Windows Support Forum

How to "Load Balance" without changing the IP?

Q: How to "Load Balance" without changing the IP?

I used RV042 10/100 4-Port VPN Router. I've configured the dual WAN, and enable Load Balancing for faster internet. But if I accessedhttp://ipchicken.com/ my IP Address is always chaging? How can I setup the router sticking to just one IP address?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to "Load Balance" without changing the IP?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to "Load Balance" without changing the IP?

Let me preface by saying....taking two circuits and using them at the same time, even with protocol management from the LB is most likely not worth the effort.

But for the sake of the argument, the first hurdle you have is that both circuits need to have static IPs. What type of connections are they?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-load-balance-without-changing-the-ip.205897/
Relevancy 51.6%

I just solved my own problem and thought others might benefit since I could not find the solution using internet search My Realtek HD Audio manager seemed to be creating an echo on my quot Line In quot HD Audio Realtek "line from effect) (if in" echo it Removing output sound not a is audio signal I had already set the environment and equalizer sound effects options to lt None gt but the echo persisted I found the problem seems that I was essentially duplicating the Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) Line In audio stream The first quot source quot I found was the HD Audio manager You can open the manager and view the Line In tab - mine had a non-zero playback volume the slider was NOT all the way to Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) the left for zero playback If you want Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) output from the HD Manager that makes sense I also found out a second Line In quot source quot It was in the Line In properties settings where I had checked off the option to quot Listen to this device quot When I disabled that the echo disappeared To view this Line In properties tab right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area then select Recording Devices yes quot Recording quot Then the tab will display in a window with the title Sound You should see the Line In device in the list Right-click on this item and select Properties The Line In properties window pops up Then select the Listen tab UNselect Listen to this device The echo should disappear if you re experiencing my problem I hope this helps someone I m just trying to help the community from which I ve received so much help grinthumb nbsp

A:Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect)

Two same signals

You're doing the right thing... getting rid of the other input signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-line-in-echo-from-realtek-hd-audio-output-if-it-is-not-a-sound-effect.178881/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a choice to make on a new monitor.

It needs to be VESA mountable and will be for strategy gaming and work purposes. Games like Wargame, Supreme Commander and World of Tanks. I work as a sysadmin so think lots of windows open!

Do I get a 24" monitor like this Benq (recommendations on a different one are welcome)

Or do I get a 27" monitor. If you think 27" what res would you recommend baring in mind I am sporting a 760gtx.

Thanks,

A:24" monitor or 27"

I think 1080P is the best bet for your GTX 760. 2560x1600 or 2560x1440 (27 inch panels) might be a bit too much. It is really personal preference whether you weant a 24 inch or a 27 inch. There are 1080P monitors in both sizes. I recommend Dell, BenQ, ASUS, Samsung, and ACER monitors. There are some other good ones, but I cant think of them off the top of my head.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/24-monitor-or-27.201808/
Relevancy 24.51%

Okay so my computer is manly for playing games but I ve been having a problem for quite some time that I & self it Bios GPU Usage Drops Changing & CPU can t seem to be able to fix During gameplay at some points totally randomly I start to have huge freezes both CPU and GPU usage drop insanely and following same do the fans this usually GPU & CPU Usage Drops & Bios Changing it self happens for or minutes sometimes even longer a simple relog from the game fixes it This also happens if let s say I go AFK from my game about minutes or so when I come back it s freezing ALOT I looked further into trying to fix this problem I tried almost everything until I had the idea to check my bios since I had previously overclocked my CPU not overclocked atm and surprise for me when I did a bios reset for default settings this is what I saw http postimg org image eoejxdyv That is changed by itself every boot And that is what is causing my GPU and CPU usage drops I have no idea why that is changing by itself at first I though it was AI Suite software from Asus that I had used before to overclock my CPU but even with that uninstalled it is happening I also thought about reinstalling my windows but I would rather wait GPU & CPU Usage Drops & Bios Changing it self for Windows to go public My Specs - Windows Pro - Bit - Evga Supernova Nex G Gold - Asus Z -Pro Socket - Intel Core i k ghz Ghz Turbo - Corsair Hydro H - Gigabyte Windforce R X GB GDDR - GB G Skill Ripjaw-X Mhz DDR Dual PS All drivers and software are always updated nbsp

A:GPU & CPU Usage Drops & Bios Changing it self

Have you tried changing the cmos battery? The bios will not hold settings if the battery is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-cpu-usage-drops-bios-changing-it-self.216095/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey there all.

This problem just happened recently. Every time I put a blank CD in my CD drive, a message appears saying "E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect Function. I can watch DVDs but it won't recognize any blank CDs I put.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

A:Drive is not accessible - "incorrect function"

First try this from the Windows Explorer after you have inserted a disc.

Right-Click on E: drive

Select Properties from the pop up menu

Select the Recording Tab

then check the "Enable CD Recording On This Drive" box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.166087/
Relevancy 24.51%

I changed my microphone jack to an inline jack for a recording project, how do I change it back?

A:Changing my jack back to a microphone

You may want to post your computers specs. Such as what os you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-my-jack-back-to-a-microphone.213539/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have scoured the from computer, sounds" can speakers "computing my hear my through I internet for a solution to this and have found nothing First my dxdiag is attached I have had this issue for over a year now and I am getting fed up If I put my ear to my pc I can hear computer noises coming from it I can not compare it to another sound as there is nothing else to compare it too it just sounds like my CPU or Hard Drive thinking That doesnt bother me though I expect my computer to make some noise HOWEVER I dont expect to hear it in my speakers too I have a lot of speakers and a lot of headphones no they are not I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers the problem Right now I am using a knappenberger tube hooked up to a GK MB just cuz I can When I plug in any speakers I can hear the CPU sound through them regardless of the volume level I can turn the speaker all the way down and yet the sound will come through This leads me to believe I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers it is a grounding issue or electrical to some degree I would like to try physically grounding my case to see if it would eliminate this God awful feedback However I can not find a guide as to I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers the best way to do this or any other suggestions So here I am Help me and earn my eternal gratitude Some notes If I unplug all of my cables except power and the speaker cable I still hear it if I plug in my speaker cable to my monitor instead of my PC I still hear it Front port still hear it I have yet to try a different sound card as I dont have one Once I find one I will update nbsp

A:I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers

Checked some settings in the Bios, noticed the sound isnt there while navigating it. Static started once windows loaded. Maybe it is some sort of issue with the hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-hear-computing-sounds-from-my-computer-through-my-speakers.202182/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?

A:"Network cable is unplugged" but its really not..

sadgyrl514 said:

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?Click to expand...

Try rebooting,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-is-unplugged-but-its-really-not.166539/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm trying to record some karaoke but every time I play back the recorded track, the music is "doubled" with a slight delay, as if the laptop's built-in microphone was picking up the music along with my voice. Here is an example:

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c58ef46c3

Notice how those staccato notes are doubled with that slight delay.

I'm using Windows 7 on a Dell laptop with Realtek.
Under Playback I have two devices: Loudspeaker (enabled) and Realtek Digital Output (disabled)
Under Recording I have: Microphone (enabled) and Stereomix (disabled)

I'm recording using headphones and the laptop's built-in microphone. This is what the Realtek Audio Manager looks like:

It's in German but most options are self-explanatory.

If you could help I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for reading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bleeding-when-trying-to-record-on-laptop.211024/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have been having this issue for about 2 weeks now. Ive literally tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling network card, restore points (there are none), a windows update download, and reformatting the hard drive (wont let me). Any help is appreciated. I cant afford a new pc or any new hardware at this time.

A:"Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. Cannot proceed."

failed to query tcp/ip settings of the connectionClick to expand...

what did you do when this occurred?

Describe network equipment {modem, router} ISP, and your system.

Connect it all together, get a command prompt, enter ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt
and come back here and paste the contents of myTcp.txt as your reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-query-tcp-ip-settings-of-the-connection-cannot-proceed.177223/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi my daughter tried to adjust the resolution and now the screen is Black and stuck on Out Of Range. I cannot even get it safe mode or anything. Just a black screen with the writting. It's a windows xp 32. My son is so sad if anyone knows what to do please help. Thank you.

A:PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

Repeatedly press F8 while the system is booting.. The very first stuff you see on screen will either be your motherboard splash screen or some text. When you get to the menu where you can make a selection, choose VGA mode NOT Safe Mode. That will boot your computer at 640x480, but it will boot with full driver support, just as if things were normal. Change the resolution to what you want after that.

Remember if you change it to something that goes 'out of range' DO NOT touch anything for 15 seconds. It will revert back to what it was after that time and you can try again.

Unrelated.. Go to school at UMR? or different Miner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-monitor-screen-is-black-says-out-of-range.210867/
Relevancy 50.74%

For the past month, Nvidia has faced its fair share of bad PR thanks to the GeForce GTX 970's memory allocation issue. As has been uncovered by users and explained by Nvidia, the GTX 970's last 512 MB of VRAM...

Read more

A:Nvidia CEO says GTX 970 memory controversy "won't happen again"

Again: the performance didn't change overnight; it's today the same performance than the advertised on launch date. Even that technicality can kill the case. Specifications were the "misleading" part.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-ceo-says-gtx-970-memory-controversy-wont-happen-again.209149/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi forum I have changed my power supply because my ex power supply involved in the problem specs was Watt Watt Real model GP B Green with that before it crash down my system was boot up correctly after I hit the Power On button on top of my chassis since a few days ago that I ve bought a new PSU with this spec Green Watt Real OC edition model GP B GOLD plus Gold now the problem is every time I want to turn on my PC first it doesn t boot up but it s powered on and all hardware are in correct position and nothing s weird just actually do nothing until I push or times Reset button or Power button from chassis and then after a while when it re-started again everything goes well and system will boot up perfectly note - new results and experience I decided to have had some tests so I told by myself let s check the computer when it s powered off recently and I did uninterrupted turn it back ON again so it worked I tried several times to power On and power Off shutting down from windows and it worked so I get that when my machine is powered off for half an hour or maybe several hours then it should be handle after my problem PSU changing Weird this problem Weird problem after changing my PSU which I mention and This test was a huge leap in my opinion pluralization - I m thinking maybe it refers to my new and fresh PSU maybe it has a new system delay interrupt or maybe optional Weird problem after changing my PSU setting that can help through this - maybe the problem is related to the cables I m not sure because I double checked the cables and all connections before - if problem is related to the Capacitors so in this case Capacitors are usually swollen but there is no sign of this condition I also double checked Capacitors for assurance - especially this PSU is the best kind of high power supplies and it s new no sign of ripple noise or any suspicious signs of its internal hardware - so we can say no MOBO suspicious no PSU suspicious no Graphics suspicious anything but only RAM at this point we can say maybe problem is refers to the RAM modules because I haven t test it yet and I hope it is nothing to worry - according to recent test we can assuming there should be a common setting or case that helping us through this because if there was a problem with any kind of hardware then why when I test it repeatedly ON OFF uninterrupted there was no sign of a problem and one more thing remember not to there is no sign or overheating of any kind of my hardware too I m always aware about this any help will appreciate in advance Thanks System Specs OS - Win Enterprise x CPU - i Video - GTX Mobo - Asus P X D Premium x chip RAM - GB Corsair XMP x GB MHz nbsp

A:Weird problem after changing my PSU

Any suggestion ? HELLOOOO?anybody's home?game time..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-problem-after-changing-my-psu.208889/
Relevancy 51.6%

As you've probably heard by now, Nvidia is having a few issues with their GeForce GTX 970 graphics card. In response, AMD has lowered the price of the card's main competitor, the Radeon R9 290X, in an attempt to get...

Read more

A:AMD cuts Radeon R9 290X price amid GTX 970 "issues"

Meaning AMD could have been selling the card cheaper this whole time.

AMD needs to stand more firmly in their business decisions. Changing prices on a whim every time the wind blows, shows lack of confidence in their product to sell itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-cuts-radeon-r9-290x-price-amid-gtx-970-issues.208450/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a mystery on my hands. I received a Bluetooth speaker as a gift. The BT-4.0 adapter plugged into my computer (USB-2.0 port) detects it (as a "Bluetooth headset"), but when I try to select it as my output device (from the "Sound" Control Panel), Windows reports it as "Disconnected".

If I open "Devices and Printers" and right-click the "Bluetooth headset" icon, I get an alert that the device "Failed to initialize".

I've tried rebooting, tried a different BT adapter, updated my BT drivers off the makers' website, Device Manager shows everything is connected & working (including "Bluetooth Audio").

64bit Win7 Home. Inateck BT-4.0 usb adapter. Speaker is a "MicroBoom" BT v2.1:
Any ideas?

PS: Eliminated the obvious. Speaker is fully charged and works just fine with my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-headphones-paired-but-disconnected-failed-to-initialize.207624/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello It may seem like a simple problem but I know nothing of the subject and I ve had the problem for ages Whenever I copy large files Movie size think MB the copy progresses very remaining" drives "5 sec Copying to/from stuck before for flash on 30 finishing seconds fast MB s until it reaches about where it gets stuck for about seconds to a minute and it says quot Time remaining seconds quot during all that time I have this problem with any flash drive in any USB port amp It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives which leads me to think it s a software windows issue Some vital information Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing The flash drive I mainly use is USB quite new and easily capable of MB s writing speeds It reaches about - MB s during the copy until the final point where it still says MB s but does nothing for seconds USB port is also and I ve also tried every single other port in my computer None are broken and none ever show any signs of being slow The flash drive is NTFS formatted but it used to be FAT I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong but there wasn t It s NTFS since I occasionally need files gt GB I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue but this way doesn t reach speeds of over MB s which takes even longer in the end It does fix the hanging at issue I tried converting the drive back to FAT which removes the issue of it hanging at but again the speed doesn t go above MB s which means it takes longer in the end making it not worth it What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end where it just magically gets stuck for seconds or more before finishing like nothing happened Please advise P S I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware nbsp

A:Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing

Marty9231 said:

Hello!

It may seem like a simple problem, but I know nothing of the subject and I've had the problem for ages.

Whenever I copy large files (Movie size, think 700MB+), the copy progresses very fast (~100MB/s) until it reaches about 99% where it gets stuck for about 30 seconds to a minute, and it says "Time remaining: 5 seconds" during all that time.

I have this problem with any flash drive, in any USB port (2 & 3). It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives, which leads me to think it's a software/windows issue.

Some vital information:

The flash drive I mainly use is USB 3.0, quite new and easily capable of ~150MB/s writing speeds. It reaches about 120-130 MB/s during the copy until the final point where it still says 130 MB/s but does nothing for 30 seconds.

USB port is also 3.0, and I've also tried every single other port in my computer. None are broken, and none ever show any signs of being slow.

The flash drive is NTFS formatted, but it used to be FAT32. I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong, but there wasn't. It's NTFS since I occasionally need files >4GB.

I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue, but this way doesn't reach speeds of over 20MB/s which takes even longer in the end. It does fix the 'hanging at 99% issue'.

I tried converting the drive back to FAT32, which removes the issue of it hanging at 99%, but again the speed doesn't go above 20MB/s which means it takes longer in the end, making it not worth it.

What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end, where it just magically gets stuck for 30 seconds or more, before finishing like nothing happened.

Please advise!!

P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware. Click to expand...

Although I've had the same happen on my downloads, this "P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware." could be part of the problem, good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copying-to-from-flash-drives-stuck-on-5-seconds-remaining-for-30-sec-before-finishing.207001/
Relevancy 51.6%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've been having an issue which started this morning. The previous night, I forgot to plug in my Dell Inspiron N5050 after using it. I woke up to find that my battery had died (obviously). I plugged in the laptop, running Windows 7 HE 64 bit, and turned it on. It booted normally and I was able to do all of my tasks as needed. Then I noticed my problem. The battery icon down on the taskbar showed that the device was plugged in, but was not charging. It has stayed at a constant 2% charge for more than 24 hours now. The Battery Meter stated that my battery is performing normally, so I ruled the battery out as the cause. The adapter I am using is the default one that came with the laptop when I bought it, and it appears to be functioning normally as well. What could be the cause of this incident, and what can I do to fix it?

A:Battery Stated as "Plugged in, Not Charging"

Most likely you have a bad battery. Dell has had whole series of batteries that they shipped out in a not fully functional state. I have an HP laptop (about 8 years old now) that the battery took a "steamy one" and it will no longer charge properly. You can try this trick (it may not work, but worth a try because did work for me a couple times): power down laptop and take the battery out for 30 minutes; replace battery and plug in charger but do not power on; wait 4 hours of charge and power on. I had it work a couple times that it gave a full 100% charge. Again, if it doesn't work then sorry, but at least you tried.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-stated-as-plugged-in-not-charging.203683/
Relevancy 21.93%

Laptop wont load bios or OS Interesting wont load Laptop bios OS or issue here When I press the power button the HD activity led light comes on for just a second I feel the HD spinning up and running the fan kicks in and runs then nothing No Laptop wont load bios or OS leds flahing just power led no beeps no screen and no bios I v discharged static build up battery out power button held down quot and tried both mains amp battery to no effect There were no precursors to this issue So I can deduce the laptop is unable to complete POST in pre bios despite the lack of beeps yet can supply power to fan amp HD Now the GPU is Laptop wont load bios or OS GForce m GS aware of the issues with the xxx series I v kept the air flow clean and use a laptop cooler Possible suspect though it never ran hot and all worked fine till I turned on a couple of Laptop wont load bios or OS days ago Now I understood that a failure of the xxx series usually presented a degraded screen lines etc rather than failing post I m backed up and use my second laptop so nothing urgent just a oportunity to learn I am interested in hearing from hardware geeks and their thoughts nbsp

A:Laptop wont load bios or OS

Seem to have been redirected here for some unknown reason !!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-load-bios-or-os.205327/
Relevancy 34.83%

Dell is releasing a new 5K monitor in Q4 this year. That's your ideal 2560 x 1440 quadrupled for retina effect, while keeping the perfect proportions, with the software that supports it that is, for the total of 5120 x 2880 madness.

A:Dell 27" 5K Monitor

VitalyT said:

Dell is releasing a new 5K monitor in Q4 this year. That's your ideal 2560 x 1440 quadrupled for retina effect, while keeping the perfect proportions, with the software that supports it that is, for the total of 5120 x 2880 madness.Click to expand...

And I thought 4K was crazy high resolution already xD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-27-5k-monitor.205015/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, when I typed " dxdiag " it said n/a, last time I checked there was something written in it..

A:When I typed " dxdiag " it said n/a

Check your graphics drivers and install the latest one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-typed-dxdiag-it-said-n-a.204746/
Relevancy 22.36%

Can anyone help me figure this out?

My new GTX 670 is regularly hitting 88%-99% load when running DirectX based games & benchmarks, causing it to quickly overheat and "emergency shutdown" my (64bit) Win7 PC after about 10 minutes.

But if I use OpenGL, the GPU load (via "GPU-Z") is closer to about 8% (but doesn't look as good.)

I discovered I can keep the load below 70% by setting games to "limit the refresh rate to 120MHz", but 70% is still WAAAAY too high.

Anyone have any idea why DirectX (v11) might be taxing my GPU so badly? Thx

A:70% GPU load under DirectX but 8% under OpenGL?

Because it's supposed to? Nothing is wrong with 70% if temperatures are okay, like 90*C range.
You can turn up fan speed or cap your framerate until temperatures are decent otherwise.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/70-gpu-load-under-directx-but-8-under-opengl.204477/
Relevancy 34.83%

My sister's 13" MBP (2011) died a few hours ago. According to what she told me, she was using it, and then, poof, black screen and no power. She doesn't have the cash at the moment to have it properly checked by a tech, so I did a basic troubleshoot in an attempt to narrow things down.

While the internals are a bit dirty, I didn't see any obvious signs of physical damage (it was relevant to check for this). Furthermore, the machine doesn't seem to respond to any power sources. I tried a couple different power cables and, while the little amber light on the magsafe (sp?) tab will come on briefly, the computer with neither power on nor display a charge on the built-in charge indicator. I will also note that the machine failed while disconnected from an outlet source with a full battery indicated.

My initial conclusions are a) the computer fried itself or b) the battery is toast. Any suggestions?

A:2011 MBP 13" Won't Power Up

If no one here can offer any insight, I would post this to the Apple discussion forum. There are usually people there that can diagnose this from just a description so that is your best bet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2011-mbp-13-wont-power-up.204013/
Relevancy 34.4%

I'm wondering whether I can overclock my ASUS R500VD notebook it has an INTEL sandy bridge core I5 3210M 2.50 GHz processor 4GB (max 8) of ram running puppy linux and windows xp home edition SP2 32 bit I have benchmarked it and ill email the results to anyone who replys and gives me their email and if you're wondering why I'm running windows xp read my article in the Alternative OS section of the forums called "If all else is too hard try puppy linux" bye

A:Can I overclock my asus notebook 17"

Nope sorry, the I5 3210M isn't OC enabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock-my-asus-notebook-17.202019/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi all,
I have an Acer Aspire Z5610 AIO computer.When I first bought it a few years back the @ and " were transposed.Hit the @ and " would come up and vice versa.At the time I contacted someone (can't remember who) and with their advice I was able to correct the problem.Due to age the PC was running v.slowly,painfully so.I decide to revert back to Factory default settings,unwisely it turns out,but the old problem of @ and " transposition is back.Has anyone out there got a solution to this problem.It is fixable as I have done it before,but how !!!
Thanks in advance,
Frank.

A:Keyboard @ and" are transposed

It's not really a problem particularly as you know which keys to press to get @ or ". This is one of the few differences between UK and US keyboard layouts. You can change the English language version from one of the options in Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-and-are-transposed.203000/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I have an older PC which I gave to my mum It originally ran Vista but I bought and installed Windows Ultimate around weeks ago after it had been inactive for months It was running great but a couple of weeks ago it just started hanging for no real reason Also at startup it would say that the computer had not been shut down properly even if it had This was only when it was switched off at the wall not after checksum defaults loaded" replaced error battery after - "cmos a restart or when the PC was left plugged in and switched on She only "cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced uses the PC to look at You Tube and some webcams from her grandkids and that s it she s not very computer literate Initially I left Windows repair to run overnight but when I looked at it the following morning it was still in the repair screen so I assume it had hung I spoke to a local repair shop and they suggested I test the RAM test the hard drive and replace the CMOS battery The RAM and hard drive checks went without any errors and after I replaced the battery the hanging stopped I played with the computer all evening and shut it down as normal and switched it off at the wall Next day I thought I would start it up just to check it and I was faced with a quot cmos checksum error - defaults loaded quot message I thought that was strange but maybe the battery was dead so I swapped it over with one from my perfectly working desktop to try it out and my desktop worked fine but after shutting down my mum s one it had the same problem when power was pulled So battery was ruled out Incidentally I will say that I reset the BIOS date and time every time I was faced with the error following up with a save and exit It worked fine until I unplugged the computer I then moved on to the BIOS and set it back to default and the same again After this opened the case and used the jumpers to reset the BIOS to default again but no difference My mum will not leave it switched on at the wall constantly in case it self-combusts same with her washing machine TV lamps etc otherwise I would just do that and ignore it Is there anything else someone can suggest that I try System Shop bought by Mesh Motherboard is an ASUS PSN-E SLI gb Ram - samsung gb hard drive - ASUS Thanks for any help nbsp

A:"cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced

I must add that the PC is the same as when I bought it new from the shop, except for adding a Creative Labs sound card (approx 2012) and installing Windows 7 (around 6 weeks ago). All Windows updates are downloaded and installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-checksum-error-defaults-loaded-after-battery-replaced.201304/
Relevancy 50.74%

My dell 1905fp finally crashed after a lot of years. I'm not a gamer, but I was very happy with that monitor.

Of course they no longer make it, and I understand refurbished monitors of this type are not necessarily a good option.

I can't seem to find reviews or comparisons which point the way to other similar monitors. I'm retired and just can't afford the $600 and way up price of what I've seen so far.

I just need a basic monitor with VGA and DVI, but would like the screen performance to be decent, incl for watching movies etc.

Any recommendations, and where to get a reasonable price? Again, don't want a wide screen.

Thanks much!

A:Reasonably priced 19" or 20" monitor, not wide-screen?

Nothing wrong with buying refurbs. They may have a few blemishes in the frame but nothing serious to keep them from functioning. I've bought a few myself and have had no issues with them. Although the monitors I bought were 20" widescreens that averaged $120 or less. For what you need/want, I wouldn't spend more than $150.

I know you said no widescreen, but movies do view better on widescreen.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-1905FP-Rotating-Landscape/dp/B00091R6KC - less than $100

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reasonably-priced-19-or-20-monitor-not-wide-screen.201641/
Relevancy 22.79%

I was hoping I wouldn t have to post on the forum I hope I chose the right category to post it in for advice but after reading endless threads all over the net I am still left with a problem I can t seem to figure out Basically there are load won't 3 websites websites that I know of that won t load on my laptop at home Google com Facebook com and Amazon com I ve tried to disconnect my WiFi and turn my phone into a hotspot but they still won t load They all work on my phone both on 3 websites won't load the WiFi and the mobile network They also work on other PC s I use Firefox but I have tried Internet Explorer Chrome Safari and Opera and none of them can open these sites A few of the advices I ve read and tried are Replacing http with https Did nothing Flushing by 3 websites won't load opening a command box and writing flushdns I did it correctly and it did not work I have my computer set up with a login password the reason I post this is because I read somewhere that setting a login password might help This is how desperate I am I haven t done a System Restore because the dates offered aren t after this started to happen which is over a month ago I m from Iceland and for some reason google is does work I have a year old Acer with a Windows bit OS Is there anybody out there that has the slightest idea of what is causing this Many thanks in advance nbsp

A:3 websites won't load

Suspect your hosts file is contaminated
get a command prompt

cd \windows\system32\drivers\etc​
look for each domain name in the hosts (should not be present)
(If you see something like 127.0.0.1 ***.google.com, then you can't get to google.com). Here's the test sequence:

find /I "amazon" .\hosts
find /I "facebook" .\hosts
find /I "google" .\hosts​
Here's my content for each (notice while I have some hits, none are the basic domains (eg google.com, facebook.com and amazon.com are all missing. Entries shown stop advers from being displayed)

find /I "amazon" .\hosts
# [Amazon.com]
127.0.0.1 rcm.amazon.com
127.0.0.1 rcm-images.amazon.com
127.0.0.1 alexa-sitestats.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 springclick-ads.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 adtago.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 sync.cmedia.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 ecommstats.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 exitsplash.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 load.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 ncads.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 tracking.opencandy.com.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 viewerstats.docstoc.com.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 www.assoc-amazon.com
127.0.0.1 trk.cetrk.com #[s3-1.amazonaws.com]
127.0.0.1 ads.smowtion.com #[s3-1-w.amazonaws.com]
127.0.0.1 s.amazon-adsystem.com​
find /I "facebook" .\hosts
# [Facebook]
127.0.0.1 ads.ak.facebook.com
127.0.0.1 creative.ak.facebook.com
127.0.0.1 facebookinc.122.2o7.net
127.0.0.1 facebook.com.img335.tk
127.0.0.1 www.facebook.com.img335.tk
127.0.0.1 facebook-videos.de
127.0.0.1 www.facebook-videos.de
127.0.0.1 rrstryhf.facebook-videos.de​

find /I "google" .\hosts
# Entries with comments are all searchable via Google. #
127.0.0.1 google.tucows.com
127.0.0.1 mt34.mtree.com #[Google.Diagnostic]
127.0.0.1 refer.ccbill.com #[Tracking.Cookie][Google.Diagnostic]
127.0.0.1 www.toons-for-adult.com #[Google.Warning]
# [Google Inc]
127.0.0.1 domains.googlesyndication.com #[Parking Service]
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com #[Google AdWords]
127.0.0.1 video-stats.video.google.com
127.0.0.1 ssl.google-analytics.com
127.0.0.1 google-analytics.com
127.0.0.1 www.google-analytics.com #[Google Analytics]
127.0.0.1 4.afs.googleadservices.com
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googleadservices.com
127.0.0.1 partner.googleadservices.com
127.0.0.1 www.googleadservices.com
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS15169][209.85.128.0 - 209.85.255.255]
127.0.0.1 analytics-api-samples.googlecode.com #[Google Analytics social tracki
ng]
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS15169][64.233.160.0 - 64.233.191.255]
127.0.0.1 googleads.g.doubleclick.net #[pagead-dclk.l.google.com]
127.0.0.1 tpc.googlesyndication.com
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS15169][66.249.64.0 - 66.249.95.255]
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS15169][72.14.192.0 - 72.14.255.255]
127.0.0.1 clickserve.us2.dartsearch.net #[www3.l.google.com]
127.0.0.1 googleads2.g.doubleclick.net
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS15169][74.125.0.0 - 74.125.255.255]
# [Google / DoubleClick][AS6432][216.73.80.0 - 216.73.95.255]
127.0.0.1 blueadvertise.com #[Google.Diagnostic][2013-01-02]
127.0.0.1 click.atdmt.com #[McAfee.Cookie-Atdmt][Google.Diagnostic]
127.0.0.1 www.e-googles.com
127.0.0.1 www.adjuggler.com #[Google.Diagnostic]
127.0.0.1 gcounter.cn #[Google.Diagnostic]
127.0.0.1 googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 1.googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 2.googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 3.googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 4.googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 5.googlenews.xorg.pl
127.0.0.1 www.bgoogle.it
127.0.0.1 bgoogle.it
127.0.0.1 www.fgoogle.it
127.0.0.1 fgoogle.it
127.0.0.1 google.dospop.com
127.0.0.1 www.google.dospop.com
127.0.0.1 google.panet.org
127.0.0.1 google123.web1000.com
127.0.0.1 google3.it
127.0.0.1 www.google3.it
127.0.0.1 www.google4.it
127.0.0.1 google4.it
127.0.0.1 googlebar.jps.ru
127.0.0.1 googlebawt.com
127.0.0.1 www.googlebawt.com
127.0.0.1 googled.it
127.0.0.1 www.googled.it
127.0.0.1 goo... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-websites-wont-load.201626/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

A:"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 33.97%

So newegg is offering the Acer 29" B6 B296CLbmlidprz IPS monitor for about 350. Seems like a pretty good deal but I can't find many reviews on it. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this monitor and/or if you guys have better options for someone who is looking for an IPS monitor below 400 bucks. I want to game with it as well as do some 3d modeling and photoshop work. So I need reasonable response time for gaming. I was also looking at the HP ZR2440w and was gonna get that until I saw this deal on newegg for a larger monitor. 24" models are fine but if there are good deals on some 27" inch ones then I would be interested in those as well. Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Question on Acer 29" monitor and other monitors

Heres the link for that monitor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G1GC2421

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-acer-29-monitor-and-other-monitors.201698/
Relevancy 25.37%

I'm using windows 7 I'm connected to my Verizon router with a Netgear stick. I have it set up for WEP because that was the easiest to figure out. But neighbors are stealing my signal, and slowing me down.
How do I change from WEP to WPA? Simple instructions please Thanks

A:Changing from WEP to WPA

Do you have both, a device and a wireless access point that supports WPA? WPA2 is what you want for the best protection. Before you can setup WEP/WPA/WPA2, you must have both reciever and transmitter that supports the encryption.
Setup the encryption from within your wireless access point. It could be an independent access point or a combo unit such as a wireless router.
Connect the device that support the encryption of the wireless network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-from-wep-to-wpa.200956/
Relevancy 51.17%

I just got new SSD - Transcend 128GB. Installed Windows. When I cold boot my PC -- from a shut off state -- I get this message before Windows loads: "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."

However, if I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and reboot I come into Windows.

If I enter BIOS from cold boot, it does not detect my SSD. After rebooting it detects my SSD. Seems like the SSD is slow at firing up?

I have run chkdsk and memory test without any errors.

My motherboard is the MSI Z87-G55.

A:"Reboot and select proper boot device"

Just installed newest BIOS, it didn't help.

When I go into Board Explorer in BIOS it says SATA port 1 is empty. After reboot it says the same port is occupied by my SSD.

Update: Plugged in another hard drive (non-SSD). Same rules apply to it. On cold boot, none of the drives are detected. After reboot, both drives are detected. I used a non-SSD as system drive before this, worked perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device.200351/
Relevancy 24.94%

So I installed a second Hard drive this weekend. And I want to create a new partition on the new hard drive, which will hold my boot files. So I want a partition of my second hard drive to be my main boot device. (Like 20gb)

Then I?m going to combine my first hard drive, and the remaining space left into 1 partition.

My Local disk has my Boot, Page file, and Crash dump. I want to move this to my new partition. (Second HD)

I tried moving the entire windows file in my local disk to the second hard drive, half way through it wouldn?t allow me to move all of the files.

How do I do this without re-installing windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-boot-drives.200248/
Relevancy 33.97%

Recently my network storage device has stopped me from accessing folders with the exception of music. All my pictures for the last 11 years are on it and not backed up anywhere else. Cannot find manual and have done reset but cannot remember URL to setup or admin username and password. Doesn't seem to be online and Edge is giving me no help whatsoever.

A:Edge DiskGo 3.5" network harddrive

Ouch if this is a NAS Device or has an IP you can use an app called FIng for your mobile device to find its ip so you can put it in the browser and get to the gui site. If you cant try fing you can use angry ip scanner for winwdows to find its ip.

If you want to try and recover files I would try recuva to obtain any data that has been lost. I am not sure if it is lost or just changed in the mapping.

As most guys will tell you here its very good idea to have three forms of back up. Local, external and online. If you don t know how to use fing or any of the software I duscusses please let me know. I will have links to the downloads below. Goodluck.

http://angryip.org/w/Download
For Fing just type in Fing in either google play or Itunes.
For Recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download/standard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/edge-diskgo-3-5-network-harddrive.200015/
Relevancy 30.1%

My Hp pavilliin g7 series laptop running windows 7 home starts up with white screen and no beeps or sounds . Started freezing on Hp logo screen last week only sometimes. Id turn off and it would work on second try. About a year and a half ago I used laptop to preview windows 8. And after I reinstalled windows 7 it has been acting funny. Ie freezing and louder fan noise. I did recently update the bios and a pci device driver that never installed. But now it has white screen this morning. I shut off and powered up and still white.
I took off battery and pressed power for 10 sec plugged back in and still white. Still no noise.
Any ideas?

A:HP G7 17" screen starts up white and stays white

Try attaching an external monitor and notice what it displays...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-g7-17-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199331/
Relevancy 49.88%

Operating System Windows Home Premium A few months ago I had purchased an INSTEN Composite AV Cable for Sony PlayStation and INSTEN mm Stereo to RCA Cable M F Inch Cm Black With these I connected the sound from my PlayStation through the Audio In jack on my computer This allowed for an audio transfer from PlayStation into computer and out the Speaker Jack in the back This has worked fine until February rd On February nd I had changed my W power supply for a W power supply Problem "In Audio Line" That day everything worked perfectly however the next day I heard a "In Line" Audio Problem humming and the sound was messed up I found out the cause was the power supply I changed out the new power supply for my old one Now my audio "In Line" Audio Problem is messed up I hear what sounds like an echo in the sound If I have the speaker volume set to I can hear the sound fine but only in the left speaker Any higher I hear interference and it sounds like it is being muffled The other problem is I can t play any music or sound without the Stereo Cable being plugged in Also the port is being labled as In Line in my Realtek HD Audio Manager If there is anything that I need to add let me know nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/in-line-audio-problem.199925/
Relevancy 49.88%

Yes yet another topic seemingly on one that has been asked many times before But this is definitely different The PC Windows enterprise an mdg vxi with dual NICs one is running to science equipment with a static ip - works fine the other connects to the company network well it s supposed to It s not actually on the domain yet because the network path can never be found because of this DNS issue The Issue I can ping any site by it s IP but never by its hostname I cannot load Yet another ping but title hostname" - different "can't any sites though the browser by using the IP the browsers IE lt -- it s our standard browser right now eww Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different and firefox although that s not really supposed to be installed cannot load anything According to windows the card is fully connected with internet access We have tried trying different Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different NICs as the Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different secondary ones removing the secondary and using only the onboard to connect externally giving it a static IP and entering the DNS servers - we ve tried our dns servers as well as googles public ones all cmd commands that I could think of - nbtstat ipconfig flush and reg DNS fixing the host file deleting the TCP IP stack plugged in a laptop just to make sure the port was okay and everything worked I ve pretty much done anything I can think of and anything I ve read online I m sure other things were tried I just can t remember everything I ve done or my team as done as we ve been working on this for over a week on and off I am cisco certified and took network engineering in school I even called in my networking brain trust back home and we couldn t figure this out I m thinking it s something the science company that came in to set up the machine did and I am hoping it doesn t have to be re imaged as they would have to be called back in to setup the machines again Anyone that solves this will be my hero forever nbsp

A:Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different

Any luck with this issue?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yet-another-cant-ping-hostname-title-but-different.163897/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

My wife is pestering me to buy her a 10" tablet, which she'll use for surfing, watching videos, etc, and I wondered if anyone can please help me decide a good one for her. I never really delved into tablets before, myself being more of a desktop PC person. I decided to get her something Android based because it iPad seems to have its limitations.

What should I look out for when choosing a tablet? What version of Android, processor, CPU, RAM, storage capacity and screen resolution should I be looking for, do they all take SD cards or a means of data transfer, etc. She also wants the option to attach a keyboard to it. With regard to internal storage, I heard it's partitioned on some models so apps can only be installed in one partition and the other is for photos, documents, videos, media, etc; what minimum partiton size should we be looking at for installing apps nowadays. Can anyone recommend any models we should be considering?

Thanks.

A:What 10" tablet for my missus?

To make this simple. What Operating System you have on your PC or your wife PC. Should stick to what you have so you already know how to use it on the tablet.

Windows Users get Windows tablet
Surface RT, Pro, 2nd Gen (remember these cost more)
DELL has one for $299 8-inch. You wanted a 10-inch.

Now some Windows users have Android tablets because at the time there was much of choice even though Windows XP Tablet and Windows 7 Tablet options where available. Android tablets were used more.

If your both are on MAC apple get the iPAD 9.7-inch 4:3 ratio tablet. They do have 7-inch again 4:3 ratio tablet.

I have one Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit dual core 9.7-inch 4:3 ratio tablet. I use the touch pen with mine it's the same one for the iPad. Surface tablets uses digitize pen with 2 AAA batters inside.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-10-tablet-for-my-missus.199527/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone might have an idea how to fix this.

I regularly plug in my laptop to my television to game or work and have had no issues other than some colors being slightly different. I played with the color settings and got it close, but the tweaker in me remembered reading that some people were getting more true color using the ycbcr444 color display settings. However, I didn't realize that my television does not support this format and now am unable to revert it back.

Is anyone aware of a way to do a full reset of the Nvidia control panel settings? I can't switch the color display modes for the external monitor if I do not have one plugged in, so this becomes a catch-22

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/format-not-supported-plight-of-rgb-and-ycbcr444.199275/
Relevancy 34.4%

I'm looking to upgrade from my 24" 1920x1200. I tried to play games on my 55" TV and it just didn't feel right. I play mostly FPS like BF4

A:Does anyone here game on a 30" 2560x1600 monitor

I game on a 100Hz+ 27in 2560x1440 Qnix QX2710. The extra pixels and the higher framerates are excellent for FPS gaming, and for the price you can't get much better. A quick google will show up lots of useful threads if you're interested.

I wouldn't get a 30in 2560x1600 monitor just for gaming, they are very expensive and more aimed towards graphics/design professionals rather than gamers. Things you're paying a premium for such as a wide gamut won't be useful and indeed might be detrimental as a gaming and general use monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-anyone-here-game-on-a-30-2560x1600-monitor.198467/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey,
I woke up on May 10th 2013 & when it started up my laptop I saw this.

I was a bit scared, but I decided to run the following programs:
Mbam (AV)
DSKCHK
Disk cleanup
Disk defragmenter
Scan disk (SCR-scanow)
AVG tuneup
AVG (AV)
MSE (AV)
Restore point.
I do not know what happened, but I have posted on several other forums, but no answer.
Thanks,
Danawesome.

A:Repeated "bad image" error (think it's something to do w/laptop)

Did you fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bad-image-error-think-its-something-to-do-w-laptop.198178/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello. I've got a basic problem I guess: I messed up with the Realtek microphone settings and selected "Set Default Device". I tried to fix it but I kinda destroyed my mic. - friends tell me they can hear me like I'm closer to them and they hear me worse than before. I just need to unset the Set Default Device thingy but I don't really know how.. any idea?

A:Realtek Microphone "Set Default Device"

Try doing a system restore to a previous time in which this was working correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-microphone-set-default-device.197750/
Relevancy 49.88%

My external drive does not come up when plugged into any laptop or computer. It leaves a message saying it needs to be formatted. I say drive E for a second and then it never came back. How can I get my stuff out? please help.

A:WD external drive - "needs to be formatted before using"

Hi Cecilia. I would look through the post below and try one of the utilities for your WD drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-diagnostic-utilities-compendium.7602/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-external-drive-needs-to-be-formatted-before-using.197384/
Relevancy 51.6%

My TB Western Digital External hard disc is not working My laptop switched off suddenly while copying files After restarted my laptop when I try to open my External hard disc drive G I m getting the message as quot Location is not available G is not accessible The drive cannot find the sector requested quot The Properties of the drive shows as Type Local Disk File system Used space bytes Free space bytes when clicking My computer- gt Manage- gt Disk Management under Storage in left find External cannot not drive - "The requested" the is hard working disc sector side I can able to see my External hard disc drive G The "The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working File System shows as quot RAW quot before it was NTFS Free as but I got around TB data Also I checked in different laptops but it shows the same error And finally I checked with quot Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows quot it passed the test I m so afraid about my datas stored in the hard disc All my projects photos and many important files stored in that hard disc I dont know what the problem is I cant find any solutions in Internet Please help me to solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:"The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working

Hey Allen. I would call Western Digital support and see what they say.Since you have data on it you need, I wouldn't play around with it, get some answers from the drive makers, and as is always said, have important data backed up in at least 2 different places, with at least one being to CD/DVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-drive-cannot-find-the-sector-requested-external-hard-disc-is-not-working.197220/
Relevancy 45.15%

Not sure if I'm in the right section

Just unpluged my m audio delta 2496 card to do some other repairs. After reconnecting and powering up I have no sound in Cubase ( In device setup selecting m audio delta driver I get the following Error message "audio engine error could not activate asio driver m audio delta" Now even windows system sounds don't work. Have tried re-installing 2496 driver....no go. Any suggestions would be welcome.

A:Error message "audio engine error could not activate asio driver m audio delta"

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next TechSpot post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-audio-engine-error-could-not-activate-asio-driver-m-audio-delta.197151/
Relevancy 51.6%

In Windows 8, whenever we copy any exe files to USB device/pen drive, there is an Interrupted Action dialog saying that "the file has properties that can't be copied to the new location". How to fix this issue?

A:Windows 8 File Copy "Interrupted Action" Issue

I missed to say that there is an easier alternative method to copy files with properties is by creating image of the files need to be copied. For example, iso, daa , bin, etc.
Even if we use alternate methods, we need an easy solution to fix the main issue without any tools or software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-file-copy-interrupted-action-issue.196667/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys Excuse my lack of proper harddrive Problem WD with external case changing terminology I am new to these things Recently my gb WD external hard drive had the USB port connection on the hard drives circuit board break off So Problem with changing WD external harddrive case I went and bought a new case from my local computer shop I had originally taken my HD to see if they could solder the usb port thing back on to the circuit board but they said they don t do repairs So he looked at my HD and told me which case would be best for it I come home and follow his instructions and remove the circuit board from which the usb port fell off from which also supplied the power and connected to the SATA power port on the HD and put it in to the new housing When I connect it to my laptop it does not show up under My Computer However in my icon tray it shows a USB device has connected and it gives me the option of removing it safely I can hear the HD starting up when it gets plugged in but nothing else happens When I removed the HD from its new case and put the old circuit board bit back on and manually held the usb with the usb port connection on to the circuit board from where it came off from I am able to get it recognized by the computer and the WD software for the password prompt starts up So I know my HD is functioning I just cant get it to function in its new case Any help would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Problem with changing WD external harddrive case

Is the new case powered in the same way as the old case? If yes, I would return the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-changing-wd-external-harddrive-case.196556/
Relevancy 24.94%

The Z5771 does have a pcie slot for an external graphics card - how you get he case open I have not investigated but I was planning on buying a decent card for it. The only proviso seems to be it neds to be a low profile card.

A:Changing graphics card on an all-in-one PC

You will have to look the case over carefully to figure out how to open it. There are plenty of low-profile PCIe cards out there to choose from

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-graphics-card-on-an-all-in-one-pc.196242/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I m trying to play warcraft with my friend and we just got a problem which can be solved through portforwading And so I did it But still my PFPortChecker keeps telling me the messege quot Your port is not open or not reachable quot So I don t know what I did wrong I have only one router I checked it with some program which can tell me if there is a router covering my router I ve opened the settings of my router got into Virtual Servers created new chosen ports in range - applied to all tcp and udp confirmed It looks like its working but its not I ve got my firewall turned off and even so I added rules there for those ports I even turned off my antivirus Still its not working - just saying that its not open or not reachable Any ideas I ll appreciate any help and sorry for my grammar I m not from english speaking country so there might be a lot of mistakes nbsp

A:"Your port is not open or not reachable."

Okay what are we working with here?

OS?
Router?
System Specs?
System OC?
System Tweaked to the Max?
System Ports Changed or on defaults? Meaning you haven't changed anything only on the Router.
Under Services.msc did you set the UPnP to auto/start/enable

In the Router make sure you have the system set to the Port you want open and IP address should be Reserved by mac address of the NIC.

Are we using any other layered firewall software?
Are you using a Proxy?
Are you using Private Browsing?

What firewall are you using on PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-port-is-not-open-or-not-reachable.195947/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an LED monitor and when I leave it powered off for an extended period of time (a few hours) and turn it back on the image 'pulses' and will sometimes force the monitor into sleep mode. If I unplug the power and plug it back in, the monitor works fine for as long as I have it on (even if it's on for hours). The same thing happens again when I power it down for a few hours or overnight.

Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-pulsing-with-a-but.195656/
Relevancy 21.07%

Greetings I have posted repeatedly over in the BSOD area on an issue I am having That s not why I am here I am thinking on going from a cached drive that I have now to a cached and a platter to drive SSD Changing a drive from an separate SSD and a platter drive Let me explain I currently have a gig SSD and Changing from a cached drive to an SSD and a platter drive a Terrabyte Corsair HDD I Changing from a cached drive to an SSD and a platter drive use the gig as a cache drive using Intels SRT I have no proof but I am leaning towards my little ssd as the cause of why I am having issues With that said bear with with me I wanted to get a new SSD and install Windows on it and or of my games on it and use the Terrabyte obviously for storage and non essential programs I currently have Win Pro on my Terrabyte drive Can I pull both drives out After decelerating it of course And put in a new Corsair Force SSD say gigs install windows my games and than reconnect the HDD which has windows on it All that text just for a simple question Also can I remove the Windows Folder or uninstall Windows on the Terrabyte drive or should I just leave it Thanks much nbsp

A:Changing from a cached drive to an SSD and a platter drive

Best way - pull the data from the drives, then format them. Put data back on.

But, yeah, your suggestion should work too. Just watch out for the duplicate MBR entries upon boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-from-a-cached-drive-to-an-ssd-and-a-platter-drive.195477/
Relevancy 33.97%

Apollo Imation 500GB 2.5" HDD is not detected. Usual fixes not applicable. It can be found in Disk management as Unallocated Or Under Device mgmt as one of the Disk drives. Please help how to retrieve my information.

Thanks in advance.

A:Apollo Imation 500GB 2.5" HDD is not detected in Win 7

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears that since windows is seeing the hard drive, but not it's partitions - that something has messed up the file allocation table on the drive. Hopefully there's not something physically wrong with the drive. Some data recovery software should be able to "see" the data that windows cannot. I use a program called UFS Explorer ( http://www.ufsexplorer.com/index.php ) it works really well for drives that have data, but windows cannot see them. There are other data recovery programs/software out there, UFS Explorer is just what I am familiar with.

Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apollo-imation-500gb-2-5-hdd-is-not-detected-in-win-7.195183/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi,

I have several Dell desktops (745, 755, GX260, T5500, Etc) all Win7 and Server 2008, that have factory hard drives; I want to make them removable drives. In the past

I have special ordered desktops with T-7 units from Dell.

Now, I need to make about 20 desktops removable drive desktops, any ideas, Dell says I can't really add a Dell sponsored caddy / cage.

My other issue is I have to add whole disk encryption to it, TrueCrypt is perfect.

I also have to add USB tape backup unit. Q: does anyone have an USB portable tape backup unit and encrypting the hard drive and tape?

Thanks

Mn19~

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-dell-desktops-to-removable-drives.195340/
Relevancy 50.74%

This could sound confusing but please bare with me So I had a TB HD Sata with win I took it out and used a new SSD which I put Win on Then I hooked up a TB HD Sata as Storage Simple so far right Well now I want to get my documents Bookmarks etc off the quot OLD quot drive I figured simple like with IDE HD s but no When I hook it up as the only drive I get this message EFI Shell Version Current get do How main off Hard Data My Drive? I "former" running mode Map Cannot find required map name Press Esc in seconds to skip startup nsh any other key to continue shell id gt When I hook it up as the second How do I get Data off My "former" main Hard Drive? drive After the SSD the drive doesn t show up I tried to put it in another PC by itself but it said something like it wasn t the disk for that PC Someone please tell me there is an easy way around this I googled a bunch of stuff and tried a few things with no luck I m hoping I m just frustrated and missing the obvious Thanks for any help nbsp

A:How do I get Data off My "former" main Hard Drive?

How about unplugging ssd plug old drive back in then transfer stuff to ur 2tb once done unplug old and replug ssd ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-get-data-off-my-former-main-hard-drive.194502/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey everyone..do y'all know good headsets for gaming? What do you think about Biostar headphones"iDEQN10"? I have heard its new but I dont know if it is good? Does anybody have some experience with it?

I need atleast your personal insights or experience about it though google could give info. but it is still different if its a word from someone whos familiar with it. this is really unknown for me..hope I can hear your knowledge with this, will be glad to know introductions from it.

currently im using Sennheiser PX 200
Thanks!

A:Headset for gaming? "iDEQN10?"

Lol, I see you've posted this on multiple forums..

Give me more info on it. All I can find is this, which doesn't tell me much. Open or closed back? Either way, Google has no results for reviews... so good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headset-for-gaming-ideqn10.194577/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all I m a D designer and have recently experienced a few BSODs whilst rendering the cause of which seems to be the USB drivers according to the minidumps However I have also started to notice that my CPU temps are I7 Celsius under hitting 2600K load over 90 going through the roof caught I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load my attention when it hit degrees now it s hitting degrees under load - idle I have always aimed to keep the temps below I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load and have only really strayed slightly above this on particularly warm days so I m a little concerned that something may have I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load failed on my PC Setup details are i K professionally overclocked to GHz CPU fan seems to max at rpm shouldn t this go higher Asus P Z -V Mobo Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro mm Apache Black chassis fan x I ve had this PC for over years and never had this problem before I was inclined to think that the readings were inaccurate but both CoreTemp and the Asus monitoring software show the same temps I m going to lower the overclock in the meantime but would love some help figuring out why this may be occurring If you d like any further info please let me know Thanks in advance nbsp

A:I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load

Might be worth checking the CPU's thermal compound. The thermal bond between CPU and cooler may be weakening. If the fans blades are not clean, they will not spin as fast due to restriction of air flow across the surface of the blade.

cookiedude said:

CPU fan seems to max at 1250rpm shouldn't this go higher?Click to expand...

The Freezer 13 PRO in this review shows 1100 RPM @ idle and 1300 RPM @ full load.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i7-2600k-hitting-over-90-celsius-under-load.194109/
Relevancy 21.07%

weeks ago I had to email a ton of complaints to broadband supplier sky for giving my aweful speeds they finally answered and gave me great speeds for standard line mb Youtube 4/5 problem, Load/Buffer at minutes Video intervals Wont s Download However a week after I noticed that Youtube Videos will stop loading completely it happens frequently after or minute point sometimes shorter Youtube problem, Wont Load/Buffer Video at 4/5 minutes intervals or longer This is a real annoyance as I use the site for a lot of things my close friend said he had no such problems Virgin Broadband However my other close friend has been experiencing the same problem he is also with Sky Broadband This will happen on ALL Browsers that I have tried I will have no other problem with any other site other than Youtube Me and my friend only have one factor I could possibly think would affect us and that is Kaspersky workstation AV other my other friend on Virgin also has this I am more than willing to blame and complain once again to Sky but I have no actual proof so it s an empty threat for them Any of you care to enlighten Thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/youtube-problem-wont-load-buffer-video-at-4-5-minutes-intervals.194302/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys
I have a 500G WD usb3 hard drive, I unmount it without safely remove, when I mounted it again can't open it and windwos need to be format it for useable, but I do some fix on it & now windows can search in files & find all data, I can see drive properties used/free space, anti virus can scan it with all data too.... but I cant open or explore it & don't open file/folders when I use windows search!!
Error :
N:\ is not accessible​Access is denied​ ​what I must do!!!?​

A:"WD hard" can't be open and explore

Which OS are you on for Windows XP, 7, 8? Also make sure there isn't any USB connections other than the mouse and keyboard. Also you might want to look for a program called USBDVIEW run that as the admin. What that does is searches your PC for multi-USB connections that are dead (disconnected) Those disconnections need to be removed off your PC. So you would select the red X to fix your issue.

Another way is to go into the System Device Manager then under USB Controllers and remove all of them. DO NOT DELETE driver. Then reboot the system. Windows will re-build the Controllers drivers.

If the WD 500GB passport gives you errors or you hear a clunk noise, then you need to place that drive into a ziplock freezer bag and stick a folded paper towel inside there (for moisture) Zip it up and place the drive into the freezer for 8 to 10 hrs. Take it out let it thaw then try using it again. Only do this if you have issues with the unit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hard-cant-be-open-and-explore.193162/
Relevancy 44.29%

I need to know if the HDMI motherboard in a 60" Samsung Plasma TV can be used in a Sony Bravia 52" TV. The motherboard in my Sony died and I have access to one in a Samsung Plasma that's screen cracked.

A:Is a 60" Samsung Plasma HDMI motherboard compatible with a 52" Sony Bravia HDMI motherboard.

No, it would not be, in the past I had to repair a tv for a friend that had his board shorted that was an LCD Sony Bravia 52 Inch and its board was very specific as with all Sony Products. The Boards on the TV's are the hearts and the companies that built them don't allow for parts to be interchanged easily. Your best bet is ebay and finding the part number to find a board, that's how I got the one I used to fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-60-samsung-plasma-hdmi-motherboard-compatible-with-a-52-sony-bravia-hdmi-motherboard.193309/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey everyone I have an old laptop with a battery that lasts about h in quot Power Saving quot mode I m going to be stuck next week for about hours at a location with few available public outlets and need to stretch my battery life as much as possible I ve already for battery to Looking life extend ways "techie" done the obvious generic tips of quot defragging the hard drive quot quot dimming the screen quot quot using few no external devices quot quot tweaking my power usage settings quot etc but it s not enough I m looking for some good quot techie quot solutions now like quot underclocking the CPU quot or quot removing the CD drive quot All suggestions are appreciated I d love to try to squeeze another hours out of this battery if possible no I don t have another battery and don t need to buy one just for this one event Thx PS Another idea Removing HDD and booting from USB Flash drive nbsp

A:Looking for "techie" ways to extend battery life

Removing the HDD and booting from a flash drive is probably the worst decision you can make. Flash drives have very slow speeds (even though they are flash memory, they arent fast) and very little capacity. Keep the HDD.

There are only a few more ways to improve battery life other than dimming your screen and adjusting the power usage settings. Under-clocking the CPU is really done by the "power saving" mode.

Try these suggestions:
1) Run this tool: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_battery_power_settings
2) Turn of your network adapter. There is usually a switch on the side of the PC that toggles the network adapter on and off. That will save you a ton of power. Also make sure bluetooth is off. I dont think your older PC will have it, but just make sure.
3) Use this tool to remove any unnecessary processes from start up. This will speed up your computer while also reducing the amount of processes that run (thus reducing CPU and RAM usage).

I can suggest other options, I just need your OS. If it is Windows 7, it is easy too, if it is XP, I cant really help there since I forgot the OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-techie-ways-to-extend-battery-life.192163/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a WD External SATA 1TB Hard Drive that has ~700 GB of family memories/movies/documents/etc and it is now connected to Windows 8.

The original housing it came in was unsurprisingly cheap and the connection piece broke. I re soldered it on and the connection was made but the drive threw nothing but errors. I figured I messed it up so bought an external case and assembled it. Now however, the drive does not show up under my computer but does in Disk Management.

Disk Management claims that the HD has the full TB unallocated and not initialized. I don't want to initialize it because I don't want to lose the information I have on it. Any idea on how to get this working?

I have downloaded and used the Data Lifeguard available at WD and the External has passed the Quick Test so drivers are all there and working.

Thanks

A:WD External Drive "not initialized" but has data on it?

Umm, I would try first connecting it back to whatever PC version you were using before (Assuming Windows 7) and seeing whats up.

If that does not work, try messing with the connection that you re-soldered and making sure its all done fully correctly, something may have gotten crossed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-external-drive-not-initialized-but-has-data-on-it.193090/
Relevancy 51.6%

I m running the latest version of Firefox along Firefox The it Rolling Stones,"Paint Does Black"..Literally! with the extensions quot Video Download Helper quot amp quot NoScript quot This is on a G IGP Intel board w GBs of system RAM After perhaps tabs are open FF will black out when scrolling black out tabs or entire window sets and finally crash My other quot art collector machine quot P- GBs of DDR same browser but only quot NoScript quot Firefox Does The Rolling Stones,"Paint it Black"..Literally! will open literally hundreds without complaint Although at some point I suppose Firefox does simply get grossed out and exits Anyway the color value of pure black is So it seems to me that Firefox Does The Rolling Stones,"Paint it Black"..Literally! a some point the color management can no longer retain the color information necessary and the registers go to zero So my guess is it s acting like it s running out of Vram Yes there s a question in here somewhere Have any of you experienced this Or do any of you think a discreet graphics card might help Or perhaps more importantly do any of you agree or disagree with my diagnosis nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-does-the-rolling-stones-paint-it-black-literally.192696/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently purchased a TB External HDD for work and I cannot access it media" HDD, 7 "no External will computer ryecognize Windows Samsung not through quot My Computer quot Following is the situation - Plugged in the SATA and recognized drive and downloaded most current drivers - Recognized by computer in quot Disk Management quot as the device is running properly - Attempted changing the drive letter with no resolution I tried every letter change from F to Z - Recognized in the quot Disk Management quot window but has printed below it quot No Media quot - Attempted USB Clean Up but this didn t resolve the problem - Tried on a different Windows computer with the same issue - Trouble shot all of the cables and USB ports with no resolution - Tried several different configurations for plugging unplugging restarting etc with no resolution - Installed and ran most recent Windows Update - Went to product website with no resolution Please if you have any suggestions or recommendations please help Windows 7 Samsung computer will not ryecognize External HDD, "no media" I do need this very much for Windows 7 Samsung computer will not ryecognize External HDD, "no media" work nbsp

A:Windows 7 Samsung computer will not ryecognize External HDD, "no media"

What Manufacturer and Model is the HDD? Also, on Windows 7, I believe the max partition size a computer can recognize is 1TB, so a suggestions is using Disk Management, seperate it into separate partitions of 750 gb or so, then just link them in a RAID configuration. This will allow Windows 7 to recognize it as a single drive, but will also allowed you to use the full 3TB of space.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-samsung-computer-will-not-ryecognize-external-hdd-no-media.192310/
Relevancy 44.29%

My brother messaged me asking for my expertise, but I don't deal a lot with hardware.

He needs it for compiling, it won't be used for gaming.
Required:
A minimum of 8 gigs RAM
CPU
Motherboard
RAM
HDD
PSU
Case
He is open to integrated graphics.

$600-$700 budget.

I told him I didn't know much about GPU/CPU/MB mixin' n matchin' and that I would ask around.

Where should he start?

A:Building a "rig"

What is the price range? What games will he be playing? What programs will he be using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-rig.192086/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya My friend is going abroad to study and will likely be away from home for a period of - years During this time my friend of course won t have a whole lot of cash to work with but will attempt to also find work while abroad I don t know my friends budget I m afraid but I m wanting "gaming" laptop $999 a under for Suggestions to aim for something below the average cost of a quot and or quot Macbook Pro I think that s like Both and will work for suggestions My friend does a lot of the standard office kind of work powerpoints document-pushing and just maybe the occasional spreadsheet Other than that my friend is a bit of a gamer liking to play Free To Play games like League of Legends However the possibility exists that my friend might take up Suggestions for a "gaming" laptop under $999 StarCraft as well On top of this there s the usual browsing of video-sharing and blog-posting websites To top it all off my friend also engages and will engage more in image and video-editing Thus it has to be a laptop and it has to be a decent one which can do a bit of everything Since this is to attempt to beat the steep pricing of a mac I d like for any suggestions to stay below However if it s a very good deal suggestions of above that are also welcome P S I m just doing this to help my friend but I m also helping my friend with many other things related to this But it s a bit much so I thought I d perhaps be able to crowd-source some help My friend however hasn t requested help at all so it s also a bit of a quot surprise quot Thank you nbsp

A:Suggestions for a "gaming" laptop under $999

MacBooks are not for gaming generally. The cheapest MBP only has Intel graphics, which are slow, heck it will play LoL and SC2 but at low settings. I would go with the Lenovo Y580: https://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary...-category-id=AC523278A4F13F27A84F5F5622D1AC7A
It has a GTX 660M which will play SC2 just fine. But unfortunately, most models have been sold out on Lenovos site, so there is only 1 left, and it doesnt have a 1080P screen like the others do. Plus no deals are going on now. I looked at other notebooks <$999 and they all had 1GB 650Ms, which are fine, but 1GB is pushing it nowadays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-gaming-laptop-under-999.190960/
Relevancy 25.37%

Brighthouse "insists" there is no way to change IP address! lol
There must be!! I go to "start" , Run....."command"
Type in "IPCONFIG/ALL
Brighthouse tells me, you have to wait 24 hrs until "lease expires".
Anyone know of a way to change IP on the fly??
Thanks

A:Changing IP address

turn the modem off and on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-ip-address.158964/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello everyone,
I'd like to know how (if possible) to make it so that my laptop does not automatically change screen brightness when plugging in or unplugging.

You see, there is a brightness setting that is saved for plugged in and unplugged, and when you change between plugged in and unplugged it reverts the screen brightness to that saved level.

For example if you have it unplugged and you set the screen brightness to 100% then plug it in, it saves the unplugged screen brightness to 100%. Now when you're plugged in you change it to minimal brightness. Later when you unplug and leave the screen brightness will revert back to 100%.

I'd like to disable this automatic screen brightness change.
Thanks for reading.

A:Stop laptop from changing screen brightness when plugging in

Which OS are you on? Say you were on Windows 7 there is a setting to change the brightness, but some laptops don't work with these settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-laptop-from-changing-screen-brightness-when-plugging-in.190506/
Relevancy 48.16%

I continuously get this problem on my laptop and I have no idea why it is occurring. I just fixed it by running a system restore but I think it may happen again.
What can I do to stop this from happening?
Please help!

A:"Attempting to authenticate"

What gives you that error message? Windows? If you're not specific it can be very hard to tell.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/attempting-to-authenticate.190186/
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok here s the history of the problem I have GB Hard drive quot Samsung sp c quot and I am using it since two years with my old desktop system with this S M A R T error at the startup BIOS TWO YEARS BACK I think there are some bad sectors involved at the last part of the HDD space There were partitions initially I e C D E amp F The problem started with partition #83" attribute "1720-SMART failure failing? drive detects imminent hard failed: ... HDD error F with following issues Always took so long copying files into F System got stuck up when some file s folder s from F drive were opened and then automatic restart That time ran CHKDSK on F drive but in the middle of scanning it always restarted the PC automatically Sometimes system restarted when I was copying some HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? random data in the F partition Whenever this restart thing happened at the start up it displayed that there is no primary hard drive detected Then eventually it came back live after - attempts always I also deleted the Partition F and then recreated the partition but same problems persisted YEAR BACK Due to above issues HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? I left the partition F as it was and used others like C D amp E but an year before the partition E started to do things same way F was doing and at that point F was not accessible with error popping The disk is not formatted Do you want to format it now I formatted the partition F and ran following HDD tools afterwards Partition Table Doctor HDD Regenerator Surface tests for C D E was fine but when it started scanning the HDD somewhere in F partition area these tools messed up with something took so long stuck at sectors for long time without repairing it MONTHS BACK I came to know that there are some serious issues in the HDD sectors inside the last GB part of HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? the hard disk I made partitions C D E F G The G partition was for GB space and I never opened this drive since I created it because this will cause same problem what the F was doing before NOW I don t have much issues with C D E amp F while operating them Don t use F too much to be at safe side But I feel that HDD is very slow overall and and every time I turn this system on I get quot -SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed quot Wondering if it could be fixed or not and I know and understand that my hard disk was failing ever since and most of you guys will advice to back up and purchase a new one but I am still on to fix this one and as if there s any way to get it right up Many Thanks nbsp

A:HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing?

The fundamentals still apply:

for every partition ?X?
chkdsk ?X? /f /r​
The /R will remap bad sectors in an effort to avoid future I/o errors.

a} fix all partitions
b} get the SMART data and save it for reverence (it will not be reset to zero by chkdsk)
c} view the SMART data every day
d} look for increasing statistics

PLAN on getting a new HDD asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-error-1720-smart-hard-drive-detects-imminent-failure-attribute-failed-83-failing.190152/
Relevancy 21.93%

Dear all This is my first post in this forum My Dell studio XPS mt Bloomfield i no overclocking GIGs RAM has been working well for the last years I used it mainly for internet emails presentations database work and basic Standard and High Def video editing using AVIDEMUX and DIVX software In the last few weeks great deal of noise started to come out from the PC the noise occurred soon after opening an HD or an SD video file and continued until I close the file then the noise will Core high fan? or on i7-920 load: Hot faulty CPU gradually go down back to its idle state I opened the case and did a thorough cleaning with a house hold Dyson very carefully and a lot of dirt came out but no effect on the noise After some googling around one possible reason was excessive hard disk activity I had a look at the Resource Monitor and it did show high reading and writing activity coinciding with the noise Good I thought time had come for an upgrade so I went a head and installed a new SSD as my system drive and relegated my old hard disk for a storage purposes Unfortunately the noise persisted and it had become louder in the last few days I came across HardWare Monitor software and run it at idle state then at time of maximum noise Idle state Maximum noise I can see cores temp went up from - to - Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan? fan from to and fan from to Is my CPU going to die and what is meant by the Powers Package going up from w to w Is it the fault of processor or the fans or the heatsink Sorry for the long story but please advise me on what to do Many thanks nbsp

A:Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan?

Whoops!
I think I have made a mess trying to paste the 2 HardWare Monitor data images. Could some one tell me on how to put an image in my post as I kept getting error message that my post was too long!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hot-core-i7-920-on-high-load-faulty-cpu-or-fan.188882/
Relevancy 51.6%

If you can help me solve my problem I will be more than happy to compensate you for your time! (PayPal)

Okay so to be precise, it is a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6857

The problem is that the computer will completely shut off at any given time. It will sometimes boot into windows but it will be a black screen with only the cursor until a blue screen pops up that I never have enough time to read through. It won't stay on trying to install a new OS or in the Setup Manager.
What I've tried:
Removing hardware one by one to see if it was the problem
Completely cleaned heatsink
Removed battery and ran only with power cord
Power drain
Replaced motherboard with a used but working one

Let me know if you need anymore information.
Thank you in advance for your time!

A:Looking for help with a "random shut down" problem with a Toshiba Satellite A305

The blue screen should produce a minidump file. Locate this file on your pc and upload it please.

Usually in c/windows/minidump.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-help-with-a-random-shut-down-problem-with-a-toshiba-satellite-a305.188893/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi there!

Straight to the point:

Tablet specifications:
- Manta Tablet PowerTab 10" HD MID1001
- CPU - Cortex A-8 1.5GHz
- GPU - Mali-400
- 3D OPEN GL V2.0
- Ram 1GB
- Android ver. 4.0.4
- compile number - crane_axmid-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20120803 test-keys
- kernel 3.0.8+ [email protected] #52

Problem:
- slow page load (if any!) - tested on default browser, chrome, opera, opera mini, etc etc
- no reaction for stopping loading pages

Thoughts:
- not a router problem (802.11n WPA2/AES)
- other android devices working well on that hotspot
- Google Play working well on tablet, no lags, no interference (same other online soft - skype etc)
- tried system restore, default settings, changing router settings

Techspot is my last hope. Help me!

A:Slow browser failing to load pages on tablet

Download a terminal emulator, do some pings.

Check the advanced setting for the Wifi, there may be some weird DNS entries or something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-browser-failing-to-load-pages-on-tablet.188781/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello all. It's time to get a new monitor, in the $500 or lower range.

I have a gtx 670 graphics card.

Can anyone offer some input on narrowing down the options?

Will be used for gaming. Do I go for a 2560 x 1440 resolution?

A:27" monitor suggestion, less than $500

I don't think that 2560 x 1440 is the way to go for you. You won't find very many decent 2560 x 1440 monitors under $500 dollars. Also, the GTX 670 doesn't like high resolutions, so you may end up turning the resolution down for a lot of new games.

This is a great monitor for $500:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236293

It's got a great response time, is 3D ready, and has a 144Hz refresh rate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/27-monitor-suggestion-less-than-500.188544/
Relevancy 35.26%

Got a customer that came in with a External HDD To cut a long story short basically what is going on is that recovery 2.5" HDD Windows doesn t recognize the drive being there under Computer but under Disk Management the drive is there I ve taken the drive out of its enclosure and directly input the SATA connector to the Mobo but under Disk Management its not assigned a letter and the name is actually blank I ve already tried to assign it a letter but it unfortunately doesn t allow me to do that 2.5" HDD recovery So to recap Disk Management see s it but Computer doesn t So what I have done so far to try to fix this problem is first I ran Spinrite ran it at level and it couldn t fix the issue Second I have tried the freezer trick none of those worked Now the drive isn 2.5" HDD recovery t making any obvious sounds no clicking or whirling sounds Sounds like a functioning drive and spins up just fine Id try to do a CheckDisk but id need to be able to assign it a letter to command chkdsk to fix volumes F amp R on that drive to work If anybody has any work around or a temporary hotfix for me id appreciate it I only need it to work once to be able to transfer files over onto my Tech HDD nbsp

A:2.5" HDD recovery

Nevermind, after hours upon hours of grueling testing and troubleshooting I found that the problem was that it was a HDD for a mac/linux. I had to go into unbuntu and mess with Nautilus to be able to get the permissions to access the drives folders.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-5-hdd-recovery.188578/
Relevancy 51.17%

Is there a way to choose on which wifi adapter the virtual hosted network will be created Because I am using an external USB adapter with stronger antenna but windows prefers the internal one I use both of them what makes it more difficult if not I could simply deactivate it the it will choose the external automatically any advises There could be a simple solution to my problem If to Virtual - adapter how Wi-Fi specific "hostednetwork" Wi-Fi select as a I deactivate the other adapter it Virtual Wi-Fi - how to select a specific Wi-Fi adapter as "hostednetwork" will automatically start the hosted network on the active adapter netsh wlan start hostednetwork Is Virtual Wi-Fi - how to select a specific Wi-Fi adapter as "hostednetwork" there a way Virtual Wi-Fi - how to select a specific Wi-Fi adapter as "hostednetwork" to deactivate a specific wifi adapter per batch file That would be a trick to get the hosted network on the desired adapter The script should include three steps deactivate the wifi adapter that I don t want to use as hosted network netsh wlan start hostednetwork reactivate the wifi adapter So I could simply run this script as a scheduled task on boot up or login Anyone can help me Thx nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virtual-wi-fi-how-to-select-a-specific-wi-fi-adapter-as-hostednetwork.187455/
Relevancy 51.6%

At random times, the CTRL key on my laptop will act as if it is constantly pushed down. I am unable to type and it is annoying. I have turned off sticky keys, and have tried pushing both the left and right CTRL keys simultaneously to turn it off. The only solution is a reboot of the computer. Is there anyway I can fix this??

A:CTRL key "stuck" on laptop, Asus N55S series, Windows 7

It may be time to replace the keyboard. They're not expensive and relatively easy to replace

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ctrl-key-stuck-on-laptop-asus-n55s-series-windows-7.186720/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I m having issues with my latency and I think I know the cause Today while trying things to fix the problem I stumbled upon this page in my router telling how many open sessions each connected device currently has On my network there are connected devices both are pc s One mine has a wired connection while the other roommate has a wireless connection My amount of open sessions ranges from to with peaks to while my roommate has to with peaks to I read up on the internet and came to the conclusion that this is not good I also read that these issues are often spyware virus related There is only one problem in fully determining roof through the Sessions" latency, High "Open the cause I don t have any access to my roommates computer If I m sure of the cause I can alert him about it but otherwise there s nothing I can do about his end One last thing I read about it was that the router may High latency, "Open Sessions" through the roof also be doing something wrong with the sessions but I don t quite understand what that was Something about keeping old sessions or something maybe someone else knows more about this Any help would be massively appreciated Marty P S I ran quot CurrPorts quot on my computer when about sessions were running and it came up with a list of around unkown processes system processes and chrome processes nbsp

A:High latency, "Open Sessions" through the roof

The unknown processes are sockets which have been closed and awaiting to be cleared - - not to worry, BUT
which CurrPorts column heading are you seeing this in?

btw: Your OS and the version of CurrPorts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-latency-open-sessions-through-the-roof.186940/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello

As the title says, I wanna change my motherboard processor, and insert an SSD aswell while keeping the old harddrive.

Was wondering if I need to perfom a new reinstall on windows or if I can just transfer windows itself to the SSD and then just keep going. I was also wondering if my windows install will messup if I insert my new motherboard due to new BIOS.

Thanks

A:Changing motherboard and processor

Its always a good idea to fresh install when changing motherboards. A fresh install will minimize any issues that could arise from different hardware configurations. I've also heard that Windows setup detects an SSD and optimizes Windows for use with the SSD.

You should also keep in mind, an OEM license for Windows is not be transferable to a new motherboard. The motherboard is the one component that constitutes a new machine. OEM installs are bound to the motherboard they are activated on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-motherboard-and-processor.186545/
Relevancy 51.17%

I Win7(64) no "color scan" with Omnipage17 option see Mailpup or moved me to hardware I doubt this is a hardware issue As indicated below all worked properly under XPSP It is only under Win that this issue has cropped up So I am not sure if this is the best place In short Omnipage is not communicating properly with my Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17 Mustek A scanner on a Win system There were no issues with this software and scanner running on xpsp Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks Longer Description Wondering how to get color capability with OP on my Win system Currently all I can get are B amp W and Grayscale for my scan options All scanner quot sizes quot B -A letter and legal are available in the Tools- gt Options - gt Scanner toolbox and they work properly So OP is partially working with the scanner NOTE OP was working properly fully with this scanner on my old xpsp system System Information Omnipage Professional version Product ID OP- - - OS Win Computer Dell Vostro i processor Scanner Mustek SE A USB Pro What I have done Downloaded the lasted drivers ScanExpress A USB WIN zip from Mustek Uninstalled the old driver installation from Device Manager Reboot Reinstall Mustek software Reboot Open Omnipage - gt Tools - gt Options - gt Scanner - gt Setup Download Latest Scanner Database from Nuance Select amp Test Scanner TWAIN SE A USB Pro - gt Next Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes The scanner is already in the database Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes Close any other applications that might be using your scanner - gt Next After running all available tests Omnipage still cannot see the scanner s color capability Testing the Scanner from Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Diagnostics - gt Test Scanner quot Successfully completed the diagnostic test quot Testing by Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Start Scan Here the quot Color quot Option is available And it successfully creates a color scan I found no help on this topic at Nuance Either Knowledge base or Forums Google coming up dry too Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17

Typically this is a driver problem. find the driver from the print/scanner manufacturer and dl/install it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-64-no-color-scan-option-with-omnipage17.186106/
Relevancy 51.6%

Recently this has come to light during my own research into mobile GPUs that are currently available on the market as I ve been considering replacing my aged i - M laptop with M GPU I had switching technology mobile graphics AMD problems... has "Enduro" even placed an order and paid for a machine but after reading much about the issue none of it from AMD themselves other than quot For those with M - Enduro issues are also being investigated quot by http twitter com CatalystCreator back on the th of August I cancelled before the unit was completed and shipped This is mostly a problem for Clevo EM EM based laptops which AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems... have no way of bypassing the Enduro graphics switching unlike Alienware products which have a hardware switch Basically there is something very wrong with this immature technology Users are finding under utilisation of their cards for example Battlefield person multiplayer AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems... fps dips with AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems... lower recorded GPU utilisation when it should be going flat out Even worse is when the graphical settings are lowered to try and allow for more fps to be pumped out by the GPU the situation does not improve It is as if the Enduro tech is deciding that the lower workload required at lower resolution or graphical settings means it can lower utilisation further This means that someone with FPS issues at Ultra settings can drop to Medium settings and not see any improvement in output Threads about this http www rage d com board showthread php t http forums guru d com showthread php t http hardforum com archive index php t- html And many others Facebook awareness page https www facebook com Amd mEnduroUtilizationAwareness ref ts Many owners of systems with M graphics cards are now concerned with AMD s reluctance to comment on the problems that they are just going to try and sweep it under the carpet and move on to the next generation of GPU with the next generation of Enduro perhaps one that works No one is exactly sure if the problem is even something that can be overcome with a software driver or whether it is a hardware issue that the Clevo based laptops are stuck with nbsp

A:AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems...

The silence from AMD on this is deafening. I honestly can't in good conscience recommend anything AMD related unless they get this situation fixed. The fact that they have tried to silence other manufacturers on forums says a lot. I would feel much better if they were just open about it and said what they are doing to fix the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-mobile-graphics-switching-enduro-technology-has-problems.185018/
Relevancy 50.74%

Every now and then my monitor looses it's signal "no signal" is only thing on screen however when shut computer down and restart it the monitor is fine.

Would this be my video card going? or just the drivers?

I have Geforce 8800 GT (512 mb)

also I have a
geforce GT 220 is this one better than the 8800?

A:Monitor "no signal" and video cards?

DLambie said:

geforce GT 220 is this one better than the 8800?Click to expand...

No
The 220 is less than half the performance value of an 8800. Of the 200 series, you would need a 260 to better a 8800.

Personally, I'd go for GTX 550Ti or better as they are the newest GPU's and use less power for their performance level.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-no-signal-and-video-cards.183921/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi -
My wife's laptop has a sticky "x" key. If it was a laptop then I could switch in another keyboard. The key works, a little, but is quite annoying. Are there standard tricks to fixing this?

Thanks so much.

A:Stuck "x" key

a HAMMER ? :sigh: Sorry for the cheap joke at your expense, but this happens all the time with laptops.
A roommate has the 'M' all over the place immediately upon logon (sometimes during messing up the pwd).

Plan on a trip to the PC Repair Shop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-x-key.183955/
Relevancy 22.36%

Online gaming pc and xbox live both work great Websites are hit and miss Okay a little back story On around I woke up to find a very spastic internet connection Video games like world of warcraft steam games etc worked just fine No Most web won't issues.. load others at with all, no do sites sluggishness whatsoever Most web sites won't load at all, others do with no issues.. However basic websites all widely varied and unconnected would sometimes load other times they would just pretend they were loading circle repeatedly spinning like it would happen anytime You could leave that up for an hour sometimes without it timing out I chalked it up to a number of things We d just had several storms roll through one of which being a hurricane Two days later after work we called the cable provider because it hadn t improved even a little bit and I work with animals and have to routinely do research associated with my job I d get maybe of websites to load some I d never been to would work great others wouldn t even load when I frequented them in the past Yet this entire time we can STILL play online games on either the computer of the Xbox The man from the cable company ran us through some basic things they pinged various sites everything came back fine even for sites that refused to load After an hour on the phone the man was stumped Everything on their end and ours both appeared to be just fine So he tells us to give it a little time maybe something was slightly off Told us to call back in a few days if the problem didn t resolve Well two days later there was no change whatsoever We called back got the same sort of run around and basic tests finally they say to just bring the router to the local office and swap it out because that s the only possible thing they can think of We did this morning and nothing No change Exact same issues I ve since then searched through old and new forums trying to find a concrete way to get this back in order but resetting winsock and things of that nature have done nothing For details Windows Main OS is Mozilla but tried google chrome and IE with identical results Norton anti-virus have also disabled this and the firewall just to be sure but no luck Spybot search and destroy had used it in the past but only reinstalled it after issues began just to be sure There are two computers that are run through the modem with identical issues and one wireless laptop ARRIS router from Cable One have went into the configuration screens for it but have not been able to note anything amiss Right now I am able to look these things up because google works fine if I just want to search Clicking the links that pop up as a result either takes several clicks will pretend like it s loading but sit there spinning indefinitely or very rarely just time out altogether However I have taken to clicking the cached version of the website and that works just fine even when I have never been to the site myself personally ANY help would be appreciated It s very frustrating to pay so much for a service and then when you do finally have time off or actually need to research you are kind of just out of luck yet I could take a lazy day and play video games without problem Maybe my router is trying to get me to take a vacation Really don t want to reformat if I can avoid it and considering it s affecting multiple machines I m not sure it would help nbsp

A:Most web sites won't load at all, others do with no issues..

I'm using Firefox and it shows me some critical info when I access a URL

looking up xxx
connecting to xxx
waiting on xxx
done and the page is shown
(1) is the DNS lookup - - if this takes too long, the browser should show a timeout
(2) after finding the IP address of the url, this is where the connection is made and there can be
multiple issue at this point

connection reset (ie too many concurrent requests)
completed connection but no data at all
(3) data is being read by the browser and will continue in this state until there is nothing else to send.
Chrome & Opera will stall here forever {nothing shown} if (4) can not be reached

one test of the URL in question is to use TRACERT DOMAIN.NAME to see if it's possible to even
reach that server right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/most-web-sites-wont-load-at-all-others-do-with-no-issues.185446/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey guys I was wondering if it's a good idea to change my graphics card, in my all in one pc Acer Aspire Z5771, the specs is exactly the same as this http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/model/PW.SHM02.008

Would you guys recommend which graphics card are suitable for my pc, one suitable for gaming.

A:Changing graphics card on an all-in-one PC

It's pretty much impossible to change graphics cards on AIO PC's, you can't just plug in a normal PCI-E desktop GPU. Unfortunately that's one of the downsides of buying them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-graphics-card-on-an-all-in-one-pc.184351/
Relevancy 24.94%

hey , I just bought an athlon proccesor with am3 socket, and a 4gb ddr3 ram. I installed them but the screen is blank when I power the computer. If I install the old 2gb ddr2 it works. What could be the problem?

A:Blank screen after changing CPU and RAM

Your motherboard is not compatible with ddr3 memory.? Did you check your motherboards specs before purchasing the memory and CPU? Post the make and model of your motherboard. This way someone help you out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-after-changing-cpu-and-ram.184081/
Relevancy 24.51%

But not sure my other hardware support the P S and G C that im going to change So this is my computer information Field Value Computer Computer TypeACPI x -based PC Mobile Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows Home Premium OS Service Pack TRIAL VERSION Internet Explorer IE DirectX DirectX Logon Domain TRIAL VERSION Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Core i - MHz x MBoard Name Dell Inspiron MBoard ChipsetIntel Ibex Peak H Intel Ironlake System Memory TRIAL VERSION DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH GB DDR - Changing my supply graphics and card power DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type AMI Multimedia Audio AdapterIntel Ibex Peak HDMI Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Audio AdapterRealtek ALC Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Storage IDE ControllerIntel R Series Series Chipset Family port Serial ATA Storage Changing my graphics card and power supply Controller - B Disk DriveGeneric- Compact Flash USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- MS MS-Pro USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- SD MMC USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- SM xD-Picture USB Changing my graphics card and power supply Device DiskDriveST AS ATA Device GB RPM SATA-II OpticalDriveTSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-H H ATA Device SMART Hard Disks StatusOK Then im about to change the power supply Changing my graphics card and power supply and G C SeaSonic S II Bronze W ATX V V EPS V V PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply SAPPHIRE - - G Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC Edition Im using these to play quot Diablo SC WoW Skyrim and etc and I need to set everything to the lowest to make the game run smoothly before But im getting tire of the graphic lol So im trying to find a graphic card which can perform really well quot Hopefully can play it with everything high XD but I think tats too much for the g c which im about to get nbsp

A:Changing my graphics card and power supply

Hey, so I took a quick look at your list. Your Motherboard does support one PCIe card, so you should be able to install the 6950 just fine.
my chief concern however, is that the 6950 is a very long card, and I'm worried it may not fit in your small dell case. So I'd take some measurements to see if it fits, before buying anything.
the installation of the PSU and GPU should be fine, I myself have done the exact same thing in my brother's dell (installed new PSU and GPU), and it has been working fine ever since.
Also If you have a few extra dollars, Id look into getting at least a 600W power supply, just to be safe, because the 6950 OC edition will suck quite a bit of power, and I'd rather have a bit more breathing room whereas 520W is cutting it a bit close. thats' up to you though, it should still run fine with your chosen PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-my-graphics-card-and-power-supply.183401/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am hoping you guys have some suggestions here, I have been looking at a pc which seems to be changing its resolution at random, it will work fine for a while and then the screen will go black for a few seconds and then come back with a changed resolution, it will then go black again and then revert back to the original resolution.
Its a Gigabyte AM3 mobo with AMD onboard graphics.
Thinking it might be a graphics issue I installed a Geforce 8400 GS PCI card which worked fine for a few weeks but now we have the graphics issues again. I am assuming that as it had the problen with 2 different graphics chips, one onboard and one on the PCI card that its unlikely to be a graphics issue.
Could it be an issue with the monitor which is a 17" Dell TFT?

A:Video issues with changing resolution

What have you done regarding graphics drivers? Have you tried to install the latest that is appropriate for each card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-issues-with-changing-resolution.170717/
Relevancy 51.6%

Pls anyone who can advise me on how to fix this minor issue.. So I had a windows welcome tune whenever I on my PC.. but after a few minutes, there are no sounds when I watch online or some movies on my pc.. and when I click the audio icon on taskbar, it states that there are no active audio mixers.. So I just go to services.msc and windows audio then start it, then everything's fine.. not until I restart my PC.. it is set to Automatic but it just stops on its own after every restart.. I thought of having a system restore but afraid of what might happen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-are-no-active-audio-mixers-error-despite-having-a-functional-hardware.182911/
Relevancy 33.97%

I got a advent 7204 with no hard drive but loads of laptops in work so wondering if I can take hard drive from one and put it in ? thanks in advance

A:Can I put any hard drive in my laptop as long as it's 2.5"?

Most likely yes. But there are 2 potential hangups.

I googled it and that only had a 100GB hd in it stock, so there is a fair chance it isn't a sata drive. So you won't be able to replace it with a sata drive. The other one is if its a real compact laptop, some laptop drives are taller (thicker) than others, most of the time this isn't a problem, and most drives aren't the thick ones unless they were the biggest drives available in that size at their release time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-put-any-hard-drive-in-my-laptop-as-long-as-its-2-5.182500/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I'm running two XFX HD 5770's at 850/1200 mhz, 85% fan speed. Air flow is pretty decent, although the PSU sits a little close to the bottom card. While gaming I'll hit up to 76-77C but never over 80C. I've read a few posts and reviews and heard that these cards can run sub-90C fine, but a lot of these included users running their fan speeds at like 60% or below.

My question is : Is reaching almost 80C at 85% fan speed too high? Is it safe to run this for 3-5 hours a day/ 7 days a week?

Thanks for any info/help you can give

A:CF 5770 load temps

If your cards are right next to each other then yeah, they will run pretty hot.

It's pretty common to see GPUs running at 80-90C and they're designed to take that kind of temperature anyway, wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. 3-5 hours a day isn't really that much compared to bitcoin miners who run 24/7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cf-5770-load-temps.182402/
Relevancy 44.29%

Well after close to years worth of I "bye WD went 1TB think My external bye"! HD use I think my Western Digital external TB hard drive went quot bye bye quot I m not really pissing and moaning about this I have no reason to gripe the drive has served me very well for again close to years I d be I think My 1TB WD external HD went "bye bye"! dishonest if I said that I knew why it checked out This is just weird for all day today I think My 1TB WD external HD went "bye bye"! while my computer has been on not one problem not one hick up not one fart no nothing but a fully working external drive Now within I think My 1TB WD external HD went "bye bye"! these past several hours the drive drops off my Windows XP radar and can not be detected I ve tried all sorts of quot quick fixes quot but none have worked Unplugging the firewire cable for a minute and plugging it back in to see if Windows detects the drive nope Unplugging the power adapter from it s socket letting it sit for up to minutes and plugging it back into power nope Tried going into the quot control panel quot and went into quot add hardware quot as to see if the system at least detected enough to consider it new hardware nope Through MS-DOS I manually disengaged the Windows XP firewire bus control waited for a couple minutes and through DOS reactivated the Windows XP firewire controller nope Restarted my computer went into BIOS and made sure all my setting were normal making sure they were as last I left them they were I hate doing things this way mainly out of ego but I tried taking the cheap and quick way out here by going into quot system restore quot and having Windows XP go a couple days back as to when the external hard drive was working perfectly nope I messed around with the indented or sunken in black power button behind the drive as to try and either reset it or power cycle it nope nothing I can tell the drive is trying it s best to come back to life For when it gets plugged back into power the drive makes it normal start up sounds I can hear the rocker arm in there moving about Other than sound with this drive is vision The normal white colored bar thing in front of the drive the light that goes up and down to express hard drive activity and also let you know the drive is on that white colored light is not there the front of the drive is dark no light Some of the ideas I did earlier were secured right here on the TechSpot forums I searched for other who have gone through this tried some things I saw but no dice It s rare folks but Zen it dumb founded I don t know what more I can do here other than put the drive en-closer and all in the freezer for someone around here in another area was saying something about drives and freezers If anyone here has any idea as to what I can do next I would sure be thankful for the recommendation suggestion or advise But do note - This drive contains a butt load of video files namely purchased video files off of iTunes the complete box set season to season of Star Trek Voyager The complete box set of Star Trek Enterprise the first and only season of the remake of the Bionic Woman on NBC and the last thing purchased was the entire to NBC re-make of Night Rider You wouldn t by tell say that those are now permanently lost would you That was a lot of money nbsp

A:I think My 1TB WD external HD went "bye bye"!

It may not be the hard drive. Sounds to me like the drives USB controller went out. If you can get the drive out of the external case and directly connect it to your PC, there is a chance the drive will still work. If you find that the drive still works, you could then purchase a new external case for the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-my-1tb-wd-external-hd-went-bye-bye.180353/