tm IIx processor I had no problems connecting it to the internet it has Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a a wired ethernet cable which plugged to my Thompson router and worked straight away I also have a Toshiba satellite L - laptop running Vista with wireless internet connection At this stage I was getting internet on my new PC and wireless internet on the laptop The problem came when I tried to set up a home network I have done it previously on the old pc running Windows XP with no problems however I am not sure what I have done but I can get internet on the PC but on the laptop it is connecting to the wireless network but not the internet In the network and sharing centre it shows the laptop connected to an Unidentified network but then there is a cross through the line connecting it to the internet In Network and Internet Network connections I double clicked on Wireless Network Connection and then on diagnose I got a box with the heading - The network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot does not have a valid IP Configeration I am a bit bewildered what to do and thought it better to seek help rather than fumble around in the dark Hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-network-adapter-wireless-network-connection-does-not-have-a-valid-ip-a.1016800/
Relevancy 63.21%

I looked in Device Manager and don't see a wireless network adapter but under Network Infrastructue Devices I see "Microsoft Wireless Router Module". Are these the same thing? Thanks for help!

A:Wireless Network Adapter vs. Wireless Router Module

The device listed in Device Manager would most likely be your NIC (Network Interface Card) on your machine. This is the card that sends and receives data to and from your machine.

Wireless Router Module is most likely some software which enables your machine to obtain DHCP requests from your router as well as support other features which would not have been made available with the default settings. Based on the place you found the module 'Network Infrastructure Devices' I can assure you that an infrastructure device is not the same as a NIC

If you are able to provide a screenshot I may be able to offer a better explanation

Hope This Helps,
Josh!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/297816-wireless-network-adapter-vs-wireless-router-module.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Starting with Windows Vista, the driver for our wireless adapters allow us to switch our wireless adapter into monitor mode.

I am using Windows 7 and I had installed Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4. A utility named "nmwifi" in Microsoft Network Monitor installation directory let me switch my wireless network adapter into monitor mode and set the channel for capturing
purpose. Since that utility from Microsoft can do it, I am sure there are function which can let me change the channel of my wireless adapter while in monitor mode.

On MSDN website, I can't find any C++ function that let me set the channel of my wireless adapter while in monitor mode. I can't even find any related function in Windows Driver Kit section on MSDN Library site.

Can someone please either suggest me the functions, or tell me which forum is suitable for asking this type of question?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b972a819-592a-4de8-bb5c-d8725b589a9d/using-c-to-change-the-channel-of-a-wireless-adapter-in-monitor-mode?forum=netmon
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi guys,

I am trying to fix my friends wireless connection here, im a mac user and not very good on windows so i dont know what to do. I am following some you tube videos for help. As far as i know in 'change adaptor settings' you should be able to see your LAN and wireless connection to enable or disable but the thing is there is no wireless option in there? and it did used to work before.

My friend told me that she used to have XP and another friend of hers upgraded it to windows 7 for her.

Thanks for any help

A:No wireless connection, nothing showing in 'change adapter settings'

ive figured out that i dont actually have a network adapter so i cant connect wirelessly so i need to get a driver for my system but im not sure which one to get. I will put up my os details, i would be grateful if someone could help me. Thanks

Windows 7 Ultimate
32-Bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205606-no-wireless-connection-nothing-showing-change-adapter-settings.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey,

This is my first post here or anywhere relating to my computer problems. I am going into Computer>manage>device manager>network adapters>my adapter>rightclick>properties>advanced and I am trying to change the "property" from "802.11d" to "wireless mode" (under value next to "wireless mode" it says IEE 802.11b/g/n) which i believe my BT internet supports, but when I click on it and press OK, I go and check what it is again and it has reverted back to the original 802.11d. I have tried this with a different network adapter so it is not due to the adapter Id think! The other network adapter has different settings under "property" with Network type (with value infrastructure or ad-hoc) and wireless mode. Any help appreciated, let me know if you need more information I will give it immediately!

A:NETWORK ADAPTER- cant change advanced settings from 802.11d

problem solved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335334-network-adapter-cant-change-advanced-settings-802-11d.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a locked laptop and I need to change the settings to automatic IP addressing, so I can connect to the domain and log in.

A:How can I change Network Adapter Settings pre boot?

If the laptop's hard drive is fully encrypted, then you can forget about the info below.

The tool mentioned in option five of this tutorial also has an offline registry editor.
User Account - Reset Password in Windows 7

I have used it many times (but not for this specific task).

If need be, google for help on how to use that editor.

You can put that tool on a USB stick, boot to it and change EnableDHCP to a 0.

That EnableDHCP value name is located here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{Globally unique identifier}

You might need to look thru a few GUIDs before you find the one where EnableDHCP is currently set to 1.
There might be other settings that need to be changed too, but I doubt it. If need be, use Process Monitor on a similar laptop to see what all gets changed when you change to DHCP. I did that do find the info above. EnableDHCP exists in other places too. These other places get changed too, but they might not be needed. Test by changing just the one key/value.

Maybe other forum members have a simpler way to enable DHCP on a locked laptop that is a member of a domain.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/397457-how-can-i-change-network-adapter-settings-pre-boot.html
Relevancy 62.78%

is there any solutions for this problem?
it's really bugging me
i already try to fix it by manage the device manager (network adapters)

A:Problem with wireless network adapter or acces network

Hello razuke, Welcome to SevenForums : Can we get a bit more information to assist you ? Please do this : System Info - See Your System Specs . After updating your profile pls do this to enable us to have information to help you out : Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread . Thank you , we will try out best to assist you in this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343229-problem-wireless-network-adapter-acces-network.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Our internet service provider updated our internet speed from 100mbps to 1000mbps for no extra cost. We had a Netgear n150 wireless router but it wouldn't support the 1000mbps speed. We were told we needed to upgrade to a r6300 netgear router which is capable of 1000mbps. Now were are told we need to install an ethernet PCI network card or a network adapter. I am told we have to have a 2.0 port for the network adapter to work. It would be cheaper for us to install the internal Ethernet PCI Card, my problem is I don't know which one to buy. I know we need one that is rated 1000mbps, are these universal or will we have to buy one that fits each brand of computer?

Relevancy 62.35%

problems with laptop, one of which is i am unable to get wireless connection again, no network connections are appearing in control panel? help

A:no wireless network connections appearing in control panel,

Hi and welcome to TSF what is the make and model of your laptop and have you checked in device manager for any error flags ie yellow ! or red X

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/no-wireless-network-connections-appearing-in-control-panel-673919.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Currently, I have a Cisco modem + router all-in-one... thing and am just curious about having wired and wireless users both connecting to it.

If I have one wired user connected directly to the modem + router and everyone else on wireless, will the wired person get "priority", in terms of bandwidth, over the wireless users? What about vice versa?

A:A quick question about wireless and wired connections on the same network

There won't be any particular priority unless you set Qos (quality of service)
fo the IP address of the particular computer you want to limit bandwith on.
Depending on the router you have you may or may not already have this
functionallity built in.
You would just need to set it up in the router configuration.
The wired connection is usually faster than wireless,but there is still no priority
because of that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-quick-question-about-wireless-and-wired-connections-on-the-same-network.1053662/
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently had a virus on my computer so Dell sent me a new hardward CD to wipe our the virus along with everything else on my computer. Well when i was going to go back and download my wireless internet card i couldnt even go to find ANY wireless connections. ( as if it wasnt even scanning for them because it was completely blank) which i know there are at least 3-5 in my area. SO thus meaning i couldnt download mine because you have to search for it. i've tried to go to setup wizard but that doesnt work. i dont know what else to do and i DESPERATELY NEED my internet to work.... please help!!

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi everyone I am new to your site and need your help I have a Dell Inspiron laptop using XP with service pack update I just formated my hard drive and re-installed everything except my personal Manager Device Connections in and Wireless LAN hidden Network stuff Now have installed Norton all Office Acitve X and Adobe All drivers have been updated through Dell although I had Wireless LAN hidden in Device Manager and Network Connections to manually install because past one year now Pretty sure their ok WLAN Miniport is Dell and only appears in Device Manager when quot Show Hidden Devices quot and does not show in quot Network Connections quot Wireless LAN hidden in Device Manager and Network Connections or in task pane Lan is Broadcom x Integrated Controller this seems fine I have searched everywhere for an answer as to why this is hidden I have tried everything including disabling Norton Symantec on this device In the device manager when I show details for device it says it s working fine made by Microsoft and location unknown I just tried something else Network Diagnostics for XP as follows HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity info HTTP Successfully connected to www microsoft com info HTTPS Successfully connected to www microsoft com warn FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The operation timed out warn FTP Active Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The operation timed out error Could not make an FTP connection I have spent soooooo many hours trying to fix this damn thing I think it is a software conflict but not sure Would really appreciate some help on this Thanks Crazy Canuc

A:Wireless LAN hidden in Device Manager and Network Connections

This link explains what hidden devices might be, http://oreilly.com/pub/h/3105Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174931/wireless-lan-hidden-in-device-manager-and-network-connections/
Relevancy 62.35%

Okay, in the Wireless Network Connections display window where the wireless networks in range are displayed.. The network at my home is listed as security-enabled. This is incorrect though, I logged into my router via 192.168.1.1 (it's a Linksys) and checked the security settings. The WEP key/security is disabled.

So now it's asking me for a network password when there isn't even one set not allowing me to gain wireless access. It's not a problem for me to connect via a hard wire. I just can't connect wirelessly (nice word, eh?)

Any ideas?

A:Wireless Network Connections display says security-enabled, when it's not.

When you logon to your router does it allow you to enable WEP? If it does then enable it and select an encryption key. You would then have to reconfigure the wireless setting on your PC to match the security settings on your router. (Select WEP encrytion and input the appropriate key).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-connections-display-says-security-enabled-when-its-not-228715.html
Relevancy 62.35%

So I happened to do CD recovery a day ago Due to forgetting Administrator password and now my laptop seems to not be able to pick up any wireless connections when there usually is a ton Also every time my laptop restarts it always loads saying quot Preparing for first time use quot Like I used the CD recovery again which I didn't I thought that maybe it has to do with the Drivers and such though im not very tech fancy so I wouldn't exactly know where to find the correct driver to install and which to install Here is my laptop's Information OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System show network any wireless doesn't My connections laptop Name MUOI-PC System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model U E System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc U E SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version My laptop doesn't show any wireless network connections quot quot User Name Muoi-PC Muoi Time Zone Eastern Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Oh and My laptop doesn't show any wireless network connections lastly I happened to notice on Driver manager that on quot other devices quot there is a yellow exclamation point on both of them Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N WiMAX and Network Controller If you were wondering my Network adapters is Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Thank you

A:My laptop doesn't show any wireless network connections

You can get the drivers here ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS U56E
start with the chipset then audio,video,lan,wifi then any others you do not need any driver programs they can offer drivers that are unsuitable for your system,download the drivers to either a usb stick or burn to a disc and transfer to your computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-doesnt-show-any-wireless-network-connections-683168.html