Windows Support Forum

HP Pavilion dv4 - 1428dx series laptop, powers on but won't boot

Q: HP Pavilion dv4 - 1428dx series laptop, powers on but won't boot

Last night I powered off my laptop, I got into work and powered it on, and to my disliking I discovered that it would turn on, the lit wifi buttons and volume controls would turn on, but the pc would not boot up. To add to the mystery of this the num lock and caps lock lights keep flashing. Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong with my laptop?

Thanks!

-Stensland

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Pavilion dv4 - 1428dx series laptop, powers on but won't boot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Pavilion dv4 - 1428dx series laptop, powers on but won't boot

problem resolved, my CPU went bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv4-1428dx-series-laptop-powers-on-but-wont-boot.156671/
Relevancy 90.3%

When i depress the power on button, i get an indication that power (from battery) is present, but the systems won't boot. when i release the key, the indicator goes off.

Help! Any ideas? is this some kind of a lock?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-laptop-powers-but-doesnt-boot.549109/
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm having problems with my laptop (HP Pavilion dv4 1428dx) the last thing I did was put it to sleep, then cameback and tried to wake it up but it would not start up. All the lights are on, but the screen is black and the only thing I hear is the fan moving. The caps lock and num lock keys have a blinking light, not really sure what that means. The power LED is on, the battery LED is on, but the hard drive LED is not on. This computer is almost 3 years old and I have never had a major problem like this until recently. If anyone has any solutions I would gladly appreciate them.  Thank you for your time,Freshman4002

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Pavilion dv4 1428dx black screen/will not start up

The blink codes state caps lock/num lock because it could be just the caps lock, just the numlock, or both.  If both are blinking, then it counts as one blink for each time.

If it is blinking just one time and pausing for 3-4 seconds, then that indicates the processor POST test failed.  A processor failure usually requires a new processor, but some have been able to open the notebook to reseat the process and apply new thermal paste to get the issue resolved.

If it is under warranty, I would recommend contacting HP for service. 

If it is out of warranty, then I would contact HP to get a quote and compare that to the cost of a local PC shop to weigh your options. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-dv4-1428dx-black-screen-will-not-start-up/td-p/727303
Relevancy 74.82%

It's a HP pavilion g6 2249wm it powers up but won't boot up it stuck in a black screen. It used to take me 10-20 times powering it up before it started. Now it has not booted up and I have tried almost all day just powering it up and it won't boot up. I checked the ram and it's okay. I also tried taking out the battery and holding the power button and powering it up to no avail.

A:hp pavilion g6 2249wm problem - powers up but won't boot up

Hi JayNava,

For the issue with your computer powering up, but not booting. I have included the following document, 'Computer Does not Start (Windows 8)'. This document explains many different error states and provides great troubleshooting steps.

If this document fails to resolve the issue, please let me know if there are any error messages. These messages can be displayed on the screen, beeping noises, or flashing lights.

Please let me know how this works out for you, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hp-pavilion-g6-2249wm-problem-powers-up-but-won-t-boot-up/td-p/3052011
Relevancy 70.09%

I just finished chatting with tech support from HP I was told that it is impossible to make the series dual boot because Pavilion HP boot series No DV9500 dual on it has SATA drives and the quot disable SATA quot option is not available in the BIOS therefore XP will not recognize the hard drive because XP has no SATA drivers he said He flatly refused to say anything about Linux HP doesn t support it Anybody heard of this I want to buy the DV model tomorrow Alex Irven Please be No dual boot on HP Pavilion DV9500 series careful before buying Alex Since the machine is No dual boot on HP Pavilion DV9500 series mine I do with No dual boot on HP Pavilion DV9500 series it as I please what you are saying is that even though I fully own the laptop once I buy it I am still tied to the agreement between Microsoft and HP I can t install any operating system I please Linux XP or whatever I choose Irven Yes Alex you are absolutely correct but down grading the operating system is creatingf lots of problem inthe machine That s the reason this steps has been taken place For your notebook s safty Alex what if the hard drive fails Irven You could repalce it that s not the issue Alex are you allowed to disclose the workaround that restriction surely you will not want to buy a car if you are told by the manufacturer what brand of gasoline you must use would you Irven I d understand that Alex Might be you are comfortable with XP Alex can I make the laptop dual boot Irven Unfortunately that feature is not available Irven You mean to say XP Vista Alex XP Vista Linux if I so choose Irven That might not be possible Irven You could chosee series Alex but if I replace the hard drive with another SATA drive can I install another operating system Irven Alex I dont think that will work out Alex but you just told me that I can replace the drive with another one do I have unrestricted access to the BIOS Irven Let me expalin you Alex please go ahead Irven The notebook accepts only SATA enabled Hard drive If you repalce it with another SATA enable hard drive that wont support XP Irven Then what will be the use Alex you mean to say that XP can not be installed on a machine with a SATA hard drive Irven Sata drivers need to be installed before installing the XP but for XP SATA drivers are not available Alex OK well you just suggested the series It also comes with SATA drives the only difference between the and series seems to be the processor s brand and the video card So how can I install XP on one but not on the other Irven That will have the option to desable SATA in the BIOS if it doesnot have that option then you may not install XP even on it I believe it has SATA desable option But for I am sure it has no such option Irven Is there anything else In which I can assist you Alex how about Linux why can t I install Linux on the Irven I cannot say any thing about Linux as HP does not support it how ever I haev found one SATA driver that migt help you out Irven Here it is Irven http h www hp com bizsuppor scription jsp lang en amp cc US amp swItem wk- - Irven Do not click on the link Copy and the paste the link into the address bar of the web browser Alex ok thank you for your help Irven Please take care good bye Alex nbsp

A:No dual boot on HP Pavilion DV9500 series

ToshibustM60,

I have the DV9200t and I am booting into Vista x64, Ubuntu Linux, and XP. The problem is similar to yours, and that is if I boot into XP I have to disable the SATA capability in the BIOS and that is a pain each time. I can leave it off all the time but then the drives are not running at full capacity.

I have the latest chipset loaded on. I loaded them after the install. To install I disabled SATA. I am curious if anyone used F6 during Windows install to load the drivers then had luck with SATA enabled?

It is sad HP is taking this course of limiting the OS. Us power users are sought out by friends, peers, management on our opinions. Just think the next time someone ask for our advice on what laptop to go with. I hope HP gets a clue. I have been happy with the laptop other than the multiboot/bios problem.

Stan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-dual-boot-on-hp-pavilion-dv9500-series.600224/
Relevancy 70.09%

hey all - prob a very easy answer but im trying to find a replacement screen part/model number for HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC - p264na - L0E38EA#ABU tried a quick SIW and some moniterinfo - didnt gimme what i was looking for serail/part# wise. and i saw u help a few others with this both frm hp parts and offsite links - can you do the same for this model please ?? the most likely ive found is this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-Pavilion-15-P264NA-LCD-Screen-Replacement-for-Laptop-New-LED-HD-Glossy-... is it a likely match ??? - sorry i cant remove bezel as i dont want to damage plastic or void warranty many thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/replacement-screen-laptop-pavilion-series/td-p/5696623
Relevancy 69.66%

Right I've ran a few tests gathered the information and now I need the help nbsp Please Boot ... Install HP Pavilion Series- G6 Device Found Not nbsp I have a HP Pavilion G - saProduct Number - LZ EA AEU Or could be ABU might have wrote it down wrong nbsp The Problem nbsp I was using my laptop just opened another tab on Chrome and typed something in to search on Google when it happened My internet started to go and I wasn't sure what was wrong After minutes of no loading I tried to close the internet but it wouldn't work nor would trying to switch programs or start Task Manager nbsp nbsp I shut the computer off by holding power button nbsp When I rebooted I got this nbsp Boot Device Not FoundPlease Install an Operating System on your Hard Disk nbsp Hard Disk F nbsp nbsp Press Esc for blah blah nbsp nbsp For more info go to www hp com go techcenter startup nbsp Now I've found a few topics and people have been saying that it's a software error and I need to ring up HP Pavilion G6 Series- Boot Device Not Found Please Install ... for a replacement Hard Drive bit late but will call up tomorrow and others have said it doesn't definitely mean it is the HD the problem is also cause by a failure in some chipset in the mother board nbsp nbsp I've pressed F for System Diagnose nbsp Got these OptionsF System info nbsp Copied everything here so if you need any of this just ask F Start-Up Test started this but was taking too long cancelled and it said 'Test cancelled' and also something about HD Failure F Run-In TestF Hard Disk Test Failed - Hard Disk Does Not Exist F Error Log nbsp I've also put the Hard Drive into my external Case I have for it nbsp Plugged that into another computer and it doesn't seem to pick it up nbsp nbsp Now Please note I have an external hard drive case nbsp to use my HD's outside of the Laptops and I also have an actual External Hard Drive which I bought online for or something like that nbsp nbsp Now what I've done I plugged in my External HD and Started computer Pressed F went to boot options changed the External so that boots first not the internal Restarted and it works nbsp nbsp I need to know if I'm actually booted from my External or my Internal that maybe works now nbsp nbsp It has ALL of my documents and still has the password to log into my user account too nbsp nbsp I'm not sure if it's just because I backed everything up less than a week ago or what nbsp nbsp I need help finding whether I'm booting from internal or external and also help with maybe fixing the internal nbsp nbsp Update AM OCT nbsp Update on the above Striked out - It turns out the computer was just deciding to find the Boot for some reason after me going into BIOS It temporarily fixed after literally no changes once I changed the boot order to my External HDD that worked and changed it back etc So it fixed twice nbsp nbsp I did a Factory Restore and this fixed it but only temporarily It broke again a short while later nbsp I have now installed a new copy of Windows in the hopes that this will work It has been ok so far after one restart usually takes to kick it off again or just when using the computer it crashes nbsp Will keep you updated on whether this has fixed it or not nbsp nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp nbsp

A:HP Pavilion G6 Series- Boot Device Not Found Please Install ...

I'd like to add some more info to my post.  I was asking if I was actually booting from my external Hard Drive. The answer was no. For some reason, the computer had fixed itself temporarily, and was booting perfectly fine for about 30 minutes.  It did this twice, before completely stopping again.  I rang HP earlier, to try to ordewr a replacement HDD. I waqs informed that all I needed was a new copy of Windows 7, as I didn't have the Windows 7 disc (it was ex-display model laptop, no copy was given) and they would send a technition round to my house to install it with a CD.  I'd be charged for this ofcourse, apparetly, if I were to go to a computer shop I'd be charged 80 pounds for Win 7 and and extra 70 for installation and fixing the laptop. The man on the phone seemed very wary on telling me the price and I never actually got an estimate.  He gave me a number to call so I could get a Tech sent out, but the number didn't work.  So I rang up the computer shop I love - they are always looking out for you. I explained it to them and what HP Help had said.  My computer shop guy said that It could either be my copy of Win 7 has become corrupt and needs re-installing (but he doubts it is this as it would say 'File is missing', not 'Boot device') or my Hard Drive software has a problem and will need replacing, which it is most likely to be.  His estimates for fixing where - If only Win 7 needs replacing will cost me 30 pounds for that, or if the Hard Drive and Win 7 then it will cost me around 60-70 pounds.  I'm currently burning a Windows 7 Recovery disc to see if that works. If not, will take to the computer shop and keep you updated.   - No offence3 to you HP, and I'd like you to know that I do love my computer to bits, but the computer shop guy did say HP are cr*p as they have fancy shells but the insides are pretty bad and they cost a fair bit to repair. Bare in mind he said this 5 months ago when I had my first couple of problems with it and was buying a spare Dell.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-G6-Series-Boot-Device-Not-Found-Please-Install/td-p/1906911
Relevancy 69.66%

problem started within the last two weeks. PC just started boosting fan noise and then just blacked out. now each time i turned it on, it will give me 2 options prior loading system: 1) start-up repair - recommended, and 2) start windows normally. i've tried both but it just blacked out every time after a few seconds so i never got to the welcome screen.

i already tried these:1. replacing hard disk with one from broken PC and same problem as above. 2) corrected modem fan because it got fixed the wrong way by someone when they replaced the burned power supply. 3) re-seated the 2 ram sticks. 4) hooking hdd cable onto another slot on the motherboard.

maybe it is also important to note that pressing power button turns on the computer but the power-on light never even blinks or stay on except the hdd light which eventually goes out after a moment.

please help.

regards and God Bless,

A:system boot failure on HP Pavilion P6000 series

If I was a betting man, I'd say you have a faulty power supply.

I realise you've already had one replaced, but I still think you should get it checked out and work from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/227720-system-boot-failure-hp-pavilion-p6000-series.html
Relevancy 69.23%

After upgrading to windows 10 i get tinny, hollow, very low sound and cracking bass from my Pavilion g series laptop speakers. I know it is related to the upgrade because just before the install and forever since i bought the computer the sound has been clear and booming.  Very frustrating. Please help. Mark  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Poor-audio-from-my-Pavilion-g-series-laptop-after-windows-10/td-p/5663573
Relevancy 68.37%

Okay so I'm not technologically savvy but I'm guessing to make most of the games that I download to actually run, I need a better graphics card?

Whenever I play games with decent to good graphics, my system just won't function right. They lag until my computer freezes and stuff. So I just wanna know what I can do to actually play games.

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC
Rating: 3.5
Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz 1.67GHz
Memory RAM: 2.00 GB
System Type: 32-bit operating system
Windows Vista Home Premium

I'm not sure what other info I would need to show you guys
I'm willing to spend around 150 or less dollars on stuff I would need to make this computer run better for games

oh my power supply:
Its a replacement AC adapter
Input: AC100-240V 1.2A 50/60Hz
Output: 18.5V 3.5A

Thanks in advance

A:HP - Compaq Pavilion dv6700t Series Laptop/Notebook what i need for better gaming?

Up the system memory to 4GB and upgrade Vista 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-compaq-pavilion-dv6700t-series-laptop-notebook-what-i-need-for-better-gaming.158834/
Relevancy 67.94%

Please can someone help? My laptop has been slow, noisy and basically unusable for about a year, to the point that I have just stopped using it altogether, until today. It is slow to load, the internet is slow, I can only enter my password in safe mode and I'm up to date on virus checks and have deleted so much it's almost empty. Short of throwing this useless piece of metal out the window, I'm lost for ideas! Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-g-series-laptop-slow-noisy-error-mess-re-HPTools/td-p/5753735
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey guys Getting so frustrated as I don t know much about computers tech talk and I have a ton of uni work to do Anyway I use a HP Pavilion G series laptop Pavilion G it starts up perfectly normal leave it minutes to start up and to load once I ve opened up whatever it is I am doing e g Microsoft Word Doc Google YouTube Facebook - not all at once - I get the Blue Screen with the stop message of A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent further damage to your 0x00000116 Series Laptop G Blue PLEASE Screen HP HELP! stop Pavilion showing message computer Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps HP Pavilion G Series Laptop showing Blue Screen stop message 0x00000116 PLEASE HELP! Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue diable or remove any new installed hardware of software Disable BIO memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x xFFFFFA B F E xFFFFF AC C x x atikmpag sys - Address FFFFF AC C base at FFFFF ABB datestamp e ea d It s happened times in the last hours I ve uninstalled any recently downloaded software in case it s harmful and I ve just done a windows update following the message that popped up on my screen which prompted me to restart my computer in order to complete the updates Please help someone who hasn t a clue about tech-y stuff Much appreciated x nbsp

A:HP Pavilion G Series Laptop showing Blue Screen stop message 0x00000116 PLEASE HELP!

1. welcome to Tech Support Guy
2. Open the windows folder
open the minidump folder
right click on the latest dump file in that folder
hold your mouse on the entry send to
on the next options that open will likely be send to compressed file
if you left click that it will usually ask do you wish to place on desktop
then attach it on your reply by clicking go advanced and manage attachments
3. What OS please in full eg windows 7 / 8 / 8.1
and which antivirus please
I've uninstalled any recently downloaded software in case it's harmful Click to expand...

such as please - why would you opine that it may be harmful
All I have is what you tell me so I need the details please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-g-series-laptop-showing-blue-screen-stop-message-0x00000116-please-help.1146985/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, My Lenovo N200 laptop has recently started powering off during the boot process.

This happens consistently when the windows xp "loading screen" is displayed with the green loading bar.

I can get passed this stage in the boot if i turn on laptop and enter BIOS for a couple of minutes.

I have also noticed that a fan is audible as "whirring up" when the problem occurs but is not audible when xp boots normally.

I really dont know what the issue is, any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

A:Laptop powers off during xp boot

It might be dusty and overheating or this could be a thermal shutdown. The CPU may be getting to hot. You can used a compressed air or vacuum it. Then try running it on a cooling mat.

Hope this helps.. Good luck

Dias Web Design

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300106/laptop-powers-off-during-xp-boot/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I have a month old Sony Vaio Laptop which last night on boot. but Laptop won't powers decided to give up the ghost When I power it up it turns on I hear the hard drive come on an the fan start up I even get a flash or two from the processor light But then nothing the screens stay black and other than the power light the fan and the hard Laptop powers on but won't boot. drive there are no signs of life Any ideas would be gratefully recieved This is what I have tried so far Initially I thought that it was the screen but when I attach it to an external monitor the problem Laptop powers on but won't boot. persits Also if it was just the monitor and the system was booting correctly the NUM and CAPS lock lights would come up eventually which they don t As I can hear hear the disc drive checking for discs I Inserted Vista disc in an attempt to boot from CD No luck Removed battery left for minutes or so I then inserted the power cable and held down power button for minute Apparantly this should initiate a hard reset although I m unsure if this is true or not but I thought it was worth a shot at this point Now i m desperate I open the beast up and check it s not been bathed by one of the kids I also checked for any obvious signs of damage or cables having worked their way free All seems fine Booted whilst holding function key and F Suspended it in a nice hot cup of tea unfortunatley no finite amounts of improbaility were produced Nor did it boot up nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

My laptop is powering off directly after the loading screen for Vista. I can load safe mode (from where I am writing this), however, I cannot use the DVD drive to read any disks (such as the Vista disk for repairs...), as it also powers off when I put in a CD/DVD.

Furthermore, I cannot boot from a DVD either, as it powers of before the boot process, if I power up the computer with a disk in the DVD tray. This is before even encountering any OS installation (seemingly).

What can possibly be the issue?

Would it be safe to uninstall harddisk drivers for a reinstall, or could I risk losing data or ability to boot up if I do that?

A:Laptop powers of during Vista boot

Hi -

Given that you can boot into SAFEMODE, a start-up app may be responsible. Use MSCONFIG to troubleshoot.

See "Step 1: Start the System Configuration Utility" --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-powers-of-during-vista-boot-472852.html
Relevancy 66.22%

My issue is best described in this video - http www youtube com watch v Yt-bFeeS Ls I have an Acer Aspire - Windows AMD Processor Bascially I power on my laptop The power light boot but powers doesn't up. Laptop on is on I hear it begin to run but it doesnt begin to boot up windows or anything and I m staring at a blank screen So I tried doing a hard reset draining the bios by removing the battery and holding power connecting to an external display and removing RAM All Laptop powers on but doesn't boot up. did not work What is very odd is my universal power adapter was set on v instead of v like it should be My friend set it back to v and it powered on so I thought that was the issue I had a working laptop for about a day and then the issue reoccurred I ve tried using my stock power adapter as well as the universal one and no adapter at all Still have the same issue It s weird that it randomly stopped working began workign again and now is not working again What is the problem and what is the solution All help very much appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop powers on but doesn't boot up.

'fraid to say it doesn't look good at all. If it were just your hard drive that were the problem you'd at least have a message from your BIOS saying something along the lines of "Operating system not found". The lack of any BIOS activity at all indicates motherboard failure (assuming you're certain it's not a display issue, but it doesn't sound like it to me).

24V input on a laptop designed for 19V is a massive difference, though: never more than 0.5V above or below is the rule of thumb. I'm not sufficiently qualified/experienced to tell you that you cooked your motherboard, but experience tells me your mobo is cooked nonetheless. I've had two laptops die due to motherboard failure - the first simply stopped working from one second to the next, but the second died a slow and painful death where it simply became less and less reliable, until it finally stopped booting in the way you describe. The point being that readjusting the voltage on your power adapter may have been enough for one last power-on, allowing you and your laptop to say your final farewells.

Anyone else care to chime in and confirm/reject my suspicions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-powers-on-but-doesnt-boot-up.1118879/
Relevancy 66.22%

Last night before bed I put my laptop to sleep Tried Toshiba won't boot. but laptop on powers to wake it up this morning but it did not boot up The power light AC light and Battery light all remained on but the hard drive light blinked only for a second before going blank I have Toshiba laptop powers on but won't boot. tried turning it off and turning it back on and I only get the same result I have tried just about everything I can find on the Toshiba laptop powers on but won't boot. internet Holding the power button down for - seconds without being plugged in and without the battery switching out the RAM in all combinations taking out both hard drives and switching them around as well but to no avail I had a friend try my RAM on his computer and it worked fine so we know it is not the ram The thing that seems strange to me is that it was running totally fine last night but after I put it to sleep I haven amp t been able Toshiba laptop powers on but won't boot. to do anything I am just about to get to where I need to crack open the case and get into the motherboard but if anyone knows anything that could work before I go this far please give me your suggestions My laptop is a Toshiba x -s Any help is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I have Acer Etensa with factory installed Vista Laptop up powers boot install Please during down xp Help: Home Premium on it It had been giving me many Please Help: Laptop powers down during xp install boot up issues with functionality hangs etc Recently after almost year and even with McAfee full version it caught a bad virus and computer began hanging playing TV ads hanging while shutting down restarting etc and I had no clue as to how it got in my laptop in the first place Anyways after I thought I had enough I decided to install XP professional bit on my laptop Everything seemed to be going smoothly I had also made backup Please Help: Laptop powers down during xp install boot up of my drivers I was advised through posts online to do clean install since xp cant override vista I changed the BIOS boot up to CD first and then formatted the C drive drive on which Please Help: Laptop powers down during xp install boot up vista was installed previously After formatting xp started installing and the laptop powered down by itself At the instant of powering down it had just began the setup in the more graphic stage I am not a computer guy so dont know the terms forgive me This was after the booting up and installing of components was over and I could see the windows XP logo The laptop has also powered down many times while in the boot up stage as well I again powered the computer back on changed the BIOS boot up to HDD again and it went again to the setup said setup will be resumed after displaying xp logo and the same thing happened again Oh and it displayed an error message right before it powers down at this stage saying something about some library maybe DLL I am not sure what is going on and would greatly appreciate any help The XP CD I have is a full version and legal Now I am left with a laptop which powers down every few minutes into the install The configurations of my laptop are AMD X GHz x GB ram GB HDD ATI Radeon Not sure what the other specs are but can look'em up if needed

A:Please Help: Laptop powers down during xp install boot up

Quote:

Originally Posted by yashsharma91

Hi, I have Acer Etensa 4420 with factory installed Vista Home Premium on it. It had been giving me many issues with functionality, hangs, etc. Recently, after almost 1 year, and even with McAfee full version, it caught a bad virus and computer began hanging, playing TV ads, hanging while shutting down/restarting etc. and I had no clue as to how it got in my laptop in the first place.
Anyways, after I thought I had enough I decided to install XP professional 32 bit on my laptop. Everything seemed to be going smoothly (I had also made backup of my drivers.) I was advised through posts online to do clean install since xp cant override vista.
I changed the BIOS boot up to CD first and then formatted the C drive (drive on which vista was installed previously). After formatting, xp started installing and the laptop powered down by itself. At the instant of powering down, it had just began the setup in the more graphic stage (I am not a computer guy so dont know the terms forgive me. This was after the booting up and installing of components was over and I could see the windows XP logo).
The laptop has also powered down many times while in the boot up stage as well.
I again powered the computer back on changed the BIOS boot up to HDD again, and it went again to the setup (said setup will be resumed after displaying xp logo) and the same thing happened again. Oh, and it displayed an error message right before it powers down (at this stage) saying something about some library maybe DLL.
I am not sure what is going on and would greatly appreciate any help. The XP CD I have is a full version and legal.
Now I am left with a laptop which powers down every few minutes into the install.

The configurations of my laptop are:
AMD X2 1.9GHz x 2
2 GB ram
120GB HDD
ATI Radeon
Not sure what the other specs are but can look'em up if needed.

try installing again. let the windows iinstall disc format the drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/please-help-laptop-powers-down-during-xp-install-boot-up-396729.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi. I have a old Dell Inspiron 5000 Laptop and its having some issues. First of all, during the boot process, It'll freeze up. It happens at various stages (shortly after POST, During Windows XP boot Splash screen, during XP welcome screen etc.) I've also noticed that any movement of the laptop causes it to freeze as well sometimes. Also sometimes when i try and power it on, the screen will flicker vertical lines for a few seconds and just remain a black screen. Another issue is that When i power it on, the fan inside won't even come on and then sometimes a few seconds later it will cut off and then come back on (sometimes if i tilt it a certain way). I suspect a loose connection at the motherboard maybe. I have no idea how to dismantle a laptop (Only desktops) so any help much appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-freezes-on-boot-screen-flickers-and-powers-off-and-on.863165/
Relevancy 62.78%

Dear everybody! I'm going to buy more 8GB Crucial ram for my laptop. Currently i have 4GB. So i will have 12GB ram total. So Could anyone give me some advices about this. Is it ok ? Is it compatible with my device ?  Thank you.  

A:HP-Pavilion-17-f100-Notebook-PC-series - HP Pavilion Noteboo...

@0xaddr? Memory Supports the following configurations: ? 12288 MB (8192 MB×1+ 4096 MB×1; not supported on computer models with a 32-bit operating system) Your manual here. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04427554 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-17-f100-Notebook-PC-series-HP-Pavilion-Notebook/td-p/5748896
Relevancy 61.06%

Yesterday, after work, i put my laptop in sleep mode and this morning i found, that my laptop was turned off. When i tried to turn it on, i could hear HDD and fan spin up for about 0.5 seconds. After that, everything went silent and about 4 seconds later, laptop repeats booting process. As a result, system won't boot after countless attempts. Hard reset had no effect. After doing some search on internet, i found that it could be "automatic restart after hardware failure". Can anyone at least explain, what could be the problem or should i just get laptop to service?

A:Inspirion 15 3000 series laptop won't boot

I'd suggest you power off notebook, disconnect AC adapter and all Peripherals. Remove battery, press "Power On" button for 15 seconds, and then release. Replace battery, AC adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully computer works normally
I'd also suggest you run diagnostic tool on the system. It will scan for any possible hardware problems on the system. Please follow steps below:
1.Power off system.( Make sure AC adapter is connected to system)
2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F12 key continuously. You should be in the diagnostic screen. After the quick tests, run the full tests as well. Report back any error codes.
Running Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics
https://youtu.be/WDpvQ3qwy1c

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986815
Relevancy 59.77%

I just bought a new Inspiron 15, 5000 series, I just took it out of the box, plugged the AC adapter in , started the setup and the laptop is stuck on the opening screen, it shows my name and the rotating dots, it's been doing that for 30 minutes already. Doesnitbtakevthat long to do the initial setup?

A:New Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop, won't get pass the initial boot

try taking the battery out unplugging the charger and then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and then  put battery back in plug charger up then press power button and see if that may fix it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984728
Relevancy 58.91%

My problem started when I got a new monitor a two to three years ago and it has gradually gotten to the point where the Pavilion powers doesn't but Elite come on monitor up monitor never nbsp gets any signal from the PC or just a small flash at the top of the Pavilion Elite powers up but monitor doesn't come on screen nbsp I have tried three nbsp new monitors replaced the motherboard powersupply cpu chip video card and the CMOS battery and the operating system Windows reinstalled two times This last time which was done at Office Depot last week is worse that it was before nbsp Before it would come back on sometimes now not at all nbsp nbsp When I was on the computer and it timed out the picture would not come back on One of the techs working there thought it was in the settings and his PC was doing the same thing as mine nbsp Anyone know what setting nbsp it could be nbsp I would appreciate any suggestions that would help nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Pavilion-Elite-powers-up-but-monitor-doesn-t-come-on/td-p/5741848
Relevancy 58.91%

I have an HP Pavilion a n here with what appears to be a MB failure It powers up for about seconds starts the post and displays the first BIOS screen then the screen goes blank and the system shuts down So far I ve done the following Tried a new P S Tried new memory Removed the only expansion board a modem Cleared the CMOS and made sure the battery is good v Removed the memory and started it it notices and starts the memory error beeps before shutdown Removed the CPU fan lead it notices and flashes the error message up before the shutdown Solved: Pavilion powers down spontaneously HP a1240n I m running out of things to try other than the MB Pulling the power on hard disks and CD s changes nothing The only thing attached is a display and a keyboard and even with those not attached it still powers down in a few seconds Anything else someone can think of that I ve overlooked nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

HP paviulion will not boot up. When I push the power button, the unit lights up and sounds like it is going to boot up then nothing happens. What can I do?

A:HP pavilion will not start up. the unit powers on when butto...

hdfchris Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums! Sorry no one responded sooner ...I read your post about your slimline not starting and wanted to help. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can perform to see if the problem can be diagnosed:HP Desktop PCs - Computer Starts but Monitor Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer SupportHP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8) | HP® Customer SupportGood LuckI am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.========================================================================If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-pavilion-will-not-start-up-the-unit-powers-on-when-button/td-p/5569107
Relevancy 58.48%

My friend s hp Pavillion dv is currently under my care For sometime she says the laptop would get caught in a loop by which the power for the Powers Up, Down... Solved: Laptop Laptop Powers laptop would come on momentarily then power down Then power up then power down Etc Nothing displayed No POST No nuthin But if one depresses Ctrl Alt Del it stays powered on but do nothing else until it powers down and stays off after a few minutes of this suspended state Note we haven t even gotten to POST ever so no boot screen Vista Safe Mode etc Solved: Laptop Powers Up, Laptop Powers Down... I stripped it down--removing all memory modules the hard drive drive runs contents are intact and the optical drive Upon start up the same routine took place and there were no beep codes I followed Solved: Laptop Powers Up, Laptop Powers Down... the instructions for resetting the BIOS Pull battery Tested Solved: Laptop Powers Up, Laptop Powers Down... it VDC registering I ve done this with battery only power adapter only and both I get the same results regardless So the question Is it dead My opinion Yep The anomaly that keeps me wondering and this may be just nothing Why should Ctrl Alt Del do anything Maybe just answer the first question nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I've checked the mother board, could not see any obvious damage like burned or swollen components, and checked all connections, nothing loose. Also checked the power supply and it is working. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 56.76%

Folk Boot 7 HP Pavilion Laptop cannot DV4 Windows nbsp Laptop HP Pavilion DV4 Windows 7 cannot Boot Hello I am using Laptop HP Pavilion DV whose OS is Windows The machine runs correctly for quite a few years nbsp Today while I am working the light on the machine become Red The screen becomes Black I press any key nothing happens The machine is Dead I press the power button but the machine cannot turn off I have to take off battery to power off the machine nbsp I press the power button again the light on the machine is Red nbsp The keys Cap Lock and Num Lock have White Laptop HP Pavilion DV4 Windows 7 cannot Boot Light flashing on and off constantly The Laptop HP Pavilion DV4 Windows 7 cannot Boot screen is black and cannot boot up Windows I press any key but nothing happens I have to remove battery to power off the machine again nbsp It's the first time for me to confront this kind of issue It's not BIOS settings nbsp My question is How to solve the above error when press power button in HP Laptop Pavilion dv nbsp Windows nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-HP-Pavilion-DV4-Windows-7-cannot-Boot/td-p/5728624
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,

I am nt sure where to pput this thread. I have a HP pavilion laptop running vista and it will not boot up. when I press the power on button, I hear 2 sounds that I think is the hard drive but the hard drive light does not light. than the num lock light and the caps lock light constantly flash on and off and that is it. I do not get anythig on the screen. I am not sure if it is the hard drive or something else.

can you please let me know if you have any suggestions as to what the problem could be

thanks

Relevancy 56.76%

Granddaughters HP Pavilion Lap top running Windows won t completely boot Welcome Screen Appears Login screen appears but after logging in the HP Pavilion Completely Laptop Boot Won't screen stays black Cursor appears on black screen and is moveable At bottom right of touch screen where taskbar usually appears there is a keyboard icon and Norton Antivirus icon If I tap on the Norton icon the Norton window opens allowing you to check for updates etc however after checking it indicates there is no wireless connection even though wireless key shows green light In Safe Mode was HP Pavilion Laptop Won't Completely Boot able to start System Restore but it has been running for minutes so HP Pavilion Laptop Won't Completely Boot am not hopeful UPDATE System restore indicated I needed to re-start in order to install Windows updates however after restarting it just reboots back into Safe Mode with the same message that I need to re-start in order to install Windows updates A vicious circle Since welcome screen login screen and Norton window opens and displays it is strange Windows doesn t load Can start in Safe Mode by using MS Config in Task Manager but don t know what to do from there Any suggestions I can try Sorry I don t have more detailed information about the computer other than Windows nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, The laptop was not powered down cleanly and now won't boot up. I get an "unmountable boot volume" error when it tries its automatic repair. I get a "Hard Drive Optimized DST Check: FAILED" message when performing the System Extensive Test after pressing F2 when booting. [Failure ID: 9C7PVL-71189F-MFPWWK-61XB03]. I tried to re-install Windows 10 from the .iso I downloaded from the Microsoft website, and I just get a black screen after the "press any key to boot from CD/DVD" message. Thanks.

A:Windows 10 HP Pavilion Laptop does not boot up

Here is a summary of the failure code:Failure ID Tag9C7PVL-71189F-MFPWWK-61XB03ChecksumOKTest Date2016/10/29Failure Code307DeviceStorageIncludesFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveError MessageHard Disk 1 Optimized Unfortunatly you may have to replace the hard disk as there is a Hard Drive Failure.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-HP-Pavilion-Laptop-does-not-boot-up/td-p/5826955
Relevancy 56.76%

I nbsp have nbsp the nbsp HP nbsp pavilion nbsp notebook nbsp windows nbsp and nbsp I nbsp broke nbsp the nbsp boot HP and can't screen I pavilion see laptop bec... the won't screen nbsp about nbsp a nbsp year nbsp ago nbsp so nbsp I nbsp can't nbsp see nbsp the nbsp boot nbsp menus nbsp I nbsp have nbsp been nbsp using nbsp HP pavilion laptop won't boot and I can't see the screen bec... an nbsp external nbsp monitor nbsp and nbsp it nbsp has nbsp always nbsp worked nbsp well HP pavilion laptop won't boot and I can't see the screen bec... nbsp but nbsp now nbsp I nbsp can't nbsp see nbsp how nbsp to nbsp fix nbsp my nbsp computer nbsp from nbsp starting nbsp I nbsp did nbsp a nbsp hard nbsp boot nbsp but nbsp nothing nbsp happened nbsp and nbsp by nbsp having nbsp a nbsp broken nbsp screen nbsp I nbsp can't nbsp see nbsp any nbsp of nbsp my nbsp options nbsp on nbsp how nbsp to nbsp fix nbsp it nbsp It nbsp won't nbsp start nbsp up nbsp It nbsp sounds nbsp like nbsp it nbsp is nbsp but nbsp since nbsp I nbsp can't nbsp see nbsp the nbsp F nbsp or nbsp Boot nbsp menus nbsp I nbsp can't se nbsp what nbsp the nbsp screen nbsp may nbsp be nbsp saying nbsp to nbsp do nbsp PLEASE nbsp HELP nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-pavilion-laptop-won-t-boot-and-I-can-t-see-the-screen/td-p/5664482
Relevancy 56.76%

i have a hp laptop and it will not boot up. it is an xp machine and the lights come on and nothing else happens. please advise. thank you

A:HP pavilion entertainment laptop will not boot

In order to solve the problem, you are advised to write more about your system specification. And also when this thing happen and what exactly the problem. Is the computer fan spinning during boot? So it is just the monitor issue? Or only the lights are on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-entertainment-laptop-will-not-boot.67871/
Relevancy 56.76%

My brother sent me his zv laptop to try and repair the power connector He said that it wouldn t charge the battery and that he would have to move the plug around to get power After doing some research it seemed like a bad power jack which is a very common problem with HP s So I took the laptop apart and checked HP boot doesn't Pavilion laptop out the connector it seemed fine When I put it all back together HP Pavilion laptop doesn't boot it wouldn t boot My brother said that it worked before he sent it HP Pavilion laptop doesn't boot too me and I forgot to try it HP Pavilion laptop doesn't boot when I got it The power LED and all the lights on the keyboard would turn on the processor fans ran for about seconds then shut off and there was no display or HDD activity I figured the motherboard probably died which I was going to replace anyway After getting a used one from Ebay I put it in the laptop and it did the same thing So I grabbed a different processor and tried that No luck I have gone so far as to take the board completely out of the laptop and with just power and the display hooked up no RAM no HDD no keyboard and tried to boot Nothing The only things that have been common are the processor fans heatsink and the power supply The power supply voltage checks out ok about Vdc I am really at a loss as to what it could be Is there some reset on the board that I am missing I really don t want to put any more money into this thing My brother doesn t really want it back but I want to try to figure it out anyway Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-laptop-doesnt-boot.465207/
Relevancy 56.33%

my HP pavilion laptop operating on windows 10 will not boot.  It says it is performing diagnostics on my computer.  It has been telling me that for some time today.

A:my laptop HP Pavilion using windows 10 wiull not boot. The ...

me27 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about boot problems and wanted to help -- but need more information. First off, you mention running Win10 but that model PC comes in more than one OS version.  So, did yours come with Win10 preinstalled, or did you do the Win10 Upgrade? And, if you DID do the upgrade, what was the prior OS version and when did you do that? We can proceed once you provide the information.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/my-laptop-HP-Pavilion-using-windows-10-wiull-not-boot-The-HP/td-p/5728409
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello ,
i have a laptop hp pavilion dv5 with windows 7 installed and was working fine but yesterday it stopped booting and the messege displayed "press escape to enter bios setup" when the Escape button is pressed it stays there no further activity no matter how long i wait , i have tried all other buttons f1, f2 , f9 ,f12 but it displays the messege and stops , please let me know how to solve this issue, no any option working , any solution to htis would be very helpful.
Thanks

A:windows7 was installed in my laptop hp pavilion dv5 but does not boot

Hello and welcome syed mate power on and tap F10 it should bring up the BIOS go to Boot and set the had drive to first boot device then go to Save and exit and > Enter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/290727-windows7-installed-my-laptop-hp-pavilion-dv5-but-does-not-boot.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi just want to share this problem amp solution with others nbsp My laptop will not boot up without the battery inserted When I press the power button without the battery the power light is on the screen looked powered up [... battery up can't Laptop Pavilion Gaming 15 without HP boot but it's always black It will not HP Pavilion 15 Gaming Laptop can't boot up without battery [... load Windows or anything nbsp After I inserted the battery it worked Reading from the other posts I think it might be due to static nbsp nbsp What happened to me was - I have HP Pavilion 15 Gaming Laptop can't boot up without battery [... the habit of storing the laptop without its battery to conserve battery power - I stored my laptop without battery inside an Ikea PS metal cabinet - On top of the metal cabinet is a Samsung LED TV I watched for like hours - I think static was created amp it static charged the laptop nbsp The solution is from other post unplug the cord amp battery then press the power button of the laptop for maybe secs nbsp This discharges the static nbsp Plug the power cord back still leaving the battery out amp press the power button of the latop it should boot up

A:HP Pavilion 15 Gaming Laptop can't boot up without battery [...

Hi, Thank you for the info. Youve just performed a hard reset

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-15-Gaming-Laptop-can-t-boot-up-without-battery/td-p/5759881
Relevancy 56.33%

Spoiler (Highlight to read)    WINDOWS 10 FREE UPGRADE WHEN I FIRST INSTALLED WORKED WITHOUT A GLITCH FOR 6 MONTHS OR SO AND THEN THE SYSTEM STOPPED BOOTING. I REINSTALLED WINDOWS 10 YESTERDAY AND THE FUNNY THING IS THAT IT DOESNT BOOT AGAIN ON ITS OWN. AFTER I PRESS THE POWER BUTTON AND PRESS THE ESC BUTTON AND CLICK CONTINUE START UP ..IT BOOTS....... CAN SOMEONE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PUZZLE .. DONT WANT TO GO BACK TO WINDOWS 7 ..FEELS LIKE STONE AGE... THANKS AND REGARDS VATS

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-PAVILION-G-SERIES/td-p/5640263
Relevancy 56.33%

Dear HP community: Hello, and a pleasant day. I am having trouble determining what series is my HP Pavilion G6. Viewing the BIOS, my Product number is: A1Z40EA#ABZ. And using this Product number this website give me the model:  HP Pavilion g6-1267sl Notebook PC I wonder what sereis this model belongs to, is it 1000 series? 1200? The reason for this is because I want to purcahse certain parts in this laptop (the lid, and the palm-rest) Please advise.   Warm regards, Mark

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/What-series-is-my-HP-Pavilion-G6/td-p/5752877
Relevancy 56.33%

I HAVE A HP PAVILION G SERIES AND MY WEBCAM STOPPED WORKING AFTER THE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE. WHAT DO I DO?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/33e6533a-66ea-4aba-b23e-e06067671b82/hp-pavilion-g-series?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello My friends year old HP Pavilion laptop is taking an extremely long time to finish booting It seems to boot fine until you select a user account and log on The desktop and start-up apps seem to load in a timely fashion as well However if you try to launch any app taskmgr IE Windows explorer etc during the first - mins of operation the entire computer stops responding for min or so The app will eventualy start yet any other input will cause the computer to stop responding again After mins or so everything starts to function normally When I have managed to get taskmgr open Pavilion laptop time HP - boot long Inordinately the only activity seem to come from svchost csrss and occasionally some of the Symantec and Spysweeper Inordinately long boot time - HP Pavilion laptop processes She has run Norton Anti-virus and Spysweeper scans and Inordinately long boot time - HP Pavilion laptop found nothing I have also scanned it with Trend Micros house call Nothing looks amiss in the event viewer either A couple months back her registry became corrupt and the computer would not boot period I managed to manually restore the registry hives using the recovery console and the computer had functioned perfectly until weeks ago Here is the hijachthis log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Inordinately long boot time - HP Pavilion laptop WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared co... Read more

A:Inordinately long boot time - HP Pavilion laptop

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!

I don't think this is a security problem. The only thing I see is Java out of date.

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

Updating Java:

Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6.
Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
Click the "Download" button to the right.
Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
The page will refresh.
Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.
Check for Microsoft updates as well.

I'm going to move your post to the XP forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inordinately-long-boot-time-hp-pavilion-laptop.563358/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am having an issue with my G7-1075dx. Power light comes on, amber light of WiFi glows, fan starts up and runs, and that's it: Blank screen and no further boot. I've done all the 'hard boot' and hardware investigations that I can think of: replacing hard drive, removing and resetting RAM modules, etc. No help. I have seen possible solutions listed for a device running Windows 7. My laptop runs Windows 8. Has there been any solutions given for this problem? I see by perusing the internet that this is not entirely uncommon, and up to this point this has been a great computer to work with. Help!!!

A:HP PAVILION G7 LAPTOP WON'T BOOT. POWER LIGHT ON, FAN RUNS, ...

Are there any beeping sounds? Ram cards are correctly inserted?

I hope this helps!If you feel that I helped you, give me a thumbs up button and hit the "accept as answer" button so others can find the answer as well .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-PAVILION-G7-LAPTOP-WON-T-BOOT-POWER-LIGHT-ON-FAN-RUNS/td-p/4828561
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a HP Pavilion dv laptop that I had installed a new hard drive so then I can reinstall windows But with Pavilion drive HP laptop won't hard new boot 1000 DV when I turn on the HP Pavilion DV 1000 laptop won't boot with new hard drive laptop it will not leave from the the very first screen where it says quot HP Pavilion DV 1000 laptop won't boot with new hard drive HP invent quot where you can choose to go into the bios change boot sequence or boot from LAN HP Pavilion DV 1000 laptop won't boot with new hard drive I would try to get into the bios and it will just stay on quot please wait quot I would choose change boot sequence and it will say and freeze Phoenix NoteBIOS Release Copyright - Phoenix Technologies Ltd All Rights Reserved BIOS version F Build Time CPU Intel R Pentium R M processor GHz M System RAM Passed K Cache SRAM Passed System BIOS shadowed Video BIOS shadowed FIXED Disk WDC WD BEVE- A HT ATAPI CD-ROM TSSTsorpSD DVD ts M Now the wierd part is when I remove the new hard drive and boot it without any hard drive it will pass the post screen and ask me to plug in the ethernet cable Thank you in advance for any adivce nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv-1000-laptop-wont-boot-with-new-hard-drive.171863/
Relevancy 55.9%

So I have been having issues with my HP Pavilion Laptop crashing recently, and I thought I fixed it the other day by refreshing the PC through the automatic repair system, but today it crashed again and now isn't working at all.I looked up a few things on it, and got to a screen where I was able to test the systems in the computer, and nothing failed besides my battery, which I don't think would cause an issue like this.I currently just have it sitting on the screen it gave me through the automatic repair process, hoping its actually doing something. I'm assuming at this point it might be a corrupt operating system, and its currently running Windows 8. It was running 8.1 but after the refresh it went back to 8.Has anyone dealt with this issue in the past or can help me figure out how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-Laptop-won-t-boot-up-automatic-repair-just/td-p/5689212
Relevancy 55.47%

My hp pavilion g series is not loading ''google chrome'' , so is not letting me click on the app to open it, and am positive is not my WiFi because I got other electronics that are running good.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hp-pavilion-g-series-not-loading/td-p/5628977
Relevancy 55.47%

my laptop hp pavilion g series web cam is not working  please help me 

A:hp pavilion g series web cam not working

Refer any of the following weblinks for step by step troubleshooting to resolve the webcam issues depending on the Operating System you are using: HP Notebook, Touch, and AiO PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 8)Fix various WebCam problems on notebook delivered with and still operating the Windows 8 OS. HP Notebook, Touch, and AiO PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 7)Fix various WebCam problems on notebook delivered with and still operating the Windows 7 OS.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/hp-pavilion-g-series-web-cam-not-working/td-p/2821419
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an issue with my screen display on my HP Pavilion, it was stepped on and now boots up to only a horitontal flickering colored lines. It was closed at the time when it was stepped on. My question is do I just replaced the screen or does the problem go deeper? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

A:HP Pavilion G Series G7 - 1255dx

Try connecting an external monitor to rule out any issue with the video card/motherboard. Was there plastic case damage inflicted?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-G-Series-G7-1255dx/td-p/5641220
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everyone, i am new here.
I would be most grateful if someone would take a moment to advice me on the following:
i have an hp Pavilion 8284 with 17'' wide. All works fine when resolution is 1440*900.My problem is when i try to play a game and change resolution to reduce requirements(set lower than 1440*900) cursor movement pauses for a split second every 1-2 seconds - creating a lag or choppy movement . This problem is for all games. I have downloaded the latest drivers from hp 84.54 but nothing. I have tried old drivers, newest drivers but the same. I really need your help, thanx in advance.

A:Serious problem Hp pavilion dv8000 series Xp Sp2, really need your help.

Welcome to TSG....

What is the operating system on this notebook?

If it is Vista you have to make sure the game is Vista ready and compatible with Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-problem-hp-pavilion-dv8000-series-xp-sp2-really-need-your-help.618552/
Relevancy 55.04%

Okay so on some sites and programs when I have to use my webcam, everything goes smooth and works...until about 5 or so minutes in and my webcam turns off automatically and quits working. Skype, Omegle and Chatroulette are the sites I use that include the usage of my webcam. I am not sure if I need to update my drivers or something like that, I have looked around online to see what I can do, and have not found much help, so I figured I would come here and see if anyone can help me on this issue and future ones if anything else arises, thanks much!!
And hopefully I am posting this in the right area, if not please direct it there, thanks again!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-g7-series-webcam-issue.1051793/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello my hp pavilion g series has a blue screen. What should I do and also i have my recovery cds. i really need this hp for my school work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/hp-pavilion-g-series-has-a-blue-screen-645841.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I can hear my computer powering up, the fan comes on, but the top light doesn't come, the keyboard never gets power

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-pavilion-s5000-series-not-powering-up/td-p/5623091
Relevancy 55.04%

Forgot password how do I bypass it

A:How to bypass password on my HP pavilion p2 series

Bswaldon. Windows login or power-on password??? REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-bypass-password-on-my-HP-pavilion-p2-series/td-p/5619362
Relevancy 55.04%

Bluetooth is nowhere to be seen in W10, to which I upgraded recently. Ran a Driver Talent, but it did not show Bluetooth either.
Downloaded and installed INTEL Proset for Bluetooth for w 10. Not showing anywhere.
I wish to use AKG Y45BT wireless headphones.
any suggestions, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-not-shown-in-win-10-hp-pavilion-g-series.1164749/
Relevancy 55.04%

i got this the 400-224 Series HP upgrading pavilion slimline computr and it has a processor that doesnt fit what upgrading the HP pavilion slimline 400-224 Series i need it to do and a motherboard that dosent have any PCI so i am working with integrated graphics absolutly terrible i want to upgrate the processor but its sldered to the boardand i want to upgrade the motherboard but i dont know if i can which is why i am here nbsp under this statment i will list the products that i would like to install nbsp nbsp MSI A HM GRENADE with AMD A H microATX Motherboard - Socket FM FM nbsp EVGA -N - -L W Power Supply nbsp AMD A - K Trinity Dual-Core GHz Socket FM W AD KOKHJBOX Desktop APU nbsp PNY GT GeForce GT DirectX nbsp i want to know if i can install these into the pc and or if they are compatible with eachother- if not please do not sugguest any components above of the original product listed

A:upgrading the HP pavilion slimline 400-224 Series

@MSspark, welcome to the forum. HP has their motherboards made to their specifications.  Therefore, they are not the same as retail boards.  This presents a possible problem with upgrading to a different board.  The main problem is find a board that has the holes that match the stand-offs in the case. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/upgrading-the-HP-pavilion-slimline-400-224-Series/td-p/5836930
Relevancy 55.04%

I was just out of the country and after my lap top battery was dead I tried to charge with the European adapter which did not work. After I was able to connect to a regular outlet it charges but the screen stays black and it appears to be stuck in sleep mode.  I have read many forums and tried all sorts of things but nothing seems to get it out of sleep mode. Any advise would be appreciated.

A:hp pavilion g series's will not go out of sleep mode

Hello @Pacerguy, Thank you for posting on the HP Forums! I understand that your HP g series notebook is not responding when you attempt to bring it out of a sleep state. I am happy to help you resolve this issue. First, please perform a hard reset. Once that is complete, follow this sleep issues document along with the computer screen remains blank document: HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8) For more specific information, please provide the product number.Finding Your HP Product Model Number I look forward to the results!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-pavilion-g-series-s-will-not-go-out-of-sleep-mode/td-p/5594191
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

Got a HP Pavilion DV6700 series, model DV6811EO that is running Win7Pro 32bit.

Can not get the USB ports to work at all. Does anyone got a hint on the driver to use? HP do not support this modell, and there is no win 7 drivers for it at all.

The only error in device manager is the unknown device under USB. See enclosed picture please.

I tried all the chipset and other drivers on HP support for vista on this one, but with no luck.

A:HP Pavilion DV6700 series USB not working

Hi Banderaz, read my my post No7 Click Here

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/141882-hp-pavilion-dv6700-series-usb-not-working.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am having a problem looking for nearest hp service center here in Johor, Malaysia. Actually my hp pavilion g series cooling fan was damaged and I need some proper advice of where to find a service technician or service center in in Johor.Please, provide me some exact info.Best regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-pavilion-g-series-cooling-fan-spoil/td-p/5620284
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I'm searching for a new CPU GPU or APU for my hp pavilion g Primary i bought an g - sf with Intel Pentium Inside Intel Graphics HD and Go of RAM month after nbsp my mom bought an g - sf with AMD A- M Radeon HD Graphics Mhz with go of Ram I asked her for change our motherboard she accepted and i started to change the motherboard months later i bought Go RAM DDR in crucial site And with that i didn't have an good configuration i've searched my CPU socket but i didn't find it I'm now asking to you and i hope that i have some help nbsp nbsp Mod le HP Pavilion g Notebook PCR f rence SKU du syst me D G EA ABFVersion Num ro Type PC base de x Version du BIOS Date Insyde F Version du contr leur embarqu M moire physique RAM install e nbsp GoProcesseur AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics nbsp MHz c ur s processeur s logique s nbsp Thanks for help Eric nbsp Edit Finded my socket with CPU-Z FP but always in searching for better CPU

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Upgrade-my-hp-pavilion-g7-series-notebook-pc/td-p/5630769
Relevancy 55.04%

I get 69468630 and system disabled after entering the wrong Bios password thrice.Someone please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-pavilion-G-series-Bio-password-reset/td-p/5831392
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I have question about replacing motherboard.. I have motherboard from HP Pavilion 15-N072SG fully working. My friend have Pavilion 15-N207SA which is not working /when he insert the charger, the charger port light illuminates but when he press the power button it does not switch on/ So my question is can I replace motherboard in Pavilion 15-N207SA with a motherboard from  Pavilion 15-N072SG?  Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-motherboard-HP-Pavilion-15-N-series/td-p/5613296
Relevancy 54.61%

I seem to have a problem with the card reader in my HP dv ea laptop When i put my sony memory stick into the reader it is shown under windows explorer and assigned drive letter F - however if i try to open it it says quot please insert disk in drive F quot I have used this card in my laptop before and all worked just as you would expect then Although that was a good few months ago I did wonder if it was a write protect tab on the card but doesn t seem to be - that seems to be in the correct position in fact it doesn t matter what position it Pavilion HP DV2100 Card - series Reader is in Laptop is running XP MCE Sp and Card Reader - HP Pavilion DV2100 series is fairly well up to date with windows update maybe weeks out ish HP have suggested reflashing the bios drivers and installing the Card reader drivers which seemed like a good idea however didn t make any difference Haven t been able to check card in another machine yet or another card in my laptop for that matter ALthough the card does work just as you d expect in my camera nbsp

A:Card Reader - HP Pavilion DV2100 series

I've now tried another Sony Memory stick in the my laptop, and it has exactly the same fault, so looking more and more likely like it is something related to my machine rather than a dodgy card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader-hp-pavilion-dv2100-series.639014/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello guys, I need your help again. I have this Laptop from my friend and she wanted it to be reformatted. So I can't seem to find the exact model on this laptop because she don't have the box and the CD drivers and there's no single sticker labeled at the back except for the OS licensed key. Though I already look inside the bios and here's what I got.

Model: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
Product No.: LP224EA#ABV
Family No.: 103C_5335KV
Serial No.: CNF1172HMT

But still can't find the right one I guess, here's the link: Model: HP Pavilion g Notebook PC Product No.: HP Support & Drivers | United States which one of these is the right model?

Here's a shot taken inside the bios:

A:HP Pavilion G Series: Win7 Drivers 64bit

Ok I just found the exact model number underneath the battery slot.

Model: g6-1047se

here's the product:HP Pavilion g6-1000 Notebook PC series*-* HP Pavilion g6-1047se Notebook PC Product Specifications - c02824995 - HP Business Support Center

So my question now is, is it the legit download site of this laptop: HP Pavilion g6-1000 Notebook PC series*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center is it a legit HP site?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/259515-hp-pavilion-g-series-win7-drivers-64bit.html
Relevancy 54.61%

HP Pavilion 15-ab100 Notebook PC series (Touch)
Model # is 15-ab144cy  Serial # is (removed content) and Product ID is 9NE06UA

Notebook was purchased in February 2016 via QVC channel on cable.  (Home Shopping Channel) in US.

A few days ago, the notebook failed to power up.  Not a Windows problem.  It does not get that far. 

It would appear this is failing the "power on" test, as there is a series of 3 long beeps, but there is never any video displayed of any kind.  Obviously using the HP Support Assistant is not a viable option.

Can you advise where to connect with HP Support or how to address this issue since the notebook is only a few months old???

A:HP Pavilion 15-ab100 Notebook PC series (Touch)

Fill out the form here to start a support ticket. You will be given a phone number to call. https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Pavilion-15-ab100-Notebook-PC-series-(Touch)/8502...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-15-ab100-Notebook-PC-series-Touch/td-p/5630119
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone. I have halt code lock out code:  84942828Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Hp pavilion G6 series Halt code: 84942828

@GLEN1973? Enter    31620208 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-pavilion-G6-series-Halt-code-84942828/td-p/5653739
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys i would like to know what type of ram (MHZ? pc3-10600? ) should i but in order to be compatitable with the one i actually have (the one that my pc came with) Thanks a lot!!P.S. I already got a ram same but from another manufactuer and the technisian said that i have to get the exact same as the manufactuer that i have.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Updating-ram-for-my-HP-pavilion-p6000-series-p6710gr/td-p/5681571
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello , I upgraded some time ago to a intel i3-2350m processor.According to the manual the highest i can go is Intel Core i5-2450M I found some post regarding an processor upgrade for another pavilion g6 laptop where upgrading to a highe processor i7-3632QM. Since the motherboard is identical (Model 1840 (u3e1) bios revision f.26 ) , will this upgrade work for me also ? Thank you !Alex

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Processor-upgrade-for-pavilion-g6-2000-series/td-p/5636753
Relevancy 54.61%

I am using HP Pavilion g6-1201tx Notebook PC and I have an issue regarding its webcam. After starting CyberLink You cam there is an error showing that No webcam detected. My webcam also not working on the other apps such as Skype, Facebook etc. I have check drivers as well but still not getting the solution. Please, help me in this regard......

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-g-Series-integrated-Webcam-issue/td-p/5853878
Relevancy 54.61%

I bought this pc a week ago but only noticed a couple of days ago that when V New And Problem Pc Series Mode Hp Pavilion Sleep the machine goes into sleep mode I cant wake it up properly I thought that it was my wireless mouse at first so changed to the included non-usb one to see what would happen Ok here is what is going on The PC is a HP with a Intel reg Core CPU GHz CPU has Japanese Vista Home New Hp Pavilion V Series Pc And Sleep Mode Problem Premium installed gb ram NVIDIA GeForce GS etc When the PC goes into sleep mode and I try to wake it up I get the display up just fine but the mouse indicator is frozen Sometimes I get that dreaded BSOD and when I try to boot up again it wont I then have to go back into safe mode F and choose the second alternative which I think reads something like this in English abondon restore and reboot Having gone through that the pc boots up fine Can somebody please suggest what the problem might be and how to solve it please I have searched the web somewhat and have seen a post somewhere here that suggested that it may be connected to the graphics card I have tested the graphics card out and there seems to be no problem there and the drivers are the very latest Thank you in advance

A:New Hp Pavilion V Series Pc And Sleep Mode Problem

Please post the BSOD information as it will help us to isolate the problem.Where did you get the video drivers from? I generally avoid Windows Update and HP for video drivers - preferring to get them from (in this case) http://www.nVidia.com. Have you tried to roll the drivers back? Have you tried removing the old drivers completely, rebooting, and then installing the newly downloaded nVidia drivers?Is this 32 bit or 64 bit Vista? 32 bit Vista doesn't recognize all 4 gB of RAM (I've got it on 2 systems at home). Although I haven't noticed any significant problems with it, I'm starting to wonder if there's any drawbacks to using too much RAM on these systems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120128/new-hp-pavilion-v-series-pc-and-sleep-mode-problem/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey there nbsp I've been currently looking into upgrading my graphics card from my Radeon Sapphire HD gb GDDR model to a MSI GTX gb GDDR model nbsp My question is whether the card will actually fit into the case Mainly whether I'll be able to install it With my current card I have to slot it in at a diagnal before I'm able to actually fit it past the HDD Mounting bracket into the PCI-E slot It fits at least though nbsp The dimensions are as follows nbsp Radeon nbsp x x cm nbsp GTX nbsp x x cm nbsp nbsp My computer model is HP Pavilion p Series - nbsp p - ea nbsp ----------------------------- nbsp I'm aware of the PSU restirctions I have already upgraded to a w power supply But my main concern is whether I'd be able to fit it past P6 my into graphics HP card Installing Pavilion new a Series... that HDD Installing a new graphics card into my HP Pavilion P6 Series... bracket which goes the full height of the pc nbsp I've also taken note of the PCI - restriction of my board but that's not a massive issue for Installing a new graphics card into my HP Pavilion P6 Series... me at this Installing a new graphics card into my HP Pavilion P6 Series... moment nbsp nbsp ----------------------------- nbsp This morning has consisted of scouring the internet for this question with minimal success so I thought it better just to ask for a more direct result nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp Mr Baker nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Installing-a-new-graphics-card-into-my-HP-Pavilion-P6-Series/td-p/5800116
Relevancy 54.61%

The shift keys on my sister's laptop are refusing to work, both on the left and right side so she has no access to punctuation or any of the symbols.

Does anyone know of any quick fixes or shall I force her to take it back to pc world and make them fix it, excuse the lack of a question mark.

The laptop is about 6 months old, so it should still be working.

Any input would be much appreciated, and pretend there are exclamation marks there.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello

My laptop stopped connecting to my wifi at home and every time i run a test to see what is wrong it comes up with this message

"The Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems"

help please

A:My Hp Pavilion G series stopped picking up wifi signal

try downloading the wifi driver and install to your laptop. or you can write the error message into the hp main site and check if they have a solution for it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-hp-pavilion-g-series-stopped-picking-up-wifi-signal.1109807/
Relevancy 53.75%

I had to convert my HP6000 series desktop to its factory settings ,including Windows 7. Prior to having to do that, I had upgraded to Windows 10. I had made recovery discs. When I put in the discovery discs, it does not read them. How can I recover my files?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-pavilion-P6000-series-does-not-read-recovery-discs/td-p/5845603
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

I have run into problems finding the right driver to fix my MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-861H ATA Device, and I need instant help to resolve this issue, Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your prompt and usual help.

A:HP Pavilion dv6000 and/or dv6500 Series Notebook PC' CD/DVD Not Not detected

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-dv6000-and-or-dv6500-series-notebook-pc-cd-dvd-not-not-detected.727831/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an HP Pavilion DV7T-7000 Series Quad Edidion laptop, and the screen cracked. I need to replace it, but no sites have the full hd 1920 x 1080 version that I need. All they have to offer is the WXGA+ version (1600 x 900). I found this:

http://www.viewonetech.com/hp-pavilion-dv7-6090sf-laptop-screen/
Would this be compatible with my model? I realize it is not for my particular model, but the connector is on the bottom left, as mine is. If anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be helpful.

Relevancy 53.32%

My computer is making this VERY ANOYING clicking sound.  
Sometimes there's no sound then it will start and wont' let up.  I now turn my computer off every night and when I'm gond all day.  

I think it's the fan and the wires might be rubbing on it.  I have a SATA HD.

Serial No. [Personal Information Removed]

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Dobygirl

A:HP Pavilion HPE Series H8-1040 making loud clicking sound

Hello @doby101, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I read your post about the abnormal noise, and wanted to assist you! The issue may be related to the Hard Drive, or the fan.  You can try opening the tower, to see if there are any cables that may be interfering with the fan.  If everything looks good, then you can try performing the hardware tests, to check the system for failure.  You can use the following document to help: HP Desktop PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) Please post back with the results.  Let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!  Have a great weekend!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-HPE-Series-H8-1040-making-loud-clicking-sound/td-p/5601196
Relevancy 53.32%

The S Slimline case ARCHES ARCHES is designed to accept either mini-ITX mITX or mini-DTX mDTX motherboards mini-ITX Pavilion ARCHES2): Series Replace... s3000 (ARCHES, Slimline HP mm x mmmini-DTX mm x HP Pavilion Slimline Series s3000 (ARCHES, ARCHES2): Replace... mmWhat is DTX form factor http en m wikipedia org wiki DTX form factor mini-ITX form factorhttp en m wikipedia org wiki Mini-ITXThere are a number of mITX motherboards HP Pavilion Slimline Series s3000 (ARCHES, ARCHES2): Replace... to select from but the -slot mDTX motherboards available are small Not all new motherboards e g Intel series are suitable for this case Criteria to use in motherboard selection It is a good idea to examine component layouts of the original motherboard used in the case The HP Product page will have that information and pictorials or photos Clearances at rear of board for CD DVD drive installation Clearances height side and CD DVD for the CPU and its fan heat-sink Adequate internal USB headers motherboard to support the memory media pocket drive and USB port s on the front panel of S case ARCHES ARCHES Location of -pin ATX power connector and -pin ATXV connector for CPU power IF memory RAM is located at rear of board low profile memory may be required to fit underneath CD DVD tray Availability of mDTX motherboards Asrock has recently released May and October a couple of -slot mDTX motherboards that provides an Intel H upgrade path Dimensions are -in x -in mm x mm stated as micro ATX form factor Asrock H M-VG R Product Pagehttp www asrock com mb Intel H M-VG R Asrock H M-DG Product Pagehttp www asrock com mb Intel H M-DG -Slots on these boards - x PCI Express x Slot PCIE x mode - x PCI Express x Slot ECS EliteGroup Taiwan has a mini-DTX board H H -M V A released in July This board features an internal header for a RS- serial port and an HDMI port on rear panel http www ecs com tw ECSWebSite Product Product Detail aspx DetailID amp amp CategoryID amp amp Menu To Support New Motherboards a new FlexATX power supply will be required The original or watt power supplies were barely adequate for the original HP builds A watt model should be the minimum wattage selected I would highly suggest selecting a watt model IF you intend on installing a third-party graphics card Check power requirements Wattage of selected graphics card My local MicroCenter retail store had the Athena watt model AP-MFATX P http athenapower com product power-supply flex-atx ap-mfatx p on the shelf for replacement usage with Shuttle XPC and HP Slimline s ARCHES ARCHES computer cases Earlier Slimline s thread on power supply replacement http h www hp com t Desktop-Hardware HP-Pavilion-Slimline-S -Series-ARCHES-ARCHES -Power I hope this is useful for those HP Pavilion Slimline s owners considering upgrades to support MS Windows gb

A:HP Pavilion Slimline Series s3000 (ARCHES, ARCHES2): Replace...

I have found another Intel H81-series motherboard (mDTX form factor), this one from Asus, released in the last 6 months (3Q 2014).This board would be suitable for those HP Pavilion Slimline s3000 and s5000 case owners who desire to upgrade these computer cases for the latest Intel Haswell processors.The Intel i7-4790S, Thermal Design Power (TDP): 65W -- would be a very good choice; a balance of performance, thermal, and power usageASUS H81M-R/C/SI (bulk)Dimensions: 190mm x 170mmExpansion Slots:PCI Express x16 slot: 1x PCI ExpressPCI Express x1 slot: 1x PCI ExpressAsus H81M-R Manualhttp://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/H81M-R/E9548_H81M-R_Manual_web.pdfWhile this board is 13mm shorter than the 2007 AMD based mDTX form factor (203mm x 170mm), it does have 2 expansion slots. This would be a suitable replacement motherboard for those owners of HP Pavilion Slimline s3000 and s5000 Desktop PCs --- desiring an upgrade for Windows 8.1 or future Windows 10 operation.The rubber support strip at the bottom left of the case may require repositioning.IF required, carefully remove, and mount with fresh contact adhesive (cement). This will support the corner/edge of the motherboard.===How to Acquire this Board?It appears it may be sold for Serbian market ("R" suffix) since that is where I found it listed.http://www.ewe.rs/artikal/PLO01892/ASUS-H81M-RCSI-bulk/?category=193Contact ASUS USA, Component (Motherboard) Product Support: 1-812-282-2787Closed in observance of major national holidays.Monday ? Friday, 5:30AM ? 11:00PM PST;http://www.service.asus.com/#!contact-us/cw8zLikely a Bulk motherboard purchase (system integrators, companies like HP) would be required.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-Slimline-Series-s3000-ARCHES-ARCHES2-Replacement/td-p/4757692
Relevancy 53.32%

hi there, my laptop does not work properly it has a problem with start up,when i press the start button it does not start just i can c blank screen with my cursor moving around, i m really frustrated of this computer, its happening for last 1 week so pls tell me what should i do.

A:HP Pavilion g series, startup problem,hangs up, blank screen...

Could you please give me the exact model number of your notebook?You can use the following document if you need assistance in finding it. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-g-series-startup-problem-hangs-up-blank-screen/td-p/2228585
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys,
Very recently my computer has been crashing with the jagged lines of death. After it reboots, the screen becomes split up into multiple "instances" of one screen, very similar to if you select the "tiled" option in windows background. Example:
______ _________ |
|Normal | Normal Image|
|Image | |

Where the box around the outside is my monitor, and four "normal" images (i.e. the desktop, mouse cursor, etc.). No idea what is causing this, however, uninstalling then reinstalling the graphics drivers seems to temporarily fix this. If anyone has heard of a similar problem or knows what to do, please help!

Comp info:
HP Pavilion dv2500 series
NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS 64MB Dedicated Video Memory (from nvidia control panel info)
2GB RAM
160GB HD
Centrino Core2 Duo T7250 @ 2.0 GHZ
Windows Vista 32Bit Home Premium

A:HP Pavilion dv2500 series crash with multiple monitor instancing

this is videochip faulty(or video memory). afaik, since geforce 8400go, nvidia provides special MXMII videocards in most laptop models. so replacing seems to be simple, but in this model you can't do this. so you can replace MB or repair it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv2500-series-crash-with-multiple-monitor-instancing.106630/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello there I have an one year-old ASUS K S Laptop Windows Home Premium GB Ram and HDD At the beginning my battery lasted gt hours in Balanced power mode which is the one I alway use and now due to regular use it last about hours Everything normal until here About months ago battery Laptop at powers laptop unexpectedly 20% off problem: i started playing this game in full screen with the battery on and it last about - minutes until it reached Laptop battery problem: laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% the low battery warning left I would then plug the power on and resume the game charging the battery as well After a few weeks the warning stopped appearing in the desktop and the computer automatically hibernated left with the game still on So i plugged the ac power on and resumed the game right away This kept happening from that moment on every time i played the game it would reach battery left and hibernate for itself whereas it should appear the low battery warning at left where I would plug in the ac power and charge the battery without going into hibernation On top of that my sister kept stealing my ac charger for charging her Toshiba Satellite as she often forgets her own charger at her workplace Now at the present day when the battery reaches about - left the laptop power off unexpectedly as if I had pull the battery off of the laptop It must be from all those time it would reach left with the game still on that quot tired quot the battery and now it won't even last further than left It might be a problem with the battery or the ac charger that my sister used in another computer Both the battery and its respectively ac charger are the ones that came with the laptop Regards conhaqu

A:Laptop battery problem: laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20%

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/322523-laptop-battery-problem-laptop-powers-off-unexpectedly-20-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

It's a friends pc. I replaced the power supply but that did not fix it. It's not a virus cause it did allow me to install linux. So the cd rom worked through the install. The computer has a lot of dust in it. I was going to blow it out tomorrow. Could it just be dust? Any other ideas.

A:PC powers on/off during boot, wont complete boot

am not a pro but i know this much atleast cus i have already faced similar problem, the os goes to the loading screen takes long than usual to load and then reboots without getting to the welcome screen right? cleaning surely helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/89365-pc-powers-off-during-boot-wont-complete-boot.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently discovered that my PC which runs Windows XP is no longer booting properly When I switch it on the fans of the power supply motherboard and rear of the case all run but no vision is sent to the monitor and no lights are present on the motherboard or at the rear ethernet port The usual single beep from the motherboard is no longer PC but won't powers boot on present and the internal hard drives don't sound like they're doing anything PC powers on but won't boot The power and reset buttons on the front of the case are now no longer able to turn the PC off I've checked the internal connections for any loose ones but haven't had any success I also tried removing the memory chips from the motherboard one at a time and then both at once as a way to check if the motherboard or memory is at fault The PC had the same response with each of the memory chips running on their own and there was no error beep made by the motherboard when the computer was booted without any memory attached From what I can tell I might be in need of a new motherboard But any advice would be appreciated

A:PC powers on but won't boot

if you remove the RAM and try and boot you should hear a series of beeps to say there is no RAM installed. If you do not then that would indicate the motherboard is knackered.

Also beaware that just because lights come on it doesn't mean the power supply is ok. Try another one if you can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-powers-on-but-wont-boot-980842.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I run an online pc game world of warcraft When loading the game my pc would freeze Event manager logged the errors as amp I downloaded ccleaner and fixed the registry errors Problem solved no more crashing Game ran fine for awhile after the fixes to registry were applied Then at an in-game loading screen my pc crashed again Event manager logged the error PC won't boot powers and on Description for the event is as follows Unable to open the Server service Server performance data will not PC powers on and won't boot be returned I wiped an Activex file off the registry with ccleaner and boot the pc game just to see if it works While at the same online loading screen PC powers on and won't boot i always get to my pc froze and it reset itself Pc never booted after reset I manually powered off pc and turned it back on it powers on but wont boot I have x GB sticks of ram ive already swapped them out seeing if one was bad no dice no beep code either if that helps any other ideas nbsp

A:PC powers on and won't boot

hmm.. theres no easy answer to that question, the first thing you should do is to make sure your monitor is properly plugged in, I wonder if it could be a hard drive issue because your computer dosent boot... check out your hard drive and make sure everything is connected properly, all the cables are where they should be cause when I was installing my new PSU, the system wouldnt boot, my solution was that I needed a spare cable from my other power supply to connect to the hard drive cause the two that came with the PSU were put into the CD/DVD drive and another important place that I cant remember cause I was frustrated at the time. If that isnt the solution, then, ill try to think of another cause

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-on-and-wont-boot.131438/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a hp pavilion slimline s3000. It is just out of warranty and died! Go figure... When I power it on, the power lights come on, the dvd/cd drive light comes on, fan spins, but the screen stays blank with the "no signal" displayed. It will not boot up, no lights no sounds. I checked connections, and cleaned out dust. Ideas?

A:Powers on but does not boot

Ask the mods to move your post to either the Mobile forum or the General hardware forum. You'll in all likelihood receive help there because this sounds solely like a hardware issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/powers-on-but-does-not-boot.148062/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello All,

My desktop has ceased to "boot up". When I turn it on, it will restart itself quickly twice then beep once. It will remain powered up, but not boot into Vista (or the rescue disc). It sends no signal to the monitor, which insists it is it in "power save mode". I have tried attaching it to a different monitor, but the same problem persists, so I reckon it's the PC at fault.

The PC is a Dell Inspirton 530 desktop, with:

Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600
NVIDIA GeForce 8660 GT graphics card

I'm not sure what do to fix it. I have data on that PC which I need to retrieve! Could something have "burnt out" inside or become loose?
Cheers,

Irreloh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-powers-up-but-wont-boot.740855/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have Compaq Evo running XP A few boot Powers not up will but weeks ago it started hanging up more frequently than normal with the only solution disconnecting the power Yesterday after restarting I got the DOS script saying that I was having a problem and should consider starting up in safe mode or starting normally and going to a previous restore point When I tried to start normally I went bact to Powers up but will not boot the DOS page On about the third effort to restart all I got was a screen with Cmpaq s name and quot press F for setup press F for network quot Pressing the function keys took me nowhere Only way to proceed Powers up but will not boot was to disconnect the power Further efforts to restart continued to give me the same screen and occasionally just Compaqs name without the note about function keys I put the restore CD that Compaq provides in the D drive and the introductory screen came up advising me that if I wanted to continue it would reformat the hard drive and reinstall the hardware Since that was not my choice yet I started to move the cursor towards the cancel button when it locked up Only alternative was to disconnect the power On one more start I got the introductry screen without the cursor but on subsequent efforts even the introductory screen would not come up Now all I get is the screen with Compaqs name which I assume is part of the boot proceedure I do not get the note about the function keys Fans run lights on the drives flash but no action I disconnected the power to all drives and tried to restart but got the same results Just Compaqs name I assume that this is not a C drive or software problem I am a novice at this game but my guess is that my problem could be associated with the bios chip the power supply memory chips mother board CPU Since I do not have parts to start switching pieces out is there anything that I can do to elimanate some of the above and hopefully locate the problem nbsp

A:Powers up but will not boot

jackk

I'm sorry if I was clear enough in my previous post, but an early symptom was that the machine started in DOS. It has now progressed to a stage well beyond that. When I power up the computer, the fans start, and the HD lights blink, as if something is looking at them. However part of the time I get a black screen, and part of the time I get a black screen with a large orange word saying COMPAQ. I cannot go anywhere from there, or I don't know how to go anywhere from there.

At an earlier stage , the screen with the large orange COMPAQ also had the option of going to setup by pressing F8 or F10, or going to a network boot? by pressing F12. Now this option does not appear. When it did appear earlier in this problem period, pressing the function keys did not produce anything. The machine does nothing except display this one word.The only thing I can do is disconnect the power and try again.

I have put two different disks in the D drive to boot up. As my earlier post said, twice the introductory screen for the Restore disk by Compaq came up briefly, but would not run. It has not come up in the last dozen boots. After your post, I also tried the Windows CD but it was not run or found by the computer. All I get on the monitor is the word Compaq about half of the time. Then the machine produces nothing else, and I have no options except to turn off the power.

I believe that the display of the word Compact, and then the options to go to setup, are in the earliest stages of booting off of the BIOS. My machine is now stopping after the display of the word, and before the display of the setup option. Is this correct? How can I progress further?

Kind of sounds hopeless!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/powers-up-but-will-not-boot.100191/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys,

I am at a loss here. I got a PC that will power up but no boot into BIOS. The monitor will not come on either. All fans run the CPU warms up, (as far as I can tell by touching the heat sink) The hard drive is spinning too, but does nothing else. I switched the RAM already, to see if that is the problem. To no result. I know I had something like that happen before but I cant remember what I did to fix it.
Any hints or any tricks are welcome. Thanks

A:Everything powers up but it want boot!!!!

Have you tried the monitor on another system so we know it works. If it does work then the video card is bad or not enabled in the bios.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everything-powers-up-but-it-want-boot.692325/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I have an IBM Thinkpad i Series 1400 laptop. After about 15 minutes of being on it just powers off. Even though I have it plugged into A/C power it doesn't reflect that on the display. It shows the pic of the power cord with a lightening bolt threw it and says that the battery is 0% charged. Even though I have let it charge for hours. If the battery is dead can I not use it with the adapter???? I looked thru my handbook and in another section entitled "computer doesn't turn off" that they advise to switch to a full charged battery pack or A/C power". This leads me to believe that you can just use A/C power. Am I wrong? Just very frustrating considering that I have a PC that isn't running either that I have had asked for advice on here.

Thanks,

Jane

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Compaq Armada 700 and I'm running Windows 2000 on it. I recently replaced the original power supply a few months ago and lately, the computer just turns off in the middle of me using it. Sometimes, it will power back on, all by itself and then turn off again. There are also times that it will freeze before it turns off, and times that it just stays frozen until I have to unplug it to restart, because none of the keys will work. Could this be a virus that is unnoticed by my Symantec Antivirus and my Spybot? If not, what is it? I've even gone to a site that detects virus' and haven't found anything. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

A:Laptop Powers Off on it's on

Really does sound more like a hardware based fault.

Is the fan running OK?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-powers-off-on-its-on.560539/