Windows Support Forum

Disconnecting from internet when others use the wifi

Q: Disconnecting from internet when others use the wifi

Hello, I've had this problem for a good while and cant seem to find many answers. What happens is that I will be online and everything is fine untill my wife or daughter decide to get on to one of their devices that use the same wifi (ipad, ipod, phone) and everyone will get disconnected. After 2 or 3 minutes everyone will be able to connect again, for a few minutes at least, then we will get disconnected again. Rinse repeat.

Our router is a Belkin wireless G-plus mimo, Model# f509230-4
Modem is Westell model 6100, e90-610015-06
My wireless router in the bedroom connected to the PC is a linksys wusb6300 (blinks orange light at the time of dissconnect)

Any ideas on how we can stop constantly disconnecting each other would be greatly appreciated.

*just saw I posted this in the wrong place..ugh

Moderator note: Moved.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Disconnecting from internet when others use the wifi

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Disconnecting from internet when others use the wifi

Two suggestions:

First, make sure you have the latest firmware for that router

Second, after updating the firmware, access the router config and set the MTU to 1492.

This will stop packet fragmentation and all devices will then be protected from a packet reassembly overflow condition, failing all existing connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disconnecting-from-internet-when-others-use-the-wifi.205777/
Relevancy 70.09%

Using Win10 my Sony Vaio laptop connects ok to my BT wireless router but after a short while I lose the Internet connection. This happens because Win10 decides to switch to another wireless network which is secured and I do not have the password. When I disconnect this other network, reconnect back to mine, tick connect automatically I get Internet connection again only to lose it for the same reason a few minutes later. I guess it is WiFi Sense doing this but if so it should be renamed WiFi NonSense. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug ?
Thanks for any input.

A:WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting

Hi Gerry Atric and welcome to the forum.

Originally Posted by Gerry Atric

I guess it is WiFi Sense doing this but if so it should be renamed WiFi NonSense.

lol

Don't know if you have tried this, but this is my suggestion:

Settings >Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage Wi-Fi Settings
Go to the settings under the Wi-Fi Sense heading
Turn off "Connect to suggested open hotspots"
and/or
Turn off "Connect to networks shared by my friends"

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/22159-wifi-internet-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I'm on a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows I have AVG free as my active antivirus but occasionally run Malwarebytes SuperAntiSpyware CCleaner and Temporary File Cleaner to keep things running smoothly I've had this issue for a not Wifi of Internet lots lag disconnecting / itself, loading by while Wifi Internet disconnecting by itself, not loading / lots of lag now AVG recently picked up a few trojan viruses on a scan last week and I thought my issues would have been resolved but alas they have not Also before I begin I want to note that I'm having these issues only on this laptop even though I have another laptop computer an iPad and iPhone that I use the same wifi connection on So here's my issue I'll get on my computer and pull up Chrome Wifi Internet disconnecting by itself, not loading / lots of lag I wait for the wifi to connect Sometimes it connects without a problem other times I sit and watch the little blue circle as it loads and loads then tells me that it was unable to connect I'll disconnect and reconnect and usually that works Whenever I'm using the internet the wifi randomly disconnects It can happen as often as every - minutes I've scanned with everything I can think of I've unplugged and restarted the modem countless times I honestly do not know what to do I don't know if this is a virus or if there's something wrong with my computer's devices or I honestly don't know what to do so please please help Thank you in advance Cassidy I have posted this once before a few months ago but never received any help so am posting again

A:Wifi Internet disconnecting by itself, not loading / lots of lag

Many types of devices can cause wireless interference including Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, fluorescent lights, microwave ovens, outdoor microwave links, WiMAX, wireless game controllers, wireless video cameras, Zigbee devices, and so on. Even bad electrical connections can cause broad RF spectrum emissions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522472/wifi-internet-disconnecting-by-itself-not-loading-lots-of-lag/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi
To clarify, my laptop Lenovo Y510p is able to connect wifi by it self, but it's wireless card is 802.11n, it only can use 2.4 ghz. So i decide to add a wifi adapter D-link DWA 160,  with updated driver. And every time i use the adapter to wifi, it disable
itself from laptop, also a lot of time it disconnect even i was not using it. when i open the change adapter setting, the adapter go 1) attempting to authenticate 2)enable 3) disable 4) gone for 1 second and back to attempting to authenticate again. The entire
process only need 5 second. And i want it to stop doing that.Please Help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f95bd229-2e72-47f2-a60d-52d21b026872/wifi-adapter-keep-disconnecting-when-connected-to-wifi?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.9%

My laptop will not stay connected to wifi for more than a few seconds before 'limited access' appears.
It connects and disconnects repetitively.
i have a 3mobile wireless dongle. Other laptops stay connected no problem and i am always beside the dongle with full coverage.
if i click the network icon several times on the bottom right it reconnects for a few seconds again,
I have discovered that if i run 'funkypool' in the background the connection generally stays, but not 100%, but 90% anyway.
this may possibly be because its java and always refreshing itself i think.
it doesn't matter whether or not im plugged in or using battery but i did change the controls for automatically putting the wireless to sleep mode so i doubt that unless ive done it wrong. my laptop is 5 months old. trouble shooting does not raise any issues. any help greatly appreciated, thanks

A:wifi disconnecting

The mobile wireless may be interfering with your Wi-Fi. Try the Wi-Fi without the mobile wireless "dongle."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-disconnecting.1058681/
Relevancy 55.9%

I bought HP laptop few month ago and actually I didnt often use it soeven though I knew it had the problem wifi Wifi keeps disconnecting keeps disconnecting I didnt care But now I need to use it and this probelm is so Wifi keeps disconnecting annoying I tried to fix it myself so I read lots of post explained to fix for same problem with me But there are some differences so I decided to ask here nbsp Here is some info about my laptop HP Pavilion - z nbsp LaptopProduct number M D AV nbsp nbsp Security Software Trial Office Software Trial AMD Quad-Core A - Processor AMD Radeon TM R Graphics GB DDR L - DIMM GB rpm Hard Drive SuperMulti DVD burner -cell WHr Lithium-ion Battery Standard Keyboard Intel ac WLAN and Bluetooth R x Windows Home Blizzard white HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone blizzard white -inch diagonal Full HD WLED-backlit Display x nbsp and in Network adaptersBluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI Inter R Dual Band Wireless-AC Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller nbsp Please help me fix this problem Thanks nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-keeps-disconnecting/td-p/5779635
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a new windows 8 machine (Dell Inspiron 2350), and there is a problem with the WIFI keeps disconnecting. I have determined that it seems to primarily happen whenever I am downloading any large files. When the computer is sitting idle or I am just browsing it doesn't seem to happen.
I do not have any such issue with my Windows 7 laptop or mobile devices.

I have already tried all the suggestions found elsewhere about changing the power management settings, and have already disabled "allow computer to turn off this device to save power".

I already have the latest driver, and have updated the bios.

A:WIFI Keeps disconnecting

Hi Snake,

Try to follow this guide.
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings
then "changed advanced power settings" and select Wireless adapter and put it to maximum performance.
I hope this will fix it.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45223-wifi-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 55.9%

So I took the plunge and updated to Windows 10 from 8.1. I did the FULL install, wiped my hard drive completely before installing Windows 10.

Everything is great, I really do like it.

But the WiFi keeps dropping and its extraordinarily aggravating.

I searched all over the internet with no solution in sight.

When this happens, I try to keep re-connecting it and it connects but then after awhile, it will just stop trying and I get the "System Broker has stopped working" as well as the "Network UX Broker has stopped working" error message.

Has anyone found a solution? I tried installing the WiFi drivers again and again but still nothing helping. I really think its a Windows issue that needs to be addressed via an update. I do have the latest updates installed as well.

The machine in question is a Lenovo Z710 IdeaPad with the Intel Wireless AC 7260 NIC.

A:WiFi keeps disconnecting

If you have a separate sound card as well as Wi-Fi, update the drivers for it also.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-1074962.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have had my laptop just over 1year and recently it has begun to disconnect from the WIFI, it begins connect and then suddenly it disconnects I have tried different WIFI connections at my friends and still the same problem, also along the bottom of the screen I am now unable to access the Upward arrow to access the Internet, Bluetooth etc. OptionsPlease help

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Disconnecting from WIFI

watch this video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ceujry71-E  AdamaaronPlease click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say ?Thanks? for helping! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Disconnecting-from-WIFI/td-p/5599247
Relevancy 55.9%

Okay so I'm trying to get my son's DS to connect to the internet so that he can trade pokemon I'm on Win XP my usb wifi device is this Mayflash thing and I have heard that other people have had issues with it the driver download doesn't help However I did get mine to connect someone on another forum linked to this article to report their success connecting their DS with it However when I try to connect the DS to the network it disconnects It's always about a minute into the connection everything is going well and says it has excellent signal strength then crash all gone When I look at the network properties and click okay with no changes it reconnects Does that sound like firewall I looked in my disconnecting? - USB WiFi firewall properties and clicked to be notified if the firewall blocks something but I'm not receiving notification I'm USB WiFi - disconnecting? new to wifi this is the only device I have with it so I can't test with anything else ETA - Nope tried disabling firewall completely and it still disconnected Re-enabling firewall reconnected the wifi without my prompting ETA USB WiFi - disconnecting? - Again this time my dork butt actually looked at the error code Anyone know what this guy is talking about

A:USB WiFi - disconnecting?

Maybe your Mayflash thing is defective.

I used to use a usb wi-fi it was always disconecting after every few mins.
I got someone to check it out, he said it was defective and replaced it with a
Wireless PCL Adapter. After that no problems.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-wifi-disconnecting-524411.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hello
I recently brought acer window 10 it its often disconnecting from wifi service and showing no service available once again I restart itscnnecting back , very 20mins once it doing like this. please show some suggestion on this

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce82b119-0713-4981-8c55-ab0185be89b2/wifi-disconnecting?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok, I have read other posts of people with similar problems, but could not make head nor tail of it!

I purchased my EI System 3115 Notebook yesterday and everything is working fine except one thing:

My wifi connection keeps disconnecting after about an hour of so. I have strong connection to the router, but then suddenly it will go and when I search for networks it will not find my home network.

Anyone know whats causing this?

Relevancy 55.9%

I recently bought a  HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab101ax Model #:P3C85PA. The wifi keeps disconnecting. I've updated the wifi adaptor driver but this problem is still present. How can I prevent this from happening?

A:My wifi keeps disconnecting.

Hallo, Please install this BIOS update. It should fix your problem. BIOS: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75199.exe Please let me know about the result.

ZincasI am an HP notebook technician.Please click ?Accept as Solution ? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-wifi-keeps-disconnecting/td-p/5632301
Relevancy 55.9%

Over the past couple of days my wifi has been disconnecting, and when I mouse over the network icon it says "local only" I know its not my laptop because my wife's laptop does the same thing at the same time. So this leads me to believe its the router.. I didnt change any settings on the router though so i dont know why all of a sudden it takes a crap..

any ideas?? oh and I cant just "reset my router" because for some reason the reset button in the back doesnt press or do anything. I have a Linksys WRT54G

Relevancy 55.9%

I do have the same problem. it is getting disconnected within 5 or 10 minutes. it shows no internet access. i tried almost all slution described here. still facing same problem. Do i have any other solution please ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-DISCONNECTING/td-p/5821456
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there,

I am having problems with my wifi card, I get three bars of strength to my router normally, however, my card just seems to constantly keep disconnecting. It won't then re-conect until I have re-booted the router which is very annoying. I know it isn't the router as when my card won't connect, my phone and my father's laptop still do. Does anyone know what could be wrong???

Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

I have a Lenovo G50-80 and I keep running into this problem sometimes. My laptop is connected to my wifi network and it will randomly disconnect from the wifi and the will be a red "x" in the notification section in the bottom right hand corner and when I click it to select a wifi network it says that there are no available networks. My roommates laptop doesn't ever disconnect from the wifi even when mine does so it's not the network. Anybody have any suggestions or solutions to my problem?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:G50-80 - Disconnecting from WiFi

Hi Amb,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Please click here for better understanding on this issue

Let us know how you get on.
Regards,
Shashi

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-80-Disconnecting-from-WiFi/td-p/3312858
Relevancy 55.9%

I get to upload large files on Google Drive but there's just too many of the files and they are a bit large i.e. 4 Gb. Something - not sure if this is the browser or Google Drive itself keeps returning an error message reading 'Upload paused (offline), and, my WiFi, which is controlled by the operating system and the internet service provider along the way loses its connectivity.

I start worrying whether my neighbors are using the same frequency, and, after trying to restart the connection by signing out and signing in again the same thing happens all over. Usually when this happens I assume network traffic is not going to make my life easy for me to upload files over WiFi.

Does the architecture envisage software and other underlying solutions for these little problems?

A:The WiFi keeps disconnecting...

You can use a WiFi scanner (freeware) to check channel use and perhaps change channels on your router.

E.g. Acrylic Wi-fi, Xirrus Wifi Inspector

Also check your Wifi is not connecting to outside routers (see Wifi Sense in Settings).

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/46472-wifi-keeps-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hiya lately my wifi loads up then less then half hour or so it will disconnect but say it is still connected it does it at my house and when i go to different locations also my wifi keeps signing me out of fifa 13 but will not sign me out of the playstation network can you help me please

Relevancy 55.9%

Recently bought a new HP laptop everything was fine at the beginning but recently the wifi on it has just been awful, when I'm using it the wifi will disconnect at least every 5 minutes then it takes about another 5 minutes in order to get the wifi back up and running and most of the time I have to restart the laptop in order for the wifi to work, I shouldn't have to do this every 5 minutes. Also the wifi only disconnects with the laptop, I have a phone and iPad that are linked to the same wifi and I've never had any problems with the wifi on them. Please can you help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-keeps-disconnecting/td-p/5755514
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there!  Originally, my laptop OS is windows 8 > 8.1 > and now 10 I have been having wifi issues, my laptop would disconnect from my wifi; I have reinstalled my drivers like two weeks ago My other devices such as my cell phone and ipod are connecting fine;  When it does disconnect,  I click on the wifi icon in the taskbar nothing will show up/load I have done the troubleshooter and can't not find anything so I have no choice to restart and temporary fixes it for a while  and a side question; is it possible to go back to 8.1? I upgraded during end of july, if it do reset my pc would go back to windows 10 or windows 7 and then have to upgrade to win10?  and would it be ok to disable the IPv6?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Please-help-My-laptop-keeps-disconnecting-from-the-wifi/td-p/5766924
Relevancy 55.47%

i typed ipconfig/all on cmdprompt running admin

A:wifi keeps disconnecting and sometimes can't connect

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Please follow these steps:
Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/323848-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-sometimes-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I've been using my computer for about two years without any major problems, but now all of a sudden, it  drops my wifi connection every few minutes or so, ( it actually did while i was typing this ) then reconnects, i just need to know a way to fix this, it was working fine and this just starts happening out of no where. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-keeps-disconnecting-from-wifi/td-p/5822304
Relevancy 55.47%

Wireless connection on my new laptop kept timing out. Though the laptop was dos so wins 10 64bits was installed on it. Ever since the unboxing and installation, it has been disconnecting itself. I tried to troubleshoot and make it work but all to no avail. I tried the following: Would you check this setting please.Go to Device ManagerClick on the network adapters  to expand the listRight click on the adapter and choose propertiesClick on the power management If "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked, please remove it.press OKrepeat the above process for any additional adapters listed. And it failed also. I reinstalled the driver, downloaded the latest driver from the driver page, but still all to no avail.Also, i tried most of the things on this link http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04649175 . Still disconnectsPlease kindly help me out here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-keeps-disconnecting-on-my-HP-15-ay-008tx/td-p/5766607
Relevancy 55.47%

Dear all,  In my laptop starting time wifi connecting.But after sometime suddenly disconnecting and i tried to reconnect wifi .But it is not showing wireless network ids..And i reinstalled wifi drivers..But still same problem..Please give solution for this problem..  Regards / Ram

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-disconnecting-in-windows-10/td-p/5794266
Relevancy 55.47%

Hiya all I'm getting random internet disconnections while using my laptop wirelessly It started happening a couple of months Wifi disconnecting keeps randomly ago when I was using my laptop in the uni library Since then when using my laptop wirelessly at various places and at home this has happened Since coming back home for the summer I have changed ISP with no difference the issue is still there whatever ISP router Last week I reset my laptop to factory settings but yet its getting worse if not better What happens is no more links open up and I get a yellow exclamation mark on top of the wifi signal indicator There is still a connection to the router however theres no connection to the web afterwards When this happens I can use Wifi keeps randomly disconnecting my PC with no issues at all Heres a screenshot of what comes up on ipconfig when the issue is there http i imgur com K v AQi png The internet sometimes reconnects itself with no intervention sometimes on a restart but I have to wait - mins I see no light changes on both routers ISP's I tested and during the downtime the laptop isn't shown to be connected contrary to the laptop to the router on the router settings page The laptop is running Windows home premium Lenovo Z I just noticed During when the downtime is active these are the attached devices imgur the simple image sharer However when the wifi is working this is the same screen imgur the simple image sharer My phone never disconnects just my laptop which doesn't seem to like wifi thanks in advance

A:Wifi keeps randomly disconnecting

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL and press enter.

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wifi-keeps-randomly-disconnecting-705545.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Guys,

I have just recently bought a Windows 8 Laptop from my mates computer shop. It seemed fine for a while and then its suddenly started dropping out on wireless internet connection.

It does load back up onto the wireless connection but not for long.

My mate said it could have been the router in the house but others have said otherwise.

Any recommendations?

Cheers.

A:My WiFi Keeps Disconnecting On My Laptop

Make sure any power saving and/or sleep functions for the adapter are turned off in Device Manager and also in Advanced Power settings.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70776-my-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am using a lenovo yoga 14. When I connect to my wifi network at home the internet often randomly turns off. It doesn't only disconnect my laptop, it kicks all of the other devices off the network as well. I have no viruses and the laptop seemed to be doing this from when I originally got it. I updated my drivers for the wifi and have tried various other fixes but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?  Processor: Intel Core i7-5500U Processor(I7-5500U): : Memory: 8GB PC3-12800: : Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64(EN:English): : Hard Drive: 256GBOPAL2.0: : Wireless Network: Intel Wireless 7265BN(2x2)+BT4.0 M.2 Combo: : Ports: 4-in-1 Media Card Reader (SD, MMC, SDHC, SDXC); 1 USB 2.0; 2 USB 3.0; Microphone/Headphone Jacks; DC in; HDMI 1.4: : Monitor: Multitouch: : Included Warranty: 1 Year Depot

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Yoga-14-Wifi-Disconnecting/td-p/3385235
Relevancy 55.47%

Since I had updated to windows 10, my wifi is creating trouble. It got disconnected even I sit right besides the router. Very often it also get disable. there becomes a cross sign on wifi icon. and after that it take very long time to connect again even it took 6 days to reconne to after which I am able to post this question

A:wifi disconnecting and disabling

@Usman313? Go to Device Manager. Open up Network Adapters. Right click on your WiFi adapter and click on Uninstall. If asked to remove the driver say "YES" Reboot and let Windows reinstall the driver. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-disconnecting-and-disabling/td-p/5601698
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,A couple of months ago I bought a HP wifi mouse. The installation went smoothly and it was working fine. However, when I use it at the university the mouse disconnects a lot  (every 5 minutes) which is very annoying. At home it disconnects also some times but not as much as it does at the University. The battery status is fine and I use the mouse inches from the laptop so the distance can't be the problem. Is there something I can do to make the connenction stronger? Kind regards,Babs1990 

A:disconnecting HP wifi mouse

Hello Babs1990, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.  I have read your post on how your wireless mouse begins to loose signal strength when you are on your university campus, and I would be happy to assist you! To begin, I will need to ask you a few questions: What is the Product and Model Number of your notebook computer?What version of Windows do you have installed on your computer?Has your computer completed all of its important Windows Updates?Have you updated your HP drivers using the HP Support Assistant?Is this an on-going, or recent issue?Is your mouse a USB wireless or is it Bluetooth?Is your notebook paired with any other Bluetooth devices (if your mouse is Bluetooth)?In the meantime, I recommend following this document on Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Troubleshooting. This should help with the wireless connection between your computer and the mouse. Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information above. I look forward to your reply!Regards  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/disconnecting-HP-wifi-mouse/td-p/4054152
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I've been using my E531 (i5-3230m,6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, FHD, GT740M, Windows 10) for 2 years but I'm having a problem with wifi connection at home for past 2-3 days. Laptop keeps disconnecting and connecting again every 5-10 seconds and the connection is not working at all, after couple of minutes it's unable to find any wifi network. Other devices connected to the same router have no problem at all. I tried reinstalling Broadcom drivers many times, even about 3 different versions, reinstalling many other drivers, even flashing BIOS to the latest one.  But really strange is, that today it was working well for maybe 2 hours, but when I connected my external monitor (Asus VX239) through HDMI port, wifi started to disconnect again. I have no idea whether it is somehow related to that, because these problems have started when I brought this monitor home (I've been using it for approx. 6 months in college).

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E531-Wifi-disconnecting/td-p/3348110
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everyone, I am Damian Trevor I need a suggestion from you all,regarding the problem of disconnecting and reconnecting of wifi. My laptop Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, i am quite worried as i am not able to work on my project without use of internet .Did any one face this type of problem??If any, please suggest me what i do. I have Windows 7 installed in my laptop, So i reboot Windows 7 on my laptop twice but the same problem arises.i am facing a lot of problem because most of my work is depend upon internet, & internet is not working because of wifi.I also confirm that my laptop is within range of the wireless router. Proper signal are there,  but it continuously showing the same problem.so please help me out by your relevant solutions. Thanks Regards Damian Trevor

A:Laptop Wifi keeps disconnecting??? Help!!!!

Hey Damian, have you updated your wifi adapted driver recently?
If you already have the latest driver, a reinstall of the driver may be a good idea.
To do this, simply search "update drivers" in the start menu, this should bring up the same program as in the attached image

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612776/laptop-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-help/
Relevancy 55.47%

So my nbsp hp pavilion dv - c us on windows I Keeps is Wifi have disconnecting. working. Nothing tried... has been having wifi issues for a few months now nbsp My wifi card is an intel centrino N nbsp These past few days it has gotten really bad nbsp It disconnects every few minutes nbsp The only thing I can think it being is my wifi card is going bad nbsp Is that possible nbsp I did all of the reloads of Wifi Keeps disconnecting. Nothing is working. I have tried... drivers and winsock flush etc nbsp It's not my antivirus software as i removed it and i still did the same thing nbsp I did virus and malware checks and everything is clean nbsp No system changes were made when it started happening nbsp All other devices in my home have no problem connecting to my router which is a sbg and staying connected nbsp Just this laptop nbsp The stupid exclamation point keeps coming up and connection goes nbsp Please help me figure this out nbsp

A:Wifi Keeps disconnecting. Nothing is working. I have tried...

Hi Could a dodgy driver have been updated a few weeks ago and started this problem off? As an administrator in a Command Prompt window type netsh wlan show drivers C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show driversInterface name: WiFi 2    Driver                    : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    Vendor                    : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.    Provider                  : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.    Date                      : 21/09/2015    Version                   : 2023.18.814.2015    INF file                  : C:\WINDOWS\INF\oem35.inf    Files                     : 2 total                                C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rtwlane.sys                                C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rtlihvs.dll If so a roll back may be beneficial. Visual help also... 

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Keeps-disconnecting-Nothing-is-working-I-have-tried-all/td-p/5607789
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all,  I just brought the Lenovo Thinkpad T430 about 10 days ago. I am using WIndows 8 on it. I am having strange issue with it. Sometimes, the wifi disconnects and I am not able to connect to the network. Then I have to restart my laptop to again connect to the network. This is happening about once in a day. I am using intel centrino N 2200 wifi card.  Has anyone faced this issue before?  Thanks,Vedang Patel

Relevancy 55.47%

Since upgrading to Windows 10  from 7 I have lost wifi connection many times at random moments. My PC is a Pavilion g4. I have attempted to update my Broadcom 802.11n network adaptor but Windows tells me I have the latest version. Could anyone advise what best to do to resolve this problem? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Random-wifi-disconnecting/td-p/5733313
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an hp laptop.. Not too old but it's not brand new either. For some reason every time I am on it, the wifi disconnects and I am not able to reconnect unless I restart my laptop. I know it's not a problem with the actual wifi because everyother laptop and phone is working perfectly. The problem is that the laptop does not have a battery life so it will just turn off if you unplug it...
Please help, this is extremely frustrating!

A:Laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi?

For some reason every time I am on it, the wifi disconnects and I am not able to reconnect unless I restart my laptop.Click to expand...

Make sure you have the latest correct wireless driver (from the laptop manufacturer's web site if an integrated adapter).

If that doesn't fix the problem ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows Vista or latter I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keeps-disconnecting-from-wifi.1149884/
Relevancy 55.47%

I couldn't really give a good title to this thread so I'm gonna explain it here thoroughly I've been using my home WiFi to access the internet for like months from this laptop The problem that occurs is that at any random time during the day I get disconnected from WiFi disconnecting Randomly from the network Now that wouldn't present the problem unless the following occurred every time - when I try to reconnect no matter how many times Randomly disconnecting from WiFi I do I always get the 'Can't connect to this network' without any further explanation The annoying solution that I found is to restart the PC every time and it works but sometimes it's really inconvenient because I may be in a middle of some work for which I needed the internet Oh and forgot to mention when I lose the connection every other device connected to the WiFi works normally still connected to the network no problems so I am positive that it's not about the network it's about my computer I hope someone has an answer to this Thanks in advance

A:Randomly disconnecting from WiFi

"I've been using my home WiFi to access the internet for like 3 months (from this laptop}"

I think we need more information: Is the laptop yours and is it only 3 years old?
--- Is it an older laptop that doesn't have built in W-Fi?
--- Is there an additional wireless router involved?
Does the network adapter driver and/or firmware need to be updated?
Are there any recent incompatible installs/downloads recently such as an "alternate network connector"
Is there anyone else using your home Wi-Fi?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535196/randomly-disconnecting-from-wifi/
Relevancy 55.47%

I m using Windows Beta My wifi is constantly disconnecting non-stop I have to use the troubleshoot tool everytime and Wifi / 7 Windows Disconnecting even now it still disconnects non-stop I replicated this problem with default drivers that came with W and also downloaded drivers from Intel s site I ve tried various setups with my router which have always worked fine in XP and Vista anyway I tried WPA TKIP AES WPA TKIP AES Auto WPA AES Wireless channel auto Mode n g Windows 7 / Wifi Disconnecting b Trans Rate best auto I have wifi protection feature disabled and UNnP disabled Channel width tried Windows 7 / Wifi Disconnecting auto too My router is on my desk to the right with antennas pointing different directions My modem is under my desk to the left on top of my cable box Windows 7 / Wifi Disconnecting So far it seems if I connect to my neighbors unsecured router I never get disconnected This aggiates me because I have always used my same router and same exact configuration I know W is just beta but hoping someone can enlighten me on a temp fix at least I even tried official Intel drivers from their site too So in conclusion it appears to be likely a W bug with secured mode routers Specs D-Link DIR- Intel AGN Wireless Windows Beta Build nbsp

A:Windows 7 / Wifi Disconnecting

I too have tried the same thing as you!!!
I also have the intel 5100...
man it makes me so mad....
the problem obvisouly in in windows 7...
i tried it in xp (sp1a, sp2, sp3) and in
vista and the only time i have that problem is in windows 7...
the only way i keep connected is if i am downloading something...
if i let it idle or hibernate, the connection disconnects... then, after another half hour... it says there are no network devices install... !!!
man, will M$ fix it already....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-wifi-disconnecting.805366/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everyone I am using a Fujitsu lifebook LH on Windows I used to live in a boarding school so now I am at home for the holidays and I found out that my wifi connection at home is cutting out abnormally however my phone an LG Optimus Black can perfectly maintain a connection with the router This happens in my room mostly and is rather irritating so I would appreciate any help Thank you The laptop comes with an Atheros AR B adapter and the router in question is a TP-link TL-WR ND version It might also Wifi cutting disconnecting out and help if I mention that my laptop crashed before and I got a technician to reinstall windows He also selected some drivers and reinstalled them This might be the cause of the disconnecting behaviour but I failed to find any new drivers or firmware for my devices Again I'd really appreciate any and all help I'm quite bothered by the fact that my computer can't receive a stable signal while my phone can and hopefully I can fix that preferably without spending money as this is a fairly new router that my family bought with your help I'd be happy to provide any extra information or specs but I don't know where to start because this is a fairly new side of windows to me Sorry Thank you Wifi disconnecting and cutting out in advance Kris

A:Wifi disconnecting and cutting out

Hi Kyrios, Please check if the router firmware is up to date. Please update the same. Try to connect your laptop directly with the router and check if the connection is intermittent. Mobiles and routers mostly use the same frequencies. So, the connection between them can be flawless.

Many wireless items have a pre-established default channel of six. If you notice a lot of interference with your Wi-Fi connection, changing the channel away from six may solve the problem. However, make sure that all of the wireless devices that are on that same network are also using the same channel. Another thing to keep in mind is that some Wi-Fi channels can overlap with one another. If you keep your channels as far apart as possible, there will be much less of a chance of overlap and interference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298013-wifi-disconnecting-cutting-out.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm on a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows I have AVG free as my active antivirus but occasionally run Malwarebytes SuperAntiSpyware Wifi computer) (only on by disconnecting lag / this itself CCleaner and Temporary File Cleaner to keep things running smoothly I've had this issue for Wifi disconnecting by itself (only on this computer) / lag a while now AVG recently picked up a few trojan viruses on a scan last week and I thought my issues would have been resolved but alas they have not Also before I begin I want to note that I'm having these issues only on this laptop even though I have another laptop computer and iPhone that I use the same wifi connection on So here's my issue I'll get on my computer and pull up Chrome I wait for the wifi to connect Sometimes it Wifi disconnecting by itself (only on this computer) / lag connects without a problem other times I sit and watch the little blue circle as it loads and loads then tells me that it was unable to connect I'll disconnect and reconnect and usually that works Whenever I'm using the internet the wifi randomly disconnects It can happen as often as every - minutes I've scanned with everything I can think of I've unplugged and restarted the modem countless times I honestly do not know what to do I don't know if this is a virus or if there's something wrong with my computer's devices or I honestly don't know what to do so please please help Thank you in advance Cassidy

A:Wifi disconnecting by itself (only on this computer) / lag

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exeCheckmark following boxes:Flush DNSReset FF proxy SettingsReset Ie Proxy SettingsReport IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Devices (problems only)Click Go and post the result.Please download Adware cleaner from the link below.http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleanerSave it to your desktop.Right click run as admin.Hit the scan button.Allow completion.Make sure all items are ticked.Hit the clean button.Even if no items are displayed to be ticked hit the clean button anyway.The machine will reboot this is normal.Post the log in your next reply.Run the junkware removal tool in safemode post the log.http://thisisudax.org/downloads/JRT.exe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517592/wifi-disconnecting-by-itself-only-on-this-computer-lag/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there!  Originally, my laptop OS is windows 8 > 8.1 > and now 10 I have been having wifi issues, my laptop would disconnect from my wifi; I have reinstalled my drivers like two weeks ago My other devices such as my cell phone and ipod are connecting fine;  When it does disconnect,  I click on the wifi icon in the taskbar nothing will show up/load I have done the troubleshooter and can't not find anything so I have no choice to restart and temporary fixes it for a while  and a side question; is it possible to go back to 8.1? I upgraded during end of july, if it do reset my pc would go back to windows 10 or windows 7 and then have to upgrade to win10?  and would it be ok to disable the IPv6?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Please-help-My-laptop-has-been-disconnecting-from-the-wifi/td-p/5766924
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,Is anyone facing issue with the wifi connection? The wifi on yoga 700 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. When the wifi tries to reconnect, it's showing no internet access. I have other laptops connected to the same router and there are no connection issues with my other laptops, tablets, or phones. I've even tried to a different router (at a different location) and I still have the same issue. I contacted Lenovo customer service and they sent me link to download the wifi driver which I have done (uninstall existing driver and reinstall the drive that was provided by Lenovo CS) however, it would connect to the wifi and work fine for a while then the wifi disconncets and tries to reconnect over and over again (same issue). Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-700-11-inch-wifi-keeps-disconnecting/td-p/3376651
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I am having trouble gaming because my laptop keeps either disconnecting then reconnecting or says connected but no internet access then shortly after changes back to normal.I am on a toshiba satellite s4102. what can i do to fix this problem?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6051 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1262 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 698475 MB, Free - 616295 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, POQAA
Antivirus: Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Disabled

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, so basicaly my problem is stated in the title, I've tried everything, disabled the auto channel on router and fixed it on 3-7, checked powersaving and checked wifi card to be used at max performance even on battery, i even enabled ECN and congestion control in win7 and used Wi-fi Optimizer and i still couldn't pin point the issue.
According to it the signal is "Excelent" yet when i need it to be stable it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting automatically almost with a pace, i can't tell what may be causing this, i also disabled bluetooth.

Edit: I live in the outskirts and I used Xirrus Wi-fi Inspector to see if there are any other connections that could jam or overlap and mine is the only one, so it's not that.

A:Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting automaticaly

[guess]
Have you checked power and heat? If it is dropping under load it could be either one.

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586197/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-automaticaly/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a new Toshiba Portege R930 64 Bit running Win 8
One month into using I am now having trouble with WiFi periodically disconnecting and reconnecting. I am running other computers (1 Toshibha Portege R750 Win 7 and iPad amongst others) on the same wireless network without this issue.
It is very annoying as I use skype for international calls and they always drop. If I switch to the other Toshiba or iPad then problem stops. I have installed Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector - no issues with router or wifi.

I have noticed on the net, many people having the same issue.

A:WiFi periodically disconnecting and reconnecting Win 8

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

As you have xirrus please include the xirrus screen shots for both conditions - see how below.

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if you have a separate modem, the make and exact model of the modem.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

lets see the following please

ipconfig /all
Three Ping tests
xirrus screen shot
Device Manager Screen shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8 To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.For windows version, XP, Vista, W7Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.
ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

For Windows 8 To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.For windows version, XP, Vista, W7Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the r... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/wifi-periodically-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-win-8-a-693665.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently purchased a new desktop computer which had windows 8 pre-installed. I was somewhat enjoying it (hating everything about the changes from windows 7) and then my wifi would disconnect every few minutes. I used windows update and installed all new updates (which takes a long time with random wifi disconnects) and it still had no help. I went to the website of the wifi driver and downloaded + installed the most recent drivers. The disconnects became slightly less frequent.
My computer is an Acer AME600-EB388.

I have googled around quite a bit trying to find a solution but none would work for me. I have checked the power settings and made sure they weren't set to shut off.
Please help me.

A:Windows 8 wifi randomly disconnecting

Have you tried using a different wireless channel? The 2.4ghz frequency can be very crowded in some areas which can cause frequent disconnects unless a clear channel is used.

The Xirrus WiFi inspector is good for scanning the wireless landscape in your area so as to make an informed choice on which channel to use.

If you can post a screen shot of the Xirrus read out here I can take a look at it.
Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17831-windows-8-wifi-randomly-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have a problem connecting to a Wifi network that s usually troubleshooter on saying keeps Wifi keeps reset disconnecting, fine My computer keeps on disconnecting to the network and reconnecting it will say quot Windows cannot connect to SSID quot I ran the troubleshooter it resetted the network adapter and all becomes well again until Wifi keeps on disconnecting, troubleshooter keeps saying reset some minutes later where it will disconnect me and repeat again Other devices connected to the Wifi do not have any problems only my computer OS Windows Ultimate -bit ISP BOLT Indonesia Broadband DSL Modem Huawei Anti-virus AVG Free Firewall Windows Firewall ipconfig all output Windows IP Configuration Host Name han -lenovo Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Windows Adapter V Physical Address -FF- -FA- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet C ontroller NDIS Physical Address B - -F - -DB- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -A -C - C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c a d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August Lease Expires Sunday August Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- B- - D- -A -C - C- -E DNS Servers fe f ff fe bfe NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - E-A -F -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BFB D- BA - DA -ACAF- DF DE DE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb e b f fe Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e b f fe Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes SysInfo Output Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives A Total - MB Free - MB B Total - MB Free - MB C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO Base Board Product Name Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled Hope anyone can solve this problem nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I finally got my T460 today and as I'm installing my apps, the internet connection keeps randomly getting disconnected. I have to press on connect yet the signal is strong Help please

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-randomly/td-p/3327496
Relevancy 54.61%

Having incredibly frustrating and confusing issue. Sometimes when I am using the internet, totally randomly with no ping spike or anything before happening, my PC will disconnect from my wireless network. The symbol goes from the connected wifi symbol to the one with the star - it can still see my network but for some reason has chosen to disconnect itself. It does not affect anyone else in the house or my phone or my laptop next to me. It will try and fail to reconnect a few times before eventually reconnecting, but it's incredibly slow during this process and frustrating to watch, by which time whatever game I was playing I can't reconnect to. It's actually faster for me to restart my entire PC because of my SSD. Troubleshooting/resetting the adapter seems to make no difference.
Why is this happening? Please help me

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67213-pc-keeps-disconnecting-wifi-although-network-remains-available.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Can any one answer help me with this question Basically when Bandwidth Disconnecting. issue?! Wifi I m on my pc and I download a Wifi Disconnecting. Bandwidth issue?! large file or if I am downloading multiple things at once my wifi connection sometimes gets disconnected The Wifi Disconnecting. Bandwidth issue?! only way I can fix it without restarting is to disable and enable the adapter in quot Network Connections quot The other devices on my network Iphone laptop and PS don t get disconnected just my PC I don t know if the problem is because of The speed at which I am downloading The size of the file which I am downloading e g I started a game downloading from steam and had to disable enable the adapter a few times Simultaneous downloads I subscribe to or so podcasts if I let Itunes download them all at once its disconnected on a few occasions so I have set it to get a file at a time Does anybody have any idea what it could be and if there is a way to fix it nbsp

A:Wifi Disconnecting. Bandwidth issue?!

Since disable/enable the wireless adapter fixes the problem my top suspects would be the driver or the adapter itself. Make sure you have the latest correct wireless driver--from the PC manufacturer for an integrated adapter or from the card manufacturer's site otherwise. If you already have the latest reinstall it anyhow in case the installed instance is corrupted.

Next on my suspect list would be wireless interference. Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-disconnecting-bandwidth-issue.1038765/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi! My HP stream wifi adapter keeps disconnecting from wifi networks. After it disconnects it automatically goes into disabled status.First I thought it was just my home wifi router, but it still happens to other connections. I tried all of the suggestions below, but none seems to help.  Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC: reset the winsock catalogue:Reinstall the network adapter drivers:Anyone got any other suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Stream-wifi-adapter-keeps-disconnecting/td-p/5656823
Relevancy 54.61%

I purchased my Spectre x2 in May. When I tried to download Microsoft Office or iTunes updates the WiFi connection times out and I get an error saying this.  It is not a Router issue as I have an iPad and my family has three other laptops on the WiFi and they do not get the disconnection issue. I have to go into networks and disconnect and then re connect to use the internet. It will still time out after about 10 minutes.I have updated the driver on the WiFi network card under Device Manager. Please advise how I can fix this issue.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Spectre-X2-WIFI-disconnecting-timing-out/td-p/5749637
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi im having problems with my wifi network Im using a dell laptop with windows bit op sys For some reason my wifi disconnects after a an hour or so or it doesnt even connect when i open up my latop and try to connect to my network When i do occaisonaly connect my signal strength is full but after minutes it disconnects again Can you guys tell me what test I should run and copy and paste here to help you guys find the wifi sometimes disconnecting and Problems not with even connecting problem Thnks in adance Problems -wifi doesnt connect -takes a long time to connect when it does connect -only connects when i turn of my router and turn it back on -another laptop a pc and phones that all connect through wifi all work while my laptop doesnt so it isnt my router -I Problems with wifi disconnecting and not even connecting sometimes took my laptop to my college to use it there and it didnt work on their network either Problems with wifi disconnecting and not even connecting sometimes when i run this wifi test on my computer it always fails on either ping test defuault gateway or association test Btw will you guys tell me a few ways to isolate what the problem is Should i connect via ethernet cable And since other wifi devices are working and mines doesnt that should also isolate the problem thnks

A:Problems with wifi disconnecting and not even connecting sometimes

Follow this networking posting guide by 2xg: Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305867-problems-wifi-disconnecting-not-even-connecting-sometimes.html
Relevancy 54.61%

my v3-112p wifi keeps disconnecting and not reconnecting every sooften.i had a ethernet cable plugged in and now i dont the wifi is being weird noticed it yesterday(windows 10)

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/my-v3-112p-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-and-not-reconnecting-every/td-p/441825
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, the wifi on my lenovo ideapad z580 running win8 gets disconnected when i lock my screen
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks

A:Wifi Disconnecting when screen is locked

No responses yet? Hmm... Check device manager and uncheck this box to see if that helps:

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28903-wifi-disconnecting-when-screen-locked.html
Relevancy 54.61%

my v3-112p wifi keeps disconnecting and not reconnecting every sooften.i had a ethernet cable plugged in and now i dont the wifi is being weird noticed it yesterday(windows 10)

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/my-v3-112p-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-and-not-reconnecting-every/td-p/441825/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,My wifi connection keep shutting me out with limited access error. Please help me to solve this problem. Tried updating the drivers, tried with troubleshooting too. Still getting the same problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-keeps-disconnecting-or-showing-limited-access/td-p/5783035
Relevancy 54.18%

For a few days now, my laptop keeps randomly disconnecting from the wifi. The wifi is fine -- it still works on other devices -- and is still available with full bars but refuses to reconnect unless I restart my laptop, at which point it'll be connected and working fine again (until the the next time).
I've tried updating the wireless adapter drivers and turning off WiFi Sense but no dice.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/66432-laptop-keeps-disconnecting-wifi-have-restart-reconnect.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently bought my new Alienware laptop and it would connect to the wifi but no internet. Sometimes it works for a second or 1 minute. Now it's just a triangle with an exclamation mark saying it has no internet access. I already tried the power management. I am using a router; the other laptops in my house is fine. Could it be because the router couldn't support the internet of the Alienware? I remember seeing routers saying "Good for gaming!" something like that. I've been having this problem for 2 days now. Thanks

A:Solved: Wifi keeps disconnecting and then reconnects byitself

closing this duplicated post - continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1062805-connected-but-no-internet.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-and-then-reconnects-byitself.1062804/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey,
My desktop is connected to my router via cable. And it randomly gets disconnected from time to time. I've tried re-installing drivers. I get the red X on my network icon in the taskbar, which usually happens when a cable is unplugged. I fixes it self after a minute or 2, its never longer than 1 minute, usually 10-15 seconds, and it happens ever 10-15 minutes.

My wifi works fine, and I have a vonage box connected to my main router which works fine too. It's just my desktop. I've tried different ports, same problem.

I'm heading home in a few hours and I've picked up a new 5 meter cable to check with.

What else could be the problem if the new cable doesn't fix it.

My network adapter is the on baord one on the Asus Maximus Formula.

Thanks.

A:Network randomly disconnecting. Wifi works fine.

Seems to be something wrong within the cable or could be the network card within your pc? Did you try the cable on any other pc or that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/269535-network-randomly-disconnecting-wifi-works-fine.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello first time posting here after giving up trying to figure this out myself I searched for a good tech support site and found you guys Anyway this weekend I had a strange issue with my router It showed up on the connections list but could not be connected to resulting in a similar error fairly from disconnecting Computer regular intervals. wifi at to when the password is incorrect Once I was able to access the router or at least get the owner to reset it it was reachable again but ever since then Computer disconnecting from wifi at fairly regular intervals. I have been being disconnected every Computer disconnecting from wifi at fairly regular intervals. - minutes sometimes more sometimes less I do not have any info Computer disconnecting from wifi at fairly regular intervals. on the router since the situation is kind of complicated My network adapter in the laptop has been working perfectly for as long as I have had it so I do not think the issue lies there but I have not ruled it out I can run whatever tests can be done from the laptop itself if need be though may need walking through how to do them other than that I have little information available to me Also of note when I say disconnect I do not mean that it goes to limited connection but the connection just drops and I have to reconnect Qualcomm Atheros AR WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter Windows nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I have bought a new Dell Inspiron 1525 which has wireless 1395 mini card. My router is Compex Netpassage 27g. The problem is-over wifi-my Gtalk and online game(vcpoker etc.) keep disconnecting. I get an error- Could not connect to the gaming server. However, when i plug in the DSL cable directly to my laptop(not using the wifi), the problem disappears. There are no other computers working on this wifi network. My Wireless drivers are up to date. Is there a problem with my laptop or wifi router?
PLEASE HELP!!

A:Solved: Games and chat like Gtalk disconnecting over wifi

What was the solution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-games-and-chat-like-gtalk-disconnecting-over-wifi.794753/
Relevancy 53.32%

The laptop's wifi was Dell and D610 wifi from keeps Latitude disconnecting again reconnects working fine in my house before I only couldn't get it to connect at the local library even though there's free wifi there and my other laptop would connect straight away there but this dell laptop refused to connect so I just use it at home We just got a new home modem yesterday and the Dell Latitude D610 keeps disconnecting from wifi and reconnects again laptop's wifi now refuses to work in the house The desktop computer we have works just fine and the wifi on my phone also works fine I never have problems with that So the internet in the house works just fine I did some searches on my phone and found out updating the drivers could get the wifi on my laptop to work and I did that I used another computer downloaded and saved the drivers on a usb then used that to update the drivers on the laptop After I did this the wifi started connecting but not successfully It only connects for about minutes then disconnects itself for about mins then connects itself again When it disconnects it goes to another network on my network list I've used it at my school's campus before so sometimes I might find the check mark is Dell Latitude D610 keeps disconnecting from wifi and reconnects again beside my school's wifi name which's really weird - because I'm at home Other times I would find it beside another wifi name I've used it at another home before a year ago and I've found the check mark beside their network name as well Basically what I'm noticing is that it disconnects from the home network and goes to another on my list then goes back to our home network by itself and connects again It's driving me crazy What could be the problem and how can I fix it

A:Dell Latitude D610 keeps disconnecting from wifi and reconnects again

sounds like a signal strength issue
post a xirrus screen shot

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

Wi-Fi Inspector
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Download Xirrus Wi-Fi Monitor 1.2

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirrus...ctorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
How to use the Windows Snipping Tool

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
How to take a screenshot in Windows 8 - PC Advisor
How to take a screenshot in Windows 8 - PC Advisor
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/dell-latitude-d610-keeps-disconnecting-from-wifi-and-reconnects-again-880401.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys I have a laptop which is a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E model running on Window Pro OS It is a Core i - M CPU GHz GB RAM -bit OS nbsp My issue is WLAN WiFi keeps going ON and OFF every now and then The WiFi once connected keeps connecting and disconnecting every minute and it sometimes take forever to reconnect back I will need to right-click on the WiFi Symbol at the bottom right and click on 'Troubleshoot problems' to recover ThinkPad keeps E431 WiFi Edge disconnecting... Lenovo from this issue Once recovered it disconnects again nbsp Some Observations The issue could be nbsp because of the conflict between the Bluetooth drivers and the WiFi drivers If Bluetooth is disabled then the WiFi works correctly There will be no problems regarding the WiFi getting disconnected These are the following details of the hardwares and their respective driver versions nbsp Network Intel R Centrino R Wireless -N Driver Version Driver Date - - nbsp nbsp Bluetooth nbsp Intel R Wireless Bluetooth R Driver Version nbsp Driver Date nbsp - - nbsp I have no idea why these two are causing this issue but I really need to fix this And it has been atleast Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E431 WiFi keeps disconnecting... a year since I bought this laptop and it has been showing this problem since - months back nbsp Please let me know if there is a work around for this If not atleast I hope the above information might help fixing the Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E431 WiFi keeps disconnecting... issue nbsp If there is any additional information that is needed from me please leave a message and I will provide the information to you guys nbsp Thank you Shreyas Gombi

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Lenovo-ThinkPad-Edge-E431-WiFi-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting/td-p/3352247
Relevancy 53.32%

I have hp 15 r012tx laptop, i did a clean installation of windows 10. My wireless card has been acting up, sometimes it will drop connections and all i have to do is reconnect and it works fine and sometimes it just disappears from the device manager. When this occurs i have to restart the PC a couple of times just to get it working again. Although sometimes it might without a hitch for a few days before it starts acting up again. I have tried installing drivers from all sorts of place but none seem to work including the ones from official HP website specifically for my model.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WINDOWS-10-Ralink-RT3290-WiFi-Adapter-keeps-disconnecting/td-p/5704766
Relevancy 53.32%

Sooooo, how do I stop my wifi disconnecting in the USER account when switching the to ADMIN account.
Some of the programs I have do not allow me to use an elevated command prompt in the USER account, so when I switch back to the USER account from the ADMIN account, my wifi is disconnected............
This has seriously turned into a pain in the (3 letter word, last 2 being 'S'), is there a fix?! I've looked but I'm thinking I've missed something.

A:How to stop wifi disconnecting when swiching from USER to ADMIN.

bump.............

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286528-how-stop-wifi-disconnecting-when-swiching-user-admin.html
Relevancy 51.6%
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok this has been happening for a few weeks now with the connection either being slow or just displaying a yellow Constantly and internet from (no access) disconnecting internet slow triangle saying limited access and no internet access Constantly slow and disconnecting from internet (no internet access) Getting pretty Constantly slow and disconnecting from internet (no internet access) desperate and running out of ideas now so need to ask here Basically we switched ISPs after about a month of no internet our old modem was from ish and it was just a standard modem where you plug in a wireless router into it and it worked fine Now we have a wireless modem hub which we were using when I noticed my laptop started having these issues The other laptop phones tablets and PS connect fine and maintain connection So I decided to try connecting up our router and using that Cisco Linksys E which actually performs better anyway however the problem persists I did a complete reinstall of Windows bit HP thinking it would solve the problem I was planning on reinstalling anyway to speed it up but it made no difference Updated the drivers for the wifi card Atheros AR to the latest version Nothing I've googled and tried a bunch of things including disabling ipv ROUTE DELETE and resetting to disabling DHCP in ipv Right now in Device manager I'm also seeing a quot Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface quot which I've just noticed on this startup It has a yellow triangle on it and says cannot start code in properties So basically every so often the connection will either be slow or just won't start at all and on some boots of the system it'll just be stuck on quot Identifying quot for like seconds before becoming an quot Unidentified Network quot with the bench icon despite it being the same connection as the home connection I have Oddly enough right now it's working fine with full white bars in the bottom right and is fast but more often than not itll be doing the above I'll post a screencap of my ipconfig all anyway as it is Also for the record I don't have McAfee or bonjour installed I saw these were common culprits with this problem too Also tried disabling Avast and Windows Firewall and right now my router has security disabled and no MAC address filter It's fine for other devices like I said

A:Constantly slow and disconnecting from internet (no internet access)

Aaron mate some system specs please
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/329875-constantly-slow-disconnecting-internet-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My wifi connections goes off and only stay disconnecting on keeps other laptop Wifi phones one and connected laptop on on my Hp laptop several times in an hours time It stays off sometimes for two minutes and Wifi keeps disconnecting only on one laptop other laptop and phones stay connected sometimes for or more minutes My other laptop and phone stay connected to the wifi What do I need to do I found this site thru anther forum and I went to their link they had in the forum and it took me to the InSSider Page of this site I clicked on Wifi keeps disconnecting only on one laptop other laptop and phones stay connected the download link for WIndows and it downloaded and installed on my computer and then just went back to that same page I thought it was suppose to run a scan analyzer on my computer So where and what do I need to do for it to run a scan on my computer to check the channels being used and possible interference with my wifi Or if there is something else that I need to do to fix my wifi connection issue Thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-only-on-one-laptop-other-laptop-and-phones-stay-connected.219141/
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok this might be quite long because it s quite complicated So here s the deal Connected to my router I ve got a PC downstairs a ps downstairs and this PC upstairs the one with the problem There all wired connections but this upstairs PC just keeps disconnecting randomly for no reason that i can figure out sometimes in reconnects itself within a few seconds sometimes its goes to limited keeps My Internet disconnecting. or no connectivity and other times i have to My Internet keeps disconnecting. pull the ethernet cable out an put it back in Everything was fine My Internet keeps disconnecting. until I formatted a week My Internet keeps disconnecting. or so ago and now i have this problem The PC downstairs is fine an doesn t have any problems same with the ps So I figure the router is working If I use the same ethernet cable from this upstairs PC and use it for my it works fine and that doesn t disconnect So I figure its not the cable If I use the other network card on this PC it still has the same problem So I figure it s not the network card I m not an expert but I think it s something to do with this PC like the settings or something I don t have a clue how to fix it but it s driving me up the wall So please if anyone with a bit more knowledge than I have can help it would be great Plus if anyone wants more details please let me know Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My Internet keeps disconnecting.

Well, lots of prose, but no actual technical details.
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-internet-keeps-disconnecting.824603/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am on fiber and just recently my internet connection keeps disconnecting. When I check my network connections it says that I am connected but I still cant get on the internet. I haven't installed any new programs and have run multiple virus and spyware scans. The only thing that works is to unplug the cable and plug it back in but 10 or 15 minutes later it will stop working again. I cant figure out if this is a virus or maybe I need a new NIC.

I posted this in the web and email and then realized i should have posted it here

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey Guys.

I recently bought a WRK54G Linksys Router and setting up was a breeze. Now im using a TRENDnet PCI Adapter to catch the signal, and that works fairly well too. I get Good - Excellent Signal using it, which is great. But im having one problem...even though my signal strength is from Good - Excellent...my computer will all of a sudden pop up and say "One or More Wireless Networks Are Available"...so then I have to click on it and click "Connect" everytime, which is pretty annoying because I want my Wireless Internet to connect on its own, without me having to click "Connect".

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Windows 2000 Professional Computer.
My internet always zaps out at a certain time - always 2:00 PM (est).
I have three computers connected to the same network and they run fine.
My ISP is BellSouth Inc.
My service is ADSL connection
My speed is 3.14 Mbps.
The computer is on limited rights so I have no access to administrative options.
What do I do!?
Is there a setting with the LAN card?
Please some one HELP! I am sick of restarting my computer everytime at the time it disconnects...

Relevancy 47.73%

My internet connection keeps cutting out even after refreshing my computer. It appears to be a driver issue, but I have the latest driver for my product from the HP website.

A:My internet keeps on disconnecting

Hi: What model wireless network adapter does your notebook have? There may be a newer driver available from a HP business notebook with the same wifi adapter. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-internet-keeps-on-disconnecting/td-p/5763051
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi i recently bought a wireless USB adapter so i can connect to my router as my older one broke. The one i had before worked fine and was easy able to connect to my router with high connection, but with this new adapter i can still connect but have pretty low signal like 2 or 3 bars and whenever i try downloading anything or try watching films or just surfing the web for like 10 minutes it says limited access with a yellow exclamation mark on the signal bar and the only way to reconnect to the internet is to first disconnect and reconnect every time. please help i have no clue why it is doing this or what is doing this any help you give will be very much appreciated, thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

hi my internet keeps disconnecting and i have to unplug and replug my router for it to work again

i am currently using Linksys WRT54GS

i have attached a log file

View attachment hijackthis.log

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey Guys,

I was wondering i have recently kept being dissconeccted from the internet. I have found out this is due to something called Marvell Yukon Gigabite Ethernet Controller being installed. If i uninstall this from Device Manager and then shut down computer and start it back up again my connection is fine !!!!!

The marvell Yukon ethernet controller has a wierd number next to it but cannot remember it at this time...
If you need this number i can get it for you please just ask

Any help will be usefull thanks alot

A:Internet Disconnecting

can you post a pic of the device manager

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/232687-internet-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I am having an internet connection issue disconnecting pc 1 keeps from internet with one of my home pc's I use DSL have pc's in the home and a router The other pc's are perfectly fine and have no internet connection issues The pc in question is running Windows XP SP I use Ventrilo for communications and play video games on this 1 pc keeps disconnecting from internet pc Usually between minutes and hours my ventrilo connection and video game connection will all disconnect at the same time I try many things to re-establish the connection but all fail When I try ipconfig renew I receive a message stating the DHCP 1 pc keeps disconnecting from internet server is unavailable Rebooting always fixes the problem I've used PC Doctor to do a test of my network card and it passes I have removed my network connections and allowed Windows to auto detect them I have defrag'd my hard drive updated Windows etc I have ensured the network card does not use any power save option nor does my pc My anti-virus software Norton expired on but I still use it and it detects no problems I created a HijackThis report which is below Any assistance would be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS ehome ehSched exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Ventrilo Ventrilo exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP B B-DCAB- - EE - F hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS Sy... Read more

A:1 pc keeps disconnecting from internet

no replies? Any suggestions would be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/1-pc-keeps-disconnecting-from-internet-265689.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I am here to see if anyone can help me with my internet problem. Ever since I got pc-cillin 2006 security, at around 1-2AM in the morning I lose my internet connection. I know this because I leave my AIM name on and come back in the morning and it says "Connection lost. Check your internet connection." And also the internet doesn't work. This happens EVERY night. Around the same time. I checked my linksys router settings, and it says its running 24 hours a day all day every day. I checked my pc-cillin security and it does not say anything about that... If any of you guys have had problems like this, or could possibly help, I would be GREATLY appreciated

A:Internet disconnecting

What happens if you disable it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnecting.495071/
Relevancy 47.73%

Every minutes or so I have to move my ethernet cable keeps Internet disconnecting. between ports on my router I have no idea what s happening but it s really Internet keeps disconnecting. getting on my nerves I ll just be Internet keeps disconnecting. setting here playing a game or browsing the internet when it disconnects I ve done various virus and malware scans on my computer and they have turned up nothing Internet keeps disconnecting. I ve plugged the ethernet cable into another computer and it works fine on that computer I even thought it could be the router or the modem but none of the other computers in the house are having trouble I am at a loss as to how this can happen Most of my life s problems come from computers and it s getting down to the point to where I don t want to buy a computer anymore because they usually come half or completely broken I bought this thing brand new in October so there should be no reason for hardware problems I just don t understand what s going on nbsp

A:Internet keeps disconnecting.

Hi:When you plugged another pc using the same cable,did you use the same router/modem port ?
Assuming that this is a multiport router,have you tested this with one of the other ports ?
Same problem if you hardwire directly into the modem ?
About the only thing I can think of is to go to your pc maker's web site and download any more current driver for your model and adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-disconnecting.933162/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello guys my name is Lazybone and I need help. Alright the problem is that my internet disconnects every like 1-2 hours. I search for solutions but they said to go device manager, then uninstall the network adapter and then scan for hardware changes. Then it will work. I tried that but it didn't work. Can someone help me?

A:Internet Keeps Disconnecting.

Hi can you give some more info on how your connected wired or wireless,the make and model of your computer,laptop or desktop,if custom built the make and model of the mother board,if wireless the make and model of the card, any info may help someone here help you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-keeps-disconnecting-451537.html
Relevancy 47.73%

help guys my net keeps disconnecting... I am on Talk Talk ISP..

previously i had a netgear router and my internet kept disconnecting so i bought a belking router and still the same thing, the adsl keeps disconnecting. both the routers were adsl wirless modems.

the internet disconnects every 1 hour or so and sometimes even within 10 20 minutes. i have also tried changing the filter and changing the ethernet and dsl line but still no luck.

please help

A:Internet Keeps disconnecting

Probably a problem with either your interior wiring, or more likely, the ISP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-disconnecting.887812/
Relevancy 47.73%

On my self built pc, I am experiencing internet problems. On the network icon on the taskbar, it keeps getting the exclamation point in the yellow triangle. When I troubleshoot, it says "the connection between your access point router and the internet is broken".

My laptop is connected wirelessly and is not having any connection problems. My pc is the only one using an ethernet cable and is having issues.

Any suggestions?

(I have already tried shutting off the router and then restarting it. Sometimes is fixes it for a couple of minutes and then I get the exclamation point again. Other times, I restart it and the issue still persists)

A:New Pc keeps disconnecting from the internet

Hi from Sevenforums,

Can you fill in as many details as you can see below:
Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

Could you also post a screenshot of device manger under network adapters with your ethernet controller showing under general.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332733-new-pc-keeps-disconnecting-internet.html
Relevancy 47.73%

my internet works fine but after a few - mins surfing disconnects when i restart my computer it works fine for another - mins before disconnecting i have ran adaware sybot and avg more all found nothing and have tried doing a system restore but this wouldnt complete properlyi have ran dds but am unsure what to do with it please could somebody helpDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by mick at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV AVG internet disconnecting Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Outdated FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system rundll exeC Windows system svchost internet disconnecting exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files a-squared Free a service exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AskBarDis bar bin AskService exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC Windows system PSIService exeC Program Files internet disconnecting Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exeC Windows system rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor Uninstall exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows System mobsync exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Users mick Downloads dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp hotmail com uWindow Title Internet Explorer Provided By Sky BroadbanduDefault Page URL hxxp www sky comuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuSearchURL Default hxxp uk search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p suURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO a af-f - ed - a- fd d d - No FileBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO E ... Read more

A:internet disconnecting

ello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222418/internet-disconnecting/
Relevancy 47.73%

Okey, Hello guys, this seems decent forums to ask for help...

Im using portatable Modem Huawei something ( not important )
Stable 4g internet, fast and lovely.
My problem is that my internet connection just randomly disconnects for maybe a minute or 2 and reconnects, sometimes, but very rarely it doesnt disconnect but pops up this on network. Trouble shooting shows me that win cant connect to DNS server. It happens very often when im downloading/uploading torrents, lil less often when playing Games like League of Legends. THis can happen maybe twice a day, or even twice in 10minutes. Ive reinstalled windows, doesnt help, ive used 2 diferent modems, doesnt help, So i have no idea where to go on from here. Im certain it has trouble uploading data... I would really like to have help with this as on some other forums, nobody even tries to help. Ask me for more info or anything i can supply you with.

Open Device Manager, expand Network Adapters. Post a screen capture here.

Do the following twice. Once when all is working correctly. Capture data and save.
Do again when it's not working. Post both results in a reply here.

Open a Elevated Command Prompt:

Press WIN + X to open Start context menu.
Select Command Prompt (Admin)​.

Paste the following into the Command Prompt window, exactly as shown, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" | find /i "proxy" >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close. Post results in a reply here.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/126688-internet-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Yeah I have a problem with my laptop it keeps disconnecting then will reconnect randomly between and mins later During this quot down time quot I try many things to get the internet back on and none of the attempts at solving the problem ever work reseting the router repairing the IP address etc I use the windows messenger troubleshooter and it says the problem is my DNS I have tried multiple settings with my DNS none of them working so disconnecting... DNS? Internet keeps far OpenDNS being one I use my laptop as a bridge between the router and my xbox so I don t have to purchase the wireless adaptor for the xbox I m poor and it is really Internet keeps disconnecting... DNS? annoying when the internet goes off when I am in the middle of a game race fight online Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be and how I could resolve it If you do you re the best nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i wasent sure where to.

i today purchased windows 7 ultimate 64bit and for some reason every 5 minutes if i am lucky my net cuts off.. i know its not the isp fault because i have a ps3 and two other lap tops and any other system even my nokia n97 connects fine and doesent have this problem..

im not sure what i did wrong, does anyone know how to fix this or has had this problem?

A:disconnecting internet

Quote: Originally Posted by paliometoxo

i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i wasent sure where to.

i today purchased windows 7 ultimate 64bit and for some reason every 5 minutes if i am lucky my net cuts off.. i know its not the isp fault because i have a ps3 and two other lap tops and any other system even my nokia n97 connects fine and doesent have this problem..

im not sure what i did wrong, does anyone know how to fix this or has had this problem?

Click on the network icon, bottom right, and then troubleshoot. If that does not work, go to search, type, cmd then ipconfig and give us a screen shot.

Did you do a clean install of Windows?
Did you download or buy a retail DVD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/42400-disconnecting-internet.html
Relevancy 47.73%

For some odd reason, my internet tends to disconnect every time at 3:00 AM. After it disconnects, it comes right back. This becomes a big hassle after a while. Sometimes there are repeated disconnections through the day and it becomes very frustrating, but it ALWAYS disconnects at 3:00 for some reason. I have DSL and I'm using a netgear modem. Is there any way to fix this?

Have you contacted your ISP to ask if they are doing something with their servers or software at that time?
Do you have anything on your computer that is scheduled to run automatically at that time?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125631/internet-disconnecting/
Relevancy 47.73%

My sister just bought a new laptop - Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series, 6 GB ram, 1TB HD.
Sometimes when she or I 1st log in & go online - nothing connects.
Other times while going from one website to another and even later going back to one of the original websites - disconnected.

We've tried everything we know (I don't like Win. 8 but keep trying to fix) - We've reset the modem & the wireless.

I searched & did find that Dell have problems in 2010 with this occurring - and after trying to find problem - screen says - DNS is not responding.

Is really irritating.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting -

Also we have a New Modem & a New Wireless Router - so that can't be the problem - and recently had the cable company check their cables - all were working well.

So the problem is the Dell laptop - & the "DNS is not responding" problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/internet-keeps-disconnecting-891449.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have Toshiba Satellite L15W-B that is running Windows 8 and the internet connection keeps disconnecting. This happens on multiple networks and I am not having the same problem with any other devices that are connected to the same wi-fi network. The device will either completely disconnect or say "limited" but, either way, I am not able to access the internet. I can usually reconnect although sometimes it says "cannot connect to this network" but if I turn my wi-fi off then on again it usually fixes the problem. At first, this only happened every once in a while but it is starting to occur more and more frequently (currently this happens several times an hour) and the situation is passing from annoying to extremely frustrating. Thanks in advance for any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-disconnecting.1167382/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all I have a Dell Vostro Have Windows Am using a router to connect wirelessly to internet and have a Dell Lan Mini card While surfing the net my Pc s connection suddenly cuts off and i have to disable and Internet keeps disconnecting enable the wlan card to restore the connectivity it happens randomly but at-least once in hrs I have this software Soluto recommeded by howtogeek com which shows which hardware u r have problems with Internet keeps disconnecting it said i had problems with DW WLAN Card Utility when i open it and do the diagnostics it says Internet IP Ping test has failed but i am not sure if thats affecting my connection My ipconfig all results as below Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name Professor Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -E - -C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address -E - -C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dcc e e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-FC- -F - D-A - A-B -F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D-A - A-B -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E B FE- - -A F- BA BD C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B F -DFD - -BDB - FF AFCB D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A B D - BCE- F -A E -F C FE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb e f fffc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e f fffc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Plz help asap nbsp