Windows Support Forum

Limited wifi acces at home, but not at other places

Q: Limited wifi acces at home, but not at other places

jobeard Hi jobeard In the beginning of the month you seemed to have solved this issue http www techspot com community topics internet-connection-through-ethernet-but-not-wifi You or someone else might be a great help for me as well since I have a similar issue At home I don t have access to wifi it says limited access although the internet is working fine by an ethernet cable at home In addition I do have access to wifi at work or in public places like a hotel I have already browsed the web but I still cannot figure it out An TCP wifi Limited but at home, other acces not places at IP Limited wifi acces at home, but not at other places reset did not work the drivers of my wifi adapter Limited wifi acces at home, but not at other places should be fine My system information - HP Elitebook - Windows Enterprise Edition bit - wifi router DrayTek Vigor AP this device acts as an access point that broadcasts wifi it is not the actual modem If you have any advice for me please let me know it is strange that I only have this wifi probem Is it maybe because there is an homegroup actually I don t know whether there is one Is it maybe because of the AV program I have McAffee but since it this the laptop from work I can t uninstall it I really don t know anymore I have included files with the output of the commands IPCONFIG ALL and ROUTE PRINT Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Limited wifi acces at home, but not at other places

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Limited wifi acces at home, but not at other places

Hello maarten747 ,

As far as I can see from the ipconfig output your laptop doesn't seem to obtain IP address.
You could try configuring one manually to test this theory. Something like: IP address 192.168.1.128, Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 192.168.1.1, DNS1: 192.168.1.1, DNS2: 8.8.8.8 . Just keep in mind that the details listed here are just a guess as I'm not fully aware of the specifics of your home network and a static IP configuration for the wifi adapter is not a good idea actually, so once done testing change it back to obtain IP address automatically.

Also in what wireless operation mode is your DrayTek configured?
Do you have any other wireless devices that are connecting to the same DrayTek ?
When you connect your laptop with ethernet cable, is the ethernet cable connected to the same DrayTek or a different device?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-wifi-acces-at-home-but-not-at-other-places.205603/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi,

Ive got an Asus K55VD, with an Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter and a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (not sure if the last one is of any importance).
The problem is that I keep losing my acces to the internet, although the connection with the router seems to be fine. A Yellow Exclamation point will show up, and under the SSID it will say Limited Acces. It is very annoying as it happens almost every five minutes. I've tried alot of things to fix this, such as unticking the Power Saving option and disableing the connection IPv6.

I hope to get some suggestions which would hopefully lead to a sollution.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Leonard

A:Limited Acces, Connection is good, but no Internet acces.

Following this thread will help give us some more information as to what the possible cause is - Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

Does it happen to any other devices on the network? Do the lights on the router change more importantly does the internet light on the router change at all?

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303983-limited-acces-connection-good-but-no-internet-acces.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Alright, hello everyone, here is the problem. I have a w8 laptop, it was working fine for 2 years with the same wifi and stuff, but one day network from wifi started to dissapear, then appear until it started to show limited. The problem is, it is showing limited only for mine laptop, everyones other devices are working. Second thing - limited wifi shows only for my home network, all other wifi are working. I tried to reset TCP and all DNS, did factory resets, but nothing helps. :/

A:Home WIFI limited, all other working.

Welcome to the forum. Please download our test right click and choose run as admin and post results www.crewetown.co.uk/wireless.exe

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/130140-home-wifi-limited-all-other-working.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

so I came home from college for break and my laptop connected fine to my house WiFi on Thursday but starting last night (I didn't use it on Friday or Saturday) my laptop has "limited access" to my house WiFi. No internet access at all.

I went to Starbuck's earlier and it connected without any issues. My brother claims that it's my college's (unprotected) WiFi that changed my settings so it won't let me connect to the protected house WiFi but it worked fine with the house WiFi on Thursday night.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

A:Limited access to home wifi

Try removing that Wi-Fi connection, reboot, then let PC try to reestablish the connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/202310-limited-access-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a laptop I use for work and connect to a hotspot with it, when I came home to connect to my house network router I am able but it comes up limited so there in no interent contection,,,.. How to I change it so I get the interent on with my house wifi?

A:Connecting to home wifi network limited

Call your Help Desk. My wife's does that, until she goes in and disable the Proxy in Internet Properties in Control Panel. Just remember to turn back on.

The first time she brought it home, because they replaced her older unit. IT had made a Fat Finger mistake in the VPN connection.

So when she tried to get on our home WiFi, it did the same as yours. Plus her work a GPO, to restrict her from using any LAN or WiFi connection, but the company's.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/66520-connecting-home-wifi-network-limited.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I'mtrying to connect my sons desktop to our exisiting home wireless and the network is not assigning a network address so I am unable to connect to the internet. Can you help?

THis is a new computer I have built and this is the final piece I am trying to setup. New install of WIn XP Pro. I have two other PCs in the house that currently use wifi with no problems; a laptop and my own desktop, both pcs are using the same Linksys network cards and connecting to a linksys router. Cable modem hookup is through comcast.

Thanks

Relevancy 70.09%

Hello all!My laptop Wi-Fi has recently stopped connecting to my home Wi-Fi, it always is in a perpetual state of limited. It can connect to other networks, but not the home network. Our cellphones and other computers/devices all can still connect to the home network. I have tried reset Tc settings and winsock. I also disabled and uninstalled my Wi-Fi drivers. I unplugged the router. Literally all of the fixes on the internet and support websites have failed. I even went as far as to totally reboot my laptop back to factory settings and it still will not connect to my home Wi-Fi. Does anyone have any other ideas??

A:Home Wifi connectivity is always in limited status, will con...

Hey @mickmart1121, I understand you are having you're having some trouble connecting your notebook to WiFi and I would like to help. Here is a list of steps that commonly resolve issues with wireless connectivity. First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here: Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection A second option, is to try these steps:Power cycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an Ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the drop-down in the upper-right corner of the document. The above steps are brought to you by @Great-Deku-Tree Hope this helps. If it does, please hit the Thumbs Up and Accept as Solution. Cheers,TechSurge.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Home-Wifi-connectivity-is-always-in-limited-status-will/td-p/5652610
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I would really appreciate some help on this I have looked EVERYWHERE even these forums and every topic i find has many ideas but none seem to work Of course I will try them all again if needed and recommended Anyway here is what it is I have very inconsistent access to the internet through my main computer I had added new computer to the network a long time ago and they both worked fine for a long time When i added a third however this problem began Im not sure if that is the cause becuase it hasnt even been connected to the network for the majority of the time ive had the problem its been in a corner because of monitor issues Sometimes the internet works not on main comp now other tiems it doesnt when it does it seems slower than it should I can t see any network places of other computers from 3 internet believe) (one Clearing Network places acces, issues I problem NetBT, main comp and repairing the connection gives the problem Clearing NetBT, Network places internet acces, (one problem 3 issues I believe) task can t be completed clearing NetBT Other computer does not have this problem at all and has Clearing NetBT, Network places internet acces, (one problem 3 issues I believe) reliable internet access and can see network places I have tried alot of things would be happy for help please EDIT All comps on XP Can t ping other machines Networked through router Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Clearing NetBT, Network places internet acces, (one problem 3 issues I believe)

Is the router assigning IP's? You say you can't ping other machines, can you ping the router? If you can ping the router, and if the router is providing IP's, open a command prompt at each machine and type "ipconfig /release & ipconfig /flushdns & ipconfig /registerdns & ipconfig /renew".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clearing-netbt-network-places-internet-acces-one-problem-3-issues-i-believe.556723/
Relevancy 65.79%

Ok i am on a Toshiba Tecra A running Winows Vista Business The problem I am having has me baffled It happens no matter what network I try to connect to Wether it be home work or others I can connect to websites but have some problems I cannot ping anything I get a general failure when I try this I have other computers on my home network running vista and none of them have any problems I have tried everything to no avail Any Ideas Windows IP Configuration Host acces Limited Name LARRY Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix near uiuc edu Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -DE- - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO PL Network Connection Physical Address - -D - A-BE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe db b b b e bb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday Limited acces September AM Lease Expires Thursday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D D - B - B- E -DBE A br AF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e cbd b d f fe Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe cbd b d f fe Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B FB FC-B C- F-AE - B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CA D E A-F C - DB-ABD -B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap near uiuc edu Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Limited acces

Ok using the resets and such i am now able to ping yahoo and other sites. but am still limited to local access only. any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-acces.619940/
Relevancy 64.93%

hello there i have a same problem with my wifi and dont know what to do at the moment using a usb broadband but my wireless should be working but still keep saying limited acces even when i connect by cable it say the same can somebody pls help me Media State Media wireless limited acces disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft wireless limited acces to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description wireless limited acces Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F B - - -A B -DE B br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F B - - -A B -DE B br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F B - - -A B -DE B br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F B - - -A B -DE B br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F B - - -A B -DE B br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F B - - -A B -DE B br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific ... Read more

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I'm at my home and I'm connected with both WiFi and a LAN cable running out of the wall connected to a switch The WiFi connection runs fine LAN acces connection limited everything up and running However my LAN connection often not always but most of the time tells me 'limited access' When I run ipconfig everything seems fine same default gateway dns subnet mask etc still I have no working connection I have also noticed that sometimes the settings for the LAN connection limited acces LAN adapter are completely different for example the IPv address started with or something instead of the usual However the connection says 'limited access' in both situations I have disabled and re-enabled the adapter which fixes the issue for a minute then it goes back to that weird error A sidenote My WiFi comes from an access point LAN connection limited acces which is also connected to the same LAN connection limited acces switch witha cable behind the wall which I find the odd part of all this I have included an ipconfig all below Thanks for any help Windows IP Configuration Host Name Serge-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List telenet be Wireless LAN adapter LAN-verbinding Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter Physical Address A- A-B - D- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter LAN-verbinding Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address A- A-B - D- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address C- -A - -A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a a f e e ad e d P referred Temporary IPv Address a a f d e fd b P referred Link-local IPv Address fe e e ad e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained zondag oktober Lease Expires zondag oktober Default Gateway fe e bff fe e DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - - - C- -A - -A - DNS Servers a a NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List telenet be Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Qualcomm Atheros AR BWB Wireless Netwo rk Adapter Physical Address - A-B - D- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a a f b db d a da P referred Temporary IPv Address a a f d P referred Link-local IPv Address fe b db d a da Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained zondag oktober Lease Expires zondag oktober Default Gateway fe e bff fe e DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - - - C- -A - -A - DNS Servers a a NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List telenet be Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab ce f d b a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ce f d b a Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - - - C- -A - -A - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled

A:LAN connection limited acces

I have always found it easier to reserve IP addresses on the router itself. You should have two IP reserved for your unit. 1 for Wi-Fi and one for LAN. It has never occurred to me to try to run both Wi-Fi and LAN at the same time there may be some issues with that? Read the router manual to see how these IP are reserved.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55725-lan-connection-limited-acces.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I just got a new laptop, its the toshiba satellite a665 model. When I try to connect to my home network, the connection fails and it gives me limited connectivity, or limited access. I've tried reinstalling my wireless network driver. I've tried power cycling. I've tried turning the firewall off. I've tried restoring the computer to factory defaults. Nothing is working, not even geek squad, or toshiba tech support could help. Does anyone have a solution?

A:New laptop, unidentified network and limited acces!

Can anybody help me on this, I've found a problem and I think this may be the solution, if I can update my wireless driver and use the vista driver to update it with that might solve it. How do I do this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103845-new-laptop-unidentified-network-limited-acces.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello!
I have huge problem.
Today due to some changes I wanted to change my users folder name. That was my main user with administrator power. For some reasone I couldnt acces pc settings. They just crashed to start. Then through computer managment added a simple user without any admin right, wich I am using right now.
Then for some stupid unknown reasone I disabled my main account. Now I can only use this limited user.
I cant boot in safe mode.. If I want to do something I have to type admin password and then click yes.
But I dont know it. Is there any way to enable my main account so I can make this with administrator options?
This is driving me crazy!

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/23304-limited-user-cant-acces-safe-mode-urgent.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Well first thin was i couldn t get office live update to install and then next problem day ltr I was trying to get some songs off my friends iPod ant it wouldn t let me so i went to see if there was any up dates and there was so i made sure they were compatible and i installed them and then it still wouldn t work so i just went to the int and downloaded some while doing so i installed a flash player and Codec have Complete acces system limited my I to files. disaster! Pack - All In cause my wynamp and windows media player wouldn t play some of them and so forth now i have two net frameworks and Complete disaster! I have limited acces to my system files. programs hang stop and shut down unexpectedly But just so you know my sons dad was on the comp off and on for days and only god knows Complete disaster! I have limited acces to my system files. what he downloaded he thinks he knows his stuff And although this isn t all I hope this will help you understand I am worried about a Trojan downloader or virus last week I had one get blocked by mcafee I also haven t been able to locate drivers or completely uninstall things or open half of my files Oh and i have limited administrative access and Complete disaster! I have limited acces to my system files. i am the main user To anyone that reads this i am hoping you might be able to help me any and all suggestions are welcome nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi!
I've bought an Asus Q500a with Windows 8 64 bit. I have some problem with my WiFi network conection at home.
I can connect to other network, in other locations like mall, shops, but not at home.
The router is not mine , is not in my house and i can not acces it. I know only the password. The security .No authetification', encryption is WEP. In my house are another 2 PC with windows Vista and Win 7 and they are connected with no problems to the router.
On Win 8 i have the messsage 'No connectivity or limited connectivity'.
I spent a lot of time reading forum and trying solutions, but no change.
The WIFI driver is up to date. I've atached some priint screen with my WIFI status and details.
Please help me to solve my issue.
Thank you!

A:Wifi no network acces

Win8 computers sometimes don't play well with WEP. If that's the problem, then you are stuck. You could try "Troubleshoot problems" at Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center. And, you could try "Diagnose" at Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings > right click the appropriate connection.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/18890-wifi-no-network-acces.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Coming this July I will be buying a PS Vita w/ Wifi, and I have seen many deals, and many prices fluctuate, and if anyone knows a good, cheap places to get one, can you pass the information on to this forum thread so myself and many others can use the information,

Thank you!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-places-to-buy-a-ps-vita-wifi.182372/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello everyone This is up specific please... WiFi places in Help acting my first time posting here I m sorry if this is somehow in the wrong category please let Help please... WiFi acting up in specific places me know Anyways I figured I would post my issue on here before trying to take it into a repair shop This is my problem Basically my wifi works perfectly fine everywhere except for at my mom s house and at my apartment My wifi was fine last year at my apartment however we switched routers this year and ever since it s been acting up the same way it does at my mom s house What happens is every once in a while sometimes it s every hour or so sometimes if it s really acting up it s like every minutes my connection gets messed up most of the time I get that little yellow exclamation point by my wifi icon but sometimes I don t get any indication of it other than my web page not loading It s Help please... WiFi acting up in specific places a quick fix-- all I have to do is turn my wifi not my router off and on again and my wifi will work again however it s really really annoying to have to do this all the time especially since we got a nicer router this year Since this problem started up for me again once we got a new router I am inclined to believe it is something to do with the router however my roommates don t encounter this issue so it must be something to do with my laptop itself I am not tech savvy at all if you couldn t tell so I m really hoping one of you could help me out and let me know what might be wrong I updated to Windows today in hopes that maybe that would solve the issue but to no avail If you guys need any specifications on my laptop or router please let me know I m not sure what info I am supposed to provide like I said I m new to this Any help would be appreciated Thank youuuuu nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-wifi-acting-up-in-specific-places.1154759/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I can not get any internet running through my laptop, I have checked the hosts file, checked proxys, auto obtain ip address, and nothing is working... This is only a new problem, and have used both ways connecting to the Internet within the last week.
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 56.76%

Sometimes when I'm using the internet, most frequently when I'm using a lot of resources, ie torrenting large files, my wifi will stop working, and eventually go limited. This is always fixed by turning my wifi off and on. I've updated all my network card drivers and have disabled the power management option that allows my computer to turn off the adapter, what other solutions are there to this problem? Adapter is a ralink rt3290 and I think it might be a problem with this adapter specifically, if anybody could help me here that would be awesome

A:Wifi keeps going limited, fixed by turning wifi off and on

That is usually caused by a router, or failing networking adapter.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65829-wifi-keeps-going-limited-fixed-turning-wifi-off.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Sometimes when I'm using the internet, most frequently when I'm using a lot of resources, ie torrenting large files, my wifi will stop working, and eventually go limited. This is always fixed by turning my wifi off and on. I've updated all my network card drivers and have disabled the power management option that allows my computer to turn off the adapter, what other solutions are there to this problem? Adapter is a ralink rt3290 and I think it might be a problem with this adapter specifically, if anybody could help me here that would be awesome

A:Wifi keeps going limited, fixed by turning wifi off and on

Tried to help someone here awhile back with that same adapter, don't know if they ever got it working. A search yields all kinds of problems with it. About all I can say is try different drivers, older, newer, whatever you can find.

EDIT: Look here at method #3: HP Envy Ralink RT3290 WiFi Problems, Looses Connection Drop FIX

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/66932-wifi-keeps-going-limited-fixed-turning-wifi-off.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am trying to set up a home network that was previoulsy working fine until I added a new computer to it. Now it says I cannot access one computer becasue I dont have access rights. I am listed as administrator on every computer. Sometimes I can see one computer but never can I see all three. I have three computers all using XP and a Belkin Wireless router. 2 are wired and the third which is rarely used can go wireless as well. It is the new desktop that is casuing the problems. Does anyone have a clue why I am not allowed to set this network up and access my own computer?

Relevancy 56.76%

i had win xp Home edition on my main hdd.. then i came up with the stupid idea to repair windows... after i had done that windows didn't start anymore..
so i installed windows on another hdd and then i sat the hdd with broken windows as slave and started it up so that i could access all my files before formating the hdd...
but i could only access the files from 3 out of 4 users, one of the users i could access where password-protected and so was mine.. but i couldnīt access the personal files from my old user... how can i access the files from my old user-account??

Relevancy 56.33%

i am having troubles with my connection since yesterday... the only thing different that i did was update zonealarm... i run a linksys wireless router and my other pc's are connected wireless and wired but mine won't, i tried scanning for virus,trojans,spyware... i looked for problem with registry keys even unistall and install zonealarm changed cables unistall and install my lan card drivers.. even dl and use a free software that promess to fix my kind of problem "Ispfix"... i also tried unistalling the Winsock and Winsock 2 and reinstalling again and nothing, of course i restore router defaults,restart modem,tried to renew ip adress from cdm

A:help i can't acces my network "limited or not connectivity" msg appears instead

Try a static address in your network. Then try pinging your way out. Start with the 127.0.0.1 address then the computer address you assigned and then the gateway. Make sure it is an address that is in your network. If this dosn't work try reinstalling your tcp/ip stack. Especially if you can't ping the 127.0.0.1 address

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-i-cant-acces-my-network-limited-or-not-connectivity-msg-appears-instead.51421/
Relevancy 55.9%

Please refer to previous posts at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498915/used-public-wifi-lots-and-lots-of-problems-now-newbie-needs-help/ . I have been directed to continue my posting in this new forum after running dds.com .

A:Trying to remove unknown malware after using laptop in public Wifi places.

Here is the dds.txt info ---

Internet Explorer: 10.0.9200.16611  BrowserJavaVersion: 10.25.2
Run by elizabeth at 11:47:06 on 2013-06-27
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional   6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.3518.2516 [GMT -4:00]
AV: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {3F839487-C7A2-C958-E30C-E2825BA31FB5}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {84E27563-E198-C6D6-D9BC-D9F020245508}
============== Running Processes ================
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\MsMpEng.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvxdsync.exe
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\WUDFHost.exe
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\NisSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Update Core\daemonu.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuschd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvtray.exe
C:\Users\elizabeth\AppData\Roaming\mjusbsp\magicJack.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_11_7_700_224.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_11_7_700_224.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServicePeerNet
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com
BHO: Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper: {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - c:\program files\java\jre7\bin\ssv.dll
BHO: {878B8524-AED5-4870-9A96-A515440DAC75} - <orphaned>
BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - c:\program files\java\jre7\bin\jp2ssv.dll
EB: <No Name>: {555D4D79-4BD2-4094-A395-CFC534424A05} - LocalServer32 - <no file>
EB: <No Name>: {555D4D79-4BD2-4094-A395-CFC534424A05} - LocalServer32 - <no file>
uRun: [cdloader] "c:\users\elizabeth\appdata\roaming\mjusbsp\cdloader2.exe" MAGICJACK
mRun: [HP Software Update] c:\program files\hp\hp software update\HPWuSchd2.exe
mRun: [Search Protection] c:\programdata\search protection\SearchProtection.exe
mRun: [MSC] "c:\program files\microsoft security client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\common files\java\java update\jusched.exe"
dRunOnce: [SPReview] "c:\windows\system32\spreview\SPReview.exe" /sp:1 /errorfwlink:"http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=122915" /build:7601
uPolicies-Explorer: NoDriveTypeAutoRun = dword:145
mPolicies-System: ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin = dword:5
mPolicies-System: ConsentPromptBehaviorUser = dword:3
mPolicies-System: EnableUIADesktopToggle = dword:0
INFO: HKCU has more than 50 listed domains.
If you wish to scan all of them, select the 'Force scan all domains' option.
DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} - hxxp://utilities.pcpitstop.com/Nirvana/controls/pcmatic.cab
DPF: {6824D897-F7E1-4E41-B84B-B1D3FA4BF1BD} - hxxp://u... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499346/trying-to-remove-unknown-malware-after-using-laptop-in-public-wifi-places/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello hi, this is sandeep.
I need your help regarding my pc accessing anywhere from world.what are the tips and step to be flowed in order to access my home system from anywhere else kindy tell the tips in very understandable way since i'm new techie . And tell me how to invoke system from sleep in Lan and Wan. Very easy steps youtell me. Thank you

Relevancy 55.04%

I can connect to my home wireless on it now and the last time I was at Chick-Fil-A near home I could connect But yesterday I was out of town and was trying to connect to an Open Network and got the quot Connected quot but Limited No Connectivity message So - Limited/no - not WiFi on but wifi's? all connectivity I went to a nearby Chick-Fil-A but couldn t connect there either I am so confused I will try the Winsock resets etc But if anyone sees or knows what s going on please let me know I have an event back down there tomorrow and REALLY need to get on the network there Here s my stuff but like I said I can connect to my home WiFi - Limited/no connectivity - but not on all wifi's? wireless OK Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Admin gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name user Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing WiFi - Limited/no connectivity - but not on all wifi's? Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Gigabit Integrated Con troller Physical Address - F- F-C - B- E Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Dell Wireless Dual Band WLAN Mi ni-PCI Card Physical Address - -F - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday September A M Lease Expires Monday January PM C Documents and Settings Admin gt Dell Latitude D WinXP Pro nbsp

A:WiFi - Limited/no connectivity - but not on all wifi's?

Oh, what services HAVE to be running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-limited-no-connectivity-but-not-on-all-wifis.952454/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have two Windows 7 machines which both flawlessly access my Home Server 2011 via Remote Desktop.

When I attempt to access the Hone Server via Live Live Mesh "Connect to this Computer" I receive a log in screen request for a Ctrl-Alt-Del. Clicking the Remote Desktop Window link to issue the request has no affect. No other action is available except to disconnect from the server.

How do I solve this issue?

GW

A:Windows Live Remote Acces to Home Server 2011

Have you tried pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del ? Remotely the command is Ctrl-Alt-End. If it's what I think it is after doing so you should have a login screen to enter your user name and password for that computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/239232-windows-live-remote-acces-home-server-2011-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Folks:

I was just wondering (with the release of Windows 10 soooo close) are the any "clearance" style ways to purchase a cheap copy/license or two of Windows 8.1 Standard (x64). I don't need pro, and I'm not yet ready to install it on my PC full time yet (I'll need a new machine to do that). But I'd like to get it really cheap and legit.

Any help is appreciated. If anyone in Ontario might know too, that would be especially helpful (but please any American or overseas friends, I'd be very happy to hear from you)

A:Cheap Places to Purchase Windows 8.1 Standard/Home x64

I would scour Amazon and Ebay you may find a retailer that needs to get rid of DVD versions.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/69145-cheap-places-purchase-windows-8-1-standard-home-x64.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a fairly new Acer all Wifi to limited. goes in one AMD A - APU with Windows My wifi keeps going to limited connectivity I m not a very tech savy person but I have Wifi goes to limited. tried a lot of things to resolve this and nothing has worked From the simple reset or cycling of the Modem router It s a cisco DPC to tcp ip stack reset whatever that is saw it on-line and tried it but no luck The wifi works fine for other devices in the house an iPhone ipads and an x-box Thought it might be interference as I m in a heavily wifi ed neighborhood but the modem channel setting is on auto and says it picks a channel with quot acceptable interference quot When I troubleshoot the connection it says it is set to connect manually and then says it can t fix it itself So I set it to connect automatically restart the computer and I still have the same problems I would experiment with different drivers but I m not sure how to do that or even where to go in windows to find them Any help out there nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

hello(first Thread)
i am sharing an internet connection with one of my friends sometimes.
and my problem is this:every time i try to log on this wifi network,it says limited,my friend do not have this issue because he is not on wifi but directly from router.
my laptop can not run with a wire.
piease help.

A:limited wifi

First off, who owns the wifi network?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54752-limited-wifi.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello my Wifi signal is limited, my lappy has broadcam bcm43142 802.11 bgn wifi adapter, i hve updated the driver to Version:6.223.215.14 Rev.C but still it is limited. Plz help me to solve the problem. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-is-limited/td-p/5737813
Relevancy 52.03%

I did some of the elevated command prompts to rid of my limited access in wifi but nothing worked! Please help!!!

A:HELP limited Wifi

Try Unplugging your Router for 10 seconds, then reconnecting. Make sure you have IPv4 and not IPv6 turned on in the Adapter Properties.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35411-help-limited-wifi.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I ve read through hundreds of posts trying to figure out my issue Unfortunately I ve been unsuccessful Here s the at WiFi office home Company Connects not but at WiFi Solved: Secure to Laptop issue I was given a new laptop for work and it connects fine to our secure wireless network at the office but when I brought it home it will not connect to my wireless network at home When I try to connect to my network at home the wireless manager sits and spins saying quot trying to acquire network address quot I have iPhones eMachine and Macbook connected to my network working fine and dandy However the HP laptop from work simply won t connect unless wired I have tried the following Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Power Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home Cycled my Router Power Cycled my entire network WinsockXPFix tool I m completely at a loss here No idea what to do to fix this I m running Windows XP and have a Wire router I appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help solve this annoyance nbsp

A:Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-company-laptop-connects-to-secure-wifi-at-office-but-not-wifi-at-home.848389/
Relevancy 51.6%

hello.

i have cable internet that is connected to a belkin wireless router. one computer gets slow internet access when connected to this. multiple other computers get better speed. the one affected computer gets fast speeds when accessing the internet at other locations, like a friend's house. also, the affected computer gets fast speeds when connected to the router by a cable.

so the problem seems to be very specific to the connection between these specific devices.

the laptop in question is a thinkpad e420 running windows 7.

thank you in advance for any solutions or suggestions you might have.

A:Solved: slow net with 1 computer and home wifi, but not other computers or other wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-net-with-1-computer-and-home-wifi-but-not-other-computers-or-other-wifi.1085104/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi my pc is having wifi issues It is loading webpages very slow and will say limited when looking at the network it is connected to If I disconnect and reconnect to the network it will say connected and then - other Wifi devices PC for ok Wifi / "Limited" Slow mins later will be limited again and or slow I thought PC Wifi Slow / "Limited" Wifi ok for other devices at first it was my wireless card as both my phone and laptop connect to the wifi internet speed and connection is fine in the same area I replaced the wireless card in the PC with a wireless usb stick to connect to the wifi but the problem is exactly the same Does anyone know what is happening here or how to fix it Tried the following but cant find a fix its not a driver issue as ive reinstalled PC Wifi Slow / "Limited" Wifi ok for other devices drivers installed completely new wireless adapter and still same issues if i reduce connections to the router the issue persists the router is running on a channel no other routers are running on if i run speedtest net on the pc which is have issues the speed is slower than if i run on laptop or phone Thanks a lot

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/pc-wifi-slow-quotlimitedquot-wifi-ok-other-devices-4604181/
Relevancy 51.6%

i was using someone unprotected WIFI, but suddenly its showing limited connctivity. please advise what to do.

A:Wifi limited connectivity

If you know the person, maybe they can recycle their router. If you're using it without permission, you deserve whatever happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-limited-connectivity.933695/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everyone. First i'm sorry for my bad english, but i think u'll understand me.
Yesterday i installed Windows 10, all was fine, but after hour of working, i saw that my wifi connection goes to limited and i don't have internet acces. I need to disconnect and connect and it works for 30-45 minutes, and then again go to limited. I have windows 7 before, and there i don't have this problem, but when i tried windows 8(half year ago) i have same issue.
I have Hp pavillion g7-1307sm laptop.
Motherboard: HP 1672

I think it's maybe problem with my network adapter driver( Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi adapter ), becouse i think it's old. It is from 15/08/2012. Version: 6.30.59.49

If u need any more information, just say, and i hope u will help me about this problem.

A:Windows 10 WiFi goes to limited

Have you tried resetting your Router so the WI-FI signal is stronger
Normally you have to shut Router down via main or Use Reset Button found through a little hole in back.
Once done just reconnect and it should reboot
That is how I have had to do mine in the past.

Also see if there are any updated drivers for your model

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38297-windows-10-wifi-goes-limited.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi to all,
got a problem for some time and can't find a solution...

I think everybody knows about the problem with windows 8.1 at laptops with the limited ethernet (wifi), so I have the same problem on my PC and I cant find a cure...

Someone, any advices? Coz of this I cant loggin to my windows store and have problems with connection...

A:Limited Ethernet at PC (no the WIFI)!

Do not know what problems you are talking about with limited wifi & windows 8.x.x. Majority of the issues are Router/Gateway related.

It helps to know the mfg & model of your router/gateway, and spec's on the laptop. Use Speccy so you can upload system info on here, from the URL it gives you after it inspects your system. Speccy - System Information - Free Download

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56523-limited-ethernet-pc-no-wifi.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I am facing wifi problem, sometimes it disconnects suddenly, specially show limited access, I am depending on windows given driver, but that's not enough at all, it disconnects frequenly, even there is no driver for my model!!!! in this case what can I do, any possible solution please,why there is no universal driver?? and one more thing give any possible solution,cause I can't switch back to windows 7 only for wifi :3, it's so frustrating

A:Limited access of wifi

Hello @HridoyBD, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I read your post about the WiFi issue, and wanted to assist you! First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Limited-access-of-wifi/td-p/5590863
Relevancy 51.6%

Dell Latitude E5430 trying to connect to wifi but saying limited access.  Can see all wifi connections ok but just cant connect.  When the Ethernet cable is connect the lights flash but no internet connection is available.  The IP address is 169.254.104.158, which is the AIPIA address.  When I try and do a ipconfig /release I get an error message  RPC services is unavailable, I have checked this in the services and it is running ok.

A:Wifi limited access

Please run THIS   Place a tick in all boxes EXCEPT "change to Google DNS".....and "Clear hosts File"

then Click on Run All Selected

Let me know the outcome

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551482/wifi-limited-access/
Relevancy 51.6%

Perodicaly (1-10 mins) i lose my inetrnet conncetion, it comes back (30 seconds-3 minutes, sometimes i even need to troubleshooting it or restart my PC) but it is very very annoing. I have updated my Wifi driver (but it still is from 2009.07.07. isn`t there newer driver? :O). I use dell studio 1555! Can someone please help?!?

There information from my last troubleshooting:

Code:
Issues found
Your DNS server might be unavailableYour DNS server might be unavailable
Windows can?t find the well-known host "www.microsoft.com" using DNS. Detected
BUT ON MY WIN XP PC EVERYTHING IS OKEY!!!

PS Even now i need to wait for posting this theard, cause of limited access. Waiting waiting waiting about 20 minutes now Wow internet conncetion. Nope, lose it again

A:Limited access wifi

Quote: Originally Posted by pooly

Perodicaly (1-10 mins) i lose my inetrnet conncetion, it comes back (30 seconds-3 minutes, sometimes i even need to troubleshooting it or restart my PC) but it is very very annoing. I have updated my Wifi driver (but it still is from 2009.07.07. isn`t there newer driver? :O). I use dell studio 1555! Can someone please help?!?

There information from my last troubleshooting:

Code:
Issues found
Your DNS server might be unavailableYour DNS server might be unavailable
Windows can?t find the well-known host "www.microsoft.com" using DNS. Detected
BUT ON MY WIN XP PC EVERYTHING IS OKEY!!!
PS Even now i need to wait for posting this theard, cause of limited access. Waiting waiting waiting about 20 minutes now Wow internet conncetion. Nope, lose it again

there cold be several reasons.

first try ipconfig /flushdns, then ipconfig /renew if that helps it is a dns issue

if that doesnt help and you are using "homegroup" it may well be that for homegroup has connectivity issues on some mixed OS networks. you can verify it by making a new network connection using "workgroup". If that works you can then kill IPv6, and homegroup

ken9

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/96698-limited-access-wifi.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am using windows vista. My problem is, I can use my home internet wifi connection, but I can not use wifi connections other people my lap top which can detect the wifi and I have entered the correct password. I have had some time to repair this problem with the help of the window but to no avail. help me solve this problem. I was a computer and internet users are weak. I use the Toshiba M300 Notebook brand.

Relevancy 51.6%

Once in a while, I will get limited wifi connectivity on my laptop and when I click the wifi symbol in the bottom right to try disconnect and reconnect to the network, I can't change it because the networks do not show and have to restart my laptop everytime which is annoying. Any fixes for this issue?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Limited-WiFi-connectivity/td-p/5683203
Relevancy 51.6%

I apologize if this is not the right forum Please feel free to move as needed A few days ago I began getting the BSOD every time I would turn on my laptop The error consistently being shown was KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED NETwbw sys After several failed attempts Limited Connection WiFi to get the computer to turn on I did a full restore as there wasn t anything saved on the pc anyway After the restore I could turn it on but continued to get the same error and BSOD every time I would try connecting to WiFi I ran every windows update I could and updated all drivers including the Intel drivers for my wireless The BSOD is now gone but I can t connect WiFi Connection Limited to my network I ve tried using the router PIN and the network password but neither works I attempted to contact Toshiba Support and they think it s an error with the registry but want to make sure I can connect just fine with the Ethernet cable I can take screen shots or provide whatever information is needed I ve attached the info displayed from ipconfig all from both Ethernet and wifi Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks -JR K SysInfo below Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA ZEMAA Antivirus Norton AntiVirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:WiFi Connection Limited

Are you using the wireless driver from Toshiba's site or directly from Intel's? Try the other one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-limited.1147290/
Relevancy 51.6%

So i have a laptop ( Compaq Presario CQ57) and i upgraded it to windows 8 a few years ago and out of no where the wifi stopped working. I havent messed with the computer in a few years because i gave up. If i connect ethernet it still does not work. I can connect to type in my router password and connect but it says connection is limited, if i go to network and sharing it says i am not connected to anything. I cannot sytem restore or anything also so dont suggest it.

A:No wifi ( limited Connection )

Is this the only computer/device you are getting the issue on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wifi-limited-connection.1147306/
Relevancy 51.6%

I just bought a new Acer laptop running Windows Home Premium and am having serious range Need Limited WiFi Range Help; issues with its WiFi I have a Linksys WRT G wireless router which is at one end of my house on a table about feet off the ground When I work with the new laptop at my kitchen table which is about feet from the router all is fine I get to bars and an Excellent signal strength rating as reported by Windows Whenever I move into my living room which is about feet away and through a couple of walls I can t get any signal at all from the router I have tried everything I Need Help; Limited WiFi Range can think of including resetting the router and changing the router channel from to and nothing works and I am frustrated My wife s Toshiba laptop running Windows Home Premium connects just fine from the living room and the bedroom which is farther away and my older Dell Lattitude laptop running Windows XP Pro connects fine as well so what the heck gives I like the laptop but I can t use a laptop that drops a signal when I move more than feet away I have looked through older wireless connectivity posts here and don t see anything that might help me Are Acer laptops weak on wireless connectivity strength or is something else going on A few of the posts I read talked about upgrading the antenneas and my router has two small anteneas which I can upgrade if I need to but I am seeing that a lot of the newer quot N quot routers don t have any antenneas at all so what is a person to do in that instance Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I have an issue with my laptop that I am utterly baffled by If anybody could help me solve it I'd much appreciate it I have an HP -e dx running Windows which I purchased two years ago Until recently I lived abroad and had limited internet so in the two yrs I had this laptop abroad I believe I ran Windows Update maybe only two times Upon returning stateside I set about updating everything from Windows Update Everything was fine the only issue being that it didn't seem my laptop could update to despite being prompted to do so A couple of weeks later we had a power outage and I used Limited connectivity wifi the laptop until the battery died and then turned Limited wifi connectivity the laptop back on when the power came back When the laptop turned on that was when I discovered that the wifi connection was limited despite working on all other devices I googled around and tried a few solutions to no avail before trying a system restore which seemed to do the trick I thought nothing of it after that until the issue came up again a few weeks later probably when I restarted the laptop only this time system restore didn't fix the problem Eventually I got frustrated enough and decided to reformat the whole computer because I'd read some articles that suggested one of the updates caused this which seemed to make sense to me since I never had this connectivity problem abroad when I hadn't run Update After reformatting the computer I never ran Windows Update In fact I turned it off For approximately two weeks the connection was fine Then it started again Each time the wifi is perfectly fine right up to the moment I click restart After I restart it it goes back to limited connectivity and once again requires a system restore from me What is causing this problem How do I fix it without constantly running a system restore I'm generally pretty good with computers especially with a bit of digging into the issue but this one has baffled me and frustrated me As far as I can tell it's a software glitch Thanks to anybody who knows how to fix this

A:Limited wifi connectivity

By format, do you mean you used the System Restore  partition to reinstall the operating system or used a HP installation disc to install the operating system?

If you did either of these you should have the proper network drivers you need.

Look in the Device Manager and see if there are any yellow warning icons under Network Adapters.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594915/limited-wifi-connectivity/
Relevancy 51.6%

WiFi is going limited, when browsing..

I am using Windows 8. In Lenovo Ideapad Z580 #2151.
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200 is my wireless network adapter.
Hardware Ids :
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0891&SUBSYS_42228086&REV_C4
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0891&SUBSYS_42228086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0891&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0891&CC_0280
When I am browsing over internet using WiFi. It sometimes goes to limited.

Can any one please help me in the issue?

A:WiFi is going limited, when browsing

Many types of devices can cause wireless interference including Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, fluorescent lights, microwave ovens, outdoor microwave links, WiMAX, wireless game controllers, wireless video cameras, Zigbee devices, and so on. Even bad electrical connections can cause broad RF spectrum emissions.

For more details on this topic, see Electromagnetic interference at 2.4 GHz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-is-going-limited-when-browsing.1145030/
Relevancy 51.6%

So the Wireless Network Connection tab on my computer says it only has limited connectivity to my wifi. It was working perfectly fine just a few days ago. My mother's laptop connects just fine to our wifi. We tried taking the laptop out to my mom's work and it wouldn't connect to the wifi there either and also said it had limited connectivity while everyone else's devices worked. Why is this?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I've been having problems connecting to internet WiFi well any WiFi. Says I have limited access I have a Toshiba C655 Windows 7.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, im having trouble with my wifi. The day before it works fine but then the next day i turned on my Vaio laptop and it says Limited Access to my home wifi. I tried connecting to other wifi but same thing. I tried resetting the router, disabling and enabling the wireless connection but all didnt work. I tried connecting it with the cable directly still cannot connect. Finally i did a system restore to the day before where its working fine, it worked. The next day it says Limited Access again! So im guessing 'something' made my wifi error after that 1 day and i dont know what to do.. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Wifi has limited access

Something i noticed : after i use system restore, the problem happens on the next startup of windows( since i use my laptop all day the problem happens the next day) and also i tried updating my wireless driver but it worsens the problem from Limited access to unable to detect any wifi nearby.. please help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255732-wifi-has-limited-access.html
Relevancy 51.6%

can anyone help about my problem?

I am using WiFi for my laptop's internet

the problems is that the connection says LIMITED ACCESS.

Please HElp

A:Limited access on WiFi

hello ian,

Try this tutorial out: Internet Troubleshooting Guide - created by Dinesh

Failing that, download the most recent driver (make sure it is 64bit driver, if your computer is 64 bit) from the computer's website, uninstall the one you have, and install the new one.

Let me know how it goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217568-limited-access-wifi.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I've been googling the heck out of this.  I updated to Windows 8.1 on my laptop a few weeks ago.  Ever since, I can only hold a wifi connection for maybe 15-20 min max.  Else it goes to a "limited" status where I have to disconnect and reconnect and then all is well again for another 15-20.  This has happened at my home, at hotels, at my parents' place.  I've been traveling a lot so I'm seeing it everywhere.

My Mac and iphone and other wireless devices at home are not having any issues with wifi connectivity.

Based on my searches, I verified that my driver is updated, I made sure that the power saver for network is unchecked.  What else can I do?  The MS website just keeps referring to the driver or your ISP.  It's clearly not either of those.

Network adapter is Broadcom 802.11n

Thanks in advance!

A:"Limited" wifi after update to 8.1

You must need to get back to windows 8. since most of the time the drivers for your wireless network adapter must be compatible with windows 8.1. Go to device manager on your pc and check for the drivers for your wireless network adapter and try to update the compatible one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543882/limited-wifi-after-update-to-81/
Relevancy 51.6%

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=9047961
Limited access wifi

I recently purchase a driver disk online but still have problem<br />
<br />
<br />
Limited wifi access even tho signal is strong

A:Limited access wifi

Please continue with other thread that you posted a link too. Please do not start duplicate threads for a the same or continuing issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-access-wifi.1144064/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have issues connecting home specific to my issue and wifi Wifi laptop my Laptop to the Wifi router in my house however there are no issues connecting to other routers You would therefore assume that the issue lies with Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi the router at my house However every other device and laptop connects to the router at my house with no issues at all So it seems to be specific to the combination of my laptop and the router at my house I have been having these issues ever since I downloaded Windows I fixed it initially by downloading an old driver for the Wifi on my laptop This fix lasted for about months but since the latest windows update the issue has come back The issue is intermittent wifi where it shows I Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi am connected to the Wifi but then the internet doesn't work It says quot DNS probe cannot be found quot when running troubleshooter and then it resets the wifi on my laptop This can temporalily fix it sometimes for seconds Sometimes for hours But then the issue comes back Does anyone have any clue what the issue might be or how I might fix it Sometimes when I run the troubleshooter it says that I have missing protocols But then this doesn't happen every time I have tried a variety of fixes that I have read up on Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi in forums but none seem to work permantly One thing I haven't tried is a clean install of windows which is something I am very reluctant to do and also have my doubts as to whether it would actually resolve the issue Many thanks Joe

A:Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi

It all depends on location, location, location. Some Gateways are just garbage. If you are not getting a strong enough signal, get an Access Point. Also you need to make sure that you are not on a congested channel, which is usually Channels 6 & 11 for 2.4 Ghz units.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44081-wifi-issue-specific-my-laptop-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there,

I have a new problem that has just cropped up today. I am no longer able to connect to public wifi or my phone's wireless hotspot. My laptop either will not connect or connect with limited access. It has connected without issue in the past and as soon as I returned home it connected to my wifi here.

What I did notice is I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access in addition to my home wireless network:
Specs:
Acer Aspire S7 392
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 (driver updated)
Disabled my firewall and antivirus

I just connected to my phone's hotspot again and here is what I am coming up with:
Attachment 57082

And when I run ipconfig/renew
Attachment 57083

Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:Can only connect to home wifi - no public/hotspot wifi

What Internet Security software are you using? Are you using any third party software to manage network connections?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60701-can-only-connect-home-wifi-no-public-hotspot-wifi.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Every time I start my laptop, I can't access the internet and get a "limited access" warning on my wireless network.
The "troubleshoot problems" option fixes the problem (usually by resetting the network adapter), but it's not a permanent solution, because as soon as I restart the laptop, it's the same story all over again.

I have a desktop (Windows 7) connected through ethernet and another desktop (XP Home) also connected over wifi, both working just fine.

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
Network adapter: Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Signal strength: fair (starting my laptop right next to the router to get excellent strength doesn't help)
Modem/Router: B-Box2 (Sagem [email protected] 3464)
Firewall: Windows Firewall
Antivirus: AVG Free Edition

A:WiFi limited access on startup

Most likely this is because of a preinstalled wireless connection software which can be uninstalled by going to add/remove programs. In most cases it's best to use the Windows 7 connection wizard.

I would definitely get rid of the "free" AVG as this software causes connection problems all the time.

Let me know if those changes have any effect on the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236914-wifi-limited-access-startup.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My wifi keeps dropping after min and giving me a wifi limited connectivity problem DNS server not responding upon troubleshooting the problem I have an ASUS notebook months old came pre-installed with Windows and with Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Adapter and I use my neighbor's WLAN router to connect to wifi Sometimes I use the library My wife has a macbook and has never had a problem at either of these locations So the router seems to be working perfectly with her computer If my neighbor's wifi gives me limited signal my wife keeps surfing away--very frustrating I do however just use my Android wifi and this magically works when I am getting a limited through the neighbor's WLAN Connectivity Limited Windows Wifi 8.1 router Although I Windows 8.1 Wifi Limited Connectivity have had this Android wifi also cut off on my PC point being my computer loses wifi and my wife's macbook never does with all these exact same connections Before my factory refresh I was only losing wifi maybe once a day however I could often trapped after a limited wifi signal not be able to re-connect without multiple re-starts of my computer and DNS refreshes I could surf online for - hours then all of a sudden it wouldn't work Now it is more like minutes Either way there is a major problem with wifi limited connectivity and my neighbor's router But as I said my wife's macbook works perfectly and it is actually years old My PC is months old and can't even connect to wifi Whats wrong with windows If I type the following command prompts quot ipconfig flushdns quot and quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot and restart my computer then wait - minutes I can usually reconnect back to wifi for another minutes before it goes out again I have tried many things including factory refresh computer twice updated drivers re-installed disabled and re-enabled uncheck power box settings quot netsh int ip reset C resetlog txt quot using this google preferred DNS and alternate DNS netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled global autotuning disabled global rss enabled bought a usb wifi adapter but this is also giving me a limited sign at times I may have tried any other troubleshoots I found online concerning this problem but have not found any workaround to this problem What is the problem with Windows Is there anything I can do in order to have a working wifi on this computer This seems so basic to laptops why is this a Windows epidemic with no solution Do I have to install Ubuntu Chrome OS or just wait until Windows If anyone has any advice on how to get my wifi working normally I would appreciate any help

A:Windows 8.1 Wifi Limited Connectivity

I'll tell you what seemed to solve the problem for me. I identified the primary/secondary DNS server IP addresses used by my ISP, and then set those IP addresses as primary/secondary DNS servers in both my wireless router and my wireless network adapters. I have no clue why this helped.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65026-windows-8-1-wifi-limited-connectivity.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Good day! my laptop (2weeks old) running windows 8.1 is connected to our home wifi, but is limited. All other devices connected can use the internet but i cant. I tried updating drivers but it still shows limited. Please urgent help.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59424-hp-14-r024tx-connected-wifi-but-limited.html
Relevancy 50.74%

hello ppl yest while surfng d net my laptop hanged after restaring it it showed limited connectivity to d wifi network which i have d internet is continously on for bout weeks nw i m nt able access d net i tried connecting with d lan cable also it still does nt connect d wifi works fine on my phone its d laptop dats havng d problem i did d ipconfig in cmd window n got wifi limited on network connectivity my d followng info Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users DC s gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DCs-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - B- C- B-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter limited connectivity on my wifi network Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN Physical Address - - B- C- B-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b b d f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State limited connectivity on my wifi network Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C- - D- - A-AC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D-A - F- D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - limited connectivity on my wifi network - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F ADA -F - E -A C -F B F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes hope sm is able to help me wud be very thankful asap nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

last day am updated my laptop windows 8 to 10 but now wifi connection not working properly. always showing limited connection.how to solve this issue ?

A:wifi limited connection in windows 10

You could try clicking the WIFI icon in the tray and running the troubleshooting option as a first attempt.
If this does not work try shutting down the router for a minute or so.
Maybe you already tried these, in which case someone more knowledgeable than me may have other solutions to offer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-limited-connection-in-windows-10.1153398/
Relevancy 50.74%

For some reason my laptop has decided to not connect to wifi, it will connect but I will not be able to access the Internet. Other devices are working so I know that there's nothing wrong with the actual wifi - it's my laptop! It has been going downhill just praying that it hasn't finally bitten the dust.
It's a Dell Inspiron 1525 running vista, hope you can help!
Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys I need help please I am using a Toshiba NB Netbook running Windows Starter I usually access the internet via tethering my phone - and yesterday morning when I tried to play my morning crossword puzzle I received an error wifi trying connect to only when to access Limited etc. stating that an important file quot xw control xml quot could not be found I was using Firefox so I tried Chrome with the same result I googled and learned I think that this file is possibly flash related and I know my flash was out of date - so I downloaded the latest flash from Adobe Now I am unable to connect to the internet at all It connects to my phone but with quot Limited access quot And I tried a wifi location at my local library and it does the same thing - Limited access only I have restarted shutdown and done a battery-pull on the phone - to no avail I have no idea what is happening so I'm hoping you Limited access only when trying to connect to wifi etc. guys can help me Thank you very much

A:Limited access only when trying to connect to wifi etc.

I uninstalled flash to no avail. So I guess I can't blame that. How do I go about troubleshooting the limited access? I have connected just fine to this phone (and other networks) for a long time. Until now...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298674-limited-access-only-when-trying-connect-wifi-etc.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently moved WiFi Repeated Connectivity on Limited to a new apartment where I share an internet connection Since I got here I've been having repeated 'limited connectivity' errors on my WiFi connection Whenever I get these errors the troubleshooter 'fixes' the problem after resetting the adapter but it continually comes back -- even more frequently Repeated Limited Connectivity on WiFi when downloading or streaming something I've tried everything I can think of - Relocated the modem router thinking there may be an issue of location - Reset the router several times - Updated the driver for the wireless adapter - Changed the power settings for the computer - Tweaked the wireless properties by enabling disabling ipV - Reset winsock through command prompt I have the Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller and running Windows Pro I really don't know what else to try My tablet runs off the same connection just fine but I simply cannot stay connected Literally there are times when I lose connectivity once every couple minutes where other times it might go a couple hours Thanks in advance for any assistance you folks can give

A:Repeated Limited Connectivity on WiFi

Share a connection? You mean with another apartment or the building? Could be the shared AP that's causing the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58790-repeated-limited-connectivity-wifi.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello, I have been using a nic and ics to share my usb modem internet with my xbox via ethernet cable.

I have recently installed a wifi dongle to use as an access point to share the same usb internet with a smartphone.

But now my first connection has limited or no connectivity... Can I share the same internet with them both?

If not how do I switch ics between them as I can't get my original local area connection back to using the ics?

Im using xp sp3

A:limited or no connectivity ics nic wifi usb modem

Can I share the same internet with them both?Click to expand...

My guess is "no" but that's only a guess. Let's take a quick look at ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-or-no-connectivity-ics-nic-wifi-usb-modem.1075094/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there everyone I have an HP Elitebook p on Windows connecting with Intel R Centrino R Advanced N- I used to be able to connect a certain WiFi connection for a long time then suddenly the day after Trying to connect it connects for a second i see white bars and connection looks fine i open up Chrome which says no connection found blank page appears and then WiFi Signal in my tray gets a yellow triangle with exclamation mark Limited-Access Since the problem ACCESS LIMITED Buzzin'...) WiFi's (My started I am able to connect through another WiFi connection named linksys media that I never saw before and that is WEIRDLY having the SAME password as the one I am suppose to be able to connect to at first I ve uninstalled my drivers reinstalled Problem still here The password is good I don t know Sometimes instead of writing Limited-Access it says No Internet Access and with my IPhone I am able to connect with the password and connection works fine Please Help My ex-connection was way faster than linksys media to which I am LIMITED ACCESS (My WiFi's Buzzin'...) connected at the moment P s I ve found a post on this site with LIMITED ACCESS (My WiFi's Buzzin'...) an answer that solved problem for many but I didn t have AVG installed and didn t find AVG Internet Filter or something like in my protocols THANKS -Breezy- nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I am not sure why, but my laptop at the office constantly goes to limited connectivity only. If I disconnect and connect it will work again, but then the cycle repeats anywhere between 2 minutes after to a couple of hours.

There are lots of other computers in the office and only mine is doing this. I have gone into the cmd prompt and run an ipconfig dnsflush release and renew. I have gone to the intel website and installed the newest drivers from my wifi chip and if anything it might be happening a bit more often.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I am at a loss of what to try next, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me out. I am happy to follow instructions posted and provide any log files that you think may be of use.

Thanks,

A:Constantly having wifi go to limited access only

Pretty standard problem but with many possible causes.

If I can take a look at the ipconfig/all I may be able to help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310989-constantly-having-wifi-go-limited-access-only.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I just bought a brand new computer and i am having trouble getting it to STAY connected to the wifi. It has windows 8 which i am not to keen on, and also know veery little about. It connects fine but after anywhere from 5-30 minutes it will go to limited connectivity. After this i disconnect from the wifi network and reconnect and the process starts all over again. I have tried many things in the cmd prompt as those have solved others with this or similar problems but to no avail. Also i changed the power settings not not allow the adapter to turn off. any help would be appreciated, i am starting online college in 5 days and i need a reliable internet connection. Thanks

A:Windows 8 going from connected to wifi to limited

do you have access to the router logs? , see if anything is showing when your laptop switches to limited?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32290-windows-8-going-connected-wifi-limited.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have tried everything. Resetting the drivers, using manufacturer drivers, turning off the turn off to save power option, resetting the internet, and setting the router to N only.

This is REALLY annoying and I can't use the internet without a cable.
Please help!

A:Built in wifi go limited randomly

Try this for Limited Connectivity:::
No Internet Access in Windows 8 (Limited Connectivity) | virusresearch.org

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/57970-built-wifi-go-limited-randomly.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a new Toshiba (not sure if that really matters) which came with Windows 8. The other 12 people who share my wifi used Windows 7. I don't know if that's important.Main point: I am the only one in my house whose computer cannot use the wifi. I used it for about three weeks with not more complicatios than everyone else until a day or two ago. Now while others have normal access mine continues to be limited with not internet access. When Microsoft searches for a problem it says "Problems found: 'Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'". Do I need to do something with my computer, the modem, the router, or something else?Many thanks

A:Wifi connected with limited access

The other 12 people who share my wifi used Windows 7Although routers can connect multiple devices at the same time by wireless there are some obstacle you must check first like the distance and interference. The wireless feature of the router such as channel and signal would be the clear probable solution. Depending also on your router, look for an updated firmware version that might stabilize your whole connection and try updating your network adapter if available.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483093/wifi-connected-with-limited-access/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all I have a strange connection issue My router BT Home Hub has two SSID's one GHz and one GHz I also have two WiFi extenders Netgear N in the house both of which are connected to the GHz SSID Up until a few days ago my Win Pro laptop was comfortably connected to the GHz SSID and was solid for many months Now my laptop refuses to connect directly to that same SSID but will connect quickly and easily to either of the Extenders When I attempt to connect to the problematic SSID either by manually entering the security key or using WPS it connects to the router but states that the connection is limited verified by no Internet connection When I troubleshoot the result is quot WiFi doesn't have a valip IP configuration quot The troubleshooter then supposedly fixes this error but it in fact just connects to one of the extenders I've looked at the adapter Broadcom n settings and all seems to be as it should DHCP is enabled and all other settings seem to be as they were previously I've tried turning off my firewall Privatefirewall anti-virus AVG Free and other security software Peerblock amp SuperAntiSpyware WiFi connection / limited SSID / then attempting to connect again but the same connection issues happen so have to rule out any of those as the cause Windows Firewall is disabled I want to use the problematic SSID as my extenders don't quite give me the same speeds as I was getting Also my laptop won't use the GHz SSID as my Apple devices do Can anyone shed any light on what may be going wrong with this one SSID please Thank you in advance

A:WiFi / SSID / limited connection

What IP address does the problematic AP give you?
Subnet and gateway as well.
Also include dns addresses it assigns you.

When the connection is limited, can you reach your local network?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68606-wifi-ssid-limited-connection.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
I am experiencing Problem with the wifi connectivity after I updated my Dell Inspiron 15 3521. I updated the Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) to the latest and tried every steps I could find in the blogs, youtube and communities talk but still couldn't fix the problem.
Any kind of help will be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

A:Wifi limited connection problem

Originally Posted by Amansundas

Hi,
I am experiencing Problem with the wifi connectivity after I updated my Dell Inspiron 15 3521. I updated the Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) to the latest and tried every steps I could find in the blogs, youtube and communities talk but still couldn't fix the problem.
Any kind of help will be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

Ok. It helps to know if the problem connecting is on Public hotspots or private Wifi. Forget everything you see on Youtube and blogs. As for forums like this. Everything is going to be the same, when it comes to getting answers to your questions.

That means telling the whole story behind what mfg & model of computer, if it is a Private or Public hotspot, If private, what channel or channels is it set on.

Really cannot tell you anything more at this point, without the extra information needed. But really you are going to be better by troubleshooting on your end. That may mean even going with a USB adapter with an external antenna.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/28898-wifi-limited-connection-problem.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi gurus,

I'm having some problems suddenly with my wifi on my Windows 8.1 machine. This is a desktop PC with a small USB wifi-N adapter from TP-Link.
Every time I boot, it gets only a limited connection with my router. Simply disconnecting and reconnecting solves the issue.

The TCP/IP stack reset doesn't work. It gives me the "access denied" error. I have full permission over the netsh.exe (changed that already) and I run an elevated command prompt.

I have also already unmarked the "allow Windows to turn this device off" option, and also enabled the "allow download over metered connections" option.

This basically has me stranded ...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/73088-win-8-1-limited-wifi-connection-not-laptop.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am able to connect to my wifi but it shows LIMITED ACCESS and it show no internet access.
I also tried to manually enter the same IP ADDRESS of another laptop by which i was able access Internet through the same wifi.
but still problem didnnt resolve
please guide me asap to solve this problem of LIMITED ACCESS

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi

Hope you can help.

I'm on holiday and booked a villa which had complimentary WIFI. I'm able to connect to the unsecured public network. The signal strength is good and I know I'm connected as the duration of time keeps increasing.

However when I try and access the internet I get the message that I have Limited Connectivity. I run the diagnostic tool and am told there is an issue with the IP address.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this as I desperately need my laptop so I can work whilst on holiday.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Bebh xx

A:Limited Connectivity on Wifi connection

You may need to remove wireless profiles (see below) and reconnect to the secure network - it will also mean at home when you return you will need to re-enter your wireless security key

would you post back an ipconfig /all

I assume the villa complimentary WIFI is secure - have you entered the correct KEY - and do you know the type of security used ?

If possible download and install and run this xirrus program - and tell us the Name of the villa wireless
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- Vista/Windows7:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to
--

Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- XP
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=186
- delete the preferred networks
start> control panel> network connections> right click on the wireless connection> listed wireless networks tab in the preferred network list click on each one and - remove button

you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-connectivity-on-wifi-connection.958435/
Relevancy 50.74%

I was upgrading from win 7 to 10 from get windows 10 app which is not "preview"?, everything works fine until i see the wifi, can't connect to the internet from home router via wifi only, strangly laptop wifi was works fine with phone tethering and when i connect the router with lan cable. Also other computer & phone that connect home router was connected normally,
I thing some "protocol"? Are new so my router wont accept it? Or might be the driver that need to update...but currently i can't find it yet

A:Wifi LIMITED connection on windows 10

Microsoft updated the network stack with Windows 10 so it's more then likely a driver issue.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/371107-wifi-limited-connection-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Tech Support I have problems dealing with this issue by myself this notebook used to be fine until it was brought back to another company branch with wifi Now it can t connect I can t resolve this Another Connectivity No WIFI and Limited problem Please help I have cut and Another Limited and No Connectivity WIFI problem pasted the ipconfig all and Another Limited and No Connectivity WIFI problem hope we can find a solution to this THANKS Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Yen Yen ONG gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name IP-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - -B - -C - E Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday August A M Lease Expires Saturday September AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - D- F-FC- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway nbsp

A:Another Limited and No Connectivity WIFI problem

It maybe the firewall is blocking - can you disable the firewall ?
Does it work OK if connected by cable
Is the wireless security enabled - if so remove the wireless profiles on the PC and reconnect you will be asked for the password again - see instructions below
also try taking the security off the router and connect

Post back some Ping tests - see below
post an image of xirrus - see instructions below
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run > CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping 192.168.0.1
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Wireless Profiles
- XP
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=186
- delete the preferred networks
start> control panel> network connections> right click on the wireless connection> listed wireless networks tab in the preferred network list click on each one and - remove button

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-limited-and-no-connectivity-wifi-problem.946231/
Relevancy 50.74%

hello a access wifi Limited from router everybody I had windows installed laptop after connecting to the wireless router it is showing LIMITED I am able to access internet But I am not able to access stores and others given Limited access from a wifi router by windows It is because of Limited access So please help me out in solving this After running cmd k ipconfig all I am getting the following results Windows IP Configuration Host Name SRINATH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List iith ac in Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - C- F- -D -CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix iith ac in Description Qualcomm Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - C- F- -D -CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bf eed c e d f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E-B - C- - C- F- -D -CF DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -FF-A - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address B -AC- F- -C -DF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap iith ac in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix iith ac in Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

This forum doesn't seem super active probably Wifi Mbps?! 20 Speed to Limited because of the few Helix owners but I'll post my question anyway hoping someone can confirm nbsp My wifi speed is limited to Mbps nbsp Wifi Speed Limited to 20 Mbps?! Whether connecting to the internet or on my intranet nbsp Top of the line ac router few feet away no interferences copying files to or from a PC which is connected to the network by ethernet nbsp I get no more than MB sec nbsp Same location nbsp with a -yr old laptop - MB sec nbsp Reboots driver update etc no difference nbsp Different router and location is the same nbsp The Helix reports the wifi card as a too nbsp nbsp Not n or a n nbsp nbsp Connecting the USB to ethernet lenovo adpater I get MB sec so close to the mbps limit nbsp of the adpater that's normal nbsp Issue well accessing data and for example browsing pic tures on my NAS or another PC is very painful at MB sec nbsp At - MB sec on my laptop it's instantaneous no pb nbsp I'm ok if it's a small cheaper Atom tablet but not so much for a laptop tablet nbsp My basic -yr old laptop does times better nbsp Or is my Helix faulty nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Wifi Speed Limited to 20 Mbps?!

I second that, the Lenovo team should take a closer look at this problem.I'm oscilating around 4MB/s, which is also slower than expected, sometimes even dropping to 2,5.It could be a driver fault, hopefully fixable.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Wifi-Speed-Limited-to-20-Mbps/td-p/1206872
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there So I believe I have caught a Trojan Wifi Limited Connectivity trojan somewhere online that is impossible Wifi Limited Connectivity Trojan to get rid of What it basically does is at random times limit my internet connectivity to a very very reduced speed or remove it altogether Sometimes the yellow caution triangle appears over my wifi logo on my taskbar but sometimes it limits my internet without that sign even appearing Internet becomes unusable as I have to keep disconnecting and reconnecting to load whatever I'm doing I tried a full factory system restore the problem went away for a few days and conveniently came back I cannot get rid of it The only fix I know as of now is to connect directly to modems through ethernet cables but I cannot do that everywhere I go I travel a lot Then again this is something fairly new I tried I don't know if it's a complete fix either small sample size The thing is I've tried troubleshooting this problem before going through hundreds of forums for similar problems where the fix worked for a few days but ultimately came back I've been very very careful with everything I do on my computer since but the problem still came back I have Windows and no antivirus program at the moment used to have AVG just haven't added one since my last factory restore Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Wifi Limited Connectivity Trojan

Greetings spotup and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. This does not appear to be malware related but we will take a quick look at things. I may end up referring you to a different BC Forum.Please do this.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your Desktop. <<< ImportantDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerMake sure the Addition.txt box is checkedClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================Farbar's MiniToolBox--------------------Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktopPlease close any Firefox browsers you may have openDouble click the icon to launch the programMake sure only the following options are checked:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesClick Go and once the scan is completed a MTB.txt Notepad document will open on your desktopPlease copy and paste the contents... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615488/wifi-limited-connectivity-trojan/
Relevancy 50.74%

Have lost access to internet through WiFi for no apparent reason. Have tried various fixes. WiFi indicates 'Connected' in Networks but immediately on connection states 'You're not connected to a network'. Help please.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e51936d3-0608-4fd5-8733-4e007a360ff8/limited-connection-to-wifi-in-windows-81?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.74%

Can someone help me fix this...my wifi keep limited access every few minute...pls help...

A:my wifi get limited access every few minute

and i need to disconnect and reconnect again...its really piss me off...so guys pls tell me how to fix this

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/352304-my-wifi-get-limited-access-every-few-minute.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I was trying to make a Minecraft server and I was port forwarding. But after I port forwarded My wifi connection turned limited. It is not like this on any of my other devices (hence me writing this on my iPad) I have tried typing all of the commands that other forums have suggested make your connection un-limited in command prompt (admin) but there isn't a question that says what to do if this happens after port forwarding. Thank you and please help!

A:Wifi limited after Port Forwarding

Never mind I fixed it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-limited-after-port-forwarding.1130019/
Relevancy 50.74%

TL DR WiFi no work Keep disconnect Driver uninstall Reinstall Now WiFi keep become limited What do Let me first tell a little bit of history about my laptop Dell Inspiron R I got it a month and a half ago and lived in a dorm dropping limited / constantly becoming WiFi room with only WiFi constantly dropping / becoming limited one LAN port I used the LAN port and downloaded a Virtual WiFi Router program to share the connection with my roommates There were no problems at all Then I came back home two weeks ago and connected using WiFi the modem is in my brother's room and we have no cable long enough to connect to it That's when problems start occurring The WiFi would drop every three or four this was not so serious But in recent days it would begin dropping every hour give or take another minutes This problem becomes more common when I'm playing League of Legends where it would drop every minutes or so What I don't understand is that it drops the connection for seemingly no reason When I check the WiFi list the connection is still there it's just that I'm not connected and have to reconnect manually Another weird issue is that it takes me about a minute or two to reconnect usually it's instant In addition it will attempt to connect for a long time just says there quot Checking network requirements quot then it will say the connection attempt has failed BUT it actually succeeded in connecting I've Googled and found out that others are experiencing the problem too and managed to fix it by changing the power management settings making it so that Windows will not shut down the WiFi to save power This did not work Yet another suggested uninstalling the driver and restarting the laptop and I did just that Windows reinstalled the driver while rebooting Now the connection stopped dropping which is good but is now constantly becoming limited which is bad I would browse the internet normally and realize none of the pages are loading then check the network symbol which seems fine until seconds later when it shows that it has become limited Now it took me about minutes to type this and the WiFi has been behaving but the moment I start League it starts going crazy every minutes In light of this problem my brother told me to use his room when I'm gaming as we had an extra cable The connection doesn't drop while using the cable but another issue cropped up Every seconds to a minute something happens I'm not sure what but when using Google Chrome it will suddenly become unselected When playing League it will suddenly tab out to the desktop without any notification or any background program running This stopped happening when I returned to my room and used the WiFi again and back to constantly limited connection This might not be a network problem but I'm throwing this out here just in case anybody knows how to fix it So now I have no idea how any of this happened I might suspect that this is a router problem as I had no problems whatsoever in my dorm yet I am also positively convinced that my laptop is haunted If anybody can help and or needs additional information just ask for it Even if the problem cannot be fixed I would at least want to know the cause because if it's the laptop I'd have to get it fixed before returning to college EDIT The connection just went limited again and I used the Network Troubleshooter The issue given was quot The default gateway is not available quot and it was rectified by resetting the WiFi adapter

A:WiFi constantly dropping / becoming limited

If you can send a screen cap of your ipconfig we can get an idea about how you are connecting to your network.

from the command prompt type IPCONFIG then screencap that, you may have to expand the windows to display everyting..

Then when you post select add image in the message icons..

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/25477-wifi-constantly-dropping-becoming-limited.html
Relevancy 50.74%
Relevancy 50.74%

hi,

Since I installed Windows 7 on my PC I have this issue.
I use a WiFi USB key (D-Link DWL-G132 A3) to connect my computer to internet.

With Windows XP all were working good, but now with Windows 7 after 30/60/xxxx minutes I'm connected i get "limited access - no internet connection". Windows recognized a DNS error, but it was unable to slove it.
I'm solving this problem unplugging the WiFi key for 1 minute, and then re-plugging it. Doing this, the connection returns fine for another 30/60/90/xxxx minutes.

How can i solve this issue? (I'm actually trying the connection with IPv6 disabled and using only IPv4)

A:Limited WiFi connection after 30-60min

I suggest replacing the USB wifi device. It was discontinued in 2007 and has no support for Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/224963-limited-wifi-connection-after-30-60min.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have new laptop Acer Aspire ES 11 (ES1-131-C7YE) but WIFI connection limited to internet.Would you please assist me to solved this problem? Thanks.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:WIFI limited connect to internet.

Check my router settings, this is a router issue. WIFI provider in Indonesia (Telkom Speedy) already change the region of TP-LINK from original United States to Indonesia and to cause Acer with Windows 10 limited connect to internet. So, after rechage to original region (United States), problem solving.  Thanks. 

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/WIFI-limited-connect-to-internet/td-p/390147/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 50.74%

The problem started when I first got my laptop but it was an uncommon thing During the time I had windows the wifi would turn limited maybe once or twice every few months Then came along windows I wifi Limited or wifi no was excited for this as I was still minor issues with windows I thought they had fixed almost everything Limited wifi or no wifi It was a stupid mistake not Limited wifi or no wifi to wait a few days The first problem I had was my touchpad not working correctly I found the problem maybe months ago and fixed it But the one problem Limited wifi or no wifi I have now is my wifi connection Every - minutes my wifi becomes limited I'm a gamer and it is pretty annoying racking up abandonments in DOTA My temporal fix for the problem would be to troubleshoot my wifi most of the time it would fix it saying the my connection is broken or the default gateway is not available Although sometimes it does not The wifi icon becomes a cable with the computer screen and a little Red Cross For me to fix this I have to restart my computer go into device manager and reinstall my network adapter but even then it still may remain not working I receive a code This device cannot start It is a Ralink adapter and I realise many people have had problems with this adapter too I have tried numerous ways of fixing it such as Disable device sleeping Netsh-ing via cmd Change my network adapter driver thingy like changing to mediatek Broadcom etc Most of the time works temp Sometimes gives code And a few more I can't remember right now but if you suggest it I will tell you if I have tried it if I haven't then I will try it and report back I am very experienced at computer stuff and it is quite painful to admit I have come across a computer problem I haven't been able to fix If you need more information don't be afraid to ask xD

A:Limited wifi or no wifi

I have the same exact problem...if you find a permanent fix or I do...post it.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38398-limited-wifi-no-wifi.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I recently bought a Dell XPS that runs Windows Right from the start I've had a problem connecting windows [SOLVED] wifi 8.1 'limited' connection to the internet The machine can usually find my home Wif but when it tries to connect it usually says 'Limited' connectivity and I can't access the internet I can however access my home network for instance I can stream music from the computer to a Sonos player To connect to [SOLVED] windows 8.1 'limited' wifi connection the internet I need to flick either the electronic airplane or wifi switch off and on a number of times Once connected it works fine and doesn't loose the connection unless it goes to sleep or I turn it off Also sometimes when I turn on the machine it can't see any networks at all Then I need to restart it before doing the above Googling shows this has been a problem for lots of people running in combination but probably not always with the Intel wifi card on various brands of machine There's a number of fixes suggested which I've tried like those listed here How to fix limited or no connectivity Wi-Fi issues in Windows - fixedByVonnie but none have solved the problem I have installed the most recent driver for the Intel card and am not running the Microsoft driver I've spoken to Dell who have run me through the above fixes as well as this Search gt device manager gt network adaptors gt right click Intel gt properties gt advanced gt Ad hoc channel change from to The next thing they want me to do is wipe everything and restore the computer this seems a drastic step and given how common the problem is I doubt it will work Following this they want me to send them the computer But I can't do as I live in Spain and it's a UK machine they only offer a service in the UK and Ireland Does anyone know of any definitive fix for this problem Any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers

A:[SOLVED] windows 8.1 'limited' wifi connection

Hi:

I've now discovered that the laptop connects without a problem to both wifi and an ethernet connection elsewhere. The problem appears to be my router/internet service.

Apologies for not realising this before posting. I also now see there's a 'network' thread I should have used.

Will close this post, see what my internet provider says (other machines connect without problem to my home wifi), and re-post on network thread if no luck.

Cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-windows-8-1-limited-wifi-connection-924946.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently bought a new laptop Lenovo T s Win Pro w update Intel AC I've tried connecting via Wifi work/public on error Limited wireless in multiple locations and haven't had any problems except in one Limited error on work/public Wifi location Limited error on work/public Wifi which is at my office's public access WiFi I can get onto the network and get internet access on my win laptop and on my Surface With the new Lenovo it appears that I've connected to the wireless network but have no internet connection When I initially select the network I get connected and can open a web page But then it switches to a quot limited quot connection and I no longer have access Windows defender firewall is on No other security things that I know of I deleted the Norton trial that came with it There is a screen that comes up when I log on with any device that asks you to accept that you will not download porn steal the firstborn child etc I've bookmarked the page and been able to push the button to agree but I still lose the connection shortly after that I don't have the internet connection anywhere on the computer this isn't just a browser issue I've tried reinstalling the wireless driver No luck I have the most recent version and I've also tried installing the Intel PROset wireless software as noted in this thread BT Public Wifi works on Windows but not Windows But quite honestly I'm not totally sure what to try doing after that is installed I ran the diagnosis tool and got a failure on the ping test No Response default gateway DHCP server Anyone have any ideas what I should try do next Fair warning my networking knowledge is pretty bad so I might need a bit of a description on what to do

A:Limited error on work/public Wifi

There are countless compatibility problems with AC adaptors and older N routers. Intel keeps updating the drivers for this reason "compatibility".

You should try the very latest drivers from Intel to fix this problem, no guarantee's here...
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...?DwnldID=23707

You aren't alone with this problem and it's most definitely a compatibility problem.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/48351

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/44312-limited-error-work-public-wifi.html