Windows Support Forum

Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

Q: Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

24x7 - Low Power Consumption ? Internet Download Machine

I want to build a System that has LOW POWER Consumption.

Use:

Mostly Downloading Stuffs , Might Host Own Cloud too , Email Clients , IRC Clients , Other Internet Connected Apps

I was thinking of a Kabini System

Athlon 5350 (25 W TDP) & Some AM1 Mother Board

http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopAPUDetail.aspx?id=105

Again I was thinking about the Intel G3258 Anniversary edition processor (But it has Much Larger TDP)

It should be A Windows 7 Machine . Not Linux or other what nots !

But I am Here for some Advice. I already told you my requirements.

Advise me - What should I do ?
I only want to buy

Processor + Motherboard + RAM

&

SMPS (PSU) + HDD

I have the rest

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

Hmm; Why is power consumption a hi priority issue - - are you running off a solar powered system or portable generator?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-24x7-low-power-consumption-internet-connected-pc.205627/
Relevancy 20.21%

Power outage due to storm. Came back on without pictures and documents. It's an HP desktop. Would a file recovery program work? I've tried some of the instructions online, but they don't work.

A:Lost pictures on Windows 7 from power outage

Oh mary; I feel your pain. Were the pics within one folder and now they're ALL missing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-pictures-on-windows-7-from-power-outage.217351/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a HP Pavilion laptop that was able to connect via wifi, or ethernet, just fine until I recently upgraded it to Windows 10. The problem did not start right away, but could be associated with my security software (bitdefender). The laptop does recognize the router, but when I look into the settings I see that there is no connectivity in the IPv4 or IPv6.

Please let me know if additional info is needed to further diagnose this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-connection-on-laptop.217570/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello, I'll try to be as clear as I can.

I have my computer hooked up to my router with an Ethernet cable. About an hour ago the Limited sign popped up. With the cable connected it says Limited, but I can freely use the internet. When I take the cable out, under connections it still only says "Ethernet Limited" and I can't use the internet. I'm not sure about any specs to my comp. All I know Is I'm using windows 8 and it's from Toshiba. I know it's not much to go on, but I'm losing my mind and any help would be wonderful. Thank you.

This picture is how it looks when the cable is, and isn't, plugged in.

A:Limited Access with Ethernet, even when not connected

With the cable pulled out, the picture is correct (for a wired Lan Connection).
When it is attached AND you have access to the Internet, it should not be limited.
SO, get a command prompt ( start->run and enter CMD ) and enter

IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt
then NOTEPAD myTCP.txt
copy the contents and PASTE that as your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-access-with-ethernet-even-when-not-connected.217393/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello,

My laptop wont power on at all.
No charge light.
No light when power is pressed.

Was working fine yesterday.
Have tried battery and charger from identical working laptop to no avail.

Any ideas? I can usually fix laptops etc but if it wont power on at all I'm lost.

A:Dell Latitude E6520 won't power up (no lights at all)

Did you try removing the battery and AC adapter and holding down the power button for 30 seconds. Then re-installing the battery and try booting again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6520-wont-power-up-no-lights-at-all.196334/
Relevancy 14.62%

I've been having this problem for only the last week or so where my internet will stop working until I restart my computer, even though it says I am connected and internet is available.

The problem is not with my modem or my router. The internet works fine on every other computer.
I've run multiple antivirus scans on multiple programs. Clean.
Drivers are up to date.

Sometimes it disconnects after five minutes, sometimes forty, sometimes hours.
I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

A:Internet disconnects and won't reconnect until restart

What is this computers make and model? How does it connect to the Internet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects-and-wont-reconnect-until-restart.200385/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello I am new to building the pcs so I am afraid I may have fried mine I really am pry I did not but this is what happened I finish tower Power will not work button My the pc and My tower Power button will not work when I turned on the power supply the power button on the motherboard glowed so then I pressed my tower button and nothing worked so then I re setup he F PANEL cords u know the pwr switch and all that jazz turns out it was set up wrong so I put them in right and tried to turn on the computer again the power button on the motherboard turns on but not my towers power button and so my pc will not officially turn on I am guessing and I am worried that I may have fryed my pc because when I took out the f panlle cords I realized my pc was still on and turned it off immanently and I am afraid that may have fryed the motherboard if anyone can help me it would be wonderful I am freaking out and have no Idea what the problem thank you for reading P S My tower button does not making a clicking sound when you push it I am not sure if that normal or it is broken or somthing it just doesnt make any click sounds nbsp

A:My tower Power button will not work

You could have a defective power switch on the PC case. Test this by using the reset switch as a temporary power switch. The power switch and the reset switch are the same for practical purposes except, of course, the size of the button (on most cases). If the reset switch works and is able to start the PC, then you know the power switch is defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-tower-power-button-will-not-work.203422/
Relevancy 14.62%

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

A:My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading 127.0.0.1 LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-wireless-and-ethernet-are-working.195158/
Relevancy 14.62%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have an older eMachines Desktop PC model EL1360G which has a 200 watt power supply.
I would like to upgrade it to at least a 400 watt power supply.
Does anyone have a suggestion as to where or what I should buy? I watched a few videos on youtube on how to do the replacement but how do I know all the plugs on the new unit are the same and will fit? Because if they don't, I'll be more confused than I already am.

A:Emachines power supply upgrade

Check and make sure all the connectors are the same as the ones you have

I'm not certain if the image above is what you have but I'm thinking it is.

Image above looks to have:

1x 20pin+4pin (ATX Power)

1x 4pin (P4)

2x SATA power
Does your power supply have these and only these?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-power-supply-upgrade.216503/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello friends first time long time And essentially I have a dreaded problem with my quot smart TV quot I have one of the Samsung Led Tv to TV not internet router LED connects but s but an older model like a series or The T V has been working fine for the year and a half I ve had it The software updated itself multiple times and nothing ever happened However last night I had to move furniture around and left my modem and my wireless router disconnected for a good or hrs This action apparently LED TV connects to router but not internet reset my wireless router I reset the network and essentially created a new one I connected an XBOXONE laptops tablet and phones and a wireless printer to the network and they all work fine But for some reason the LED does not want to connect to the internet At first it was the apps that didn t connect and essentially the entire machine could not do anything related to the internet So I went online and tried all kinds of tricks which included doing a factory reset but that didn t work Also I tried to manually plug those google DNS numbers of and and no cigar I tried a few cycles where I unplugged the T V and the router and modem for a few minutes and nothing I called my ISP Time Warner Cable who said the problem was with Samsung I contacted Samsung and got no response I contacted the manufacturer of the wireless router Medialink who told me to change the encryption and the WPS settings I played around with the WPA AND WPA and the WPA AND WPA AND THE AES AND THE TKIP AND BOTH AT THE SAME TIME And absolutely nothing works the crooked thing still wont connect to the internet I have read somewhere that for people with comcast routers they needed to get rid of parental settings but my router doesn t have that I tried to disable WPS and that made it worse So I put everything back the way it was I don t know if the issue has anything to do with static vs Dynamic Ips or what I wonder if anyone can give me another tip I may have skipped over Could it be the internal network adapter is damaged all of a sudden and from pure coincidence independent of the reset Is there a way to set all of these things manually I have attached pictures of the whole process so you can see what I mean I can t figure out how to link so http postimg org gallery c tjth i aa nbsp

A:LED TV connects to router but not internet

That's a great set of pictures to illustrate the issue. As yet I've not bought a smart TV and your post has made me less likely to buy one. In your situation I'd try another factory reset for the TV and then set it up with a cable connection to the router. Assuming that goes well revisit wi-fi concentrating on the router settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/led-tv-connects-to-router-but-not-internet.209188/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi Guys! I hope you have the time to see this post and give me some suggestions on Upgrading my PC.

Bought all of these parts last June 9, 2014.
This is my Rig

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 (Service Pack 1)
ECS Elite Group Deluxe H87 H3-M 1150
i5 - 4570 CPU @ 3.20 GHZ
HyperX Fury 8gb 1600mhz
PSU 600WATS Cougar
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 Twin Frozr 256mb 2GB GDDR5
BenQ 22" LED 1920x1080
HDD 1TB for Storage
500GB split this into half Disk C: has 250 where I install my OS at and Local Disk D: where I put my games/saved games.
PC Case: Ostrog Enermax

I mainly created this Rig for gaming.

I'm planning to buy an SSD soon, any tips? Already read the most budget SSD is the Crucial m4 ssd 128gb
Also thinking of upgrading my Motherboard. Also, if ever I'm changing my MOBO, do you guys think I need to change my PSU as well?

Thoughts/Opinions/Suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

A:Upgrading my PC. Need Suggestions

There is no gain using an SSD for storage. I would buy an SSD to transfer the system and applications to. Format the existing drive for a storage drive. That will give you the full benefit of the speed that an SSD will give you. Try some PC trans software. They do the job well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-pc-need-suggestions.216438/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi there my wireless through cable work will not My only ethernet internet internet was My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless running fine until yesterday when I tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up I followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us w -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me I then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work I then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless I ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pre erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

There may be an issue on the ISP side or router side since restoring to defaults didnt help. Or it could be an issue with the network adapter. Or it could be an issue with the firewall.

Try downloading running these tools (download via ethernet, run on wireless): Network Fix-It Tool (right click on the internet bars on the task bar in the bottom right hand side of the screen, and click "troubleshoot network...") and Firewall Fix-It Tool.

Did you install anything on your PC before this happened? Did Windows install any updates?

Try disabling your AntiVirus. That may be the issue. I doubt it though.

Tell me if any of these solutions help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.197067/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi guys, new here...I'm setting up a new pc, sooo a few questions here.
I'm planning on getting an Asus A88XM-plus motheboard, Amd X4 860K cpu and Sapphire R9 280 3GB video card...so how much power supply would be enough...450-500W?..would 650 be an overkill? Is all of this fully compatible?
Do I need a sound card, modem or special cooling or something? ( I already have 2*8gb Ram sticks and HDD, don't really need DVD drive).
I'm also thinking in between Antec 902 V3 case and a lot cheaper LC Power Gaming 975b Air wing Midi...how much quality difference is there in between these two?
Also, how much improvement is there in between this card and my current one, sapphire r7 265 2gb?
Are there anything that you would exchange for something else...I'm on a tight budget, but I don't mind spending a few extra bucks if it be worth in the long run.
Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-power-supply-is-needed-here.214794/
Relevancy 22.79%

Corsair is well known for its PC components spanning a range of categories -- from memory to cases, power supplies, cooling and more. But this year it's trying something new with Bulldog, a barebones, console-like Mini-ITX box that's designed for...

Read more

A:Corsair goes for the living room with Bulldog PC kit, supports liquid cooling and high-end hardware

The case looks downright awful too me. I wouldn't have that thing displayed in my lounge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-goes-for-the-living-room-with-bulldog-pc-kit-supports-liquid-cooling-and-high-end-hardware.213594/
Relevancy 20.21%

Microsoft showed off a whole range of new PCs and devices running Windows 10 at Computex 2015, but one that really caught the eye is the Quanta Compute Plug, an entire PC integrated into a power plug the size of...

Read more

A:Microsoft shows off PC integrated into power plug

They may be handy to a lot and even have very reasonable prices but I can't imagine myself ever wanting any of these.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-shows-off-pc-integrated-into-power-plug.213681/
Relevancy 28.81%

Evening, all

I bought an interesting little Single Board Computer as an mITX motherboard (a WADE-8020, more info at the link below):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portwell-...766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9b75151e

I have another similar board in an old Hoojum Cubit 3 case, and was wondering if anyone might have any other suggestions for a similarly eye-catching case, probably ready-made, though I'm not averse to either buying a DIYed case, or maybe trying to make one myself (I have a Dremel but not much else, and that includes skill )

Cheers, Jon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-suggestions-for-industrial-mitx-board.213745/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi, Guys (And Gals) I'm attempting my 1st PC build and HAVE used the various online power supply calculators... however I'd like to hear some feedback from you all. No matter where I look online I always like to come here to be sure. My specs for the build are as follows:

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-F2A68HM-H FM2+ USB 3.0 MATX
Amd A6 5400K 3600Mhz Blk Edt 1mb 65w Socket FM2

Video Card: XFX RADEON R7 240 2GB DDR3 LOW PROFILE
RAM: ADATA XPG V1 DDR3 1600 4GB

HDD: Seagate 1TB Serial ATA HD 7200/64MB/SATA-6G

I would really like to use one of the 350W or 400W power supply I stripped from my previous PC's. I'm thinking of hooking it to an HDMI or VGA projector eventually though (Haven't bought it yet) Can I get away with one of these and play a game like World of Warcraft? or do I need to order something like the
SolidGear 650W PS2 ATX Power Supply on Tiger Direct?

Thanks in advance for any advice & thoughts

A:1st Build Power Supply Question

Over engineer the PS;

Calculate the actual needed power,

add a fudge factor and

multiply by 1.5.
Then round up to the next commonly available size

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-build-power-supply-question.213326/
Relevancy 20.64%

Here's the situation. I have this old mITX computer I built a few years ago that I'd like to hook up to Dad's big-screen TV so he can Skype from his living-room. Problem is, the computer is VGA only and his TV is HDMI only. The MoBo has just one PCI (not PCIe) slot with a maximum output of 75watts.

I tried a PCI video card with HDMI output, but the slot couldn't drive the card. Didn't even detect it.

I believe DVI uses less power (the cards are definitely cheaper), and I could just use a simple DVI-to-HDMI cable. A native HDMI port would be better. As long as it works, I don't care. But w/o an external power input, the card can't draw more than 75watts from the PCI slot.

Anyone know of a card that fits this very specific bill? Thx.

ADDENDUM: PC only has a tiny 300watt PSU.

A:I need a PCI (not PCIe) DVI card (either <75w or w/power input)

Check this one out: Zotac GeForce GT 610
It is a PCI Card (non express) that has DVI / VGA / HDMI. It is also a Low Profile and requires a 300w power supply or higher. It looks like it should work with your situation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-a-pci-not-pcie-dvi-card-either-75w-or-w-power-input.212458/
Relevancy 15.05%

My windows 7 laptop can connect to the internet, but unable to browse.

I can ping www.yahoo.com with zero loss
when I type ipconfig I am seeing my IP address

I have 4 other computers connected to the internet at home here no issues, it is just this one computer.

I have tried multiple browsers. I have tried both wired and wireless I even copied a chrome installer exe from a usb drive to the computer and ran it. When I double clicked the exe it WAS able to download the chrome software and install it, so I am definitely connected to the internet. But if I try and open a website, chrome says ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED.

I.E. and firefox as well, no connection.

Thank you for your help in advance!

A:Can connect but can't browse internet

Update, I am able to browse in safe mode with network... but unable to in normal mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-but-cant-browse-internet.212468/
Relevancy 14.62%

Alright I ll make it short but informative I can t connect cable able internet Only via to ethernet to connect to the internet without an ethernet cable I have tried pressing the laptop s quot WiFi quot button but nothing has happened The light didn t even change I have tried Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable rebooting and going into BIOS to see Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable if there was on option there nothing I Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable have tried going into Device Manager and under quot Network Cards quot I got options I believe I had options though now I have only first I tried to deactivate it and the reactivate it but that just made it not work at all and when I got home and got my connection back I tried to update the drivers which is when I noticed I only had because I was at school when all showed up so I didn t have connection to update them but it just said that they were all up to date I have tried using the windows recovering tool to go back before the problem occurred Though I did get an error the first time due to my AVG being up so it couldn t complete but after that I tried doing it again with AVG off but the situation didn t change and I know the problem isn t with the router as the problem occurs with different WiFi s In the beginning it would only say quot can t connect to the internet quot over and over again but now it won t even show the available WiFi networks in the area Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

Any suggestions at all? if you require more information in order to come up with a solution, just tell me what you need an ill try my best to figure it out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/only-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.212310/
Relevancy 20.64%

I recently moved my computer from one side of my desk to the other and somehow it managed to make it so when I press the power button nothing happens. I've disassembled and reassembled the computer numerous times and tested the psu. The psu is working and it seems like the motherboard is the culprit. What is confusing me the most is that when I short the 24 pin connector to the motherboard then plug it in if I also press the power button I can turn on the computer. I dont see that as a permanent fix just in case it sleeps and I assume it is not good for the computer so I am looking for help on how to permanently fix my issue. Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-power-on-after-i-moved-it.212377/
Relevancy 14.19%

So basically how the title is.

My internet would drop out/freeze. Router doesn't indicate any change in service. I plug my laptop into the modem, and have prime speeds.

Restart the router. Works for awhile.
Reinstalled the firmware manually on the router.
Set the Channel off of "Auto" and put on various options of 9, 10, 11 to avoid clashes with other networks.

Freezes. Now the router indicates there's no connection. Drag the cord out of modem and test. Prime speeds.

Okay, screw this - I went and bought a new router yesterday because, sure, that Belkin one was 2-3 years old. Set it up with same channel settings, etc.
Same.
Freaking.
Thing.

I have a laptop that runs a VPN (for work) that uses it, plus multiple iphones (3) and ipads (2) an AppleTV and a Samsung smart TV.

Like, help me please here.

A:Internet Drops Out, Consistent Speed with Modem, New Router - no solution

OK, but lets solve on thing at a time 1) ignore the VPN at work and let's get the home router stabilized.
The mobile devices are difficult to diagnose, so 2) stick with the PC for now.

Standard questions:

did you update the ethernet & wifi drivers on the PC?
have you looked to ensure your new router has the latest firmware?
*if* you have a DSL connection to the ISP, do you have the line filters on EVERY device connected to the phone line EXCEPT the line to the modem? *MUST HAVE*
Got to get these right first.

THEN, find the MTU that's right for you AT HOME and set that into the new router:

get a command prompt
ping -l 1500 -f 8.8.8.8
as long as you see Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set., reduce the 1500 by 8 and iterate with the new number
:: record the MTU that works for your ISP at home
The router conf page is accessible using your browser and HTTP://your_router_address/
You need the router password
set the new MTU. Also set a new router password and save the settngs.

The wired connection should be solid at this point.

The wifi should also be better, as long as you avoid other stations with the same channel.
I assume you've see the post re inSSIDER for wifi setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-consistent-speed-with-modem-new-router-no-solution.212305/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello I need to connect power/reset buttons to dell optiplex 620, but I just can't connect them anywhere on motherboard.

I need help as fast as possible

Thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-optiplex-620-connect-power-reset-buttons.212270/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi!

I've got FSP Aurum Pro 1200W.
What UPS should I buy for that power supply if we assume that it has 100% workload?

A:UPS for 1200W power supply

See watts to KVA calc: http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/watt-to-kva-calculator.htm

issue: what is the power factor?
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_factor#Power_factor_correction_of_linear_loads

hint: PF ~ 0.75

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ups-for-1200w-power-supply.212134/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello So a description of the issue I ve had this about times now spread out over a couple of months The internet will just completely randomly without apparent trigger stop working completely When I check the router will still have an IP and the quot Internet quot light will still be flashing green indicating active internet connection on the front panel So far this has happened at completely random times - While playing a game LoL the internet just cut out and didn t come back for hours - I came back from a shower and the internet wasn t working anymore similar to other times - I was working on a school document not using any internet at the time Skype was running maybe Steam and it just cut out Et cetera The reason I don t think it s a disruption from the side of my ISP is that sometimes clicking quot Renew Lease quot in the router page seemed to fix it though sometimes it wouldn t work until I d refreshed it multiple times Also the internet light doesn t internet but connected, periodically cuts Router stays out go out on the router and Router stays connected, but internet cuts out periodically usually there isn t even any problem indicated in windows except from the internet just not working I e no yellow exclamation mark in the little internet icon Further information The router is a by this time quite old Netgear Wireless GR v and I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version Also my phone AND tablet will remain connected to the wireless network but without any usable internet connection I have double checked all the cables and connections everything seems to be in working order I live in an apartment building and we all share a big internet connection I have a cable coming in from a central modem so I don t have a specific connection that I can contact an ISP about which also means I have no modem to configure or help me Any advice would be greatly appreciated especially regarding whether or not it could be my router at fault and if a new one could fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Router stays connected, but internet cuts out periodically

This isn't my area of expertise by a long shot but I have had these issues as well with my cable set-up. Sometimes I needed simply to restart my router. I have found at other times I would have to reset the box the cable company installed in our cellar by powering it off for 10 seconds and then on again. Once in awhile I will have to do this to my modem.

Our biggest issue was the splitter. It went bad and since it was outside the house and Comcast's equipment they replaced it for free which restored everything to working order.

I would say though that it is probably time to replace the router. I had a good Linksys G for years but then it would constantly drop connections. I replaced it with my current Netgear and it has served my entire household well.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-stays-connected-but-internet-cuts-out-periodically.204922/
Relevancy 20.21%

HI, I was wondering if it is safe to use an atx psu on a motherboard with an eatx power connector. The motherboard has a 24-pin eatx and a 4-pin atx 12v connector. I bought the motherboard and started using an atx psu and everything seems to work ok then realized after it was an eatx power connector on the motherboard. Are there eatx psu's? Thanks

A:Safe to use ATX PSU on a motherboard with an EATX power connector?

EATX is a form factor (12"x13") not a power connector. I'm assuming you are talking about using a PSU with a 20 pin (old ATX) connector with a newer motherboard that has a 24 pin (current ATX) connector. If that is the case you will need to consult your motherboard's manual. Some 24 pin boards run fine with only 20 pins some don't. The issue is that each pin in only rated to carry a certain amount of current (Amps). If you overload one of these pins your risk burning or melting the ATX connector on either the PSU, Motherboard, or both.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safe-to-use-atx-psu-on-a-motherboard-with-an-eatx-power-connector.181034/
Relevancy 28.81%

Current specs
Intel db75en
Intel i5 3rd gen 3450
Gtx 970 amp extreme edition
Samsung evo 120
PSU corsair vs 650
Liquid cooler h50 corsair

Currently they are on LGA 1155 mobo

I just killed my old motherboard
And now I am planning to buy i7 4790k

There are three motherboards I have in mind and all of them are asus z97 series based. Want to buy only asus..
Z97 A
Z97 k
Z97 c

I want to know that whether I should upgrade and get 1150 mobo and new processor or not!

(I have no plans to put dual gtx 970 bt plan to use secondary gfx card (gtx560) as phyx dedicated card)
If yes then
1. Which mobo I should go for and why?
2. Will the old h50 will be fittable on my new board or not!

Any new advise also appreciated!
Thank You

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-liquid-cooler-suggestions.210943/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi,
I want to learn how to manage ARM processor power management with LINUX (for example the Cortex-A53 MP Core).
Can someone recommend literature, a tutorial or web based information?
Thank you in advance
Manfred

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/arm-processor-power-management-with-linux.210897/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 14.19%

Dear Experts

My Windows 7 laptop connected to internet via my mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 by tethering portable Wi-Fi hotspot.

I am a technician field and I need to connect my laptop via USB port to an Ericsson MiniLink (telecom NE) node to do configuration.

https://mazrilhisham.wordpress.com/2004/01/01/traffic-node/#jp-carousel-241

Whenever I connect the USB cable from the laptop to Ericsson my internet gets dropped, while this didn?t happen to my coworker who is using the same laptop brand as mine.
By the way the Ericsson software that I installed on my laptop create the attached socket called : "Ericsson USBLAN adapter" on my computer's network and that would be used for the USB communication

http://imgur.com/IRNyoIv

Any advice what should I do to avoid this problem
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop%E2%80%99s-internet-via-tethering-gets-dropped-when-connects-to-ericsson-minilink.210600/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, this is my first post on techspot, and I am kind of a newbie on building pc. I have never done it and been looking up everything I can. My needs are just basically normal computing but I want to be able to play new games (shadow of mordor). I dont do any video editing or anything. I have been reading that an i3 will be fine and I need a good gpu instead of overkill on a cpu. I also want a good mobo that has plenty of potential (something about more ports???). I just need to be steered in the right direction of what to get without blowing out the budget. I dont play too many games (and no fps and very few online). I just dont want to see a new game in 6 months that I want and dont have minimum sys requirements. Also I was very skeptical about getting an AMD cpu instead because they get so much hotter, but I know alot of people will recomend it. Sorry for being so longwinded.

A:Info/suggestions on build? i3?

Hi BraidedDuke5,
Have you thought of going down the used parts path as you seem to be wanting a machine "cheap" with an i3 instead of looking at what kind of job you really want it to do, unless you will only be playing games in a really low resolution (fps). E.g. the Intel NUC and the ASUS Vivo have Core i3 CPU and they are nothing like a gaming PC.
Here is a couple of pros for a Core i5, and they are;
"Intel Turbo Boost":- Which lets the processor increase its clockspeed whenever the workload on the CPU increases and none of the Core i3 CPUs have Turbo Boost.
"Cache":- The i3 (Ivy Bridge) processors have 3MB (except 4 Clarkdale processors which have 4MB) of cache all the Core i5s (except 4 Ivy Bridge processors which have 3MB and 6 Clarkedale which have 4MB), have 6MB of cache. The cache is like RAM for the processor but it is built into the processor chip. So this gives it (the CPU) access to the memory storage a lot quicker. Without a CPU memory cache and RAM the CPU would need to access the HDD which would be even slower.

Searched eBay.com.au for "i5 cpu" in "Computer components and parts" and had a myriad of choices.

You really need to decide on the CPU first then mobo and then components (small SSD for the O/S, graphics card and RAM) and lastly a PSU to power all your choices (you could even bung a cheap PSU in just to get the rig going, so long as you realise that it WILL fail down the line!)

Hope this helps

Edit:- Changed CPU listings to be accurate for world-wide purchasing as some markets did not get some CPU incarnations released as a new product (based entirely on the Ivy Bridge and Clarkdale Core i3 / i5)
Reference Intel 2105/03/22 from http://ark.intel.com/.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/info-suggestions-on-build-i3.210492/
Relevancy 20.64%

I was given a year old Corsair power supply XMPSU- TX-C I wanted to make sure it Questionable Power Corsair Supply s working right before plugging it to a motherboard So I did the paper clip power on trick and all the voltages were ok I proceeded to connect just one harddrive The harddrive spins up and then Corsair Power Supply Questionable makes a revving noise every second as if its powering down and back up repeatedly Also theres a green LED light on the harddrive that blinks normally its a solid on This doesn t happen every time I cycle the power supply however When the harddrive powers up properly the LED light is constantly on and rpm is constant I tried two other harddrive with the same outcome The problem is definitely intermittent I connected all three harddrives with the same results I tried the same setup with two other power supplies with no issues at all I am now sure the issue is specific with the Corsair power supply Is it because there s not enough load on all rails making the power supply unstable The AC current draw was only mA so it wasn t the overcurrent protection kicking in The V line was steady Corsair Power Supply Questionable but the V line fluctuated a few hundredths of a volt in unison Corsair Power Supply Questionable with the harddrive revving The V line was steady when the harddrive powers up normally I m hesitant to connect a full computer to this Anyone have an idea before I try to RMA the power supply Is this just a peculiarity of this model nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-power-supply-questionable.209459/
Relevancy 20.64%

I am looking to get a new graphics card for my computer because atm it has integrated graphics, which as most of you know sucks. The power supply is 250W which I doubt would be enough to have a whole new graphics card implemented. The model is p6166f. The mother board has this for a graphics card slot PCI express 16x GPU. Please give me suggestions, I am looking to spend approximately 150 - 200 $ total.

A:Looking for new Graphics card and Power supply

We need to know who made your system. How old is your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-new-graphics-card-and-power-supply.209241/
Relevancy 14.62%

I dont know how long its been going on but within a internet provider switch from AT&T to TWC its still been doing this. Every time I reset the router name or password it lets me reconnect to the internet, but when I shut it down and boot it up later or after a couple hours it refuses to connect until I switch the router name or security password.

Its a toshiba running windows 7
The adapter is realtek or something like that which im pretty sure is the cause but nothing seems to fix this issue.
Thanks for any info on this.

A:Laptop Stops connecting to internet randomly

What is the Model number of the Toshiba laptop?
Does your laptop come with an Ethernet port (most do have one)? If so, try connecting directly to your router with an Ethernet Cable and see if the problem continues.
I highly doubt that its a problem with the Router (but it could be). I believe that you may have a problem with the wireless drivers installed. I would suggest:
1. Download the wireless drivers from the Toshiba website
2. Properly Uninstall the wireless drivers
3. Install wireless drivers from the download (step 1).
4. Wait and see if problem still persists. If so, let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-stops-connecting-to-internet-randomly.209164/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys, while playing DOTA 2 (on lowest settings), I am experiencing the problem that my FPS is down to 30 almost all of the time. This started about a month ago and is really annoying to me, which is why I decided to updgrade my hardware in order to fix this problem. Now I am facing the problem though that I have no idea which parts of my hardware cause the low performance and thus need to be exchanged, some help would be very much appreciated.

I have the Medion Erazer X6817 with the following hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @ 2.20 GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
RAM: 4GB DDR3

Some Additional Facts:

I use a LG 24MPHQ Monitor to display the game at 1920x1080 resolution
When playing RAM usage is constantly at about 3,2 GB, CPU Usage pending between 15 and 45
So what part of my notebook do I have to upgrade to improve my FPS?

A:Hardware Upgrade to fix low FPS?

If you can upgrade your RAM to 8 gigs that might help; it seems to be the sweet spot for gaming. Otherwise Dota 2 is not that demanding on hardware.

As one who is experiencing League of Legends disconnects I have found through the help of jobeard and Rage_3K_Moiz that it probably has to do with my internet connection. Here are 2 that I ran (both are safe) to check for Packet Loss:

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/
http://www.dslreports.com/pingtest

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-upgrade-to-fix-low-fps.208832/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have been having a problem on several devices conecting to my WiFi router saying there is a problem with Authentication. I have just relised that if I disconect the ethernet cable from my desktop computer to the router the WiFi works without porblems and as soon as I reconnect it I cant connect to the WiFi anymore. I using windows 8.1.

Any suggestions?

A:Can't connect to WiFi when LAN connected.

What is the make and model of your WiFi router? It sounds like a setting is enabled within the router that is giving precedent to your Ethernet connection over your wifi connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-when-lan-connected.208892/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a monitor that I want to get connected to my HP 210 mini notebook. What will I do in order that my computer be able to detect the external monitor connected to it. I already installed the driver of the monitor.

A:Not Detecting the External Monitor Connected with a netbook

Connecting a monitor to a laptop should be simple. Most laptops automatically pick it up and ask if you want to start using it and how (Duplicate, Extend, Screen 1 OR Screen 2).

There are a few different ways to switch to it, on laptops there's usually a " FN" Key (If no "FN" Key, substitute with CTRL sometimes), and across the F1-F12 keys (sometimes the 1-9 keys..) there as symbols. You want to press the one that looks like a monitor and it should bring up an On Screen Display that shows you choices, and while holding the FN(Or CTRL) key and pressing it again it should change it to the other options as previously mentioned.

The other option depends on what operating system you have on the laptop. Win7, 8, Vista, XP? (I assume 7 or 8)

Anyways let me know if that helped narrow it down, otherwise we'll try the last step which is in basic terms: Control Panel > Display Settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-detecting-the-external-monitor-connected-with-a-netbook.208635/
Relevancy 22.79%

Nvidia's G-Sync technology is currently available on a handful of displays but the cost of entry isn't cheap. That's because the current crop of monitors require custom hardware to work their gaming magic - a requirement that soon won't be...

Read more

A:Nvidia G-Sync technology is coming to laptops, no custom hardware required

LOL the G-Sync module was only ever used to verify 100% that someone was using a Nvidia GPU. What a bunch of crooks...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-g-sync-technology-is-coming-to-laptops-no-custom-hardware-required.208532/
Relevancy 20.64%

So I've been thinking about upgrading my GPU from a GTX 760 2gb to a GTX 980 but I'm not sure if I have to buy a new Power Supply aswell. I'm using a 650W power supply.
My specs are: MSI motherboard(forgot the name), 8GB ram DDR3, SSD 200GB, HDD 1TB, DVD-RW, 2 120mm fans + the CPU fan , a core i5 4670k (3.40 ghz) and the gtx 760 itself.

Thanks

A:Should I upgrade my Power Supply?

Try this out; http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-upgrade-my-power-supply.208171/
Relevancy 21.07%

my laptop HP g61 does not power on either with battery or when connected to the mains supply(AC). whenever i press the power botton the battery lit in the front of the system will only blink for about 3 seconds without the system been power on(the fan,the keyboard light nor the power botton lit will not on) i try to remove the battery nd press the power button for 30 secs before putting it back,still their is no respond. but i discovered each time i remove the battery and plug it to the Mains,the indicator power light beside the plug of the system will lit for about 3 seconds before it went off again.i have checked it with another charging adapter all to no avail. pls ,help me out.

A:My laptop HP G61 does not power on

Perhaps you have one of those infernal HP laptop motherboard problems? How old is your HP g61, and have you kept the cooling channels free of lint and dust? How old is the hard drive?
Since it doesn't work from a battery or from wall power, you should have an experienced tech take a look.
First thing I would do is remove the hard drive, so you can rescue the data if need be.
Then I would remove the battery, and try again from the Mains. If nothing, then there is some real work ahead. Consider this a major failure in that case, and get expert help to take a look.
I doubt there is a quick fix.
Please keep us informed as to what you learn and what helped get your HP G61 back up and running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-hp-g61-does-not-power-on.176272/
Relevancy 14.19%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi guys, so my internet has been dropping a lot more recently (I have had this issue for about 4 months now). The odd thing that I cant figure out, is that it only happens on my desktop. Every other computer and phone can connect and doesnt drop wifi like the desktop does. Also, this happens when im wired through an ethernet cord. I have reinstalled network drivers, bought a wireless usb card, tried troubleshooting everything I can that I know how to do. Any other things I could try?

Thanks

A:Internet Drops Randomly

Specs for computer (make and model of computer that is having problems -or- make and model of the hardware)? Also, what wireless router (or modem) are you trying to connect to? What is your Operating System?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-randomly.208315/
Relevancy 40.85%

My laptop (Asus G73J) is connected to my router, however, has limited access. All other wireless devices in the house are able to connected to the router with internet, including another laptop. I have also already contacted my internet provider and my router provider to no avail. I looked at many other threads to see if anyone else has had my problem and as of now everyone who has, was able to fix it in ways that have not worked for me.

I have already put "ipconfig" in my command prompt and found out that I do not have a Default Gateway, in other words this shows up "Default Gatway .....:". Additionally it says that the Tunnel adapters have "Media Disconnected". I have been working on this for about 3 weeks, Please Help.

A:I am connected to the router with no internet

I've had similar intractable problems from time to time where even after reading up and posting for assistance you still remain stuck. Although I don't know the answer things that I'd try are checking to see if there is a firewall and turning it off briefly for purposes of elimination. I'd check to see if there is an updated driver for the wireless card. Have you been into Control Panel, Network and Sharing Centre and tried to set up a new network? Any problems flagged up in Computer, System Properties, Device Manager?

You haven't mentioned whether this is a problem that has arisen after a period of normal operation or whether it has been present from day one. If it worked OK previously as a last resort there's the return to factory condition option but it's a pain and you'd lose everything on the laptop so I'd hold fire on that. Can it connect to the router successfully with an ethernet cable?

Anyway that's a few things to think about if you've not tried them all already.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-connected-to-the-router-with-no-internet.208139/
Relevancy 14.62%

I remember some time ago I found a option which made my computer connect itself to the internet but now I cant find it.Help?

A:Have to manually connect to the internet on startup

Make and Model of computer? What Operating System are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-to-manually-connect-to-the-internet-on-startup.207918/
Relevancy 14.62%

Toshiba laptop. Internet at the bottom right says there is a connection available, but says the settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network. It has to be plugged in to the modem to access Internet. Speakers do not work. Ports do not work either. I had it in for repair and he thought it might be the motherboard, but he couldn't fix the other one and I got help with Broni on here and it works fine now. I am hoping someone on here can help me fix this one. It has no viruses; it's clean. Thanks!

A:Laptop cannot access the Internet unless it is hooked to the modem

Ok, the modem=>pc config working says networking is at least sane.

To get the modem=>router=>pc to work, the pc should not have ANY configuration data stored in the network adapter settings. Can you find and clear the network adapter for yourself?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cannot-access-the-internet-unless-it-is-hooked-to-the-modem.207405/
Relevancy 14.62%

Is there any way of sharing hard drives/folder over the internet with the client side need to install anything.
I.e use add network location option in my computer
Or a client programme that is user friendly

The server side will need to run on my computer,
looked at FreeNas thats not an option,
Filezilla looks like it the best option server side of things but uses a client programe.

Im happy to run any programmes/OS's in a VM if that were needed.

Thanks in Advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-hard-drive-over-internet-without-client-programes.207578/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hey guys, I was recently in the malware section, because my laptop had some problems and could not connect to the internet. Broni was very awesome and helped me clear my laptop up, but we still couldn't get it to connect to the internet. He advised me to come here for help.

I will link the previous thread, because there are some log files toward the end I think would be much more helpful than me explaining problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infected-laptop.206911/page-2#post-1444892

Thank you so much for any help.

A:Trouble connecting to internet (Windows 8)

Can you try to re-install the WiFi driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-connecting-to-internet-windows-8.207500/
Relevancy 20.64%

I know we had a thread on this in April of last year but what I really want is a poll so I can quickly see the numbers. What I'm trying to see is how many people are running 3 core machines and how many people have 6 core procs. Keep in mind I want to know actually cores, not the number of simultaneous threads you can run. Also, if you're using a multiprocessor machine please add up your cores. Also, if you have a triple core machine but it's not your primary I would appreciate it if you would post so in the thread.

A:How many cores power your primary machine?

Work related question or just curiosity?

I run 2 cores now in almost everything I physically use. I have a single core system that runs and does stuff for me nearly 24/7, but I almost never sit in front of it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-many-cores-power-your-primary-machine.171334/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a toshiba laptop right at a year of having it, it will not allow me to get internet connection even though it shows its getting wifi or set up through the router.. Is this a virus or other issue

A:Toshiba Internet won't work

Moving this topic to appropriate forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-internet-wont-work.207422/
Relevancy 15.05%

My toshiba will not get on the Internet Google will come up and search but everytime it says Internet error

A:Laptop Internet error

Need specific; try looking in the cmd-> enter eventvwr.msc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-internet-error.207423/
Relevancy 23.65%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 24.51%

This is my current setup and am wondering if there's anything that can be improved.
primary hard drive 210GB Samsung SSD
secondary hard drive 931 GB Western Digital
8 GB DDR 3 dual channel memory
2TB Western Digital Passport external hard drive
Intel i5 2500K processor (not overclocked)
After running Winaero WEI tool I was supprised to see my primary hard drive is the bottle neck as it's SSD. Is there a way I can tell that SSD is primary, and not the old hard drive?

I run Windows 8.1 as main computer, then with VMware I run Windows 7 from secondary hard drive (all of its files are on secondary hard drive).

I noticed with the VM running some programs take a while to load the first time. For example Maple and Photoshop take 10 seconds, but if they are closed and open again then they take 2 seconds to open. Also with the VM and Firefox running 75% of memory is used. Does this mean I need more RAM?

A:Best setup with hardware

All that means is drive as far as windows is concerned is slower than the graphics card, memory ,and processor is. that means nothing. u'r computer is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-setup-with-hardware.206940/
Relevancy 21.07%

I m a tech with years of IT experience PSU. power bad Still or motherboard a won't up Not and I ve built my fair share of computers over the years I have a puzzling one I cannot get to Not a bad motherboard or PSU. Still won't power up the bottom of I m afraid I cannot for the life of me Not a bad motherboard or PSU. Still won't power up get this computer to power on Here is a list of things I ve tried and or eliminated The first thing to happen was quite strange The computer would start when I first got it it was a used system but only after a few presses of the power button I don t ever remember it powering up on the first press of the power button It s an Intel DX BT Extreme Series motherboard with a bit Intel CPU in it GB of RAM FYI the motherboard has a aux power on off switch ON the motherboard itself used for testing at the labs - the manual recommends using the front panel switch however obviously Current state the computer will not turn on at all There are two LED s by the CPU that are for indicating a voltage regulator overheating and the CPU overheating When I hit the power switch the VR Regulator LED blinks quickly once and that is all Ok here goes - Tested PSU came back fine Decided to use that PSU in another system to double check would not boot up in the nd system I replaced the PSU with a good one I know that works of even higher wattage Still doesn t boot up - Tried using onboard power switch same result Tried using the reset switch as a power switch same result so the switches are likely OK I even removed all front panel switch connectors and tried to jumper the two power pins using a flathead screwdriver Still doesn t boot up no power only a solid green light on the mobo when power is plugged in - Reseated all RAM sticks although a system should still POST if a stick is bad as well as CPU same result - Replaced RAM with RAM I know works Same clock speed compatible with this motherboard Again if it s RAM it shouldn t prevent the fans from spinning - Replaced CPU with a good one same socket factor Still no powering up - Removed all other hardware USB cables video card speaker connector drives etc same result - Also replaced the fan with a non-OEM intel fan that has a higher RPM and draws more air - Tried replacing thermal paste on the premise that since the VR reg is showing it s overheating hopefully this would do something - Replaced CMOS battery Same result After testing just about everything I came to the conclusion that it must be a bad motherboard What Yeah a faulty Intel motherboard I ve never heard of such a thing So I RMA ed the board and got the new on in the mail How puzzled was I when the same exact thing happened Words can t describe Solid green light when power cord is plugged in VR light flashes BTW the green light is a V Standby Power Indicator Now in the manaul it states that these lights CPU amp VR LED s will flash when they re indicating a fault not blink once So I tried all the steps again nothing I have replaced every piece of hardware I can think of with good hardware and am still getting the same result - a flashing VR regulator LED Intel has no support for this and the people I ve spoken with at tech support at Intel are stumped My only thought left is a grounding issue which would seem strange to me since the problem gradually got worse that is taking more presses of the power button to power on then eventually no response I am going to switch cases and see if that s the problem If that fails I am out of troubleshooting steps - I ve literally replaced EVERYTHING inside and outside the computer Again to reiterate these are the things that have remained constant in both motherboards original and RMA ed Solid green V Standby Power Indicator Flash of the VR LED when applying power I have replaced every component with the exception of the case and the standouts which I believe have grounding rings on the threads Any ideas nbsp

A:Not a bad motherboard or PSU. Still won't power up

Speaking of shorts, try pulling the motherboard out of the case. Place it on a non-static, non-conducting surface and leaving in the CPU, heatsink/fan, only hook up the PSU, RAM and graphics card, see if will post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-a-bad-motherboard-or-psu-still-wont-power-up.151315/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi all Apologies in advance for such a long post I headaches + installation = hardware New Win7 don t know if I just have a corrupt New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches Windows Ultimate installation or what but this all started three weeks ago or so after installing new hardware specifically New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches motherboard Asus A M-A New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches processor AMD A K and RAM Kingston HyperX GB DDR Since I had the extra RAM slot I also put in one of the Aeneon XTune GB DDR I have from before the upgrade The sticker on it says it s but it shows up in BIOS POST as Since then I ve had the following problems Internet Unable to establish any connection at all when using the ethernet cable plugged into my Cisco Linksys EA Router I can connect wirelessly but that connection is lousy and I m not sure why especially since the router is only about feet from the computer To be fair the lousy wireless connection is something I was dealing with since before the hardware upgrade Windows reinstall which is why I finally gave up and bought a ethernet cable the computer used to be in a different room though on the same floor of the house The problem with being unable to get any type of connection when plugged in started after reinstalling Windows and then doing something like updates and then moving the PC to the new spot I made a point of moving the tower myself just so that I could be sure nothing happened to it so I know there was no physical damage done because of dropping or otherwise banging it around at all I ve checked the ethernet cable that runs from the modem to the router as well as the one and neither of them appear to be damaged at all I ve also tried plugging the one into all of the ports on the back of the router in the event that one of them just bit the dust somehow but nothing changed Any thoughts on how I can either get my wired connection working again or what might be making the wireless connection so horrible For clarification on quot horrible quot I m not talking dial-up speeds but some sites either load slowly or not at all sites that load up just fine on every other device in the house - specifically cell phones and iPod an Xbox a Wii and a laptop My connection to Battle net for playing WoW Starcraft II Diablo III is also pretty lag-tastic My NIC is an onboard Realtek GR PCIe Gigabit LAN controller according to the motherboard manual In terms of anything that may be interfering with the wireless signal there s a metal support post and a metal I-beam a few feet from where the router currently sits though it was previously or so feet from both Other than being in close proximity to those the room is wide open I was told that water can interfere with a wireless signal and we do have a lot of ground water under around the house can anyone verify whether ground water can degrade the signal so much over such a relatively small space Hard drive partition issues Until the upgrade when the computer just wouldn t boot presumably because Windows couldn t handle dealing with such big hardware changes all at once I had Windows installed on a partition on a TB Western Digital drive Since I had to reinstall anyway I installed Windows to a partition on a smaller but faster TB Seagate drive Up until this afternoon when I installed Seagate Discwizard one of the partitions on the big drive was inaccessible showing up in disk management and a couple of rd-party hard drive utility partitioning programs as simply quot unallocated space quot Since this afternoon though that partition is now showing up as a completely separate hard drive in disk management AND as quot unallocated space quot on the drive it s actually a part of I m a little leery of just leaving things as they are and using that partition since it s showing up different ways Discwizard only shows that partition as a separate drive there is no quot unallocated space quot showing on the TB drive Is this something I sh... Read more

A:New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Update: Wired connection issue is fixed. I have to (sheepishly) admit that I completely forgot to install the router via the CD that came with it. The lousy wireless performance is still a problem, though, as well as the hard drive/partition issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hardware-win7-installation-headaches.206345/
Relevancy 14.62%

I laptop My wirelessly to will the connect not internet have had my laptop for around a year and it has always connected to the internet both wirelessly and through the cable Suddenly for no apparent reason about a week ago it stopped working All that I had done was turn on my quot Guest Account quot and download Skype It worked for a few minutes after this and then stopped completely- if I hovered over the wireless connection on the bottom right of my screen there is a big red cross and it tells me that there are no wireless networks available in the range We have another laptop which we use from My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet the exact same location within the My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet house and this connects no problem it also finds another or so wireless networks in the neighbourhood I know that there is not a problem with my router modem as I can connect via my other computer I have not done anything to the laptop except the installation above- I tried uninstalling this and turning off the Guest Account but still no joy I looked at other posts on here and tried some of the things suggested but still no joy I thought I would try to be clever also and think I have actually made this worse so that it is now beyond repair I know with most computer based things uninstalling and reinstalling it can work tried this and have now uninstalled my wireless network cannot now find where it is to reinstall If you are able to give me suggestions to fix this please treat me as a novice as although I know some things about computers I really don t know enough to decipher some of the more technical terms Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet

bangj001 said:

I have had my laptop for around a year and it has always connected to the internet both wirelessly and through the cable. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, about a week ago it stopped working.

All that I had done was turn on my "Guest Account" and download Skype. It worked for a few minutes after this and then stopped completely- if I hovered over the wireless connection on the bottom right of my screen, there is a big red cross and it tells me that there are no wireless networks available in the range.

We have another laptop which we use from the exact same location within the house and this connects no problem, it also finds another 7 or so wireless networks in the neighbourhood.

I know that there is not a problem with my router/modem as I can connect via my other computer. I have not done anything to the laptop except the installation above- I tried uninstalling this and turning off the Guest Account but still no joy.

I looked at other posts on here and tried some of the things suggested but still no joy.... I thought I would try to be clever also and think I have actually made this worse so that it is now beyond repair!! I know with most computer based things, uninstalling and reinstalling it can work... tried this and have now uninstalled my wireless network...cannot now find where it is to reinstall!

If you are able to give me suggestions to fix this, please treat me as a novice as although I know some things about computers, I really don't know enough to decipher some of the more technical terms! Thanks in advanceClick to expand...

I assume you're using some sort of windows machine. Have you tried a system restore to a previous state when the OS used to work?
if not you should try that first by going to Programs>accesories>system tools> system re-store and select a time from when the laptop used to work fine.

Mm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-will-not-connect-wirelessly-to-the-internet.158976/
Relevancy 25.37%

I ran out of USB ports, so I went in for a powered USB hub.

One by one, all the USB ports went out of action, and then windows (XP) would not boot normally.

That was quite a scare.

I detached all devices attached to the USB ports and ran Device Cleaner (thanks to Lookin)

http://www.techspot.com/community/t...up-and-remove-old-usb-storage-drivers.145884/

The PC began to boot normally, and all but one USB came alive.

Any explanation?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-problem-when-i-connected-a-powered-usb-hub.207055/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi I have also been experinsing these problems. I am a video game player as well and whenever I try to play on my laptop my internet disconnects. But all my other devices that use wifi work fine. Also there is nothing wrong with my computer because it works fine on other networks such as my schools. I recently moved and am now using a different internet provider ,centerylink. I think I have to change my modem channel but centurylinks website were you change modem settings is a scam. The website does not work and my parents think theres something wrong with my computer and are refusing to change internet service providers. So I am wondering how If I can change modem channels a different way.

Moderator note - This post removed from this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.205710/#post-1439822 to avoid hijacking.

A:Internet disconnects

Hi, You might have another wifi signal very close to your house that is on 'your' channel, it happens.
You can only move your channel to one of three different frequencies, that is the lowest, the middle or the highest one. So say your current channel is 6, there is no point going to 7, it's still too close.
If the 'other' problem wifi channel near you is say '1' then you should try to go to the other end of the range.
You change your WiFi channel in your router, then your laptop will find it.
You don't need a website to do that, it's between your laptop and your router.
You make the changes through any web browser, and the details will probably be on the label of your router.
But this might not the problem, although it's a fairly easy one to 'fix' if it is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects.206830/
Relevancy 14.62%

The (Tp internet connect to 740n) router link via Unable to router worked fine in the past until recently my ISP had a break in the cable line and repaired it Now I am unable to connect to the internet If Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n) I connect the ISP s LAN cable directly to PC windows and do the following steps Control panel gt View network stats and tasks Setup a new connection or network gt Connect to the internet gt Next Broadband PPPOE gt Next Type in username password gt Connect Internet works fine This means there is no problem with the internet connection However if I connect the ISP s LAN cable to the quot blue quot port of the router and the short LAN cable to my PC then do the following steps Open http tplinklogin net It shows me router config page Click Quick setup gt Next Select PPPoE gt Next Type in username password gt Next Leave the Wireless Page untouched gt Next Click Reboot Wait till router reboots It does not work the router page shows quot Connecting quot but does not connect at all Here s the router log TL-WR N System Log Time - - s H-Ver WR N v S-Ver Build Rel n L M W PPPoE W M G st day OTHER INFO User clear system log st day PPP NOTICE PPPoE start connecting st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x nbsp

A:Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n)

Please help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-router-tp-link-740n.206843/
Relevancy 24.94%

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi there!

I recently have come across an issue where my internet randomly disconnects, mostly while on Skype or downloading video games and cannot figure out the issue at all. It usually downloads fine for about 1 minute and then disconnects completely. 0kbps and internet drops on my computer alone.

I'm kinda new to tech forums so if you guys need any information let me know.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting randomly

Hi, I had this problem a few years ago, which was fixed by buying a new USB wireless dongle.
But if you are using wireless connection to the router, try an ethercable instead and see if the same thing happens.
Are you using a laptop? If so it could be faulty wireless 802.11 board.
If you are using a USB wireless adapter, it could that the pc is turning off the power to the USB ports to 'save power', that can be changed if required.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.205710/
Relevancy 23.65%

There use to be an official site where one could buy the Alpha Shield but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know what became of this product or if it's useful? I've only heard good things about it.

A:Whatever happened to the Alpha Shield hardware firewall?

Jskid, I just ran across your question (on Oct.28, 2014!) I bought one in 2004...it worked well until three years later when we moved to the Niagara Peninsula, at which time the unit simply cut all access to the Net. A tech tried it, and said "Toss it." A rather expensive lesson.
Brian, sadder/poorer/wiser.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whatever-happened-to-the-alpha-shield-hardware-firewall.166371/
Relevancy 15.05%

My internet will just crash every minutes to sometimes seconds and the crashing only last about 10 seconds. It really gets annoying. its been happening for a couple months now and I have no idea how to fix it. I'm using cable and it seems to only happen to me in the house my brothers laptop isn't affected by the crashing, if anybody knows how to fix the problem please tell me.
EDIT oh and it happens randomly like say its could crash one day then it wont crash the next day. Or it could crash for one hour and not crash for the next 3 hours.

A:Internet Crashing

I'm using cable and it seems to only happen to me in the house my brothers laptop isn't affected by the crashing,Click to expand...

I guess you are saying that at your house, your Internet connection has problems but your brother's laptop does not.
Crashing(what: your system versus your browser) or Disconnecting?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-crashing.206507/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey guys I was looking at case suggestions mini-ITX redoing a build as a mini-itx so it would be more in the question to carry it somewhere if need be This is my alternative to getting a laptop as a primary mini-ITX case suggestions computer and ill be gettiing some sort of cheap portable tablet laptop for college work So I was looking for mini-ITX cases that would be best for my situation Alot of them are cube-like and im not a fan I would prefer something that I could put my xbox on top or vica versa Not that id definately be doing that but thats generally what form factor I want I also need to be able to fit like at most a GTX in it I know thats asking alot but alot of the cube cases can do mini-ITX case suggestions it all mini-itx cases ive really seen are too slim or to cube like and that makes it feel clunky to move anywhere Id really like to have the most efficient PC case possible Ive got a corsair c build right now and it just doesnt work at college as well as id want Oh yea my budget is at max Looking further im starting to think I won t be able to get a build small enough for what im looking for and I guess thats understandable I guess I should say my PSU budget is so it either needs to support a normal PSU or have a smaller one in that price range and wattage amperage that can run a non overclocked i and a GTX nbsp

A:mini-ITX case suggestions

I am doing a second mini-itx and the case does not seem to be working. the first case is no longer available - I posted pics here - it was all acrylic/clear - over the long term, it turns out that the acrylic broke at the power-on button and where the power supply meets the back of the case.

You might want to look at some that are for video - they have a low, flat profile like a DVD player.

You can get one that will accommodate a pico-psu power supply. This is a laptop-style power supply, with a barrel connector to connect to the computer.

This connection needs to be figured out before ordering parts. The right pico-psu will connect right into the ATX power supply plug, just like the plug coming out of a regular ATX power supply. But the barrel connection needs to be supported by the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mini-itx-case-suggestions.206075/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello everyone - I have just assembled a new build It will not power up I need a suggestion to figure out if the problem is the case or the motherboard This is a mini-itx build power-up: power New or Build MB? no supply case's The case is New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? Linkworld LC - B This case comes with a volt watt external laptop-style power supply that plugs into the rear of the case just like New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? a laptop power supply plugs into a laptop - a barrel connector Inside this power connection connects to a power supply component that is not like a regular ATX power supply but is on a printed-circuit board New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? mounted on the case This has several capacitors and other stuff From that comes the -pin and -pin power supply lines for the motherboard I assume the -volt power supply for this external power supply unit is right since it came with the case It was watt The processor is an IBM t with TDP of watts Lower-powered CPUs can be put in a small so I assumed the power supply might be under-powered I ordered a -watt volt power supply with the right size barrel - and same polarity pos inside The MB is an ASRock H MV-ITX It is mini-itx form factor Still same problem Everything is connected correctly When I press the power-on button an external CD drive I have plugged-in spins up for a while But no power light comes on in the front of the case there are no POST beeps the fan for the CPU does not spin up No other signs of life So power is getting into the MB - the external CD drive is plugged into a USB socket in the rear panel of the MB After trying a watt and watt power supply I believe the problem cannot be the power supply cord Can it be that I have too little load I don t think so I plugged in another mm fan and an ol-fashion floppy drive just the power connection to add more load - same thing no power-up no POST nothing but the CD drive will spin up when I open-then-close it yet again So here is the help I need what else can I try -assuming the MB and case are fine is it more likely the case power supply is bad or the MB --Thanks nbsp

A:New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB?

Well, I figured out the problem.
I am planning to re-do the older mini-itx system I have; it has gotten riddled with Trojan software for kids downloading games; it basically has been de-commissioned already.

So, I took the pico-psu power supply from that older computer, and hooked it up to the one I am making. Everything went perfectly.

So, I un-did that, removed the MB from case, disconnected the barrel-power connection from the case, unscrewed and removed the power supply that had been mounted in the case, put the pico-psu power supply back in place (I had to drill the hole for the barrel-connection out to be a little bigger since the pico-psu internal/external connection is threaded and held in place by nut with lock washer), and routed wires to be clear of cpu fan, screwed MB to stand-offs, and closed it all up.

now, everything is great. I like this linkworld case, but the power supply is worthless. I may try to get a few dollars back from the ebay vendor, to make me happy with a case that is less than what I should have gotten, but is working for me; I don't want to wait on returns, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-power-up-cases-power-supply-or-mb.206259/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hello techspot community I m new here and I apologize in advance if I ve done something incorrectly using internet my LAN In short any computer I access via LAN that is connected directly to my router uses up internet data For instance if I watch a movie stored on a computer connected directly to my router though it is being streamed through my LAN my net usage gets eaten up quickly from it This also happens with software such as teamviewer and splashtop even when set to accept LAN exclusively Whats odd is even when I disconnect my modem from my router and watch a movie my router still says data is being passed solely through the internet and a lot of it So I m LAN using my internet almost certain the issue is with the router but not entirely sure what Interesting enough when I access a computer that is connected to my router by wireless from a wireless device there isn t any issues consuming my internet when using the LAN I find this to be a huge problem as on the first of this month I decided to watch some HD movies over my LAN and it used up over gigabytes of data which I confirmed from my ISP I have to pay for that usage even though I wasn t actually using the internet This problem is quite new I m not sure exactly when it started but I haven t had this issue for the first months I owned this router it must have been something I changed in the router options but I haven t yet found what it could be Addition info ASUS RT-N U wireless router ASUS router is bridged from a Hitron modem Win Ult OS What I ve already tried Monitored my internet traffic to conclude the problem Contacted my ISP everyone was confused and no one was able to help Reformatted a single computer connected directly to my router so see if it was software related didn t help Went through router options intensely without success Tried multiple computers directly connected to the router and issue persists with newly connected computers Upgraded my modem to see if that was an issue it wasn t Updated router firmware to the latest didn t help Gone through the network sharing options from OS thoroughly Any suggestions regarding this is much appreciated Though already implied I want to ensure the understanding that even file transfers from one computer to another on my own network is using my internet data for some odd reason nbsp

A:LAN using my internet

The ONLY way I can think of this happening is if you are using some type of media server that you are allowing web access to your library with AND then you are connecting to that service online to view your local media. Like Plex Media Server will allow you to do that if you set it up to, I'm sure there are other softwares that do that as well. But that is not default behavior.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-using-my-internet.206003/
Relevancy 14.62%

My internet started to become slow out of no where and I didn't mess with my router/modem or any computer settings so I'm guessing it's a hardware problem. Pages take a while to load, some don't load (Unable to connect to webpage message), or sometimes they won't load completely. I've had this happen 3 times over the past years, even with different routers/modems/ISP's, my internet would be working normally for a few months and then it'd dramatically get slower. I've always thought it was my router causing the problems, potentially screwing up and degrading my modem's performance. It must be that Netgear routers are awful, as that's the only brand of routers I've had over the years.

I'm on my desktop, and have my modem connected to my router. I'm connected to the internet via cable since my desktop doesn't have WiFi.
Got 58mb/s download speed and 12mb/s upload speed on speedtest. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Edit: I have the same problem with every browser if you're wondering.

A:Internet suddenly slow and pages not loading completely

Have you tried having your ISP run a line check.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-suddenly-slow-and-pages-not-loading-completely.206046/
Relevancy 20.64%

My new build wont power on all I hear is a few high pitch sounds coming from what I think is the psu.
My specs:

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Please help me

A:New build wont power on

Disconnect everything except the monitor, cpu, ram. In fact, go down to 1 stick of ram. Will it POST now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-wont-power-on.206021/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi I'm not a tech-y person so I'm just hoping that someone can help me.

I recently bought a new laptop it's a Lenovo G40
System:

Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 4.00GB
64-bit Operating System
Windows 8.1 Single Language
I got home, downloaded and installed Firefox for me to use as my default browser. I got to use it for awhile (about 3 hrs) then I tried going on Facebook and it was taking too long to load. Then I tried it on my phone, it loaded faster than on my laptop. I tried searching (on both devices) random stuff on google (e.g. Miley Cyrus) and it took my laptop about 3 mins to load and my phone only took less than a minute to load. I did a speedtest on my laptop and I got 3.4mbps as a result (that's fast enough right?).

I really hope someone could help me with this because I'm currently student and I have a lot of requirements to do and I can't do that without a laptop and internet.

A:Slow internet on laptop but fast on phone

So, all 3 are on WiFi. Can you run a test with either of the laptops connected with an Ethernet cable and let us know the results? I suspect your wireless router has 802.11N, and that your phone supports it but your PCs only support 802.11G. 802.11N and G don't always play nicely together, and no 802.11G implementations is ever going to deliver 49Mbps of application layer throughput.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-on-laptop-but-fast-on-phone.205723/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello there,
I have seen that you are knowledgeable regarding pc, and have also seen tht you resolved successfully several threads.

I have a laptop and up to yesterday I could connect to the internet through wifi and cable. But today I cannot.

Here you can see my wifi.txt : https://www.dropbox.com/s/27g7g6xzqb8al1e/myWifi.txt?dl=0
and here my wired: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5nwfr6nwafoj1a/myWired.txt?dl=0
I uninstalled bitdefender to no avail.
Yesterday I was experimenting with this software: hotspot shield, bot revolt, ghostsurf. I uninstalled it yesterday and internet was working fine after that. I am just mentioning it.
I have win 8.1
I dont have any red in device mgr.

I am looking forward to your answer.
I hope you can help me
Kind regards
nisidotatos

A:Connected to internet, but no access

I'm posting a Win/8 solution solved in a private conversation. After proving that TCP could PING and use NSLOOKUP, it is time to suspect browser settings - - here's the solution:

jobeard said:

IE(9) -> Internet Options
General Tab
set homepage too www.google.com/

Security Tab
[x] enable protected mode

Connections Tab
at the bottom click Lan settings button
[x] Automatic detect settings SHOULD BE ON
[ ] auto script OFF
[ ] use a proxy OFF

Advanced Tab
[x] software rendering instead of GPU
Browsing
[x] disable script debugging (there's 2 of these)
HTTP 1.1
[x] both boxes
International
[x] send IDN names
[x] send UTF-8
Security
[x] check publisher revocation
[x] check certificate
[x] check signatures on downloads
[x] enable Windows Authentication
[x] enable memory protection
[x] use SSL 3.0
[x] use TLS 1.0
[x] use TLS 1.1
[x] use TSL 1.2
[x] warn certificate address mismatch
[x] warn if postClick to expand...

nisidotatos said:

It worked.
it was a problem here:
Connections Tab
at the bottom click Lan settings button
[x] Automatic detect settings SHOULD BE ON
[ ] auto script OFF
[ ] use a proxy OFF

the auto was off, and also a vpn required was on, which I deactivated.
It is working now.
This is great.
I thank you so much.
If you ever come to Greece, give me a call!!!Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-internet-but-no-access.205805/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello, I've had this problem for a good while and cant seem to find many answers. What happens is that I will be online and everything is fine untill my wife or daughter decide to get on to one of their devices that use the same wifi (ipad, ipod, phone) and everyone will get disconnected. After 2 or 3 minutes everyone will be able to connect again, for a few minutes at least, then we will get disconnected again. Rinse repeat.

Our router is a Belkin wireless G-plus mimo, Model# f509230-4
Modem is Westell model 6100, e90-610015-06
My wireless router in the bedroom connected to the PC is a linksys wusb6300 (blinks orange light at the time of dissconnect)

Any ideas on how we can stop constantly disconnecting each other would be greatly appreciated.

*just saw I posted this in the wrong place..ugh

Moderator note: Moved.

A:Disconnecting from internet when others use the wifi

Two suggestions:

First, make sure you have the latest firmware for that router

Second, after updating the firmware, access the router config and set the MTU to 1492.

This will stop packet fragmentation and all devices will then be protected from a packet reassembly overflow condition, failing all existing connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disconnecting-from-internet-when-others-use-the-wifi.205777/
Relevancy 29.67%

I had a drive go south on me, looks like the MBR, MFT, and the backups for them got trashed on the drive after a reboot. The drive itself still is fully operational, and my usual go to software, ZAR, unfortunately is not doing the trick. Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to try?

A:Suggestions to recovery from bad MBR/MFT?

I've used a program called testdisk to repair a messed up MFT, it's free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-to-recovery-from-bad-mbr-mft.204862/
Relevancy 20.64%

A good example of why not to buy cheap power supplies.

This power supply was about 6 months old, Used for 2 or 3 days per week, And drew around 450 watts under full load.

Thankfully the rest of my pc components were spared. It was used in my second older pc, I use a corsair TX850 v2 in my main machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alpine-850w-power-supply.205458/
Relevancy 28.81%

I do not want to go over how much it costs now. Another thing I need to mention is that this is a black/blue themed pc.

A:Is this a good gaming rig? give suggestions on how to make it better

What exactly is the Intel Devil's Canyon Bundle? From what I can tell it is not specific parts and can be any number of components. Everything else looks good though, just not sure about the bundle.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-gaming-rig-give-suggestions-on-how-to-make-it-better.205206/
Relevancy 15.05%

On WiFi bars always but I keep getting disconnected every couple minutes It reconnects a minute later and runs for another mins or every or so minutes five off Internet Shutting so Its an endless process Would appreciate any help Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Student Internet Shutting off every five minutes or so ATTENTION The logged in user is not administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users Student Downloads quot Microsoft Windows Enterprise Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore SDRSVC Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of SDRSVC service is OK The ImagePath of SDRSVC service is OK The ServiceDll of SDRSVC service is OK VSS Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of VSS service is OK The ImagePath of VSS service is OK System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender quot DisableAntiSpyware quot DWORD Other Services File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dhcpcore dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers afd sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System mpssvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System bfe dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System vssvc exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wscsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wuaueng dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System qmgr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System es dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System cryptsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System ipnathlp dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System iphlpsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System svchost exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System rpcss dll gt File is digitally signed End of log nbsp

A:Internet Shutting off every five minutes or so

First, if your ISP is over a DSL line, make sure every device connected to the phone wall jack(s) have a filter installed.

Second, get the latest firmware for your Modem && the router installed.

Lastly, on your router, find and set the MTU to 1492 which will stop packet fragmentation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-shutting-off-every-five-minutes-or-so.205339/
Relevancy 14.62%

My internet wont work, ive tried using both crome and IE but both browsers say that I am not connected to the internet despite the fact my computer says that I am connected to the internet. I know its not a network problem because my other devices are connecting fine. Also I tried connecting to the wifi at home and at school and it still does not work. My laptop is a HP ProBook 6390b and I am using windows 7. This problem started occurring after about 4 months disuse of my laptop which I think might be a factor as to why its not working. I have run windows updater and run a scan with my antivirus but still nothing helps. Thank you for any assistance in advance.

A:Internet wont work on laptop

Have you kept up and installed all the Windows 7 updates and are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-wont-work-on-laptop.204944/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I m using windows OS and Internet DSL Wifi but Router modem not through connected through using Reliance DSL broadband When I connect to internet directly through modem Internet is accessed but when I use D-Link DIR- Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router router Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router It shows you are offline and shows limited connectivity Ip configuration through wired connection is as below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway When I try to connect with wifi It shows limited connectivity and I can t open login page for ISP Ip config when connected through wifi is below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway C Users Hiren s gt nbsp

A:Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router

I also tried friend's TP-Link router, with my Cable, Then it connects perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connected-through-dsl-modem-but-not-through-wifi-router.205006/
Relevancy 14.62%

I have spent the last days trying to get my WiFi to connect Connection Ethernet not through Internet but WiFi to the Internet and am ready to throw the computer and all its additional equipment out of the window Amongst a collection of other laptops and a desktop running different systems - Windows XP Vista Windows and Windows - I have an old Acer Aspire running Windows XP Pro SP I use it mainly for midi file work and as a host for Visual Studio which I keep for maintenance of some programs written many years ago but still in use by some of my friends and for which I require frequent searches on the Internet Just recently for no apparent reason the WiFi on this laptop suddenly stopped working I have been using an Edimax EW- Usg wireless adapter Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi which has never given any trouble in the past to connect with my home network through a router modem supplied by my ISP Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi Since every other computer iPhone iPad and Kindle connects to the same network and works perfectly I have to assume that there is no problem with that router Also the problem laptop connects perfectly via the ethernet cable It just won t work on WiFi alone I have checked my wireless connections setup including TCP IP and can find no problem devices in Device manager I have searched for solutions on the internet and tried everything I can find - I have scanned my hard disk with Panda Antivirus have downloaded and run MalwareBytes I have tried changing the router channel I have tried setting the ipconfig values Nothing makes any difference When I attach the wireless adapter there is usually a message telling me the connection has quot limited or no internet access quot At this point ipconfig all shows the default values for the configuration If I try repairing the connection I am told that the process cannot continue for one reason or another though on occasion it connects when I close the message box However the adapter still shows quot acquiring IP Address quot and hangs there Here ipconfig all shows the correct configuration In both situations the only ipaddress I can ping is the host PC - the problem one Every other IP whether in numerical form such as Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi the router or alphabetical form such as google com returns either a quot timeout quot or a quot cannot find quot message and of course I cannot connect to the internet I have tried clearing the ipconfig I ve forgotten the command and followed it with ipconfig renew but that won t work I have repaired winsock using Microsoft s instructions and I have become quot war-weary quot trying to make sense of the whole thing I am trying not to have to re-install Windows XP and the associated updating of all programs so as a last resort I tried probably unsuccessfully to uninstall Edimax In the end after using Add and Remove to clear as much as possible I just deleted the complete folder from Program Files Then I installed the software for an old Belkin Wireless USB Adapter which I had lying around and tried it The outcome was exactly the same The Belkin software has one advantage however - it allows the user to opt to control the adapter through Windows though I still could not make it work I just don t know enough to solve this one Any ideas anyone BarrieC St ckM n nbsp

A:Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi

Have you tried using another adapter? Or tried using the adapter on another computer? Just to rule out if the adapter is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-through-ethernet-but-not-wifi.196216/
Relevancy 20.64%

Sorry I must not have sent the last post correctly I am new to this site So I will try again I was getting ready to upgrade to bigger hard drive or drives Before doing that I needed to take the old hard drives out to obtain some information off the labels I did so and while they where out I cleaned the Mounting slots a little better than using just No drives to SATA Power hard air Having done that I re-installed them both When I turned on the power button the button lit up and the fans were running But No Power to SATA hard drives it No Power to SATA hard drives does not seem that the hard drives are getting any power as I can t hear or feel any thing Plus the computer is not booting No Power to SATA hard drives I don t recall unplugging anything other than the two hard drives But I also notice that I have a short cable bundle with two white plugs with three pins and one empty pin hole on the other end a black connection with with five connector slots with one middle on blank That makes me think that I unplugged the power to the hard drive someplace along the ling As I have a wire bundle that has two SATA power connectors that are plugged in But their are three white female plugs marked P P and P which are not connected to anything in that wire bundle I don t know at this point if the power comes through that bundle from the power source Of if I do not have the power plugged into the lope I hope that somebody can help me figure this out and let me know if I burnt out the hard drives and have to start over with my recover disk reloading windows and going from there nbsp

A:No Power to SATA hard drives

How would I close this post out. Dumb me had the monitor plugged into an unused VGA port. It only took me two and a half days to figure that out. I wanted to let others know to check and see if they have everything plugged in where it should be. Including the VGA or other monitor cables.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-to-sata-hard-drives.204843/
Relevancy 20.64%

I wanted to reset my admin password on my asus ultrabook,
so I took advice from some wanker who told me to remove round battery for 5 min, unplug it from motherboard, plug ac power in without replacing battery yet....... So... THIS WANKER DID!...
Now turning my computer on ive got nothing .... Except a 'battery charging flicker', when releasing power button after holding it a long,long time!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME IM STUMPED, OR SIMPLY THE OWNER OF A PAPER WEIGHT? .... ( I did see a green light briefly when I plugged it in, without the round battery. )

A:My Asus Ultrabook won't power up

Sounds like this procedure corrupted the motherboards bios, and you may have a "paperweight" now for good. Did you re-install the "round" Bios button battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-asus-ultrabook-wont-power-up.204512/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a 9 yr old Desktop PC and my power supply is going out. The one I have is a modular style power supply. Is it required that I replace it with another modular power supply or does it matter?

A:Buying new Power Supply

No, it doesn't matter which one you use. Use whatever type you wish.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-power-supply.204274/
Relevancy 29.24%

Dvd burner will duplicate cd's fine, but the movies always say failure after endless times of trying...someone plz help

A:Dvd burner problems...any suggestions

They are so cheap now it is probably worth everyone's time to just get a new one.

If you really want to troubleshoot it, put it in a different computer or OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-problems-any-suggestions.204100/
Relevancy 21.07%

I had a completely new experience.

I installed a new R9 280 today.
I have a CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W 80 PLUS GOLD PSU. ([email protected])
I was running an ATI 6870.

Previously I never heard the PSU. While checking out a game a fan ramped up and I thought it the
R9 280. I thought man that's loud. Through some experimentation I found the R9 280 fan noise was not the problem but the HX 750. I cannot tolerate too much noise from my computer so this PSU has to go.

I know the R9 280 draws more power then the 6870 so the PSU is doing it's job.

My question is: How many watt PSU would I need so it won't ramp up....or are there other considerations I need to focus on as well...besides the +12 rating and wattage.

Thanks for any help

A:Power supply has to go. No, I am not asking which one to buy.

Just get the Rosewill Gold 450w, I think it's on sale.
You won't really find any good passive power supplies.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-has-to-go-no-i-am-not-asking-which-one-to-buy.204284/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi I didn't know where to post this
my internet speed been groin crazy
its goes fine then at some point all the speed drop the lights flickers
only in wifi tho
I called my ISP they said it the signals from the wireless phone
called my friend he says its signals from other routers * I live in a building around 16 ap 4 per floor*
both said to connect via either
a lot of my usage is by phone so I use wifi
any one have any solution for it ?

A:Internet speed

Eliminate the possibilities.

Turn off the wifi, connect to router via cable only. Is it still slowing down? If yes, it's something related to wireless. Then continue troubleshooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed.204286/
Relevancy 14.62%

So my laptop will not connect to the internet only by the ethernet cable. Ive made sure my wifi is on but for some reason everytime I click troubleshooting it will only tell me to try to connect to the ethernet cable. I tried to find different interney connection or try to disconnect to my router but that option does not even show up.

Ive gone through device manager n unstall things like the newtwork adapter of course after I restrted the computer itll reinstall it. Ive tried the options of restarting the router try to turn off the wifi restarting a an d reconnecting. Please help!! Lol

A:My laptop wont connect to the internet

I have a laptop and use wired connection when at home. Laptops typically have an enable/disable key or switch for the wifi - - on my Dell, <fn>F2 toggles wifi on/off.
I normally run with it off and the device manager looks like this

EVEN when F2 has it disabled! Notice, no red/yellow flags because it's just fine.

The system tray (for a wired connection) looks like

and IF I enable wifi, it changes to

*** SO BE SURE your wifi is 'enabled' (that is not the same as the device mgr enbled)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet.204212/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi there, my name in Mark, Over the past few days my whole internet randomly cuts off and goes back on, as if its being hit offline. I have ran through the forums and have checkout out the firewall and even done multiple virus scans and everything is coming up clear. I have a Virgin Media Superhub so its a combination modem and router. I have messed around with a few settings on the router itself. Im really struggling as I contacted my internet provider and they said they have no problem on their end. They also reset my router on a high frequency but I am still having the same issue. After having looked over multiple forums and videos and browsing through google. This issue will not resolve. It seems to occur more often when I try to run online gaming through my xbox one but it has happened a few times when the only thing that is on is my pc. I have a gaming pc and im not sure what other information you guys need. Any help would be amazing and to kick whatevers butt is annoying my internet.!

A:Internet Issues

Log into the router and find the setting MTU. It usually defaults to 1500 but that allows something called packet fragmentation. Change it to 1492 and it will stop that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-issues.204147/
Relevancy 20.64%

I bought a gaming PC, and I am wondering if my graphics cards and the computer itself are pulling to many watts, Will the lighting inside the box put a demand on the power supply??? I am debating about taking them out, I don't even have the lights on anyways I find them a waste they came with the computer I bought

A:Will lights draw too much power?

Josh86 said:

I bought a gaming PC, and I am wondering if my graphics cards and the computer itself are pulling to many watts, Will the lighting inside the box put a demand on the power supply??? I am debating about taking them out, I don't even have the lights on anyways I find them a waste they came with the computer I boughtClick to expand...

Josh*^ - the lights could not possibly be pulling more that 10 watts, at an extreme. Probably they are actually pulling a level that you could not notice before-and-after if you used an actual measurement, such as with the Kill-A-Watt.

Same for fans, and most anything else you plug in or on except video cards.

Everyone: you will spend all kinds of money to have powerful components, and a suitable power supply - so go ahead and get an ACTUAL power draw measurement -

The kill-a-watt is simple to use and read, very simple. it costs $20 or $25.

You can use it on anything you plug into a 120 volt outlet. Vacuum cleaner, hair curler, radio, anything. It tells you exactly how much power is being used. Exactly.

For over a decade, these power calculators have been estimating power needs, and they have been over-estimating by 100% the entire time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-lights-draw-too-much-power.207856/
Relevancy 20.64%

Greetings I ve moved to another country where electricity is not stable and goes high low or even disconnect power failure many times a day So i brought an old UPS i have discovery and connected it to the outlet and connected the PC and the LCD screen to it Sometimes when the electricity goes high down the UPS seems can t regulate fast enough or when the electricity disconnect the UPS can t change to battery mode fast enough so the PC restarts I though the problem is from the UPS so i bought failure during My despite restarts UPS PC power a new one iXA PRO which also has a built in AVR with wide input range of - Vac wide range of input frequency output short circuit protection overload protection and the transfer time My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS is ms I connected the PC and the LCD screen My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS to the new UPS and connected my modem and an external hard to the old one Surprisingly when the electricity went high low or when it disconnected the modem did not reset but my PC restarted which means that the old UPS is still working and the problem is from the PC itself I use My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS a very god power supply Blue Storm - wat so any idea what the problem could be Note When the electricity goes high low or disconnect the PC doesn t actually restart it just half turned off i mean i can still hear the fans rolling but there is nothing on the screen and i have to turn it off then on Note Sometimes when electricity goes high low or disconnect the PC keeps working normally Thanx in advance nbsp

A:My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS

My guess is your power supply in your PC uses active PFC (Power Factor Control) while your uninterruptible power supply is likely rated for a passive PFC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-restarts-during-power-failure-despite-ups.159403/
Relevancy 20.64%

My sister's 13" MBP (2011) died a few hours ago. According to what she told me, she was using it, and then, poof, black screen and no power. She doesn't have the cash at the moment to have it properly checked by a tech, so I did a basic troubleshoot in an attempt to narrow things down.

While the internals are a bit dirty, I didn't see any obvious signs of physical damage (it was relevant to check for this). Furthermore, the machine doesn't seem to respond to any power sources. I tried a couple different power cables and, while the little amber light on the magsafe (sp?) tab will come on briefly, the computer with neither power on nor display a charge on the built-in charge indicator. I will also note that the machine failed while disconnected from an outlet source with a full battery indicated.

My initial conclusions are a) the computer fried itself or b) the battery is toast. Any suggestions?

A:2011 MBP 13" Won't Power Up

If no one here can offer any insight, I would post this to the Apple discussion forum. There are usually people there that can diagnose this from just a description so that is your best bet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2011-mbp-13-wont-power-up.204013/
Relevancy 14.62%

I've been having this problem for the past 3-4 weeks now. I had an old Zyxel router that my broadband provider had given me for free and thought the problem might have been with it. Today I got a new router, an ASUS DSL-N55U and the problem persists.

My internet connection will disconnect (both cable and wireless for all devices) for seemingly no reason. Upon restarting the router, it will connect and be fine for a while until it happens again. Sometimes it stays online a few hours, other times a few minutes. It doesn't seem to be a specific application that disconnects it, as it disconnects when using many different applications and devices. (Although the old router did disconnect when refreshing game server lists, as it flooded the router. The new router doesn't seem to have this problem)

It's been bugging me like crazy, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

A:Internet Disconnects but Reconnects on Restart

Did your Isp .Run a line check for you. I had this problem about a year ago. Turned out it was my line coming in the house. another thing you can try is uninstalling you av protection. Long enough to see if this makes a differance. I have seen AV software cause problems like this also. That is about all I can think of. I am sure someone else here will be able to assist you to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects-but-reconnects-on-restart.203873/