Windows Support Forum

Connected to internet, but no access

Q: Connected to internet, but no access

Hello there,
I have seen that you are knowledgeable regarding pc, and have also seen tht you resolved successfully several threads.

I have a laptop and up to yesterday I could connect to the internet through wifi and cable. But today I cannot.

Here you can see my wifi.txt : https://www.dropbox.com/s/27g7g6xzqb8al1e/myWifi.txt?dl=0
and here my wired: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5nwfr6nwafoj1a/myWired.txt?dl=0
I uninstalled bitdefender to no avail.
Yesterday I was experimenting with this software: hotspot shield, bot revolt, ghostsurf. I uninstalled it yesterday and internet was working fine after that. I am just mentioning it.
I have win 8.1
I dont have any red in device mgr.

I am looking forward to your answer.
I hope you can help me
Kind regards
nisidotatos

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Connected to internet, but no access

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Connected to internet, but no access

I'm posting a Win/8 solution solved in a private conversation. After proving that TCP could PING and use NSLOOKUP, it is time to suspect browser settings - - here's the solution:

jobeard said:

IE(9) -> Internet Options
General Tab
set homepage too www.google.com/

Security Tab
[x] enable protected mode

Connections Tab
at the bottom click Lan settings button
[x] Automatic detect settings SHOULD BE ON
[ ] auto script OFF
[ ] use a proxy OFF

Advanced Tab
[x] software rendering instead of GPU
Browsing
[x] disable script debugging (there's 2 of these)
HTTP 1.1
[x] both boxes
International
[x] send IDN names
[x] send UTF-8
Security
[x] check publisher revocation
[x] check certificate
[x] check signatures on downloads
[x] enable Windows Authentication
[x] enable memory protection
[x] use SSL 3.0
[x] use TLS 1.0
[x] use TLS 1.1
[x] use TSL 1.2
[x] warn certificate address mismatch
[x] warn if postClick to expand...

nisidotatos said:

It worked.
it was a problem here:
Connections Tab
at the bottom click Lan settings button
[x] Automatic detect settings SHOULD BE ON
[ ] auto script OFF
[ ] use a proxy OFF

the auto was off, and also a vpn required was on, which I deactivated.
It is working now.
This is great.
I thank you so much.
If you ever come to Greece, give me a call!!!Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-internet-but-no-access.205805/
Relevancy 67.08%

Okay I live in the dorms in college well actually they are not the dorms but overflow apartments because the dorms were full not sure if it matters but thought i should add I brought my wireless netgear router with me to wireless room access losing on to Connected dorm internet but router connected school to plug my Ps into and to Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room download certain things the school blocks on the regular wireless internet So I plug my Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room router into the jack in the room and then run wireless to my laptop and wired to my Ps I set up the router and it determined the internet connection is DHCP I set the router to obtain I P and DNS addresses dynamically and it won t work then i set it to use static addresses the address that it picked up dynamically It then works for awhile sometimes a few hours and sometimes less than an hour To get it to work again all I have to do is set it back to dynamic wait a couple minutes and move it back to static When I lose connection my playstation says its a DNS error my roommate plugs his laptop directly into the jack on the wall because he doesn t have a wireless card and he hasn t said anything about losing his connection But once i plugged him into the router he loses his connection just like me I am sure i am forgetting something important if anymore info is needed I will add Please help it is really getting annoying changing the setting on the router nbsp

A:Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room

If you don't use the router at all, does your Internet connection stay active?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-but-losing-internet-access-on-wireless-router-connected-to-dorm-room.136082/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi -- I'm new here and I'm not sure I am posting this in the right forum but my Gateway laptop won't access the internet and gives me the error in the network and connections w/ No address Can't IP Limited Internet find Access" "Connected Access, as quot connected "Connected w/ Limited Access" No Internet Access, Can't find IP address with limited access quot or quot local only quot My other computers connect fine to the router so its definitely my computer I have Vista OS -- Gateway online quot help quot said I have a defective network card because the IP address came back as a default So I bought a usb network card disabled my other one and still didn't work I tried an ethernet cable and that doesn't work either I also tried connecting to my city's "Connected w/ Limited Access" No Internet Access, Can't find IP address free wifi "Connected w/ Limited Access" No Internet Access, Can't find IP address with the same result System Restore didn't work I put my setting to find the DNS and IP automatically My Wireless network shows as connected -- I am just not able to get an IP I had previously had an intermittent problem with this and assumed it was the signal Now it just stopped working entirely I am thinking this must be a problem with Vista because the other network card and the cable didn't work either Any ideas on how to fix this

A:"Connected w/ Limited Access" No Internet Access, Can't find IP address

Is DHCP Client started?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306605/connected-w-limited-access-no-internet-access-cant-find-ip-address/
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm using Windows Home Premium -bit on a Dell Inspiron laptop and for some reason the Internet has stopped working sometime during the evening on the th of July in after I unsuccessfully tried to fix Just Cause by changing a setting for Data Execution Prevention from quot turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only quot to quot turn on access says limited It no or access. connected Internet sometimes but DEP for all programs and services except It sometimes says connected or limited access but no Internet access. those I select quot and I selected quot Just Cause quot and its shortcuts and I restarted my laptop for the changes to take effect I will explain this problem further in another thread It now sometimes says connected or limited access but unidentified network and no Internet access I don't know why the Internet stopped working after that The Internet only works in Safe Mode with Networking but not in normal mode I right-clicked the Wireless Connection icon clicked quot troubleshoot problems quot and the Windows Network Diagnostics troubleshooter loads and tries to troubleshoot the problem for a few seconds and it then tells me to turn off the modem for seconds and then turn it back on I've tried that multiple times System Restore Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and maybe Panda Antivirus to no avail I don't have this problem on my iPad my phones and some other devices only on my laptop I don't want to have to buy a reinstall Windows or buy a new laptop or computer Can you please help me fix the Internet on my laptop as soon as possible I'm posting about this from my iPad I took this photo from my iPad showing all the details with CMD Command Prompt

A:It sometimes says connected or limited access but no Internet access.

Hi PK2,
Sounds more like you game caused the problem.
Revert the DEP settings, hopefully that will give you your internet back.
If that fails try your OLDEST restore point.

You will NOT have to buy W7 again, your comp has a factory restore option, possibly in the Dell program files, or via your Bios.

Im assuming your other problem is a BSOD.
Go Control panel >> device manager >> update your graphics card and Network adapters, and are there any marked with an ! or a small black down arrow or Problem devices.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399628-sometimes-says-connected-limited-access-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 60.2%

So after my Dell laptop automatically updated from Windows services the internet is suddenly not working anymore also my iTunes has problem of recognizing my iphone it totally ignores to Internet!! - Wireless Internet Solved: Connected Connection Cannot Access but when i plug my iphone in I wonder that updating my windows has affected the ability performance of my Dell It was working fine the day before and now all the sudden it Solved: Wireless Internet Connection - Connected but Cannot Access to Internet!! won t let me access to internet no more I use internet at my school s library sorry I m a low income studen I tried to removed all the stored internet profiles and reentered but it wouldnt change anything I also tried to come over my friend house and tried to connect to internet but the same problem happened Connected to internet but has no access I dont know know the information of the router modem etc but I have the ipconfig pingy thing and hijackthis I dont know this information is enough but please please help me I really need internet to do my hw Thanks you guys much much Here is the command thing Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Michael gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Michael-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - D-E - - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f f b e ab Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -C - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection ... Read more

A:Solved: Wireless Internet Connection - Connected but Cannot Access to Internet!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-internet-connection-connected-but-cannot-access-to-internet.858000/
Relevancy 60.2%

I am connected wirelessly with internet access according to my computer, but my internet sporadically stops working. Usually happens every 5 minutes or so. However, my Skype always works, even when my browsers and games don't. This has only happened within the last 3 days. Before that, my internet worked perfectly. Please help!

A:Connected to network with internet access but internet isn't working properly

I am assuming something extra is running in the background when you have a browser open, or you play games (I am sure on line games use browsers to operate) have you checked for tool bars? or small programs that where not there before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-network-with-internet-access-but-internet-isnt-working-properly.1112574/
Relevancy 60.2%

Pretty much as stated. I have tried everything. I need help.
Win XP Home Premium HP Pavilion dv 2037US
Error is:
Windows Defender
Application failed to initialize:0x800106ba. A problem caused thi program's service to stop. To start this service, restart your computer or search Help and Support fir how to start a service manually.

didnt work.

FIrefox and IE wont work.
System restore failed
deleting unnessacary programs failed
internet connections in control panel failed
windows defender mdiabled failed
onboard diagnostics failed
Hiren Boot disc diagnostics came up negative

the list goes on. i would appreciate ome help. thanks.

A:Laptop Browsers Wont access internet but i connected to internet

the error listed i linked to a exe for windows defender. it wont run, even when i hit it manually.

i dont think this is the problem though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298108/laptop-browsers-wont-access-internet-but-i-connected-to-internet/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have literally been through programs websites and forums and spent more time on this that could be used with my business rather than tech issues Running Windows everything was working 7 to Frustrated - Extremely Can't - access internet. Internet, Connected Windows fine for over a year I downloaded Extremely Frustrated - Windows 7 - Connected to Internet, Can't access internet. a file online and all of the sudden everything went down hill Major errors internet coming in and out and blue screens I don't know if it's from the downloaded file or what happened I ran the following MalwareBytes Hitman Pro CC Cleaner AVG Antivirus Comodo Antivirus Some said nothing some came up with issues cleared all Everything on my computer is now working property EXCEPT for the internet The internet icon is connected to the wireless and i even ran a microsoft fix it program to test for internet connectivity and it passed and said it was connected but when I go to any browser it shows an error and says server not found MalwareBytes won't Extremely Frustrated - Windows 7 - Connected to Internet, Can't access internet. update Extremely Frustrated - Windows 7 - Connected to Internet, Can't access internet. because it kicks back a network error I have literally tried everything I could possibly think of I broke down and hit craigslist today and bought a cheap older desktop Works perfectly but my main computer needs to be repaired Any help would be GREATLY appreciated I'm at my wits end with this Let me know if you need more information

A:Extremely Frustrated - Windows 7 - Connected to Internet, Can't access internet.

I have experienced issues with similar computer behavior.  Often times it is because the proxy settings for the internet connection are not as they should be.  If you go to the internet settings (control panel, then to internet options) and then click the tab across the top that is titled "Connections" then click the button towards the bottom labeled, "LAN settings" make sure that "Bypass proxy settings for local addresses" is not checked and that "Automatically detect settings" is checked.  This often has solved the problem for me.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505409/extremely-frustrated-windows-7-connected-to-internet-cant-access-internet/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there I am seeking the kind advice needed to solve this frustrating wireless internet problem I'm having Below is a point form summary of what I am experiencing Internet does not work using the wireless network Internet works using wired network or teathered blackberry Works on all other computers connected, access, access no internet indicates but internet Wireless except this one when I access it is incredibly slow and I can only see the login page - after login nothing shows Full reception indicating there is internet access Windows firewall is turned off and no other firewalls exist pinging Wireless connected, indicates internet access, but no internet access works pinging Google does not work TCP IP has obtain ip address dns automatically selected Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users George gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from Wireless connected, indicates internet access, but no internet access bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users George gt ping Google Pinging Google with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users George gt -------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users George gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Amir-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description b g n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Ad apter II Physical Address C-AC- C-BB-C -EA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bddb c f a f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday August PM Lease Expires Sunday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - B-F -DE-F - F-D - F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix resnet ubc ca Description Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address F -DE-F - F-D - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap resnet ubc ca Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c eb c c e a f Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe eb c c e a f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E C A -FE - DE -B - EE E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users George gt

A:Wireless connected, indicates internet access, but no internet access

see if you can ping 74.125.129.105 if you can, do a ipconfig /flushdns see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wireless-connected-indicates-internet-access-but-no-internet-access-662388.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey everyone, sorry if this is in wrong area.

So today I bought a secondhand computer. It's a Toshiba Satelite L875D-S7230.

When I connect it to my home wifi it connects no problem and says 'internet access' when I hover over the icon. However when I open open google chrome or internet explorer and type in a site, it takes a little while then says this page cannot be displayed or this web page is unavailable.

The guy I bought it from says he had no issues. And I know it's not the internet because I'm using the internet to post this from phone.
I've tried a few ideas that worked for other people on other forums like using cmd box but to no avail.

Has anyone got any idea why the computer is being such a turd?? Can anyway give advice on how to fix the problem? Thank you all so much!

A:Connected to wifi, PC says 'internet access' but can't browse internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-pc-says-internet-access-but-cant-browse-internet.1131623/
Relevancy 59.77%

A warning in advance this is going to be a fairly long post I don't know a ton about troubleshooting but I'm not computer illiterate and I've tried quite an array of tests while trying to fix things on my own First of all my laptop is an HP Presario V GB AV I'm running windows I upgraded from vista last october I had problems once back in january with being unable to download windows updates At the time I found something suggesting that this could be due to a corrupted download and so I reinstalled win and everything worked fine Now about weeks ago I started up my laptop and although it showed up as being connected under network connections none of my applications which require the internet Internet shows to Internet connected but access unable work Edit I know that the problem isn't my ISP or the network I'm on since both the computer I'm currently using to post this my parent's desktop and my laptop connect to the same network And no were not using a router we can only have computer connected at a time We simply unplug the ethernet cable from one computer and put it into the other I've looked at my ipconfig settings and everything looks fine I even tried ipconfig release and ipconfig renew as well as ipconfig dnsflush just to be safe No luck with any of that Then I went and looked at the system logs and found that ever since about november of last year there have been intermittent problems with the BITS Internet shows connected but unable to access Internet service not starting More recently BITS has not been starting and Internet shows connected but unable to access Internet I've been getting error messages that server long number string if you'd like me to post it I can did not register with DCOM within the required timeout I tried reinstalling win since it fixed my problem before but no luck this time Since then I've been trying to make sure that all my drivers are up to date as several posts about intermittant note Internet shows connected but unable to access Internet my problem is constant not intermittent internet connectivity issues seemed to lead back to drivers needing updates However as far as I can tell all my device drivers are up to date I downloaded some diagnostic tools I ran HotCPUTesterLite through its diagnostic test hours twice and it didn't turn up any hardware errors One of the tools I downloaded pointed out that my bios was rather old so I updated that most recent version was for december I can't figure out what is causing my problem unless it is windows itself If anyone can shed some light here I'd greatly appreciate it or it looks like I may have to revert back to vista till microsoft gets things fixed

A:Internet shows connected but unable to access Internet

no ideas? I'm just about ready to give up and try doing a factory reset back to vista and hope that fixes things.

Edit: Just found out additional info about my network adapter, apparently theres been no downloads for it on the intel download center for OS's after win XP. But on a different page it said that there is "in box support" for it. Would this mean that the appropriate driver was included in my win 7 install, or that my adapter is outdated for win 7 and that is causing my problem? For Reference my computer is less than 3 years old and came initially installed with vista on it. My adapter is the Intel(R) Pro 100/VE Network Connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/73765-internet-shows-connected-but-unable-access-internet.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Up until last night my main computer's internet has been really good, when trying to access the internet today it just decided that I have no internet access.

I am connecting wirelessly using an Edimax EW-7718Un usb adapter which has been good up until now.

I have read other posts and tried many of the things stated there apart from changing my mac address as when looking to change it I cannot find where to change it.

I would appreciate any help with this.
Scott

A:Connected with no internet access

Welcome to SF, Corpsus. Please fill out more completely your System Specs.

Power down - wait one minute - Power up your wireless router
Power down - wait one minute -Power up your modem

Then we can go from there

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118764-connected-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys i got a bit of a problem for some unknown Internet but connected Access No still reason every time i restart my rig i get a Yellow Triangle with and exclamation mark over my network icon on the tray Problem is i am actually connected Internet works just fine and i can upload No Internet Access but still connected download browse with no problem Issue is i cant get rid of it When i run the troubleshooter it says it cannot find an issue because there isnt really one Problem im having is with software that checks whether or not i am online by checking with windows status of connectivity And since windows thinks i have no internet access i No Internet Access but still connected cannot use those programs Ex EA s Origin i thought it may be my drivers so No Internet Access but still connected i flashed my bios to the latest version i manually installed the latest drivers for my network adapter and still nothing TBH i think its a windows issue my brother as a very similar rig with an exception of a couple diff things such as the case and videocard but the mobo s are the same Not to mention that the rig is brand new i figured one of u gurus can help me out if u have any questions about the issue that could help u figure this out feel free to ask i will post and answer anything i can thanks nbsp

A:No Internet Access but still connected

Go into Device Manager, right-click on the network adapter and click uninstall, then scan for hardware changes..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-but-still-connected.1040423/
Relevancy 58.91%

a few days ago, my gaming rig was unable to access the internet. it said it was connected, but I could not access anything. I tried to going to google, but it said 'cannot display webpage'. I heard that avast antivirus would sometimes cause problems with internet, so I removed that; but I still could not access the internet. I checked the lan properties, and it said ipv4 was connected but ipv6 was limited. is it possible that my pc is infected?

A:connected to internet, yet cant access

Welcome to BC!

Here's a BC tool that has numerous Windows mini-fixes, many of which are for connectivity issues. Give it a try ... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/ .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559288/connected-to-internet-yet-cant-access/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi There Reecently I have been having a few problems getting access to the Internet Internet to Connected No but Access Windows says that the PC is connected to the Internet however when I open the web browser it endlessly loads and does not display any web pages or download information like updates or Bing picture of the day I uninstalled KB as this was causing some problems for other Win users and it seemed to help However if i lose internet access it can only be fixed by system restore The restore points that work are ones that undo previous Windows Module Updates and previous Windows Updates This makes it even more puzzling as I have lost the Internet times since th Jan and all updates are set to manual- I will have access then it suddenly stops McAfee is not flagging anything Connected to Internet but No Access and there are no issues with the network Also I dont know whether its related but My Computer says I have Service Pack but this doesn't show up in Installed Updates Any help will be greatly appreciated and thank you very much in advance stealthassassin System Spec Acer Aspire X AMD Athlon II x GB RAM Win Pro IE GB HDD

A:Connected to Internet but No Access

How are you connecting to the Internet?  What is the manufacturer & model# of the router you are using?  Any errors showing up in Events under Administrative tools, in the Windows > System log?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522558/connected-to-internet-but-no-access/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,
I have connection to the web, but cannot access it on my main pc. I'm running windows xp sp3 on a intel celeron 2.4 with 1.5 gb of ram. I've checked connection is ok in control panel and laptop is getting signal from router ( hence i'm here ) I've tried system restore to before problem started and tried to connect without comodo being on to no availle , I've also ran anti virus scans ect and uninstalled some new programmes. I've got a feeling its something real simple but its got me beat right now. Any help would be appreciated .
Thanks
Tony

Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys, here is my issue. I'm running windows 7 home premium 64 bit using an at&t motorola 3360 dsl modem and cisco linksys e2500 router. I am able to connect to internet directly by using only the modem however I am unable to connect to my wireless network. It shows I am connected but the yellow exclamation point says there is no internet access. Drivers are up to date and ipconfig, iprenew in command prompt didn't do the trick either. Troubleshooter says modem is experiencing connectivity issues and to restart modem but that also doesn't help. I'm having the same issue trying to connect to the network on a laptop.

Background: The modem is new. When this issue first started i thought it was the old modem because the internet light wasn't coming on. Now with the new modem the internet light comes on but the issue remains.

A:Connected but no internet access

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Please take a look at this post:
Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

Please include the IP config info for when you are connected to the 3360 modem and when connected to the e2500 router via hard wire.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314345-connected-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.91%

It's been like this for a while. If I update anything NEW it won't work. If I try to download anything it will say I have no internet connection. If I do anything big, I'll disconnect. Please help me.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I desperately need some help with my problem I had purchased my netbook about a month ago and everything worked fine About weeks ago I suddenly had a problem connecting wirelessly to the internet despite having a strong signal and having made no changes to my configuration It either states that I'm connected to a Need but Connected no Internet Access Help. public network with no internet access or that I'm connected to my Home Network with no internet access or limited access Two days later I suddenly was able to connect again with no change to my configuration However the same problem keeps recurring and I have no idea how to fix it I hope someone can help me with this My desktop PC is physically connected Need Help. Connected but no Internet Access to my router and modem runs on Vista has a static ip address and has no connection problems My router is a ZyXEL NBG- N and my netbook connects wirelessly and is running windows Is it a router issue or just some problem with my configuration

A:Need Help. Connected but no Internet Access

Can u perhaps re-check that the security key and type is identical to that of the desktop and that it matches that of the router. I was going to suggest that - purely momentarily - you try disabling the security and see if the laptop connects but I read on this forum that Windows 7 will not connect in wireless mode in the absence of a security key (?). Does the laptop connect OK from a fixed wired Ethernet setup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/73380-need-help-connected-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I'm not a very tech savvy person, so I'm not sure how to fix this. I just got a brand new ASUS laptop with Windows 10 already installed on there. When I was first setting it up, I was not at home, so I used the internet at my friends house which I had no problem connecting to. When I got home, I could connect to my Wi-fi, but it kept saying "No Internet Access". I went to someone else's house later and tried it there (which it did the same thing, but later discovered that McAfee was blocking me from accessing this internet so I uninstalled it and it worked immediately). Thinking the problem was fixed, I returned home, but I am STILL having the same problem again. Please help! I am going to be using this computer for school, and if I can't fix this problem, I am hopeless.

Thanks!

A:Connected to Wi-Fi, but no internet access?

Go to Start > All Apps > Windows Administrative Tools > Windows Firewall with Advanced Security. Click on Windows Firewall Properties in the center, then make sure Domain Profile, Private Profile and Public Prifile outbound is not set to block. They should all say Alllow (Default)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wi-fi-but-no-internet-access.1155062/
Relevancy 58.91%

My computer shows that I have an internet connection but cannot access it. (I have tried Chrome, IE, Firefox, and other programs that requires an internet connection but none will work).

Internet works fine in SAFE MODE...

(I have tried changing firewall, proxy, and DNS setting but have had not luck yet...)

Any other Idea of what might be the Problem?

A:no internet access even though I am connected

Hello and welcome jltv mate some system specs would be very useful please
System Info - See Your System Specs

For starters what sort of internet set up are you running cable or wifi?? I am a bit perplexed as to why the net runs in safe mode too as I have found on my machines it would not run??

Maybe you could run these jst as a matter of elimination if you have not already

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f and /r options in Option 2 ifnecessary

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350790-no-internet-access-even-though-i-am-connected.html
Relevancy 58.91%

1. Is this a wired or wireless connection issue? Wireless

2. Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)? New Zealand

3. What type of Broadband connection are you using? DSL

4. What is the exact Make and Model of your Modem, Router or Modem/Router Combo - Linksys

5. What is the Name of the Anti-Virus, Security or Firewall Software installed from the problematic computer - n/a

I recently purchased a wireless USB and installed the EDUP driver for it. It appears there is connectivity but I have no internet access. I have looked everywhere but am unsure how to fix this problem. Your help is much appreciated! Thanks.

A:Internet connected but no access

Welcome to Seven Forums wooja978. Can you ping a website?

Start> In search box type cmd.exe> Enter> When command prompt opens type

ping www.sevenforums.com

Enter

Does it successfully connect?

If so, Start> All programs> Windows Update

Does Update connect?

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303219-internet-connected-but-no-access.html
Relevancy 58.91%

i have recently occurred a problem when connection to the internet on my desktop computer. I connect to the internet through a wirless adapter but when i connect it says no internet access. i have also tried a wired connection but still no luck. i am able to connect on other devices in the house. i have tried everything such as reseting stuff but still no luck . please help !

Relevancy 58.91%

This keeps happening: my girlfriend's laptop, both at her house and at mine, comes up with "conectado - sin acceso a Internet" (connected, no access to Internet).

What can we do about this? how can it be connected but have no access to the internet?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Bob H.

A:Connected - but with no access to Internet

Hi,

Try using this tool below, It helped me alot in the past and I hope it will help you too.

P.S. If you run this tool, and you get internet access. try rebooting your computer/laptop, and see if you still have a internet connection. If not. try setting the tool in the startup folder. this way the tool gets automaticly started whenever you start your computer/laptop on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connected-but-with-no-access-to-internet-672714.html
Relevancy 58.91%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I upgraded my Vista Home Premium x to SP on No problem until Internet even though connected Access Cannot Now I cannot get Cannot Access Internet even though connected on the internet regardless of firefox IE or Chrome The Windows Network Diagnostics did not find any problems The network and Sharing center shows that I am connected to my network and then to the internet with no issues IPv Internet IPv limited Steps completed thus far gt I rebooted the cable modem and the router linksys wrt g gt Cannot Access Internet even though connected I successfully pinged the x computer with a different cpu on the network Status activity shows bytes sent and received successfully on the x system gt I tried to system restore prior to SP upgrade but says failed however System properties show that running SP gt I updated network card driver intel lf- to most recent - gt I ran the Intel network card diagnostics and all test were sucessful gt Booted into safe mode with networking Unsuccessful gt Ran Hijackthis nothing unusual gt Plugged x network card directly into cable modem bypassing router No dice gt I am at a loss of what to do I do even know how to describe the situation succinctly enough to search and see if others have had the same problem My computer is a Dell XPS Studio Core i w x Home Premium Please help Also I am now getting the pesky Data Execution Prevention message after ever window that I close I tried to do the bcedit exe fix but said that bcedit wasn't recognized

A:Cannot Access Internet even though connected

You might want to disable IPv6 networking support and see if you connect.
The HJT log you attached says you are running Vista SP1. Are you sure your update to SP2 worked fine?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/254729/cannot-access-internet-even-though-connected/
Relevancy 58.91%

So, I read a lot of these threads and I've tried to many fixes and yet nothing seems to be working. I went from getting no connection > connected with limited access > connected with no internet access > to lastly connected to homegroup on a home network with Internet access.

But, even with this I can load maybe one website before everything just seems to stall out forever and will disconnect and reconnect. I got as far as clicking a download link and having it freeze.

My router is about 30 ft away from my computer, all other computers work fine. (Other computers include Dell Mini 9 on Ubuntu, PC on Windows XP, and Laptop on Windows XP)

The computer in question is a PC running Windows 7 with these specs:

Router: Asus RT-N12
Motherboard: Asus M4A785-M
Network Card: AZiO AWD102N

A:Connected with internet access, but....

Hi, are all the machines having the same issue. If so can you provide ipconfig detail for just one of them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/51425-connected-internet-access-but.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I upgraded my Vista Home Premium x to SP on No problem until Now I cannot get on the internet regardless of firefox IE or Chrome The Windows Network Diagnostics did not find any problems The network and Sharing center shows that I am connected to my network and then to the internet with no issues IPv Internet IPv limited Steps completed thus far though access connected Cannot internet even I rebooted the cable Cannot access internet even though connected modem and the router linksys wrt g I successfully pinged the x computer with a different cpu on the network Status activity shows bytes sent and received successfully on the x system I tried to system restore prior to SP upgrade but Cannot access internet even though connected says failed however System properties show that running SP I updated network card driver intel lf- to most recent - I ran the Intel network card diagnostics and all test were sucessfulBooted into safe mode with networking Unsuccessful Ran Hijackthis nothing unusual I am at a loss of what to do I do even know how to describe the situation succinctly enough to search and see if others have had the same problem My computer is a Dell XPS Studio Core i w x Home Premium Please help Also I am now getting the pesky Data Execution Prevention message after ever window that I close I tried to do the bcedit exe fix but said that bcedit wasn't recognized

A:Cannot access internet even though connected

Have you tried bypassing your router and connecting directly to your cable modem?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/245593-cannot-access-internet-even-though-connected.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys Not great with computers so bare with me Recently purchased a new hp envy beats edition I am unable to get access to the internet My network sharing center tells me i am connected to the internet but right below it says quot no internet access quot and my wireless connection strength bar on the bottom right hand side has a exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle on it I have another windows computer smart phones and Xbox live running on this connection with no issues I have tied the new HP at my parents house along with several friends and the same thing happens It will connect occasionally but connected, but access is internet no for no longer than - minutes getting worse if i try to stream or download Does this on my wireless as well All software and hardware updates have been done every update possible including firmware for my modem there wasn't one but i verified I sent the computer back to hp for them to change the wireless card but when i got it back to confirm the work had not been done So in frustration i demanded a new computer and got one To my unpleasant surprise right out of the box the new laptop same exact model and specs had the EXACT same problem Now i do still have the original laptop as well because i refuse to return it until my problem is fixed Both laptops connect and function flawlessly to the internet when i connect through an ethernet cable I have also tried different internet is connected, but no access browsers as well with still no luck explorer and google chrome I am now faced to take matters into my own hands Does any one think they can help S Thanks a lot

A:internet is connected, but no access

One more thing to try is a separate external wireless adapter - just to see if that works. I bet it does.

Another thing to try is sharing files with others on your home network (you do not need the internet for this). Does that work and is the speed normal?

Check to see if it makes a difference if you turn off security on your home network router. Or go to starbucks or wherever you have free wi-fi and see if it works any better.

Also disable IP6 on your network settings for your computer.

How to disable IP version 6 (IPv6) or its specific components in Windows 7, in Windows Vista, in Windows Server 2008 R2, and in Windows Server 2008

It sounds like you have a driver problem or driver conflict with your wireless driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196999-internet-connected-but-no-access.html
Relevancy 58.91%

All the old threads recommend starting over so here goes connected access internet but no When I first plug in CDMA usb modem everything is fine Full download speed everything is normal Then after random length of time nothing transfers but connection is still active The only way to get functionality back is to unplug modem and plug back in or reboot Then the same thing happens This seems to be an old problem with no definitive solution Modem works fine with XP both x and x Worked on an HP Win x laptop until it died DV connected but no internet access Also works on a brand new desktop with Gigabyte mb Win x and USB Dell D Latitude Now running Win x but started with x Device manager has no yellow Using Windows firewall same problem with it turned off BIOS updated to A I've been trying every quot fix quot in threads going back to I do not think it is IPv related Please help if you have any other suggestions

A:connected but no internet access

Since we don't know what you tried and what not.
- Did you uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Device Manager?
- Find the "USB Hub" which the device is attached to(check power tab) and Reset the hub in Properties-Advanced tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/372144-connected-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Ok so here's the deal. I'm using a Compaq notebook computer. My original problem was that the network that I was connected to said I had Internet access but wouldnt let me access the Internet. After looking online I realized the reason was because I had recently unisntalled Norton. Well as I went through the steps to remove it completely I must have messed something else up because now when I connect to the network it say local access only and it's not sending any packets. I tried the ip reset and all that but none of that seems to help... HELP PLZ!!!

Relevancy 58.91%

I ve been trying to figure this out before asking for help quot that s just Internet Cant But Connected Access how i am quot But this has stressed me more then ever before the wireless cards program Dynex utilities says Connected But Cant Access Internet the IP has failed Although windows network connections say connected speed quot Great quot quot excellent quot But only sends and receives around packets or so The first thing you would think is the pass phrase hex is wrong it s RIGHT i even tried connection on a open connection This is what i get BEFORE i connect to the network C Documents and Settings bob gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name BOB- B BH Q WR Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Dynex Enhanced G Desktop Card Physical Address - C-DF- - - And this is what i get AFTER i connect C Documents and Settings bob gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name BOB- B BH Q WR Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Dynex Enhanced G Desktop Card Physical Address - C-DF- - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday December PM Lease Expires Monday January PM If it helps any i have a dynamic ip address Any ideas would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

My PC will intermittently connect wirelessly to the Internet. Sometimes for hours, sometimes not at all.

I have a dlink 2740-b router and using the USB RangeBooster pluin receiver for wireless. ( I've already swapped the router for a new one, same problem )

The tray Icon for the WZM says CONNECTED, 300Mbs, Signal Excellent. I cannot though, connect to the router wirelessly on 192.168.1.1

I have a green Internet light on the front of the router as well as a green DSL.

Sometimes the Internet connection light goes out and I have to reset the router. This has just happened so I thought I would try something.

I switched on my laptop, tried to connect to the same router wirelessly and it connected fine.

Tried again on the PC and although it says it is connected, there is nothing. Everytime I try and access a page on the net it says " Page cannot be found"

Any ideas?

Relevancy 58.91%

My roomate and I set up our wireless router he can connect to the internet but i cant I see the network and can connect to it but when i try to access web cannot connected access internet Says im but pages I get an error here is what i get when i type quot ipconfig all quot Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Positive Paul gt ip config all ip is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Documents and Settings Positive Paul gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PaulsCPU Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List natnow rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix natnow rr com Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - F-B -FF- -CA Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix natnow rr com Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - -A - -CC- B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM C Documents and Settings Positive Paul gt nbsp

A:Says im connected but cannot access internet

a few things you can try
1) plug the cable your roommate is using into your computer and see if you get on line
2) try a different port on the router
3) if you are trying wireless then plug in
4) try pinging your roommates computer and the gateway on the router
5) try bypassing the router and plugging in direct

there is always the possibility of a bad nic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/says-im-connected-but-cannot-access-internet.632579/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi

I just reformatted a PC with windows XP

I went through the new network connections links so i can download updates but i cant get browser access to the internet.

other PC's in the room have perfect web access and can log in to the router.

I am showing a 400 Mb/s connection through the 1394 net adaptor but cant ping or log in to the router and no internet either.

If i run IPCONFIG or IPCONFIG/ALL from a DOS screen it responds with ;

"Windows IP configuration"

C:\documents and settings\Name>
any suggestions ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-lan-but-no-internet-access.1170043/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey everyone so I have been stuck with this issue and it's driving me crazy.. My laptop won't get internet access.. It says I'm connected and when I click Firefox or Safari or anything the page can't load.. My phone connects and my iPad and Xbox on netflix.. I've tried to system restore, automatic connections I'm stuck I don't know what to do please help

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I just recently moved in to a new apartment and but internet Connected access no I have no internet access through wifi on my laptop I do get signal but the legend quot no internet Connected but no internet access access quot is displayed I do have internet in both my phone and my tablet and by creating a wifi hotspot still with WPA security on my phone using the same network for it I am able to get internet access on my computer The service is provided Connected but no internet access by O I have a lenovo Y running windows with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC wireless adapter ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PROCEDURE SO FAR ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I disabled and re-enabled the wifi but to no avail I switched to my other OS Debian and I also have the problem there so I decided to go back to windows thinking it would be easier to solve there I originally had McAfee antivirus and I read that it sometimes causes such problems so I uninstalled it I wanted to get rid of it anyway and installed BullGuard and still had the same problem I turned the firewall off and still had the problem I then saw that for some reason my network was public instead of private so I changed it to private Did not solve the issue I uninstalled the driver which was again automatically reinstalled but still the problem remained It it also up to date I ran the commands quot ipconfig release quot quot ipconfig renew quot which did not help then quot netsh int ip reset reset log quot quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot restarted my computer but that didn t fix it either I also tried troubleshooting and earlier I got that there was a problem with the DNS server so I fixed it to and But that didn t help Then after trying some of the aforementioned steps I tried trouble shooting again this time getting quot Problem with wireless adapter or access point quot Running the command quot ipconfig quot while on a wired connection I get the output Code Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter LocalAreaConnection MediaState Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter LocalAreaConnection MediaState Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix localdomain Link-localIPv Address fe a b c b a IPv Address SubnetMask DefaultGateway Ethernet adapter BluetoothNetworkConnection MediaState Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi MediaState Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix localdomain Tunnel adapter TeredoTunnelingPseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd c d a f a Link-localIPv Address fe c d a f a DefaultGateway Tunnel adapter isatap localdomain MediaState Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix localdomain Running the same command while on wireless I get Code Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Ethernet MediaState Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix localdomain Wireless LAN adapter LocalAreaConnection MediaState Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter LocalAreaConnection MediaState Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix localdomain Link-localIPv Address fe c bc ddda a IPv Address SubnetMask DefaultGateway Ethernet adapter BluetoothNetworkConnection MediaState Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter TeredoTunnelingPseudo-Interface MediaState Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap localdomain MediaState Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix localdomain I don t understand I m getting a correct Ip-address I m now tired of this not working please help me solve this is... Read more

A:Connected but no internet access

Run the McAfee Removal Tool.

Uninstall Bullguard (and run the removal tool if one is provided).

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

If still no internet access via Wi-Fi please show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following commands:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

ping 8.8.4.4

ping yahoo.com

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-but-no-internet-access.1157142/
Relevancy 58.91%

Recently my laptop has a boot error and auto recovery and maintenances could not solve the issue. So I reset the laptop but kept the files and now it boots perfectly fine however none of the internet is working. It shows that I am connected to the wifi but there is no access whatsoever. I even uninstaled my network adapters and even tried a wired conmection and everything seems to not work. All my other devices are connected to the router perfectly.
I am using a lenovo y50 touch with windows ten 64bit.

I have already tried updating drivers, deleting temp files, disabling firewall (antivirus was removed from reset), and already tried the ip config release and renew.
All I can think of now is attempting to restore to factory but I dont think that will solve anything.

A:Connected to internet but no access

Did a ping test to google and I am getting a reply.
However I have tried to access the internet through various apps and the appstore and it still shows me errors such as the error code: 0x80072ee7

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/40560-connected-internet-but-no-access.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My desktop was connected to wireless router by ethernet cable but it seems the ports on the router are now US. Bought netgear N300 USB adapter and installed. Had problems getting "limited connectivity etc" messages 'cos wasn't getting IP address allocated. Have now manually allocated IP address and connection status is now "Connected" (with no warning about limited connectivity etc). However I can't connect to the internet. Any ideas please ?

Relevancy 58.91%

Recently my laptop has a boot error and auto recovery and maintenances could not solve the issue. So I reset the laptop but kept the files and now it boots perfectly fine however none of the internet is working. It shows that I am connected to the wifi but there is no access whatsoever. I even uninstaled my network adapters and even tried a wired conmection and everything seems to not work. All my other devices are connected to the router perfectly.
I am using a lenovo y50 touch with windows ten 64bit.

I have already tried updating drivers, deleting temp files, disabling firewall (antivirus was removed from reset), and already tried the ip config release and renew.
All I can think of now is attempting to restore to factory but I dont think that will solve anything.

A:Connected to internet but no access

Did a ping test to google and I am getting a reply.
However I have tried to access the internet through various apps and the appstore and it still shows me errors such as the error code: 0x80072ee7

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/40560-connected-internet-but-no-access.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My nexus 7 is fine but my friends toshiba nb100 operating on windows xp says its connected to my WiFi network with excellent strength but will not allow me access to the internet. In the local library, it works OK, if a little slow!! Can you help? Thanks!

A:connected but will not let me access the internet

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Press ENTER after each command.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.
Also attach ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows Vista or latter I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-but-will-not-let-me-access-the-internet.1144044/
Relevancy 58.91%

Aye techies I m in need of some help here I was surfing the web one night and noticed that it was getting late so I turned my computer off I get back No Internet but Connected Access on in the morning after to find that my internet has completely stopped working Connected but No Internet Access I tried everything like restarting system restore and Connected but No Internet Access all that other junk Just looking for a solve TL DR - computer stopped connecting to internet randomly and in need of maintenance Facts- -Desktop -Windows -Wired connection but connected to a wireless modem Heres my IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Shayne gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Shayne-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address F - F- - D-CB- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bf ae e c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday November PM Lease Expires Sunday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -A -EC-F - F- - D-CB- E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D A-C - F - C-DAE CDB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Connected but No Internet Access

bumping for heeeeeellllp!
also, im on my laptop which is connected to the wireless router that my wired desktop wont connect to

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-but-no-internet-access.1025625/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello everyone,

Just recently I installed a copy of the Comodo Firewall Pro (version 3.0.22.349) and everything was working perfectly. About a week later I went over to a friends house and connected my laptop to his router for a LAN game and upon returning home found I could connect to my wireless router but was not getting any real internet access.

I know the problem is coming from the firewall because I have had the same problem with Zone Alarm in the past (I would just reformat in a fit of rage) and would like to find out how to fix this problem once and for all.

My computer is an
HP Pavilion which runs Windows XP Media Center Edition
512 MB RAM
Wireless Internet Card
Security software includes Comodo and Avira Anti-Virus.

Let me know if you need any more information and thanks in advance for the help!

A:Connected To The Internet But Not Able To Access It...

Hello,Comodo firewall can be a bit of a problem sometimes. Some troubleshooting is required here.When you open up the firewall do you see the big green tick next to system status?On the same page down near the bottom, how many files are waiting for your review?Click on the firewall tab and on view firewall events could you list some of the applications that have been blocked?Click on my network zones is your router listed there?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149208/connected-to-the-internet-but-not-able-to-access-it/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi guys,

I have 2 internet connections at home (different ISP's), X and Y.

I cannot access the internet from X (WiFi) on my PC. I can from other devices.

Y (WiFi) has no problems.

I tried, Network Reset (Windows 10), ipconfig /release, /renew, netsh, winsock reset, but cannot seem to find out what the issue is.

What is the best way forward?

A:Connected, no Internet Access

Hi there,

Try un-installing the wifi network drivers, reboot your computer, and then install the latest wifi network drivers for your computer.

Hope this helps you out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/connected-no-internet-access-1159673.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi All

People may remember i posted a similar topic which involved the same connected but no Internet access problem, this problem was fixed thanks to the help of the people here.

I have however recently bought a brand new laptop with win 7 pre-installed which seems to have a similar problem as the desktop.

The difference is that the connection is more sporadic it may be fine for a hour or two then the connection shows a yellow warning sign and says ' no internet access' . During this time the internet is unavailable.

does any one have any fixes or seen this problem before?

thanks

A:connected but no internet access again!!

Quote: Originally Posted by boarbaboon

Hi All

People may remember i posted a similar topic which involved the same connected but no Internet access problem, this problem was fixed thanks to the help of the people here.

I have however recently bought a brand new laptop with win 7 pre-installed which seems to have a similar problem as the desktop.

The difference is that the connection is more sporadic it may be fine for a hour or two then the connection shows a yellow warning sign and says ' no internet access' . During this time the internet is unavailable.

does any one have any fixes or seen this problem before?

thanks

Systems specs and network setup please

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/143586-connected-but-no-internet-access-again.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My wireless icon on the bottom right says i am connect but when i try to go on any browser it says cant open the page or not connected to the internet and the same for any application that uses the internet, they say the same thing or cant connect to server. it used to work but once i got rid of some virus' it stopped working. someone please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-but-cannot-access-internet.1004940/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello All

I have a major problem with my PC. It's been fine but yesterday I turned it on and Windows XP Pro was locked. I couldn't remember the password so I went to user accounts.

In the control panel, several items were missing, including user accounts and internet options.

The bizarre thing is I can connect to the internet but I cannot download any pages. The error: 'cannot find null' comes if i try.

In internet diagnostics, it says i have to go to internet options (which has disappeared!) and do soemthing with the proxy server.

Another error that comes is 'MSIMG32.dll was not found'. This comes if I click on 'help and support' and sometimes 'control panel'.

So that's about it! Any help very much appreciated.

Jon.

Relevancy 58.91%

for the first time i tried to connect my laptop to a wireless connection... a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark flashed over the wireless icon...it said identifying the network and then said no internet access... i tried all the methods... i am not able to renew the ip address or reset it.... the network protection is wpa/wpa2 psk.... i know there is no problem with my router as all my other devices can access net through it.... i tried disabling the firewall and then connecting... but with no luck...in the status of the network i have ipv6= no internet access... ipv4= no internet access... when i troubleshoot the network it says invalid ip address... and when i manually enter ip address in ipv6.. there it also says invalid ip address... plz help me !!

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 58.48%

i have a windowx xp laptop, i plug it into a router and says the status is connected but no internet access. please help. thanks!

A:wired internet is connected but no access to internet

and welcome to the Forum

Did this pc ever connect to the new with this connection? Please post a list of all networking equiment . . Modem, Router, anything else conncected to the newtork.

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wired-internet-is-connected-but-no-access-to-internet-604449.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I can connect and access the internet wirelessly. I can connect but not access the internet when hardwired. I can ping the router and receive 4 positive replies. I have another computer connect via hardwire to the modem and it works fine. I've switched cables from one computer to the other and it made no difference.
I was was connecting and accessing the internet just fine a few days ago. I had to leave for a few days and someone else had access to my computer. They deny doing anything. I tried restoring the computer to an earlier point but it only had one restoration point from 1 day ago. The restoration made no difference. I've tried connecting via firefox and internet explorer but no luck. Any ideas?

A:computer is connected to internet but can't access internet

Your Default Gateway is your Router. Unplug the power plug to the Modem and the Router. Plug the power into just the Modem (unless you have a modem/router combo) When all the lights come up, plug in the power to the Router (unless combo of course)
Now Go to Start/Run and type inetcpl.cpl and press enter/Connections/LAN Settings. Make sure all the boxes are unchecked. Now go to Start/Run and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. Right click the Local Area connection/Properties scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP-IP)/Properties. Make sure Obtain an IP Address and DNS Server Address Automatically are both checked. Now go to Start/Run and type CMD and press enter. IN the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and press enter. the IP Address changes to 0.0.0.0 Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Now type ipconfig /renew. Now type ipconfig /all. You should have a new IP address try it again. If you still cannot connect please include the text output of your ipconfig /all in your next post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-is-connected-to-internet-but-cant-access-internet-608282.html
Relevancy 58.48%

what can i do about this?

rts threshold 2347
802.11d disabled adapter advanced options

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\aa>ipconfig /all
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : a
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8102E Family PCI-E Fast E
thernet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-24-21-F4-2B-F2
Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : 802.11b/g Mini Card Wireless Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-24-21-C6-BE-C3
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 206.116.102.78
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 206.116.100.254
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 75.154.133.68
C:\Documents and Settings\aa>
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\aa>

A:wireless internet connected but cant access internet

The subnet mask seems odd for the IP Address. If you go to a command prompt and ping yahoo.com, does it resolve? If not, ping the default gateway and DNS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connected-but-cant-access-internet.983841/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, I have a Asus Laptop operating with Windows 8.1. It connects to wifi but none of the desktop icons can get to the Internet. Meanwhile most window tiles in the start menu have Internet access . For example I have the application "MegaTube" and that application has access to the Internet. As well as the weather app, which updates when connected to the Internet. Please help.

A:Laptop is connected to Internet, but no internet access

Any third party Internet Security software installed? Is this a Public Wifi Hotspot, or your own personal Intetnet connection that you pay for. Are any other computers when connecting to that wifi a/p having problems going online?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51475-laptop-connected-internet-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hi,
Am using dell inspiron laptop with windows 7 home premium 64 bit , i have a free wifi in our collage when i give connect it was getting connected but there is no internet access i had tried with trouble shoot it was giving problem regarding DNS pls tel me how to use wifi

A:wireless internet connected but no internet access ?

Open network and sharing center, click Change adapter settings (Top left), double click your Wireless Adapter, Hit properties, Double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), set both options to Obtain and address automatically (IP and DNS). Click ok and close all windows.

If troubleshooting still says it can't ping the DNS servers try repeating the steps above but set the second option to Use the following DNS server addresses:
Prefered DNS server: 208.67.222.222
Alternate DNS server: 208.67.220.220
And try accessing the Internet again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/179319-wireless-internet-connected-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Ihave had problems with this computer in the past connecting wirelessly to internet and had a friend fix it, issues with the ip adress I think. I am on a mac connected wirelessly in our house but when I tried my laptop it said it was connected but internet explorer couldn't open any pages. When I tried to repair it it said it needed to clear the arp cache. I followed directions from this site to do that which worked, the repair process completed with no other messages but I still can't connect. Everything looks right but I still can't connect! help!

A:laptop says it's connected to internet but i can't access the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-says-its-connected-to-internet-but-i-cant-access-the-internet.854024/
Relevancy 58.48%

To expand on the title a bit I can't go on anything that ranges from browsing the internet or playing games that require internet I usually use google chrome but no other browsers work When i click a browser it just loads forever I've tried some solutions online that range from clearing my DMS to going to my browser settings that not anything requires but access internet Internet can Connected This problem started ever since I restarted my labtop for one of Internet Connected but can not access anything that requires internet the scheduled windows update things I use windows x I've also tried disabling firewalll antivirus and restoring my computer to an earlier time Here is my ipconfig all if it helps Microsoft Windows Version Internet Connected but can not access anything that requires internet c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C WINDOWS system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name EricKim Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -B -E - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address F -B -E - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix pepperdine edu Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address B - -E -B - -CB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Qualcomm Atheros AR BWB Wireless Netwo rk Adapter Physical Address F -B -E - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday May AM Lease Expires Tuesday May AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -FC-B - -E -B - -CB DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd cc ba f fef Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe cc ba f fef Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -FC-B - -E -B - -CB NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C WINDOWS system gt I very much appreciate any suggestions on how I can repair this issue Thanks in advance

A:Internet Connected but can not access anything that requires internet

Hi from Sevenforums,

Follow this to change the node from peer to peer to hybrid if you connect via a router.

How to Change Node Types With Regedit | eHow

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331995-internet-connected-but-can-not-access-anything-requires-internet.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a problem with my netgear wireless router. It shows that I am connected wireless but it also says I have no internet access. I have tried rebooting the router, modem and laptop but that does not helped.

Now I tried connecting using my local area network and it says my network adapter is unplugged. I thought the cable my be defective but it works when I try it with my work laptop. It worked a couple of day ago with my home laptop but now it doesn't work. I also tried a brand new cable but it doesn't work either.

So now not only can I not connect wirelessly but I also can't connect using local area network. HELP!

A:Wireless Connected - No Internet Access

Hi and welcome to TSF please look in device manager for any error flags yellow ! or red Xs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-connected-no-internet-access-492031.html
Relevancy 58.48%

When I try to connect to the internet I get this error message. C:\Program Files(X86)speedbrowser\Application\browser.exeThe application has failed to start because its side -by side configuration is incorrect.Please see the application event log for more detail.Where is the application event log? Thank you in advance!!!

A:Why am I unable to access the internet even though connected

" unable to go online to download them"1: You have to download from a good computer.2: Put them on a thumb drive.3: Copy & Paste them onto your desktop.message edited by Johnw

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/why-am-i-unable-to-access-the-internet-even-though-connected/13968.html
Relevancy 58.48%

For a week now I can't access the internet. Therefore can't download anti virus/malware programs as I suspect it might be infected. I have tried commands: netsh win winlock reset, int ipv4 reset reset log and int ip reset reset log.txt all come up with 'Access denied'. Can anybody help me. Thanks

A:Can't access a browser although connected to the internet

You say you suspect your system is infected. I've asked a moderator to move this thread to the "am i infected forum". Please wait for a malware specialist to respond.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530370/cant-access-a-browser-although-connected-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 58.48%

I hope someone can help - I am trying to clean up our babysitters computer that had many virus' and not virus protection. I have installed AVG 8.5 and cleaned up what it could since I can not update the software since I have no internet connectivity. I have also run a registry cleaner and looked over the HijackThis log. My wireless connection says it is connected and my other computers are connecting just fine. This is a Gatweay computer connecting to Qwest DSL and using a linksys wireless card. If anyone has any suggestions on what else I can do to fix the connection issue, that would be great. Thanks!

A:Wireless Connected but no internet access

IMO...any system that is highly infected...is likely to have key files damaged by either the malware or the removal attempts of malware.

A clean install would be the only solution that would ensure the integrity of the system.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/281541/wireless-connected-but-no-internet-access/
Relevancy 58.48%

A friend has asked me to fix his laptop amp I'm finding that I'm out of my depth This apparently started when his Trend Micro premium expired amp was uninstalled I don't know if this is part of the issue it seems that there are enough other potential reasons that I wouldn't place bets The Basics ASUS Notebook N SV Series Win Home Prem The problem The computer Access - Connected, No but 7 Windows Internet connects to the internet - I can ping Google Facebook etc but both Chrome amp IE will not access any site incl Google amp Facebook Tried different networks with the same results What I have tried I've uninstalled several suspicious toolbars programs etc Although uninstalled I downloaded amp ran the TrendMicro Diag kit to ensure it is truly Connected, but No Internet Access - Windows 7 uninstalled Freed up space on C from Gb to gb free Ran updated Windows updates successfully ipconfig insert your favorite command DNS release-reconnect winsockfix returns Registry Inport Information not Found and several other things that have faded from my short-term Malwarebytes - Installed but couldn't update def amp scanned - nothing found MSE - Updated amp scanned - nothing found Looking at other posts asking Connected, but No Internet Access - Windows 7 for help I've run these diagnosis programs Security Check Farbar Service Scanner MiniToolBox And here are the results Security Check Results of screen 's Security Check version Windows Service Pack x UAC is enabled Internet Explorer Antivirus Firewall Check span Windows Firewall Enabled Microsoft Security Essentials Antivirus up to date Anti-malware Other Utilities Check span Java Update Java version out of Date Adobe Flash Player Flash Player out of Date Google Chrome Google Chrome Process Check objlist exe by Laurent span Microsoft Security Essentials MSMpEng exe Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe System Health check span Total Fragmentation on Drive C End of Log span Farbar Service Scanner Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Owner administrator on - - at Running from F Fix Grant Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender DisableAntiSpyware DWORD Other Services File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dhcpcore dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers afd sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System mpssvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System bfe dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System vssvc exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wscsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wuaueng dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System qmgr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System es dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System cryptsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System ipnathlp dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows S... Read more

A:Connected, but No Internet Access - Windows 7

G'day PhantomRick and to BC.

Please run THIS

Instructions are on the download page

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544270/connected-but-no-internet-access-windows-7/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

Recently we had Comcast set-up there internet service at our condo.  Since then my laptop will not open any webpages on any of my browsers.  Chrome shows "This webpage is not available"; IE "This Page Cannot be Displayed" etc.  The other laptop we have connects fine and is viewing everything properly.  I have connected to multiple other wireless networks and the same thing happens every time.

This has been going on for a week already, and I finally had time to spend most of the day today trying to figure this out with no success... 

Random info that might help you, help me.  

OS is Windows 8
Machine is a newish Acer
Modem is an Arris t862
Direct ethernet connection works, WiFi is the problem
I uninstalled McAfee about the same time as we got the new ISP, not sure if that is relevant.     
Any help is appreciated!

A:Connected to Network; No Internet Access :(

to Bleeping Computer!  I uninstalled McAfee about the same time as we got the new ISP, not sure if that is relevant. Download SecurityCheck.exe from Here. Run SecurityCheck and follow the instruction from inside the code box.. When the scan is finished, a notepad will automatically open as check.txt   Please copy and paste the contents here on your next reply. Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504855/connected-to-network;-no-internet-access/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I hope someone can help me I have windows vista os on my laptop and I am conected to the wireless it sais that it has excelent signal but when I try to access the internet a messege pops up that sais that I am connected to wireles but have no internet acess here is my IPCONFIG ALL I hope someone can help Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All no connected wirless to access but internet rights reserved C Users marilyn gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name marilynpc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi connected to wirless but no internet access Adapter Physical Address - F- A- -B - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b d a c d c Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media connected to wirless but no internet access State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - E- - -B -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled connected to wirless but no internet access Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users marilyn gt nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I have a dell Inspriron running windows Vista home premium MB ram I tried to connected access can't but says internet? Network the connect wired and wireless and it shows that it is connected but I cannot access the internet can someone please help nothing that I try helps my main computer is win bit that s where the DSL modem and router are connected can someone walk me threw this process of getting this Dell computer connected When I click diagnose connection problems it says that quot go microsoft com quot is not set up to establish a connection on port World Wide Web service HTTP with this computer then underneath that it says verify the Network says connected but can't access the internet? current proxy server configuration this is where I need the help at can someone explain this to me Network says connected but can't access the internet? so that I can understand it better I cannot run updates to this computer becuase of this it will install one or two updates and the rest will fail installation with error code efd what does this mean I can t even update this computer the service pack Network says connected but can't access the internet? was installed today but there were other updates that didn t install No matter what I try it comes back to quot Internet explorer cannot display the webpage quot nbsp

A:Network says connected but can't access the internet?

get a command prompt and enter ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt

then copy the contents of myTCP.txt and paste into your follow-up ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-says-connected-but-cant-access-the-internet.154003/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am working on a computer that had a screen crawler virus and now won t connect to the internet Virus was ctfmonb I think The computer was left on all night playing downloading music Next day it wouldn t access the internet Virus is gone now but still won t access the internet Here s what I have done The laptop is a dell inspiron m ISP is Eaglecap net internet connection is just a cat cable to the hub which is connected to our wireless radio window xp home service pack The Internet Browsers in use are IE and Firefox When I plug in the cat cord it says it is connected but it won t go anywhere online All other computers on the same connection function normally Ping goes no where No conflicts or warnings in the Device Manager I Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults I typed netsh int internet through connected but access cat5 no ip reset reset log I Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults I typed netsh winsock reset catalog I Rebooted the machine quot ipconfig all quot only shows quot Windows IP Configuration quot and nothing else It just went back to a command prompt Looks bad I checked the device manager and still no warning symbols I checked the services Computer Browser DHCP Client DNS Client Network Connections Network Location Awareness Remote Procedure Call RPC Server TCP IP Netbios helper Workstation all are started What now why will the device manager see the hardware and say it is ok but nothing gets out of the laptop online is the registry corrupted Help if you can please thanks in advance nbsp

A:connected through cat5 but no internet access

Let's actually see the contents of the Network adapters section of Device Manager in a screen shot.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to TSG, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

I'd consider trying to rebuild using SFC: SFC Tutorial

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-through-cat5-but-no-internet-access.750235/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys Im just a novice looking to understand my problem My Dell Inspiron laptop has an internal wireless card but its weak So but connected comp. no says internet access! i installed a PCMCIA quot N quot card for better reception It helped comp. says connected but no internet access! some I then bought a USB connection type gismo with an external antenna I can see even more signals with it My neighbor gave me his password to access his wireless network After mant tries i only got a connection times I have a strong signal from him and my comp says im connected MPBS or slightly less sometimes But comp. says connected but no internet access! i still cant connect to the internet I dont know what modem he uses but has a Lyskss lt wrong spelling router Its from Bright House network Ive tinkered for many hours to no avail Can someone help a brother out please Thank you very much especially if it actually works lol ps I see other networks that are unsucured and it shows i can connect to them also but still no internet except for one that has disappeared recently nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I've already posted my DSS and highjackthis file here. It's been many days and i haven't gotten a reply. Everything is explained in that topic.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry848114

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152052/internet-connected-but-no-access-infection/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi about a week ago I started getting the problem where my laptop would connect to the network but there would be no internet access I tried many of the suggestions that I found online like flushing the dns and resetting the tcp ip but none of them but network, access Connected to no internet seemed to work The only thing that I have been able to get to work is doing a system restore to the day before it began to happen However the next day when i swich on my laptop again I have the same problem so I have to restore again Obviously doing a system restore everytime i want to use my laptop isn't ideal I can't figure out what is doing this At first I thought it was a windows update but I disabled all updates after one of my restores and it did not make any difference I also have mcafee installed and disabled anything within that that I thought could have been an issue As far as I can see I have not changed or installed anything after the system restores that would cause this problem to arise each time I start up my laptop Any help is very much appreciated edit Connected to network, but no internet access - Just thought I should point out that the wireless router I am trying to connect to works fine with everything else so it is definitely an issue with this laptop

A:Connected to network, but no internet access

Welcome to the Seven Forums!

Just as a test, please consider uninstalling mcafee and installing Microsoft Security Essentials in its place. Even if this does not fix the issue, maybe you could leave it in place for the duration of the troubleshooting. After you solve this connectivity problem, you can go back to mcafee if you must.

You mentioned that the problem happens again the next day:

1) Does it happen if you just reboot or does it have to be off over night?

2) Does it happen if you turn off the laptop, leave it off for 5 minutes and then turn it back on?

3) And what happens if you set the laptop to stay awake and left it on all weekend?

You might want to read this too:
http://www.ryanvictory.com/posts/aut...al-in-windows/

I might be away from the forums for a day or two - hopefully, another member will jump in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250206-connected-network-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys,

Bought my new Sony Vaio today that of course came with Windows 8. I have completed the setup and installed Norton 360 and Office and tried (unsuccessfully) to uninstall McAfee. Now when i boot up the computer the WI-FI connects (with a full, four bar connection) however, when i try and open IE or the store, I get a connection issue saying there is no internet access.

I am using the same Wi-fi network to post this on this forum, so it seems the issue must be on the Vaio side, what do you guys suggest?

A:WIFI Connected but no internet access

Duplicate Thread. Being assisted here.

Closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access-676075.html
Relevancy 58.48%

ALCON:

I ran combofix and to no avail I still can't browse the internet. Computer says I'm connected and there is no problem with the internet connection. However, when I launch IE or Mozilla no page can be displayed. What to do. Ran Symantec, AdAware, Spybot S&D, and PC Tools Reg Mech. Nothing seems to work. Vista SP2, 64x2 AMD Turion 2.2GHz, 32 bit OS, 2 G Ram.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298329/connected-to-internet-no-browser-access/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone Thank Is But Connected, Internet Access Computer No To you for your time in reading this My girlfriend has recently had a problem with her computer in that the computer shows that it has connectivity to the internet but none of the applications Computer Is Connected, But No Access To Internet can access the internet She is able to connect to other computers over LAN just fine and has no problems with that it s just reaching the internet that is the problem What has me stumped on this is how browsers are acting during this With most network related issues the browser will display some kind of error either that the page cannot be displayed or something But for both Firefox and Internet Explorer you can type in any URL ie www Google com and when you try to load that webpage the browser shows a loading bar for a split second then the URL is cleared from the address bar and it stays on a blank page It does the same with bookmarks links and everything else I have tried As I said applications have issues as well Guild Wars says it cannot connect to the server as does Steam and Origin I have cleaned her harddrive using Malware Bytes Anti-malware as well as using Comodo s Anti-Virus on both of our computers She did have a lot of malware but removing it didn t solve the issue Also I am unable to restore her computer to any earlier point because of an error that says something along the lines of quot Cannot restore file quot c recyclebin quot I could get the actual error tonight if that helps I appreciate any help that can be offered as I ve tried everything I can think of short of reformatting her HDD and reinstalling windows nbsp

A:Computer Is Connected, But No Access To Internet

If you can see other computers on the LAN, but not get to the internet, then the computer may not have a default gateway configured. Or has the wrong gateway configured.

Or, seeing as the computer had some malware, you may need to do a reset on Internet Explorer. Or install Firefox (if you download the install files on another computer and use a USB stick).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-is-connected-but-no-access-to-internet.1126445/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi My laptop is connected to the WIFI Router I have the right says WIFI, Access' but Internet Connected to 'No password and everything The internet is sometimes working normally but then sometimes it Connected to WIFI, but says 'No Internet Access' stops functioning properly The little ' bars' symbol has a small yellow triangle Connected to WIFI, but says 'No Internet Access' next to it Connected to WIFI, but says 'No Internet Access' and when I hover over it it say's my Network Name and then quot No Internet Acess quot What could this be Why And how can I fix this Thanks P S Just before one of you asks when I type ipconfig all into CMD this is what appears Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Garlotch gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Garlotch-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - -B -BE-CF-BE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR WB-EG Wireless Net work Adapter Physical Address -B -C -E - D-CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday May p m Lease Expires Tuesday June p m Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- -B - -A -BE-CB- E- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -B -C -E - D-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EA CA -C D - A A- -CC DAD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D C -D - F E-A -F E E B A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - F - -B CE- A CAB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Connected to WIFI, but says 'No Internet Access'

What happens if you try to use the normal dns and not googles, also try "ipconfig /flushdns". Also under network and sharing center click the red X and see if it just resets the network adapter and fixes it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/370026-connected-wifi-but-says-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi - to cannot access Connected but internet router I m having almost the the same problem as http forums techguy org networking -connected-but-no-internet-connection html but this time Connected to router but cannot access internet my modem router is properly connected to the internet I have Windows What happens is that after a while even if I m using the computer so it doesn t go to sleep or anything but perhaps if I haven t accessed the internet during this time I can no longer access the internet The WiFi or cable LAN indicator says that I am still connected - and the other computers in the house are all still connected and can access the internet - but when Connected to router but cannot access internet I try to access a web page or connect to my mail server I get a message quot cannot connect to the internet click here to diagnose the problem quot If I run the internet troubleshooting utility I either get No problems have been detected with your internet connection or Please reset your router and then click next to continue Obviously there is no need for because everyone else can access the internet - however I did try this just for completeness The TCP IP settings are all set to auto-detect I did try deleting and reinstalling the internet adaptor device which reset the configuration to the original default settings I tried setting the power setting to quot don t allow computer to switch off device quot I tried changing the laptop power settings I tried disconnecting and reconnecting from the internet switching between wireless and cable connectivity releasing renewing all the adaptors flushing the DNS using ipconfig but no use I also can t even connect to the router by the way so the problem is definitely a Windows or device or driver issue I have no viruses or malware so far as I can detect I scanned using Norton and BoostSpeed for any potential computer problems - On one occasion changing the power profile worked And I was able to continue accessing the internet But I ve never been able to do it again The only thing that works consistently is restarting the computer without having to restart the router Any ideas One thing that may be relevant is that this problem only occured after I returned from a trip to China where I had to manually enter alternative DNS Server addresses because the router in the hotel couldn t obtain any local DNS servers automatically It was only when I returned home and set the TCP IP configuration back to automatic that this problem above appeared It may be coincidence or I may have misconfigured something But I thought that deleted the network devices in device manager and reinstalling them on boot-up would make eliminate this as a potential cause to the problem Many thanks Gary nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I've been trying to troubleshoot this on my own for a day or two but to no avail My laptop with Intel wireless N- network card has been Access Internet Connected to no but Network failing to connect to the internet on a home network starting randomly days ago I've Connected to Network but no Internet Access looked through several forums and have tried Connected to Network but no Internet Access most of the suggested solutions to no avail My mobile devices iPad and android phone Connected to Network but no Internet Access are able to connect fine just not the laptop in addition my laptop has no trouble connecting any other network Solutions attempted TCP IP Reset netsh int ip reset resetlog txt along with winsock reset on elevated CMD Disabling IPv Triple-checking that both IPv and are set to automatically retrieve IP DNS Triple-checking that DCHP client service is active Disabling all Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapters System Restore to days ago Manually setting DNS server to Turning off on router for minutes Disabling firewall Security Essentials scan Uninstall reinstalling the network card driver Not the McAfee fix as I never installed it on my computer Flush register DNS then ipconfig release renew on elevated CMD which is stuck at release with An error occurred while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface The system cannot find the file specified error I am really stuck and out of ideas Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

A:Connected to Network but no Internet Access

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501263/connected-to-network-but-no-internet-access/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there I have searched through many forums and taken more steps than I can count to try and resolve this issue I have to computers connected to the same wireless network and one will not access the internet This has been an intermittent problem and has usually been resolved by removing the USB Wireless Adapter and then plugging it back in Not working now I have check DNS and IP settings and all are correct based on other forums I Connected Internet No Access Wirelessly have read Drivers are all up to date Ipconfig info is below Please help Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dogs-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List charterinternet com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix charterinternet com Description Linksys AE Physical Address -AA- Connected Wirelessly No Internet Access B-FC- -BA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe caf d dbec b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday April PM Lease Expires Wednesday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -A -D - - - - D- C-E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address - - - D- C-E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap charterinternet com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix charterinternet com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Connected Wirelessly No Internet Access

Hiya pal and welcome to the forums.
For testing purposes try using a fixed ip address of

IP = 192.168.44.7
subnet = 255.255.255.0
Gateway = 192.168.44.1
DNS = 192.168.44.1

Report back on the results you get

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/285895-connected-wirelessly-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Wind stream is of no assistance, checked phone line, no dial tone(DSL purposes only), power cycled net gear modem & router a dozen times. Restore computer just in case something was changed inadvertently. Was on Internet one minute & nothing the next.

I don't know what else to check

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windstream-connected-but-no-internet-access.1156208/
Relevancy 58.48%

The title says it all really, my Dell inspiron 1525 laptop is connected to my wireless but hasnt been able to access internet.

I have seen many cases similar to mine, where people have been able to connect to the network, through either wireless or LAN cable but the internet doesnt work. However, i have not come across a single definite solution to this issue.

I have tried all the possible solutions that i came across various forums but none of them have seemed to work. Iam currently using my other laptop which works fine.

I would really appreciate some help regarding this matter since this forum showed most promise.

Thanks
Naz

Relevancy 58.48%

when i connect wifi then it is connected but displays that no internet access aand display selected symbol on the courage symbol on taskbar,,,

Relevancy 58.48%

Windows Vista.
Connected to a wireless network which is using a PC plus Router modem.
Seperate laptop will not go onto the Internet please help.
Ray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-but-no-internet-access.797980/
Relevancy 58.48%

my one month old laptop (windows 7) suddenly lost touch with my home network. one minute it was fine the next it wasn't. message says it's connected with no internet access, butwhen I try to print I get nothing. I suspect it's just not connected at all.

A:connected to network but no internet access

Hi Thoran35, welcome to sevenforums. Can you connect to your routers setup page? Normally the address is something like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1..something like that. It should be available in the manufacturers manual.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174611-connected-network-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey there I'm running windows bit and I'm no to access? but internet network Connected having a strange internet Connected to network but no internet access? issue This has happened to me before and I've only been able to solve by doing a system restore but I figure there has got to be a much better way to solve this problem In the Connected to network but no internet access? bottom right hand corner beside the clock there is a little icon that resembles a little monitor I'm no brilliant tech person so a lot of this is going to sound stupid probably right now it shows a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it When I hover over it with my mouse it says Network Connected and then No Internet Access This is where it gets strange I am able to connect to pretty much any website when I open my browser Now I like to play online games and I recently got BF And as some of you may know you need to go through quot Origin quot in order to play it Well when I connect to the Origin quot library quot it tells me I'm offline and basically tells me I won't be able to play multiplayer But as I said earlier I am able to access the internet for the most part This issue has been happening well before I got BF too So I've done everything I can possibly think of I've emptied my cache cookies etc I have also done the quot IPCONFIG ALL quot thing Rebooted the modem and the computer done any system updates I have also turned my firewall off briefly and tried that It only seems to work when I do a System Restore and I really don't want to be doing that every time I have this problem I have troubleshooted it as well I hope someone has an answer to this problem for me This problem has really started to annoy me Thanks Tarryl

A:Connected to network but no internet access?

Welcome to Seven Forums Terryl!

There are no stupid questions here! I'm wondering if you might be having a problem with your driver.

If you open the start menu by clicking the button and type "device manager" without the quotation marks then press enter, the Device Manager window should open and a list of object categories should be displayed in a list. Look through the list to be sure none have red X's or Yellow Triangles over their icon. It would likely be under the heading Network Adapters. Please include in your reply anything marked with one of these symbols.

Do you have a Petty good idea of when it started occurring (the most recent time, NOT before the restore point you used)?

You also say that :

Quote:
I am able to connect to pretty much any website when I open my browser.

Can you clarify the Pretty much part? Does it seem to be working like normal or is there a definite change where it intermittently does not connect "More Than Usual?"

Thanks,
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200789-connected-network-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.48%

After using the Windows quot refresh my PC quot option I've been running into some problems with my network This desktop is connected directly to yet connected Internet, network to Able is no access the router with an ethernet cable and I can access the internet I'm posting from it ping other computers on the LAN and connect shared files and printers if I type in the paths manually Able to access Internet, yet no network is connected but Windows keeps believing that it isn't connected to a Able to access Internet, yet no network is connected network The computer is not part of a domain and the workgroup is the same for all computers on the network the default quot WORKGROUP quot -- Windows IP Configuration Host Name Charleston Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -BF- - E-F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fd e b f d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday July Lease Expires Tuesday July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - -BF- - E-F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes -- Nothing seems out of the ordinary in any settings and it's even weirder that internet access is fine What am I doing wrong

A:Able to access Internet, yet no network is connected

Try going down the list in the link below, follow the steps to connect to your network.

Troubleshooting Wired Home Networks (Windows 8) | HP? Support

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28200-able-access-internet-yet-no-network-connected.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I am really hoping someone can help a complete technophobe!

Current set up all worked fine for years (wireless Netgear router, ISP AOL ) until I changed my phone provider to AOL last week. On the day of the switch I lost my internet and have not had it since.

Countless calls to AOL, line checks done and all showing as clear. Technician out today and no internal
faults found.

The internet light on the router is flashing orange, occassionally turning green but not holding. Router problems have been ruled out. Laptop shows communication with router but there is no internet access.

This can not be a coincidence, I am sure something has gone wrong on the day of the switch since that is when the problem started.

I am in really close range of the exchange and technician said I have good conectivity and wondered if there was a conflict issue somewhere.

Any suggestions.

Relevancy 58.48%

hey guys i'm new here so please help

my desktop is running windows 7 home premium 64 bit and just recently it doesnt have anymore internet access. its connected via cable to LAN. it says that i'm connect to Local Area Network but no internet access.
i thought it was a faulty network card so i bought a wireless USB TP-Link. i set up everything correctly according to the steps (install the driver etc.) and it says i'm connected to my home wifi network. but when i try to access google or facebook or twitter or any other webpage on my internet browser (google chrome), it says the webpage is not available.

please help as i desperately need to use my desktop for work purposes and cant cope with my laptop alone.

thanks

A:Connected to network but no internet access

Hello and Welcome to Seven Forums,

Have you tried unplugging the network cable from the router's ethernet port then move it to another one?

Can you post an ipconfig /all output for review?

Also, try running the Network Troubleshooter tool from your Windows 7 computer.
Using the Network troubleshooter in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250075-connected-network-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,
Here and about a month i have a problem with my internet connection.I use a modem with wifi support and all this years(2) my hp 620 laptop with windows 7 home premium x64 connect successfully , but now after a couple of minutes my network(wifi) icon shows me that i'm fine connected in the internet but when i'm trying to go for example to google with deferrent browsers(Mozilla,Chrome,Internet Explorer,Opera) it just not connecting.
I'vw try many fixes(install,reinstall driver , even i called tech support for my modem and they do not do anything).What can i do?
Sorry for my bad english,i'm from Greece and i'm still practising XD

A:Wifi Connected but cannot access in Internet

Need more info:

> What is the model of the modem?
> If it is a driver issue it should show up in device manager with a "yellow triangle and a black exclamation mark" - is this what you have?
> Have you installed any new hardware or driver related software around the time the problem occurred?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/302338-wifi-connected-but-cannot-access-internet.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hi

i have connected 2 computers to share internet connection

at first day the network says connected and i can use the internet

but second day it says connected but i cant use internet it says page cant be displayed :S

is it because of firewall or anti virus?

because there was no anti virus first but i have download it after i saw the internet is working on the other PC

so should i remove the anti virus ?

( i use Nod Smart security )

thnx

A:Network says connected but cant access internet on the other PC

Remove all firewalls, and security. Let it then use the regular Windows firewall. Than add back in your security.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-says-connected-but-cant-access-internet-on-the-other-pc.105857/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All

I have recently upgraded my desktop from xp to win7. Everything is fine and i love the new windows but unfortunately i am having problems connecting to the Internet. I can connect to the network through wireless no problem but it says that there is no internet access.
I have one other laptop (wireless)and desktop (wired) which both run xp and both can connect fine with no problems.

Can anyone help?

I have attached a small screen shot to help

thanks

A:Connected to network but no internet access

Welcome to 7F,

Try removing your wireless network profiles stored by following this guide. Reconnect again to your own SSID (wireless network) and make sure to enter the correct network encryption key. Here's a more detail guide.
Easy Way to Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 7

Please disable any Firewall or Security Software for now.

Please post an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/131617-connected-network-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a desktop that I'm trying to wirlessly connect to the interenet. I have "connected to access point" but can't get on the internet??

A:access point connected, can't get on internet

can you supply some more info
Make model of PC
router

also would you post an ipconfig /all here please

ipconfig /all

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-point-connected-cant-get-on-internet.758468/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an HP laptop running Windows Vista. I am using IE 8. When I try to get on the internet, I get the following message:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the web page"

I am using a 2Wire Wireless Router. I am able to ping other web addresses. I have ran various virus programs and I am still not able to connect to the net. My browser keeps redirecting me to the following:

http://ie.redirect.hp.com

HELP!!!

A:I'm connected to my router but still can't access the internet

did u install IE8 yourself or did windows update install it?
did ur internet use to work before?
and plz check that your internet is working by trying to browse the internet through another PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-connected-to-my-router-but-still-cant-access-the-internet.133754/
Relevancy 58.48%

Happy Holidays

i am running a dell dimension 8200, 768MB ram, 2.0Gig pent4, IP is comcast cable, RCA digital cabe modem, linksys wireless router wrt54gs, NIC is realtek RTL8139 pci fast ethernet.

i had to move some furniture so i unplugged everything. previously connected was the dell desktop (wired) , a compaq presario laptop (wireless), & a dell laptop (wireless). when i plugged everything back in, i lost internet connection (is now working thru cable modem only). i reset the router back to factory settings, followed instructions, no connection. tried everything (repair connection, etc), scoured forum for info, no luck; can't figure it out. attached is copy of ip config /all. hope you can find an answer . thank you very much.

Relevancy 58.48%

We have a wireless connection going on. The signal strength is excellent; however, we are unable to gain access to the Internet on my husband's laptop (even though it says that the "Wireless Network Connection is Now Connected"). My laptop is also connected to the same network, and it works just fine. Can anyone help me on this?

A:Wireless Connected - but NO Internet Access

If the problem computer has a Windows OS please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connected-but-no-internet-access.868359/
Relevancy 58.48%

i have hp laptop with win7 64bit and i get the access to the internet through a tp-link router
2 days ago i connected the pc to the router by wirless network it connected but no internet access i tried the LAN cable also no internet access and i don't think that the problem is from the router because i can access the internet from another device such as my iphone or any other laptop
i PLEASE i need some help !!!!!

A:connected to the network but NO internet access

Can you see the Local network?.

Do you get an ip address from the Router?.
Open command prompt, (click start, Type cmd in the search box and press enter)
then type ipconfig and press enter. Scroll up, Let me know what is says your IP address is, along with Default Gateway.

DOes the Network card show "limited Or no connectivity"?.
Did you type the security code correctly?.
Last but not least, What is your wireless routers Encryption set to? WPA? etc etc.

Let me know the above information, this will help diagnosie whats wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/276498-connected-network-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have home network with two PCs, one running win 7 and the other running win xp, we share files and so forth normal network stuff and also the same modem, but recently the Pc running win 7 wont connect to the internet while there is internet access on the win xp,normally I would just disable the LAN adapter and it would work nut after we shut down it comes back with the same problem and upon disabling it doesn't work anymore.

A:Network connected but no Internet access

What type of network adapter do you have in the Windows 7 PC?

(Brand, etc.)

~Alex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connected-but-no-internet-access.185729/