Windows Support Forum

Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

Q: Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

24x7 - Low Power Consumption ? Internet Download Machine

I want to build a System that has LOW POWER Consumption.

Use:

Mostly Downloading Stuffs , Might Host Own Cloud too , Email Clients , IRC Clients , Other Internet Connected Apps

I was thinking of a Kabini System

Athlon 5350 (25 W TDP) & Some AM1 Mother Board

http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopAPUDetail.aspx?id=105

Again I was thinking about the Intel G3258 Anniversary edition processor (But it has Much Larger TDP)

It should be A Windows 7 Machine . Not Linux or other what nots !

But I am Here for some Advice. I already told you my requirements.

Advise me - What should I do ?
I only want to buy

Processor + Motherboard + RAM

&

SMPS (PSU) + HDD

I have the rest

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

Hmm; Why is power consumption a hi priority issue - - are you running off a solar powered system or portable generator?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-24x7-low-power-consumption-internet-connected-pc.205627/
Relevancy 86.86%

Ok so it's time again for me to pick a new power supply however I'm in need of some help determining the appropriate wattage for my hardware setup AMD Phenom II X nm AM GSkill Ripjaw X GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - new a Consumption-Picking Supply Hardware Power Power Corsair TX w I dont think its the V ASUS M A AM r here are the voltages listed on speccy if they are of any use V V V V CPU CORE V VIN V VIN V V V VIN Hardware Power Consumption-Picking a new Power Supply V VIN V VIN V ASUS ATI Radeon HD x in Crossfire w ea GB Patriot Pyro SE SSD GB OCZ OCZ-ONYX SSD LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NS ATA I have terrible luck with random bsod's and power supplies pooping on me I want to pick one this time that will last me Also I have my power running through a Monster Power HT I live in a new apartment so the wiring should be ok I've dusted out all Hardware Power Consumption-Picking a new Power Supply of the components inside the case double checked my connections all that jazz I've got a cooler over my memory I am still using my stock cpu cooler but thats changing soon I get crashes idle too Any help I could recieve I would appreciate thanks Andrew

A:Hardware Power Consumption-Picking a new Power Supply

You have pretty much the same problem as me (getting BSOD's randomly). For me it's bulging capacitors on motherboard. You should take a closer look for capacitors on your motherboard. Dead capacitors look something like that:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...densatoren.jpg

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230075-hardware-power-consumption-picking-new-power-supply.html
Relevancy 72.67%

So I have been having some pc problems and I can t really pinpoint the source Last week my pc broke down It would t turn on When I tried this message appeared quot Reboot and select proper boot device quot I thought to myself it s probably the hard drive I took to a local store that I always go to get my pc fixed They run the tests and told me it was really the hard drive So I bought a problems. Possible supply, Hardware need suggestions power new one PC works fine for days then problems start to show up again Whenever a I try to run some high end games like Fallout or Witcher problems start to appear I play the game fine no fps drop or anything then outta of nowhere trees or whatever it is on the eviroment stops loading and the game freezes for awhile then it comes back later I can tell the game will freeze normally because the background music in the game stops However I did not Hardware problems. Possible power supply, need suggestions have any problems playing some other not demanding pc games like LoL or using the internet Problems seem to start to show up after I play those high end games I don t know if the problem is on the new HD that I bought maybe my i the motherboard or just some cables I cleaned my machine and unplugged the cables to see if it could get any better but it didin t Specs Windows x Gtx I TB HD RAM Any help would be appreciated sorry for the long post nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I have a server that I would like HD Power Supply Question Power Consumption & to upgrade to TB Hitachi HD s They claim max startup current of A and idling down in the A range The platform will be a -series X with a Core Duo Graphics card is small does not even require aux power connector Not needed to just supply the KVM with x No other signficiant sources of V drain exist other than the MB CPU a slim CD-Drive for installs a slim floppy and one additional GB Power Supply Question & HD Power Consumption SSD startup drive W when active I am looking at an W Corsair I ve heard these are quality supplies and I don t want Power Supply Question & HD Power Consumption multiple rails since no one really knows what sort of Voodoo goes on as to how they divide multiple rails up And I don t want to get into that I will be using a single-rail V PS I can add a second if I need to but I d rather not Do you think this will be sufficient for handling Hitachi hard drives quot Green quot drives are a non-starter since they will drive my Raid controller and then me off the deep end with TLER issues I do have staggered spin-up control of the drives with the controller Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Power Supply Question & HD Power Consumption

Power Supply Question & HD Power Consumption, Pt. 2 - Laptop vs. 3.5"

My second question is this - I have a BTV server that needs to be on at all times during the season to record shows during day and evening.

Suffice it to say that you CANNOT reliably put one of the critters into sleep/hibernate mode and expect it to wake up and reliably record a show. It just won't happen.

Now, this is one case where I can use "Green" 3.5" drives, but I am also considering banking 500GB 7200RPM or even 5400RPM laptop drives. These will all be on a raid controller, but since they will be in pass-thru mode or RAID 0 mode the controller won't freak over TLER like it would with RAID 5/6 and mark the drives bad. The controller also has more than adequate cache to handle a 5400RPM spindle as OTA HDTV generates little more than 2.5MB per second per channel. Even 4 channels at once is 10MB/s and that should not tap the ability of a 3Ware controller with cache on 5400 RPM RAID 0 or even pass-thru drives.

My question is this - 2 500GB laptop drives burn much less startup and idle current than a single 1TB 3.5" drive. Has anyone tried running multiple laptop drives on a RAID controller, and what sort of luck have you had? What sort of sustained throuput can you obtain?

Electricity is a huge factor here, at 12 cents per KWh. I can recover the marginal cost of 2 500GB laptop drives vs. 1 1TB 3.5 drive.

Case construction and drive cages are not the issue here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-question-hd-power-consumption.128749/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help with my problem. On my spare laptop, the last time I turned it on after months of not being used it downloaded a lot of updates, and somehow it got the 24X7 "virus" on it. I followed the directions in 24X7 help removal guide to get it off (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-24x7-help), including doing malware scans, etc.
BUT now the laptop won't truely connect to the Internet. It says the wifi is connected, but I can't open web pages, connect to Steam, search for updates, etc. What can I do? The laptop in question is running Vista. I even deleted and reinstalled the wifi adapter (sorry, I can't recall exactly what this is called, I was following advice on another website -- I think it's the wlan network adapter). Any ideas of how to fix this?

A:Removed 24x7, but still can't access Internet

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download this tool using a good computer. Copy the program to the Desktop of the problem computer and run it.Please download MiniToolBox to Desktop and run it.Check mark the following boxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList last 10 Event Viewer logList content of HostsList IP ConfigurationList Winsock EntriesClick Go and copy/paste the log (Result.txt) into your next post.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Let me know if the problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520847/removed-24x7-but-still-cant-access-internet/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am using MSI R GB and i am having some severe FPS issues in GPU-intensive games like ARK Survival Evolved My PSU is W Seasonic SS- AM and two separate pin cables are leading from the PSU to the GPU At first i thought it was normal since that game is demanding but then i saw that people with weaker GPUs and overall PCs are getting much better frames on higher graphic qualities So i did the toughest Furmark stress testing stress test over an hour on maximum settings at p That most difficult test is 4GB: low?! power 380 Max R9 consumption MSI very got my FPS down to my GPU temperature to celsius and my GPU's maximum highest peak power consumption to barely watts At the same time i kept GPU-Z and HWMonitor active as well and they recorded the same - watts maximum power consumption As far as i could see my GPU was under maximum load the FPS in Furmark was at barely and GPU load was stated to be at In DMark Firestrike under the standard test my score was graphic score physics score combined score In Unigine Valley and highest settings my score is min FPS max fps In both DMark and Unigine tests the GPU-Z reported my MSI R9 380 4GB: Max power consumption is very low?! GPU's maximum power consumption at watts VDDC Power highest reading In my most GPU intensive game Ark Survival in the Radeon Universal Overdrive it says my GPU is active the GPU clock is MHz and my Memory clock is MHz It also states my MSI R9 380 4GB: Max power consumption is very low?! temperature is at celsius and my cooler is at GPU-Z claims my GPU is consuming barely over watts while having FPS in ARK Various websites articles and youtube videos show the same GPU model as mine go up as high as watts under maximum load MSI R9 380 4GB: Max power consumption is very low?! both in games and stress tests benchmarks The MSI official website shows my model of GPU to go up to watts without any specific overclocking I am just a tech amateur but something seems very wrong when my GPU is under-performing and is seemingly using a small amount of power compared to other GPUs of the same model I took a look at the inside of my PC the GPU seems properly inserted into the MBoard and the two separate pin cables from the PSU W Seasonic SS- AM are firmly plugged into my GPU's two power jacks The GPU and the whole PC is clear of dust so that is not an issue and software-wise i am using the latest AMD drivers and all Windows updates and my startup programs are at a bare minimum anti-virus paused during the tests PC specs Intel Core i K ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO GB DDR MHz Kingston HyperX MSI Radeon R GB SATA TB WD Black W Seasonic SS- AM Windows bit Service Pack I got no clue what is going on looks like my GPU is unable or refusing to draw more power from the PSU Can anyone please help me

A:MSI R9 380 4GB: Max power consumption is very low?!

Here is an imgur link to a big screenshot with additional info about my PC:
http://i.imgur.com/zYm6kkr.png

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/msi-r9-380-4gb-max-power-consumption-very-low-277193/
Relevancy 62.78%

300watts PSU / Alot of devices
300watts PSU / Little devices

Effectively, do both systems consume the same amount of power? i.e. You get the same amount for you bills no matter which of the above you got.

Just a thought.

A:Power Consumption

well, the difference may not be measurable in kilowatt hours, but a 300W PSU in a system with only core components, may use as little as 180W of the available power. Another system may be pushing on the edge of that 300W. The difference may not be enough for a billing increase, especially if it isn't used 24/7.

A 300W PSU does not mean that it always uses 300W, that just means that it is rated at being able to produce up to 300W of power. The actual power consumed by the system is calculated by multiplying the voltage used to power each device by the actual current(amperage) draw of each device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-consumption.3972/
Relevancy 62.78%

Im upgrading to a GTX570. Can anyone tell me if my Corsair TX650 PSU will sufficently power the GTX570?

A:Power consumption

The recommended PSU for the GTX 570 is 550 Watt, and it's maximum power draw is around 219 Watt approx.

So you should be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-consumption.158553/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello

I'm having an issue trying to figure out how much money my PC takes to run if I leave it on for about 17 hours a day. I currently have a 750W power supply and the CPU use of the PC while away from it would be at around 20 percent, so Idle.

Does anyone have any idea how much this would cost me a day? The screen would obviously not be running and it would just be the PC its self.

Thanks.

Relevancy 62.78%

I am using MSI R GB and i am having some severe FPS issues in GPU-intensive games like ARK Survival Evolved My PSU is W Seasonic SS- AM and two separate pin cables are leading from the PSU to the GPU At first i thought it was normal since that game is demanding but then i is MSI Max 380 power 4GB: low?! consumption very R9 saw that people with weaker GPUs and overall PCs are getting much better frames on MSI R9 380 4GB: Max power consumption is very low?! higher graphic qualities So i did the toughest Furmark stress testing stress test over an hour on maximum settings at p That most difficult test got my FPS down to my GPU temperature to celsius and my GPU's maximum highest peak power consumption to barely watts At the same time i kept GPU-Z and HWMonitor active as well and they recorded the same - watts maximum power consumption As far as i could see my GPU was under maximum load the FPS in Furmark was at barely and GPU load was stated to be at In DMark Firestrike under the standard test my score was graphic score physics score combined score In Unigine Valley and highest settings my score is min FPS max fps In both DMark and Unigine tests the GPU-Z reported my GPU's maximum power consumption at watts VDDC Power highest reading In my most GPU intensive game Ark Survival in the Radeon Universal Overdrive it says my GPU is active the GPU clock is MHz and my Memory clock is MHz It also states my temperature is at celsius and my cooler is at GPU-Z claims my GPU is consuming barely over watts while having FPS in ARK Various websites articles and youtube videos show the same GPU model as mine go up as high as watts under maximum load both in games and stress tests benchmarks The MSI official website shows my model of GPU to go up to watts without any specific overclocking I am just a tech amateur but something seems very wrong when my GPU is under-performing and is seemingly using a small amount of power compared to other GPUs of the same model I took a look at the inside of my PC the GPU seems properly inserted into the MBoard and the two separate pin cables from the PSU W Seasonic SS- AM are firmly plugged into my GPU's two power jacks The GPU and the whole PC is clear of dust so that is not an issue and software-wise i am using the latest AMD drivers and all Windows updates and my startup programs are at a bare minimum anti-virus paused during the tests PC specs Intel Core i K ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO GB DDR MHz Kingston HyperX MSI Radeon R GB SATA TB WD Black W Seasonic SS- AM Windows bit Service Pack I got no clue what is going on looks like my GPU is unable or refusing to draw more power from the PSU Can anyone please help me

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128956-msi-r9-380-4gb-max-power-consumption-very-low.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I am using MSI R GB and i am having some severe FPS issues in GPU-intensive games like ARK Survival Evolved My PSU is W Seasonic SS- AM and two separate pin cables are leading from the PSU to the GPU At first i thought it was normal since that game is demanding power is consumption low?! 4GB: 380 R9 Max very MSI but then i saw that people with weaker GPUs and overall PCs are getting much better frames on higher graphic qualities So i did the toughest Furmark stress testing stress test over an hour on maximum settings at p That most difficult test got my FPS down to my GPU temperature to celsius and my GPU s maximum highest peak power consumption to barely watts At the same time i kept GPU-Z and HWMonitor active as well and they recorded the same - watts maximum power consumption MSI R9 380 4GB: Max power consumption is very low?! As far as i could see my GPU was under maximum load the FPS in Furmark was at barely and GPU load was stated to be at In DMark Firestrike under the standard test my score was graphic score physics score combined score In Unigine Valley and highest settings my score is min FPS max fps In both DMark and Unigine tests the GPU-Z reported my GPU s MSI R9 380 4GB: Max power consumption is very low?! maximum power consumption at watts VDDC Power highest reading In my most GPU intensive game Ark Survival in the Radeon Universal Overdrive it says my GPU is active the GPU clock is MHz and my Memory clock is MHz It also states my temperature is at celsius and my cooler is at GPU-Z claims my GPU is consuming barely over watts while having FPS in ARK Various websites articles and youtube videos show the same GPU model as mine go up as high as watts under maximum load both in games and stress tests benchmarks The MSI official website shows my model of GPU to go up to watts without any specific overclocking I am just a tech amateur but something seems very wrong when my GPU is under-performing and is seemingly using a small amount of power compared to other GPUs of the same model I took a look at the inside of my PC the GPU seems properly inserted into the MBoard and the two separate pin cables from the PSU W Seasonic SS- AM are firmly plugged into my GPU s two power jacks The GPU and the whole PC is clear of dust so that is not an issue and software-wise i am using the latest AMD drivers and all Windows updates and my startup programs are at a bare minimum anti-virus paused during the tests PC specs Intel Core i K ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO GB DDR MHz Kingston HyperX MSI Radeon R GB SATA TB WD Black W Seasonic SS- AM Windows bit Service Pack I got no clue what is going on looks like my GPU is unable or refusing to draw more power from the PSU Can anyone please help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msi-r9-380-4gb-max-power-consumption-is-very-low.1167441/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,

Is there a tool (software) to find out the total power (or broken component wise) consumption of a PC?

Thanks

There are tools, some expensive some are cheap. The cheapest would be something like:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882715001

It will show power draw from the wall for the entire PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-consumption.157536/
Relevancy 62.78%

Can anyone tell me Approx.how much power(Watts)a NavidiaGeForceTi4600 Video card uses? Using a Gateway FPD1830 Flat pannel Display

It should be around 35-40 watts, use an online power calulator to see if you have enought power in your system. Check the answer against the wattage output on the voltage rails and not the power rating of your PSU though.

http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-consumption.307688/
Relevancy 62.78%

Does anyone know if there is a software utility for measuring a computer/server power consumption?? I tried searching it, but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks in advance!

I don't. But for ~$20 you can buy a Kill-a-Watt which will be more accurate anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-consumption.112948/
Relevancy 62.78%

Are there any programs that could display how much power I am using while my computer is running?

A:power consumption

While your system may have voltage and temperature sensors, I don't know of any that measure amperage.
You'd need to plug it into a power monitoring meter like the KillAWatt:
http://www.google.com/search?q=killawatt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-consumption.979329/
Relevancy 62.78%

Building a new HTPC and just curious if there's any difference in electricity usage difference from 32 and 64 bit setups. I'm trying to make it as energy efficient as possible.

A:Power Consumption - 32-bit vs 64-bit?

There is no difference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/246321-power-consumption-32-bit-vs-64-bit.html
Relevancy 62.78%

How much in terms of kilowatt-hours does the typical desktop consume in electricity? i.e. how much is one typically spending to keep a PC running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/power-consumption-490286.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello -

I am currently running Windows XP on a dell latitude e6400, but I'm strongly considering upgrading to win 7. However, I am very concerned about power consumption.

The e6400 is energy star and currently consumes roughly 13 watts at idle when plugged in. I have heard very different things regarding power consumption in win 7. Some say it's better than vista but worse than xp and some say it is worse than both.

I know windows 7 allows for substantial control over power usage, but I was curious about other users experiences. Did you observe a general increase/decrease/break even when upgrading from xp to 7?

Thanks

Personally I do not think Windows 7 takes that much more power consumption, Aspire One netbook users have reported Windows 7 extends the battery life of their netbooks; I'm not sure if the rumors on Windows7 taking more power is true. However, there are plenty of power options to tweak in Windows 7 that are not found on Windows XP e.g. Hybrid Sleep, PCI Express Power Options, USB Selective Suspend, Wireless Power Save, Minimum/Maximum CPU State..etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/66564-power-consumption.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi Guys Can anyone help with this A few weeks ago I upgraded from the AMD bit to a P Prescott Trouble is that I splashed out rather a large amount of money on a fanless PSU about months ago It s been fantastic but guess what - it s now dead It s worked with my setup for a few weeks fine the psu is supposed to have inbuilt overcurrent protection but i went to power up on Friday and all consumption Power that happened was that the CPU fan Power consumption and the Graphics fan span for a Power consumption few seconds and then stopped If I wait a few seconds and try again the same results I ve tried to find out how to do the power consumption calculation but I m struggling to find a definitive guide to the actual consumption of individual components I am assuming that the VDC is the most vital of all so i have been working with these P W under load I do overclock to when playing ATi XT W but I don t know if the GPU uses V or not Which gives roughly A Which means I must be wrong Has anybody been down this road before I m looking at getting the W silent PSU P SE Mobo Zalman flower cooler Zalman AGP cooler X CD drives a SATA drive nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

Could anyone tell me what the power consumption of a ssd when the computer is power off?

I've a Toshiba Tecra R840-16J laptop (bougth 6 months ago) with a fresh intalled Plextor M5Pro 512 GB ssd. Yestarday, after a 100% charge, I shutted down the laptop and today (after 16 hours) I turn it on! The battery was at 93% !!!! Is this normal?

Regards,
paulo

A:SSD power consumption when computer is off

Yes it's normal, and it has nothing to do with the SSD. All batteries lose power over time, even when not in use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255285-ssd-power-consumption-when-computer-off.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm planning on buying a new GPU, as well as a new PSU and CPU. However, since I'm on a slightly tight budget here, I might not buy everything all at once.

If I were to add a GTX 550ti 1GB to my current rig and pair that up with my 300 watt PSU (will be getting a 600 watt one) would I experience problems that would eventually damage (permanently) both my card and my PSU? Seeing as the requirements for this card are 400 watts.

I'm wondering, because I could just add each new component as I get them, IF there wouldn't be any serious issues with power, of course.

A:Solved: GPU power consumption?

Do not put the 550ti on the 300w PSU it is just asking for trouble. Best case it overheats and maybe blows the PSU, worst case the PSU fries and frags your CPU and motherboard (and possibly more with it) when it goes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-gpu-power-consumption.1069673/
Relevancy 62.35%

If I had a 300 watt power supply, would it be using 300 watts all the time if I turned my computer on? My science teacher insists so... but I doubt it. I believe the power supply only uses what it needs. For example, a computer with 6 hard drives would generallly use more wattage than a computer with only one. Who's right?

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

I'm thinking of putting together a small PC with 200w PSU, and I need to know how much power (watts) a 9800 Pro, and 9600 Pro graphics card consumes. I plan on installing an Athlon XP 2600+, two hard drives, a DVD +/- RW, and a graphics card. I need to know if the 200w PSU supplied will be enough to cope with a 9600 Pro, or preferably a 9800 Pro along with the items mentioned.

I did email ATI regarding said info, but all I got was the usual winxp installation faq, which basically shows how poor their customer support really is, as they didn't even read my email. If anyone knows, or can provide a link to the info I require, then please post. Thanks in advance :=).

A:ATI 9800 Pro Power Consumption?

Look at this. Looks like you need a 300 watt minimum. I've got a 9700 Pro, and my Gateway has a 250 watt supply and it runs just fine though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-9800-pro-power-consumption.11851/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all of you,

Since some month ago I see that my Electricity Bill is growing up due to PC Consumption and I was wondering to know if there is a program that may help to reduce the hardware watt usage to reduce the bill. I already install a program call Local Cooling that help me to put my PC in sleep mode etc... that normally I can do with Windows Vista but me I would like to know if there is one for reducing the hardware usage itself as example the HDD, Processor, Graphic Card, Sound Card and so on.

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Reducing Power Consumption of PC

Not really. The max you can do is get a new, more efficient, PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reducing-power-consumption-of-pc.126826/
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm thinking of using the haswell i5 processor with 4 cores (Intel® Core™ i5-4440S Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.30 GHz)) for an always on system and am looking for good power efficiency.
This has a rated tdp of 65W

As this is going to act as a headless server and the graphics cores will not be used, am I correct in thinking they get 'switched off'? If this is the case what is the likely tdp going to be?

A:Haswell Power Consumption

The cpu pw consumption is adjusted on a dynamic basis in relation to load. Unless you run the system with a fixed load; ie running prime95, etc, the amount of pw used by the cpu is constantly going to change as load on the system changes.

If you want to know how much pw the system uses, then plug it into something like this;
http://www.homedepot.com/p/P3-International-Kill-A-Watt-EZ-Meter-P4460/202196388#.Uih-ZD-Iy70

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/haswell-power-consumption.1107687/
Relevancy 62.35%

Greetings all,
I am going to be upgrading to a GeForce 8800GTX (hopefully). I've been perusing a bit and have found power consumption numbers from a variety of sources. They put the card at pulling roughly 300 watts of power at full load. My questions are - Can a 500 watt power supply adequately run this card? Has anyone run any tests of thier own on the amount of power an 8800GTX needs?

I would be putting an FX-62 with it on an Asus Crosshair motherboard.

A:8800GTX Power Consumption

I would doubt that the card is pulling 300 watts at full load.

I looked at 3 manufacturers specs for this card and their specs were pretty much the same.

BFG-450W PCI Express-compliant system power supply with a combined 12V current rating of 30A or more

EVGA-Minimum of a 450 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 28 Amps.)

ASUS-Minimum 450W or greater system power supply (with 12V current rating of 30A)

Personally, if I were building or upgrading a system with this card I would use a PSU such as this;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817703006

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/8800gtx-power-consumption.529797/
Relevancy 62.35%

As you can see from title, i would like your ideas which components to use to have as low as possible power consumption when pc idles but still be able to watch hd movies, work with photoshop and web disign and some general office work.

And it has to be cheap. Really cheap.

I was thinking about Athlon II x3 and X4 with hd55xx or hd56xx graphic with hmdi output

is it possible to get deskop pc sub 70 Watts when it idles, but still have 3 or 4 cores? Every review of cpus i read results shows power consumption @idle over 100W.

A:Low power consumption PC with 3-4 core CPU

Well, if absolute low power consumption is a priority. I would not bother with AMD. The lowest power consumption numbers reside with Intel 32 nm parts. The Core i3-530 idles @ about 27 watts at the desktop. That puts your number within reach with a very modestly equipped PC. The i3-530 is not a true quad, but it is a dual core with hyperthreading. It's built in graphics will easily run Hi-Def recorded TV and DVD, and probably Blu-Ray as well. Although, I can't speak knowledgeably to that, since I haven't allowed them to sell me Blu-Ray yet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-power-consumption-pc-with-3-4-core-cpu.151690/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all,
I have a M2N-E SLI Edition. How do I measure how much power the motherboard itself uses. As well as:

RAM (Two 1Gig Kingston 800MHz)
Hard Drives (1 IDE and 1 SATA)
CPU (AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ 3.22GHz)

A:Motherboard Power Consumption

Motherboards by themselves consume little power, it is the components you have that will consume the majority of the power. Your CPU alone consumes about 125W typically, which may go upto 150W or so during extremely heavy utilization. Throw in about 50W more for your RAM and HDDs, and you have a maximum figure of about 200W or so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-power-consumption.111254/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey people,

I'm going to university shortly and after a time I'll have to get a place where I'll pay a power bill - including my rigs consumption. Money won't be that available during these times so I don't want to much power consumption.

I was told for my computer science degree we'll be using VM's etc so alot of RAM will definatly help. I was thinking of upgrading to http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/partspecs.aspx?IMODULE=CT2KIT25664AA1067

I won't be overclocking. If you tell me the power of those modules will consume in watts please specify if your telling me about one or both together. Thank you!

If they consume to much I'll go without otherwise i'll upgrade.

A:DDRII power consumption

Base voltage for DDR2 modules is 1.8v. Some require additional voltage but the ones you linked use 1.8v per module.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddrii-power-consumption.153754/
Relevancy 62.35%

i dont understand Power Consumption:
up to 150W
1 additional 6 pin PCIe power required

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-please-power-consumption-up-to-150w.1165056/
Relevancy 62.35%

iam having trouble finding out power consumption for a these parts (links below) and can you help me fine out how to tell. thanks

video card
http://magicmicro.com/debay.asp?iid=2890

ram
http://magicmicro.com/debay.asp?iid=3569

cpu
http://magicmicro.com/debay.asp?iid=2611

motherboard
http://magicmicro.com/debay.asp?iid=6219

hard drive
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Dig...Internal_Hard_Disk_Drives&hash=item1e6d27d34c

A:Solved: power consumption help

try this http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index.html?name=Power-Supply-Wattage-Calculator

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-power-consumption-help.1102792/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys, i recently bought an ATI radeon x1550 video card 256 MB dual port(dvi and vga). My power supply unit is of 230 Volts. I just want to know if its ok to put this card in my computer looking at the power supply?
The reason i m asking this is because i bought this card a week ago and when i installed it, the screen worked fine just for 3-5 mins and then everything became blurry and i messy. When i removed the card, it became very hot. So i replaced the card from the shop but i m afraid to put this new card again in my computer.
Please advice.
Thanks,
Dinesh.

A:x1550 power consumption

Hi Dinesh

I would test the card on another system if you can or take it back to be tested.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/223541-x1550-power-consumption.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,

I have an HP Compaq dx2300 Microtower and I see that my electricity bill is going up as I use my PC long hours. I would like to know if that there is a method or programs to reduce PC peripherals for it to take less power while using it.

Thanks in advance for any advice
Ultiweap

A:Cooling down power consumption of my PC

go into control panel under power options and choose balanced or power saver option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooling-down-power-consumption-of-my-pc.136431/
Relevancy 62.35%

I remember such a thing being available on OCZ's website, or Corsair's, can't really remember.

Do you guys know any good ones available?

Thanks.

A:Power Consumption Calculator

Are you asking about Power Supply Calculators (that let you calculate your power requirement based on hardware and then choose a PSU)?

If so the eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Lite is one of the best out there. They also have a Pro version you have to pay for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/41847-power-consumption-calculator.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,
I've a PC :-
Celeron 1.7 MHZ, 40 GB HDD,256 MB DDR-SDRAM, Intel 854 GL based M/B(ATX), 15" CRT Monitor, 52X CD-ROM Drive & a 600 VA UPS as a peripheral. I've a 250 W SMPS.

How much power do you think it consumes?

Thanks.

A:Power Consumption of a typical PC

Abeer_d
If you are calculating Possible Power usage to see if you Power Supply can handle the load then have a look at This Site
The figures are for Maximum Utilization but I would still add a minimum of 10% for safety.
Note: Most cases the Monitor will not figure into the equation but if you wish to know its consumption there should be a label on it somewhere defining such.

Hope that helps.

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-consumption-of-a-typical-pc.188947/
Relevancy 62.35%

My 7600GT fan recently got really noisy and I'm afraid it's starting to go bad. I have a Dell XPS400 with a 350W PSU. Will it be able to handle a 8600 GT or GTS? If not, what are my options?

Thanks

EDIT: It's actually a 375W PSU.

A:8600 Power Consumption

The 8600 GT and GTS consume about 20 watts more than a 7600GT, so would probably work with a 350W PSU if your 7600GT is working with it.

Replacing the fan on your 7600GT is also an option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/8600-power-consumption.815731/
Relevancy 61.49%

Does a laptop on battery consume any power with hybrid shutdown? Considering the Windows 8.1 Fast Boot Enabled/Hybrid Shutdown feature.

I was rather surprised to see the significant battery power drain during sleep as referenced in the attached article but I can't seem to get a definitive answer regarding the Hybrid Shutdown state.

How Much Battery Life Does Sleep Mode Really Drain?

A:Power Consumption With Hybrid Shutdown?

Sleep and hybernation are not meant for laptops because during suspension and/or sleep the computer still uses power, altough you can't see or hear it doing that. Sleep and hybrid shutdown are practically the same thing. When you hybrid shutdown Windows 8 it's only being suspended which is exactly the same as sleep mode. That's why it's using power.
In order to save power you need to turn off hybrid shut down. Look here about how to disable it: How to Disable Hybrid Boot and Shutdown in Windows 8
I could show you the same thing but my Windows is entirely in Bulgarian and you wouldn't understand anything.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/61801-power-consumption-hybrid-shutdown.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Can anyone tell me about how much power this router uses a month/year? I would really appreciate it

Relevancy 61.49%

I'm currently in the market for a new graphics card. I'm considering getting the factory overclock 1000mhz 7950 from gpushack for $129 or a used GTX 760 from a friend for $120. My psu is the Evga 500w 80 plus and I have a non overclock fx 6300 cpu. I'm more interested in getting the 7950 because it has 3gb of vram; however, I was checking their power consumption here. http://www.techspot.com/review/496-amd-radeon-7950/page9.html
Is that the power consumption of the GPU only or whole system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-power-consumption-of-the-gigabyte-7950-and-gtx-760.219484/
Relevancy 61.49%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V LX Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled My PSU is Coolermaster eXtreme Power W PSU I built the system in Feburary I am having no problems with the power supply but I am considering upgrading my graphics card to this http www scan co uk products gb- ddr -gpu- mhz- -cores-dl-dvi-i-hdmi-mdp As you can see from this http www techpowerup com reviews AMD HD HD html and is on it the power consumption is quite a bit higher on the more than double It also has two fans while my only has one I am wondering if my PSU can handle it Additionally to the components I have mm fans an optical drive one hard drive and a mm fan for my CPU cooler Also on the note of the new graphics card my motherboard P Z -V LX says on the box quot PCIe Ready quot and below that says quot Full PCIe performance requires a nm CPU quot mines nm However here it doesn t mention the PCIe ports in the specification http www asus com Motherboards Intel Socket P Z V LX specifications Anyway will this affect the performance of the new graphics card in any way Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%
Relevancy 61.49%

So we have all heard that windows 7 gives you better power consumption but I'm curious if anyone out there has tested it yet side by side with another box? Watching a movie perhaps? I plan on doing some testing of my own soon and will post results here as I find out. If you have time do some testing of your own and be sure to post exact hardware specs etc. if possible for us all to examine and learn from. http://greatesttechnologynews.blogspot.com/

A:Windows 7 Lower Power Consumption

That would be great if you could let us know the results. My laptop battery goes dead in about 70 mins even during light use, using Power Saver mode, no wireless, etc. It would be another reason for me to upgrade if this is true.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/254855/windows-7-lower-power-consumption/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello there!

About a year ago I had a Nvidia card: GeForce GT 250 - it crashed and I was forced to throw it away. Last year I got ATI Radeon HD 4850, which I still have. It was only supposed to be temporary.

Now, I'm planning to upgrade it and I have absolutely no idea what video card to get, I want a card from AMD.

I'm not really a gamer, I mostly play old games - the most recent one I have is GTA IV (Dec 2008) so it doesn't need to be a very powerful one. Also, as the title suggests I'm a bit picky when it comes to power consumption.

A comparison table would be a miracle! That even lists my current card (Radeon HD 4850) and power consumption so I have something to leap from.

I've been searching for a while but haven't found any with those two requirements.
Help?
- Tpiom

A:Need a new card... power consumption picky

Exactly what 4800 series card do you have? ie I have a 4890 so about the next step up will be a 5830....

try this site http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-recommendation- upgrade,2803-7.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/135534-need-new-card-power-consumption-picky.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello Techspot I am trying to track down the cause of a VPU error while gaming I have just rebuilt a few yer old PC and got it running after a week of tweaking and numerous windows installs I have a w TT purepower dual v rails a and a This PSU while being brand new is a few years old It was picked up locally out 4670 and VPU Error consumption power of desperation Alright and for the VPU error I wasn t able to find much info on this 4670 power consumption and VPU Error but what I did find was it is the GPU Driver link going non-responsive error picked up by CCC and the GPU is restarted In one case this was due to poor power on the v rail 4670 power consumption and VPU Error This error occurred one hour into L D Alright for the question Is this PSU able to run this system More specifically is the graphics card and the PSU link are there enough amps watts System specs Zotac i value E OCZ gb ram XFX gb WD gb HD LG DVD super multi 4670 power consumption and VPU Error w e w e nbsp

A:4670 power consumption and VPU Error

aksd said:

XFX 4760 1gbClick to expand...

Is that 4670 never heard of 4760.:suspiciou

4670 is a modernate card which doesnt suck much power from your psu infact it works with total the power supplied by the pcie slot. It can run even on 400w psu without any issues and i dont think more amps/watts is required because this card doesnt directly link with the psu. Might be a driver problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4670-power-consumption-and-vpu-error.143372/
Relevancy 61.49%

After reading a few articles, it seems that the 7300GS consumes almost as much as the 3850. So if I can run a 7300GS with a 250W, would it not be plausible that I can do the same with a 3850?

A:Power consumption of video cards?

Maybe but I believe they recommend a minimum 450W power supply for the 3850.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-consumption-of-video-cards.97503/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, do you know how much power consumption is when you hibernate your pc under win7 ?
And how can i create shourtcut to hibernate on keyboard?

A:pc power consumption on hibernate on win7

Hibernate uses no power, other than to keep the clock updated.
Hibernate writes everything in RAM to the disk, and then shuts down the computer. See my post here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/47620-pc-power-consumption-hibernate-win7.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all I am curious about using an old graphics card as a Physx card I am not familiar with using cards in this setup so I am wondering if this arrangement will bring many (or any) benefits

Primary GPU: Zotac geforce 580 GTX http://www.zotac.com/index.php?page...9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=100253&lang=en

Physx GPU: Zotac geforce 9800gt http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002GNYR76/ref=wms_ohs_product_

I am also unsure whether I will have enough power for these two cards running together, this is my power supply http://www.scan.co.uk/products/850w...s-85-eff-sli-eps-12v-80-plus-bronze-140mm-fan

Thanks in advance for any replies

Relevancy 61.06%

Hello all I have Samsung Displays in my room that is connected with my PC is a Question! and Display Consumption Settings Power Samsung LCD Monitor that has native x resolution and the nd one is a new Samsung LED Monitor that has a native x resolution that is just connected with my PS which I hardly use Now as I have noticed the power Display Settings and Power Consumption Question! consumption of my LCD is watts typical and LED is watts typical on official specs on the website I have a small factor UPS connected to my PC as we have frequent power outages black Display Settings and Power Consumption Question! outs in our country and I was wonder if I swap both displays Display Settings and Power Consumption Question! and connect the LED with my PC it will save at approx watts straight according to the official specs also not that the LED comes with a v adapter So will it help Also if I swap display will it shuffle my desktop settings as in icons gadgets etc just asking out of curiosity as I have some custom settings on the desktop which I don't want to mess around with for a time being

A:Display Settings and Power Consumption Question!

Ok BB mate I think as long as the machine's hardware supports the LED monitor / screen then there should not be an issue. Now that does seem like a fairly low res for monitors these days - any reason??

I don't see why the icons should be shuffled around either because the machine is generating them not the monitor that is receiving the signal.

Now you mention the LED does not come with a 12v adaptor and I ma wondering why that should be an issue as long as it is powered from somewhere it should have no relevance to it operating normally.

It is good though that you save on the power and I guess you know already but it is due to the use of LED's to light the screen as opposed to a fluorescent tube/s. Again you probably know already that the current draw of an LED is typically very small compared to other forms of lighting.
This very simplistic but to the point Difference Between LED & LCD | eHow

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/350411-display-settings-power-consumption-question.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

Could anyone tell me what the power consumption of a ssd when the computer is power off?

I've a Toshiba Tecra R840-16J laptop (bougth 6 months ago) with a fresh intalled Plextor M5Pro 512 GB ssd. Yestarday, after a 100% charge, I shutted down the laptop and today (after 16 hours) I turn it on! The battery was at 93% !!!! Is this normal? What could be the cause for this 7% drop?
I use a bluetooth mouse but I thing that when I shut down the laptop everything should be powered off!

Regards,
paulo

A:Tecra R840 - SSD power consumption after shut down

Yes it is normal. I use Toshiba notebooks for years now and I?ve always noticed this. Over the night notebook?s battery always loose few percent of capacity. On some notebook models it was more and on some of them just few percent.

Today I started my Satellite P500 after 6 days and battery capacity was on 87%. It is nothing unusual

Check also follow interesting documents:
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/FAQ9C015N0001R01.htm
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/FAQ9C012L0001R01.htm

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?68538-Tecra-R840-SSD-power-consumption-after-shut-down
Relevancy 61.06%

I've tried to find an answer to this but I'm not the most technically minded so I thought I'd ask here.

I added my Xbox 360 as an extender in media center. However, this is using a massive amount of power from my laptop. I've gone to settings and disabled what I think are processes to media center, but my laptop is still using way too much power.

Thanks for reading, I hope you can help!

A:Problem with media center and power consumption

I'm going to bump the thread, forgive me, I'm desperate!

http://www.vistax64.com/software/228682-problem-media-center-power-consumption.html
Relevancy 61.06%

before u say anything , please read this part , since the title thingy doesnt allow me to write all of it , so here goes , will reverse OCing decrease power consumption in idle stage ? my PC is online 24/7 and since im pretty lazy , i dont really want to OC my GPU every time i get to play games , and reverse the process afterward since my PC mostly just idle all the time ...

A:will reverse OCing decrease power consumption ?

There's no reason to worry once the VGA automatically slows down on idle state.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/49614-will-reverse-ocing-decrease-power-consumption.html
Relevancy 61.06%

ok so i often leave my computer to download stuff at night.is it possible to somehow lower my power consumption and possibly the noise which i am downloading at night?

A:Reduce power consumption to download overnight

Yes you can turn the screen off
I can't think of anything else

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reduce-power-consumption-to-download-overnight.124289/
Relevancy 61.06%

I've decided to replace my older graphic card ( an ATI x300) by a Nvidia 7600GT, which seems to be the best card currently available at the best price.

I need to know if I could experience Power consumption problems with this new card?
I have no idea about changing graphic cards, so any advice is helpful.
I checked inside my PC and I seem to have a 250 watts power block. Would that be enough to run the new card without any problems?

Is it enough to plug the card into the PCI-express slot or are their any cables with the 7600GT?

Thanks in advance

A:Power consumption: from ATI X300 to Nvidia 7600GT

I'm assuming you have yet to try to install this new card, I know my friend has a 7600GT and it does not have an additional power plug it just draws all its power directly from the MOBO, not sure of what the actual power demands are but 250 watts is kinda weak, you can pick up a no-name power supply that puts out 450 watts for 50 dollars if you notice any problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-consumption-from-ati-x300-to-nvidia-7600gt.101742/
Relevancy 61.06%

Quote:
Just like the song says, it's not easy being green. At least, not in some areas.
Spending ages sorting out your rubbish according to seemingly arbitrary rules and then reading that it's not actually recycled but shipped to some third-world landfill is enough to make you wonder if it's worth the effort.
Fortunately there are simpler ways to make a very real impact. A 300W PC system left on all the time with no power management will create around 1,400kg of CO2, as well as adding ?289 to your annual electricity bill (assuming a charge of 11p per kWh).
You may be able to cut this by a third, even if the system remains powered up all the time, making a positive impact on the planet and saving yourself close to ?100. Even tiny changes can have significant effects: here's what you need to know.

Source -
The ultimate guide to reducing your PC's power consumption | News | TechRadar UK

A:Ultimate guide to reducing your PC's power consumption

Nice article. Done, done and done...before I read this article.

Windows Vista and 7 power saving modes is the #1 reason I switched over, good find!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/54067-ultimate-guide-reducing-your-pcs-power-consumption.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey, i was wondering if its possible to lower my HD4890s idle power consumption by lowering its clocks when im not doing anything demanding? currently it clocks itself down to 250mhz when idle,however the ram stays at 1005mhz.. my Overclock settigs are 905mhz core,1005mhz memory.

A:Lower idle power consumption -HD4890

Sure. Follow this, but lower clock instead. Might want to stability checks too just to make sure it works.
Graphics Card - Overclock

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/113561-lower-idle-power-consumption-hd4890.html
Relevancy 60.2%

This article will help in the endless debate about how large a power supply you need to run a gaming card. The tests show conclusively that the answer is an undeniable: "It depends"!

Interesting. Enjoy.

Power Consumption of Contemporary Graphics Accelerators: Spring 2010 - X-bit labs

A:Article: Power Consumption of Contemporary Graphics Cards

here's a slightly more modern list, including a lot more cards:

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/214497-article-power-consumption-contemporary-graphics-cards.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello i did the offered upgrade to W i am very satisfied with the W system but the problem is that the notebook is consuming battery also in the hibernate mode I would understand that the power consumption will be in the sleep mode but on the hibernate mode I power - - mode Win8 Tecra in hibernate consumption R840 found out that when the computer enters the sleep mode or hibernate mode and i open the lid the computer automatically starts EVEN if the option to quot power up computer when lid open quot is unchecked When i select to power off computer - it does not react to open lid i have to press the power button The problem could be in the windows system that the OS tolds the computer to wake up when the lid closed The problem is that the computer starts charging everytime i wake up from hibernation i had my office minutes from Tecra R840 - Win8 - power consumption in hibernate mode home and it consumes about - from battery It is quite anoying that my full charge battery capacity is on of original one i bought my Tecra R840 - Win8 - power consumption in hibernate mode PC in June I had Lenovo T yrs ago and there was an option to start charging the battery only when the battery charge was under and it saves the battery capacity Does anybody have some clue Thank you

A:Tecra R840 - Win8 - power consumption in hibernate mode

Fact is that battery capacity will be reduced even if the notebook is completely OFF. Battery capacity will lose few percent of capacity. To reduce this check - http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/FAQ9C015N0001R01.htm
Useful document for you can be also http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9401AZ0001R01.htm

> I had Lenovo T60 7yrs ago, and there was an option to start charging the battery only when the battery charge was under 95% and it saves the battery capacity.
As far as I know such option is not available on Toshiba notebooks. When connected to AC power supply notebook starts to load battery automatically.
There is no option to change anything.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71327-Tecra-R840-Win8-power-consumption-in-hibernate-mode
Relevancy 58.91%

Read here for instructions.

What it fixes:

Period of time before the computer goes to sleep is set too long

Screen saver is used instead of setting the computer to enter sleep mode

Display brightness is set too high

Power plan is not set to the most efficient power plan

Wireless adaptor in not optimized for power saving

Minimum processor state is set too high

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A:Laptop/Notebook Users - Battery Life And Power Consumption Fix From Microsoft

flavallee said:

Read here for instructions.

What it fixes:

Period of time before the computer goes to sleep is set too long

Screen saver is used instead of setting the computer to enter sleep mode

Display brightness is set too high

Power plan is not set to the most efficient power plan

Wireless adaptor in not optimized for power saving

Minimum processor state is set too high

-----------------------------------------------------------------Click to expand...

My laptop (Dell Inspiron 1501) runs XP Home SP3 and this is what I got at the link provided.

We're sorry, but your operating system is not supported by Microsoft Fix it at this time.Click to expand...

Any idea what that is about? Perhaps my Firewall (Comodo)? No popup from it.

Not a biggie for me as I'm somewhat skeptical of anything automatic MS comes out with. But I am curious as to why my system is not supported by MS Fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-notebook-users-battery-life-and-power-consumption-fix-from-microsoft.1007555/
Relevancy 58.91%

This has probably been asked but I couldn't find anything directly relating to my problem Last week I lost my internet called my ISP and it was a problem with the modem They replaced the modem and since then surge? Wireless power internet is no access, router connected, my wireless router has not worked I assume I had a power surge that blew both Wireless router is connected, no internet access, power surge? the modem and the router I quot borrowed quot my mother's router same brand but better model which the laptop has been connected to before I am still getting connected but it's saying that there is no internet access The lights on the router are either a solid orange or blinking orange I have already tried the resets changed the IPv moved the router around ect I have full wired internet but I am running into and tripping over the cords running all over the house running to laptop PS iPhone and iPod There is no support for the routers both are Belkin unless I pay for a min phone call My aunt does IT and figures it's something in the house stopping the wireless signal from being picked up but she's not Like I said both routers have been used for all my devices before Is there any settings that I could look into Factory reset did nothing either Any help or advice would be great

A:Wireless router is connected, no internet access, power surge?

Don't expect a useful replly when you so seriously short your help of valuable facts. For example, the router has many lights. Exactly which one is orange. And then quote the router manual where it says what orange for that one router means.

You post is even vague about what connects to what. Does it work wired but not wireless? Do computers talk to each other but not connect to the internet? Do wired computers connect to the internet? You did not even list he model number so that others can discover needed facts that you withheld.

Every light even has a specific name, a specific function, and maybe various colors. Orange means different things for different electronics. What does the manual say a flashing orange light means? And what do the other colors for that light report?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/258651-wireless-router-connected-no-internet-access-power-surge.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm obsessed with airpano.ru. When viewing a place on high resolution, my system's temperature rises to within eight degrees of TJ max (72 degrees). Each core is running at 100%.
Would a new graphics card solve the problem or do I need a whole new system ?
Suggestions, please.

A:Some Hardware Suggestions Please

uySounds like your system needs more ram because its pushing itself to the limit. I see you have 8gb; however it appears that is not sufficient to power the graphics card. I would up the amount of ram thats in your system and see if that does anything. Also; as for the temps; take the fan off the cpu and make sure the thermal paste hasnt degraded. The reason i say that is thats what happened to me about a week or so ago. The temp of my cpu was spiking to dangerous temps. I had to replace the processor anyways so at the same time i put new thermal paste on the heat sink and that took care of the issue; so i would check that as over time the paste degrades from heat.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/333538-some-hardware-suggestions-please.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Well, I will be slowly upgrading my computer, and need help choosing the right hardware! (gaming)

What i need is a motherboard which will run intel core quad and i7 (can be both???), and have ddr3 ram slots. Nothing expensive Im studying. ATX .

Graphics cards? i heard the newer ATI ones are better than the nvidia ones. Now i dont want to spend more than 80 pounds on the internet.

I think i can handle the rest.

Relevancy 54.18%

How do you think I would best upgrade a dec. of 1999, here are the specs:

AMD Duron ~800MHz
GeForce 2 MX400 64MB
sound: heck if I know, but everything usually sounds fine, so no worries there
CD drive
CD-RW drive
320MB RAM (I forgot which kind, but it's the newer kind, not DDRAM though... I don't think... =\)
3.5" floppy drive
heck if I know the mobo, or will ever know it.

if you need anymore info ask and I'll try to put it up here if I can find it, and try to keep the prices reasonable, I'm poor, hehe.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi It s possible that I may Hardware Suggestions upgrade to a better computer sometime this year and I wanted some suggestions on hardware based on my preferences I m currently running the following OS Windows XP Professional SP Motherboard Asus M A-VM Processor AMD Athlon X GHz Memory Crucial GB DDR PC - MHz x Samsung DDR MB PC - MHz x Video Card ATI Radeon HD PRO MB Power Supply Ultra W X-Finity I mostly multitask with Web-browsing light gaming office productivity Word Ecel etc and occasionally an audio player I frequently find myself with several Notepad Word and Excel documents open as well as - Firefox browsers with several tabs each open and occasionally a game and or audio player running and that s the kind of situation I m looking for a computer to be able to handle smoothly and Hardware Suggestions without slowdowns I am dissatisfied with my computer s speed when multitasking even though it has a dual-core processor as well as graphical glitches like minimizing or closing a window that was overlapping another and the former leaves a blank outline over the window that remains slow startup to minutes cold my wife s running Vista and her s seems to start up much faster compared Hardware Suggestions to mine which includes a couple lengthy black screens in between the motherboard screen and Windows XP loading screen and finally to the desktop I see that as time wasted - is XP slower than Vista on startup I was just wondering based on my current hardware where I could improve perhaps some examples of current products and your reason why the new hardware is better Also I was wondering about hard drives and fans My computer cleaned out regularly by me physically dust and such seems to make an awful lot of noise at times seems like when the HDD is looking up something but I opened the tower up and thought the noise was coming from the CPU fan The noise is kind of a grinding sound and it occurs from time to time but I ve made sure no wires or anything are obstructing the fan blades I m not happy with it and it sounds destructive I just want a quiet computer Also what are the pro s and con s for HDD s and SSD s I have always used HDD s and am not familiar with the latter other than minor Wikipedia research And what is better more reliable if any difference when talking about RPM my current one is a Hitachi GB really GB probably taken up by Windows those resource pirates RPM I ll never have a need for a main high-capacity HDD I only use GB at the moment or if you count what s taken up by presumably Windows and that s with a copy of my files on the HDD as well as a duplicate on my TB WD EHD got that this past Black Friday for because I was scared my HDD was going to go kaput and I wanted a backup anyway Thoughts between old or higher if they exist and those new to me SSD s I gave you my useage preferences earlier Now here are my hardware preferences I like room in my tower I d probably opt for a standard ATX model as my current one is a quot Mini-Tower mATX Chassis quot that I got pre-built from TigerDirect back in without doing my research Not roomy at all - I can t even put in RAM without squeezing my hand in there past the bundled up cables Perhaps a removable motherboard would be ideal I know they re all removable but I mean something that s an easy quot quick remove quot type I like a lot of space on the motherboard so it s not all cramped so again probably an ATX motherboard For processors I was thinking one of the AMD Phenom II X or X My friend got the X BE and says his computer is really fast I was reading however that multiprocessing demands a lot and even modern dual-core CPU s can have a hard time keeping up which was why I didn t take a quad-core off the table I have a dual-core CPU at the moment and it is faster than my old P single-core but I guess I ve gotten spoiled with speed and now I want something even faster My computer seems ok I have no complaints doing basic stuff like using Windows Explorer to navigate thr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-suggestions.972933/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Dell Dimension 3100, and am looking for ways to speed it up, hardware wise. I have all ready upgraded to 2gb of ram, 32mb cache 320gb hardrive. I also am using Windows 7, as I have found for me it is MUCH faster than XP. I haven't upgraded the CPU or Graphics card. If I upgrade the CPU, I think I have to upgrade the Graphics as well, as it is built in, I think??

I currently have an un-upgraded Celero 3.06Ghz and am on 32bit.

What's the next thing I should do?

A:Hardware suggestions to boost PC?

The Celeron is your main problem. It is a major bottleneck in your system. For gaming, you would need a video card upgrade as well, but you can only use a PCI-E x1 card or a PCI card. I recommend a GeForce 6200 PCI card for all-around good performance, but the best possible PCI card right now is the 9400GT PCI.

I would not recommend upgrading that system for gaming though. A new system would be much better suited to that. You can replace the motherboard, CPU, video card and RAM for $300-400. The performance increase compared to upgrading your current system will be very significant.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-to-boost-pc.127663/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have never put together a system from scratch, would like to do it for the experience sake. I have done other hardware work, installed drives, etc.

I have a barebones case with a power supply. What exactly do I need to buy next, motherboard I assume....suggestions on kind without going extreme for pricing sake. And a good place to buy?

Relevancy 53.32%

Doing custom build for trial of Linux distros having kernels 2.4.31 to 2.6.29. I will be using AMD processor, and three mobile-rack dedicated hard disk drives (500 to 750GB each). Prefer Nvidia graphics card, if possible (but it must not be 'HDCP-compliant' or 'HDCP-ready'). No Intel or Sony products. Price is not a consideration. Other than these provisos, I'm open to any specific hardware recommendations or general guidance, in choosing components best suited to this build.

A:Hardware suggestions sought

Good luck with that graphics card ... ? :S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-sought.186630/
Relevancy 52.89%

When I am trying to connect my All-in-XPS - DELL XPS18 1810, to the power source it's indicator LED light is just blinking. Battery is showing 2-4% and when the charge is drained it will shut down. In the BIOS it is saying battery is still good. Is it a problem with some IC component is burnt due to voltage issues or something like that? Power adapter is also seems to be fine. We tried it with a different adapter but the result is still the same.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19982130
Relevancy 52.89%

When I am trying to connect my All-in-XPS - DELL XPS18 1810, to the power source it's indicator LED light is just blinking. Battery is showing 2-4% and when the charge is drained it will shut down. In the BIOS it is saying battery is still good. Is it a problem with some IC component is burnt due to voltage issues or something like that? Power adapter is also seems to be fine. We tried it with a different adapter but the result is still the same.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982130
Relevancy 52.89%

I need to play games on a basic HP Pavilion 753n Comp. Nothing yet has been upgraded, I want a new motherboard for under 100$, one that can support the following (which is also wanted):

RAM-US Modular Cold Fusion Dual Channel 2048MB PC8500 DDR2 1066MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB)
this is a link to the page with the RAM I would like to have "http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2948163&CatId=2531"

Processor-3.0Ghz or higher.

Video Card- at least 512mb, not for modeling, but games.
Hopefully I can keep this around 300$ (excluding the processor, so only adding RAM, Motherboard, and Videocard)

I AM NOT AN EXTREME GAMER so I do not want top of the line hardware.

Thanks so much!

mike

Relevancy 52.89%

My computer although was fast in the past is getting old - years can t remember I think some of the hardware is getting old and broken Video Suggestions what determine how replaced? be needs to to on hardware card is going out I think Ram as well Maybe CPU I can not tell though Might just be a virus I need to either replace the faulty hardware while simultaneously upgrading some things or determine if it would be better to just get a new computer There is a game coming out hopefully soon SWTOR and I will need my computer to be in better operating condition than it is now I am certain I will Suggestions on how to determine what hardware needs to be replaced? upgrade the video card but if everything else needs to be replaced too then I Suggestions on how to determine what hardware needs to be replaced? will just get a new computer Suggestions on how to determine what hardware needs to be replaced? and upgrade the video card in it I do not know how to determine what is faulty though Is there a tool benchmark type thing that can test my hardware to see if it is getting old and needs to be replaced Any suggestions nbsp

A:Suggestions on how to determine what hardware needs to be replaced?

You could start by posting the details of the problem or problems you're having. If your video card, RAM, and processor were all broken, your computer wouldn't even power on.

Viruses are software problems and can either be fixed with software and configuration changes, or they can definitely be fixed by reinstalling Windows. Viruses don't damage hardware, and replacing hardware won't fix a virus problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-on-how-to-determine-what-hardware-needs-to-be-replaced.999210/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi sorry this maybe OT or not in the right place but this is one of the few places i could think to post this books any hardware/OS suggestions win8 on about question along time ago i started to read Peter Norton's Inside the PC th edition which i had loaned from the library sent it back and due to work commitments i didn't carry on with my research i know its a much criticized any suggestions on books about win8 hardware/OS book i want to know if there exists now a book that would cover the modern PC at the level that the above mentioned book did i know there probably isn't such a book but i was wondering if there's a series of books not necessarily by the same author that would start off like the norton book and then go on to explain the hardware software i e operating system of a modern PC lets say windows in great detail and its relationship to a PC's hardware- even if someone could give me a mixture of books and internet resources both free and paid for that would give me a any suggestions on books about win8 hardware/OS deeper understanding of the workings of a modern PC like norton attempted to do cost is not a problem but i would like the material to be comprehensive and reliable and from trusted authors please help

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/73431-any-suggestions-books-about-win8-hardware-os.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if this post is in the wrong threads.

Anyway, I'm looking to do some gaming, not really high graphic demanding games but decent. Id like for some good advice on hardware upgrades, Ive listed my system specs below. I think i need a new graphics card ,but im not sure seeing as Ive never play a game on this computer.

Motherboard: ASUStek Model:Salmon Chipset: HPSIS760 Anthlon 64
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+
Graphics Card: SIS 760
RAM:1.2GB

Let me know if any other information is needed to make the suggestions.

A:Computer hardware suggestions for gaming

Assuming your PC has a PCI-Express slot you could upgrade the graphics but you may also need to upgrade your power supply and your CPU is pretty low end so you want to find a video card that would match the CPU.

What's your budget for upgrades? What games do you want to play?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-hardware-suggestions-for-gaming.155124/
Relevancy 52.46%

For about a year now i have been reconsidering my decision to get a laptop prior to going off to college thinking that building need suggestions hardware time comp, on first the portability of it will be first time building comp, need suggestions on hardware more important to me considering my degree plan and the need to take it to classes and the library Well i will admit that it is handy to take it and write papers in the library but thats about it I have never taken it to class and i find myself wishing that i had gone with a desktop pc instead Mainly due to its higher power and quot umpf quot factor So this year i have been looking around on all the big computer sites building computers trying to get an idea of what i want needed i ended up seriously considering a dell xps system but then experimented in the barebones kit area on tigerdirect com I ended up building or choosing parts that wound up being about dollars cheaper than the dell with about the same performance atleast what i could tell Now my big concern is really if this rig that i have quot assembled quot will do what i need it to do What im looking for is a computer that will be able to handle most of the games out there with very decent graphics speed effeciency I will also need it to be able to do all the other school related stuff With that being said here is the rig Barebones Kit Ultra Blue Aluminus ATX Full-Tower Case with the Intel D XBXLKR Motherboard Watt X-Finity PS amp x MB Ultra DDR PC Memory CPU Intel Pentium D GHz MB Cache FSB OEM Socket Dual-Core Processor Hard Drive Maxtor DiamondMax GB MB SATA- RoHS OEM Hard Drive GPU EVGA GeForce GT MB GDDR SLI PCI Express DVI VGA TV Out Video Card CDROM Liteon x Black CD-ROM OEM Drive DVDROM Lite-on SHD- P S x DVD-ROM x CD-ROM Black Internal Drive Other Drive YE Data USB All-In-One Internal Floppy Drive in card reader and floppy disk CPU Fan Cooler Master Hyper Socket Copper Heatpipe CPU Cooling Fan Case Fan Ultra Blue Titanium mm Ball Bearing Fan all for the low low price of buy today With that here are some questions about this equipment i have Processors AMD or Intel From my searching it seems as though Intel has got a hold on the Multicore Processors market Atleast theirs seem to be more affordable and more engineered towards household computing AMD seems to be more towards high performance gaming and more expensive is this a correct assumption Motherboards while the barebone kit site doesnt have a direct link to the mobo its not hard to find it on the website what are the main things to look for in a motherboard i know to look for one that will match up with the case form factor enough ram slots to expand into making sure that the mobo supports the cpu making sure that the video card slot lines up with the actual card agp vs pciE but is there anything else that i need to pay special attention to VC s big question is ATI vs Nvidia I have talked to many people in stores like circuit city and best buy and they say that its really a personal tast issue The one that ive got right now works in the mobo and hopefully will be able to support most of the games that im looking at playing BF Black hawk down Halo Half Life etc Now im not looking for mind blowing dollar graphics Im more interested in a card that will run these games with great grapgics and not cost me an arm and a leg If i could put it on a - scale one lowest it d be just above mid range about - Im looking to spend no more than but anywhere from - would be great any suggestions power supply s i just read a thread concerning PS s made by ultra aparently its not a very reliable supply whats strange however is that ultra is one of tigerdirects where i build this rig most popular sellers must be doing somethig right The hard drive im not worried about right now gig oughta do me for quite awhile seeing as i dont keep many games on my hard drive as it is albeit its only a gig another area is cooling the fan ive got works with the cpu and has very good ratin... Read more

A:first time building comp, need suggestions on hardware

for now you should certanly stick with AMD on a socket AM2(Fx-62?)
and stay away from that video card it uses only GDDR2(not really high end card,cant handle full detail games) memory it's a 512mb but you can get better FPS with a 256mb GDDR3 card.
7800GT 256MB ; ATI X1800XTX ; 7900GTX ; ATI X1900XT
It's like the best you can get. Oh...and 7950 GT <- the dual card.
Of course only if you have enough money for the hardware i just mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-building-comp-need-suggestions-on-hardware.52629/
Relevancy 52.46%

If you will look at my system specks you will see what my present system consist of My plans are to replace my mobo with a Z Add gb SSD Up my memory to gb's Upgrade my video card I probably will not go crossfire or SLI Add higher wattage PSU Also buy couple more HD's Here is where I need help I have never My Steps for new Suggestions Up (Upgrading) hardware Setting setup an SSD for quick sync I have never setup a RAID configuration I am presently researching exactly what Brand and Models of Hardware I want Before anyone asks Suggestions for Steps Setting Up My new hardware (Upgrading) I will explain why I am doing this I am a student in computer science about one more semester away from associates degree My needs with this system is to learn more by doing I want to experiment with overclocking both ram and cpu This is what I simply want to buy and do I don't want to have many questions unanswered while I am rebuilding my system to minimize issues with the setup process If you have suggestions or know of some links that will explain step by step what to do first to last I would appreciate it

A:Suggestions for Steps Setting Up My new hardware (Upgrading)

As most new MOBO's now have a uEFI BIOS.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI BIOS:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

For more info on uEFI:
Windows and GPT FAQ
Unified Extensible Firmware Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UEFI and Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/211028-suggestions-steps-setting-up-my-new-hardware-upgrading.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So I m thinking of building a personal file- server I have some ideas about what I should get but seeing as I currently don t have money for building it it s still in planning stage I m thinking of building a RAID server which runs on Linux which distro I do not yet know Taking suggestions for personal server hardware but I m considering later Ubuntu versions While I say personal I will still allow my family and closest friends access to it maybe over LAN only for security reasons if this is possible Seeing as I have many many large files there is also a great need for disk space Therefore I am thinking of buying five hard disks one terabyte each for RAID where one will be lost for parity and one small ish hard disk for the O S to run from I also am thinking of running software RAID so I am not going to use money on external RAID controller unless absolutely necessary Requirements for hardware are Chassis Must be able to house six hard drives and at least one CD DVD rom drive Taking suggestions for personal server hardware Does not need floppy Must be able to install sufficient cooling May or may not include PSU Motherboard Integrated sound graphics network card RAID support DDR MHz or higher RAM support At least six SATA connectors Also at least one IDE connector for CD DVD rom drive CPU Probably dual-core with decent frequency Not sure what to say here Obviously must be supported by mobo Memory Two or four gigabytes of or higher MHz DDR RAM Hard drives Five hard drives with at least TB each Used in RAID One cheap hard drive with preferably RPM for O S All of these must be SATA SATAII drives No Samsung drives had enough troubles with them in the past EDIT May start with less drives in RAID if I understood the quot mdadm quot command correctly as in that you can add additional drives semi- easily later on CD DVD drive IDE drive No other requirements Used mainly for installing the O S not much else All of this should not cost more than little less than Some extra may be used for cooling and possible PSU Absolute maximum is Taking suggestions will probably build this in November as a personal birthday present for myself nbsp

A:Taking suggestions for personal server hardware

What did you deside on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/taking-suggestions-for-personal-server-hardware.108711/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am looking to build a gaming rig and it's been a while. I was hoping someone could point me to two things:
1) The hardware that is recommended
2) A reliable place online to get the parts

Based on my limited knowledge, I am guessing at things like;

10,000rpm drives - Raid 0

SLI or Crossfire video cards(2)

650 Watt P/S

2GB Memory, not sure what memory is low latency or how to tell, I'm guessing numbers like 2 2 2 2 2 is best?

Windows XP Pro

Intel quad processor

No clue about what motherboard brand to go with. I have had bad luck with Gigabyte, I know that...

Thanks so much in advance!

Relevancy 52.46%

First suggestions far…. need on picks first hardware box, so Building off I d like to say what a great and informative board I ve learned a lot here In the last few years I ve had Gateway Building first box, need suggestions on hardware picks so far…. and Dell machines Have installed HD s vid sound and network cards memory-etc I think I m ready to build one myself now But picking individual components is one thing Getting them all together at once AND making sure they are compatible Building first box, need suggestions on hardware picks so far…. is what if feel I need help on I plan on moving a GB Maxtor GB Maxtor Maxtor USB drive DVD Building first box, need suggestions on hardware picks so far…. burner CD burner keyboard mouse LCD monitor from my Dell P I plan on doing a lot of VHS VHS-C Hi transfers to DVD Also all our photos are now digital Also want to do LP to CD transfers Loved playing the early DOOM games would like to be able to play D -other than that I m not a full time game player This is what I have looked at so far and want to know if my selections are OK I would like to stay around bucks but would go as high as Suggestions on memory brand speed etc would be nice-still a little unsure on that Would like GB but budget wise might have to do If I ve left anything out or if one brand would be better suited with another please let me know TIA Tom AMD Athlon KB L Cache Socket -bit Processor - Retail Model ADA BIBOX Item N E Specifications Model Athlon Core Winchester Operating Frequency GHz FSB Integrated into Chip Cache L K K L KB Voltage V Process nm Socket Socket Multimedia Instruction MMX SSE SSE DNOW DNOW Warranty -year MFG Packaging Retail with Heatsink and Fan ASUS quot A V Deluxe quot VIA K T Pro Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket CPU -RETAIL Model A V DELUXE Item N E Specifications Supported CPU AMD Athlon Athlon FX Chipset K T Pro VT RAM x DIMM Dual Channel DDR Max GB Slots x AGP X x PCI Ports x PS x COM x LPT x USB Rear x IEEE x RJ x S PDIF out Audio Ports IDE x ATA up to Devices x ATA up to Devices by Promise with RAID SATA x Serial ATA with RAID x Serial ATA by Promise with RAID Onboard Audio Realtek ALC -CH Onboard LAN Marvell E GbE Onboard IEEE x ports Form Factor ATX ANTEC Life Style Series Black Case With W Power Supply Model quot SONATA quot Model SONATA Item N E Specifications Case Type Mid Tower Color Piano Black Material mm SECC Steel Drive Bays quot x quot x external internal Expansion Slots Front Ports xUSB amp xIEEE amp Audio Power Supply W Cooling System x mm Fans Rear Mainboard Compatibility Standard ATX Dimensions quot x quot x quot CHAINTECH nVIDIA GeForce FX LE Video Card MB DDR -bit DVI TV-Out AGP Model quot SA L quot -RETAIL Model SA L Item N E Specifications Chipset Core Speed nVIDIA GeForce FX LE MHz Memory Effective Speed MB DDR MHz BUS AGP X X Ports VGA Out Pin D-Sub TV-Out S-Video Out DVI connector Support D API DirectX OpenGL Cable Accessories Cable Manual CD Max email protected Color email protected Retail Box See pics for details nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I am looking to build a gaming rig and it's been a while. I was hoping someone could point me to two things:
1) The hardware that is recommended
2) A reliable place online to get the parts

Based on my limited knowledge, I am guessing at things like;

10,000rpm drives - Raid 0

SLI or Crossfire video cards(2)

650 Watt P/S

2GB Memory, not sure what memory is low latency or how to tell, I'm guessing numbers like 2 2 2 2 2 is best?

Windows XP Pro

Intel quad processor

No clue about what motherboard brand to go with. I have had bad luck with Gigabyte, I know that...

Thanks so much in advance!

A:Computer Build Hardware Suggestions - Gaming Rig

Go with an ASUS board. I've been runing them for about 4 years and haven't haed a problem with them and I've run about 3 of them. Do yourself a favor though, make sure you run DDR2 Dual channel. You'll thank yourself for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-build-hardware-suggestions-gaming-rig.95354/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a ECS P4.945GCT-M/1333 (3.0) 775 mATX Motherboard and I installed Intel E2180 cpu and put memory stick on it. The computer won't boot - the cpu fan moved a second when I plugged in the power, and the stopped. If I disconnect the auxillary power cable, the CPU fan just can start, but of course it won't post. If I also disconnect the cpu fan, the power supply fan starts and I can see keyboard lights turned on for a second.

I measured the power on auxillary cable and it is ok: 2 12v and 2 GND. I am pretty sure that the power supply is good: I put on another power supply there and it is the same thing.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Technology see me finally replacing SCSI RAID Hard SATA Suggestions - DVD Burner Hardware and Drive on my workstation with Hardware Suggestions - DVD Burner and SATA Hard Drive SATA RAID Looking for reliability better performance and quiet-cool At the same time I am going to replace the SCSI DVD with an EIDE or SATA DVD R DVD-RW There in lies the problem Can you guys tell me what is the most up-to-date DVD -R RW with CD-R RW I have no idea what the and the - mean Would this drive on egghead be a good choice or is there something better I should consider Cheaper is of course better I can not post URL but this is on newegg SAMSUNG Black IDE DVD Burner Model TS-H U BEBN BLK - OEM As for the hard drive I first mentioned I want to go to a mirrored setup I have an Asus MB with EIDE SATA FW and USB What is better SATA- or SATA- GB RPM should be fine right How about this one Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive - OEM I want to edit video with Adobe Premiere and have a GHz P and GB PC What do you think Thank you Matthew nbsp

A:Hardware Suggestions - DVD Burner and SATA Hard Drive

ThreeDL said:

Hi:

Technology see me finally replacing SCSI RAID 5 on my workstation with SATA RAID 1 (Looking for reliability, better performance, and quiet-cool). At the same time I am going to replace the SCSI DVD with an EIDE or SATA DVD+R (DVD-RW).

There in lies the problem. Can you guys tell me what is the most up-to-date DVD+-R(RW) with CD-R(RW). I have no idea what the + and the - mean. Would this drive on egghead be a good choice, or is there something better I should consider. Cheaper is of course better:

(I can not post URL, but this is on newegg)
SAMSUNG Black IDE DVD Burner Model TS-H552U/BEBN BLK - OEMClick to expand...

That's fine--the - and + is a different format--some DVDs are - and some are plus--most today burn to both formats and I would get a drive that burns to both formats. You don't need a CD-RW if you have a DVD-RW. I only have one drive. You may want one for CD to CD copiesa and if you have the room.

ThreeDL said:

As for the hard drive I first mentioned, I want to go to a mirrored setup. I have an Asus MB with EIDE, SATA, FW and USB2.

?What is better, SATA-150 or SATA-3GB?
?7200 RPM should be fine, right?

How about this one:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3250823AS 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

I want to edit video with Adobe Premiere, and have a 3.2 GHz P4 and 2GB PC3200.

What do you think?
Thank you:
MatthewClick to expand...

I think you should go with a WD Raptor 74 Gig 10,000 RPM drive--its really fast, then get a large data drive as a second drive--that's what I did specifically for video editing. You might want to check out the thread I started

http://forums.techguy.org/t398389.html

about the best SATA hard drive (excluding the Raptor)--as I understand it, 150/3G isn't as important as whether its NCQ or not.

I see no reason to have a large hard drive as the primary hard drive, frankly. Especially not when you can have a faster drive as the primary.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-suggestions-dvd-burner-and-sata-hard-drive.399094/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys, I know how to assemble a computer and everything. I've just been out of the game when it comes to hardware and everything. I already have a 1TB harddrive from the current system, but I was hoping someone could link me to some quality parts. My budget is at 800 USD (remember, no harddrive), and it will be used for gaming/media.

The main things I need are a GPU and motherboard...

Amazon links please, im a premier customer there.

Relevancy 51.6%

i am trying to setup alert by email on specific hardware or system events server is having Windows Server R OS I see following events are logged on to Event Log by sources Power-On source Kernel-General Event ID Level Information Improper Power-Off Shut-down source EventLog Event ID Level Error Improper Power-Off Shut-down source Kernel-Power Event ID Level Critical Proper Power-Off Shut-down source Kernel-General Event ID Level Information OS Crash Blue-screen source BugCheck Event ID Level Error I had been hardware event system (power-on, os power-off, server or alert crash) trying to set alert by email on these events and since its pretty easy to setup by Scheduled Task manager or directly attaching task for certain events on Event Viewer However none of these works I guess the reason may be the Task Scheduler service always starts after all those events are logged on to Event-Log because Event Log service always starts first I even tried setting-up alert in Performance Monitor by creating a User Defined Data Collector Set use System Up-time as performance counter and set an alert to send email when it reaches below seconds however this didn't work too the data server hardware or system event alert (power-on, power-off, os crash) collector set is not started when server is rebooted I will appreciate if someone can advise on the solution by using Windows Server R built-in functionalities and not using any third-party tools Thanks and have a great day

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b39b8cdf-82bd-429f-9419-014c4e2a2512/server-hardware-or-system-event-alert-poweron-poweroff-os-crash?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all nbsp nbsp This is an odd one I have a T s that I'm cleaning up for our company I discovered that it would power on fine when on battery without the power cord connected When the power cord is connected it won't come on at all I dug into the BIOS connected on power power ... cord without T430s won't and found a setting that had been disabled for it to power on with the power cord Don't know why the prior user would have it that way Now that I've changed that it powers on fine with the power cord connected but not when it's on battery The power cord is fine When I power it up it T430s won't power on without power cord connected ... shows it's charging the battery And I used two different power cords Also if I press the power button when the power cord is disconnected nothing happens but I plug the power cord in and it immediately boots as though something had been going on but I just couldn't see it And lastly even when this is supposedly completely and absolutely shut down the green light on the fingerprint scanner blinks slowly nbsp Does anyone have any thoughts on getting this to boot like a normal laptop and turning off that blinking light I'm sure that light isn't a huge power drain but I'm also sure it can't be normal for this to be on when it is supposedly shut down nbsp Many thanks

A:T430s won't power on without power cord connected ...

If you pull the power cord out while it is running, does it immediately die?  Are you sure the battery is good?  Is it a Lenovo or aftermarket battery?  I have seen aftermarket batteries act like they are good and charge, but really don't work.  As far as the fingerprint reader, go into the BIOS.  Under security/fingerprint, erase fingerprint data.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T430s-won-t-power-on-without-power-cord-connected-but-battery-is/td-p/3369075
Relevancy 51.17%

Okay I live in the dorms in college well actually they are not the dorms but overflow apartments because the dorms were full not sure if it matters but thought i should add I brought my wireless netgear router with me to wireless room access losing on to Connected dorm internet but router connected school to plug my Ps into and to Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room download certain things the school blocks on the regular wireless internet So I plug my Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room router into the jack in the room and then run wireless to my laptop and wired to my Ps I set up the router and it determined the internet connection is DHCP I set the router to obtain I P and DNS addresses dynamically and it won t work then i set it to use static addresses the address that it picked up dynamically It then works for awhile sometimes a few hours and sometimes less than an hour To get it to work again all I have to do is set it back to dynamic wait a couple minutes and move it back to static When I lose connection my playstation says its a DNS error my roommate plugs his laptop directly into the jack on the wall because he doesn t have a wireless card and he hasn t said anything about losing his connection But once i plugged him into the router he loses his connection just like me I am sure i am forgetting something important if anymore info is needed I will add Please help it is really getting annoying changing the setting on the router nbsp

A:Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room

If you don't use the router at all, does your Internet connection stay active?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-but-losing-internet-access-on-wireless-router-connected-to-dorm-room.136082/
Relevancy 51.17%

I thought i was reasonably PC savvy but after reading some of these posts I realise that I have no idea network connected Solved: internet but to Vista wireless connected not - please be gentle I am living in a boarding hostel which has Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected a wireless network via Mac Airports which I have connected to - it says that the signal strength is good though it does appear to fluctuate This wireless connection uses a proxy server to connect to the internet so that they have some control over what the students can see My problem is that I can connect to the network but not always to the internet using firefox the internet seems to cut in and out and if it is connected it runs VERY slowly and most often Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected times out even when opening something simple like google com What I need to know is how can I tell if this is a PC issue or network issue I Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected ran the intel PROset diagnostics tool and it says that the ping test failed no response default gateway DHCP server Some things that I ve tried other computers seem to work fine on the network disabled windows firewall talked to the techs but since they re mac users they weren t familiar with vista and therefire not too much help Ideas on what to do please nbsp

A:Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected

got it sorted now) It appears that even though my PC said the signal was strong enough, it wasn't (Vista must need a very stong and consistent wireless connection) After some searching I found that one of the airports in the building had been switched off and even though it was the furthest from my room, it made a big difference when activated...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-connected-to-wireless-network-but-internet-not-connected.726479/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there I have a weird problem here I have two laptops Laptop A is my personal one using at home Laptop B is my company laptop The problem is about my laptop B When I use my laptop B at work everything works perfectly When I get home this laptop could connect to Skype but just can not browse website I used ping and found that it can only ping IP address instead of websites I first thought that maybe the DNS server was screwed Then I used my laptop A to test Laptop A and Laptop B have the identical settings both use Automatic DHCP server settings on the wireless browse connected is not to but internet connected Laptop , skype can TCP IP are identical Laptop A works fine can ping website and browse websits with a chime I then followed the Instructions and posted the following info and hope someone here could give me some hints BTW I have the genuine windows xp pro cd Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet thanks Hui DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by huis at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C WINDOWS system ASTSRV EXE svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Microsoft Virtual Server vmh exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player vmware-authd exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C WINDOWS system CCM CcmExec exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system sessmgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C WINDOWS system ICO EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Google Google Pinyin GooglePinyinDaemon exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player hqtray exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Red Gate SQL Prompt RedGate SQLPrompt TrayApp exe C Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exe C virusRemoval dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp mpsharepoint it default aspx BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S am... Read more

A:Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet

bump please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-connected-to-wireless-skype-is-connected-but-can-not-browse-internet-420049.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

My mom's computer show a face with 24x7 help. I tried uninstalling, but get an error message that it's missing files. I then tried to restore to the oldest date available, but that didn't help either. I've run scans with both AVG and Malwarebytes, but they come back clean. Please help!

Her computer is a Dell and is running Windows 7.

Thanks,
Dawn

A:24x7 Help

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498906/24x7-help/
Relevancy 50.74%

My grandmother recently got herself a laptop I set it up for her being moderately computer savvy and the go-to for the family when it comes to computer information and set it 24x7 Help up with MBAM and Windows Security Essentials showing her how to scan regularly with MBAM seeing as it s the free version and how to keep an eye on WSE So far no major problems she reported the laptop finding viruses twice but seeing as she deleted them and reported no problems afterward I figured it was fine - maybe wrongly until now where when I came home from work she reported that the internet must not be working properly seeing as she couldn t connect to her e-mail or the local news site However checking the websites on 24x7 Help my computer hooked up to the same network it was obvious that was not the case Looking on her browser Google Chrome - I told her to never use IE I noticed a new icon with a man and a phone - x Help it said an obvious virus After some investigating of her browsing history I m almost certain I know how she got it trying to change her desktop wallpaper she searched for screensavers and went to screensaver com downloading two of their files But I digress I did a scan with WSE and turned up nothing though I figured this to be the case seeing as it had bypassed it in the first place but when trying to run MBAM the program was corrupted Trying to go to the website and being blocked I downloaded MBAM setup on my computer and copied it to the laptop via disk and did a reinstall but in vain nothing turned up in the scan and yes I disabled WSE for the scan Searching Google for x Help virus solutions I found only one solution recommended system restore The icon is now gone but the same certain websites are still being blocked hotmail com being the most prominent one I ve seen instructions for removal of certain viruses on these forums before when cleaning my own computer of the occasional bug so after trying to think of solutions I figured coming here and asking for help was the best idea of any So for you brilliant people the DDS report s DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Granny at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated B BF E- BB- - AB-A A C A C SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated A EAA- - E -AA B- E E EC SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C windows system lsm exeC windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSc Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exeC windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System GFNEXSrv exeC windows System spoolsv exeC windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exeC Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center BkBackupScheduler exeC Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center Bkapcs exeC Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exeC Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components FWService IntelMeFWService exeC Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exeC Program Files x Norton Anti-Theft Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine SymcPCCULaunchSvc exeC Program Files x Norton Safe Web Lite Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exeC windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC windows system TODDSrv exeC Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TosCoSrv exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA TECO TecoService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC windows system wbem unsecapp exeC windows system taskhost exeC wind... Read more

A:24x7 Help

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start. Wait until Prescan has finished ... Then Click on "Scan" button Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete" Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished" Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475460/24x7-help/
Relevancy 50.74%

I need help removing this program I cant get it out PLEASE HELPEdit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum, due to the absence of any malware logs included in the topic. ~ Animal

A:24X7 HELP

Welcome... We should be able to remove this help scam.First you will need ti do a System restore to a date prior to this happening. I don't know your Operating System so you can look here.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/?act=search&keyword=System+Restore&x=46&y=19When that is complete run these.ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.>>>>Junkware Removal Tool Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.>>>>I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the
icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsClick Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button.NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482748/24x7-help/
Relevancy 50.31%

Since about 2-3 days ago I been getting in the icon tray the PC and a big red X icon meaning not connected to the internet but the thing is I am connected if I hover over it, it will say connected. I have no idea what the problem could be I'm just hoping I'm not infected by any virus.

System information
Gateway
Intel Core i3 530 / 2.93 GHz
6.0GB of Ram
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit Edition

A:Internet Icon tray shows "not connected" but I am connected

Hi Negotron,Found a possible answer on Microsoft Answers for you Microsoft Answers Red X on NetworkHope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455237/internet-icon-tray-shows-not-connected-but-i-am-connected/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I'd like to kindly ask for some assistance Well I think my brother's computer is infected with these junk applications and I'm a little unsure about what to Help" "24x7 your PC" "Optimize / do I read a few threads about these issues and some of them include custom scripts So being a little scared I'd like to ask for some professional help I did a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware full scan and got this Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows Service Pack x NTFS Internet Explorer Bryan ROUTER administrator PM MBAM-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full scan C Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s minute s Memory Processes Detected No "24x7 Help" / "Optimize your PC" malicious items detected Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Detected No malicious items detected Registry Values Detected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Detected No malicious items detected Folders Detected No malicious items detected Files Detected C Users Bryan AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE FZ XL O Solid-SavingsUS exe Heuristics Shuriken - gt No action taken C Users Bryan AppData Local Temp exe Trojan Agent - gt No action taken end Moderator Edit Moved from Windows to the more appropriate forum Roger

A:"24x7 Help" / "Optimize your PC"

Took the liberty of also running AdwCleaner, ran with no issues:

# AdwCleaner v2.303 - Logfile created 06/14/2013 at 09:03:07
# Updated 08/06/2013 by Xplode
# Operating system : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (64 bits)
# User : Bryan - ROUTER
# Boot Mode : Normal
# Running from : C:\Users\Bryan\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option [Delete]

***** [Services] *****

Stopped & Deleted : 24x7HelpSvc
Stopped & Deleted : CltMngSvc

***** [Files / Folders] *****

Deleted on reboot : C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AVG Secure Search
Deleted on reboot : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\apjkpjchfbckhjhokinlgdbmibpbbjak
File Deleted : C:\END
File Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins\avg-secure-search.xml
File Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\Temp\END
File Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ocv2w5cl.default\searchplugins\Conduit.xml
File Deleted : C:\Users\Public\Desktop\24x7 Help.lnk
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG Secure Search
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Wondershare
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\Conduit
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\Ilivid
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\SearchProtect
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\Swag_Bucks
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\Trustworthy
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\Wondershare
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Anti-phishing Domain Advisor
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\AVG Secure Search
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\blekko toolbars
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\24x7 Help
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\AVG Secure Search
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\Conduit
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\apjkpjchfbckhjhokinlgdbmibpbbjak
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ndibdjnfmopecpmkdieinmbadjfpblof
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\Ilivid Player
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\PackageAware
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\Temp\Conduit
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\Temp\CT2260173
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\Temp\CT2998365
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\Wondershare
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\LocalLow\AVG Secure Search
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\LocalLow\Conduit
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\LocalLow\PriceGong
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\LocalLow\Swag_Bucks
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\LocalLow\Trustworthy
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Roaming\24x7 Help
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ocv2w5cl.default\CT2260173
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ocv2w5cl.default\CT2998365
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ocv2w5cl.default\extensions\{8bdea9d6-6f62-45eb-8ee9-8a81af0d2f94}
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ocv2w5cl.default\extensions\{ad32743c-16ef-46ec-977b-dce0c3c85b20}
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ocv2w5cl.default\Smartbar
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Roaming\OpenCandy
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Roaming\SearchProtect

***** [Registry] *****

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\24x7HELP
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\Conduit
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\ConduitSearchScopes
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\Crossrider
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\PriceGong
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\SmartBar
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\Swag_Bucks
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\Trustworthy
Key Deleted : HKCU\S... Read more