Windows Support Forum

AMD graphics issue leading to Motherboard change in HP DV6 p...

Q: AMD graphics issue leading to Motherboard change in HP DV6 p...

AMD graphics issue leading to Motherboard change in HP DV pavillion laptop nbsp When I am trying to start my laptop nothing appears on screen only num lock and cap locks blinks continuosly nbsp When i shown it to local vendor they informed me its a grpahics AMD turion nbsp issue and so i went to authorize HP center aqnd they informed me they currently dont support HP DV year old laptop and hence cant do anything with hardware change nbsp change HP Motherboard leading p... issue AMD DV6 to graphics in nbsp As its a critical part i dont wnat to change it nbsp from local vendor and HP is not able nbsp to help AMD graphics issue leading to Motherboard change in HP DV6 p... I am bit confused that for HP laptop AMD graphics issue leading to Motherboard change in HP DV6 p... if i dont get support from HP nbsp then who wil dell or apple nbsp even if they have withdrawn the product atleast for such crucial hardware change they should support the laptop user as i cant go and change it form anywhere is it mistake to trut authroize center nbsp Please suggest nbsp Thanks Kapil nbsp HP DV laptop modelAMD turion graphics nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/AMD-graphics-issue-leading-to-Motherboard-change-in-HP-DV6/td-p/5614395
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: AMD graphics issue leading to Motherboard change in HP DV6 p...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I'm hoping someone can help me out here because I'm majorly frustrated at this point Regardless of the device I use I can preview photos on the device and they are the correct color 'I'm losing my issue? this Photos or change - Is an a issue mind' graphics color They are also the correct color when viewed in paint photoshop or quicktime windows preview However they get fuzzy and green when viewed in a windows gallery or when uploaded to a site such as imageshack I can open the same file side by side one in photoshop and one in windows live photo gallery at the same time and one will be the right color and the other will be green Here are examples This photo appears blue to me Photos change color - Is this a graphics issue or an 'I'm losing my mind' issue? This one is slightly green and fuzzier The same file in the same format was used to upload both What really confuses me however is that I viewed the link to the green photo on a different computer and it looks the same as the blue one So as far as I know everyone who clicks on those links is thinking quot But they're the same and you're crazy quot Which is arguable depending on the crowd but they really don't look the same to me I'm using a Slimline s n with Windows Vista Home Edition and NVIDIA GeForce SE Graphics This is a fairly recent issue and is apparently inexplicably selective I have played around with saving the files in various formats but it doesn't make a difference and also doesn't explain why I view the same file in the same format differently depending on what program I use and when I upload it Anyone have any idea what's happening here

A:Photos change color - Is this a graphics issue or an 'I'm losing my mind' issue?

Hello, yes, they looked the same to me, as to why one program shows blue, and another shows green is weird tho.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/294785-photos-change-color-graphics-issue-im-losing-my-mind-issue.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys I recently bought a new motherboard processor ram and hdd to try and solve issue Motherboard/graphics a bsod issue I had with my old pc Though that issue has been solved I now have another issue I have the Foxconn H M-S motherboard with Integrated Intel GMA Graphics with HDMI output I also have the Intel G Dual-Core processor and gb DDR Mhz ram The issue is as follows I cannot connect my TV to my pc via HDMI it just doesnt detect on either the standard windows screen res options nor does it detect when I try to use the Intel software Also when I put in my Palit GeForce GB DDR PCIe card the motherboard just doesn t detect it I ve tried pretty much everything I can think of tried BIOS settings tried updating and rolling back drivers tried updating BIOS I m fresh out of ideas and I need a fix to this ASAP If anyone could help with my Motherboard/graphics issue problem I would be eternally grateful Thank you for any help StueyCIDE Also I m running Windows Ultimate bit nbsp

A:Motherboard/graphics issue

For clarification:

You installed both video and chipset drivers for your motherboard and CPU.
You are using the Projection Menu built-in Windows, by pressing both "Windows Key" and "P".
When adding the graphics card, you changed the graphics settings in BIOS to use PCIe instead of IGP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-graphics-issue.185744/
Relevancy 62.78%

Whenever my CPU gets moved or hit slightly my Graphics card stops working. I noticed the fan would turn off and I lose the signal to my monitor. It works fine sitting on its side but whenever I secure it and move my entire PC it stops working again. I've tried both slots on my MB with the same result.

My question, how can I tell if its my MB or GFX card? Or both?

Relevancy 62.35%

I just recently bought and assembled my own computer, however when I turn it on I see a blank screen and can't set up BIOS nor install an OS. I checked and everything is plugged and set correctly. I have tried moving the graphics card into a new PCI slot but I still get a blank screen. I also tried to use different cables (HDMI, VGA, and DVI) but still no luck. At this point I don't know what else to do. Help?

Below are the links to my motherboard and video card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130275
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814141116

A:Solved: Motherboard/Graphics card issue

i recently got a new computer also and have this problem.. the splash screen does not show up, only a message saying boot system to cd/dvd, have no clue what the problem may be.. need quick help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-motherboard-graphics-card-issue.973481/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi TechSpot users I have a problem with my monitor Or I actually dont know whether it is the monitor the graphic card or perhaps my PCI-Express slot When I turn on my computer the screen is black and the little blue powerbutton Monitor, issue? graphics card, motherboard or is flashing and nothing happens when i push it I cant turn my monitor off either unless I pull the plug I ve had this problem for some time now Sometimes the screen just appears by itself Monitor, graphics card, or motherboard issue? after several hours Sometimes I sit down and push the power button repeatedly and maybe it works after a while Sometimes it helps to restart the computer When the screen works there is no problem I can play games and restart the computer and it still works I can also turn the monitor off and on I can even turn off the computer only for a couple of seconds though and it still works But if I turn of the computer and leave it for say minutes i am right back to the problem mentioned above I have tried to replace both monitor and graphic card And i ve tried to switch the digital cable with an analog ports as well of course Could it be my PCI-e slot And if so how to find out and is it repairable by the average consumer Best Regards nbsp

A:Monitor, graphics card, or motherboard issue?

What is the make and model of your monitor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-graphics-card-or-motherboard-issue.160223/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello!

Recently, my desktop has been having seeming random freezes while idle/normal activity levels and the monitor turns into something like the attached images, or a solid color closest to what the screen was displaying before it crashes.

The same thing happens upon hard reset, and sometimes I am not even able to get to the BIOS. At other times, the monitor does not detect an input from the graphics card.

My current setup is as follows:
Motherboard: P55A-UD4P (No onboard graphics)/Flashed to latest firmware after having issues
Graphics: ASUS EAH5770 1GB
Monitor: Samsung P2250

I don't think its the monitor (as I've tested it with my laptop). Therefore it probably is the graphics card or motherboard. Any diagnostics/fixes for my situation?

Relevancy 61.06%

Hey everyone Sorry for the dramatic title but this problem really is actually making me go a little mad My system had intermittent issues where it wouldn t load about a year ago Sometimes it would post sometimes it wouldn t Then after a while it stopped posting at all What would happen is the graphics card fans would spin to maximum speed and I would get one long am Motherboard at wits boot in issue graphics / results I card my no end!! beep followed by three short ones - no VGA detected I assumed it was my graphics card and returned I am at my wits end!! Motherboard / graphics card issue results in no boot it After an extremely long and unnecessary replacement procedure I got a new graphics card which worked for a while before the same problem occurred - it stopped booting at all just giving me the quot No VGA Detected quot beep sequence So I thought it must be the motherboard I returned it and sure enough the test result said that there were problems posting I have now received the replacement AND IT STILL DOESN T WORK I do not have another system I can use for parts but I was able to check it with a basic PCI-e card from a friendly computer repair shop and that DID work So that indicates it s the graphics card But if it s the graphics card why did the system work for a while about weeks before starting to fail to boot I never saw any artifacts or anything on screen Furthermore if the graphic card is the problem why did the motherboard come up with a fault I am thinking I m cursed The motherboard comes up faulty - but then the new motherboard won t load with my graphics card itself a replacement What is the problem here I have ordered a new graphics card and will return the current one if it does work but what could be causing the issue in the first place It s a new mobo and a card that worked for a while - it seems that it would be fantastically bad luck to have two graphics cards which both break over time AND a defective motherboard I m lost Any thoughts anyone please - I am desperate Asus P T Deluxe v Intel Core i x GB Corsair DDR Corsair W PSU Sapphire Radeon HD prior to that NVidia GTX nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-am-at-my-wits-end-motherboard-graphics-card-issue-results-in-no-boot.950599/
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently acquired the XP Security virus and used the suggestions on your site through use of your routines and manual removal of files I was left with a ping exe issue that hogged computer resources to the point the system completely locked except for mouse movements Unfortunately I saw your suggestion to use the ComboFix exe before I saw your outline of how to begin issue Ping.exe Security Internet to leading Virus the troubleshooting procedure I was not connected to the internet when Internet Security Virus leading to Ping.exe issue I executed ComboFix The extraction list scrolled on the screen and the program seemed to terminate normally but I could not find any log generated by ComboFix I looked further than in C I am running XP Home Edition V under Service Pack and keep up with all updates My system now seems to be back to the point where I can only erratically execute any programs My Computer Icon or a normal shutdown in Normal Mode I have to do a power down in Normal Mode since the normal shut off does nothing I also have to power down from Safe Mode where during a normal shut down process I get a repeating Windows Application Error The application failed to initialize properly xc Click on OK to terminate the application I ran the DeFogger DDS and GMER in Normal mode but I encountered problems with GMER The system shut it down and froze the computer in Normal mode before I could save the log so I had to power down and rerun GMER stopping it after it started looking at program data files I am not sure this yields the information you need for analysis I also ran GMER in Safe Mode which ran for almost hours before abnormally terminating-I have a lot of files I received a message GMER has found system modification caused by a ROOTKIT activity At that point the scan stopped I have enclosed the logs I received from the DDS Normal mode and GMER both Normal and Safe Mode programs This is my first posting on your site except for a greeting Any suggestions for a next step Thank you for the time you devote to helping others John

A:Internet Security Virus leading to Ping.exe issue

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/434452 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434452/internet-security-virus-leading-to-pingexe-issue/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hiya

I think one of the Moderators changed my title of my last post so I have put it like this. The CERT/CC is a recognised security site.

CERT® Advisory CA-2001-28 Automatic Execution of Macros

An intruder can include a specially crafted macro in a Microsoft Excel or PowerPoint document that can avoid detection and run automatically regardless of the security settings specified by the user

Systems running:
Windows
Microsoft Excel 2000
Microsoft Excel 2002
Microsoft PowerPoint 2000
Microsoft PowerPoint 2002
Macintosh
Microsoft Excel 98
Microsoft Excel 2001
Microsoft PowerPoint 98
Microsoft PowerPoint 2001

http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2001-28.html

Regards

eddie

A:Office Security Issue: leading to CERT/CC link

Yes, Eddie. I did. This forum is really for questions, not tips/tricks or informational articles, but I thought we'd leave it in here for a while. I'd like you to copy your above post and place it in the original. I'll change the title of it again:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=54911

(I don't want this thread posted twice. Next time, please just email me or any other moderator or "Report this thread."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-security-issue-leading-to-cert-cc-link.55170/
Relevancy 50.74%

hello, i have a 9800gt that gives a very low fps on crysis, i went to the shop from where i purchased it and they said that you need to change your power supply, currently its 230watt, i was thinking that i should replace my card with another one as mine does not have a six pin supplementary power connector. so my question is that should i change my psu first or should i switch my card first?

A:Should i change my power supply or should i change my graphics card?

your running a 9800gt on a 230W PSU!? not sure how your doing that without it shutting down as soon as you start a game. the 9800gt needs a 450W psu with 24A on the 12v rail (s). change the PSU. you are fortunate that you haven't overstressed the 230W psu and destroyed the rest of the system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-change-my-power-supply-or-should-i-change-my-graphics-card.134139/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I've got this motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP.
I just went looking around the BIOS, and found out how to use my other monitor (connected via VGA port on motherboard) but not how to use both my graphics card and motherboard internal graphics (Graphics card for main display and motherboard display for alternate display) at the same time. I read that some motherboards can do this, and I would think that mine could, due to it being quite a good motherboard, but am I missing something? I can't seem to find it!

And help/answers will be awesome.

PS. the 2nd monitor is ONLY VGA and my graphics card only has ports for HDMI and DVI, I do have an adapter... for HDMI to DVI... Damn...

PSS. If im unclear, ask in the reply section.

Thanks Again!

A:How to use both graphics card and motherboard graphics at once?

Depending on what Graphics Card you have ... You should be able to run two Monitors of the one Card ...

As for using the Internal and another Graphics Card at the same time ...

That is not possible ... Though it is true that your Motherboard supports Switchable Graphics ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/348360-how-use-both-graphics-card-motherboard-graphics-once.html
Relevancy 48.59%

OK so admin at warrock said try the forum the forum kept yielding advice that was no help I have tried uninstalling reinstalling downloading setup from different places I have updated my winxp in a futile attempt to get it working but still have problem The one remedy I couldn t try was change compatibility mode to xp but for some reason my xp compatibility options only range to win The open warrock on warrock graphics Black load no Issue sounds but Screen Graphics file works Graphics Issue on warrock Black Screen sounds load but no graphics then the g page comes up and I press the enter Graphics Issue on warrock Black Screen sounds load but no graphics button hackshield starts fine then I get the wallpaper before you get to logon screen with servers at this point ratherthan tabs to choose from I get a black screen I can hear the image maps respond but cant see anything please help ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name BLACK-PC Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer INTEL System Model D GRGK BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab The file vinyl sys is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft s Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo d driver from the hardware manufacturer Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce MX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce MX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Default Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- - BA C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FA... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-issue-on-warrock-black-screen-sounds-load-but-no-graphics.936251/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm running a dell inspiron 1545 (vista 32).

When trying to open the intel graphics driver properties it won't open (no error message)
When I try to change the display settings I get the error message "the currently selected graphics driver can not be used (written for a older version of windows)
When I run dixdiag I get the error that direct input isn't responding.
I tried to download drivers from intel but I got the error message that my machine doesen't meet the system requirements (I'm not entirly sure I picked the right software)

All the drivers from the dell site appear to do nothing and I've updated from direct 9 to 11.

Still no fix

If anyone can help me fix it give me your email and I'll gift you a itunes voucher or something, this problem is causing huge problems for me.

Much appreciated

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello forum So I just updated my Nvidea graphics card and for some reason after restarting my laptop in order to install these files to the system the quot System Thread Exception Not Handled quot BSOD card Issue? Graphics issue/Avast Blue screen error flashed on my screen and later redirected me to an automatic repair screen which attempted to fix this issue I ended up restarting the laptop on safe mode uninstall my Nvidea graphics card and completely reinstall it from scratch But for some BSOD Graphics card issue/Avast Issue? reason it keeps giving me the same error each time I restart my laptop After some research online apparently there's an issue with Avast and Nvidea You will find attached the SF Diagnostic Tool grab all option files needed to view the issue at hand Any help would greatly be helpful Many are saying that I've not been installing the corrent drivers but that's not possible as it's directly from the MSI website GT NE linked to the official Nvidea website saying that the driver includes my graphics card M While other people are saying that maybe Avast is causing some issue towards the graphics card I have the Avast Professional Antivirus Laptop Specs Windows MSI Dragon Edition GT NE Intel Core i - QM CPU GHz bit NVIDIA GeForce GTX M Intel HD Graphics Any help would greatly be appreciated I'm currently running my laptop without the nVidea Graphics Card Drivers and seems to be fine so far Regards Ic d

A:BSOD Graphics card issue/Avast Issue?

This appears to be a duplicate topic
The other one is here: BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled Error/Nvidea Card

I responded to the other one.
You may want to PM a staff member to have this one deleted (to prevent confusion)

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51750-bsod-graphics-card-issue-avast-issue.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a Dell Dimension 9150 and I have a couple of problems.

Firstly, when the PC boots up, there are squares / dots on the monitor similar to the following picture:

Secondly, I have tried to re-install Windows XP twice, and if I leave the CD in it boots into Windows - but if I remove the CD and reboot the computer it says 'no boot device available'.

Any ideas / comments would be very much appreciated.

Thank you :)

A:[SOLVED] Graphics issue / Hard drive issue? Help!

Also, I've just run the hard drive diagnostics and it looks like the hard drive is fine - so not quite sure what's up with it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-graphics-issue-hard-drive-issue-help-702943.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys i ve got a problem reboot issue graphics and issue NVIDIA card with my toshiba qosmio g I reboot issue and graphics card issue NVIDIA ve had it running sweet on xp and i recently upgraded it to vista ultimate lite It for some reason won t read my graphics card geforce it says the best driver is already installed for you called standard graphics adapter but thats wrong so i can t play games so im gonna put it back to xp but to do that is a mission this laptop has raid harddrives so I need to install a driver so i press f or whatever it is can t remember to enter the menu thing this is at the blue screen before you enter the partition menu it comes up with something like quot please enter you manufactuers disk into the A quot but i don t have a floppydrive built in to be able i ve tryed usb floppydrivebut it doesn t read as A so can use on of them I ve heard about useing nlite to put the drivers in a cd with the rebootstuff but i can t getit to read the drivers too it was easy enough going to vista as you could insert a flash drive with drivers on it Please help me fix this or ill have to take it into a shop and pay them nbsp

A:reboot issue and graphics card issue NVIDIA

Do you have AHCI or RAID as an option to select in BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reboot-issue-and-graphics-card-issue-nvidia.918232/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys

i just finished my build and i have no idea why i went for a motherboard with 2 slots for ram it can hold up to 16gb but luckly ebuyer sent me out an extra 4gb of kingston hyperx ram so i have 8gb all together but theres a problem theres 4 sticks !

obviously i wouldnt want to send it back so what do ya think either upgrade my motherboard and smash the extra 4 gb in there or keep to my original one i dont have money to blow atall im really struggling if its something that will really make a difference ill go with it if not then ill just keep to my original and when i come to buy a graphics card i will get a 2gb graphics card to help with gaming all i really do is gaming i dont really do anything else

thankyou for your time

A:Motherboard 4gb Max or change motherboard for 8gb ?

I'd go with 4 gigs until you had a major reason to believe it wasn't enough. If that ever happens, consider your next move. Most people do just fine with 4 gigs.

I considered 8 gigs on my 4 slot board but decided against it and don't regret it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/148979-motherboard-4gb-max-change-motherboard-8gb.html
Relevancy 45.58%

hey yall, i have a question for you......

i have recently had the GA-8IPE1000 (2.0) Intel 865PE chipset and something has gone wrong to force me to get a new mobo.
so i have some questions of to what i should get.... i need socket 478 motherboard and i have been looking at these in particular

ASUS p4p800-se
ASUS p4p800-e
or getting the same mobo. b/c i heard that it is a pain in the A** to reinstall al the drivers on the new mobo.....

any suggestions?

A:motherboard change what should i do?

Ti.boneair said:

hey yall, i have a question for you......

i have recently had the GA-8IPE1000 (2.0) Intel 865PE chipset and something has gone wrong to force me to get a new mobo.
so i have some questions of to what i should get.... i need socket 478 motherboard and i have been looking at these in particular

ASUS p4p800-se
ASUS p4p800-e
or getting the same mobo. b/c i heard that it is a pain in the A** to reinstall al the drivers on the new mobo.....

any suggestions?Click to expand...

same mobo is the easiest route, if you get a different one chances are a fresh format and install of your os and everything else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-change-what-should-i-do.341140/
Relevancy 45.58%

My old motherboard got fried... literally somehow, so I got a new one. But now my games crash... not a lot, but from time to time they just lock up... Is this maybe because there is somethign not configured properly on the bios? Is this a common problem when a computer has had a mobo switch?

Relevancy 45.58%

I have a intel d845glly motherboard on my pc. Can i replace it with a better one? If yes, plz specify the model.

Relevancy 45.58%

I have a 433i Emachine, with a Florida TG Micro ATX motherboard, It is an Intel Socket 370 with an Intel Celleron processor of 400Mhz. My question is can I upgrade to a better motherboard and if so how do I make sure I match the placement of my Emachine case....

Thanks

Relevancy 45.58%

Hey I'm new to all this and want to upgrade my computer to 4Gb Ram as well as buy a good graphics card,the graphics cards I've been looking at are all DDR3 or higher,but my pc has DDR2.So what do i need to do,will i need to change my motherboard? Thanks

A:Do i Need to change my Motherboard?

Short answer: It depends.

Graphics card memory and PC memory are two separate things.

The DDR3 memory on graphics cards is independent to what your dektop PC has installed. The DDR3 memory modules on graphics cards are part of the card. Separate to the PC's memory.

You will however, need DDR2 for the PC. DDR3 doesn't fit into DDR2 slots.

With your PC you might be out of luck as it looks like that motherboard/model only supports up to 2GB

http://www.upgradecomputermemory.com...AM-Memory.html

http://www.datamemorysystems.com/Com...sario-SR5027UK

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/189557-do-i-need-change-my-motherboard.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all,

I have a machine with a Gigabyte X58A Ud3 in, because I think that it's faulty I'd like to upgrade it to the X58a UD5.

Can I do this without grief? Is it a simple matter of swapping it out, plug in original devices update bios, MB drivers and go, boot up with original c drive?

Am I being optimistic? Could I trash my existing setup?

Thanks

James

A:can I change my motherboard

James, Yes it is most likely possible to change your motherboard out BUT. It does require a bit of technical knowhow as the memory and the cpu will have to be moved to the new motherboard and moving the cpu and cooler is not for the faint of heart. Unless your young and have steady hands and good eyes. It can get sticky uninstalling and moving the cpu to the new motherboad. Damn those pins on the cpu are small

Regarding your hard disk, That could be a problem as the new motherboard has different drivers and such.

But I have seen the hard disk moved to a new mb with a minimum of fuss. First you must backup all of your data and save any install programs with the validation codes or serial numbers.

Also, according to the OEM license. when you change the mb on an oem computer, you need a new copy of windows but if you have a regular copy of windows ie.. full version then you can install it on the new mb.

The most important thing is good backups...

Good luck and may the force be with you

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/232373-can-i-change-my-motherboard.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I change with motherboard Help be built a few Help with motherboard change computers in my lifetime but having problems like I have not experienced before The motherboard is an Asus A NX -X The CPU is an AMD Sempron I now get a good bootup with bios picking up my Maxtor hard drive and CD burner correctly HD as primary and CR as secondary on primary IDE After some tinkering bios also correctly recognizes the cpu as the sempron I am running fsb with multiplier of The problem occurs when I attempt to install Windows after deleting creating new partition and reformatting Maxtor hard drive I go to E drive where my CD is and where the Windows cd is at to install the operating system I enter setup and everything Help with motherboard change starts per normal scandisk After exiting scandisk it says it is loading setup files and then I get an error message that states quot Standard Mode Invalid DPMI return from B EC quot Then I get the E prompt with Help with motherboard change no further action Everything I know to check is correct The bios recognizes the HD and CD It also recognizes the proper CPU Any idea what I am doing wrong Never experienced this type of problem before I work grave shift and am about to go to bed but will look up responses when I wake up this evening Sure appreciate any help you may give This one has me stumped Thanks again Jim nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Basically Last week downloaded the new BF demo and realised that finally after years of loyal service and dedication the sun had begun to set on change Motherboard help!!! my GeForceMX and it was time for a new card Anyway after a week Motherboard change help!!! of trawling through endless etailers i found the card that i wanted and NVidiaGeForce GT MB etc etc Now when checking out my PC to see if it could actually handle such a card i realised that my motherboard only supported x AGP which as you guys know out there is not the x that is required of this generation of card Seeing that i really don t want to get a card any older than this because i want it to last me a few years at least i have come to the conclusion that infact i am going to have to purchase another AGP supporting motherboard obviously of x As this is expensive and not to say the least bloody complicated i was wondering if any of you bright sparks out there may have any other solutions ok this is my pc http support packardbell com uk mypc index php sernr yeah i know its years old but it hasnt faulted me yet lol anyway thanks for reading and some intelligent advice would be greatly appreciated thanks guys p s o yeah also like- if a motherboard change is the only option can you tell me at least where to start because i am way out of my depth- i e what i need in my new motherboard apart from agp x lol and how to replace my old one with it thanks again nbsp

A:Motherboard change help!!!

What's your budget?

I think the answers will largely depend on how much money you want to put into this project.

If you are looking for a graphics upgrade and you are replacing your mobo consider moving to a board with PCI-Express graphics. That would give you a longer life to your investment and the graphics boost is nice indeed. Of course, if you go that far you are probably looking at a new processor and memory as well.

Also, what size power supply do you currently have? Newer graphics cards need more power and most stock computers don't supply much of that.

- Bob

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-change-help.27251/
Relevancy 45.58%

On a HP Media Center m1160n can the motherboard be used in another computer once it has been installed. The motherboard went out and it was replaced with a new one. The cost was to high and the guy who put it in said it cannot be used in another pc. Just wanting to know if that is true. Thank you for any info on this.

Relevancy 45.58%

okay i just got a k8n neo3 motherboard from my friend...(my old motherboard died). And everything is great except for the fact that my ati radeon 9600xt wont work on there. Now when i went to go look for drivers i found one but needed to first reinstall windows. Now i went to go reinstall windows with the POS pci graphics card i have but i could only do things in safe mode or the compy would crash. Now i was thinking this is due to the differences in drivers for the stuff i had in my compy before i switch parts. Now i am stuck with trying to reinstall windows...but when i get to the end of installing the download freezes and doesnt start up again.

A:Help with graphics/motherboard

The pci and agp cards use entirely different drivers for both the cards and the slots, you should try an install with the agp card.
If you have no data you want to keep on the hdd or you have made a back up then a full format would be a good idea just in case you have any data corruption on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-graphics-motherboard.54725/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi.

I am trying to find a motherboard for socket AM2 that doesnt have built in graphics. I have heard that they are faster than ones with built in graphics and any sujestions of which motherboards for socket AM2 would be great. Thanking in advance

Jack-O-Bytes.

A:Motherboard Graphics

What you have heard is not entirely true. While it is true any componet will use CPU cycles that doesn't mean your not getting anything out of it.

If you disable the onboard graphics and just use an onboard graphics card the motherboard will work just as well as any other. Or if you can use Hybrid XFire to get a good performance boost with your onboard graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-graphics.826253/
Relevancy 45.15%

My current MB is Sata II and usb 2.0. I plan a MB swap that will re-use the cpu/memory and associated hardware to get Sata III & USB 3.0 and other updated features.

I hot swap ssd's to either run W10 RTM or W10 insider on this desktop but keep a HDD to use as data for both systems.

Will a repair install work or will I have to clean install W10 and install all my apps/programs.

What will this do to activation since "hardware" changed and the ability to get back on insider?

A:Consquences of Motherboard change out

Read this post, will throw some light on this subject....
My Windows 10 Online Support Experience with Activation. : Windows10

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/38785-consquences-motherboard-change-out.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i have a dee optiplex gx 280 and i have 8 gb ram and a navida quatro 1 gb video card and seagate 500 gb harddrive i put in liquid cooling and a bigfoot 1gb enternet card got 2 sony dvd rewriters and the stock power supply just need to know if i can upgrade the cpu i like the pc it is working fine just would like to make it all it can be im running windows 7 ultimate and got good scores on proformance test
processor: 4.2
memory (ram): 5,2
Graphics: 5.9
Gaming graphics:4.7
primary hard drive:5.9
what would help othere then buying a new pc please help

A:Can I change my CPU without buying a new motherboard?

What's your motherboard model and what CPU do you have at the moment?

Also what do you use the PC for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-change-my-cpu-without-buying-a-new-motherboard.179508/
Relevancy 45.15%

I currently use a computer that has a Foxconn 661MXPLUS motherboard but it has no audio. I need to change out the motherboard but hope to be able to use the existing CD Drives, Memory and HD.

Is there a sure fire reference that I can use to accomplish that?

This board has an integrated processor. Will that make a difference.

You can probably tell, I am not the sharpest tack in the drawer when it comes to computer repair/configuration.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey all,

My mobo just failed so I am thinking about attempting a mobo swap without a reinstall.

I found this thread: Change Mobo and Processor without format ? where the OP reported success.

If I can get this working, are there any potential Cons that I should be aware of?

If I do have to reinstall how does the Repair reinstall differ than the Clean reinstall?

I already have all my Personal Files on a separate partition on the HD and I will be using the same processor and RAM. Thanks.

A:Change motherboard without reinstall Win 7 x64

Quote: Originally Posted by nabilalk

Hey all,

My mobo just failed so I am thinking about attempting a mobo swap without a reinstall.

I found this thread: Change Mobo and Processor without format ? where the OP reported success.

If I can get this working, are there any potential Cons that I should be aware of?

If I do have to reinstall how does the Repair reinstall differ than the Clean reinstall?

I already have all my Personal Files on a separate partition on the HD and I will be using the same processor and RAM. Thanks.

You shouldnt even have to do a repair, just install and see if it identifies everything. Have the latest mobo chipset and integrated stuff drivers downloaded and ready to go if you can. If Win7 doesnt recognize the new mobo then a repair is a 2nd option.

From your specs it appears this is a custom or homemade PC... if so you really shouldnt have any issues!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/129023-change-motherboard-without-reinstall-win-7-x64.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Apologies if this has been asked Change motherboard Vista on before - I recently decided to upgrade my processor on a Vista PC requiring a new motherboard With Xp this used to be relatively simple - ensure you have the Standard Dual PCI IDE Controller Change motherboard on Vista installed switch hardware and install new drivers With Vista however this was the beginning Change motherboard on Vista of a huge nightmare The rebuilt system would simply not boot - It started the process got to the progress bar very briefly and then just restarted the Change motherboard on Vista PC I spent a whole day scouring the net for solutions I saw plenty of questions but no answers The new Vista boot-time repair is a joke - It takes about two hours and then leaves the system exactly as it was There is no more Repair Install as there was in XP It seems that the only way round is to clean install everything from scratch entailing hours and days of work Has Microsoft screwed its users AGAIN If there is a reliable method for performing this procedure I sure would be grateful to hear about it nbsp

A:Change motherboard on Vista

Does this machine have a OEM OS tied to the original Motherboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-motherboard-on-vista.721527/
Relevancy 45.15%

hey guys so the pc that i have is this one HP Pavilion Elite HPE- f Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Support Now the motherboard recently died on it so i was considering replacing it with this board instead MSI GXM-G my the pc's i of can layout motherboard? change AM AMD GX x SATA Gb s USB HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg com However I see no problems with replacing the board itself but the question i have pertains to the case itself In that particular case the motherboard can i change the layout of my pc's motherboard? is actually mounted on the left side so the pcie slots are currently sitting ABOVE the processor the ram and the main fan Now my question is this Can I modify that case so that the board sits like the usual matx board that i have in my other hp pc which is on the right So basically i want to make the case useable but move the board from the left wall to the right wall with minimal effort if possible Thanks

A:can i change the layout of my pc's motherboard?

Quote: Originally Posted by nabob

hey guys,

so, the pc that i have is this one: HP Pavilion Elite HPE-235f Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP? Support. Now, the motherboard recently died on it, so i was considering replacing it with this board instead: MSI 890GXM-G65 AM3 AMD 890GX 5 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

However, I see no problems with replacing the board itself, but the question i have pertains to the case itself. In that particular case, the motherboard is actually mounted on the left side, so, the pcie slots are currently sitting ABOVE the processor, the ram, and the main fan. Now my question is this: Can I modify that case so that the board sits like the usual matx board that i have in my other hp pc, which is on the right? So basically, i want to make the case useable, but move the board from the left wall to the right wall with minimal effort, if possible?

Thanks

this is the first matx motherboard that i have seen which follows the btx standard of mounting the board on the opposite wall, lol.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/373411-can-i-change-layout-my-pcs-motherboard.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My old motherboard (MSI [email protected] MSI Global ? Mainboard - P4M900M2-L) was not working as in the display was blank and no signal was being recieved by the monitor. So I went shopping and they sold me a new motherboard (MSI G31TM-P31 MSI Global ? Mainboard - G31TM-P31). After i installed the new motherboard, i turned on the system and the blue light was on and the fan was spinning. after a short while the fan started spinning much faster. So I went ahead and tested the processor on another computer and it was working properly. The processor is a Pentium Dual-Core (I will post model number if requested since it's a bit hard to take off with the fan and all).

What should i do? is it an incompatible motherboard? since the motherboard doesnt have onboard speakers, it doesnt make any sound either. Thanks in advance

A:Motherboard change. Won't boot up

CPU: Pentium Dual-Core
Conroe SLA8X E2200
FSB: 200MHz
Speed: 2.20GHz

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/186987-motherboard-change-wont-boot-up.html
Relevancy 45.15%

The G6 series has 2 different motherboard setups one is standard and one has a secondary graphics card or dual graphics. I would like to know on my G6-2209au if it is possible to switch out the motherboard and get dual graphics. I have just replaced the APU processor and saw the space for where the chip would be and the different fan needed too cool both chips. IT seems possible but not sure. If anyone knows please let me know thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Possible-to-change-motherboard-in-G6-2209au/td-p/5615509
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi ,

I have a PIII pc 256ram which is using wins ME and keep having wins errors and wants to change it to wins 2000 but I have lost the motherboard drivers CD.
I went to the Motherboard maker website and downloaded the :
1. Soundcard driver
2. Modem driver
3. VGA driver

I was only able to download from US site and unable to download from Taiwan site ,is there any difference.
Can I know is there any other drivers that I need to download before I am Fully equiped with the drivers to change the OS.

Thanks .

Relevancy 45.15%

please help my nightmare... I recently attempted to change my computer case and in the process fried my motherboard (Abit PC-7) long story... i went out immediately and got a new one (intel d865gbf). the problem I am encountering is that now the bios is loading up and the drives are recognized in the bios, but when i boot from the windows disk it won't recognize them. this is in regards to the setup windows/repair options screen. before the problem i had 2 separate boots (one for audio work, the other for general use) and each one had a separate drive and os to load from. now nothing loads up. if i try to boot from the drives it just says "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device" does anyone have any ideas??

Relevancy 45.15%

My question is, I'm planing on installing a new motherboard to my desktop as I found out the mobo in my desktop now doesn't support newer graphic cards. Not even half-new graphic cards even. Recently bought a GeForce GTX 750 ti Strix OC Edition model and my motherboard can't handle it. So I need a new motherboard. My question is, do I need a whole new case too or will a micro-ATX mobo work in my current case? Thanks in advance./Wind

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-I-have-to-change-my-case-if-I-buy-a-new-motherboard/td-p/5749901
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys,

I just changed to a different motherboard because my other one broke and now I can't boot my Windows 7, understandably though. How can I make it work? I launched the setup repair which didn't help but I am now looking at the console. I am able to open regedit and load the SYSTEM hive and control the services in ControlSet001. Which drivers should I try playing with there to make it work?

My system:
CPU = Q6600
RAM = 2*2GB DDR-II
HD = SATA II 750GB
Old motherboard = GIGABYTE P35 DS3L rev 2.0
New motherboard = GIGABYTE G41M ES2L
Power supply = 520W pure
Video card = Sapphire HD 4870 1GB Toxic

Any idea what I should do? I really don't want to format my HD and install Windows again.

Thanks!

A:BSOD After Motherboard Change

Quote: Originally Posted by giaviv

Hey guys,

I just changed to a different motherboard because my other one broke and now I can't boot my Windows 7, understandably though. How can I make it work? I launched the setup repair which didn't help but I am now looking at the console. I am able to open regedit and load the SYSTEM hive and control the services in ControlSet001. Which drivers should I try playing with there to make it work?

My system:
CPU = Q6600
RAM = 2*2GB DDR-II
HD = SATA II 750GB
Old motherboard = GIGABYTE P35 DS3L rev 2.0
New motherboard = GIGABYTE G41M ES2L
Power supply = 520W pure
Video card = Sapphire HD 4870 1GB Toxic

Any idea what I should do? I really don't want to format my HD and install Windows again.

Thanks!

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/167624-bsod-after-motherboard-change.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Windows 7 Premium installed from an upgrade disk. Also have a X64 bite version of Win7 disk. My question is can I change my motherboard with an Intel base cpu and use the X64 Win7 and the product key, which is valid for both?

A:change motherboard and activation

Changing the MB usually is considered a new computer. You may have to call MS to activate with the same key number if it will not activate online normally.

Activate Windows 7 by Phone

Several other posts on the subject and in most cases, MS went along with the request.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/103480-change-motherboard-activation.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Do I have to change the cooler when I am replacing my motherboard from an Intel motherboard to an AMD one?

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I am just about to change the motherboard on my PC. i have been looking at...

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html

...to check the procedure, but I have got a little confused.

I am running XP Home off one single IDE drive. I wish to continue using this drive as my master (and only) drive. Would I simply go through points 1 --> 22 on the first list of the afore mentioned site? The re-installation of windows malarkey is confusing me...

Cheers,
T

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi

My desktop system came with an OEM version of Vista Home Premium installed. This has since been upgraded to Ultimate.

Unfortunately the mother board has developed a fault and I will have to replace it.

The original motherboard is no longer available (manufacturer gone bust I think) so I have to replace it with a different make.

According to searches on Microsoft, to continue using an OEM version of vista any change of mother board must be of the same make and type as installed on the original system the OS version was licensed to.

If this is true I will have to purchase a full version of Vista or try and get another OEM version with a motherboard. (VERY expensive so not an option)

Has anyone had the same problem and know if this is true or know of a way round this.

Regards

Copperfield

A:OEM System change of motherboard

Hello Copperfield,

Sometimes if you use the same brand of motherboards you will still be able to use the same OEM Vista on it, but you will have to check with the OEM manufacturer to be sure though.

You could get a cheaper upgrade version and use this method below to install if you end up having to buy a retail copy.

Clean Install From Upgrade Vista

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/203010-oem-system-change-motherboard.html
Relevancy 44.72%

System card, Graphics PSU? Motherboard, Model XPS i Operating System Windows Professional BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM X Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Chip type NVIDIA nForce i I have attached my DxDiag txt file with more system information I ve been having a number of problems with my PC It started with with some graphics card problems The screen would Graphics card, Motherboard, PSU? glitch up It would vary lines of pixels shifted left and right areas ghosting colors messed up etc Whilst I was troubleshooting this it progressively became worse to the point where the screen became Graphics card, Motherboard, PSU? unreadable or frozen It would error during boot up and freeze by the time if got to the log-on screen Both graphics cards would produce the error independently although it would visually vary between the two graphics cards The motherboard also had a continuous orange LED lit up also It just so happened my brother had the same PC set-up so has some spare parts so I swapped out the cards and his graphics cards seem to work fine no glitches no freezing etc So problem solved Well possibly though now my sound don t work My motherboard has onboard sound so there is no sound card The sound bar moves up and down but nothing comes out the speakers I have test the speakers in both in the back and front audio jacks When plugged in the front it under Playback Devices it seems to not detect the speakers just the quot Digital Output quot When plugged in the back the quot Speaker quot icon under Playback devices continuously flicks between Connected and Disconnected I have tested the speakers with my laptop and they work fine so its not the speakers The lit up orange LED also remains All cables and plugs seem to be secure I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but that didnt work so to avoid the chance of driver mismatch I reinstalled windows but still no luck My thoughts are that the motherboard is damaged Could a damaged motherboard in turn damage my graphics cards Or is it more likely that something else damaged my motherboard and graphics cards in one fell swoop I find it hard to believe that my gfx cards would both die at the same time just by coincidence and until I can lock down the problem I m worried that these graphic cards could become damaged When I have the chance I might be able to take my brothers motherboard and swap them over and test that but I have never done this before and its not something I d take to doing lightly Does anyone have any advice or suggestions about what could cause the trouble I have been having or best way to proceed Any and all help welcome nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Ok so I've been looking around and can't seem to find one, but does anyone know if there is an i5 motherboard that onboard graphics? If so where can I buy one?

A:i5 motherboard with onboard graphics

Quote: Originally Posted by Anpippin

Ok so I've been looking around and can't seem to find one, but does anyone know if there is an i5 motherboard that onboard graphics? If so where can I buy one?

From another site (you should try google)

since the 32nm Clarkdale-based CPUs are going to have onboard video on-chip, there's no chipset currently with onboard video and it's not available on any current CPUs. If your mom needs a computer right this very moment with onboard video, I'd probably go with an AMD Athlon II X2 system and a motherboard with the AMD780G chipset

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/122477-i5-motherboard-onboard-graphics.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My motherboard is a gigabyte 71xe4 and has never caused me any problems with my old gfx card (voodoo3 pci). However i just bought a geforce2 64mb mx400 AGP card and now my pc won't start. I have ensured the card is in the slot correctly and have removed the voodoo. When i switch on i just get the 2-1 beeps (2 quick beeps followed shortly after by another). I assume the pc is believing there to not be a gfx card so how do i solve this?

I am on the original BIOS (there is a prob with win 98 dos mode where the fan stops, there is an update to solve it but i never use dos so i dont see the point in risking my bios on an unnessecary update), will i have to finally update my bios to get it to work? Or is there some other way?

Thanks
Will

Relevancy 44.72%

Im just wondering if anyone knows if a XFX GeForce 8800 GTS Extreme Video Card will work with a EVGA nForce 680i SE SLI Motherboard. If anyone could tell me that would help me a lot. Im building my own computer so im ordering parts, i need to know which ones to get.

A:Need help with motherboard and graphics card

I can't see any possible reason that it wouldn't. Why an xfx instead of evga? Lifetime with evga and excellent customer support.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-motherboard-and-graphics-card.641193/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all

1. I have a asus p5vd2-MX SE motherboard
2. 160gb h.d.d
3. 2gb ram 533mhz
4. intel pentium d 945 3.00ghz

Could anyone tell me what would be the best grahics card for this system?

Thanks Jase

I was thinking of getting a Ati Radeon x1950 pro

A:What would be the best graphics card for my motherboard?

Know anything about your power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-be-the-best-graphics-card-for-my-motherboard.87097/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys I recently Motherboard/graphics issues bought a new motherboard processor ram and hdd to try and solve a Motherboard/graphics issues bsod issue I had with my old pc Though that issue has been solved I now have another issue I have the Foxconn H M-S motherboard with Integrated Intel GMA Graphics with HDMI output I also have the Intel G Dual-Core processor and gb DDR Mhz ram The issue is as follows I cannot connect my TV to my pc via HDMI it just doesnt detect on either the standard windows screen res options nor does it detect when I try to use the Intel software Also when I put in my Palit GeForce GB DDR PCIe card the motherboard just doesn t detect it I ve tried pretty much everything I can think of tried BIOS settings tried updating and rolling back drivers tried updating BIOS I m fresh out of ideas and I need a fix to this ASAP If anyone could help with my problem I would be eternally grateful Thank you for any help StueyCIDE Also I m running Windows Ultimate bit nbsp

A:Motherboard/graphics issues

Just as a small update. I've given false info lol. I dont have all the driver's installed and that's because when I try to install it says "Setup cannot continue. Cannot find compatible graphics hardware" it's clearly there and it is getting power because the fan on it is spinning. Such a confusing problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-graphics-issues.186859/
Relevancy 44.72%

question... this may sounds like a dumb question, but i was wondering if i was able to use ANY GRAPHICS card with my new motherbaord, a gigabyte... i know absolutly nothing about graphics cards, so iwas looking to all of you fro some extra help!!
Thanks!

Relevancy 44.72%

I used to run a Gigabyte X58 UD9 Motherboard and 2x HIS 5850's with extra cooling features, i broke a few things on that motherboard and blew up one of the 5850's lol

So i am buying a new Gigabyte G1 Sniper motherboard and 2 new ASUS Radeon 6970 DirectCU II 2GB, will my 850w power supply still be enough?

A:New motherboard and two new graphics cards

If you're still planning on OC'ing the CPU -and presumeably the cards...then probably depends on the power efficiency of the PSU and age...and how much power in reserve you're comfortable with. You were talking about taking the 950 to 4GHz...that's pushing into the 180-200w zone. Crossfired cards will likely take you to ~550w. Overclocking the cards to any reasonable extent could add another 100w - say 650w system total.

850w PSU @ 85% efficiency = 723w. Anything less than 85% might be pushing it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-and-two-new-graphics-cards.176259/
Relevancy 44.72%

I want to get the gtx 980 graphics card, can my JasmineR (MS-7778) motherboard have it?

A:Can my motherboard fit this graphics card

@EvilKitty?, welcome to the forum. When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-my-motherboard-fit-this-graphics-card/td-p/5687393
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an old ASUS K V-X SE motherboard that I slung together with a bunch of other spare parts to make a backup system For starters it s got an AMD x processor on it a decent NVidia graphics card GB s of RAM and a brand new power supply I loaded XP x on it and for the most part it s runs surprisingly well I cannot get Motherboard Old graphics problems having the USB to work on it even after loading the VIA drivers but that s another matter What s bugging me is most of the time when I boot up and sometimes even when Old Motherboard having graphics problems I resume from standby with the screen still black a strange looking electronic pattern appears almost light Old Motherboard having graphics problems plaid-like in appearance and in various colors It doesn t stay on the screen long then it goes away and the system boots up normally into Windows I ve tried several video cards and they all do the same thing but it is an older board and with the USB not working and some other little annoyances it s very possible I ve got a board that s just barely hanging on and I wouldn t lose any sleep if I junked it but is in a Socket and those are hard to find anymore though I have recently found a refurbished one online that might be better than what I think might be a lemon board One more thing I don t believe it s the monitor It s a business class LG that used to run with no problems on my main system I guess I can live with the little bug for awhile before I either pop in a new board or possibly try another video card I think those things corupt pretty easy sometimes from handling or static But all of this takes place during the boot so I m clueless The only theory I have is Could it be power supply I put in a brand new but cheap CoolMax watt but I ve never really been thrilled with that brand Guess I could pop in a pare to test my theory nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Well i was wondering what motherboard i had, and how i can find what it is, because i want to buy a new gfx card but i don't know which ones will work for my computer. I downloaded EVEREST but i don't understand most of what it says...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I have been trying to find out if the following is possible no success yet though Would you help me please This is a computer Graphics/Motherboard Compatibility that I built out of a book in as an experiment in liquid cooling and Graphics/Motherboard Compatibility over clocking It works fine but I want to upgrade it I have taken off the cooling now all except for the CPU circuit Mother Board ASUS P KPW- WiFi-AP - P - Socket - PCI-E X - DDR - SATA II - SATA RAID - ATX rd generation Black Pearl Special edition CPU INTEL CORE DUO - X GHz FSB RAM X G - PC- - MHz Can be liquid cooled if necessary as can the HDDs in pairs PSU CORSAIR Graphics/Motherboard Compatibility HX - W - ATX - MODULAR CASE TT - TAICHI LIQUID COOLING TO CPU HDDs X and X GB GRAPHICS SAP - HD PS ATI RADEON - HD PRO MHz - DDR PCI EXPRESS OPPSYS Win I would like to change the above spec to GB GeForce GTX Windforce and add a Dell P Q Monitor as I am changing over to some K work now Is this possible without changing the Mother board and processor I hope this is enough info Best wishes Jim GDJ nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-motherboard-compatibility.1154671/
Relevancy 44.72%

I just purchased an Acer AST180-ED400A that has the Vista Home Premium OS. I am wanting to install an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro video card for dual monitor support. I am stuck at the second step in the instructions. It says;

"(please note, if your motherboard has integrated video, you may need to disable it on the motherboard. Please contact your system or motherboard manufacturer for additional information.)"

It is Sunday and Acer only answers email support request Monday through Friday. Can anyone here tell me if infact I need to disable the nvidea on the mother board? If so How do I do it?

Relevancy 44.72%

Is there a motherbaord that offers integrated graphics within the socket am3/+ region?

A:AM3/+ Motherboard with Integrated Graphics

Yes there is quite a range, one that immediately springs to mind and at good value is the GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P AMD760G it offers AMD 3000 Radeon graphics but as im a NVIDIA user im not sure what it offers in terms of performance but any integrated graphics are going to be low-end compared to dedicated cards.

Im a bit of a Gigabyte Fanboy so i'd suggest any one of the AM3+ boards they offer with integrated graphics.

Another suggestion i could offer would be to go for one of AMD's new APU's which is a CPU/GPU in 1 chip theyre reasonably affordable and the motherboards that run them (FM1 or FM2 Sockets) are equally affordable.

But ultimately i would suggest along with many others to go for a dedicated graphics card as long as the board you have or are getting along with your power supply are equipped to run it, even if its a low end GT630.

Here is a link of a video card heirachy chart that helps determine performance of integrated video with dedicated that should help you make a decision.
Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: October 2012

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/261750-am3-motherboard-integrated-graphics.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hello all
ive finally decided to buy a graphics card to replace the on board chip that came with my pc but i was wondering if i get say, a new nvidia card will it automatically override the nvidia onboard chip or do i have to fiddle withe the bios?
im running:
amd athlon xp 2600+ (2.13ghz)
2gb DDR ram
Asus A7N8X-LA motherboard

any help would be great....
also im happy to spend around 300$ (australian) on a new graphics card if anyone wants to suggest a particular model!

thanks,
pete Mcpete

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Neon (MS-6577 v3.1) motherboard i want to know if i can attach a new graphics card to it. Something like a Radeon 9800 and also i would like to know if my motherboard's is any good or should i buy another.

Link to description of my Mother board

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00100539

Windows XP
Intel Celeron(R) 2.7 GHz
Ram 512
Graphics card: Radeon 9200 (PCI)
Motherboard: Neon (MS-6577 v3.1)

A:Motherboard/Graphics card

I will not get into the merits of each motherboard, but the one in your reference has an AGP slot that would take the graphics card - but you mention a PCI card in your sig?

An AGP card would be MUCH faster than a PCI card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-graphics-card.298159/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I have asus p5q for now and 2X320Gb sata drives in Raid 0. For example of my motherboard failure , can i then use this raid array on another motherboard and pc.

Can I even use this raid on the same model motherboard.If so will this motherboard recognise drives automaticaly or i still need to create raid using on-board-raid-controler software that i used to make raid first.

A:Does Raid Works When I Change Motherboard

Same motherboard should be no problem.

Equal (same chipset) motherboard, might work.

Different chipset motherboard, likely a redo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-raid-works-when-i-change-motherboard.114988/
Relevancy 44.72%

How can i get my Windows xp to boot with my new motherboard? I know that the drivers that are currently installed on the hard drive are different but my old mobo died and i don't want to risk loosing my programs installed. So my main question is how can i get it to boot without formatting/reinstalling windows xp? 

A:Windows XP issues after Motherboard change

What is the error message? Is a BSOD with code 0x7B?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566671/windows-xp-issues-after-motherboard-change/
Relevancy 44.72%

right changed my motherboard and thats all, plugged everything in where its meant to go... turned on pc
something about boot device changed came up, i pressed f1 to continue, came up with password screen and my background.

nothing else popped up after logging in other than something asking my to activate windows :S

its already bloody active!

what does this mean, have i lost all my old documents etc.from my HDD? or what? help

if i re-build my old set-up will my HDD still be okay?

thanks alot

A:windows activation after motherboard change

If you change a hardware device you will have to re-activate your Windows installation. Call Microsoft & explain the situation. They'll see if it's legit & give you a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-activation-after-motherboard-change.38953/
Relevancy 44.72%

I had a motherboard that messed up on me. would not give any output at all. so i put in a new motherboard, put in new ram that was compatable, and put in a new pentium 4 dual core. the computer now runs through the start up process and everything it is supposed to. however when it hits the windows start up screen it just reboots the computer. i reinstalled windows xp but it still has the same problem. does anyone know what the problem could be? please help thank you

A:XP wont boot after motherboard ram and cpu change

For a quick solution..try this. Tap F8 on boot, then boot "last know good configuration". See what happens. If that doesn't work wait for someone else to respond. If it does work, make sure you install the new mobo driver.s

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-wont-boot-after-motherboard-ram-and-cpu-change.85726/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, i have ideapad z500 with gt 740m gpu. My gpu is break down. I want to change gpu but it isnt change because it is onboard. I have yo change my motherboard. The question is can i change my motherboard which includes higher gpu? Is there a compatible motherboard for z500? Sorry for my English

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-z500-motherboard-change/td-p/3332140
Relevancy 44.72%

I have just put in a new motherboard and processor and now my Windows 10 states that it is no longer active. I have tried the trouble shooter and it errors out.

A:Had to change out Motherboard and not windows will not activate

I had a similar problem and what I had to do was contact. The PC manufacturer and get the installation disk for Windows sent to me, it was about $29. HP has one for every serial number that they have sold. I imagine the other manufacturers do as well.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434809-had-change-out-motherboard-not-windows-will-not-activate.html
Relevancy 44.72%

On a Win XP machine you could delete the registry keys under HKLM\Enum as the last step before removing the MB and when the new MB was installed the Plug & Play would install the your hardware drivers and properly configure the new MB.

Is there a similar process that will work with Win 7? There is no HKLM\Enum key in Win 7 registry. There is a HKLM\System\Control Set 001\Enum.

A:registry change before changing motherboard?

Method #1 here,

Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/171057-registry-change-before-changing-motherboard.html
Relevancy 44.72%

If I reinstall windows after I replace a motherboard will It let me register windows again since it is already registered?

Relevancy 44.72%

I am looking to upgrade my motherboard, but keep my current hard drive and the content on it (due to having alot of programs and software plugins on it). I am running Windows 7 32 bit with and AMD Phenom II x2 CPU. My current motherboard is one I went to when my compaq desktop died a while ago and I wanted to upgrade my operating system and hard drive capacity anyway. So, the first link below is the motherboard I have and the second link is the motherboard I am looking at upgrading to (since the two are somewhat comparable in specs/give or take a few things). Any suggestions or help is welcome. Thanks!

1) My current motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135246

2) Motherboard I am looking to purchase
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128394

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I came into possession of a quite powerful, but last-gen, PC that came installed with Windows XP Pro OEM. Now at the moment I can't afford to upgrade all the internal parts so I chucked in a new graphics card to help it along and I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro. My question is, in the future when I can afford proper upgrades will I be able to change the motherboard? I know that with XP OEM that was not allowed, but now it's been upgraded to Windows 8 is it allowed or is it still forbidden?

A:Upgraded to Windows 8, can I change the motherboard?

Hello Spinner, and welcome to Eight Forums.

A Windows 8 Pro upgrade copy uses a retail key, so yes you will be able to install it on any computer/motherboard you like so long as it's uninstalled from any others first.

Clean Install with Windows 8 Upgrade

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/20297-upgraded-windows-8-can-i-change-motherboard.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Guys need some help here My motherboard died on me and so I had to change it together with the processor and RAM motherboard Win reinstall 7 not start will change after or as there were no socket motherboards available locally However Win blue screens every time on start up but very briefly so I can't see the error message Win repair then kicks in but finds nothing wrong so Win 7 will not start or reinstall after motherboard change it goes round and round like that ad infinitum All the repair methods I have found require that you work within windows which is patently stupid if you want to repair because you can't get windows to work - it's a bit like trying to open a box with a tool that's inside it I tried a new install which has backed up my old Windows as Windows old and it goes though all the paces but then refuses to accept the activation code I am now stuck with a non functioning PC and am scared to add anything in the future in case of this type of thing What can I do to recover the old Windows installation Les

A:Win 7 will not start or reinstall after motherboard change

Hello Les, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Is activation your only issue at this point?

It's not activating since you changed the motherboard, CPU, and RAM. It thinks you have installed it on a new computer with it still installed and activated on the old computer (motherboard etc...).

If you have a retail copy of Windows 7, then you should be able to do a phone activation, wait for the operator (if need be), and let them know that you changed out the motherboard, CPU, and RAM.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185992-win-7-will-not-start-reinstall-after-motherboard-change.html
Relevancy 44.72%

trying to get past the bios password so far i have tried the steps above with no success . Thank You for you previous help and future help if you can.

A:had to change motherboard and the replacement has a password...

Hi, The machine has a InsydeH20 bios, so at the password screen, hit enter 3 times and you should receive a 'halt code' - post back with this code. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/had-to-change-motherboard-and-the-replacement-has-a-password/td-p/5650910
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all I have been using W pro retail after change motherboard Performance issues on an asus p deluxe motherboard Performance issues after motherboard change for some time recently I have had video outages which I eventually narrowed down to a psu failure the board would startup drives and fans spinning but no post or video - as if the entire back panel was knoced out In the interim I have a motherboard with integrated gpu - a gigabyte g m-es h It did the same syptoms as described above which told me it was a psu not a gpu issue which I first thought To eliminate any doubt I also re-installed W afrer easy transfer all the users I only have the Performance issues after motherboard change base system and MS office installed now until I clear up some of these niggles I have the following issues Upon booting W seems to spend a long time looking for the network connection wheras on my old board it never used to anything up to a minute and while its doing this it Performance issues after motherboard change takes over the machine so nothing else will work Screen flicker and poor display performance from one of the user accounts I have three user accounts admin admin myself and my partner regular the screen is a samsung syncmaster B with optimal resolution set to x On the admin and myself account I can have the screen set to x with no problems however on partner account I get issues with flickering and loss of resolution I've tried to update the drivers from the intel website but this has not solved anything making me think that it is something in the user profile which is upsetting matters When we set the display to x it's fine and behaves ok Windows update at times refuses to update it's all up to date now but it threw up some interesting error messages If you could shed some light on these strange occurences that would be very helpful Gigabyte G M-es H onboard graphics with Intel GMA controller Intel Q cpu WD black gb drive WD green gb drive backups music et al Windows Professional Retail Samsung syncmaster B monitor quot native resolution x

A:Performance issues after motherboard change

For a start why are you using an RC Build, 7100, its well out of date.
It should be Version 6.1 (7600)

Look at my specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/119410-performance-issues-after-motherboard-change.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have had a motherboard blow on one of XP change to reinstalling motherboard a without Any utilities allow our business systems I have changed it out with another totally different model and as a result have had to install a different graphics card non-integrated to integrated both had intel chipsets totally different ones Are there any freeware utilities or methods to change out the chipset and graphics drivers under windows XP to more generic ones so I don t have to go through hours of reinstallations along with all the required re-verfication of the software that results after a fresh install Some of the companies I had software through are bankrupt so I am uncertain how that will work anyway Obviously I can t just boot up system reboots right after the AGP driver is loaded safe mode and VGA modes don t work I have seen some mention of utilites for this purpose but would Any utilities to allow a motherboard change without reinstalling XP really like to know if there are any low cost or freeware solutions to change out the boot list in windows XP Thank You Ryan nbsp

A:Any utilities to allow a motherboard change without reinstalling XP

Don't know of any utilities, but you should be able to do a repair install of Windows. This shouldn't affect any installed programs or data, but always a good idea to have it all backed up just in case.

Replace Motherboard on a Windows XP System

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-utilities-to-allow-a-motherboard-change-without-reinstalling-xp.823439/
Relevancy 44.72%

Being that CPU are getting faster by the pico second what do you see the future will bring to the present motherboard architecture?
Do you see a totally new design or types of motherboards?
Do you see using different materials for electrical tracing?
Do you think we have maxed out the present motherboards speed?
Do you see home computers in closets & wireless remotes all over your house?

These are just a few burning questions I have...
What are your thoughts about what will happen in the next 5 or more years?

Iggy in the cool part of Arizona....

A:Computer motherboard Architecture change

Quote:
Do you see a totally new design or types of motherboards?
Do you see using different materials for electrical tracing?
Do you think we have maxed out the present motherboards speed?
Do you see home computers in closets & wireless remotes all over your house?

I think the ATX standard will be around for some time so I don't see new design or types of motherboards. But I do see where many of today's PC users will get rid of their computer and move solely to their smart phones.

Different materials? No. Tracings? Fiber is already being tested so maybe some boards may go light for the buses.

Maxed out speeds? No.

Computers in closets? Already there. Many new homes come pre-wired and use a server for streaming music, video, and data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/52495-computer-motherboard-architecture-change.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Dell 8300 with a ddr motherboard, and purchased a ddr2 graphics card. Are these compatible?

A:Will a DDR 2 graphics card work on a DDR motherboard?

Yes, it will... but our Dell 8300 is not DDR, it is RAMBUS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-a-ddr-2-graphics-card-work-on-a-ddr-motherboard.140710/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an Asus P5N-D Motherboard and a GeForce GTX 260 Video Card, but when I connect my monitor i get no signal. Do i need to use a different video card until i set up the O/S and the driver for the GeForce GTX 260 Video Card.

A:Is my graphics card compatible with my motherboard?

Do you have this board? If so, then the card should run just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-graphics-card-compatible-with-my-motherboard.136065/
Relevancy 44.29%

I was looking at the Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 An for the life of me i cant figure out a good graphics card combination or solo for it, It has 1 PCIe X16 slot to fit the high end card then 1 PCIe X1 then two PCI slots. Its crossfire works as long as the cards are within the same chipset (so 6000 series e.g. 6570, 6670) Has anyone used or have any idea about the best way to use this motherboard? It can support an incredible CPU and A very large portion of RAM but i need to know what kind of GPU (or GPU's) i can place in it before i am willing to set myself to buy it.

Any and all help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Relevancy 44.29%

I'm currently looking at a computer, considering purchasing it.
It has an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 ATX AMD motherboard, and also, according to the builder, a Sapphire Radeon X1900XTX 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 video card.

Now, I've also been told that the Radeon video card couldn't work in the motherboard with an nVidia chipset.

So, I'd kind of like to know, can the aforementioned video card work with the aforementioned motherboard?

Relevancy 44.29%

Well i have recently been upgrading my computer, as this is my first time doing so, im not buying complete top of the range stuff yet. I have ran into a little problem whilst installing the graphics card.

My motherboard is and ECS K8M890M-M and the graphics card im trying to put in it is an Asus 8800GT 512MB GDDR3 now when i put it in and plug it all in, the fan on the graphics card works but the motherboard cant seem to detect the card. As this is my first time trying to build a computer i am completely lost as where to go now.

Could someone let me know if they can find out wether they are even compatible, i thought they where but i have very little knowledge about this stuff.

A:Graphics card / Motherboard Problem

Prolly need to plug a power jumper into the back of vid card. If you don't have a power supply with the correct connection you may need to get a molex to 6 pin jumper. Newegg.com has them for like 3 bucks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-motherboard-problem.98006/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

Am about to look into purchasing a new desktop PC.
No gaming; just normal Sr. Citizen stuff; internet, playing with photos of Grandkid, etc.

Seem like most of the ones in my price range of $ 700 or less come with what is apparently
integrated on the motherboard graphics. No separate graphic card.

About a year ago my graphics card fan on my HP Desktop conked out, but I was able to replace it very easily with a cheap $40 one. Worked just fine again.

If it was all on the Motherboard, I guess I would have had to scrap the whole PC ?

Am I missing anything, and what are your thoughts regarding a new Desktop PC
with "integrated graphics" ?

Thanks, as always,
Bob

A:Integrated Graphics On The Motherboard Question

The graphics chip is now combined with the cpu, they are very good, but a good video card will always be better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384911-integrated-graphics-motherboard-question.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Gigabyte Technology GA-8IPE1000 AGP 8X / DUEL CHANNEL DDR
INTEL 865PE CHIPSET Motherboard and a 2.40 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 Processor.
I need a new graphics card that can run the Oblivion game. What would be the best graphics card for my motherboard? Any advice and comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

A:Motherboard / Graphics Card Compatibility

Inertia22 said:

I have a Gigabyte Technology GA-8IPE1000 AGP 8X / DUEL CHANNEL DDR
INTEL 865PE CHIPSET Motherboard and a 2.40 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 Processor.
I need a new graphics card that can run the Oblivion game. What would be the best graphics card for my motherboard? Any advice and comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!Click to expand...

check the games website. it should tell you min performance specs for the computer/card to run the game.

it sounds like you're using onboard video and it depends if you have an agp and or pci slots as to what will be available.

a lot of computers with ob video/sound don't have a lot of options for upgrades.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-graphics-card-compatibility.456002/
Relevancy 44.29%

Have just got GTA and find my PC slows down a lot so I thought I would upgrade my graphics card Sounded easy currently got GA- EX m b m/b card. ram ram motherboard? and into DDR you a SD Upgrading put Can graphics athlon Ghz geforce mx Was about to buy a geforce ti but thanks to this board I think it was Arris I have found my m b will only support up to a geforce mx So it looks like a new m b as well Question is can I take my Mb of SD ram and slip it into a motherboard that supports DDR ram Also a lot of the m boards Can you put SD ram into a DDR ram motherboard? Upgrading m/b and graphics card. I have looked at seem to have onboard graphics and sound If I am going to Can you put SD ram into a DDR ram motherboard? Upgrading m/b and graphics card. be putting in a new graphics card and my old soundblaster live value do I need the onboard stuff is it not adding to the cost of my m b Can anyone recommend a good card for gaming which is not expensive as a geforce is already going to cost me about Thanks in advance Jester nbsp

A:Can you put SD ram into a DDR ram motherboard? Upgrading m/b and graphics card.

Thanks Rick

I am going to go for the Asus A7A266-E, it supports 3 sd slots and 2 ddr slots. Your right I have 2*256 chips and a 128Mb chip. Add to that an Inno3d geforce 3 Ti500 64Mb DDR graphic card for a grand total of £190.

My next lame question is, how easy will it be to remove my CPU from old motherboard and install in my new one?

Thanks

Chris

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-you-put-sd-ram-into-a-ddr-ram-motherboard-upgrading-m-b-and-graphics-card.1790/
Relevancy 44.29%

Basically I keep getting Ialmrnt5 display driver errors, even after reinstalling drivers and such, whenever I play WoW.

Thing is, I've had this PC for years and I've been playing Warcraft for about 9 months and never had this problem.

Either way I know I need a new graphics card, the only problem is that my PC was a ****ty one bought from PC world that has an integrated sound & graphics card.

Is there anyway of getting a new video/graphics card without buying a new motherboard/processor?

Also, if I do need to buy a new Motherboard, can you recommend me a decent but affordable one that I can upgrade with better VIdeo cards in the future (yeah, I know, I suck when it comes to computer hardware)

A:Graphics card/motherboard advice/help.

That all depends on what your motherboard is and what it supports in the way of graphics cards!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-motherboard-advice-help.67996/
Relevancy 44.29%

I was planning on buying one of he amd fm1 socket processors for my comp due to the fact im lazy and I don't think a new motherboard will fit in my tiny store bought computer case. Was wondering if it was dumb if I just chose to upgrade my cpu to that because I already have a non integrated gpu installed and I just dont wanna be wasting money.

A:Will a CPU with integrated graphics work with my motherboard?

A CPU with integrated graphics won't work unless it is installed on a motherboard that supports it. The motherboard has to be specifically configured for it, so in your case, I doubt that it is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-a-cpu-with-integrated-graphics-work-with-my-motherboard.188102/
Relevancy 44.29%

Few days ago I upgraded my old system with a Motherboard CPU and x GB card Motherboard but working Graphics New not Corsair RAM everything is working fine except the computer doesn t seem to recognize my graphics card so it s forced to use the M B integrated one which is a nVidia New Motherboard but Graphics card not working GeForce nVidia nForce a When I New Motherboard but Graphics card not working first booted the computer my VGA cable was in my graphics card even though my monitor said no signal I had no choice but to put the VGA cable into the M B just to set up BIOS and get everything running New Motherboard but Graphics card not working I ve made sure all hardware was installed properly and is seated correctly but it just doesn t work Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated Old System Motherboard Intel GC Express x PCI-Express x GB sec transfer Intel Pentium GHz Dual-Core O S Windows Vista -bit Home Basic Memory Dual Channel DDR MHz GB DDR x GB Kingston and Rambo HDD Western Digital GB M N WD AAJS- L A P S ISO W M N ISO-P LPP Graphics Card GeForce GT M N N GT- DZ- - New System Motherboard ASUS M N T-M V http www techbuy com au p MOTHERBOARD AMD SOCKET AM ASUS M N T-M V asp CPU AMD Phenom II GHz Dual-Core O S Windows Vista -bit Home Basic RAM Corsair GB x GB HDD Western Digital GB M N WD AAJS- L A P S ISO W M N ISO-P LPP Graphics Card GeForce GT M N N GT- DZ- - nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Hey everyone bit of a stupid question here but anyway My graphics card is a NVIDIA gt here are its specs Core clock MHz Memory clock MHz MHz data rate Memory interface -bit Total available graphics MB Dedicated video memory MB DDR System video memory MB Shared system video MB Bus AGP x I was wondering what would be the best hardware I could use along with card to get all of its power I m not saying this because I m a cheap-skate who doesn t want to buy a new PCI express card its Graphics Help Solved: Card/Motherboard just this Solved: Graphics Card/Motherboard Help card is plenty Solved: Graphics Card/Motherboard Help good enough for my needs the most I ever want it to do is run Dawn of War at medium to high settings So what would be the best motherboard chipset power supply unit ect to run this card be I know its a POS AGP card but as I said its all I want I m not a hardcore gamer just a regular guy who likes to play the odd computer game at reasonable quailty Any help on this would be greatly appreciated and please no answers like quot just get a new computer agp is years outdated quot I m well aware of this fact but unlike a lot of people who use this site I m not a hardcore gamer looking for max performance and picture quality If you need me to provide any other specs please ask Thanks Robert nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

Am about to look into purchasing a new desktop PC.
No gaming; just normal Sr. Citizen stuff; internet, playing with photos of Grandkid, etc.

Seem like most of the ones in my price range of $ 700 or less come with what is apparently
integrated on the motherboard graphics. No separate graphic card.

About a year ago my graphics card fan on my HP Desktop conked out, but I was able to replace it very easily with a cheap $40 one. Worked just fine again.

If it was all on the Motherboard, I guess I would have had to scrap the whole PC ?

Am I missing anything, and what are your thoughts regarding a new Desktop PC
with "integrated graphics" ?

Thanks, as always,
Bob

A:Integrated Graphics On The Motherboard Question

The graphics chip is now combined with the cpu, they are very good, but a good video card will always be better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/384911-integrated-graphics-motherboard-question.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I am trying to get a home built PC up and running It has the following specs - ECS KV Lite Motherboard - AMD Athlon CPU - GB SATA hard Drive - GB DDR PC Motherboard PSU, or problem card Graphics RAM - MB ATI X AGP Graphics Card I know the SATA drive PSU, Motherboard or Graphics card problem graphics card and RAM work perfectly as I am using it in my current set up Socket AMD Athlon When I put everything together using the socket board and the CPU then it PSU, Motherboard or Graphics card problem all goes Pete Tong basically it sounds like it is booting up - fans work etc but I get no picture on the screen it is completely blank and the monitor comes up with a quot no signal quot message I was thinking that it is possibly the PSU I have three altogether I only have a w PSU in the machine I m currently using It is a micro ATX case When I try using my current setup in my other standard ATX case with either the w or w PSU it doesn t work Put it all back in the micro ATX case with the w PSU and everything works I can t use the Micro ATX case with the mobo as the mobo is too big I tried taking the w PSU out of the micro ATX case and putting it in the standard ATX case with the amp setup and nothing worked at all no CPU fan or lights came on Just the PSU fan was turning possiby not enough power to start it Before I splash out on a new PSU any ideas of what my problem could be I don t believe the motherboard to be faulty I was thinking graphics card but it works in this PC although I did have problems to begin with getting black screen and quot mode not supported quot message Resolved this by downloading new drivers and fiddling with the bios The motherboard doesn t have onboard graphics like my board which is shame incase I need to fiddle with the BIOS again to get it to work Both the w and w PSUs showed no signs of failure when I used them previously no bangs or burning smells like I thought you were supposed to get when one failed I ve hit a blank wall in trying to think through what the problem could be and my only idea left is to get another PSU Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:PSU, Motherboard or Graphics card problem

read the "NO post" guide in the guides forum.
ensure your case can fit a PSU of adequate size. Do not try to use an underpowered PSU on a new system - you can fry stuff.
The PSU is perhaps one of the most important components in a new system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-motherboard-or-graphics-card-problem.78629/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello As you can see by my post count I m new to the TS forums I ve been reading the forums a lot but never considered joining until today Now if you must know I get down to business quickly And uh my english isn t top notch but I guess it s okay enough to be understood I live in china so you understand right days ago I booted up my pc and got to the loading screen of windows and after it was loaded and got everything packed and loaded my screen went blank and didn t get any signals I ve read the other posts from people with this problem too and I didn t really get any help I ve also googled about a hundred websites and didn t find anything that helped My rigs Pentium Processor GHz Windows Vista Business Edition GB DDR RAM Winfast PX GT TDH Extreme Direct X Princeton Monitor compatibility Motherboard/Graphics Card quot Motherboard/Graphics Card compatibility Intel G GL PV mobo I guess these are the only things that can affect display right So I ve run some tests I ve noticed that during the periods where the graphics drivers aren t loaded yet that the graphic card works fine Meaning during the system startup and the logo screen everything s okay Also the graphic card works in safemode too simply because the driver s not implemented If I uninstall the driver completely the card can get through the logo screen but everything s lags and I can t really get anything done So I took my card for fixing and the people at the store said there was nothing externally or internally wrong with the card and maybe just something wrong with the mobo or driver Btw if there s something internally wrong with a graphics card there would be no signal sent to the monitor and if there s something externally wrong then there s automatically something internally wrong So yeah nothing wrong with the graphics card I ve downloaded about different kinds of drivers all from different sites and I ve virus scanned with the latest Ad-Aware SE and found no viruses The only option I m left with is that the graphics card and the mobo have a conflict somewhere The onboard card is already disabled and has been for about months I seems strange that this should happen now Solutions I ve tried so far Dusting Reinstalling Drivers Reinstalling OS Re-Plugging card Updating mobo Mobo Monitor Nothing works I only have this one graphics card and the onboard graphics card is okay too My last solution is Is there anything way to get this graphics card to mix in with my mobo I don t have enough money to get a new mobo graphics card and just enough to fix it which is already at least dollars Mind you I live in China Thank you for your time in reading this and I hope to get an answer sometime soon -Name too stupid for these forums nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-graphics-card-compatibility.68986/