Windows Support Forum

Laptop sound problem

Q: Laptop sound problem

Hello, Im using Medion Akoya laptop, win 7 32bit.. The problem started 4-5 months ago when sound just stopped after a few minutes of use, and as time passed sound worked shorter and shorter, a month ago it worked just so I could hear the windows starting sound, and it stopped after a few secs.. Now I cant even hear it.. But when I plug in headphones or other speakers it works.. I tried reinstalling windows, playing with the drivers and sound options in device manager, tried everything I could find on google.. But either its my low understanding of what people say or just a different problem (I never found a post that had the SAME problem as me).. Please help me if u can, I want to sell my laptop and I cant do that like this..

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop sound problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop sound problem

Update : I installed the soundcard drivers that I found for this exact laptop, uninstalled drivers that were installed with windows update, installed the driver I downloaded, system sounds worked properly untill I went to youtube and watched a video for like 30 secs.. then it just stopped like it used to when this problem first showed up..
Also I noticed that when laptop goes to saving mode, or whatever(screen goes black) like a black screen saver, and when I move the mouse a bit to wake it and continue the video, it has sound, but stops after a while again..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-sound-problem.216439/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an HP Pavilion dv6-1355dx. It got a drink of coffee on the keyboard a while back. The v key stopped working and the speakers made a sizzling sound for a bit then just stopped working. I am not very tech savy (I am a nurse) but I downloaded the manual and was able to replace the keyboard which now works fine. I initially replaced the audio board but still did not get sound. I then went and replaced the speaker assembly. I still have no sound. The computer is working fine otherwise and I am convinced that I connected everything correctly.

Any insights into what may be wrong still? Thanks for your time!

A:Laptop Sound Problem

Forgive me if this is too obvious a question , but did you load the drivers for the new audio board?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-sound-problem.1129385/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Compaq laptop on which the sound card has died. I have been in contact with Compaq and they can do nothing for me.

I was hoping to get a PCMCIA sound card, but they seem to be an extinct item. Does anyone have any ideas? I have WindowsME on the computer.

Thanks -
Karen

Relevancy 46.87%

It's a Compaq presario 700 laptop, XP SP2 home edition, 486mb ram AmD athalon and for some reason just recently the sound is not working right.
If I'm playing a music file the sound that comes out is all broken up.
This just started happening within the last week and I did uninstall (delete) the sound drivers and when I rebooted they re-installed, but I have the same problem.
Any suggestions?

A:Problem with my sound on laptop.....FIX?

Are your speakers built in? Try other speakers or headphones. Check to see if you get the bad sound from a CD as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-my-sound-on-laptop-fix.479026/
Relevancy 46.87%

Dell lattitude D600 w/ Windows XP professional

My sound stops working after each shutdown/restart. I have to reinstall my sound card if I want sound. I spoke with Dell, they walked me through some steps, but couldn't figure it out. They think I need to start over and reinstall windows. I'm not willing to do that. I've got the latest Sigma Tell C-major audio driver and I'll keep reinstalling it if I have to. I shouldn't have to though.

anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Relevancy 46.87%

using advent roma 1000 with windows 7.i have lost all sound from external speakers except a clicking sound which dissapeares somtimes when lid is moved ( sound from headphones is fine ); which leads me to suspect a bad connection.
i have checked drivers and various fix it solutions and all report all is working.
can anyone give me some advise or point me in the direction of any free manuals so i can safely strip it down and effect any repairs needed .
any help would be much appreciated .
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 3032 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1292 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 143124 MB, Free - 80320 MB;
Motherboard: Advent , Roma , ,
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I've been having problem's with my laptops sound since yesterday I haven't uninstalled any of the drivers I've also rebooted allowing Windows Update's to install and have searched Sound a with Laptop. on Problem for new driver updated for the sound None of these seem to be the issue and my laptop picks up that the Problem with Sound on a Laptop. Sound is there and that the drivers are up to date When I fiddle with the Problem with Sound on a Laptop. Volume icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen to adjust the volume it doesn't detect there being any sound there but if I click on Sounds Playback Speakers Enhancements then Preview it makes a sound also that sound does adjust with whatever volume I place it at Also when clicking on Advanced in the same section and then clicking Test I also get a Sound But if I go back to Sounds then click the Sounds tab and click one or more of those to test I get no sound again Windows Live Messenger's notice toasts sounds are hearable but things such as videos on the interweb aren't Any ideas Also I did download TweakVista the previous day When my sound was fine and uninstalled it and for some reason it wiped all my restore points and changed a lot of settings such re enabling my UAC

A:Problem with Sound on a Laptop.

Hi -

Are ALL Windows Updates installed, including Vista SP1 & Vista SP2?

www.update.microsoft.com

Update your audio drivers - go directly to the device manufacturer's support site, e.g., Realtek, or ??, if possible.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-sound-on-a-laptop-514960.html
Relevancy 46.87%

i installed windows xp on my laptop and the sound doesnt work. it says there is no sound card installed but the sound was working before i installed xp.

what is wrong with it?

A:laptop sound problem

You need to go to the manufacturers web site for that laptop,
dowload and install the drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-sound-problem-79717.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an new hdtv (has vga in)/ pc in 3.5mm jack for sound. Here is the exact tv. My laptop has the vga and a headphone jack. When I hook it up (using vga and audio cables), the pic works great, but there is no sound. Are there any solutions to this problem?

I have small speakers that work if I hook them up, when I unplug the audio wire from the laptop sound from the laptop works fine.

(laptop is a toshiba I got last christmas)

A:Laptop to tv sound problem

Go into your menu and look closely at the Audio options. Look to see if it states in is Analog in or Digital in. Not for certain but would bet you problem lies in the way it is looking for an audio signal when in the VGA or PC video input mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-to-tv-sound-problem.890541/
Relevancy 46.87%

I was watching a movie on my laptop (dell inspiron 5150) with just the internal speakers, then paused it and put in some head phones to listen more closely, and when I pressed play again, there was no sound in the head phones and no sound came out of the internal speakers when I unplugged the head phones. The sound is all the way up, I don't know what else to check. Any help would be much appreciated.

-Jake

A:Laptop sound problem...

The only thing I could suggest is to check your soundcard settings/volume controls.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-sound-problem.47849/
Relevancy 46.87%

hey all

i have a hp pavilion dv6-6150us ,,i was on youtube and suddenly the sound stopped working ,,no sound coming out from the laptop speakers ,, my on-board sound card is IDT ,,i downloaded the correct driver fro hp site ,,but it wont install ,, showing an error that the hardware detected is not supported by IDT software,, the sound only works when i connect my laptop to a tv using a hdmi cable ,, there is an "X" mark on my sound icon ,,i tired everything from uninstall ,remove ,re-install the audio drive ,, i think the problem is that its only detecte the graphic card hdmi as a playback audio device ,,and the onboard sound card is somehow disabled ,,i cant find the enable option on my bios setup !!

i have some screen shots to help understanding my problem ..

excuse my english !!

A:HP laptop No sound problem

Doublecheck the BIOS for the sound option. It may be listed as "legacy" audio controller, integrated audio, etc. If there is a BIOS reset option, you could also try that as generally the audio is enabled in the default settings.

Also, reinstall the Intel motherboard chipset drivers and then see if you can install the IDT. The chipset drivers define (identify) all the devices on the motherboard.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/51695-hp-laptop-no-sound-problem.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My sound is not working at all and I can't figure out the problem.

HP DV6810 Laptop
Vista Home premium

Symptom: Sound does not come through speakers or headphone jack. The "speaker" in the system tray has a red x.

I tried opening the mixer but it is greyed out. I checked the device manager and there are only drivers for bluetooth. (I'm not sure what those are for). I deleted those drivers and rebooted the computer. The system recognized the sound card but only installed the bluetooth drivers again.

Can someone give me some guidance?

A:Laptop sound problem

sounds like a driver issue to me. you need to download and install the latest drivers for your sound card from the manufacturers website. if you dont know who made it the download berlarc advisor. failing that all new laptops should come with a driver disk (assuming its new)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-sound-problem.177135/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all My laptop gateway vtx sound stopped working suddenly last week I was watching a youtube video paused it came back about minutes later and the Sound Problem Laptop sound was not working anymore Coincidentally a Windows update had started during that minutes I have tried to plug in headphones and external speakers and nothing seems to be working I have checked to make sure that the volume was not muted or Laptop Sound Problem set at a really low volume also that my sound quot card quot sigma tel c-audio was the default sound device Checked in Device Manager and there were no conflicts under the Sound Video and Game Controllers When i Clicked Showed hidden devices there was one Under the Non-Plug and Play Devices it is Serial and has a yellow circle if that helps Also did a system restore to the previous day before the sound stopped working to no avail I have updated all of the drivers sound usb chipset that are on gateway support page I even tried the DirectX Diagnostic Tool which under Sound amp i heard no sound but Laptop Sound Problem under music i heard somewhat of a beat but only when the volume was Maxed out nothing when at mid level but it sounded like a quot blown speaker quot Any Other Information that Laptop Sound Problem you May Need I ll be more than happy to provided I am running Windows Xp SP Thanks in Advanced nbsp

A:Laptop Sound Problem

I would remove the everything under sound, and reload the sound drivers from the cd that should have come with the laptop. Barring that, go to Gateway's website and download them again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-sound-problem.903530/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have problem with sound on my laptop after I download windows 8 on my laptop. I could not hear any sound at all. my laptop model is dell inspiron 1420(old model) and it previously run windows xp. why is that happen? is it not compatible with my lappy or else? can you help me to solve this problem ? I have no idea at all to solve this thing. thanks a lot .

A:I have problem with sound on my laptop

Hi Mieza,

I had the same problem with XP (No Sound) at all after Win 8 pro Upgrade..
Thing is I looked that hard I forgot the link Page.

This is the Microsoft (Hotfix) link, but like I said can't remember the site.
Hotfix link..(http://hotfixy4.microsoft.com/Windows%
20XP/latest/UAA HD Audio OOB release/5011/free/198658 intl i386 zip exe

You Download Hotfix, It will upload to your C:/ drive.
Goto settings..Device manager..Network controller, in their you
will see (Update Driver) click (Update Driver) and if will install (Xear 3D) CMI Audio.

You should. have all bells ringing.

I also have no (Wifi) Win 8 knocked out my (Creatix 802 11g) Driver.
Cant find a replacement yet.

I Have the zip folder on my deasktop, if any moderator can tell me how
to upload it, (198658_int zip).

BF.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/13019-i-have-problem-sound-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an Asus A6rp laptop. Did a format and installed Windows Xp with Service pack 3. Installed all drivers. The problem is that I am getting no sound.
From Asus I downloaded the audio driver and the UAA bus driver and Audio driver. It says to install the UAA bus driver and Audio driver (51mb) then the other audio driver(22mbs).

When I open UAA bus driver and Audio driver there is only patches there in many languages. But they are for service pack 1 and 2. I install the small file audio driver and it installs correctly and asks for a restart. When I do a restart I still have no sound.

In control panel i have a pci device with no driver. I installed all drives from Asus site.

I am really at a loss here. Any help will be appreciated.

A:Laptop sound problem

Please close this thread as I think its in the wrong section. Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-sound-problem-321060.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a sound problem with my Hitachi laptop. It's about three yrs. old. Just last night, the sound was working perfectly. Today, when I turned it on to play an MP3, it played it, but softer and fuzzier. And later today, it no longer plays at all. How can I fix this?

update: now I get a message whenever i try to play an MP3 saying "mmsystem032 the specified format cannot be translated or supported. use the capabilities function to view supported formats." I have the format set up for MP3. What's with this, too?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-sound-on-laptop.69561/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I bought a laptop through the catalogue - ACE and it was listed as a Qmultimedia laptop. It does not have a particular make or model anywhere on the laptop and after trying to get help from ACE regarding this problem I am having with the sound, they have been no use at all.

The trouble is when I go to the control panel and I click on "Sounds and Audio", everything is faded out. I go to the device manager and under sounds it says:

-Audio Codecs
-Legacy Audio Drivers
-Legacy Video Capture Devices
-Media Control Devices
-Video Codecs

All of them say they are working fine. Why might the sound be all faded out in the control panel? I have a microphone symbol just above the laptop mousepad so surely that means I can get sound?

The problem is not knowing what make the laptop actually is. Can someone please help me?

A:Laptop no sound problem

Hello. As you describe it this is a driver problem. Try to reinstall the audio drivers. Try to find another driver for your sound card.
I might not be right. I will wait for a "doctor" to reply on this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-no-sound-problem.645129/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a HP dv7-1285dx, and I don't really use headphones that often on my laptop so when I recently did use them I discovered that sound only comes out of the left ear piece. The sound on my latop works fine, i have tested it and both speakers display the *bing* sound during windows 7 sound test, however, with the head phones plugged in there is no sound in the right side of the ear. I have tested up to 4 different headphones and the problem is still there.

More than a year ago I sent it in to HP because according to them the motherboard needed to be replaced, maybe they took it out and didn't reinstall it/it's loose or something like that? Any ideas on what I can do to fix it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-headphones-sound-problem.162181/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a very weird problem with my laptop
i have a SAMSUNG ATIV BOOK2 laptop , i bought it like two weeks ago , and i have this weird problem on it ....
sometimes when i turn the laptop on , the speakers just dont work , and i have to restart the computer , i even sometimes have to plug it off the power source and replug it back again for the speakers to work
whats even weirder is that it happens occasionally , so i cant go to the seller and wait for a miracle to happen so he can notice the problem

can somebody help me

A:a weird problem with sound on my laptop

Hi, Check for sound drivers. Download the latest drivers for the sound card.

check this link. you will find all the drivers for your laptop here.

NP270E5E - DOWNLOADS | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/305106-weird-problem-sound-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone. used this site before and help was great.

I have an Hp laptop Dv5128tx running windows vista. The problem lies in the quicklaunch buttons at the top for volume up, down and mute. The computer simply dosnt respond to them when they are pressed. For example, i would press volume up, the little icon for sound at the bottom changes, and shows the volume being raised by adding more bars, but the sound does not change. When i press mute, the icon changes to a sound muted icon, but again, the sound does not mute.

The only way to change the sound is by sliding the bars for sound in the program your using or by using the vista mixer sound feature.

Any ideas?

thanks

steviedee>>>

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-laptop-vista-sound-problem-152044.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I am having trouble with Vista Ultra which I have installed on my laptop.
I have no sound from my laptop speakers, even though the volume control, (and the others), are not muted, and it shows the green volume bar move up and down when on test, (by looking through 'properties' in the sound, in control panel).

I thought that perhaps Vista could not detect that I was using a laptop, and so plugged in a pair of external speakers, but no, no sound!.

When using xp, on laptop, or a tower unit, I could select the type of speakers I was using, but there does not seem to be this option in Vista.

I can see others have had sound problems, but reading the solutions that helped them does not seem to be able to assist me.

Anyone have the solution please?

A:Vista sound problem, on Laptop

Have you tried doing a search for an updated sound driver from the manufacturers web site?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-sound-problem-on-laptop-286113.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys! I have a Lenovo G50-70 Laptop and there is a problem with the sound. The thing is that I can't listen to anything from my laptop unless I plug in my headphones or speakers...I use Windows 10 and Sound drivers are normally installed in the System.Does anybody know how I can fix it? Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/SOUND-PROBLEM-LENOVO-G50-70-LAPTOP/td-p/3400843
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I am having trouble with Vista Ultra which I have installed on my laptop.
I have no sound from my laptop speakers, even though the volume control, (and the others), are not muted, and it shows the green volume bar move up and down when on test, (by looking through 'properties' in the sound, in control panel).

I thought that perhaps Vista could not detect that I was using a laptop, and so plugged in a pair of external speakers, but no, no sound!.

When using xp, on laptop, or a tower unit, I could select the type of speakers I was using, but there does not seem to be this option in Vista.

I can see others have had sound problems, but reading the solutions that helped them does not seem to be able to assist me.

Anyone have the solution please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-sound-problem-on-laptop-286110.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a new Toshiba Satellite M55-S325 which, when I turn it on, it doesn't launch W/XP. It puts up a screen that that has a message along the bottom "Hit F2 to launch setup or hit F12 to launch boot options" and then I get a blue screen with4 options and if I just hit enter the default highlited one W/XP gets launched. Also I don't get any sound, but sound button does not show muted. Greg & Grimm

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone I got an Averatec H laptop Problem Laptop stereo Jack Sound which I recently bought off ebay I have a problem with the sound The place where the headphones are supposed to go in the female jack is ruptured and thus I guess that it doesnt work because I dont get sound either on the laptop speakers or my headphones It used to work fine before but one night I guess I forced my headphones Laptop Sound stereo Jack Problem jack too hard into the plug and something inside is broken and hence no sound I noticed there is also a microphone jack next to the headphone jack Is there some way I could reconfigure my computer Laptop Sound stereo Jack Problem to permanently use the microphone jack as my headphone jack and my head phone jack as my microphone jack simply put I want windows to swap headphone for microphone so that I can once again listen to music through the old microphone jack I tried opening my lappy and see if there are any wires I could physically swap to make this possible but I guess everything is inside the circuit so I couldnt do that My only other option of getting any sound from my lappy would be through a USB sound card but I dont wanna do that as it just adds to the accessory I have to tug around with my lappy Does anyone have a solution for my problem please help Regards zaurav nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

hi! i'm using a dell inspiron|1200 laptop. after my nephew accidentally drop it on the carpet (slightly), the sounds cannot be heard anymore. i tried to troubleshoot it but still nothing. i already re-formatted the laptop hoping that hardware is not the problem but it still not working.. can anybody help me pls? maybe the sound card or any chip was loosen after the fall?? i want a technician to look at it but i dont have money for that. i want to look at it myself but i'm scared i might do a serious damage or i'll get electrecuted.. pls help. thanks

by the way, i already checked the "device manager" thing and it seems all of the "devices are working properly."

A:Sound Problem Of My Inspiron|1200 Laptop

Sadly, a drop is a drop no matter how "lightly" it was. You do not have a sound card. You have a soldered in chip, which unfortunately, needs to be looked at by a tech. I would recommend a small mom 'n pop repair shop. Nothing like Geek Squad

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169718/sound-problem-of-my-inspiron1200-laptop/
Relevancy 46.01%

My google phone in google email says it cannot detect a proper working audio setup but the sound throughout the rest of the computer works just fine. One day it was fine and when I went back to it the next day my sound on the phone had disappeared for no reason I can find. It tells me to ensure that my microphone is working properly and try again. The phone sound in my Skype doesn't work either but the sound is fine everywhere but in the phones...If anyone can steer me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-laptop-sound-problem.972637/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I have a asus x52f laptop the volume is at 100 per sent and with the correct drivers installed but the sound is still low can anyone help with this problem.

A:asus x52f laptop sound problem.

Has it always been like that? Looking around it seems the volume level might be a problem with that model. Might be worth some external amplified speakers - you can get some small units these days that are quite good. Even the ones on a phone dock can be way ahead of those on a laptop and they have an inbuilt amplifier.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/asus-x52f-laptop-sound-problem/1534.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hi there guys my friend - vista laptop problem basic sound has a trouble with her new laptop she just bought it a month ago and the other day she had a prob with her sounds practically she has no sound i don t know her comp specs and she doesn t know how to tell me her comp specs all she knows laptop vista basic - sound problem is its a vista basic and it s a laptop she s in another part of italy so i can t go to her house to check it out myself thx edit i asked my friend if she had the quot my computer quot in her desktop or startmenu but she said that she doesn t have them i dont know how to find out what her problem is with her sound in her comp i told her to install hijackthis and to send me a logfile of the scan and here it is Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows System p phost exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C PROGRA HEWLET Shared HPQTOA EXE C Windows system conime exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http it yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http it yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http it yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer admin it R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - B... Read more

A:laptop vista basic - sound problem

sori i made an early bump,,, its for a friend,,, sori again,,,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-vista-basic-sound-problem.624490/
Relevancy 46.01%

Erratically the sound which is not always available will accentuate to a high-pitched scream sound with and new Major laptop problem Windows 8 which necessitates closing Major sound problem with new laptop and Windows 8 the ears and turning down the volume control which is not maximal With the speakers volume control at about tapping on the betzel or the screen is greatly amplified through the speakers At other times no sound is available when music is Major sound problem with new laptop and Windows 8 playing I accomplished this by trying to do away with the obnoxious Sound Blaster X-Fi MB and Xbox which come on full-screen and allow no other activities Windows key and D gives me back the desktop but the music stops and the player goes away I have adjusted what seemed like every possible sound variable without effect Interestingly I had similar problems using an older laptop which is one of the reasons I purchased the Major sound problem with new laptop and Windows 8 new laptop This has to mean that I am the problem or possibly my environment I do use a Revolabs USB microphone and on occasion unplugging the microphone has ended the loud screaming On other occasions the screaming noise is present when the microphone is not plugged in I ll greatly appreciate any advice EVEREST Home Edition c - Lavalys Inc ------------------------------------------------------------ Version EVEREST v Homepage Computer Diagnostics amp Network Audits Software Lavalys com Report Type Quick Report Computer W Generator gw Operating System Windows Pro Professional Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Windows Pro Professional OS Service Pack - DirectX DirectX c Computer Name W CPU Type x MHz Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type Unknown Display Video Adapter GeForce GTX M Video Adapter Intel R HD Graphics MB Video Adapter Intel R HD Graphics MB Video Adapter Intel R HD Graphics MB Monitor Generic PnP Monitor NoDB Multimedia Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller NoDB Storage IDE Controller Intel R Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller IDE Controller Realtek PCIE

A:Major sound problem with new laptop and Windows 8

Laptops have a built in mic and if its enabled you will get the feedback ("High pitched scream"). It wasn't the SoundBlaster Xfi MB which is a software enhancement to your sound chip, and does provide better sound than the basic sound chip on the speakers.

I would put the PC back to the original configuration, disable the built in mic (and unplug the USB mic). That should fix the feedback problem. Only plug in the USB mic when you want to use it and then either mute the PC speakers or set them to a very low level so you will not get the feedback.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/42279-major-sound-problem-new-laptop-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello Guys,

I have been living for the past week without music.. There is no sound coming out from my Lenovo Thinkpad laptop's speakers. No sound when I play movies and songs... When I try to skype, it says "Problem with play back device". No sound too when I connect my earpiece to my laptop.

I use windows vista. My laptop's sound driver is SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio. Based on my "Manage audio device" options in my control panel, I have 2 sound drivers.

Speakers
SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio

and

SPDIF Interface
SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio
When I right click both drivers and click "Test", it says "Failed to play tone". I have tried reinstalling the SoundMax driver but it does not work. Friends, what else can I try to solve this issue?

A:No sound from my laptop's speakers. Problem with playback device

Any errors showing in Device Manager?
Are the sound devices specifically listed there?

I assume you downloaded the driver from Lenovo support website, not from anywhere else, as only Lenovo has the correct, compatible driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-from-my-laptops-speakers-problem-with-playback-device.1052923/
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm having problems with the sound with Skype only - all other software requiring sound work fine.  I cannot hear my correspondant.  My skype settings seem to be okay and I don't get any error message. I operate Window 7 x64.  I have a HP Pavilion G7 laptop. Any help?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Sound problem with Skype only - HP Pavilion Laptop Windows ...

Hi, Sorry you're having problems. For Windows 7, try this:Log in to Skype. Click Tools near the top of the window, and select Options from the drop-down. Click Audio settings in the left pane. Under Speakers, you can:Use the Volume slider to adjust the volume.Click the down arrow in the drop-down to select the proper speakers.Test the speakers by clicking the little green arrow next to the Speakers drop-down.Click the Make a free test call link to make a test call.It may be a good idea to plug in a headset as a test to see if that works. You don't need a headset with a microphone; just use whatever headset you use to listen to your music on your iPod. The nice thing about using stereo headphones is that you can still speak through your computer's integrated microphone, but only you will hear your correspondent's responses, and there won't be as much feedback. Skype has a handy support document that might help you: I can't hear my friend... (Windows desktop) . And now for the awkward question: Is it possible that your friend has accidentally muted his/her microphone? Or is this happening with all of your calls?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Sound-problem-with-Skype-only-HP-Pavilion-Laptop-Windows-7/td-p/2875531
Relevancy 45.15%

I wanted to watch a program om itv player but my TV does not have that program so as I can get it on my laptop I connected the laptop to the TV with a HDMI lead and found the program.The only problem I have is the only volume I have is the laptop volume.How to I get the TVs volume.I thought I had to right click the volume icon on the laptop and just change it.There are two selection's when I press the volume icon 1 is speakers and 2 is Sony TV but cannot get it to change to Sony.The TV is a Sony KDL-42W623A.Thanks

A:Problem with sound whilst watch laptop program on

You need to set the laptop sound output to your TV (sound playback change from speakers to TV)
then you control the volume as normal with your TV remote.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/problem-sound-whilst-watch-laptop-program-4606044/
Relevancy 45.15%

my laptop`s speaker stop working. sometimes it gives broken sound during playing songs.
bt now it fully stopped. i used external audio device which work properly.
plzz help me.....

A:Sound problem with in-built speaker of Vaio pcg-k13 laptop

Use headphones while away from your external speakers. lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-with-in-built-speaker-of-vaio-pcg-k13-laptop.155882/
Relevancy 45.15%

hello guys I have a sound problem here i am not able to hear any sound except the beeps which u get wen a popup or error occurs i have installed XP service pack on my laptop Compaq on on 3 with it. URGENT!!Sound problem XP laptop installed Compaq C TU which URGENT!!Sound problem on Compaq laptop with XP 3 installed on it. had Vista Home basic preinstalled on it Now i have only XP on my machine i have installed all d required drivers i have the conexant high definition smartaudio driver installed but wen i chek it in sound and audio device in control panel i find that it is not digitally signed wen i type dxdiag and click on the sound tab it says quot No sound card was found If one is expected you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer quot it gives no detail about the device name device ID product type and URGENT!!Sound problem on Compaq laptop with XP 3 installed on it. all other details since i was getting errors installing the conexant audio driver for xp i have installed the conexant audio driver for Vista home basic which was der on my laptop before and it has installed successfully wen i try to play a sound file in VLC it plays but i hear no sound i mean i can see the song moving ahead in the progress bar but no sound But wen i try to play the same file in windows media player it gives an error saying there is a problem with the sound device i have been searching the internet for many days but cud not find any solution to this i need a solution very urgently and would be really appreciate if any of u could provide me wid one as early as possible thanks alot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-sound-problem-on-compaq-laptop-with-xp-3-installed-on-it.836956/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I am new to this forum and desperately in need of help with sound One day I opened my laptop and the sound No Device sound: Problem VAIO Audio LAPTOP: with Installed. Output is was gone The error on the icon is quot No Audio Output Device is Installed quot I am using SONY VAIO VPCSA GH Available in Asia Pacific region FYI I Problem with sound: No Audio Output Device is Installed. LAPTOP: VAIO have two display adapters AMD Radeon HD M and Intel HD Graphics Family On the device manager panel I've got only one hardware in quot Sound video and game controller quot section which is quot Intel R Display Audio quot MY OS Windows Professional x Here is my attempt to solve the problem but to no avail -System Restore I tried to use system restore to the point it worked fine It does not work at all and now my restore point has gone too -Install driver from Intel Download center Refer to my graphic card I tried to download new graphics driver for my motherboard It doesn't work I have downloaded from this website https downloadcenter intel com Sea ng amp ProdId -Install driver from SONY VAIO support center I tried to re-install Audio Driver and also Graphics Driver from this website Support for VPCSA GH S Series VPCS VAIO amp reg Notebook amp Computer Sony Asia Pacific and it also doesn't work -Look it up on BIOS My BIOS does not have any option regarding to audio issue My two attempts to re-install the drivers were done in safe-mode Could you please help me with this problem I really have need to use audio with my project PS If you have any question regarding my system information I would be happy to provide

A:Problem with sound: No Audio Output Device is Installed. LAPTOP: VAIO

The Intel Display Audio is ONLY for HDMI Audio and not the regular PC audio. The first thing to check is the BIOS to verify the on-board audio is enabled. Normally, if the on-board is enabled in the BIOS but no hardware specific driver is installed Windows will install the generic "High Definition Audio Codec" driver. As this is not happening, it suggests either it is disabled in the BIOS or remotely it has a hardware problem.

If it is enabled in the BIOS, first thing to do is reinstall the motherboard chipset drivers from Sony. If the chipset drivers are corrupt all the devices could be mis-identified. Restart the PC after installing the chipset drivers and see if Windows detects and installs the High Definition Audio Drivers. If it still does not install, either the Windows 7 Operating System is corrupt and you will have to do a complete new install, or there is a hardware problem with the sound chip.,

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/362135-problem-sound-no-audio-output-device-installed-laptop-vaio.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My Acer Extensa 4630z laptop sound/audio driver on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit not working. It was working few days before but stopped suddenly. I tried all the audio driver from Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site. By the way there is no audio driver for Windows 7 so I even tried Vista audio driver from same site but no luck. I tried Driver Pack solution 14 but it could not detect audio. I even installed new Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit but no luck it found automatically many drivers but not audio. Please help me figure out audio problem. I tried installing Realtek driver for Vista and Windows 7, no luck either. thanks

A:Acer Extensa 4630z laptop sound/audio driver problem Windows 7 32bit

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Have you Installed the Chipset Driver ?

Also run Windows Updates as it can provide many Drivers ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/364356-acer-extensa-4630z-laptop-sound-audio-driver-problem-windows-7-32bit.html
Relevancy 41.28%

my lenovo laptop was running fine but all of a sudden the sound started twist bugging (sound sound card?) out laptop strange + freaking out and about every laptop sound bugging out + strange twist (sound card?) second or so the sound would cut out and cut back in ex im playing a video and the people are talking but it sounds like quot th--- is h--- fin---- compu---- quot or something like that the weird part is the speakers arent working but when i plug in my headphones sound starts working out of the speakers while the headphones are plugged in with no sound coming out of the headphones and thats pretty strange but it gets stranger pretty much anything plugged into the audio jack would make the speakers start working even if it is just an adapter for another thing and not even a headphone so i checked the sound in the control panel and i said that it quot could not detect sound card restart and it will try to find it quot or something so i restarted and the problem still happened but this time the control panel says that quot your device is working properly quot when its obviously not ive looked on the microsoft support page and followed the instructions no help lenovo support no help ive tried running a troubleshoot on the audio playback but it said that it could not detect the problem ive checked the device manager and under the video sound and game controllers it has listed quot Conexant SmartAudio HD quot and quot Intel R Display Audio quot and they both are listed as quot working properly quot nope im guessing one of these is the integrated audio processor because laptops dont normally have quot sound cards quot but the they do have the above not sure what to do ive consulted some of my more tech minded friends and they consistently say its probably an audio card error but dont know how to fix it sigh hopefully i can get some help here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-sound-bugging-out-strange-twist-sound-card-773346.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello Everyone,
I am looking for help on how to fix my problem.
My F1- Mute, F2-Sound Decrease, and F3-Sound Increase buttons won't work on my new Dell™ Inspiron 15 Laptop Computer i5559-4013SLV.
Some info. If you need more, let me know I'll post back asap.
My sound works fine. 
I've had the computer for less than a month.
Everything else works fine, I just can't get these *** sound buttons to work. I have to manually go to the taskbar to raise or decrease volume at all times.

Thanks!
David

A:My F1- Mute, F2-Sound Decrease, and F3-Sound Increase buttons won't work on my new Dellâ„¢ Inspiron 15 Laptop Computer i5559-4013SLV

davidspetservices,
Try pressing Fn and escape together and then try the sound buttons and see if they work now. You can also try pressing Fn and F1, F2 and F3 together.
You can also go into the BIOS, hold shift while clicking restart and choose the BIOS.  Under POST behavior look for Fn options.  You can enable Fn and escape as a toggle by checking Fn Lock.  Of leave it unchecked and make sure that Lock Mode Disable/standard is selected should work as media keys.
I will shoot you a friendship request in case you continue to have difficulties.

TB 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19975386
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an HP dv t laptop XP the After Hear Laptop's Speakers Cant Sound A Popping From Sound sound card is Conexant HD Audio For the dv t model the audio jacks there are two for Cant Hear Sound From Laptop's Speakers After A Popping Sound two headphones are at the front of the laptop below the touchpad facing you I tried connecting a DELL sound system that i got default with my dell desktop years ago It comes with a subwoofer that connects black plug and green plug to the two audio jacks and you connect two speakers to the subwoofer When I plugged in the green plug from the subwoofer to the right audio jack there was a popping sound I quickly pulled the wire and from there no audio would play from my laptop s speakers I can only play sound through headphones and through the subwoofer Cant Hear Sound From Laptop's Speakers After A Popping Sound to the speakers I looked at the device manager checked the quot sound video and game controls quot and it said everything was working properly updated and there were no red X s or exlamation points My laptop speakers can t play system sounds or any music When I open the quot Volume Control quot window click on advanced under Tone Controls there Bass and Treble are greyed out and I cant slide the bar left or right I used to be able to Please help Thanks in advance I ll try to make some screen shots asap i made ms paint Cant Hear Sound From Laptop's Speakers After A Popping Sound diagrams and uploaded to imagebeaveri made the above images using ms paint and google images this is my first time using imagebeaver but hopefully its uploaded correctly

A:Cant Hear Sound From Laptop's Speakers After A Popping Sound

so i can only hear from an external sound system, like speakers of headphones.. any help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87910/cant-hear-sound-from-laptops-speakers-after-a-popping-sound/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

I am having distortion issues with my HP Pavilion ze4547wm laptop.

My audio from the laptop speakers seems to sound good, but when I plug the laptop into my home sound system, my music sounds very basse and distorted.

I checked the device manager, but the sound card( ALi Audio Wave ) seems to be working properly

The same with the codecs, or do I have too many? IMA ADPCM Audio Codec
Microsoft ADPCM Audio Codec
Microsoft CCITT G.711 Audio Codec
Microsoft GSM 6.10 Audio Codec
DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM) Audio Codec
msg723.acm
Windows Media Audio Codec
Sipro Lab Telecom Audio Codec
Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec
Microsoft PCM Converter

Thanks for your attention to this matter. I use this laptop at youth sporting events for sound effects and music.

A:Distorted sound from laptop to External sound system

make sure you've plugged from laptops line out not headphone out
if this is not available turn the volume out on laptop down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/distorted-sound-from-laptop-to-external-sound-system.628723/
Relevancy 40.85%

Yesterday I installed a new external hard drive - following the installation - my sound no longer played through my hdmi, no sound through via sound laptop tv through (idt speakers plays television video is fine HDMI connection and sound now comes ONLY through the laptop speakers The option for HDMI Audio doesn't appear in the 'sound' menus I have 'checked' quot shoe disabled quot and quot show disconnected quot in those menus Basic Specs DV - us Windows bit IDT High Definition Audio Codec ATI Mobility Radeon HD AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon I have tried the following fixes gleaned from other forum posts on similar forum posts Uninstalling and reinstalling IDT drivers - didn't work HP driver 'recovery manager' to install 'original' IDT audio codecs - didn't work Unistalled ATI Video Drivers and reinstalled them - didn't work System Restore to a week ago - didn't work I use my HD TV as my primary monitor for gaming so having sound no sound through tv via hdmi, sound plays through laptop speakers (idt through laptop speakers and not TV is quite annoying Perhaps my only solution is another sound card

A:no sound through tv via hdmi, sound plays through laptop speakers (idt

So you're trying to get audio to play on your TV from your laptop? Since you said the video is fine it's obviously not the video drivers. It sounds like the sound output is configured wrong. I don't think it would be labeled as HDMI. HDMI is just DVI with HD Audio. Try altering your sound settings to see what you can get.

Audio is a very difficult thing to diagnose and fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/266914-no-sound-through-tv-via-hdmi-sound-plays-through-laptop-speakers-idt.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an issue can't hear sound out of speakers, yet can out my headphones, everything is up to date. What could cause the sound to go from the speakers and no it is not muted.

When I pull out my headphones I can't hear no sound yet when I am using my headphones I can hear sound.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2039 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 273953 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0GD366
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:No sound from Laptop speakers, but can hear sound out headphones

The following may work but it applies to Windows Vista (I don't have XP any more), so it may be a little different for yours:

Control Panel > Sound > Speakers > Properties > Advanced > Restore Defaults

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-from-laptop-speakers-but-can-hear-sound-out-headphones.1026860/
Relevancy 39.99%

My wife HP Pavilion DV6175ea laptop running windows 7 ultimate 32 bits was fine with the sound until a month ago. Note that upgraded from vista since the windows 7 launch.
From that date till now it as no sound from the speakers but it is ok from the headphones.
Tried different audio drivers but no results.
Tried to insert and remove headphonde jack several times with no results.
Any ideas of what can be the problem?
Thanks,
Jorge

A:HP laptop no sound from speaker but there is sound through headphone

Laptop speakers are generally very delicate and if played on full volume can be blown very easily. My Dell Vostro's right speaker has gone like that while I was watching a movie on VLC player with volume more than 100%. So people using VLC player, should be careful with the sound controls within the player. This is my experience with laptop speakers. I hope you did not have this problem.

On the system tray right click on the speaker icon, select Playback devices.

On the opened Sound Dialog box, make sure that Speaker icon has a green check mark as shown below. Click on Configure button and test the speakers working or not. Complete the speaker setup and close the dialog box.

Check the properties and make suitable adjustments in available tabs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/204283-hp-laptop-no-sound-speaker-but-there-sound-through-headphone.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have hp dv od and have upgraded to Windows previously Windows XP Everything seem to be working ok except for the sound Window automatically installed the driver and said the sound card is headphone through speaker but sound laptop sound no HP there from was working properly But there was no sound through speaker I removed the driver and reinstall the driver that I got from HP website that work for Window Vista Installation went through with no problem and Device manager indicated no isssue on sound driver However there was still no sound coming out from the speaker only through headphone jack I read tons of forums and some has suggested that it may be the jack connection I tried plugging in and out numerous time and that did not solve the issue Sound could be heard for like a sec when headphone was HP laptop no sound from speaker but there is sound through headphone being plugged out but it goes away quickly To determine if it was hardware or software issue i reinstalled Window XP and there was sound through speaker So for sure it is not the speaker issue If anybody can help me out I greatly appreciated

A:HP laptop no sound from speaker but there is sound through headphone

Hi imek and welcome to the forum!

I would assume that you are running the 32-bit version of Windows 7. If you are, you're in luck. Please download the latest BIOS and software for your HP Pavilion dv1738od, here.

I would suggest that you try using the audio driver found in this page to check if that resolves your issue. If it doesn't, it is highly recommended that you update your BIOS, found in the link provided, that might correct the issue you're having.

Let us know how it turns out

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/4251-hp-laptop-no-sound-speaker-but-there-sound-through-headphone.html
Relevancy 39.13%

How to identify a laptop sound card after opening a laptop?

A:How to identify a laptop sound card after opening a laptop?

If you have a soundcard, it would be identified in the Device Manager.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299898-how-identify-laptop-sound-card-after-opening-laptop.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Since I've updated my laptop there have been sound delays to it whenever I watch a video whether it's on youtube etc, i've tried many stuff to fix this problem e.g. i rebooted it but it didn't work. Solution please?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/I-m-having-sound-sound-delays-on-my-HP-laptop/td-p/5794035
Relevancy 38.7%

Please can anyone help? I am trying to help my grandaughter as she has lost her sound on her laptop, she has 'ADS instant HDTV PC1' showing on the device Manager but with an orange marker next to it.

I have tried to update the driver but although Windows found the driver software for the device it has encountered an error while trying to install it. We have a message telling us that this device cannot strt. (Code 10)

Please can somebody help as to what we have to do as I have a very unhappy teenager by my side!!

Thanks in advance

A:Sound problems on laptop, no sound!

Seems like ADS Tech Instant HDTV PCI is a TV Tuner Capture Card, and not an audio card. It's most likely that ADS Tech Instant HDTV PCI is not responsible for the loss of sound in your grandaughter's laptop. Could you tell me please what is your grandaughter's laptop brand and model?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-problems-on-laptop-no-sound.1020989/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey y'all,

I downloaded Flashplayer 9 from adobe the other day and it was working fine until all of a sudden, out of the blue, no sound. I've got no clue!!! PLEASE HELP! WMP still works but, that's about it. Other sounds seem to not work in either IE or Firefox. I'm running XP. mp3s and such work outside of a browser, like I can download .wav and mp3s but, they won't play in my browser. Suggestions?

A:Sound in Flash is a Problem--It doesn't work, broken, dead--No Sound!

Have you tried re-installing Flash Player 9?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/sound-in-flash-is-a-problem-it-doesnt-work-broken-dead-no-sound-147604.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Ever since I got my second Video Card and went SLI I have had crippling sound problems After playing for a with sound Sound work HELP! fine) and problem card audio (onboard SLI while all sounds get replace with a high pitched squeal This is only with games not music using WMP DVDs using WinDVD and only with my sound card not the HELP! Sound problem with SLI and sound card (onboard audio work fine) crappy onboard sound which has no problem Some games may play for three minutes others for close to fifty before this consistently happens It seems to be simply subsistuting all sounds with this annoying noise HELP! Sound problem with SLI and sound card (onboard audio work fine) I quit the game it goes quiet HELP! Sound problem with SLI and sound card (onboard audio work fine) but music is now affected and DVDs have NO sound Single GPU works fine either card either PCI-E slot sound card in either PCI slot still causes the problem I recently got a newer better sound card but it does the exact same thing I think it may be either a video card issue or the motherboard Is it something to due with the way the video card handles sound Or the motherboard HELP I really like the improved graphics on a relative budget that SLI brings and don t like being hobbled like this Tried Turning down Sound Card Acceleration with the old card didn t help My Computer Old Alienware Case Asus P N SE SLI-Deluxe Inter Core Duo E Corsair PC mb Maxtor GB rpm EVGA NVidia GT KO mb video do have different bios s on the card SoundBlaster X-Fi Gamer Extreme old card was SB Audigy Sony DVD writer Dell wfp monitor nbsp

A:HELP! Sound problem with SLI and sound card (onboard audio work fine)

i have simular problem my soundblaster live wont run sound when plugged in but tbh sound isnt all that big wen u have 5.1 sourround, so i just used the on-board audio

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-sound-problem-with-sli-and-sound-card-onboard-audio-work-fine.73538/
Relevancy 38.27%

Well my on-board sound is annoying the hell out of me First of all I have an Albatron PX PEV Pro board with the original drivers from the homepage Realtek AC Audio driver version Now during normal music or video enjoyment the sound is fine But as soon as i start a game WoW Steam CS sound problem games) (BAD onboard Albatron sound PX845 in Rome Total war the sound gets bad i mean REAL bad Oddly enough NOT in WoW intro videos and stuff only in actual game play Since english is not my native language i have some problems expressing how the sound is like But well just imagine you pack a pair of bad headphones in a tin box and crank it up loud Thats pretty much how it sounds - Hope anyone can tell me what would fix this or atleast if it even is fixable Dont really feel like stuffing an expensive sound card into my PC My old ASRock K Board for instance only had onboard sound too but it was definetly enough for my standards Well thx in advance for any tipps nbsp

A:Albatron PX845 onboard sound problem (BAD sound in games)

Your sound works in Windows fine, while playing movies and listening to music. Something is "right" there. The oddball that comes to mind is EAX, Enhanced Audio eXperience (i think). I once had a game that had bad sound, and i had to go to options and disable EAX, or high definition audio, whatever they may call it. Then the game's sound was fine. The only other fix i've seen for that (like if the game always tried to use EAX with no option to disable it), is go to advanced properties of Sound and turn hardware acceleration down one level at a time, testing the game to see if it works. Hope you get it figured out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/albatron-px845-onboard-sound-problem-bad-sound-in-games.43326/
Relevancy 37.84%

I just upgraded my OS to Win 7, but I realised that when I play any sound, it come out of my speakers fine, but my headphones has no sound at all. How do I solve it? I plugged my headphones into the original jack, I have also tried plugging them into the other jacks, but still there is no sound. How do I fix it so both my speakers and my headphones has sound? If I plug my headphones into the jack I plug my speakers in, there is sound in my headphones though ..

A:Problem with sound - Speaker works but headphones has no sound

try double clicking on volume control and see if headphone is muted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-sound-speaker-works-but-headphones-has-no-sound.1016219/
Relevancy 37.84%

hello all a week or so ago my sound on my pc became crackely and , And Crackely Sound Stuttering Problem /built In Sound stuttering i Sound Problem , Crackely And Stuttering /built In Sound first noticed it while useing flight simulator i thought it would be related to that but i get the same problem in windows media and div-x i have a build in sound on my ASUS P S X-X MOTHERBOARD I have the up to date drivers and the soundMAX audio control package that came with the motherboard installed i have souround sound speakers i have tried swaping cables around different speakers different settings on the control panel etc no use one other thing i tried to use a voice control system for the flight sim voice buddy and i could not get the mike to work or pick up my voice no matter what i did in settings it may not be relevent but it all worked fine before i did a reinstall a few weeks ago with a bigger hard drive runing XP with service pack any help gratefully recived the pc is hopless without sound thank you Bryan

A:Sound Problem , Crackely And Stuttering /built In Sound

Try uninstalling Voice Buddy. If the sound is OK, then you know it was either a corrupt install of Voice Buddy or a setting in the program needs tweaked
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127930/sound-problem-crackely-and-stuttering-built-in-sound/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi Guys,

wondering if someone can shed some light on the situation. I have recently bought an acer aspire 8930G laptop and its been fine until recently.

If im playing sound whether its on youtube or any other sound related website and open for example an mp3 via windows media player, the sound becomes muffled and slows down.

Then if I close all applications and reopen windows media to play the MP3, it says "theres no sound device installed"??

I have to then restart for it to work properly again.

I have antivirus installed etc and am very sensible in what i download..

Would this be a driver fault? or hardware?

Thanks Guys

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-problem-works-fine-one-minute-then-no-sound.817285/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi everyone, I shut down my laptop and the next boot up took very very long , like 15-20 minutes. And the audio symbol was like that on the photo (a red cross on it)  I tried to install the driver but somehow it didn't work. Then i decided to format and reinstall windows. btw, im on win7. After new installation, i have the same problem. I could install he drivers and everything seem to work but there were still no sound and when i click on sound symbol or go to any settings about sound, my laptop is lagging. Boot time is still that long. I disabled and uninstalled everything about audio and now my laptop works fine except no sound  anyone has idea what could be wrong ? Thanks in advance

audio.PNG ?1 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thinkpad-X201-no-sound-sound-driver-problem/td-p/3451679
Relevancy 36.98%

After I installed Windows 7,I started having a problem with sound.My sound card is onboard Realtek High Definition Audio.The problem is,sometimes I hear a "cht pht" while listening to music,radio,game on computer.After noticing this problem,I installed the latest drivers of Realtek,but nothing changed.Also I tried installing my motherboard's sound driver,but again nothing changed.Then I tried a previous driver cause I heard that it works better but nothing changed.Also I tried using other speakers,but nothing changed.I tried playing with sound settings,including "block all sound effects" but I still have the problem.

What can be the problem,this problem started after I installed Windows 7.

Relevancy 36.98%

Hi,
The on-board surround sound on my XPS 8700 will not work properly.
When the configuration sound test is run the front speakers both give the little melody correctly, but all of the other speakers give a little dink sound like a cracked bell.  The surround sound in the game I play the most only seems to work with the front speakers.
My Creative Inspire T7700 is admittedly quite old (12 yrs) but I don't think that is the problem.
Any suggestions?
Mick

A:Sound problem with on-board sound on XPS 8700

Hi Mick, 
Thanks for writing to us. 
Have you tried any other speaker set to rule out the speakers? 
How about the sound from earphones?
Do update the audio drivers and BIOS if not yet and observe for any changes. 
Await your response.
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19678533
Relevancy 36.98%

Since a week now i have very frustrating problems with the sound in Windows XP When i start my pc skype says that he hasn t found recording hardware Itunes doesn t work like Windows Media Player Winamp etc The sound is gone and i didn t change anything I tried to fix it myself and probably i messed up a bit more cause i disabled a driver gone problem works XP, Realtek Sound is but in sound that seemed to have a problem but i don t remember what the name was Now not only the programs have no sound anymore but windows is silent too It sure wasn Sound problem in XP, Realtek works but sound is gone t the driver of my soundcard Realtek Sound problem in XP, Realtek works but sound is gone AC which works fine when i play test sounds with the realtek Sound Effect software I installed Everest and he doesn t find any Windows Audio and says the realtek has quot noDB quot no database i suppose When i am in the music tab of the quot Diagnostic help program for DirectX quot or something familiar to that while i translate it from the dutch quot Diagnostisch hulpprogramma voor DirectX quot quot windows synthesizer quot test sound doesn t play but the realtek does Any ideas Should i reinstall Windows or upgrade to vista or is it a less hopeless situation as i m used to think now Thanks a lot for you help Arnoud nbsp

A:Sound problem in XP, Realtek works but sound is gone

Did you get a CDs with the PC with any drivers on?

Try this for your sound Restore Sound - Windows Audio Service

Restart the PC and see

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-problem-in-xp-realtek-works-but-sound-is-gone.548760/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey If this is the wrong forum for this question then I apologize in advance I m having some problems when I try to record music I have speaker sound of problem: only out one Sound Mic coming my microphone plugged in but whenever I sing play into the microphone the sound only comes out from the right speaker Therefore when I mix my songs using my software the sound is still only coming out of the right speaker which is very frustrating This also means that if I listen to my songs on my iPod the music Sound problem: Mic sound only coming out of one speaker is only coming out of the right headphone If I listen to songs from CDs Sound problem: Mic sound only coming out of one speaker or whatever or just any other sound on the computer the sound is coming out of both speakers simultaneously as is normal I only have problems when I am using my microphone I am using Windows XP Home Edition and Realtek HD Audio Manager My speakers are ViewSonic Speakers which entails a subwoofer and two smaller speakers the left and right ones I plug my microphone into the blue Line In port at the back of my computer rather than the pink Microphone port because this is what works best for the recording mixing software I am using but even when it is plugged into the Microphone port I have the same problem Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks very much Tim nbsp

A:Sound problem: Mic sound only coming out of one speaker

Either the Microphone cable is not plugged in correct.Try not to plug it in all the way/or push it in further. Sometimes you have to play around with it to get them to work. Or you might have the balance on the microphone on one side which is a setting in the Sound Icon. Double click on The Icon and then options and then on Properties. Make sure There is a check mark next to Microphone and then click OK. You should see the Microphone settings on the screen and make sure the balance is in the middle. If none of this works you might need a new Microphone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-problem-mic-sound-only-coming-out-of-one-speaker.594344/
Relevancy 36.98%

As some of you might remember a few weeks ago I had a problem with sound after I built a new PC and kept my old Win installation using sysprep Onboard sound issue with new PC build The problem was that the volume levels were off and instead of having a normal flatline volume were you could hear everything clearly at a good volume level certain sounds were too quiet to hear and others were deafening I came to this forum and after a few responses I decided to do a fresh installation of windows which only did a little to help the particular sound perrsists sound Sound problem new after even card problem Figuring it was a problem with the onboard sound I bought this ASUS XONAR DG Xonar DG Sound Card - Newegg com After I installed the sound card the volume problem persisted and was pretty Sound problem perrsists even after new sound card much exactly the same as before Thankfully this time though there was a setting in the device's audio center called quot SVN quot which is smart volume This setting actually did fix the problem a little and the sound was a lot closer to how I remember it being on my old HP pavilion SVN is not without it's own problems though Now there's clicking noises audio drop outs stuttering and general low quality with that setting on What's more in most games I've played the voices are hard to hear and tend to be drowned out by music or background noise Even though these problems sound bad it's more tolerable than it is with the SVN settings off Without that setting the volume issue goes right back to how it was before I installed the sound card Some might say I'm picky but I know something is wrong with the sound it's not Sound problem perrsists even after new sound card at all like it was on my old PC which had perfect sound I am very very frustrated with this whole thing there has got to be something I'm missing The sound card has nothing to do with the onboard sound correct It is a separate sound device on it's own so why does it have the same exact audio issues as the onboard sound It should be fine without having to turn SVN on so what's the deal Is it my headphones I can't imagine what's causing this and if there is no solution I'm prepared to give up and deal with it

A:Sound problem perrsists even after new sound card

Not all sound is at the same volume level. One MP3, for example, can be louder or softer than another. Same way with wav audio files, audio from the internet, audio on DVD's, etc. System sounds can be at different levels from different programs, and same way with streaming audio from the internet.

I have Audio CD's, both commercial and burned that have different volume levels between songs.

I have a home recording studio and when I mixdown songs, I do it to a preset level. I then run them through an audio editior and set them all to the same reference level. Then when I burn an audio CD all the songs are at the same (or nearly) same volume level.

BTW, when you installed the separate sound card, did you disable the on-board audio in the BIOS? If not, there can be conflicts and varying problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/281838-sound-problem-perrsists-even-after-new-sound-card.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello,

I am having a problem with the sound from my speakers when I play CD's, I have a CD-ROM and a CD/DVD Burner. The problem happens in both the CD-ROM and the CD/DVD-Burner. THe problem only happens when CD's are played other music files on my computer play without a problem . The speakers aren't the problem, because they are brand new and this problem happened on another set of speakers. There are no resource conflicts in Device manager, and I have the most recent XP signed driver. Anyone know what can be the problem? Thanks in advance!

Duncan

A:Choppy Sound - Problem with sound from Speakers

Hi, dacarta74!

Will you describe the problem, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-sound-problem-with-sound-from-speakers.230450/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi everybody I have a fairly strange problem with my Laptop It came originally with Vista and a while ago I updated to Windows bit Home Premium Since then I don't have any sound after booting the Laptop By chance I found out that when I go into the device manager right get need Sound for sound problem to - to changes' hardware 'scan click on the sound driver Conexant High Definition Smart Audio HD and then select 'Scan for hardware change' suddenly I've got sound It then works Sound problem - need to 'scan for hardware changes' to get sound well but if I don't run any sound applications for I while sound goes away again and I have to repeat the same procedure which is fairly annoying Same thing after the next reboot I've tried to update the drivers but windows says they are up to date so I am not really sure what else to try Any suggestions will be much appreciated Hardware is a Toshiba Stellite P - Laptop These are the specs Satellite P - - Product Specifications - Toshiba Thanks Lars

A:Sound problem - need to 'scan for hardware changes' to get sound

When you said "windows says they are up to date" was that according to device manager? or did you go to the toshiba website here and get the Conexant Sound Driver for Vista version 4.8.0.0.12.14?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/154590-sound-problem-need-scan-hardware-changes-get-sound.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi guys i've hard this problem for ages now, whenever i play music or videos in windows media player (version 11) the sound only comes out of my right speaker and in poor quality.
All other programs like i tunes and youtube vids etc. play fine through the speakers so i think its possibly just a fault within the pogram.
I have checked all sliders and stuff and are all where they should be.
Please help guys!
Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-sound-problem-rubbish-sound-out-of-just-one-speaker-please-help.595426/
Relevancy 35.69%

nforce sound problem,need help

I have just recently bought a set of altec lansing 251 speakers and I have had no luck getting the rear or center speakers working. The sub and front sound great. I have the newest driver for the onboard sound from windows update and have been through many settings within the control panel for the sound apu.
I have been using ati's dvd player and no 5.1 sound, does ati's dvd even support it ?
I am to the point that I think I must not be running application that puts out 5.1 sound. How could I test it?

My motherboard is an Abit nv7-133r .

A:nforce sound problem, no 5.1 sound

I fixed it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nforce-sound-problem-no-5-1-sound.2077/
Relevancy 35.69%

hi recently i posted a request for help with a sound problem i thank the people who replied but i am still unable to sole the problem and it has got worse please read and i will start from the begining i have a intel pentium cpu Ghz GB ram and a radeon X series graphics card the mother board Sound Problem Sound A And Still No Problen is a ASUS P S X-X with on board sound i hve hard drive one at GB the other GB I AM RUNNING WINDOWS xp WITH SERVICE PACK A few weeks ago while useing flight simulator that whenm i changed views the sound would quot break up and the picture stutter quot this i thought would be a problem with the simulators confuiguration but i have the same problem if i play music in windows media player the song stutters and breaks up and then plays fine however if i open another application while it is playing then it happens again i am now haveing the Still A Sound And No Sound Problem Problen problem of if i start flight simulator then the sound Still A Sound And No Sound Problem Problen goes off completly and i have to do a restart of Still A Sound And No Sound Problem Problen the machine to get it back allthough with the same problems as before i have also noticed that sometimes the pc wants to do a scan disck check quite frequently and finds a few quot bad sectors quot it seems to do this every few days i will be very gratefull for any help or advice as this is getting on my nerves i am thinking it may be the on board sound makeing the trouble and would a sound card solve it thanks in advance Bryan

A:Still A Sound And No Sound Problem Problen

Two suggestions: a. Run chkdsk according to the instructions for running it from My Computer/Explorer. Put check marks in both boxes. XP Chkdsk, Using the Graphical Version (My Computer) - http://www.updatexp.com/windows-xp-chkdsk.html b. Defrag the C: partition after chkdsk has run to completion.Bad sectors are a routine occurence of life in ComputerLand. Running chkdsk as described allows those to be overcome.But the frequent appearance of bad sectors on a hard drive can be an indication of trouble.Post back after doing these things, please.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129580/still-a-sound-and-no-sound-problem-problen/
Relevancy 35.69%

I've been researching arround how to fix this problem, but none of them work, Im not sure if its the jack or soundcard, I did the realtek diagnostics and every hardware are fine.. then speaker test.. it didnt do any sounds, I tried putting up the volume and it just makes this weird mosquito sound like when ever I test it, I also tried every jack at the back of my computer..
It was fine 3 days ago but I dont know what happened.. I also tested it with my headphones, and my headphones did the same, making some weird mosquito sound whenever I watch youtube vids or anything that requires sounds.. I tried my Dad's gaming headphone and it also does the same thing..

What could the problem be and how to I fix it? could it be the jack, sound card?

I really doubt its my speakers/headphones

could virus affect my sound?

A:Distorted sound, sound problem

What make and model of pc do you have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/distorted-sound-sound-problem-588722.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello for about a month or so I ve been having some trouble with my sound The sound is laggy or choppy occasionally Note this doesn t happen randomly for no reason it will most frequently occur when my computer is running something that requires a bit more CPU dedication then normal or when I have a few problems already open For example if I am running a large video file in Windows Media Player MB the video Sound Choppy Problem: Sound and sound Sound Problem: Choppy Sound will lag and become choppy for short burst Sound Problem: Choppy Sound periods I noticed in the video I had of fireworks that it would occur went the fireworks would explode Another occurance would be running my file sharing program Ares while having a few browser pages open possibly loading a website or Sound Problem: Choppy Sound on Youtube watching a video Also if I m running a game like World of Warcraft and Alt Tab to open a browser the sound will lag then aswell You may say to not have all my programs open at once but I used to do this before and this sound problem was never an issue so I m just looking for some help on this Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall CPF exe C WINDOWS StartupMonitor exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall cmdagent exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system nisvcloc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files SiSoftware SiSoftware Sandra Lite XII SP c RpcAgentSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www windowsxlive net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file F - win ini run C C amp C INSTICON EXE O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - no file O - HKLM Run COMODO Firewall Pro quot C Program Files Comodo Firewall CPF exe quot background O - HKLM Run Run StartupMonitor StartupMonitor exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS ... Read more

Relevancy 35.69%

Hello for about a month or so I've been having some trouble with my sound The sound is laggy or choppy occasionally Note this doesn't happen randomly for no Sound Sound Problem: Choppy reason it will most frequently occur when my computer is running something that requires a bit more CPU dedication then normal or when I have a few problems already open For example if I am running a large video file in Windows Media Player MB the video and sound will lag and become choppy for short burst periods I noticed in the video I had of fireworks that it would occur went the fireworks would explode Another occurance would be running my file sharing program Ares while having a few browser pages open possibly loading a website or on Youtube watching a video Also if I'm running a game like World of Warcraft and Alt Tab to open a browser the sound will lag then aswell You may say to not have all my programs open at once but I used to do this before and this sound problem was never an issue so I'm just looking for some help on this Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Sound Problem: Choppy Sound Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall CPF exe C WINDOWS StartupMonitor exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall cmdagent exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system nisvcloc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files SiSoftware SiSoftware Sandra Lite XII SP c RpcAgentSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www windowsxlive net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file F - win ini run C C amp C INSTICON EXE O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - no file O - HKLM Run COMODO Firewall Pro quot C Program Files Comodo Firewall CPF exe quot background O - HKLM Run Run StartupMonitor StartupMonitor exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files W... Read more

A:Sound Problem: Choppy Sound

Honestly you can only run the usual checks to diagnose what the problem is. First I would check Device Manager to see if there are any hardware conflicts, then I would ensure you have the latest drivers for you sound card/device.

Next you need to check if the sound becomes distorted only when your computer has to work hard. Background programs such as a virus scanner or disk defragmenter can slow down your computer enough to interfere with playing sounds so use Task Manager to end any programs that you did not start which are running to see if this solves the problem. If this is the case then it could be a lack of RAM which is causing the problem. I have a similar system to you and used to have a lot of problems before I upgraded my RAM. With what you are running I'd think you'd need about the same as me (2GB).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-problem-choppy-sound-266062.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi - I have an HP Pavillion N5210. The sound used to work but no longer does. When I go to control panel/sounds audio devices/audio I show no preferred/default devices showing for playback. Any ideas? bad sound card? also - is the sound card integral to the motherboard?

Thx,
tj

A:No Sound On Hp Laptop

Hi trdljones.Take a look in device manager for any yellow or red splats.Could be you just need to re-install the drivers.Sometimes the drivers are already sitting on the hard drive for re-installation.Check windows explorer for an HP\Drivers folder.If they're not there, you can download them from HP Here.It has a modem\audio combo setup.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52979/no-sound-on-hp-laptop/
Relevancy 34.83%

My Toshiba Tecra S1 is not playing any sounds.
Operating System: Windows XP professional.
I just received this laptop second hand so im assuming that xp was restored or something.
The sound is not muted and the device manager has the right info in sounds.
My volume control dial is missing but the sound should still work!
I went to the toshiba website and downloaded the sound driver but that did nothing.
What should i do now?? I need sound!!
Thanks

A:Help No Sound on Laptop

elle_oop said:

My Toshiba Tecra S1 is not playing any sounds.
Operating System: Windows XP professional.
I just received this laptop second hand so im assuming that xp was restored or something.
The sound is not muted and the device manager has the right info in sounds.
My volume control dial is missing but the sound should still work!
I went to the toshiba website and downloaded the sound driver but that did nothing.
What should i do now?? I need sound!!
Thanks Click to expand...

First thing to do is plug in external speakers to narrow it down. If you have external speaker sound, then its probably the PC speakers--they may be disconnected or blown out. If there is no sound externally, then we go from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-no-sound-on-laptop.560485/
Relevancy 34.83%

i have uninstalled my realtek audio driver due to problem in my headphone ( i m hearing my voice in speakers) and reinstall form driver CD know in device manager a PCI device is their with a yellow mark.
i also install latest driver from lenovo website by the result is same their is no sound .................Plz help
Its a lenovo laptop
Model 3000 g410

A:No Sound in my laptop

Here you can find all the drivers for your laptop. I had a quick look and saw the audio-drivers from realtek, just choose the one for your operation system.As about how to update the drivers in the device manager, have a look at this tutorial.Post back if you have still problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219018/no-sound-in-my-laptop/
Relevancy 34.83%

im having a problem with my laptop there is no sound the lastest drivers ar installed it finds the speakers everything is set to full and still no sound. I tried using y xbox 360 headset and i got sound bcause it was usb so im just wondering is my sound card on the mobo screwed or not its just annoying

david.

A:Laptop has no sound

my xbox 360 headset and i got sound bcause it was usbClick to expand...

so sound does work.
It must be one of the settings, either in the Sound Program Group (in the Start menu) or in Control Panel under sounds

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-has-no-sound.109274/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi..Im new here and I hope that Im not doing anything wrong BUT I did a clean instal of windows seven a couple of hours ago and everything is working fine except the sound. What could be the problem.
I have the HpDv6..if that helps.

A:No sound from my laptop

You are missing your sound card drivers. Head to the HP Support website at 24/7 Online support for HP's Home and Home Office Products - HP Customer Care (United States - English) and download your drivers for Windows 7 (x64) for your HP dv6. Can you give a more specific model of your dv6 so I can possibly help you more?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/49082-no-sound-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,
I have a Seanote laptop- have a centrino inside and using XP Home Edition 2002. Why do I not have any sound when I play a DVD unless I plug it into an external speaker. I have the normal window sounds. I think I have checked everywhere to see if sound is on, but to no avail.

Help.

A:Sound on my laptop

First stop, open Device Manger, and view the properties of the DVD drive. Make sure the "Enable CD digital audio for this CD-ROM device" is checked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-on-my-laptop.460673/
Relevancy 34.83%

OOOOOOOOOOOOK here we go First I'd like to say hi all I'm a first time poster here mainly because I'm about as desperate as I've ever been Normally when i have a problem I work on it until I've figured it out myself That method Sound Laptop Gone has worked for me for years but I'm stumped now Here's the rundown I was on my laptop a few weeks ago doing nothing in particular when i happened to drop a meh lbs magnet near the touchpad of the comp Laptop Sound Gone The poor thing shut off immediately I turned it back on only to find that my sound was completely gone Nothing through the speakers or the headphone jack Nor did it recognize when i plugged in a mic I've Laptop Sound Gone been kinda avoiding the issue but I realize now that I really need help Judging by the fact that the problem was cause Laptop Sound Gone by the impact I figured that I might have disconnected a cable inside the laptop I opened it up but couldn't see a problem I'm still convinced that the problem is internal but I'm open to any suggestions I'm using an Inspiron E running Windows Vista Thanks in advance

A:Laptop Sound Gone

Hi. . .

I can thankfully say that a magnet has never gotten near a pc of mine.

I can only think of a few items for you to do based on the assumption that some system files became corrupted. The hardware issue I cannot speak toward.

1st go into Device manager (devmgmt.msc) and un-install the drivers, then re-boot. If no success, try running the System File Checker/repair utility - sfc:

START | Type cmd.exe | right-click on cmd.exe above under programs - then type the following into the "DOS" screen -

Code:

sfc /scannow

Then try the driver un-install again.

Also check the Event Viewer to see if any errors/warnings are present.

Regards... and Good Luck to you.

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-sound-gone-289229.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Sine re-formatting my laptop I have been unable to get the correct info to locate a sound driver, can anyone point me in the right direction?

The Motherboard is a Compal ACY 25 which I asume has onboard sound. No other sound device shows up when doing a system information scan.

The scan also shows a problem with the following items.

Ethernet Controller
Device ID :
PCI\VEN_168CDEV_0012SUBSYS_7005144FREV_01\3267A616A080

Multimedia Audio Controller
Device ID :
PCI\VEN_1039DEV7012SUBSYS_001714COREV_A0\3267A616A017

Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
Device ID :
PCI\VEN_1039DEV_6325SUBSYS_001214COREV_00\410C8FD2400008

The problem code shown on all these items is :0x0000001c(28)

Many thanks to anyone offering information, the solution may be less stressful than replacing the glass in the window this is on the point of being threw through.

Relevancy 34.83%

The volume on my HP Pavilion dv5-1004nr Entertainment Notebook PC simply stopped working. I see no issues in Device Manager. Not muted. Volume up. IDT Playback Sound shows everything supposedly working properly. No new programs or anything has been added or downloaded to my laptop lately. Has not been dropped or mishandled. It just stopped working. I think it might be a driver but I don't know and don't want to go experimenting. BIOS maybe??? I'm at a loss. I must not be the first person with this equipment to have this problem. Can you advise???

samson82

A:Sound gone from my HP laptop

Uninstall and reinstall the sound driver perhaps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-gone-from-my-hp-laptop-644454.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a Gateway 400VTX laptop running windows xp pro. Sound suddenly stopped on it; I don't know exactly when or after what. It was working during the initial days of Hurricane Katrina because I was listening to the news feeds on it, so sometime in the last week or so I noticed it stopped.

I have done the following to troubleshoot:

Run antivirus - norton internet security & trend micro free scan
Run adaware and spybot
Opened ALL of the audio control panels to make sure nothing was muted or low
Tried new speakers, headphones, no speakers, etc.
Checked the volume setting on the laptop
Boot to Safe Mode and Remove all Sound entries so they would reinstall

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

A:No Sound on Laptop - Need Help. :(

Try this..

Start>Control Panel>Sound and Audio Devices and in the Volume tab, click on 'Advanced'.
Turn down all the sliders and turn them back up. This can sometimes reset them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-on-laptop-need-help.399512/
Relevancy 34.83%

Using Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. The volume icon is showing with a volume of :72 but there is no sound being emitted. I have been into the Control Panel, and checked the volume there, and everything is shown as being correct. So, what is the solution, please?

Hope someone cmoes up with the remedy, as I had googled for instructions as how to use an Epson Perfection scanner. Found a video on YouTube, but naturally without sound I will get nowhere.

A:No sound from my laptop.

Welcome
To me it sounds like a driver problem. I would go to search by the start button, type device manager and update all the audio drivers. Any drivers with a small yellow marker besides it, should, also be updated. If that does not work go to the website of the audio card and update from there. Wish you luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/294269-no-sound-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey, so i wasn't too sure where to post this.. but anyway,
my problem is my packard bell laptop has no sound. It had sound previously, but last week the computer crashed, and wouldn't let me get to the login screen.. it just kept restarting over and over.. so i took it to my uncle who fixes computers and i think he reinstalled xp pro, so everything was cleared off it. I can now log in and the computer works fine.. only now i've discovered theres no sound whatsoever, and in control panel under sounds and devices it says no device..
Thing is, we brought the laptop off my brothers friend and it came without any set up cds..
could there be sound drivers or something i need to install? and if so where can i find them?
Thanks in advance for any help
Xxxx

Relevancy 34.83%

I have no sound on my computer, however once in a while i'll hear it beep.
In my device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark on Multimedia Audio Controller. I've tried updating and re-installing the driver but it won't work.
Under sounds and devices it says 'no audio'.

When i go to Volume Control it shows me a message saying "There are no mixer devices available. To install mixers, go to Control Panel, click the Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware." Of course this did not work.

HELP!?

[ I have an Acer Aspire 3624WXMI // Windows XP]

A:No Sound On My Laptop

No Sound On My Laptop!!!

There is no sound coming from my laptop (acer aspire 3624wxmi), but video works fine.
My computer is saying i have no audio device and everything in device manger is good except for the multimedia audio controller which has a question mark.
I don't have any cds, everything came with the computer. I don't know much about computer technically so I need help. So can anyone please tell me what I need to know to fix the problem and how to find out what I need to know. PLZZZZZZ!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-on-my-laptop.89631/
Relevancy 34.83%

Got some viruses

computer crashed
ran malwarebytes,cleared viruses,everything runs okay but speakers internal no sound at all
went to device manager says that it is working properly, sound test nothing comes out
tried restoring original audio drivers (not sure done correctly)still no sound
checked for updated devices,says its updated
do I need to restore system to an earlier date? greatly appreciate any tips ,help this has drove me crazy speakers worked fine before viruses
My system info is:
Presario C500
Hewlett Packcard Windows Vista 32bit

A:No sound on laptop

MalwareBytes is not an anti virus utility. You may very well still be infected if indeed you had viruses on your system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380884/no-sound-on-laptop/
Relevancy 34.83%

I'm getting really low sound on my laptop and before it used to be fine. I have headphones plugged in and the music isn't as loud as it used to be. All the volume controls that I know of, have been put on max. Perhaps I missed some controls?

Toshiba.
Windows XP
RealTek HD Audio

Relevancy 34.83%

I have a Compaq Presario 3077W with Windows XP and I get no sound unless I use the headphones and then I get a surround sound effect with sound coming from the speakers and the headphones. I reinstalled it with no errors and it isn't muted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-with-no-sound.370752/
Relevancy 34.83%

hi this my first post (newbie) help
the problem is that i have no sound suddenly and i can't seem to revive it back from the dead
i've tried system restore,renstalling my drivers
and the strange thng is after i've rolled back my drivers sound went back but it was mono and didn't spund right.
i have win7 (sorry i ve just relised i posted in the wrong section)

HELP

A:No sound from laptop

moved to win7 - post make and model of the laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-from-laptop.893037/
Relevancy 34.83%

I recently purchased a DV9000t laptop, now the problem is that the sound is not coming out of the speakers and from headphones as well but the drivers are installed perfectly, vista in sound test say that they are working, the equalizer when playing songs works fine but there is no SOUND output, is it a hardware issue ?

Farhan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-in-new-laptop.726314/
Relevancy 34.83%

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly."

A:no sound on my laptop

Look in device manager to see if there is an red or yellow mark against 'sound, video and game controllers'.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-on-my-laptop.837860/
Relevancy 34.83%

Vaio laptop, pentium II, Windows XP home edition.

50% of the time I have no sound on start up. reboot and I have sound, no problem... any ideas? I am a computer dummy so....

A:laptop no sound

Pawlie said:

Vaio laptop, pentium II, Windows XP home edition.

50% of the time I have no sound on start up. reboot and I have sound, no problem... any ideas? I am a computer dummy so....Click to expand...

50% sounds suspicious -- like the system is toggling the sound on and off for each boot. Have you checked the settings for sound or volume on your laptop when you DO and when you DO NOT have sound? It may be that "something" is toggling your sound off under certain circumstances. It is a workaround, but if you open the sound "window" when you do not have sound and the sound is turned off, at least you can turn it back on without having to reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-no-sound.655759/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi, I just reformated and now my sound on my laptop doesnt work. I tried everything to get it to work and it says all of the hardware is working properly and none of the sounds are muted and they are turned all the way up. Am I doing something wrong or not doing somthing that i should be?

A:Laptop Sound

did you install the soundcard drivers also ?. If not install them. If you don't have the CD that came up with the laptop, go to the manufactures website and download drivers for the soundcard. usually you will find them to the model of your laptop.
cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-sound.212234/
Relevancy 34.83%

I think I deleted sound from my hard drive when I was cleaning it up. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad and went to the Lenovo website to download the driver but when I look in the Control Panel it says no Audio device. When I look under the hardware tab it shows the audio driver and says it is working properly but I have no sound. All I hear are "beeps" from the laptop. Sorry - I am pretty computer illiterate. Any help would be appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-on-laptop.1097098/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi i have a dell latitude d620 and the sound volume is very low. All the levels on everything are set on high but this makes no difference. i tried uninstalling the driver and downloading the driver from dell. Reinstalling the driver but this still made no change. Can you help. cheers