Windows Support Forum

Upgrade Extreme4 Gen 3 P67 Mobo for GTX970 and i7 4790k?

Q: Upgrade Extreme4 Gen 3 P67 Mobo for GTX970 and i7 4790k?

Good morning I recently ordered an Asus GTX Strix and an i k CPU as well as a water cooling system for the CPU CORSAIR Hydro Series H i My current specs are as follows red text is what is being replaced Mobo i7 Extreme4 4790k? and 3 GTX970 for Gen P67 Upgrade CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM Upgrade Extreme4 Gen 3 P67 Mobo for GTX970 and i7 4790k? DDR Upgrade Extreme4 Gen 3 P67 Mobo for GTX970 and i7 4790k? Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz P Extreme Gen motherboard Corsair W PSU NVIDIA GeForce GTX My rig is not meeting the demands of the newer PC games when I want to run on high ultra high settings with all of the tessellation settings and nicer effects turned on I may upgrade to a faster ram speed as well as increasing the amount of memory to or GB The question I d like to ask is quot Am I limiting the new CPU and GPU a lot by not upgrading the motherboard and also how much bottlenecking will occur quot I have about US left in my budget for a motherboard if it necessary to upgrade I d like to go on and place the order for the parts within the next few days but I can wait and do more research or just ask questions as I am now lazy research and hopefully gain better understanding of this all Thanks very much cheers nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Upgrade Extreme4 Gen 3 P67 Mobo for GTX970 and i7 4790k?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Upgrade Extreme4 Gen 3 P67 Mobo for GTX970 and i7 4790k?

Your motherboard is designed for the socket LGA 1155 series of Intel processors. The i7 4790k that you ordered is the newest Intel 4th generation of cpus called Haswell. It is a socket LGA 1150 processor and will not work in your current board as per ASRock specs.

Also, 8 gigs is more than enough for gaming. Unless you are doing video rendering and graphics intensive applications you don't need 12 or 16 gigs of RAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-extreme4-gen-3-p67-mobo-for-gtx970-and-i7-4790k.205965/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi like month ago this issue ASRock 4F Z87 on Extreme4 code my mobo Error appeared When I start my pc it takes waaaay more time than before I used to be in windows in seconds thx to SSD Now it take even minutes During this code F appear on my mother board display Sometimes rarely it doesnt start at all even bios so than I had to go Error code 4F on my ASRock Z87 Extreme4 mobo for hard Error code 4F on my ASRock Z87 Extreme4 mobo restart than wait - minutes again and see I havent changed anything ecept RAM but like half year ago I got this inside ASRock Z Extreme - Intel Z CoolerMaster Elite OCZ Vertex - GB Corsair Vengeance Black GB x GB DDR changed for x GB cause there isnt enoug space because of cooler Intel Core i - K afaik no overload Corsair Enthusiast series TX V W I red through many forums but havent find final solution - some says its bios some say its broken CPU some says its video card but I dont have any My friend runned some tests and told me everything seems to be ok- he tested CPU RAM SSD My only fear is need to replace CPU or mobo - those were most expensive parts and SSD because of data Can you help me Thanks

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129106-error-code-4f-my-asrock-z87-extreme4-mobo.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, this is my first post here in hp support forum and the title says it all. Can anyone please tell me for sure whether it is possible to upgrade my PC to Core i7-4790K? Many thanks in advance.  Regards. Abdullah.

A:Can I upgrade my HP ProDesk 600 G1 SFF to Core i7-4790K?

Hi, Please check page #5 of the following document:     http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04128105.pdf Looks like a NO, newer BIOS does not mention anything about CPU. Only   Fixed F10 "BIOS Power On" issue where TIME was not getting saved unless cursor (focus) remained on TIME setting in F10 menu. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-my-HP-ProDesk-600-G1-SFF-to-Core-i7-4790K/td-p/5800063
Relevancy 68.37%

Several of you have upgraded your MT !! Optiplex Upgrade 9020 i7-4790k Dell desktop with an Intel Core i - k cpu I d like Optiplex 9020 MT i7-4790k Upgrade !! to add another data point my Optiplex MT with a k It replaced an i - nbsp nbsp GHz Thanks for your professional advice and encouragement The k is in continuous Turbo Boost mode The core frequencies are selected according to this performance schedule nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp GHz - up to active cores GHz - active cores nbsp GHz - active cores Odd quirk here -- turbo multiplier is missing nbsp CPU-Z multipliers vary from to The cpu stressed runs at GHz Using Samsung Performance Power Plan Optiplex 9020 MT i7-4790k Upgrade !! optimized for my Pro GB ssd Hyperthreading is enabled I used Dell s bolt-on fan and heatsink twice as big as Intel s with Arctic Silver TIM Currently the bios for the Q chipset mobo does not display overclocking parameters I m OK with that no games I do real work nbsp Here are some interesting screenshots -- nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Above nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Spread Spectrum at work on the Bus Clock -- range is - MHz approx

A:Optiplex 9020 MT i7-4790k Upgrade !!

Thanks for the update on this combination.
You mention constant Turbo mode. Does the CPU never throttle down in light load? Like throttle down to 800MHz to save power and lower CPU temp. It appears that way even though CPU-Z shows a multiplier range of 8-44. Maybe I'm not reading this right.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19659831
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, i'm building budget gaming Pc, and i so decided to get ASRock Z77 EXTREME4-M instead of ASRock Z77 EXTREME4. The ( -M ) version costs 30$ less and that's ALOT in my country. And i just can't seem to find the difference between these two boards, what do you people think about this motherboard? Maybe theres something else that you might suggest. Early thanks, sorry if it's the wrong section.

A:ASRock Z77 EXTREME4-M and ASRock Z77 EXTREME4 difference.

Hi Brokas, Reading the specs ASRock > Z77 Extreme4-M The only difference appears to be the form factor ,the M being micro atx and the extreme being standard atx

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271583-asrock-z77-extreme4-m-asrock-z77-extreme4-difference.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm upgrading a computer and I'm having difficulties with loading. I am replacing just the mother board, processor chip, and the ram chip. I am re-using the hard drives, cd/dvd drives, and everything else.

I've upgraded from:
an AMD chip to a P4 3.0e w/ HT
an unknown AMD mobo to a DFI PS85-BL ver B1 mobo

I will be using 512 mb ddr 400 pc3200 kingston ram

I already called DFI and they said that I need to unistall the system drivers. Of course, I tried uninstalling all device drivers and then shut down and rebuilt computer. When I booted, the computer asked for safe mode or boot normally. No matter what I select, it automatically reboots.

Any ideas, instructions, or definite fixes?

A:Upgrade Issues. Upgrading from AMD mobo to P4 mobo.

Watching over Gotham City...hey it's dark out here

Why Do u Wanna Upgrade to Pentuim 4
Just Asking

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-issues-upgrading-from-amd-mobo-to-p4-mobo.20691/
Relevancy 51.17%

So I recently fitted this new mobo in and it would often come up with error code 93 in the Mr Debugger, which usually leads to several retarts til its succesful, is this normal? Well I know it isn't but just wondering anyway.

A:Asrock extreme4 z77 code 93

Just to clarify on the resets, I usually have to press reset a fair few times and look at Mr Debugger and watch out the the code 93.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/307245-asrock-extreme4-z77-code-93-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi People am haveing a few serious issues with this board.
I7 2600k
1155 socket
8gb g-skill ram
radeon 5830 hd graphic card
800w oryxx psu
haf 235 full case
---------------
have installed everthing in the case & hit the button expecting a big fanfair of power & NOTHING.

Stripped it back to a bare system with just the cpu wired up still nothing but when I unplugged the 4pin 12v connection from the board , the fans started working but nothing else !!!

The board has an 8 pin 12v but my psu only has a 4pin connector could that be the issue.

Have tried a couple of other 4pin psu's but same result , fans work but only with the 24connector plugged in not with the 4 pin ?

HELP

A:asrock p67 extreme4 will not fire up?

Yep, that's your problem. You need a PSU that has the mobo 8 pin connection. Don't keep trying to use different power connections as you can take a real big chance in frying the mobo or some part of it. Go get a PSU with an 8 pin mobo connection. Most of the newer mobo's are going to the 8 pin connection. It's the smallest things that we over look...it happens to all of us at one time or another....LOL.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204757-asrock-p67-extreme4-will-not-fire-up.html
Relevancy 50.74%

They're both in the same price range and theyre both LGA1155, but wich one should i pick? or should i buy another motherboard in the same price range? (up to $150)

I was also thinking about the GA-990FXA-UD3, or the GA-Z77X-UD3H

A:Z77 EXTREME4 vs. P8Z77-V LX? Wich one should i Pick?

The 990FXA-UD3 is for AMD.

The Z77 Extreme4 is a better motherboard than the P8Z77-V LX and so is the Z77X-UD3H. However, this all depends on if you'll be overclocking. Otherwise, it's strictly down to what features you need such as connectivity options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/287121-z77-extreme4-vs-p8z77-v-lx-wich-one-should-i-pick.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey everyone So I ve received all the parts for a new build but I m having a lot of trouble getting the board to post I have breadboarded the system and installed the CPU k and two sticks of G Skill Sniper RAM running at Mhz stock The RAM says on the box that it is compatible with the Z Posting Z87M Extreme4 ASRock Not chipset so I know compatibility is ASRock Z87M Extreme4 Not Posting not the issue Initially when I start the computer the fan spins up for a few seconds stops then starts back up I had to borrow a speaker from a friend doesn t come with one and the speaker outputs quick beeps a short pause then more short beeps The beep code relates to memory but I can t find any issues with the sticks I have tried each stick individually and together in every slot with no luck I checked the CPU and chipset for any deformities because that is the new location of the memory controller and I see no issues I m basically ready to RMA the board but before I do I wanted to know if any of you guys have any other ideas Thanks for your help in advance nbsp

A:ASRock Z87M Extreme4 Not Posting

If you don't have any spare ram sticks laying around to test, try each stick individually in each slot by themselves to see if that resolves the issue. If not and the alert is memory related on the board, you may have gotten a bad memory slot board. I had a similar thing happen once before on an asus so it does happen from time to time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-z87m-extreme4-not-posting.198379/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey I seem to have ran into a problem lately Every other time I cold boot my PC my ASrock Extreme displays an error code quot quot on the MoBo There is a little red display which runs through all different numbers on startup and then stops on The PC doesn t boot further but if i unplug my USB Error 36 Extreme4 code Asrock 970 hub from the back of the tower the boot process runs smoothly I read that this could be a GPU problem aswell as anything else from ASUS website As far as I understand if disconnecting the USB devices resolves boot issues there might be a problem with one of my USB devices The main thing I don t understand what can be the cause of this problem The USB setting is as follows - gt USB on the back of my MoBo - gt USB hub with quot holes quot which heve the following devices connected -- HP Deskjet printer USB optical mouse bluetooth device for my keyboard All other USB ports are empty and I have tried connecting the hub to different ports and all give the same result My rig CPU AMD FX- six cores GHz GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX PSU Cooler Master RS -ACAB W MoBo AsRock Extreme HDD GB SAMSUNG HD SI ATA Device SATA HDD GB Seagate ST DM - YN ATA Device SATA CD DVD drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- DB ATA Device RAM GB dual-channel DDR nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asrock-970-extreme4-error-code-36.1167529/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

A few days ago I put together a tower for my son with an Asus Z97 pro motherboard and the GTX970 graphics card.
We have it connected to a tv via hdmi until my son can get himself a monitor.
Our issue is that 1 minute I turn the tower on and everything is working fine.
The next time I turn tower on the tower itself lights up but we have no picture.
The graphics card driver is up to date.
I have tried with different hdmi leads also.
Hoping someone could please assist me.

Thanks

A:Help with GTX970

This begs the question Shane mate is the TV ok?? and even more obvious - sorry but have to ask have you got a dedicated AV channel picked out on the TV?

I would suggest reseating the GPU too and perhaps even this
SLOT CLEANING
Now as for the slots to clean them use a strip of old credit card about 1/2 inch wide nip the corners off one end - preferably round them offhold a piece of thin lint free cloth over the end dab on some form of alcohol - iso propyl alcohol (what we swab the skin with before an injection) is good and GENTLY swipe along the slots.
This can also be done for the GPU slot/s and do not forget to clean the contacts on the cards / sticks either.
It is an idea to clean the contacts on the sticks / cards while you are at it but be VERY gentle when doing this.

The next thing to look at is this
UsingHW Info PSU

Download HW Info and pick the right bit version - HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download -(copyand paste this site into the search bar) If you do not need the runninginformation in the smaller right hand panel close it. In the left hand windowclick on the + for the individual device groupings and they will open out tothe various components.

Go on opening out further until you get to the device itself. click on it andit will highlight. In the right hand window there will be a very detaileddescription of that device as in brand, speeds model number etc etc These arevery detailed and are just what is needed for searching for drivers etc.

To getthe PSU volts you need to select the Sensor button circled in yellow in the picfor PSU testing do the same and scroll down the readout as in my pic to whereit has Nuvoton = yours might be a different section name / title. Post back apic of that please.

If you want a more definitive test see this http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/301799-psu-test-dc-output-voltage.html butlease only use a digital multimeter and not an analogue as they injecttypically 9v into a circuit to test and into a 3.3v or 5v rail - not a good idea!!see the partial pic of the correct sort of meter in that tutorial. details ifyou scroll down that listing.

Now a good reference article is this
Voltage Rails - Power Supply 101: A Reference Of Specifications it will explain in detail what the voltages are and functions of the PSU/
Could be something as simple as lack of power to the GPU or board.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/347675-help-gtx970.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I've connected an ESATA Samsung Story station HD UI to port on the controller using the enclosed bracket Asrock Z97 Extreme4 ESATA Samsung from disconnects drive The drive has an external PS When booting the PC this HD device Samsung ESATA drive disconnects from Asrock Z97 Extreme4 only shows up occationally and I have to press ctrl i to access the Intel RAID utility Sometimes the device will then show up and is accessable when Windows is loaded but only occasionally Sometimes the drive is accessable in Windows Explorer anyway but in most cases I have to reboot And sometimes the connection even fails while the PC is running I've installed a patch from Samsung i e Seagate now support but that didn't solve anything The drive worked without any problems in my previous rig using Win Ultimate -bit Asrock support tells me that the Samsung drive is not supported under Win but the Microsoft compatibility check states that it is I'v tried using another ESATA cabel but the problem persists Four HDDs are connected to ports and configured as RAID The SSD system disk is connected to port My two BlueRay drives are connected to the ports A and A I can see from the list of connections that is automatically generated when posting a case to Asrock support that the SATA port is labeled SATAEP SATA while the others are labeled and so on but I as far as I can see from the manual an ESATA drive can be connected to any of the SATA ports I've updated UEFI BIOS to the latest version and all drivers are updated using Asrock's update utility Anybody out there got an idea Regards normor

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/58534-samsung-esata-drive-disconnects-asrock-z97-extreme4.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently purchased a new i7-4790k, I had a msi g45 gaming MB which didnt support it so I had to update the bios. Once I did that it worked and I was using it fine for about a day. It recently shut off and then it started to constantly reboot.

It wont post it just boots for a second and then constantly reboots. I took it out and replaced the thermal paste thinking it was overheating but that had no effect.

I've got a 550W PSU so I'm not sure if it needs more power as I'm running a gtx 660 with 16GB of ram, 3 HDDs and a aftermarket cooler which uses 2 fans.

A:i7-4790k keeps rebooting

did you mean your computer is restarting...?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/349122-i7-4790k-keeps-rebooting.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a MSI Gaming 3 motherboard and Iwas running a i5 processor. I upgraded to the i7-4790k and now I have lag every 10 seconds. Even whenI am typing this out there is lag. What is the ease fix?

I used fresh thermal paste. My temp is 48C - 50C. I just took out the old Processor and installed this one. Was there anything else i should have done, a step i missed?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everybody
I recently built my 2nd pc and these are my specs

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

but I'm afrais my processir might be running too hot.
these are the temps I'm getting.

Idle
Prime95 100% load

A:Is my i7 4790k running too hot?

hellasenpai said:

Hello everybody
I recently built my 2nd pc and these are my specs

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

but I'm afrais my processir might be running too hot.
these are the temps I'm getting.

Idle
Prime95 100% load

No its actually running nice and cool so do not worry. The temp limits for that processor I believe is 105 Celcius and you are way below that. Normally you want to keep below 80c for longevity of a processor (Intel side). For instance my CPU is overclocked under liquid and Prime95 runs it up to on some cores 75C and I have a Haswell-E 5930K.

You are more than perfectly fine!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-i7-4790k-running-too-hot.206076/
Relevancy 49.45%

will a GTX970 work on ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2 or ML110 Gen9 ?  

A:gtx970 on server

Hi: You may also want to post your question on the HP EBC Support Forum -- Proliant ML Servers section... https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/bd-p/itrc-264#.V828gORTHGg

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/gtx970-on-server/td-p/5751755
Relevancy 49.45%

Okay I m like the gamer type of person I built this pc weeks ago Motherboard H M-PLUS CPU Intel Core i K GHz MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gigabyte The first day I got on my new pc I remember myself checking the temps and everything was good but not THAT good as I CPU i7 gaming 4790K ~100 while C expected Well everything was at low idle - when my old pc barely touched C CPU i7 4790K ~100 C while gaming idle Today I decided to check those temps for the first time after many hours of gaming It was a simple configuration check till I saw my CPU reaching C Exited the game The Sims - CPU i7 4790K ~100 C while gaming high graphics etc - gt CPU s temp immediately fell down to C going up to C and down again After a bit of time idle my CPU s temp stabilized to C Tried to launch Heroes of The Storm MOBA game - not THAT high graphics even in options - gt CPU s temp went up to C in like no time I googled almost everything -I read about the quot lack of thermal paste quot situation I know how important that is cause once my old pc s GPU had high temps and that solved the problem but this one was like years old my CPU now is weeks old How could it not be like brand new -I read about the quot fan quot thing and quot i s must have an aftermarket fan quot Yeah I got the stock s one but come on I know people having i with it s stock fan on and not such a problem ever occured to them Anyways I really tend to wish that this is to blame - I also read about the CPU voltage To be honest I have not a single clue of these things Though what I almost felt after reading the opinions of many pc-insiders is that this could be the problem for real I never got to change anything in BIOS I don t even know if that s for sure to be at fault In overall I need guidance please and thank you in advance P S I have attached a screenshot with all the info that you might need to know about my PC specs temps etc nbsp

A:CPU i7 4790K ~100 C while gaming

Hi and welcome to TSG.

First question, what thermal paste did you use and how much did you apply?

What is the exact make, model and wattage of your power supply? The voltages look OK in that screenshot but what happens to the +12v, +5v and +3.3v rails when you put the system under load? HWMonitor is not as reliable as it used to be in my opinion, as you have an Asus board have a look here:

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/H97MPLUS/HelpDesk_Download/

Look under utilities for your board and OS and you should see Asus PC Probe II, that is likely to give you the best and most accurate readings.

What case are you using and what size is it (midi tower, full tower etc)?

What case fans do you have in place and what direction do they blow the air?

Are you overclocking anything?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-i7-4790k-100-c-while-gaming.1147548/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello, I was thinking of getting a new PC for this generation and I really want one with the i7 4790k and the GTX 970. From what I have read they seem to be fine to run through this generation. I know a thing or two about computers but I am no expert. I would really like to get suggestions from other people on what to build with these two components.

Thanks

A:Building PC with i7 4790k and GTX 970

These two parts will go well together as long as the many other parts you didn't mention mesh well. The 4790k is the best of the consumer level procs available and the 970 would arguably be that for gpus as well. Once you go beyond these two you're entering into the enthusiast area in my opinion.

Some of the important components you didn't mention are the motherboard, the powersupply, and the heatsink/fan. What do you have planned for those?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-pc-with-i7-4790k-and-gtx-970.211115/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, I have a GTX970 I was running it on my old PC (Can't remember the specs) but I have built my new PC and the person who was helping me said I can reuse my graphics card. So when I play a game called Euro Truck Simulator 2 I get around 20 - 50 FPS how ever my friend has the same card same processor and motherboard and he gets 60FPS at Ultra how ever I struggle to get 30FPS on ultra and I don't know how to fix it. I have checked all drivers updated my BIOS I have tried everything I can think of.

Any help much appreciated.

PC Specs:
Processor - Intel i5-4690k 3.5GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz
GPU - ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory - 240GB Kingston HyperX SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda and 1TB Seagate Barracuda
RAM - 8GB
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
PSU - Corsair CS750M
Motherboard - MSI Z97 PC Mate

A:GTX970 Not Performing / Broken?

Have you got any other games you can test the FPS?
Have you checked to see if any processes are running such as anti-virus etc?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/69602-gtx970-not-performing-broken.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So Problems... Workstation 4790k the editing rig at the media studio where I work is having some problems keeping up with the loads we're throwing at it Basically when trying to run color-graded k footage at even half resolution in Premiere it lags and the CPU temps spike to the low s I tuned the CPU in AI Suite to not go higher than C Playing back a multi-cam sequence at even res is out of 4790k Workstation Problems... the question right now Without upgrading the motherboard and CPU to something like an X -Deluxe and a x which we just don't have money for right now I'm trying to find ways to squeeze as much performance out of his current system as possible so that it can handle these loads I can't see any reason why his current setup with a little extra cooling and tuning shouldn't be able to handle what he's doing With that in mind CURRENT HARDWARE CONFIG CPU Intel Core i - K CPU Cooler Stock Motherboard Asus z -PRO RAM GB DDR Graphics cards EVGA GeForce GTX amp PNY NVidia Quadro K Drives TB RPM TB RPM GB RPM Crucial GB SSD Case Fractal Design Define R Fan layout x mm front intake x mm rear exhaust PSU Corsair HX I've convinced my boss to order a Noctua NH-D CPU cooler Arctic MX- thermal paste and another mm fan to use as intake from the bottom of the case The motherboard only has CPU fan headers and chassis fan headers I'm not sure if we should also look at top exhaust fans supports up to mm top fans Here are my questions Should I get a CPU fan splitter and add a third NF-A fan to the new heatsink so I can really up the clock speeds Should I add top exhaust fans to the case Basically based on this picture aside from what I've mentioned is there anything obvious that it seems I should be doing Aside from putting the side panel back on har har The CPU maxes to GHz and load when playing back the color-graded K footage in Premiere even at resolution Do we just need to look at saving for a CPU Mobo upgrade PS I tried to correct the picture to bring out more detail Forgive my horrendous lack of Photoshop skills I'm the IT guy not the creative guy

A:4790k Workstation Problems...

I'm confused... So is this editing rig running Win 7 or Win 10? If it's running Win 10, you might try going back to older Win 8.1 graphic driver. I'd suggest uninstalling your current driver with DDU and reinstalling Win 8.1 driver 344.75 or 347.88. Also make sure your chipset driver is up to date and any other drivers that might have been updated for Win 10 from your motherboard manufacturer.

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/15109-4790k-workstation-problems.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi

I was running two AMD 6870 in SLI with no problems but recently updated to a Asus Strix GTX970.

The same games I was playing with no problems are now constantly crashing (5/10 minutes of gaming) - black screen and windows sounds on background OR just black screen with no sound OR reboot. It works fine doing normal tasks on windows.

At first I though it could be a driver issue, so I uninstalled, I installed again. The issue remained.

My rig:
Asus Z87 Pro
I5 4670k
Kingston 8GB DDR3
Corsair 800W
Windows 10 64bits

During the last crash I got a memory dump (but not during the others, so it may be a coincidence) - attached.

I have installed the Asus GPU Tweak II, ASUS AI Suite 3 and NVIDIA Geforce Experience.

Haven't done any overclocking.

Please help... I'm in desperate mode.

Thanks

A:Crashes after moving to GTX970

Difficult to guess.

Did you uninstall the AMD drivers completely? I doubt that you'd see an improvement if you ran a driver remover, but it may be worth a try.

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.7.3.1

I've had that sort of crash in the past due to a conflict with sound card drivers. (That was when I was running a discrete sound card.)

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/38980-crashes-after-moving-gtx970.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Now what!
I have reserved my copy of Windows 10 on my gamer-rig, which is a Intel Core i7 4790K CPU. When checking my system, this is now showing up
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/x...psmr72rr3m.jpg

The text is in danish, saying that this PC does not meet the standard for Windows 10. Windows 10 can't be installed on this PC because the CPU is not supported!!

Now what can I do about this?

A:Core i7 4790K not compatible with Win10?

I've seen this before with this processor. The processor "idles down" to save power, and Windows thinks the CPU speed is too low for Windows. You have to disable this.. I forget what its called.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/7570-core-i7-4790k-not-compatible-win10.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have the latest bios version 2103 so I sure hope so cause, I already ordered the 4970k.

A:i7 4790k compatible with Asus z87-A motherboard?

According to their support page for the board, yes.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/64674-i7-4790k-compatible-asus-z87-motherboard.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Does GPU gtx970 or 960  fits on optiplex 9020?
I'm shook please help me

A:Does GPU gtx970 or 960 fits on optiplex 9020?

Hi Dahooomi
Thanks for writing to Dell.
The machine has been tested on NVIDIA, GeForce GTX 745 , and few AMD cards, so i am afraid we have very less to nil info on the question. 
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19666396
Relevancy 48.59%

So I have had this computer for a while and I have only started to realise the CPU Speed is 1.2Ghz I have i7 4790k is there something wrong with the CPU do I need some specific drivers to increase CPU speeds?

A:i7 4790k Advertised at 4Ghz Only Getting 1.2Ghz

If you run CPUID, what does it show? CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID Is this a Laptop or Desktop? Did you make the computer yourself, or is it one you purchased from say HP, Dell, etc.?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/69698-i7-4790k-advertised-4ghz-only-getting-1-2ghz.html
Relevancy 48.59%

About four weeks ago I built a new rig and everything was going great Starting two days ago I noticed I was getting terrible FPS even in very lightweight games I decided to Benchmarks i5-4690k GTX970 & Poor download and run some benchmarks and something is clearly wrong My Poor Benchmarks GTX970 & i5-4690k system even with stock clocks should be getting in the ballpark of k in Dmark Firestrike I am getting around k with an abysmal physics score I rolled the drivers back completely reinstalled Poor Benchmarks GTX970 & i5-4690k the graphics card checked the BIOS settings checked Nvidia control panel checked the CPU with CPU-Z all to the best of my amateur knowledge and nothing seems to stand out as the culprit Poor performance started around the time of a windows and driver update but I can t say for sure if that is the problem or merely a coincidence I am at a loss as to what I should do or even be looking for Any help would be greatly appreciated CPU i - k GHz stock clock and cooler for now GPU Asus Strix GTX factory clock RAM GB HyperX Savage PSU EVGA B MB MSI Z -G OS Windows Home Premium -bit Below is the average benchmark http I imgur com hPjNJQw png nbsp

A:Poor Benchmarks GTX970 & i5-4690k

Do you have the latest GeForce driver installed? You can check for this here:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers Rolling back video drivers never works very well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-benchmarks-gtx970-i5-4690k.212127/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a problem with games that does not work omn my K450e with GTX970. When I start them (from Steam) they either crach or get stuck in the loading process. They used to work before. Example of games are Civ5 and RomeII Total War. Also problems with other games when they switch to adifferent graphics mode in the game. Some one who have had the saem problems? Best  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Games-not-working-on-K450E-GTX970/td-p/3443582
Relevancy 48.59%

Specs OS Windows Home System Model HP Pavilion HPE h - Phoenix Motherboard IPMMB-FM Formosa PCIE x Processor Intel Core i - CPU GHz BIOS AMI GPU NVIDIA GTX Error When BIOS GPU GTX970 Installing ti BIOS Error When Installing GTX970 GPU Ram GB Power Supply is w nbsp nbsp The PC runs fine when the original ti is installed But as BIOS Error When Installing GTX970 GPU soon as a put in the new GTX I get a BIOS error beeps seconds in between each beep and the the screen goes blank with a flashing underscore in the top left of the screen nbsp I have tried several things in the process of building and trying to resolve this issue brand new RAM new PSU The PSU RAM and ti work great together so I have run out of ideas nbsp At this point I think it is a motherboard issue but I have no idea why my current board would not be compatible with the nbsp I do not have a secure boot configuration setting to enable or disable legacy mode in the BIOS In trying to access the UEFI Firmware settings I also come to find that I do not have that as a option either I guess this means I don't have a UEFI MOBO nbsp At this point I thought about updating the BIOS but per the HP website it says any PCs that come equipped with Windows or earlier versions are unable to get a BIOs update This PC came with Windows originally then I recently upgraded straight to Windows There does seem to be an available BIOS update for Windows on this particular HP model However I am hesitant to make that BIOs upgrade as I am relatively new to all of this and do not want to damage the MOBO if it isn't necessary nbsp So basically my questions at the moment are Can I make a Windows BIOs upgrade on a Windows OS Is my only option to get this new card to work getting a new MOBO nbsp Any help is hugely appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BIOS-Error-When-Installing-GTX970-GPU/td-p/5632833
Relevancy 47.73%

Here is the Article all i can say is wow at this point they should just offer something else it would be pretty hard to track every owner especially one's who sold their cards already SMH Nvidia should just hand out a discount for their new line of GPU'S
Nvidia to pay each GTX 970 owner $30 over memory controversy - TechSpot

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/58196-nvidia-going-pay-every-gtx970-owner-30-over-memory-controversy.html
Relevancy 47.73%

HP has enabled overclocking from the factory. I did not turn it on as it was already enabled. To verify this. I even reset bios to apply defaults and it was still enabled. This system also comes with a liquid cooling solution. The settings are limited. I will post a picture. But, I wanted to know where does one start with these settings. Doing a friendly overclock. I don't see why it could not easily hit 4.2 to 4.3GHz? Any thing past that I would consider it more of an aggressive oc?  I personally don't feel the want or need to oc atm. As 4.0GHz is plenty fast enough stock right now. But, it is there in the future if need be.  

A:HP Envy Phoenix 810-430qe 4790k overclocking?

@FattysGoneWild Good information! What speed are the dimms running?    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-Phoenix-810-430qe-4790k-overclocking/td-p/5036051
Relevancy 47.73%

I have Turboboost enabled in the bios It says its on Its supposed to boost to ghz stock When I check Computer Details its still ghz I have experience and don't mind overclocking manually however I would much prefer to first try turbo boost and see how that works I might find I dont need to OC anyways It would be nice to Turboboost not working I7 enabled Intel 4790k but see if I can give boos a try before I go tampering with numbers and voltages I might still OC Like I said Would be nice to give turbo a try before I start Intel I7 4790k Turboboost enabled but not working messing with things potentially needlessly I am using an ASUS z HERO VII motherboard and like I mentioned in the title an I k I don't know that this is a item model compatibility issue or not I wouldn't think it is because of how easily I was able to enable Intel I7 4790k Turboboost enabled but not working it in the UEFI Bios On the off chance it is the models might be important I see other people with this issue on the Intel and TomsHW forums Intel I7 4790k Turboboost enabled but not working but after trying their fixes provided they were not out of date nothing worked Could I be missing something is there a driver I need perhaps Unfortunately this is my first tower with an Intel chip in many years and I am not familiar with all the community recommended drivers Only those that are said to be required by the mobo or have come with it On that note though I do have all the mandatory drivers up to date per the Intel website I appreciate any helpful responses It means a lot Hopefully this is a heard of problem that I am just missing a step somewhere and this will be an easy fix fingers crossed

A:Intel I7 4790k Turboboost enabled but not working

I made a discovery that the turbo boost isnt really OC, technically, just dynamically expanding as needed, Marked as solved

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/346378-intel-i7-4790k-turboboost-enabled-but-not-working.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all

Purchased a new CyberPower Gaming Elite II PC 2 days ago and have since been unable to get a signal going from the NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 to my monitor. Granted it is an old monitor with a VGA connection and so have used the adapter that came with the computer to convert it to DVI but still, there's no signal going to the monitor. Do I need to upgrade my monitor? I have tested a HDMI cable going from the PC to my TV but that doesn't seem to provide a signal either! I'm out of options that I can think of!

Any help greatly appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Sam.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/49684-no-signal-monitor-nvidia-geforce-gtx970.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I just got a HP Z240 Tower with a 400W power supply, 32 GB of RAM and 512 GB M.2 SSD.  Is the GeForce GTX 970 Graphics card compatible?  My PCIe v3 x16 slot is available.

A:HP Z240 Tower Compatible with GeForce GTX970

Greetings, The 400 power supply could be an issue. A stock GTX 970 lists a recommended 500 watt power supply. You have to verify the 10.1 inch to 10.5 inch card will fit in your chassis. You should have the required UEFI BIOS if the system is brand new and you have a PCIe x16 3.0 slot available on the system board. Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Z240-Tower-Compatible-with-GeForce-GTX970/td-p/5676932
Relevancy 47.3%

It only does this when my second Monitor is in portrait mode not landscape. Is there a tweak or mod I can do in windows to prevent this from happening?

Can't rely on NVIDIA support at all. Please help me hack something on windows to prevent this from happening.
thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/304533-windows-aero-keeps-disabling-multi-screens-gtx970.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Alright hey guys so I have been doing quite a bit of research talked to some friends and other forums and have come to the conclusion that upgrading my gpu will be a good call Anyways after talking to a few people and a few computer experts I have been suggested to upgrade my gpu to a gtx which I think will be great The other issue I came across was whether with want it all gtx970 will 8500 upgrading dell psu xps sure make geforce new to work! and or not the PSU will be able to handle that kind of upgrade So after looking through some other people s suggestions and upgrading dell xps 8500 with geforce gtx970 and new psu want to make sure it will all work! seeing what some other people have done that upgraded their xps I was suggested to go with the EVGA supernova B W power supply PSU -B - -VR the reason behind this one specifically was that it was quite a bit smaller in length so in tern I would be able to fit it in the tower and thats what other people have used when upgrading their xps Anyways sorry this is lengthy but I want to make sure this is a good idea whether or not everything will fit properly and any other general suggestions thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19981095
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

Trying to do an XP upgrade from Win98. I do the compatability test and it will not let me continue to install the upgrade because it says my video card and MoBo are not compatible..

It's an older system..

I have a Nvidia geforce II MX 100/200 video card, I am running it on a AMD k6 400 processor

My MoBo is an Asus socket 7 with an Ali 1541 chipset. I have all of the appropriate Ali drivers.

I have just under 300 meg of ram.

If anyone can help with a fix or patch or whatever, I would appreciate it greatly.. Thanks..

A:XP upgrade and MOBO

This comes straight from the Windows catalog on Microsoft's website.

Microsoft's Windows Catalog

Your CPU is not compatible with XP.
Also looks like MoBo is incompatible.
The VidCard should be compatible.

And unfortunately, as far as I know, there are no patches or fixes to work with. Only option is to upgrade the hardware.

If anyone knows of anything, please feel free to correct me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-upgrade-and-mobo.95829/
Relevancy 46.44%

does ne one if it is possible to upgrade my current mobo to this one? ASROCK L775 PT880-ULTRA S/L DDR1 ,DDR2, AGP and PCI-E. all the info on my computer specs is in dropdown, plz help if not enough info on here tell me and i'll fix, i rlly need help, if this cnat work plz im up for suggestion, can replace video card and ram easily just worried about drives, psu and maybe cpu but it comes with one so..

A:Mobo upgrade help

Is your P-4 2.4 GHZ a slot 775?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-upgrade-help.94751/
Relevancy 46.44%

mobo upgrade HELP

ok.. ive looked every where and i cant find the thread .. but i know its here somewhere!

its about when upgrading your motherboard and how to keep windows valid or something like that ?

cheers for your help

A:mobo upgrade

Is this the thread you seek?

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-upgrade.84181/
Relevancy 46.44%

I need an expert opinion on a 775 mobo.

Here are the specs (all the hardware listed is already purchased)

P4 651 3.4ghz
1gb Buffalo ddr2-4200 sdram 533mhz d2u533b
nvidia 7900gs 256mb PCI-E
Sony CD and DVD combo Drives
Hitachi 80gb 7200rpm HD
420W Antec PSU

I bought this hardware to go with my computer, long story short, It didn't work with my system. Now I'm to the point where just want a Mobo and case. Don't care about features and "bling-bling" just as long as it works.

So can someone point me towards a good budget Mobo? Preferably micro ATX.

Thanks,
Ask

has anyone had experience with the Foxconn 945GZ7MC-RS2H Mobo?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-upgrade-help.65960/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I want to boost my PC and I have a old Asus Motherboard.I was planning to upgrade to a Biostar Motherboard but am nor sure.Will the new PSU work on my old mobo?

A:How do I upgrade to a new mobo

Shatarupa said:

Hi I want to boost my PC and I have a old Asus Motherboard.I was planning to upgrade to a Biostar Motherboard but am nor sure.Will the new PSU work on my old mobo?Click to expand...

There are more concerns you should look at first, for starters is the socket type the same or do you plan on getting a new CPU along with it. Plus in my book, going from an Asus to a Biostar would be a down grade, why don't you post your specs and we can give you some assistance on upgrading your machine as just swapping boards would not change much if anything.

But to answer your question, Yes the PSU will still work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-upgrade-to-a-new-mobo.197806/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have been thinking about this for a little while. I'm running a pretty low-end machine now-a-days, it was a star a while back, but technology is changing so rapidly that I have no desire to shell out money by the buckets, to keep up. However, it's become a problem when I decide to play a new game that looks really good, only to find out, it sucks on my computer. So, the big question, upgrade or not to upgrade?

I currently have a Foxconn mobo, with a 1.85 GHz CPU, running 2.5GB DDR (Yes, DDR not DDR2) RAM. Nvidia GeForce 6200 AGP gfx card.

Upgrade Gfx card, or my whole Mobo? If anyone has any cheap but performance upgrades they can share with me, I'm happy to listen, as is, buying a new mobo, would cause me to buy new RAM, and a new gfx card, probably would upgrade CPU as well... Any pointers?

A:Mobo, to upgrade or not?

Look others may say your Mobo can do this or you just need to do that, or buy this one thing.

But you are best to buy the entire new computer box (with everything in it, including Windows key)
Then sell the old one, and recover some costs in doing so.

So therefore your Title would say, help me to purchase a new computer. To run these games or this certain program, or whatever that you want it to do

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-to-upgrade-or-not.109109/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I want to upgrade my Dad's Fujitsu 450Mhz Pentium (Slot 1) to something around 1Ghz. He wants to spend under 100.

I've looked at CPU upgrade kits for around 70 which seem simple to install. But would it be better to upgrade the whole motherboard along with a new CPU?

Would the old existing hardware still work after the new motherboard is installed?

All advice welcomed!
Thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone after a mobo/GFX Looking upgrade to summer of being absolutely skint void of money and coming close Looking to upgrade mobo/GFX to annihalating my PC I ve decided now that I have some money to upgrade I m on a students budget so not looking to spend too much but I m wanting to get a decent enough system upgraded from my last with a case that will provide sufficient enough cooling with a view of pawning my old system off on my father who is still running one of those PC s that has a mouse and wheel included with the PSU don t worry my system still functions and is more than enough for what he d use it for anyway I just wanted to get some advice see if the system I ve put together is considered enough MOBO https www novatech co uk novatech specpage html MBB- G GFX https www novatech co uk novatech specpage html GW- and possibly CASE https www novatech co uk novatech specpage html CM-SCOUT Currently using a HIPER WATT BLACK PSU with a few HDDs so they won t be an issue I don t think As I said I m on a budget have got a pretty good system at the moment but think that rather than buying my dad a new computer would be worth upgrading my own and giving him my current system AMD Athlon X Dual Core ghz Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Looking to upgrade mobo/GFX

I'd recommend that you go with the AMD Phenom II X3 720 processor instead of the Athlon II X4 620 with this motherboard. Also, the Radeon HD 4870 (1GB) would be a better choice for a gfx card.

As for the case, I personally like the Antec 900 case better. You can find it here. (However, case is a matter of personal tastes.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-upgrade-mobo-gfx.135812/
Relevancy 46.44%

if i wanted to get a new mobo and cpu for a computer what would i need to do? do i need to uninstall the mobo before i switch them? help me as to what I need to do.

Thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

i have a :
845ebg2 intel 2.4
2*256 mb pc-2100 memory
bfg 6800 gt oc 256 mb video card (new part)
audio card: audigy 2
win xp sp1 as is (never figured out which proccessed are neccesery and which not)

ok, heres the thing, if i play on high levels (not the highest) i get choppines , now the old cpu isnt hellping of course but what i am asking is what difference will upgrading the memory from 512mb to 1gb or above do, will it help?

something i noticed in games is that of all things its the audio that preceeds the coppines, like the annoying orders in bf2 or the characters talking in half life : episode one.

will memory help alot or will it be an insignificant change.? what else can i do?

by the way: please no "just upgrade you cheap basterd...."

A:Old mobo-what can i upgrade?

The memmory will help alot, but that processor is your second bottleneck, but it's really not a bad system.

So to answer you're question yea, having more ram (up to 1gb) will help.

Make sure though it is the same brand and speed for compatibility.

By the way, if you know, how fast is the harddrive? That two could be you worst enemy and most people don't think twice about it (if once).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/old-mobo-what-can-i-upgrade.51515/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everyone, looking for a new CPU and Motherboard in the $250-$300 range.
I'm an extensive gamer, but also use my computer for school work.
I am currently running:
3.2 gHz Intel Pentium 4 540
2 Gig DDR2 RAM
9800GT 1024Mb
Onboard Sound

Right now I'm just looking for a few answers. I am running a fast single core processor, would a dual core or quad core processor, which are slower, benefit me in game? Would spending $250-$300 be worth it, or would I need to spend more before I see performance improvements?

Thank you for your help.

A:Looking for a new CPU/Mobo upgrade

You could go with something like this...

mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128368
cpu
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115206
ram( if needed)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231144

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-new-cpu-mobo-upgrade.129797/
Relevancy 46.44%

I currently have an ASUS P3B-F Mobo, 466 MHz Celeron CPU, and 128 MB PC-100 RAM. This setup has sufficed for many years.

Now, I'm into digital photography. I want to manipulate and print pics. My system above is quite slow.

Should I upgrade to a faster CPU (can go to P3 1.0 GHz), and more RAM or should I purchase another MOBO, CPU, and RAM?

Cost vs. performance is an issue.

What is the most performance gain that I can get with the least cost?

Thank you for your assistance!

A:Upgrade or new MOBO?

get upgraded cpu,mobo, ram combo.
most people doung video editing are using 1.5-3.0 processors and love them

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-or-new-mobo.144552/
Relevancy 46.44%

Mobo upgrade, I'm so miserable

I currently have a Dell Dimension 3000 and I realize it sucks nutz. No AGP or nothin, just PCI. 1 year ago I knew nothing of graphics cards and I used my Christmas money to buy a Graphics card. The problem was that I bought an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GPU based Graphics card and went home finding out that I needed a PCI-express slot. So I returned it the next day and asked the Best Buy dude to give me that best PCI Bus based Graphics card, I got a crappy GeForce 6200. So now I'm know a bunch about Graphics cards and there slots and thinking of upgrading my motherboard. But I don't think there's a mobo that could fit the case. Bottom line:
Can I upgrade?
If I can, what's the best to upgrade?

Specs:
WinXP home
512 physical ram
Intel Pentium 4 2.79Ghz
256mb nvidia geforce 6200 gpu graphics card
35 GB HDD

Thanks

A:Mobo upgrade

There's currently a similar thread up on upgrading computers...

Your case is slightly different tho, but there's a good list of 478 mobos with PCIe x16.

The thread is here...
http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=410960#post410960

... but the mobo that was recommended by vnf4ultra is here:
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec....iteria=BA23565

The GeForce 7300 is considered a pretty low end card, so the other issues discussed probably would not be a problem for you.

It'd help if you'd list the specs in your computer at the moment. The specs I can dig from google shows that a good RAM upgrade is desperately needed. 256mb is just not adequate today.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-upgrade.71725/
Relevancy 46.44%

When should I upgrade my motherboard?

Specs:
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AMD 7850G Socket AM3 MB

Silverstone Strider ST50F ATX 500W PSU

Seagate 500GB Serial ATA HD 7200/16MB/SATA-3G
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition AM3
Corsair XMS3 2GB PC10666 DDR3 Dual Channel 1333MHz
Biostar Radeon HD 4670 512MB DDR3 PCIe, HDMI

Should I wait until I want to upgrade the cpu?

Right now I just plan to upgrade the gpu to a GTX 550 ti and add more RAM for gaming.

A:When to upgrade Mobo?

People normally upgrade the motherboard when they want to upgrade their CPU, so I'd wait for that.

If you just want to upgrade your graphics card and RAM, you should keep your current motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-to-upgrade-mobo.1031146/
Relevancy 46.44%

I apologize in advance as I m sure this topic has Upgrade OS Mobo....keep been discussed elsewhere I have already read MANY threads on the topic but still have a few Upgrade Mobo....keep OS questions I have an HP Media Center PC that was purchased new in It has a Pentium D- I recently upgraded the Video card Radeon HD PSU from W to W and RAM from to GB only usable The fps jumped from - to - SWEET But startup is still really slow itunes takes - sec to get started and many applications become unstable when running parallel with others I am considering buying a new tower i - compatible Mobo and new DDR RAM I may instead buy a lesser upgrade package that will allow me to Utilize my current DDR RAM Either way I have no interest in purchasing windows I would like to keep XP running after the hardware changes I have read about many different ways to accomplish this but the more I read the more conflicting opinions I find Many posts recommend doing a repair install This appears at least I think to keep your settings and files intact which I do not need Question Can I upgrade the mobo cpu and still utilize the original XP OS license I Do NOT need to keep any data currently on the HDD all important personal files are backed up I would actually prefer starting from scratch over keeping anything currently on the drive I Do NOT have a retail XP disc I have only the partition labeled D and the back-up recovery discs that the machine recommended I make Question Does the fact that the OS is quot media center edition quot create complications with the new Mobo CPU The TV tuner coax tv-in Radio antenna etc is on a seperate card rather than internal on the mobo I really dont care if this card is reinstalled or not on the new Mobo I never use it Question Does the fact that I may be switching from Socket to socket create additional complications nbsp

A:Upgrade Mobo....keep OS

"Question #1: Can I upgrade the mobo/cpu and still utilize the original XP OS/license
*I Do NOT need to keep any data currently on the HDD, all important personal files are backed up
*I would actually prefer starting from scratch over keeping anything currently on the drive
*I Do NOT have a retail XP disc, I have only the partition labeled D: ... and the back-up/recovery discs that the machine recommended I make."
--------------------------------------------------------
1.) Unfortunately, the answer is most likely NO. When you make a change to a computer such as: a new motherboard, Windows considers this as a "new computer", and the verification process for the serial key is needed to activate Windows (in my experience). BUT, it's usually no problem because the computer is pretty much the same so Microsoft will authenticate the key after the installation.

The fact that you will install a new mobo and cpu etc; means that Microsoft could consider it a "new computer" instead of an upgrade. (especially if you are considering buying a new tower, etc)

Legally, you'll probably need to purchase another copy of XP, but you should contact Microsoft to be 100% sure.

------------------

2.) No, Media Center Edition is really not a problem as far as CPU/mobo, it's just different features are included in the Operating System such as Windows Media Center, which wasn't included with some other versions of XP. The compatibility will be just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-mobo-keep-os.925385/
Relevancy 46.44%

Your advice please:Am running WIN98SE (after formatting, partitioning). HD is only 8.4GB, but after 3 years of hard use still have roughly 5GB free. ( Am a software junky but store most appys on CDRs and ZIPs.
I am not a gamer. Computer is Packard Bell multimedia, AMD-K6-2,3DNOW,model 955. I've changed CDROM to 52X and installed a good burner(both less than 6 months ago). All in all, (using DSL), am well pleased with system. However, I've been thinking of upgrading by changing to maybe 40GB HD, and new MOBO. I can get the ASUS A7V133 raid mobo w/VIAKT133A chipset w/Socket A interface, AND 1.2GB AMD Athlon processor for $169 + tax. Will I also have to upgrade power supply( don't have specs on present one)? Your thoughts please. Thanks, again.

A:MOBO/HD Upgrade

Old adage . . ."If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

More than likely, the K6 is using 2 or 4 clock dimms, or possibly 66 MHZ dimms. Your new board will require new memory, as your existing RAM will be too slow.

You will more than likely need a new powewr supply as Athlones like to suck the juise. Recommended minimum is 250 - 300 Watts. An additional fan or 2 for the hot Athlones would also be necessary.

If your also asking on whether or not you should go for the upgrade, I will only ask you this . . .

Do you need it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-hd-upgrade.58362/
Relevancy 46.44%

Ok Pc wouldn t start last week so I took it into the repair Mobo / / Upgrade Psu CPU guy Repair guy just phoned and said that it looks like a power surge destroyed the PSU and took out the Motherboard at the same time So I told him I ll take my Pc home and look at doing an upgrade Psu / Mobo / CPU Upgrade over the next couple of weeks buy the parts and bring it back to him to install it Ok so what I m looking at the moment is buying a gigabyte s GA-Ep T-UD LR core Motherboard for Au and A Quad core Q cpu AU I need Psu / Mobo / CPU Upgrade to do this as cheap as possible and to me this looks Psu / Mobo / CPU Upgrade like a good solution as everything else is working and should fit in my new motherboard If anyone can see any problems with this or a cheaper solution or even if I should get a newer motherboard memory CPU ect then let me know The only thing I don t like is that I can t run multiple Graphics cards on this motherboard which now seems to make the New Antec watts psu look like overkill If I go with this solution I will need in the future to get Windows I have xp pro now so I can run more and faster memory in the Motherboard But even with a quad core cpu I should be able to run FSX fairly well anyway hopefully Ok I have just noticed that My old MHZ ram is DDR that s not going to run in the new mobo is it Any suggetstions welcome Uly nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

so after a Nvidia driver update, I restarted my PC to find that it would switch to windows basic after 1-2 minutes and I couldn't revert it, I tried re running WEI, uninstalling the drivers completely, basically everything I can find, even Regedit and services.msc. I tried to play games that used to run fine and they now stutter all the time and get a low FPS. rolling back the driver doesn't help and some fixes worked temporarily but needed to be reapplied every startup but now those don't work. Is there anything I'm missing?

A:Nvidia GTX970 aero unsupported error, games stutter frequently

Download the latest driver for your card from here and save it to your desktop or other convenient location. Uninstall your GPU through Device Manager then shut the PC down, remove the power card and remove the card from the PC, then reseat the card and reboot.

Install the latest driver you downloaded previously and you should be good to go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/368559-nvidia-gtx970-aero-unsupported-error-games-stutter-frequently.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I m very new to the PC-building world I decided to buy some new going BLANK - monitor i7-4790k (Brand New signal Z97X-UD3H) HELP! GA + to SCREEN: No hardware My previous computer had an AMD motherboard and CPU and I wanted to make the switch over to Intel Here are my system specs starting with the new hardware I just bought followed by the existing hardware I intended to keep for the time being NEW Motherboard Gigabyte Z X-UD H LGA socket Processor CPU i - k GHz Power Supply Coolmax W BLANK SCREEN: No signal going to monitor (Brand New i7-4790k + GA Z97X-UD3H) - HELP! CU- B Memory RAM GB x GB Crucial Ballistix x BLS G D DS S x GB Crucial BLANK SCREEN: No signal going to monitor (Brand New i7-4790k + GA Z97X-UD3H) - HELP! Ballistix BLS G D DS S Case Chassis Corsair Carbide Series R -KEEPS- Video Card EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX Hard Drive TB Seagate Barracuda ST AS RPM Hard Drive TB Western Digital WD Green WD EZRX Optical Drive Blu-ray Disc Rewriter LG BH NS Monitor quot LG W V Operating System Windows -bit Service Pack My problem is that after all is said and done with every part hooked up to the power supply and motherboard all the fans spinning all the LED s displaying fine I still get absolutely no signal going from the computer to the monitor when I turn it on When I unhook the DVI cable from the video card a message on my monitor says quot Check Signal Cable quot meaning it knows that it s disconnected But then when I plug it back in that message goes away and it returns to quot Power Saving Mode quot meaning it at least recognizes that it s plugged into the video card It just doesn t send a signal to the monitor when the computer is turned on So I figured it must be the motherboard But even when I plug the DVI cable into the DVI port on the motherboard I get the exact same results The computer sounds like it s performing fine when it s on but the monitor is always blank Nothing is getting from the computer to the monitor I ve checked every cable the ATX cables the CPU fan cable the system fan cables the PCI-E cables for the video card and all the SATA cables Everything is hooked up exactly as they re supposed to be I ve read every instruction manual been to countless other websites searching for a possible solution and after agonizing days of this I am completely out of moves I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or solutions any of you might have nbsp

A:BLANK SCREEN: No signal going to monitor (Brand New i7-4790k + GA Z97X-UD3H) - HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-screen-no-signal-going-to-monitor-brand-new-i7-4790k-ga-z97x-ud3h-help.1140557/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey, I'm trying to upgrade my Dell dimension 2400 with a 2.8 Ghz Pentium 4 processor, 512 MB, 40 GB; and getting a mother board with PCI express slots for gaming as well as one that will support at least a gig of ram. I want to keep processor though. Help is great!

A:Upgrade Dell MoBo

You'd need a micro atx socket 478 board with pci-express x16 then. They've been made but are hard to find. It'd be a lot easier to find one with agp...
I replaced my 2300's board with a gigabyte 8IG1000MK, which has agp, and it's a decent board. Asus also makes some nice boards with agp that are matx and socket 478. I belive it was Asrock who made the one board with pci-e, socket 478, and micro atx form factor that I've seen, but not 100% sure.

Edit: here it is.
http://www.asrock.com/product/P4Dual-915GL.htm
But it has limitations on which pci-e cards it supports since it's a "fake" pci-express slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-dell-mobo.55601/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a standard HP desktop computer Its processor is an AMD I am looking to upgrade either now or soon Since it is a HP it has a generic mobo I tried to find out its name through physical examination and Everest Neither ending with sucess I have read up on processor upgrading and noticed you need to find out if that certain processor works with your mobo As far as I know there is no way I can find that out I know my mobo is a socket My chipset on my mobo is all this info is according to Everest ATI Radeon Xpress AMD Hammer I am looking to eventually upgrade to a AMD FX or so Question is how should I go about doing this seeing as I dont know what the mobo s name is so I cant look up if it is compatible I was thinking maybe getting the processor in-store at a best buy that way if it didnt work then I could easily return it I have more question does your chipset determine what kind of CPU and Mobo questions. upgrade video card you use Example when I first got my video card I got a nvidia oc This card didnt work at all and the integrated graphics performed much better I returned the card as a faulty product I then got a ATI x mb that improved my performance and worked just fine Again CPU upgrade and Mobo questions. I am interested in upgrading CPU upgrade and Mobo questions. to a nvidia gt Again since I have a ATI chipset will an nvidia card work I am thinking maybe that is why the first one wouldnt work Ok hopefully you guys can help me Keep in mind that I have a generic HP desktop computer with a x ati video card Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Id like to start by saying my knowledge of PC's software hardware etc is very limited and big words do confuse me My issue is that my current PC is quite old and dated and I want to upgrade it however I New + upgrade possible? 8 mobo windows cant afford a complete new build all at once I want to upgrade my mother board firstly however currently Im running OEM Windows Home Edition and if I have my facts straight I wont be able to just upgrade my mobo without installing a new version of windows New mobo + windows 8 upgrade possible? I would also like to upgrade to windows ideally by purchasing the upgrade DVD Is it possible New mobo + windows 8 upgrade possible? to do both and New mobo + windows 8 upgrade possible? if so how My assumption is if I upgrade to windows before I change the mobo I cant change the mobo without a new version of windows as it will be tied to the old mobo And if I change the mobo first I cant run the upgrade DVD properly Hopefully Im wrong and its a really simple process any and all advice appreciated Thanks in advance

A:New mobo + windows 8 upgrade possible?

First off, depending on how old the motherboard your replacing is, you may end up having parts that are not compatible with your new motherboard. You may be doing yourself a disservice trying to buy a motherboard to fit those older parts as well. You can build pretty cheaply gathering part from Newegg.com for a new build, if you looked into it already you might already be aware of that.

As far as the OS goes. If you don't have a retail copy of Windows that can be installed into your new build and then upgraded to Windows 8, then you might be better off just installing something like Ubuntu while you wait on the release of Windows 8. Then pickup an OEM version of Windows 8 that you could do a full install with.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10072-new-mobo-windows-8-upgrade-possible.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I looked through the installation questions and didn?t see this one.
I currently have Windows 7 64 (3 pack upgrade) installed on a dual core pc. I am upgrading to a quad core cpu and moving my dual core to my basement pc. My question is when I install the new cpu & mobo on my unit upstairs (with all existing drives in place) will Windows 7 have an issue with it? Will it see the new board & cpu and try use one of my 2 remaining licenses. I do want to put Windows 7 on my basement pc, but not just yet. I know in the past sometimes when I upgraded my hardware in XP it would force me to call Microsoft for a new key. Has anyone dealt with this yet?

A:Upgrade CPU & MOBO in Windows 7

I strongly suspect it will ask you to reactivate it, but if you put in your existing key, that should work. No need to use up another license key, your current one is still good.

If it gives you any trouble, give Microsoft a call: Microsoft Volume Licensing - Activation Centers

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/65921-upgrade-cpu-mobo-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I have an old emachine i am looking into replacing the faulty mobo to keep as a back up to upgrade/replacement Mobo ? my newer system - i was planning just to reinstall XP using the original manufacturers disc but i ve read Mobo upgrade/replacement ? this might prove difficult to authenticate with microsoft Is this absolutely the case despite the mobo needing to be replaced or might i get a break if i only install a similar model brand If so can anyone please recommend any mobo s The original is - Intel Desktop Board D GGC Chipset ATI Radion Xpress i PCI slot Being an old mobo it seems pretty unlikely to find a direct replacement - so looks most probable that i will need to find an upgrade - the question is -is there any chance an ugrade might get accepted by reinstall of XP can i still find a mobo with the same similar chipset or just go for a generally better more modern mobo pcu as i will have to invest in another OS Also - as this is only intended as a backup i intended keeping as much of the old set up as possible to keep cost down so reusing things like the recently purchased x mb DDR RAM mhz - will i have to forget that or can i get a mobo cpu compatible to this RAM Any advice recommendations appreciated nbsp

A:Mobo upgrade/replacement ?

Sorry , should have said the system has-
P4 processor , 3.06 Ghz /533 FSB
2 Gb DDR2 RAM (533)
Seagate Barracuda 120 gb HDD ST 3120213A ( 7200)
ATI Radion Xpress 200
New Corsair 400w PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-upgrade-replacement.133336/
Relevancy 46.01%

I upgraded to Jetway dap mobo with ath K CPU mb DDR hang after xp mobo upgrade pc Memory tested OK Runs OK in Safe Command Mode But hangs in normal boot up at longest seconds after desktop is loaded reverted to old mobo to get event logs for System and application and hope that someone who understands these logs can give me a clue what xp hang after mobo upgrade is going wrong each log was repeated many times and one of each is shown regards Sam LOGS Event Type Error Event Source VSS Event Category None Event ID Date Time User N A Computer DSM-QI AQL UUCC Description Volume Shadow Copy Service error Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance hr x For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data WRTWRTIC WRTWRTIC Event Type Error Event Source EventSystem Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer DSM-QI AQL UUCC Description The COM Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing HRESULT was C from line of d nt qxp com com x src events tier eventsystemobj cpp Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source ESENT Event Category General Event ID Date Time User N A Computer DSM-QI AQL UUCC Description wuauclt An attempt to delete the file quot C C SoftwareDistribution DataStore Logs tmp edb quot failed with system error x quot The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable quot The delete file operation will fail with error - xfffffc For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source ESENT Event Category Logging Recovery Event ID Date Time User N A Computer DSM-QI AQL UUCC Description wuauclt Unable to write a shadowed header for file C C SoftwareDistribution DataStore Logs tmp edb Error - For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source ESENT Event Category General Event ID Date Time User N A Computer DSM-QI AQL UUCC Description wuauclt An attempt to open the file quot C C SoftwareDistribution DataStore Logs tmp edb quot for read write access failed with system error x quot The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable quot The open file operation will fail with error - xfffffc For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source ESENT Event Category General Event ID Date Time User N A Computer DSM-QI AQL UUCC Description wuauclt An attempt to open the file quot C C SoftwareDistribution DataStore Logs tmp edb quot for read write access failed with system error x quot The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable quot The open file operation will fail with error - xfffffc For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source ParVdm Event Category None Event ID Date Time User N A Computer DSM-QI AQL UUCC Description Unable to get device object pointer for port object For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data V c

A:xp hang after mobo upgrade

Since your hardware has changed, XP no longer recognizes it. XP is expecting your old motherboard. You need to boot from the XP CD and do a repair install. Google for XP repair install for more information.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-hang-after-mobo-upgrade-32726.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone.
I was happily using Windows 7 with a Sandy Bridge mobo/CPU and everything was pretty stable.

I decided to upgrade to a Haswell mobo/CPU (Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H + Intel Core i5 4670K) and since, my setup has been very unstable.

I've reinstalled Windows 7 and I had a lot of BSOD.

I've since installed a fresh copy of Windows 8 Pro and it hasn't been better.

I've ran MemTest and Windows Memory Diagnostic, but found no errors. (Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 Vengeance 16GB 4X4GB)

Using WhoCrashed, I've noticed that the culprit seems to be : ntkrnlmp.exe
The error is often : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Sometimes it's : MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or BAD_POOL_HEADER

Now I'm trying without my discrete GPU (PowerColor AX6850 1GBD5-DH Radeon HD 6850)... I'll update on my situation.

Also, I've been having problems with USB3... but that has been well documented already...

Thanks for reading and helping.

A:3-4 BSOD every day since mobo upgrade

Sometimes a 4x4 memory confiuration requires a slight voltage increase due to the combined 4 module power drain. However, before I would even think about doing that, since your error messages point to (possibly) a memory issue, I would recommend that you try running with just two modules to see if that fixes your errors. If not, I would remove the first two and try the second two. Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/28212-3-4-bsod-every-day-since-mobo-upgrade.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hi guys

my pc is not as fast as it shoud be running 3d programs music and things slows it down a lot.

its got a 2ghz cpu and 2gb of ram so not really a slow pc i think
the problem is with the mobo as its a cheap one that was fitted
when my ns7 mobo dident work now i am looking to upgrade if you
think it will help i have a
agp gfx card,
DDR 184 PIN PC3200 ram
and socet a cpu
so i need a mobo to work with that any idears??

thanks.

A:mobo upgrade problems.

Hi there,

What makes you 100% sure it's the mobo?
I would recommend a Asus A7N8X but it would have to be second hand from somewhere - I don't think the main motherboard players are still producing SocA hardware.
Maybe Ebay it. Find one from a recognised manufacturer - Gigabyte, Asus, MSI for example, and then do a review search.
You may want to check memory compatibility too. This is normally lists on the memory makers website or the motherboard makers webiste too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-upgrade-problems.505322/
Relevancy 46.01%

I built my first computer last summer, here are the specs

Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP1
Suse Linux 10
MGE/XG Sidewinder Case
MGE 550w PSU
Intel Celeron D 2.93ghz CPU
MSI P4MAM2-V Series Mobo
Western Digital Caviar 120GB HDD
CD/DVD-ROM
CDRW/DVDRW
ATI Radeon 9550 (256)
Santa Cruise Turtle Beach Sound
Dell Data Fax Modem
Logitech MX5000 Desktop
Dell 19'' Trinitron Monitor

I am looking to replace my current ATX motherboard with something that will better suit my needs. I've been looking and the best one I found was this.

I want something with:
Socket 478
8x AGP
2DDR Slots, 4 would be a plus
5 or more PCI slots
The rest is pretty much optional, want to spend somewhere around $75 or less. Is the above mobo any good? Do y'all have any suggestions for me, any help is appreciated.

Thanks
-FOX-

A:Need help selecting an upgrade mobo.

I would suggest an Abit IS7. The E2 version (2 DDR slots, no IEEE1394) goes for only $68 at Newegg. I have one of those running on my son's PC for 3 years now with no problems. But I bought the full version with 4 DDR slots and 1394.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127174

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-selecting-an-upgrade-mobo.44989/
Relevancy 46.01%

I ve been here several times for various problems so this was the first place I could think of when I have a problem I currently have Windows XP Pro SP Ghz Dual Core Gb ram It s a P o S system I cobbled together about a year ago Unfortunately the mobo does not have an AGP PCI-E slots only regular mobo? GFX get card, I the a Should upgrade or new PCI I had a Geforce fx PCI GFX card in there but it crapped out on me a few days ago So Should I upgrade the GFX card, or get a new mobo? now I m stuck with the onboard My question is should I just pick up a new PCI GFX card or first upgrade the mobo to include PCI-E If anyone has any suggestions on some good cheap PCI cards that d be great It s housed in a business slim Compaq case so in order for me to have a PCI card in there that s normal size I have to leave the top off I d be more than happy to supply more information if people want to recommend GFX Mobo suggestions I m not made of money it s kinda tight so the cheaper the better As far as games are concerned I don t play much mainly World of Warcraft so I m not looking for SLI or anything such The more graphic options I can turn on the better EDIT Here s some more information I thought I should provide It s an HP dc sff business desktop Intel GV Motherboard it has an open spot for AGP just no slot Watt PS yuck I can get a generic PS and case no problem Can anyone recommend me Should I upgrade the GFX card, or get a new mobo? a good mobo GFX combo or even just a good GFX card for PCI Should I upgrade the GFX card, or get a new mobo? nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Recently I ve been contemplating upgrading my PC for two reasons for the sake of upgrading and having some newer technolgy for hopefully better performance i ve been having a weird issue with turing my computer on Elaborating on reason When my computer is off MoBo Upgrade Vid or card? whether its been off for awhile or if I had just turned it off and I turn it back on one of things happen It cuts on and everything is great As soon as power comes on i get endless bios beeps fast continuous beeps and repeats until i cut it off No Display I hit the power button everything comes on but I never hear a bios beep and Upgrade MoBo or Vid card? i have Upgrade MoBo or Vid card? no display And it will stay like that until I cut it off and back on Each time i cut it off and back on one of those things will happen More commonly is the rd Now I d like to save myself some money so what my question boils down to is this I play MMORPGS which as usual require some decent hardware Currently I m just playing Second Life and just want better performance So is it necessary to buy a new MoBo and of course the memory i d have to get with a core duo and PCI-E slots and a PCI-E vid card Or just buy a newer and better AGP vid card and some more RAM for my current MoBo Would it be worth it in the long run Right now i m running the following GIGABYTE GA- IP Intel P chipset LGA Pentium AGP ATI RADEON MB MB PC Dual Channel DDR RAM nbsp

A:Upgrade MoBo or Vid card?

i would get a new mobo and what ever you need, sounds like your old pc is on its last leg. it would suck to buy a new kick *** video card just to have your system crash a day/week/month after you bought it.good luck, have fun!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-mobo-or-vid-card.627162/
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently had a new mobo combo installed in my desktop. Now everytime I start the system(after shut-down), I have to change the clock settings for Win XP Home. Any ideas what may cause this? Could the cmos battery on the mobo possibly be weak?
* System Summary *

Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+ 1.8 GHz
Math Support: Present
BIOS: VIAK8M - 42302e31 Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG, 10/1
Bus Type: PCI, ISA, USB
Ports: 1 Parallel, 2 Serial
Memory: 447 MB (50% Utilized)
Floppy Disks: 1.44 MB
Hard Disks: 37.31 GB
Multimedia: Sound, CD-ROM
Video: 1024 x 768 in 32-Bit Color, VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP Ver. 6.14
Motherboard: K8M800-M7A

< Operating System >
Windows: 5.1 (Build 2600) XP Home Edition (upgraded from Win98)

Relevancy 46.01%

I saved a Gateway G6-350 from the landfill and on Earth Day no less!
This is a Micro ATX P2 system and I want to modernize it. The back panel seems to punched out for a specific MoBo, not like the other cases I have that accept numerous kinds of back panels with an adapter plate.
Ant suggestions or possabilities with this case or should I gut it and sell the parts on ebay.

A:Gateway G6-350 MObO Upgrade Q

part it on ebay. You could use the case, but micro ATX are a pain to build.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-g6-350-mobo-upgrade-q.76129/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a Gateway FX7024 w/a very overclockable Q6600. Can someone recommend a good mobo that hasnt been discontinued?
I am running DDR2 5300 memory that compatibility is a must..
thxs

A:Mobo upgrade Q6600

Just a couple of reccomendations of the top of my head:

The Asus P5q Pro and Deluxe are good overclockers. I'm pretty sure they can handle 5300

The Nvidia 750i, 780i boards are pretty popular too.

It also depends on whether you prefer nvidia or ATI, plan to go SLI or crossfire as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/6537-mobo-upgrade-q6600.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Can anyone tell me about this . Do these things really work. From what I read it looks like there has to be a catch.

A:Upgrade P2 350 to 1G without relpacing Mobo???

GO TO ZDNET & READ

http://home.zdnet.com/products/stories/pipreviews/0,8827,377987,00.html

PRO's & CON's

Prequalification is the most important part of the process. Checking Evergreen's Web site, we discovered that the Intel Atlanta motherboard and 440LX chip set in our 266MHz Pentium II Gateway system were unsuitable for the Performa600 upgrade. (Evergreen does say that the Performa600 is for 350MHz or faster systems, but we figured we'd give it a try nonetheless.) Our second choice was a 450MHz NEC system with an Intel Seattle motherboard and a 440BX chip set. It took a call to Evergreen's customer-service line to find out that this system was also unsuitable -- which, quite frankly, we were surprised to hear.

Finally, we went out and bought an MSI BXMaster motherboard with an Award BIOS and 440BX chip set and installed it in the Gateway chassis. Although we had to do some slight BIOS fiddling to get the Performa600 working, it didn't require too much effort. Next, we ran Evergreen's testing software to determine any needed BIOS upgrades and perform rudimentary performance checks. Finally, we tested the Performa600.

And were we ever impressed. The CPUmark 99 score went from 21.2 with the 266MHz Pentium II to 41.8 with the Performa600. That's better than a 97 percent increase in CPU power, and the improvements did not stop there. The 2D-graphics score shot up nearly 66 percent, and overall performance, as measured by Business Winstone 99, jumped almost 36 percent.

Even factoring in the cost of the new motherboard, we were able to turn our dozing 266MHz system into a 600MHz workhorse for less than $400. In our book, that's not bad at all.
Savvy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-p2-350-to-1g-without-relpacing-mobo.60862/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have two HDD, Master( original boot disk) and slave (clone of Master) and I am moving the slave to a new rig with a new MoBo, CPU, etc. The whole works is new and I need to know if Windows XP will boot from the slave, which will be the master in the new system without having to reinstall my OS. I have an extra, new copy of Windows Xp so I could reformat the slave and run a clean install if I had to, but I need to know before I remove the slave from the old rig. I have heard of people having MAJOR problems after upgrading with win Xp and I just need to know if I should avoid the drama and start from scratch or can I do this without Bill Gates crashing my system because he thinks I am pirating his precious XP.

Relevancy 46.01%

hi, can anyone suggest a decent mobo upgrade from this one, pc just died, i will get new psu , cpu looks ok, was a smell of burnt plastic when it went think its mobo myself.
thnx in advance

A:mobo upgrade -ga-7vaxp

GigaByte board? I've still got a GA-7VA running XP. It doesn't have a fan on either chipset but the GA-7VAXP did on one, if I can remember all those years back. If so, was that still running?
You'll have a problem locating a new Socket A motherboard, let alone one compatible with whatever Athlon or Sempron (maybe even Duron?) you use - the mobo's were a bit choosey in those days. Also, you'll probably have PC2700 or PC3200 RAM and you'll have to check that whatever replacement mobo you get will accept what you have got.
If you're using Win 98SE (my favourite still! ) you won't find a current generation mobo with drivers for it - at least, I can't find one for any OS older than Win 2000.
New low-end mobo's and dual core CPU's are really cheap, as is most hardware, so you might consider it worthwhile to build a whole new rig - including the power supply. It's not worth taking a risk with the old PSU if the mobo has blown.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-upgrade-ga-7vaxp.690439/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello Here is a quick summary for those who don t want the whole shebang I need suggestions for a good ATX motherboard and CPU that will handle simple games like Roblox and p movie streaming I have a nearly year old desktop computer nothing special at all It is the family desktop so it will not be used for anything other than super light gaming my nephew plays Roblox CPU/Mobo upgrade non for gaming on it surfing and watching movies I bought a BenQ p monitor for my own gaming PC and connected it to both that and this desktop to give the rest of the family a bit of an upgrade I noticed right away that the computer CPU/Mobo upgrade for non gaming already performed slower with this higher resolution It is also running a -bit processor and I have a copy of windows pro bit that I want to put on that machine so I need suggestions for a CPU and mobo that will run me less than buying a new computer from scratch The parts are all good and well maintained I just want to upgrade to bit so that we can take advantage of the free upgrade to windows and possibly even adding more memory in the future if my nephew starts playing higher quality games as he gets older EDIT my only requirement is that the motherboard must be full ATX since I do not want to replace the case Any suggestions are welcome Thank you nbsp

A:CPU/Mobo upgrade for non gaming

WorldFamousWiz said:

EDIT: my only requirement is that the motherboard must be full ATX, since I do not want to replace the case!Click to expand...

If you do indeed have a full ATX case, it will fit mATX as well as miniITX motherboards.

What exactly is your budget?

Newegg has kits anywhere from $100 to $800. - http://www.newegg.com/DIY-PC-Combos/PromotionStore/ID-33/Page-6

These are nice kits for around $300

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1658471
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2142046
I know you said you didn't want to replace the case but for around 300 this is not a bad deal

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2142387
You can find lower prices at Tigerdirect with smaller bundles. - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=14
In my opinion don't get a kit with Celeron or Pentium, unless you are planing an upgrade in the future to i5 or i7. Bewarned though that Intel pricing doesn't fall as quickly as one would hope.

As for AMD suggestions, you'll need to speak with someone else. I'm not an AMD follower. I will admit that for the best savings AMD is the way to go. But then performance wise they struggle to compare to Intel, when you match prices. Which is the very reason I advised not to get Celeron or Pentium. The i3 or comparable AMD is the perfect performance level to be. Anyone needing more power will know they need more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-mobo-upgrade-for-non-gaming.210617/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello My PSU died and and mobo, upgrade memory PSU, CPU instead of just replacing it I thought I should just upgrade everything My current build ASUS P N-T Deluxe GSkill GB PSU, mobo, CPU and memory upgrade X GB DDR X-Fi sound blaster X evga GeForce GTS MB GGDR SLI PSU, mobo, CPU and memory upgrade and Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield Ghz Socket I plan on keeping the two GeForce PSU, mobo, CPU and memory upgrade GTS for now and the soundcard Here is what I am thinking I want to spend around I plan on playing some PC games current setup is great with source engine doing a little video editing and using Adobe Creative Suite Here is what I came up with that is essentially AMD vs Intel http pcpartpicker com user computerpain saved qbXJ P vs http pcpartpicker com user computerpain saved fFt TW I am leaning Intel because the higher end processors are supposed to be better than AMDs from what I read Am I missing a CPU I should consider in terms of price and performance Any other components I should swap out I appreciate the help nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I currently have a Q6600 processor with 4 Gig DDR 2 Ram.

I want to upgrade my Mobo and processor but still keep the DDR 2. I also have Win 7 so I will do a reinstall at 64 Bit.

Any ideas what Processor and Mobo I should get? I'm in the Uk, and have about 300 to spend. Any help would be great

A:Processor and Mobo upgrade

What motherboard do you currently have? A little hard to suggest anything when we don't know what you are currently using

What else do you have in the system, this will also have an impact on your choice of motherboard (although only marginally).

What speed is your DDR2 RAM?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-and-mobo-upgrade.952796/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey all Now instead of buying a PCI vid card and more memory I m thinking about a new mobo instead since then I could get an AGP card Someone upgrade mobo questions told me I could get something called a a v for about which sounds like a great price But I don t mobo upgrade questions know jack about mobo cards so I have a few questions First do motherboards have to do with RAM Like do certain mobos only accept SDRAM and others DDR And do all mobos come with some sort of integrated graphics My mobo right now has Intel e so if I take it out I guess I won t have a graphics card thing and I probably won t be able to buy a good graphics card until a few months after I get the new mobo Second does anyone know anything about the a v I don t need it to be top-notch just good enough to play Medal of Honor AA and the upcoming Star Wars Galaxies And are there any better mobos that sell for a good price like - U S dollars Thanks in advance for putting up with my stupidity nbsp

A:mobo upgrade questions

New motherboard
-----------------------
Given that you don't have AGP, this would be wise.

Motherboards and certain types of RAM
---------------------------------------------------
Yes, certain motherboards only take certain types of RAM. Most nearly any new motherboard you get will take DDR-SDRAM. So your upgrade will involve a new processor, new memory and new mobo all in one.

All motherboards come with integrated graphics
-------------------------------------------------------------
Some do, not all.

The a7v266 is a good enough board, as far as I remember. But you will need a new processor, motherboard and memory. This makes for quite an expensive upgrade but you will notice a big difference. If you are using Windows 2000 or XP you will have to reinstall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-upgrade-questions.4254/
Relevancy 46.01%

hey all ya overclockers, in the near feuture i plan to buy a new mobo, cpu. i want to get somthing less expensive maby amd and overclock it. and the ram does any one reccomend a good chip and board for not a lot. my budget is "as low as i can" it need sata 1.5g and ddr ram and an agp{this could be optional if it had onboard video]and at least 1 ide channel[don't think thats hard] atx or microatx form factor any 1 got suggestions??

A:lookin to upgrade mobo

You are on a very tight budget...right?I don't think AMD has to be your choice. There will probably be a lot of opinions on your question. I would get and ECS P4M800PRO-M motherboard. They are an inexpensive but reliable motherboard. Like anything else, maintain all your components well. Keep them cool and not full of dust and fur balls and stuff. It has the Intel 775 CPU socket. This gives you a lot of choices. I would get an Intel 945 or 925 Presler, dual core CPU. The 945 runs @ 3400mhz x2. Each core has 2 MB of cache. It has the hookup for your sata 1.5. It does have an AGP slot. You can run, 400 mhz/533mhz. DDR or DDR2 ram. The front side bus of the Presler processor is 800. The FSB of the board is 1066 (all will work). At Fry's I got the motherboard and cpu bundle(the ones I listed) for about $125. I run 2 Gigs of 533mhz ddr2 with a couple of SATA 1.5's and My Vista program give me a 4.6 performance ratio. XP runs great on it also. I am stepping up to the new Intel QUAD soon but this setup has been very competitive. I run an EVGA 8800 GTS 320mb SC GFX and it games with no hesitations. Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lookin-to-upgrade-mobo.55812/
Relevancy 46.01%

Last night I upgraded the mobo cpu and power supply in one of my mobo woes upgrade computers MSI K N Delta -LSR AMD Athlon XP Trermaltake Purepower W After a little work I got everything up and running except for a few problems that I can t seem to figure out My new cpu mobo upgrade woes should be and was for the couple of days it was in the old mobo running at about GHz i believe However the new mobo sees the cpu as mobo upgrade woes an AMD Athlon Ghz the old mobo a Gigabyte DX saw it mobo upgrade woes as a AMD Athlon XP I believe My Floopy drive doesn t work at all Things I ve done so far A Did a freash install of Windows XP B Installed the drivers that came with the mobo C Installed and patched Norton Personal Firewall D Installed Symantec AV Small Business x Can t patch untill floppy works E Downloaded all critical security and driver updates for Win XP now running SP F Downloaded Firefox PR G Downloaded the current drivers from MSI s website H Downloaded the current bios for the mobo s website but can t install them until the floppy works I Tried using a different power connecter for the Floopy J Tried using both the old and new came with mobo floppy cable to connect to the mobo All help is appreciated I m sure that I left out something important and will try to get you the answers as soon as possible but right now I ve got to get back to work Thanks Antimony nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Good Morning All Recently upgraded my upgrade? on mobo Advice RAM and tried to overclock my CPU OCing the CPU Q didn't seem to be a problem but the RAM Corsair Advice on mobo upgrade? x Advice on mobo upgrade? GB TWIN X - C DF won't run at Advice on mobo upgrade? at all on my mobo I just get BSODs I've turned the RAM down to and this gives me one BSOD and then boots and runs ok I've got the Q at I'm not happy with this so I've decided I need a mobo upgrade plus a better case I don't need that just deserve it lol My local PC guru recommends the Asus P Q Pro currently got P N-E SLI and I can afford that along with a Coolermaster Cosmos S I've looked at the P Q Deluxe and it doesn't really seem worth the half as much again I'd have to pay I'm happy with my current GPU BFG GTS OC although I might go for a top end ATI when they come down in price But basically the P Q Pro seems to have what I need and is supoosed to be a wicked overclocker Does anyone have any experience with this board I notice it only has phase power rather than Not really sure what that means but is it a problem I'd be glad of any comments advice Think I'd better buy this quick before my credit card becomes a piece of plastic lol Best wishes to all John

A:Advice on mobo upgrade?

I've got 8 gigs of the same ram running at 1066 on my P5Q Deluxe, don't see why 4 wouldn't run just fine for you on the P5Q Pro.

That's one of the reasons I got the Asus board. I'm not an Asus fanboy, but I read they will will often run all ram slots at faster than 800 where other boards don't, and so far it hasn't disappointed me.

Whatever you do however, don't install their crappy software. It doesn't like x64 much.

I like the Cosmos S, wish I'd gotten that instead of the 1000 at times, thought the 1000 is a lot quieter. I'm going to see if I can snag the mobo tray from the S and put it in my 1000, as I've stumbled into beta testing a lot of CPU coolers lately and it's a pain in the ass to take the mobo out all the time. I think the S has a cutout so you don't have to remove the mobo. Maybe I can convince them to send me one

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/184024-advice-mobo-upgrade.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Please answer if you can.
I have a Slot 1 DFI P2XLX Mobo with a Intel 440lx agp chipset.

I recently purchased a Super Sloket 3 converter and I was wondering what the max P3 I could use effieciently would be.

The specs for the boards BUS frequency are: The External BUS Clock frequency is controlled by a software setting in the "Chipset Features Setup" screen in the BIOS Setup Utility. The current BIOS version supports frequency settings of 60/66/68/75/83MHz.
It has up to a 5x multiplier

Does this limit me to a 400mhz chip or could I upgrade the bios to support a higher BUS frequency?

A:Mobo Chip Upgrade

First of all ,the P3 doesn't use the Super Socket 3 .It uses Socket 370.You could see if DFI has any update for your BIOS.It may help to support higher bus speeds and clock multipliers.As of now ,your mobo can support only 83 Mhz.*5=415 Mhz. Processors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-chip-upgrade.116542/
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm currently looking for a mobo to replace my MS-6378X-L. The main reason for the upgrade is an AGP slot (I have a Radeon 9200 128mb AGP 8X laying around). My goal is to find a mobo compatible to my current CPU + Memory. Money is very tight right now so I can't afford new RAM ect. but I love FPS games!

Current setup:

32IN LCD WESTINGHOUSE
AMD Athlon XP 1700+ (OC'D 2000+)
MS-6378X-L
PC-133 SDRAM 512MB (OC'D 150)
ATI DIAMOND PCI 9250 256MB

Any links or suggestions will be much appreciated!

A:Low Budget Mobo UpGrade

Where in the world are you?

Its no good us giving you links unless we know what currency you wish to use!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-budget-mobo-upgrade.87361/
Relevancy 46.01%

I currently have an ASUS P3B-F Mobo, 466 MHz Celeron CPU, and 128 MB PC-100 RAM. This setup has sufficed for many years.

Now, I'm into digital photography. I want to manipulate and print pics. My system above is quite slow.

Should I upgrade to a faster CPU (can go to P3 1.0 GHz), and more RAM or should I purchase another MOBO, CPU, and RAM?

Cost vs. performance is an issue.

What is the most performance gain that I can get with the least cost?

Thank you for your assistance!

A:Graphics: Upgrade or New MOBO?

You could do all of what you mentioned!
Butt one way (inexpensive) to start with maybe to upgrade your Memory!
128 is fairly low (IMHO) for graphics. I use 512 Meg and still lock up occasionally on an AMD 450.

John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-upgrade-or-new-mobo.144551/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello (A64 Which X800) +mobo or upgrade I ve decided to upgrade this machine as it is becoming a bit dated The only problem is I don t know what to upgrade I am on a limited budget and thus can not afford to Which upgrade (A64 +mobo or X800) upgrade both cpu amp mobo along with the video card First the three alternatives I m looking at A and msi K Neo Platinum Socket A and MSI K T Neo Fir Socket An X based card list is what I d call a stop-gap upgrade as it won t be a very big upgrade from my nor one which I d expect to last very long It ll neither have Socket nor PEG Which upgrade (A64 +mobo or X800) which would be nice to have But it is cheap and I could get it faster is a bit more future-proof with Socket and a better cpu It won t have PEG but as I can not afford both this and a new video card I can live with that besides mobo s are cheap compared to cpu s will accomplish what I d really like as I ll be able to turn AA back on in BF running AA at is not working in that game and is around the same price and are the ones which are the most tempting is cheaper and thus won t affect my budget too much And a few Q s As I m using Win k will I see any effect of going -bit I know there is a -bit version of XP coming but I d prefer to stick to Win k Will and how will it work Also do you agree with my choices for motherboard in and or do you have other suggestions I am mostly drawn to Which upgrade (A64 +mobo or X800) for now and then picking up an X based card when it drops some more in price Posted this in Other Hardware as it s both Video and Cpu chipset Comments nbsp

A:Which upgrade (A64 +mobo or X800)

I too vote for a Socket-754 / 3000+ upgrade for now. Once VGA cards start leaving AGP, it'll make thos cards even cheaper.

Since you seem to change mobos everytime you upgrade your CPU anyways, I don't think it's such a big deal for you to go socket-754 now & eventually get a socket-939 system further down the road.

& even if you don't, you can always get a 3700+ for your socket-754 board. The only downside I see is that 0.09 Athlon64s aren't scheduled to be released for the socket-754 platform. But in any case, they already run quite cool as it is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-upgrade-a64-mobo-or-x800.15222/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I have a computer with a Via P 1.8 Need a upgrade Socket for 478 a Willamette mobo VM chipset and it BLOWS for doing anything remotely tasking I wanted to Need a mobo upgrade for a Socket 478 Willamette 1.8 upgrade the motherboard to another Socket motherboard that would have a better chipset I don t want to completely rebuild it because it is my grandmother s computer and we just rebuilt another one Went from a Athlon Gigabyte Need a mobo upgrade for a Socket 478 Willamette 1.8 K NSC nForce FX MB GB DDR RAM Windows XP to Need a mobo upgrade for a Socket 478 Willamette 1.8 i - Asus P Z -V LX Sandy Bridge GTS GB GB RAM Windows -bit I m simply looking to improve the performance of that computer without changing everything in there or changing the operating system You guys got any ideas I guess I can take suggestions for a new motherboard processor memory combo that s not Socket but I need IDE and AGP I m really not trying to upgrade the HD and I don t have money to get a new dedicated GPU or PSU But then again if something can be found for around total and have an Intel processor preferred I might listen nbsp

A:Need a mobo upgrade for a Socket 478 Willamette 1.8

As I understand it, if you change the motherboard, you need to reinstall the OS anyway. If you're absolutely desperate not to do that then RAM and CPU upgrades are really the only way you can go, and even that'll be annoying, and probably cost more than investing in new hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-mobo-upgrade-for-a-socket-478-willamette-1-8.171880/
Relevancy 45.58%

My mobo bit the dust, so instead of sending it to cyberpowerpc im buying a brand new different better motherboard, im wondering with the vista disk i got with my pc its a recovery disk if it will Install on my computer, and if it will activate? now i hear its shouldnt in its warranty but if you call microsoft theyll activate it anyway??

now do you actually talk to someone or do you talk to an automated messaging system...

and what number could i call to find out? i havent ordered the new motherboard yet

A:Having to upgrade my Mobo, installing OEM vista?

i seriously doubt the disc will work

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/having-to-upgrade-my-mobo-installing-oem-vista-349720.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am considering upgrading my laptop cpu, but I am not sure what CPU upgrades are compatible with my board, and when I try to look I draw a complete blank.

My motherboard is:

Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Model 0YXXJJ
Version A09
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Havendale/Clarkdale Host Bridge
Chipset Revision 18
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model HM57
Southbridge Revision 06
BIOS
Brand Dell Inc.
Version A09
Date 10/19/2010

A:How can you tell what CPU upgrade your laptop mobo can support?

BomberAF:

From my experience, I have not seen laptops that the cpu was not soldered onto the mb. But I could be wrong but most laptops require a heck of a lot of tools and experience to take them apart and put in a new cpu.

In the long run, it might be less aggrivation to just buy a new laptop as they are getting cheaper and cheaper.
You might want to let us know why you want to change the cpu?

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/171905-how-can-you-tell-what-cpu-upgrade-your-laptop-mobo-can-support.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Im replacing my Motherboard and CPU and i dont know how i can find out if the old power supply is right for the new motherboard.

A:Mobo upgrade (Power supply)

welcome to T.S.G samcat.

go to the mobo manufacturers site or do a search for reviews of that board and see if you can get any info on recomended psu`s

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-upgrade-power-supply.121274/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, for these couple of days when i was playing wc3, i was having alot of screen lag. I have updated all my drives inlcuding video card and proccessor. But im not sure if i upgraded/updated my mobo which is an ASUS. When i went to the site i wasnt sure what to do... Can any 1 help me out here?

Model: ASUS - A7V8X-X
Nvidia Geforce2 Mx/Mx 400
AMD Althon (TM)xp 2000+

A:Unsure Of Mobo Update/upgrade

You have a VIA Chipset (KT400A). I'm assuming you have Windows XP - Version 5.10a. You will need to reinstall the video card drivers after installing these.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsure-of-mobo-update-upgrade.60170/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I'm currently running a two year installation of Win Pro mobo upgrade+ssd - Insane maneuver bit installed with AHCI on a i chipset motherboard which i'd like to keep Here's my setup and my battleplan C gb hdd gb full system IDE D gb hdd empty clean IDE Z tb data HDD SATA i moterboard chipset Win Pro Insane maneuver - mobo upgrade+ssd bit updated to the day installed with AHCI on I want to move my installation to a Z motherboard and move my entire system disk on a gb SSD Here's what i plan to do Copy C to D using HDClone drivecopy drive Shrink C to SDD size gb defragged before Install new Drivers for Z mobo Copy C to SDD which will fit perfectly without ajustments or partition tricks Shutdown and pray Remove C D drives Install mobo -Drives on SATA -Plug in evreything Startup BIOS -AHCI ON -Hyperthreading ON -Boot priority Bootmgr bcdfix if needed on bootup Boot Windows With luck i should have my new system running on an SSD with a new mobo and without too many IRQ or such issues I'll have a backup clone before and after the driver updates and i also have IDE to Sata adaptors in case i need to plugin my IDE drives which i'm hoping i won't have to do So what am i forgetting Tips

A:Insane maneuver - mobo upgrade+ssd

Not sure I understand it all, but....

If the current C occupies 60 GB, I certainly wouldn't move it to a 64 GB SSD, unless I could shrink C to maybe 30 first. 60 GB used on a 64 GB drive is way too cramped.

Why copy C to D?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/248715-insane-maneuver-mobo-upgrade-ssd.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Birthday coming up soon And I want to upgrade the mobo on my machine My current system PSU Thermaltake TR RX W Mobo INTEL D GZIS Processor Intel R Core TM my Help/Advice! - Want Mobo Solved: to upgrade Need CPU GHz Memory RAM GB DDR Mhz Graphics Gainward Solved: Want to upgrade my Mobo - Need Help/Advice! NVIDIA GeForce GTX Primary hard disk Western Digital Caviar Black TB Windows Ultimate RC Bit I have Solved: Want to upgrade my Mobo - Need Help/Advice! always been curious of the Nvidia Mobos and i have been looking in that direction for quiet a while Currently i have my eyes set on EVGA nForce i Ultra SLI Motherboard Im sort of a newbie when it comes to motherboards how good do you find this motherboard is It does support my Cpu although my ram are DDR and the mobo supports DDR that means i have to get new ram right Also I plan to upgrade my CPU later on just not right now does this make it a good Mobo pick In addition ive read nvidia gpu s run better on nvidia mobo is that true If so doesnt this Mobo have a little advantage over others since i own an Nvidia Gpu Im also very unlucky with hardware purchases i know they are updated very frequently believe it or not when i bought my GPU the newer version quot GX quot was released the same week So should i wait abit longer for newer generations to be released cause this mobo is abit old i believe or should i just go ahead and get this one Thanks in Advance Mark nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

This may be a silly question, but I want to ask anyway...

I'm currently running a home-made PC with Win XP, a 1.2Ghz Processor, 512Mb of PC2100 DDR, and dual HDD's (7200 RPM 80Gb Master and a 5600 RPM 20GB Slave) with a Radeon 8500LE video card (128Mb and runs at 250Mhz/250Mhz).

As I am becoming more and more addicted to games as time goes on, I wanted to know if I would better prepared in the future to play cutting edge games (i.e. Deus X, Doom 3, Halo) by upgrading my Mobo/CPU (faster processor, faster FSB, etc.) or by upgrading my video card? My 8500LE seems to doing it for me now, but I would like to see some better frame rates and play at higher resolutions. Lastly I should mention that my mobo will not support anything faster than the 1.2Ghz processor I'm currently running.

Suggestions??

A:Video Card vs. Mobo/CPU Upgrade

Your video card is fine, if you really want to, you could throw some better cooling on it and overclock it.

If you had the money, then I would upgrade to a nice new motherboard with a brand new CPU, but if you do, you will most likely have to reinstall Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-vs-mobo-cpu-upgrade.142439/