Windows Support Forum

EVGA Nvidia 7800GS - DVI to HDMI sound

Q: EVGA Nvidia 7800GS - DVI to HDMI sound

I have an old computer which I am converting into a media system. It has a EVGA NVIDIA 7800GS card (AGP) which I am connecting a DVI to HDMI cable. Will this support sound through the DVI to HDMI cable or am I stuck with computer speaker sound from the computer audio port?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: EVGA Nvidia 7800GS - DVI to HDMI sound

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: EVGA Nvidia 7800GS - DVI to HDMI sound

no, the sound will not be carried through the DVI connection. if you were using a direct HDMI output on the card it would work (if the sound had audio processing) but only the video will be carried (i.e. DVI does not support sound)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-7800gs-dvi-to-hdmi-sound.157563/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys, I have searched a lot of forums but haven't found any relevent answers. I am sorry if this is a repeat.

What happened is that I disabled my nvidia graphic card from the control panel and it was too late until I realised my mistake as I had already pressed the restart button. Now I try to start my pc but all that happens is that I hear the sounds I always hear but nothing appears in the screens. I have tried several monitors. I have unhooked the monitor from the nvidia and connected it to the onboard gpu and still no luck. I tried resetting the bios but that didn't help either.

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 ghz

GPU:
ZOTAC Nvidia GeForce GT610 Synergy Edition.

A:I disabled my Nvidia Geforce GT610 graphics card accidentally and now I can't see a thing

You'll not make that mistake again and neither will I. You can't see anything when Windows boots but you know it's there. Maybe there's a way round this but I never found it and ended up reinstalling Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-disabled-my-nvidia-geforce-gt610-graphics-card-accidentally-and-now-i-cant-see-a-thing.203943/
Relevancy 24.94%

Following yesterday's worldwide launch of Windows 10, all three major GPU vendors have released new graphics drivers that support Microsoft's new operating system. If you're upgrading to Windows 10, make sure you download and install these drivers soon after launch. ...

Read more

A:AMD, Nvidia and Intel release new GPU drivers for Windows 10

Is AMD planning to release Windows 10 drivers for RadeonHD234k cards too? Are those machines stuck with Windows 7?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-nvidia-and-intel-release-new-gpu-drivers-for-windows-10.217386/
Relevancy 24.51%

Nvidia has announced a new game bundle for their high-end GeForce graphics cards, giving gamers a free copy of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain with qualifying purchases at participating retailers.

Read more

A:Nvidia bundles Metal Gear Solid V with new graphics cards

Just perfect....am now shopping for a card and the gtx 960 seems the more likely choice for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-bundles-metal-gear-solid-v-with-new-graphics-cards.216927/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi everyone A few days ago I replaced my cpu motherboard and hdds on my system OLD System main components Case Antec v Cpu i Mobo Asus onboard realtek mobo low crackling) bk volume (very ud3h sound ac1150 issue - and Gigabyte p x d-e RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Intel Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) gb ssd Win HDD WD TB black New System main components Case Antec v Cpu i k Mobo Gigabyte z x - ud h-bk RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Samsumg evo gb ssd Win HDD WD Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) TB black I was able to clone the ssd and hdd samsung migration for ssd and Easeus todo backup for hdd Initally I had some driver conflict when I Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) booted up the computer on the new mobo I managed to uninstall all the old drivers and then used the driver cd to install the mobo drivers and even updated all of them to the latest version I The conflict I m still having is with the back panel audio for the onboard sound I get very low volume and and crackling at certain frequencies tried on both my generic creative speaker and Audio technical headphones When I m plugging in the speaker into the green port and have it plugged in half way or accidentally touch the jack to the I o plate I get really strong loud static noise Here is the list of solution that I tried with no success Updated the Realtek HD Audio Manager app I e the one installed from the driver cd to the latest one Used DPC latency checker and it is showing all greens didn t test it for more than a minute though should I be doing something while the app is on to test for interference Installed Generic Realtek driver for ac codec Disabled C E and EIST in the bios Played with the equalizers on Realtek HD Audio Manager helped to reduce bit of static but its still there and the volume is still very low Disabled all line in devices Checked audio with a ubuntu live cd and the problem still persists does this indicate a hardware issue What I find strange is that my front panel that is connected to the HD audio pins on the motherboard works fine with the same speaker and headphones I still have some more solutions I need to test out like Update the bios currently on F version the latest is F I have a spare asus xonar dg PCI so will try to install it and test if audio will works fine But this is not a permanent solution as I only have one PCI slot which I m using for my wireless card adapter Edimax g Run Memtest can this ever be a problem for sound related issues Driver Sweeper I believe I have properly manually uninstalled all the mobo drivers but going try this app to be sure Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to solve this This is the first time I m installing replacing a mobo and cpu so should check if there is a wiring issue when I replaced all the parts back into the case Please let me know if more information is need to help resolve this I have a few more days left incase I have to RMA the mobo so any pointers would really be helpful before I decide to send it back if at all TIA Sreejit S nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ud3h-bk-mobo-realtek-ac1150-onboard-sound-issue-very-low-volume-and-crackling.217321/
Relevancy 24.94%

With Nvidia reportedly set to announce a new mid-range graphics card in under a month's time, rumors are starting to appear that allegedly reveal this card's specifications and features in detail.

Read more

A:Nvidia's upcoming GeForce GTX 950 reportedly detailed

Ouch! Half way between 750Ti and 960, it will go for 165euros. That will make outdated AMD offerings price competitive, and sales internally cannibalised by 960, not to mention that all the recent games like GTA, Witcher shows 960 is actually todays entry gaming card from nVidia.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidias-upcoming-geforce-gtx-950-reportedly-detailed.217293/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have recently purchased a new HP Ultrabook Folio1040. After few days of use I noticed I could hear a clicking noise comming from my laptop, this noise you can only hear if the room is silent. any idea ?

I have replaced a new Sandisk 256 gb SSD hard drive with 128 ssd. is it normal to hear this sound ? speakers are on mute.

but sound only comes when I move my laptop ...when it is on flat surface the sound sometimes stops sometimes keep coming slowly. Thanks in advance.

A:HP Ultrabook Folio1040 Clicking Sound

Does the "click" sound only happen when you are moving the mouse or scrolling the wheel or anything (Basically, doing anything on the computer?)

If so the processor could just have a small click sound coming as it's processing, I've noticed this with a few system but most don't do it.

You say it has an SSD and not a HDD, so it shouldn't be the hard drive making the noise as there's no physical parts moving, it operates similarly to RAM. Otherwise I would see if it sounds like it's coming from where the Fan is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-ultrabook-folio1040-clicking-sound.208815/
Relevancy 18.49%

Does anyone out there has experimented to use a Sound Card on a IBM Power 7 server running AIX 7.1

I know the card should be a PCIe lo profile to match the hardware. My concern is mainly with having the system recognize the card and drivers on AIX.

Any help will be apreciated.

A:Sound cards on IBM Power7 Servers running AIX 7.1

The proprietary Unix OS should recognize the sound cards with out problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-cards-on-ibm-power7-servers-running-aix-7-1.171763/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi, as the title suggests I've got a bit of a sound problem:

I wish to record some of my digital sound (e.g. my friends in Skype) using Audacity and stereo mix. However, using the built-in stereo mix record feature Audacity has, no sound is being recorded. So I checked out the stereo mix device under 'recording devices' in 'Sound' and found that it was not detecting any sound at all.

I'm not totally sure as to how all it's settings must be, but it's like this now:

Listen to: enabled
Playback through: Speakers (Realtek HD Audio)

The device is set to be 'used' ofcourse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Marty

A:No sound coming through 'stereo mix' device

Go to Edit -> Preferences and to the 'Audio I/O' or 'Devices' tab, and make sure the the audio INPUT is set to the source you want to hear from, in this case, the pc sound card or such, apparently Windows 7 does not change the input device when you select the Stereo Mix function for some reason.

If that's not the case, maybe your sound driver isn't allowing the stereo mix to work, you can try the Control Panel configuring method, which you can find at the audacity website (i can't set up links yet, but go to wiki.audacityteam.org/ and add this: index.php?title=Mixer_Toolbar_Issues#Using_the_Control_Panel) [sorry for this, but it's for a good reason, i'm not a bot/spam ]
kind of a pain to read through and configure everything, but will fix the issue.

If you don't want any trouble at all, you can just plug you speaker in the PC's 'Line In' plug (the blue one), and set Audacity's Input device to "Line in" or such.

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-through-stereo-mix-device.173670/
Relevancy 16.34%

I just solved my own problem and thought others might benefit since I could not find the solution using internet search My Realtek HD Audio manager seemed to be creating an echo on my quot Line In quot HD Audio Realtek "line from effect) (if in" echo it Removing output sound not a is audio signal I had already set the environment and equalizer sound effects options to lt None gt but the echo persisted I found the problem seems that I was essentially duplicating the Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) Line In audio stream The first quot source quot I found was the HD Audio manager You can open the manager and view the Line In tab - mine had a non-zero playback volume the slider was NOT all the way to Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) the left for zero playback If you want Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) output from the HD Manager that makes sense I also found out a second Line In quot source quot It was in the Line In properties settings where I had checked off the option to quot Listen to this device quot When I disabled that the echo disappeared To view this Line In properties tab right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area then select Recording Devices yes quot Recording quot Then the tab will display in a window with the title Sound You should see the Line In device in the list Right-click on this item and select Properties The Line In properties window pops up Then select the Listen tab UNselect Listen to this device The echo should disappear if you re experiencing my problem I hope this helps someone I m just trying to help the community from which I ve received so much help grinthumb nbsp

A:Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect)

Two same signals

You're doing the right thing... getting rid of the other input signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-line-in-echo-from-realtek-hd-audio-output-if-it-is-not-a-sound-effect.178881/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello, Im using Medion Akoya laptop, win 7 32bit.. The problem started 4-5 months ago when sound just stopped after a few minutes of use, and as time passed sound worked shorter and shorter, a month ago it worked just so I could hear the windows starting sound, and it stopped after a few secs.. Now I cant even hear it.. But when I plug in headphones or other speakers it works.. I tried reinstalling windows, playing with the drivers and sound options in device manager, tried everything I could find on google.. But either its my low understanding of what people say or just a different problem (I never found a post that had the SAME problem as me).. Please help me if u can, I want to sell my laptop and I cant do that like this..

A:Laptop sound problem

Update : I installed the soundcard drivers that I found for this exact laptop, uninstalled drivers that were installed with windows update, installed the driver I downloaded, system sounds worked properly untill I went to youtube and watched a video for like 30 secs.. then it just stopped like it used to when this problem first showed up..
Also I noticed that when laptop goes to saving mode, or whatever(screen goes black) like a black screen saver, and when I move the mouse a bit to wake it and continue the video, it has sound, but stops after a while again..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-sound-problem.216439/
Relevancy 25.37%

After months of build-up, AMD has finally unveiled its true next generation graphics card. The Radeon R9 Fury X broke cover at E3 last week and the review embargo lifted just days ago. While it's not the Titan killer some...

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: AMD or Nvidia?

And it starts!
Started with amd 7970
Then went nvidia 770sli now 980ti.
I just really like the physx and 3d nvision

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-amd-or-nvidia.215859/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 24.08%

As is typically the case at huge trade shows, major companies don't always show everything they have on the show floor. Such was the case with Nvidia during Computex last week where select guests were invited to check out a...

Read more

A:Here's the DX12 'Mech Ti' demo that Nvidia showed off behind closed doors at Computex

World leaders in screen tearing demonstrations! Seriously with today's available tech wtf is this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/heres-the-dx12-mech-ti-demo-that-nvidia-showed-off-behind-closed-doors-at-computex.213858/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello All,
Let me start by describing my setup. I have my desktop computer connected to my ultra 4k tv via a 20 ft hdmi cable. A couple of days ago I noticed that when I play a video file from my computer the sound is skipping and popping. However, when I play a pc game on the tv using the same setup the sound is fine. When I watch the same file on my computer it works perfectly, so I know it isn't the video file. Also, I tried a different hdmi cable and the problem persists, so I know it isn't the cable. Prior to this new problem everything was working fine. I have reinstalled my video cards drivers, but this didn't fix the problem.

My computer:
msi motherboard
processor: Intel core i5 - 3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
System Type: 64 - bit operating system (windows 7 ultimate)
display adapter: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

My TV:
Vizio 43" ultra 4k tv

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

A:Sound is skipping

Have you tried to hook it up to another television via the HDMI cable and see if the problem persists? What program (software) do you use to watch the videos? I personally like VLC media player, because you can adjust the sound timing if needed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-is-skipping.213543/
Relevancy 24.94%

Specifications for Nvidia's upcoming high-end consumer graphics card, the GeForce GTX 980 Ti, have reportedly been revealed thanks to a GPU-Z screenshot posted on Korean website Hardware Battle.

Read more

A:Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti specifications reportedly revealed

After watching the Titan X struggle at 4K with several new games (even in SLi) it's difficult to manufacture genuine excitement for this card, as sweet as the specs are and as good as it looks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-specifications-reportedly-revealed.213445/
Relevancy 24.51%

Nvidia has once again decided to prevent some notebook owners from overclocking their Maxwell-based GeForce GTX 900M GPUs, after removing the restriction in a March driver update.

Read more

A:Nvidia quietly blocks GeForce GTX 900M overclocking once again

Why would nVidia do this secretively? This just erodes their relationship with gamers and their buyers... At least give a SIMPLE statement: "Overclocking was shown to make GPUs unstable and lessen their lifespans, so we disabled the overclocking ability in R350 drivers again". No need to keep that secret.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-quietly-blocks-geforce-gtx-900m-overclocking-once-again.213338/
Relevancy 24.08%

Controversy surrounding the GTX 970 aside, the 900 series GPUs from Nvidia is among the most anticipated graphics chips in recent memory. The mobile variants are especially impressive as they narrow the performance gap between their desktop counterparts to 80...

Read more

A:Nvidia removes overclocking from 900M mobile GPUs, a feature advertised on some notebooks

LOL it is clearly a move by Nvidia to force people to upgrade more often. They will probably take the 980m and do the same thing they did with the 680MX -> keep re-releasing it with 10% higher clocks every year.

Problem is that someone with a 680mx could just overclock it 30% and get an 880m. However this should be a problem for Nvidia, not us. If they want us to upgrade, give us something worth upgrading to!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-removes-overclocking-from-900m-mobile-gpus-a-feature-advertised-on-some-notebooks.208906/
Relevancy 24.51%

Ahead of tomorrow's launch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Nvidia has released a new GeForce graphics card driver that's Game Ready for the open-world action RPG. The GeForce 352.86 drivers are also WHQL certified, meaning they are stable enough for everyday...

Read more

A:Nvidia releases new GeForce WHQL drivers for The Witcher 3, Windows 10

Mine were updated hours ago, you just can't beat GFE for this sort of thing (or for game display settings optimisation as far as I'm concerned, it works for me).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-releases-new-geforce-whql-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-windows-10.213202/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello,

I am trying to install the new NVIDIA Tesla K40 in our HP Z800 workstation with a 1000W PSU.
I get the following error message even though I have connected the 6pin power connector

Unable to determine the device handle for GPU 0000:42:00.0: Unable to communicate with GPU because it is insufficiently powered. This may be because not all required external power cables are
attached, or the attached cables are not seated properly.

Could anyone who has successfully installed the K40 please help ?

Thanks

A:Powering NVIDIA Tesla K40 GPU

You need at least and 8 pin connector. One 8 and one 6 pin connector is better yet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/powering-nvidia-tesla-k40-gpu.204766/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a Vista Home Premium bit pc sp I have an audio problem The audio usually works perfect This is the second time in monts external sound from No speakers that for some reason it just doesn t get thru the speakers Although they sound like they are working perfect I have external speakers and the LED light is on to show the power is on If I turn the speaker on off it appears the sound is excellent On the speaker icon in the taskbar there is no red line through it All volumes appear fine When I right click speaker icon left click playback devices there is one icon quot speakers quot Realtek High Definition Audio checkmarked quot working quot Everything on the bottom is greyed out There is no yellow warnings under device manager When I click on sound it says quot Realtek High Definition Audio quot Right clicking for properities bring up the device is working properly The light is lit on my networks card is that what it s called My sister used the headphones a few days ago and said No sound from external speakers there hasn t been sound since although when I plugged them in there was no sound thru the headphones OR the speakers Speakers ARE working Attached is the DxDiag file My sister thanks you a million in advance for any instructions we can follow nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-external-speakers.212794/
Relevancy 24.51%

Nvidia has updated the collection of games bundled with purchases of new GeForce 900 series graphics cards, giving gamers Batman: Arkham Knight in addition to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for free with qualifying purchases.

Read more

A:Nvidia bundles The Witcher 3 and Batman: Arkham Knight with new GPUs

I got the witcher 3 code through gog from the purchase of gtx960. sadly the game is not available to download yet. im not sure how demanding the graphics of the witcher 3 is, but it seems nvidia wanted maxwell users to play witcher 3 that much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-bundles-the-witcher-3-and-batman-arkham-knight-with-new-gpus.212683/
Relevancy 24.08%

PC hardware enthusiasts, overclockers and serious gamers alike are always looking to squeeze the most performance out of their hardware. If you happen to fall into any (all) of these categories and own an Nvidia graphics card, this nifty tweak from...

Read more

A:Nvidia GPU owners can use this nifty tweak to boost frame rates by up to five percent

Because running resident crap in the background in the hope you might own their "cheap" tablet is the sensible thing to do...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-gpu-owners-can-use-this-nifty-tweak-to-boost-frame-rates-by-up-to-five-percent.212522/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello,

I am looking into upgrading one of our conference rooms at work with something that can provide output to at least 2 HDTV and 1 projector, with the future of a 3rd hdtv.

I been out the loop for awhile with video cards, and wanted to know if anybody knows of a way this can be done with a possible video card that has 4 hdmi outputs? They will be (2) 55 inch hdtvs and a projector which should output its own resolution

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

A:Any video cards with 4 HDMI outputs?

No video cards I know of have 4 HDMI outputs, but you can find plenty of cards that have that many if you combine DVI + Displayport. You could always use DP converters to HDMI got get the appropriate number of connections, but remember that after 2 non DP devices you'll need to start using Active Converters if you plan to keep the signal digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-video-cards-with-4-hdmi-outputs.172449/
Relevancy 18.49%

I went back to a restore point .Now I have no playback device other than my headset . It has sound on my headset but not through the speakers.and this comp. has a built in speaker and used to play, when I go to device manager under sound,I see my headset and 4 Nvidia High Definition Audio nothing wrong with any of it..I tried to update the drivers but it said they were all updated ... what am I missing?

A:Sound from headset but not speakers

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-from-headset-but-not-speakers.186739/
Relevancy 21.5%

My usb keyboard and mouse stop working for abt 30 sec or so when I put my phone in charging mode with one of my usb ports...will it be safer to get a usb sound card or an internal pci sound card?.I prefer the usb sound card for its portability;especially if I shift to notebook platform. but I am worried about not getting enough juice through the usb port to power the sound amplifier since I have connected quite a number of devices on existing usb ports.. choices are either,'asus xonar DG' internal pci sound card or 'creative sound blaster play 2 usb sound card'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-sound-card-or-internal-pci-sound-card.212527/
Relevancy 25.37%

I want to get build a new computer but I was thinking maybe I should wait a while until NVIDIA comes out with a new GPU. I want to get the GTX 980 but I would be really pissed if 2 months after I buy it they come out with something better at a similar price. I have not been keeping up with NVIDIA release dates on their cards so I don't know when their next card will arrive. Any tips?

A:Buy GTX 980 or wait for NVIDIA's next card?

I think the GTX 980 Ti model is expected to come out soon. I heard something about a possible release to compete with AMD's new R300 series coming soon. But that is just hearsay, I have nothing concrete to present as evidence.

Leaked Specs Indicate Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Is 50 Per Cent Faster Than Titan Black

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buy-gtx-980-or-wait-for-nvidias-next-card.212398/
Relevancy 25.37%

Help !

I've bought the new gaming laptop ( not really new ) MSI ge60 apache pro 003 with GPU nvidia geforce gtx860m , the problem that I've not getting fps more than 20 - 30 ive tried 3DMARK test and got 0.6 fps on 4K test ! and tried Dota 2 on ULTRA and got about 20 fps ,, can anyone help me please

A:Nvidia geforce gtx860m won't go above 30 fps

Try lowering some of the settings when conducting these "tests". Your computer is not designed for 4K, so that explains the 0.6 fps in 3DMARK. Your MAX resolution is 1920x1080 (4K UHD resolution is 3840x2160 and higher). And DOTA 2, simply run it at High settings instead of Ultra and see what you can get with your fps. Just because it is advertised as a "Gaming Laptop", does not mean that you can run everything at its highest settings.
Also, are you running the latest video drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gtx860m-wont-go-above-30-fps.212206/
Relevancy 18.92%

Okay Everyone This time I'm really not sure if this is in the right forum.

My new Laptop sounds, to me, like transistor radio when I play music.
Sure it has Dolby. But. With two tiny speakers on the bottom, it doesn't
seem to help much
Today I fixed the problem. I plugged in the sound system I used on my desktop PC.
2 XA3021 Altec Lansing speakers, with a matching Altec Lansing XA3021 sub woofer.
I've had them for about 10 years now, and they still sound really good.
Here's my question. Does the Dolby that comes with the Laptop only work with the built in speakers
or does it extend to my Altec Lansing speakers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-quality.212213/
Relevancy 28.38%

I just purchased the Magnavox dvd-r recorder with a terabyte Hard drive from are where they Hdmi inputs walmart com Magnavox MDR H F TB Hard Drive DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner My problem is why is there always a hdmi out but never a hdmi in on any of these media units On my Cable box I have only hdmi Hdmi inputs where are they out S Video out and RCA Composite out The HDMI out goes to my HDTV and the picture is great Now to record from the same cable box to my Magnavox recorder I now only have RCA Composite out or S video out left So I choose S video out to record to the Magnavox but when I watch what I recorded the picture is terrible I guess what I m trying to say if you have low quality video coming in to your recorder through S video then it makes sense you will have the same low quality coming out My question Is to you guys is it possible to build a media center that has a HDMI input so I could record in high definition and a HDMI output to go to my HDTV Now I know cable companies make dvd recorders with this capability but If you ever decide to get rid of it you lose all you recorded Any advice would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Hdmi inputs where are they

On my Cable box I have only 1 hdmi out, 1 S Video out and 1 RCA Composite out.
The HDMI out goes to my HDTV and the picture is great.Click to expand...

that's correct.

Take for example, a DVR is inline with the service provide which allows the Recording. Once recorded, it's nice to get the media displayed on an HDTV - - hence HDMI-out.

I have VHS, DVD and daisy-chain them --> HDTV so that the service is feed thru the chain.

Code:

(cable) -- vhs -- dvd -- hdtv
| |
+-------------+

If the VHS is off, the lower path is selected ON THE TV
otherwise, the TV is selected to AV inputs.

The other way to see the layout is

Code:

TV inputs: (cable) ------ hdtv select TV:cable input
AV inputs: av-devices --- hdtv select TV:av inputs
To record, there needs to be a connection from (cable)-->av unit

yes, S-Video stinks, use the RCA Composite out from the cable->av

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-inputs-where-are-they.211805/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi Guys,
What is the succession of nVidia cards in this linage GTX 960, GTX 970 GTX 980 Titan-X all with Maxwell architecture as in the dates of release?...(obviously the Titan was just announced last week!)
Just trying to work out a purchase option, being that this range is based in two CPU chipsets that of the LGA1155 and the LGA2011-v3.
How long would the wait be, before nVidia released a graphics card that was design based, entirely on the LGA2011-v3 socket?
As I need to upgrade my machine in the next month and am opting for the LGA2011-v3 path.

Kind of a curly question

A:What is the succession of nVidia cards?

U listed The cards in as the better, u're 1155 chipset would run any of these card fine. PIC-E 16 is all the speed u can get on any socket, the LGA2011-v3 will just give u more lanes for more cards to run on. That does not mean they will run faster unless u are already filling up the lanes (most boards will run SLI) at least 1155 boards and upwards. the list as in slower to faster is GTX960, GTX970, GTX980, and the Titan-X being the fastest.
the only way any thing is going to speed up is if u are trying 3 way SLI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-succession-of-nvidia-cards.210586/
Relevancy 24.51%

When Nvidia launched the GeForce GTX 900 series of graphics cards last year, the company decided not to bundle a free game with each purchase of a flagship GPU. But with the impending launch of a GameWorks-enhanced, resource-intensive title, Nvidia have...

Read more

A:Nvidia bundles The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with new graphics cards

Think as a recent gtx970 purchaser I should be able to get the voucher to. stupid 3.5gb of lamemory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-bundles-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-with-new-graphics-cards.209573/
Relevancy 27.52%

The Samsung rv510 laptop I have has a rubber plug blocking the HDMI port.
I assume it's because they use the "Case/Shell" for multiple models and this one does not come with it.
My questions:.... Are these built into the mobo or is there a Video card I could replace inside?
I'm assuming it's onboard in which case I will need to get a VGA+3.5mm audio to HDMI adapter in order to make this work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-upgrade-samsung-rv510-to-hdmi.209619/
Relevancy 27.09%

My newest task is centered around an HP Pavilion 15-p033ca laptop with a broken screen. Replacing the screen is actually super simple but my issue lies elsewhere.

Normally I would hook the laptop up to a monitor via VGA cable. This newer laptop only has an HDMI hook-up, so I hooked it up to my TV with that cable. The HP logo upon start up is semi-visible as the picture is distorted. So, before I spend money and order the screen my question is...

Does an HDMI relay the Broken screens picture to the TV and that's why is messed up? or should the TV picture still be clear? Like when a broken screen laptop is hooked to an external monitor with a VGA and the external monitor works fine.

I'm worried there may be an internal GPU or Mobo issue aside from the screen being broke.... Finally is there a better way I can test this instead?

Thanks for any info or Ideas in advance!

Relevancy 27.09%

Okay so I've read the other threads and figure that...well...I figured nothing.

Audio sounds great. It's from my gigabyte motherboard, not from an expansion card. I have a jumper cable running from my mobo to my video card for the audio signal. When there is no audio playing on my computer, there is a sort of static buzz that has what seems like a specific rate to it... "blip blip____blip blip___blip blip"..... sort of like that

All inputs/recording settings have been disabled.

The only fix I have is to basically open an app (winamp) and have it play audio at 0% volume. It's kind of stupid and would prefer to not have to do this. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Buzzing when no sounds play over HDMI connection

I have a jumper cable running from my mobo to my video card for the audio signal.Click to expand...

That's the norm for HDMI. HUMMMMMM or other noise when no sound is being produced intentionally is usually a grounding or cable shielding problem.

To be honest, my laptop HDMI is iffy; by that I mean, a connection to the HDTV at home and at one auditorium is just fine, but at another location, I get hum all the time both with and without sound originating from the laptop - - using the same hdmi cable.

The laptop has a plastic case and of course can not be shielded and therefore subject to 'environmental' interference'

In normal audio circuits, a/c hum indicates poor or no shielding (ie grounding) OR
the leads on the audio cable are reverse - - the ground on the cable is wired (by mistake) to the audio hot lead (ie the input).

On your PC, make sure you have a grounded A/C power cord and the wall plate has an active ground connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buzzing-when-no-sounds-play-over-hdmi-connection.209553/
Relevancy 24.08%

In its quarterly report of the GPU market, graphics and multimedia research firm Jon Peddie Research highlighted a swift market share swing among the two largest players.

Read more

A:Nvidia steals 11 percent market share from AMD, 'Excavator' reveals efficiency gains

I wonder how this would average out, if CPU market share with Intel was factored in? Independently either one would make AMD look bad. But what if they were both factored together?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-steals-11-percent-market-share-from-amd-excavator-reveals-efficiency-gains.209130/
Relevancy 23.65%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 25.8%

First of NVIDIA combo & ATI all I d like to say hi to all of you on this forum since this is my first post here and this is the first forum that I ve joined ever since I remember Now on to the actual problem I was ATI & NVIDIA combo digging around some of my old stuff and dug out an old Mo-bo with a GHZ Dual Core Intel and some interesting ports on it It had both ATI & NVIDIA combo DDR and DDR RAM slots and both PCIE x and AGP slots to my amazement After some time of it sitting and collecting dust on my desk I decided I could use it as a secondary PC that I could place in my bedroom for movie watching purposes and such I put in it my old NVIDIA GT and also an ATI card I found ATI Radeon Now the purpose of me having that card was that it had s-video out on it and I could plug my old-ish TV in it to use as a monitor Albeit the picture isn t perfect probably because it s analog but it does the trick I was wondering that old NVIDIA ran perfectly fine in my current computer next to the AMD HD but in this setup it doesn t quite do so Namely the monitor which I ve hooked up to the NVIDIA while the TV is hooked up on that old ATI card works fine along the TV but the games don t The games I run while the monitor on the NVIDIA is set as primary work fine and I can put them in windowed mode and just drag them on the TV still works fine but if I set the TV as primary the ATI seems to take all the load and just doesn t run or runs them with major lag Is there any way I can designate the NVIDIA to basically do all the work and the ATI to just output it I ve tried all orders of driver installation NVIDIA first then ATI and the opposite but to no avail Is there anything I am doing wrong Can I bypass the NVIDIA vs AMD problem Thanks in advance and sorry for the excessive writing nbsp

A:ATI & NVIDIA combo

Welcome.

Unfortunately, what you want to do is not possible. I would simply suggest spending $28 and getting a card that has DVI, HDMI, and VGA out - surely one of those can go to your TV. This is a much more elegant solution and the card should be more powerful than either of your existing cards. Will save you on energy consumption too.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202142

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-nvidia-combo.209270/
Relevancy 24.94%

I recently replaced my AGP NVIDIA GeForce GT M with a newer AGP NVIDIA GeForce GT M I believe that the GPU processors are the same but noticed when changing over the heat sinks that the memory chips are of the Samsung variety the old one had Nanya The older card had a pre-windows boot BIOS where as the new one needed me to install new 512M 7600GT same Replaced GeForce NVIDIA with drivers from the Nvidia site using automatic driver scan does not BIOS boot My Replaced NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 512M with same issue is that the Windows reported a BSOD on first reboot after the new driver installation stable since and have Replaced NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 512M with same since increased the voltage by V to the card spec without BSOD and there is no solution in the Action center and Windows is still looking a month out Upon opening the Nvidia control panel suite to check why the newer card did not have any on board memory to aid Adobe rendering as the last card did use the M vram I found that the suite reports the card as a GeForce GS could this lead to a driver quot signing quot conflict and therefore the BSOD Computer Management reports the card as the GeForce GT as does the device properties driver tab Would it be possible to flash the BIOS on the newer card so that the M of vram is quot scalable quot for Adobe rendering use Thank you for reading nbsp

A:Replaced NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 512M with same

If you're having a lot of trouble with it I would see about returning it if possible, I see this post is already a few weeks old but hopefully that is still possible..

You shouldn't run into that many issues, although if the card is manufactured by a different company then there "could" be problems.. In which case the safest bet is to go into Safe Mode, remove all drivers and reinstall fresh working drivers. Just to make sure nothing is being mixed up between the way the cards operate,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-nvidia-geforce-7600gt-512m-with-same.208853/
Relevancy 21.93%

For the past month, Nvidia has faced its fair share of bad PR thanks to the GeForce GTX 970's memory allocation issue. As has been uncovered by users and explained by Nvidia, the GTX 970's last 512 MB of VRAM...

Read more

A:Nvidia CEO says GTX 970 memory controversy "won't happen again"

Again: the performance didn't change overnight; it's today the same performance than the advertised on launch date. Even that technicality can kill the case. Specifications were the "misleading" part.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-ceo-says-gtx-970-memory-controversy-wont-happen-again.209149/
Relevancy 24.08%

Nvidia's G-Sync technology is currently available on a handful of displays but the cost of entry isn't cheap. That's because the current crop of monitors require custom hardware to work their gaming magic - a requirement that soon won't be...

Read more

A:Nvidia G-Sync technology is coming to laptops, no custom hardware required

LOL the G-Sync module was only ever used to verify 100% that someone was using a Nvidia GPU. What a bunch of crooks...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-g-sync-technology-is-coming-to-laptops-no-custom-hardware-required.208532/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey all,

On my studio pc, I've installed a new rack mounted firewire audio interface in the studio. On the other drives (windows 8.1) the interface has installed perfectly but on the xp drive, although the drivers etc have been installed, once set, it works perfectly with the new outboard soundcard.

However, whenever I reboot to the xp drive, xp always reverts back to the on-board realtek sound card. I set the default to the new interface (a Presonus Firestudio Project) but every reboot it defaults to the realtek.

The motherboard is a P5N-E SLI if that helps.

How can I stop this happening so the new interface is the default?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-reverts-to-on-board-sound.208179/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all. I've got this issue with my graphic card (fresh and crispy by the way - 1 month old). Few days ago I was just browsing web when suddenly blue screen came out of nowhere on my Windows 8.1 desktop PC. Ever since then when computer boots screen is filled mozaic-like with green squares, after few seconds it's changing to vertical lines. Obviously Windows window manager won't open at all, and it greets me with black screen. After I deactivated graphic card, and switched cable to main boards VGA port computer runs ok.

I've seen some similar threads on techspot suggesting that due to escessive dust 'consuption' GPU can overheat and irreverisbly burn therefore. Is it possible that the same thing occured here?

A:Green squares on computer boot, Nvidia GTS 250

It's what I've seen on the screen when one of my graphics cards has died. As it's almost new changing it shouldn't be a problem. It's more likely to be a faulty graphics card than dust. Double check that it's seating properly in its port and that the video cable is OK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/green-squares-on-computer-boot-nvidia-gts-250.208163/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello guys gt Nvidia problem 240 I ve just registred Nvidia gt 240 problem to this forum I hope there is somebody who can help me Nvidia gt 240 problem So the Nvidia gt 240 problem problem is with my Nvidia graphic card gt as you can see in the thread title I must say that I have sent emails to nvidia support ofc no answer I have tried to post threads at their forums but every time thread DISAPPEARED Also I ve tried to send PM to forum staff and guess what No answer nothing Im just so pissed that company like Nvidia doenst give a crap I must mention that I ve tried to look for solutions on web but the only advice was to take sledgehammer and to smash card into milion pieces System Windows Ultimate b I will try to give you guys most informations I can Here are couple of screenshots so you can see whats going on screenshots taken with Lightshot so feel free to click on the links http prntscr com rxtmz http prntscr com rxu j At second screenshot you can see that image on desktop is fine For some reson image becomes ok as soon as I turn off Desktop Windows Manager in Task Manager menu Why I have no clue I ve tried - different drivers same crap Tried reinstalling system - same crap Please help me I would be very grateful nbsp

A:Nvidia gt 240 problem

U are giving u'r self the answer. That card is old and needs to be replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-gt-240-problem.208043/
Relevancy 24.51%

Wanted a gaming config ...
I have GCARD > NVIDIA GEFORCE GTS 450 (ASUS)
I NEED a good motherboard for gaming with intel core i3 4160.... 3.6ghz ,lga1150
my options are :
gigabyte/asus
B85 M D3H (or other b85 variants)
H87 M D3H (or other h87 variants)
H97
H81

all above are compatible but its really difficult 2 choose as the differences
even among same chipsets are too close(eg there are variants under same
h87)

all the above boards r in my budget!

games downloaded:
watch dogs ,cod(adv warfare,ghosts),max payne 3,MOH (warfighter),FAR CRY 4,ASSASINS CREED UNITY,Crysis 3 ,Dead Rising 3 ,Dead Space 3 ,GTA,LA Noire,Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor,Need for Speed Rivals ETC ETC (thank god PIRATE BAY is up agn from COSTA rica)

A:Suggest motherboard for nvidia GTS450 & i3 4160 (gaming)

I would go for either the H87 or H97. It is really your choice in the end but all of the ones listed are good. ASUS, Gigabyte, and Asrock are all good board manufacturers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggest-motherboard-for-nvidia-gts450-i3-4160-gaming.207743/
Relevancy 18.49%

So, I built a PC years ago and kept a few things from my old unit.
Sound and video card.
Sound card didn't work with the new system so I'm running it onboard. Sounds okay, but I'd like to update it!
Video card is beyond old. Just picked up SimCity for 10 bucks and it looks like crap. Has to play on low settings.

Here's what I have:
Core i7 950 running at 3.07
6MB Ram (thinking of going to 8 here)
64bit OS Windows 7 home premium

ATI Radeon 5450. (NOT HD) I've looked for the card online and can't even find a picture of it.

What should I be looking for in terms of a video card to last me for years to come?
Santa left me a nice check for Xmas so money isn't really an issue!

Here's a pic of the PC (graphics card is taken out from the missing PCIe slot)

A:PC needs some new parts (Graphics and sound)

Wow. Bestselling card on Amazon is $359.99
I wasn't thinking of spending more than $200...I don't game that much and just want a much-needed upgrade!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-needs-some-new-parts-graphics-and-sound.207740/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a laptop and I'm using Razer Kraken Neon Pro. Microphone takes everything from headset, that I can't play games and talk through skype with my friends. The sound is just too high for them. My brother got Razer Kraken Neon Pro too, but on desktop pc, still the same problem.

Windows 7 my pc, Windows 8 my brother's pc. I have IDT sound device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-is-taking-the-sound-from-my-headset.207735/
Relevancy 24.51%

Not sure if this is better suited for here for the Alternate OS section, but here it goes

I have pretty much switched by computer to running just Linux. Almost never boot over to Windows. Only issue I'm having with it is the Radeon graphics drivers for my R9 290 seem to be arguing with Steam. I have read Nvidia cards propritery drivers work much better with linux.
So one of my work computers needs a graphics card upgrade and I'm thinking getting a good Nvidia card to replace my R9 290 and see if that fixes my graphics driver conflit issues.
Does anyone have any experiance with that and what would be a good card comperable to the R9 290 from Nvidia's end of things?

Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics card running Steam on Linux

The Geforce GTX780Ti or the big boys would be the only way for u to go, that would be comparable. and I would have no idea on driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-card-running-steam-on-linux.207200/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello All please help not computer literate- just basic hope Nvidia GT635 GeForce card video I have posted in the right place if I have not then any guidance to the correct area will be most appreciated Can someone please advise from the Nvidia GeForce GT video card - can Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card I use an hdmi cable and connect to a Samsung lcd TV Samsung quot p Hz LED HD TV Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card UN F I intend to buy this TV currently didn t as I m not aware if it will work once I have the correct advice only then can I proceed to buy im using windows my system specs are as follows Orchid Motherboard orchid s Manufacturer MSI Form factor uATX - cm in x cm in Chipset AMD A FCH Memory sockets x DDR Processor socket FM Expansion Slots One PCI Express x Gen Three PCI Express x Gen One PCI Express mini card Processor AMD A TDP W Operating speed Up to GHz up to GHz turbo Number of cores Socket FM Memory GB Amount GB Speed PC - MB s Type DDR - Video graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT Figure Video card kindly see attachment Images of video card and Ports also see Image of video card bracket showing ports - HDMI - DVI Form Factor Low profile PCB with ATX bracket Dimensions cm x cm in x in Maximum resolution DVI dual-link resolution x x bpp at Hz HDMI resolution x Analog VGA resolution with adapter x x bpp at Hz NOTE Not all ports support the highest resolutions GB onboard memory Memory interface -bit DDR Total power consumption W max Supports Blu-ray Supports HDCP Supports up to two displays at the same time nbsp

A:Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card

It says "HDMI resolution: 1920 x 1080". Which is a common port you would connect to a TV.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gt635-video-card.207398/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'd like to know if there is such a thing because a friend wants to run an extra HDMI to another tv. I don't know if the current box he uses has just one HDMI outlet or more so I thought I'd ask you experts if there is a HDMI duplex.

A:HDMI Duplex ?

If you're talking about sending one source to multiple displays you'll need something like this
http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011301

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-duplex.207173/
Relevancy 17.63%

I m trying to configure Surround Sound but Realtek doesn t seem to be installing and it s configuring speakers driver 5.1 Realtek Trouble Sound; issues Surround to driving me nuts I have installed the driver provided by Gigabyte for my motherboard Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues and it s not doing anything It installs asks me to restart the PC but nothing is Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues there OS is Windows -bit Gigabyte says that my motherboard supports both and Surround Sound so I don t understand why I can t configure my speakers to run it only lets me use Stereo Device manager only shows High Definition Audio Device and Control Panel doesn t show Realtek at all Realtek Audio Manager doesn t appear either it s not in the system tray icons where I would usually find it Even searching for Realtek brings up nothing other than all the drivers I have downloaded to see if they would work Link to motherboard s Realtek driver as provided by Gigabyte http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid dl Link to motherboard s specification http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid sp Image showing my device manager gt sound http gyazo com ad b bd e ae a Any ideas as to what the problem is I can t seem to find anything audio related in BIOS either nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-configuring-speakers-to-5-1-surround-sound-realtek-driver-issues.206888/
Relevancy 18.49%

So today out of nowhere, "well previouslly I installed game called "TERA" and after it this started but I unistalled it and it's still the same" when I listen to music, any sounds especially when sounds get louder, sound starts to cracklle, familiar to static but crackle, also when I play games, fps is lower now, it sometimes freezes, crackled when game appears to make sound and etc. Sometimes video card turns off and on bottom right it says "Nvidia bla bal bla has stoped working, reconnected bla bla" I have no idea what that is, I changed my Headphones to other ones, I checked temperature of both CPU and GPU, are both fine 30-50~ as it usually is. Unistalled game that it (might off coincidentally) ruin it but I doubt it was that.
I really need help, reinstalling windows and downloading all the stuff with slow internet again will be pain for me.
p.s I installed new drivers for video card too. PLEASE HELP

A:Sound crackle, game lag

Also this thing crashed out of nowhere too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-crackle-game-lag.205307/
Relevancy 18.92%

Here is the problem I just recently was given a laptop. I was told that it was hooked up to a tv with HDMI but, there was sound on the laptop. I am running Windows 7 Premium HP Pavilion g7-1318dx Notebook PC
Serial Number: 6CF2085XDS Product Number: A7A43UAR . I have no sound with just notebook speakers. I have went to the HP driver download site and tried to download the audio drivers. I receive a warning " The Hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. Install will now abort." There are 3 Audio downloads on the Hp website none work. The speaker Icon down by the clock with a red X on it when you do a mouse roll over it says no speakers or headphones are plugged in. I have tried headphones still no sound. I have also tried to the windows trouble shooter and it says it detects no problems. Play back devices is only showing Digital Audio (HDMI) High definition Audio device not plugged in. Recording says there are no audio devises are installed in. I have tried everything any help would be appreciated.

A:No sound no matter what

I think that you need an extra lead because HDMI gives picture only. The lead I have has a mini stereo jackplug at one end which goes into the computer's headphones socket and two phono plugs (white and yellow) at the other to plug into the TV's audio input at the back. You should then be able to work out how to set up the sound via Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-no-matter-what.206720/
Relevancy 26.23%

I want to buy Nvidia GTX 750 MSI 1gb OC GDRR5 and I worth 125 $
So I have 4 gb of ram I have AMD II X2 250. How Would work some games of the graphic.. some guys said that this nvidia is to powerful for that CPU. So what you thing about that.. PLEASE HELP if you need more info please let me now!!! can I run some game perfictly with no errors.. withour lagging and something like that . THANKS!

A:Nvidia GTX 750

Riste Dimov said:

I want to buy Nvidia GTX 750 MSI 1gb OC GDRR5 and I worth 125 $
So I have 4 gb of ram I have AMD II X2 250. How Would work some games of the graphic.. some guys said that this nvidia is to powerful for that CPU. So what you thing about that.. PLEASE HELP if you need more info please let me now!!! can I run some game perfictly with no errors.. withour lagging and something like that . THANKS!Click to expand...

It really depends on what games you play. I have the GTX 750 *TI* and run most games that I like at 60 FPS minimum. If you could give me an idea of what games you play it would help greatly. And it's not a CPU (central processing unit/Processor) it's a GPU (*graphics* processing unit)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-gtx-750.204764/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello ,
I have a very strange problem with my sound card and Here is the details ....
My sound Card was working well the day before ...I was just recording from line in and running the audio recorded from line in and no problems occurred ...
Next Day I found that there is no sound and the speaker and the line in and microphone all not working and showing that they were "Not Plugged In"
I tried to reinstall the driver and I even tried to reinstall the windows But this was useless . I also installed the new driver but didn't work
the sound manager showing that they are working fine but ther are not plugged in
and the weird thing is that the optical port "which is part of the sound card " is working fine this means that the sound card isn't faulty or burnt out ??
this is the picture

please Help me .........
thanks in advance

A:Sound Card Weird Problem

Is it that you have selected Digital Audio (S/PDIF) as 'default'. so the speakers cannot be, at the same time.
Right click on 'Speakers' icon, is there an 'Enable' option?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-weird-problem.206014/
Relevancy 18.49%

My old computer is crapping out and yes I know I need a new one. But in the meantime, it is telling me I have no soundcard. I am attaching my dxdiag report... Please help...

A:Sound card not working

Go to device manager and check if there is a yellow exclamation mark in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-not-working.204903/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi. I've just replaced my nvidea 610 graphics card which sadly died with a nvidea gt 630 and I'm having problems with certain games but it seems I can't upload a picture of my problem when I try I get the error message " The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension."
so I'll try to explain I get lines or distorted pixels from parts of my players,all my temps are normal the graphics card shows no errors its baffling me as to what I have to do to get a decent picture.any ideas

A:Nvidia GT 630 probs

You can grab a screen with 'PrtScn' key.
Then open 'Paint' program, and paste the image into it with Ctrl V
Then 'File' , 'Save as' .jpg and give the picture file a name.
~OR you can use 'search' & type 'snip'.
The allowed extensions for images would be .jpg ,jpeg .png

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-gt-630-probs.205738/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a sennheiser HD 202 and I am not able to hear any sound from the right side. I have to hold the cable in a position rhen it works. So what shall do now? Is there any chance of bringing it to normal state?

A:Sennheiser HD 202 sound not working

It's probably one of the wires inside the headphone lead has broken.
Does the same problem happen on all devices you plug the headphones into?
Or just one thing, say your PC for instance? (could it be a laptop headphone socket?)
If the problem is with all devices, ipods, pc's etc, then it's the headphone lead broken inside. If you can solder small wires and parts, you could change the lead yourself, but if the headphones are less than a year old you should return them under guarantee.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sennheiser-hd-202-sound-not-working.205645/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello I have a touchsmart 300 and it has no sound from the speakers or headphone jack. I have tried the troubleshoot thing and it dont recognize anything wrong with them. please help. ive tried updating the driver and it says it is updated. so lost. thanks.

A:Touchsmart 300 no sound

Did your pc have working sound when new?
Check the volume level, it's easy to turn it right down or mute it.
Check if the speakers are selected by going to the speaker icon in tray near the current time.
Right click on speaker icon, choose 'playback devices'.
A new box appears, with a speaker and it should have a green tick over it.
Right click on the icon and choose the option 'test', you should hear audio tones.
If you don't have a green tick, right click on icon and choose 'enable'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/touchsmart-300-no-sound.205628/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello,
Sony KDL-32R410b TV has only two hdmi inputs , one is HDMI MHL other is HDMI ARC.
I have a dvd player with a regular plug HDMI output.I do not own a receiver compatible with the ARC function.
My question is if I can connect my dvd player to ARC TV HDMI socket.In this case it is possible to damage the TV?
Thank you.

A:Hdmi connection

Background:
what the heck is MHL? Think of it as a technology that turns a common MicroUSB cable into an HDMI cable, but with a few special features. MHL stands for Mobile High-definition Link, and it's the brainchild of a group of companies?including Nokia, Samsung, Silicon Image, Sony and Toshiba?that wanted a specification that could be used to connect smart phones, tablets, and other devices to an HDTV.​
HDMI 1.4 introduces two features called ARC (audio return channel) and HEC (HDMI Ethernet channel).​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-connection.205535/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello This is my very first post on this site I was looking for a good place for tech support and an My HDMI-DVI Monitor and with Connection Some Help Need this was recommend so now I m here Alright - here s the story A few months ago my neighbor moved They gave away some of their stuff one of which is a ViewSonic VG wm monitor which was given to me At first glance it didn t look like much Then I decided Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection to some research on it and it turns out that it s actually an HD monitor back from It even displays in full p After I found that out I wanted to try out my Wii U with it That s when I ran into a pretty big roadblock Turns out that even though it can do HD the oh so sensible people at ViewSonic decided to NOT incorporate an HDMI port Weird right Anyway it has two input ports - a DVI-D port and a VGA port I ve been using my laptop with the monitor through the VGA port and it displays at x Little did I know that VGA is quite archaic when Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection compared to DVI and HDMI I just went on vacation to the States I live in the Bahamas - and I was able to Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection pick up a really affordable yet well-reviewed DVI-HDMI male-to-male adapter cable made by ULTRA Since I couldn t bring my monitor with me I had to wait to get all the way back home here in the Bahamas Why oh why As soon as I got home I plugged in the cable to the back of the monitor the DVI end and into my Wii U the HDMI end I powered on the monitor and WALLA ----- oh wait quot No Signal quot I ve been trying for about - hours now and that s all I can get from it I ve tried all I can I even plugged the HDMI end into my set-top box and believe it or not IT WORKED I took it out and tried it again but once again quot No Signal quot That s the only time it s worked I m not sure what the case is I ve done all I can I tried it on my laptop it s the only one in the house with an HDMI port and this monitor is the only one in the house with a DVI port The monitor has age on it I can t access the OSD and there are a few bright spots but it still looks and works good I just really wanted to try DVI since it s apparently in the same ballpark as HDMI when it comes down to display quality So does anyone have any ideas I can t return the cable to try for a different one just in case IT S the problem - and to buy one here in my country is a little more expensive TL DR - Monitor won t accept DVI signal from HDMI to DVI adapter cable but accepts VGA just fine Any tips to attempt a fix nbsp

A:Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection

Not completely sure since I have a laptop (I don't use an external monitor), but don't you have to switch the input of the monitor like a TV?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-help-with-my-monitor-and-an-hdmi-dvi-connection.204858/
Relevancy 25.37%

I an trying ti install a video graphics card, when I plug in to my pci ex slot and plug in the leads the screen does not work, but the computer does, now I see that I have a pnp monitor but the card and a vga adapter on it, I have tried everything possible but cant get to work, anyone any ideas?????????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-install-nvidia-quadro-nvs-259-on-windows-7.204678/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi On my motherboard there is a HDMI port and there is also one on my Nvidia graphics card if I plug the HDMI cable from my tele it works swap it onto the motherboard HDMI no detection of the tele.Is there something in the bios to correct this and if there is would it be really worth using the one on the motherboard.My cpu is a AMD Athlon x4 which needed a discrete graphics card.regards Martin

A:Two HDMI

Usually when you install a graphics card, it should disable the on-board graphics. There should be a way to activate usage of it from your BIOS, but I would highly recommend just forgetting about it and use your Nvidia Graphics Card. Dedicated Graphics Cards will (most of the time) be better than on-board graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-hdmi.204238/
Relevancy 25.37%

Greetings my fellow travelers Most of you are probably aware that to to Shield cheapest way get Best EU? the Portable Nvidia the new Nvidia Best cheapest way to get the Portable Nvidia Shield to EU? Shield Tablet is released and will be release in EU next month Personally I Best cheapest way to get the Portable Nvidia Shield to EU? have been playing the waiting game for a long time since Best cheapest way to get the Portable Nvidia Shield to EU? I really wanted to buy the Portable Shield but heard rumors about the quot Shield Input Dramatic music here quot And then I decided to wait for it Now its here and its a god damn tablet So I am going to jump of this waiting fence and buy the Portable Shield instead since the construction and the price is much more attractive to me Now to the actual issue Portable Shield is officially only being sold in US and Canada I would then need to find a retailer that can ship this as cheap as possible to UK or Denmark or Sweden I spend my time most in those countries I have checked Ebay and they do offer several quot new quot Portable Shields but I am abit hesitant How can I actually know that its a quot new quot product and not just a used one So do you know any retailer that ships internationally and really cheap Thanks Obzoleet nbsp

A:Best cheapest way to get the Portable Nvidia Shield to EU?

I would check out Amazon. Also don't hesitate that much with Ebay as long as the people have good ratings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-cheapest-way-to-get-the-portable-nvidia-shield-to-eu.204057/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have headphones through onboard audio set as the default playback device.

I have HDMI set to listen stereo mix (onboard) under recording devices so that I can get duplicate audio on my headphones and TV.

Windows 7 likes to set as HMDI audio as the default playback device when I am not looking (assumedly shortly after rebooting, but not quite sure when). And then I get no sound from my headphones because the programs are all playing on HDMI.

Is there way I can fix this?

A:HDMI hijacks default playback device

Hmm; I think HDMI is mutually exclusive to pc { speakers & headphones }. If the HDMI senses a signal to the tv, then the others go off.

right-click on the speaker icon in the tray and view/set the playback devices

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-hijacks-default-playback-device.204095/
Relevancy 18.92%

My PC stops producing sound after 15 minutes or so when I turn it on I tried refreshing it but still no good.It is a sony Vaio windous 8

A:My PC Sound

It may be an issue with either the hardware or the drivers. Let's try updating the driver first. Can you take a screenshot of what is under the "Sound, video, and game controller" section in the device manager? You can access the device manager by going to the start menu and searching for "Device Manager".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-sound.204086/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello I am new but methods laptop to all it No known and sound fix fail on I find this community to be very informative and friendly so I decided to give it a go I tried several other forums they all fail to find a solution No sound on laptop and all known methods fail to fix it to my problem First off let me fill you in on what the situation is I bought a new HDD for my laptop because the last one got corrupted and I had to change it So I got the new one It was completely fresh out of the shop so I went and installed windows ultimate x and everything was great until my sound mysteriously dissappeared I didn t panic and I went and installed some proper drivers like I always do when this happens I got them from my laptop s brand site and it was the exact match for my sound device so I am sure my drivers are correct And it fixed it for like minutes and then it went off again I restarted the laptop - sound got back - minutes later boom no sound again A restart fixed and so on and so on Basicly a restart fixes it but it is unbearable to have to restart your laptop every minutes I tried restarting the audio service from the quot services msc quot that worked too for like minutes and with every next restart it worked less and less efficient when it got to the point that when I restart the service the audio dissappears again in a few seconds So far I tried basicly anything and nothing worked The thing that bothers me is that a restart service restart fixes it Why is that That makes me think it is not a hardware problem and it is something to do with the software Oh yeah and I considered the OS to be a corrupted install But it s not I tried putting on a new one and it s the same thing And the audio ports are fine too The default sound device is correct too and I even see the green bar going up and down when playing music but I just don t hear any sound That s it I think but I may be leaving some other method I tried out so please tell me your opinions Thank you in advance and have a nice day P S System restore does not work since this started from the very first log in the OS There is nothing I can restore back to And even if I did it would stop minutes after that so nbsp

A:No sound on laptop and all known methods fail to fix it

Go into the properties for the audio service.

Make sure it's set to automatic startup.
Go to 'Recovery' tab. Set the drop-downs to 'Restart the Service'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-on-laptop-and-all-known-methods-fail-to-fix-it.203859/
Relevancy 18.49%

Recently sound has not been coming through my speakers, so I tried to plug in headphones and headset but no further luck. I then went into control panel then sound and check the settings on my playback and nothing was touched or muted etc. I then went to the Speakers and Headphones in sound right clicked and pressed test and it said "The device is being used by another application. Please close any devices that are playing through this device." but no other applications that I could find that would be using it. My prediction is that having no internet protection for a while and downloading off the internet has caused a virus to cause my audio to become mute, if this is so how would I be able to find this application causing it. AVG isnt picking it up.

A:No sound caused by a Virus/Program?

Broni, from the Virus and Malware Removal forum doesn't think it is malware related.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-caused-by-a-virus-program.203961/
Relevancy 27.95%

A recent power outage has caused some of my hardware to function oddly...
My tv's hdmi ports seem to still work for say a ps3, but when hooking up to my gtx 760 I get "No Signal"?
I only have one hdmi port but several other dvi ports. My smaller monitor(plugged into dvi port 1) is functioning normally. It also seems the gpu is still functioning because I booted Dota 2 just fine with 60fps(vsync). Could this outage have fried the hdmi port? Should I be worried, should I return it or just buckle down with 2 dvi connectors? I was gonna test out hdmi to dvi cables to test my theory but am unsure what to do otherwise.

MSI TF/OC 760
TV:NS-39L240A13

A:Faulty HDMI port?

Did the pc->tv work before the outage and did the pc suffer immediate power off too?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-hdmi-port.203802/
Relevancy 25.37%

Just to be and Nvidia AMD: Features vs. Software clear I want NO ARGUMENTS This is a reasonable discussion The conflict between the two major GPU developers is as old as I remember and while the obvious answer in which is better depends on how much you want to spend and various subtleties in manufacturing Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software and releases the two generally leapfrog each other with every release I want to discuss what in terms of software support features and game coding each has over the other Lets start with what almost everybody knows Nvidia release drivers every time there s an actual update not the regular monthly update that AMD tend to do and while this probably results in better Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software updates it can mean a long time between problems getting fixed waiting for small fixes because a Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software big bug takes a long time to patch Nvidia have also developed the G-Sync for monitors which I barely know anything about - kind of the point of this thread a can anyone shed light on how this performs I ll update this top post as others provide feedback AMD s Mantle technology is becoming more and more widespread in new releases especially as AMD make more deals with game developers While my AMD GPU is too old to benefit from the Mantle updates it is doing well in trying to convince me to get AMD as my next card as well Again can anyone provide feedback on how the newer AMD cards perform on the Mantle-enabled games Cheers guys nbsp

A:Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software

ETF Soldier said:

Just to be clear, I want NO ARGUMENTS. This is a reasonable discussion.

The conflict between the two major GPU developers is as old as I remember, and while the obvious answer in which is better depends on how much you want to spend and various subtleties in manufacturing and releases, the two generally leapfrog each other with every release, I want to discuss what, in terms of software support, features and game coding, each has over the other.

Lets start with what almost everybody knows:

Nvidia release drivers every time there's an actual update, not the regular monthly update that AMD tend to do, and while this probably results in better updates, it can mean a long time between problems getting fixed (waiting for small fixes because a big bug takes a long time to patch).
Nvidia have also developed the V-sync for monitors, which I barely know anything about - kind of the point of this thread, a can anyone shed light on how this performs? (I'll update this top post as others provide feedback)
AMD's Mantle technology is becoming more and more widespread in new releases, especially as AMD make more deals with game developers. While my AMD GPU is too old to benefit from the Mantle updates, it is doing well in trying to convince me to get AMD as my next card as well. Again, can anyone provide feedback on how the newer AMD cards perform on the Mantle-enabled games?
Cheers guys.Click to expand...

Firstly I think both companies release drivers at pretty regular intervals at this point, every major game release at least entitles a beta driver minimum.

Your speaking about G-Sync I believe. It works very well for what it is which makes the monitor and GPU communicate together to change the refresh of the monitor live to match the output FPS in order to keep the game seeming as smooth as possible with no lag, frame tears, etc. Its an excellent piece of technology but you pay a 250+ dollar premium for a monitor with it minimum. Right now DisplayPort 1.2a added this to the VESA standard so now it can be done on monitors without the specific G-SYNC module however AMD is the only one to support this in the future when they start appearing but its still going to require some work from the monitor companies. G-Sync is awesome for high resolution and high refresh setups where stability is a bit harder to achieve.

BF4 with Mantle and surround going (Ill have my Asus UHD monitor today to try) is able to maintain easy 60 FPS ultra and thief is the same way. Those are the only two mantle games I have tried as I have not gotten around to getting one other game that supports it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-vs-amd-features-and-software.203796/
Relevancy 18.49%

Just recently, my laptop suddenly became mute. This occurred while I was watching a video. My laptop put itself to hibernation or something, because it was running out of battery life. After I recontinued my session, I had no sound at all. I've tried several attempts to fix this, but to no avail. When I plug in my earphones and try to hear from them, they work perfectly fine, but when I unplug them, everything becomes mute.

If anyone can, please help.
I have a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6005 with Windows 7 64-bit.

P.S.
Attached to this post is a summary generated by CPUID PC-Wizard.

A:No sound coming from my laptop

Hi Sunaru,

With your headphones unplugged, does your volume meter in the tray icon area (bottom right) indicate volume at a reasonable level? Sounds like the drivers are working OK, might be something simple hopefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-from-my-laptop.189213/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi,

I have recently built a desktop computer, that had minor issues that I had eventually worked around or found a solution to. This issue is an exception. When I first used my computer, everything was fine with sound, until I found that my graphics card was not inserted correctly, and I was running with terrible resolution. After fixing this issue, I had no sound. This was about 10 months ago. On and off throughout this period I began to try and fix this issue, by disconnected and uninstalling my GPU. I launched skype and trying calling someone, but it alerted me that my sound card was missing. I know this is not true, so I have 3 main theories: 1. The sound card was fried (not likely). 2. My graphics card audio overrode the onboard audio, 3. The two (GPU and sound card) were operating on the same frequency. As I have said before, I had sound before I re-installed my graphics card, so I would either appreciate a solution to switch back to onboard audio, or a way to use both somehow.
Specs: Motherboard: ASUS P8z77
Graphics Card: Nvida Ge Force 670
Processor: Intel i7 core.

A:Cannot use speakers/headphones: Sound card is missing?

Please respond, this issue has been pressing me for almost a year, and I would really like it to be resolved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-use-speakers-headphones-sound-card-is-missing.203668/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi, whenever I play movies on Blu Ray or DVD, from my PS3, the levels are always off to me. The effects and music are always really loud while the dialogue is very quiet. I find myself having to turn it way up during scenes with a lot of talking then having to dive for the mute button when any action scenes come up before my neighbours bang on the door.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue only by going through the settings ??

A:Low sound quality

What is the sound coming out of? If it's anything short of a 3-channel system (Left, right, centre) then you're gonna have a hard time hearing the talking on any movie. It's just how the *****s mix the audio, unfortunately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-sound-quality.203672/
Relevancy 18.92%

When I connect my headset to the front it I receive msg. that I connect mic, and I'm sure that I connect it in the right way,when I connect it in the green one in the back it says that I connected it in the orange ! I had this problems after bios update!

A:Sound problem

Verify that you used the correct bios update. You could have accidentally installed a bios meant for a similar model computer that just happens to mostly work for yours. If that is not the case, you could always try to revert back to an older bios to see if that fixes the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem.203264/
Relevancy 25.37%

If you are curious about the performance of this $3000 GPU, you can check out a benchmark >>here<<.

The Titan Z does not look good in its current state since the AMD R9 295X performs basically the same for $1500 less and only takes 2 slots rather than the Titan Z's 3 slots. Overall though, the benchmark is worth a look.

A:Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan Z Benchmark

It's a monstrous compute card though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-z-benchmark.202888/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys Just got my new Sound Blaster Everything phenomenal Blaster sounds videos Youtube Sound Z: except Z in the mail this morning After some research I found that I Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos should set Windows Sound settings to Speakers non-full range in order to best utilize the SB drivers I use a pair of Razer Carcharias stereo headset I don Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos t have speakers Supposedly by doing this and turning on SBX Surround I ll get simulated surround in games and listen to stereo music just fine simply by turning off SBX Surround when doing so Well games sound great with simulated surround FLACs stored on my computer sound great and crisp no matter what Windows is set to Stereo or BUT Youtube videos sound awful In order to get Youtube videos to sound good I need to go into Windows CP and set the sound options to Stereo Speakers Once I do it goes back to sounding great again It should be noted that I only use Youtube for music As unlikely as it may sound YT is an amazing resource for classical music You can find a lot of performances by different conductors orchestras or soloists if a solo piece and Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos you can create your own playlists It s kind of a big deal to me Everything else about the card is amazing Windows x Latest Firefox Latest Creative drivers Jan as of this post Problem The sound loses clarity it becomes muddy and the bass is way over the top If I crank the volume too high the sound becomes distorted Not pleasant at all This doesn t happen in the slightest with music stored on my hard drive only YT nbsp

A:Sound Blaster Z: Everything sounds phenomenal except Youtube videos

Hey Coxis,

The behavior that you explained can be fixed if you set the adobe flash player to 'follow' your soundcard settings. If you're on 64-bit windows, go to:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\

Open MMS.CFG and add this line:

UseWAVPlayer=1

Worked perfectly for my 5.1 setup. Youtube audio was previously stuck on its own upmix (a.k.a simulated surround) settings and ignored my soundcard settings.

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-z-everything-sounds-phenomenal-except-youtube-videos.202558/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello,
As the topic says, my computer doesn't detect my on-board sound card. It all started when I tried to install new audio drivers from manufacturers page, but the next day when I booted PC up there were no sound. In Device Manager, under Sounds, game,.. controllers tab sit 4-5 High Definition Audio Devices. Here's pic:

Then tried re-installing original audio drivers from motherboard CD, enabling/disabling On-Board HD Audio in BIOS but still no luck.

My Audio Device is VIA VT1705.
DxDiag shows that no sound card was found.

This is what is shown in Playback Devices tab:

But I have no HDMI kind audio devices..

How to make my system recognize my sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-card-is-not-recognized.202272/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi everyone,
I've bought a Sound Blaster Recon 3D a year ago.
It works awsome ! But this morning it was off the light and cannot work while plug in any computers.
I am very bored and nervous, I think it was broken down and cannot work anymore.
Am I right ?
Please say NO and help me
Thank you very much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sound-blaster-wirless-doesnt-work.202270/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello My sound chip on my board was blew for no reason bad thing only being a month old bored and I am not waiting days to rma it and for me to get it back anyway I managed to pick up a old sound card not sure on the model Motherboard? Work. Not Maybe Did Sound Card that worked fine for three days then stopped outputing audio so I bought a sound card intex cmi that did not have the bit wndows dirvers and everytime I turned the computer off the machine would not detect the card I then I have to press the reset button or turn the system a few times to get the card to be recognized again and I could not also find the drivers for the OS Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard? I checked at the back of the cards box and it says bit pci bus master What does the mean could that be that the card was not compatible for the stystem or could it be the motherboard I tried a nvidia video card in the Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard? PCI-E slot and the card works fine with no faults The sound card was using the PCI slot and I tried every PCI slot My Motherboard asrock fm a x extreme Thanks nbsp

A:Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard?

I tested in a very old card from 2001 or 2004 something like that and it appears there's power going through the card so that's the plus.
Maybe it's because I'm using old crap and the sound card model is old?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-did-not-work-maybe-motherboard.202240/
Relevancy 35.69%

I AM UPGRADING FROM A RADEON 5700 1G TO A
EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP
is this a good enough step up to play battle field 4 at a high level?
low on cash but this card I found seems to have what I need plus maybe a few yrs in it before a upgrade is needed. any input would be appreciated.
reason I ask is I have a day to cancel and get something else but I am not real good with computers. I am running a phenom quad core with 4 gigs of ram on win 7 ultimate and a 600 watt power supply and 1t hard drive

OH AND MY MOTHERBOARD IS A GA-MA785GM-US2H

A:EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP

This should answer your question. The GTX 660 has 30FPS with ultra quality at 1680x1050. Lowering the quality settings to high, raised the frame rate to nearly 50FPS.
http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/

Final Thought:

If you can live with high settings however, you'll boost your frame rates by around 60%, sometimes as much as 80%, which is enough to make the GTX 660 and HD 7850 practical options. ...
Fortunately, there's less to consider when choosing a processor -- just make sure you have a quad-core chip. It doesn't even have to be a new one, as even the Core i7-920 and Phenom II X4 980 took care of business. ...Click to expand...

Side note:

As was the case with Battlefield 3, as long as your processor has four cores/threads, it shouldn't have a problem in EA's latest shooter. The only processors to struggle were the dual-core AMD Phenom and Athlon CPUs, while the game can utilize up to eight threads if your chip has them on tap.Click to expand...

Another improvement would be to get 8GB memory. In my opinion 4GB is boarder-line to being sufficient.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-superclocked-03g-p4-2666-kr-geforce-gtx-660-3gb-192-bit-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-x16-hdcp.202193/
Relevancy 37.41%

PSU issue I think

heres what it is when I first installed this card (had a 500w antec psu) the comp was fine till I played diablo and poof shut off the comp via psu , so decide to get a thermaltake 2 600w and hook tht up now ot plays for a longer time
but does the same thing,I took the card back and got a new one of the same
same thing happens , so I decided to try a different approach and I have a psu I modded for xbox 360 tht is wired to stay on and I ran the card powered by tht and was able to play for hours and only 2 times it shut that psu off suggestions or now a psu tht doesnt get fooled so easy or what is really going on...lol thank you

A:PSU issue with evga gtx 660 superclocked

If you got a different video card and a different PSU, chances are there is something else wrong unless you got very unlucky and got another bad part from one of the two things swapped out.
My guess would be one of the following just from one you said:
The new PSU is bad as well
The CPU is overheating and shutting off
GPU could be overheating and shutting off (Though this is unlikely)
Those are just a few things to check, I would go into the bios and see what temp the CPU is running at while in there and decide if its running above what it should be. If that's not the issue I would try returning the PSU for a different one and see if that fixes the issue. Though the fact that the machine shuts off with 3 different PSU's points to a different part being an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-issue-with-evga-gtx-660-superclocked.201615/
Relevancy 24.94%

Guys plz help me..ma dad wont let me game..so I cnt upgrade ma pc..I myself cn afford a pci vga..cn it run latest games?

A:Can I play Black Ops 2 on a PCI card like Nvidia 6200?

If that's your graphics card, then the rest of the system must be ancient. I'm gonna go with 'NO'.

To test: download Steam and Team Fortress 2. Turn resolution and all settings to minimum. Does the game run acceptably?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-play-black-ops-2-on-a-pci-card-like-nvidia-6200.201428/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello,

I'm new to gaming and just starting to learn, but I could really use some help.

I have a Dell Studio 1558 with an Intel Core i3 CPU and a 64-bit operating system, and I'm wondering if it will support an nvidia gtx 770 graphics card.

I'm not really sure how to tell and most of the explanations I've found have been too technical for me at this point, so I would really appreciate help.

A:Will computer support an Nvidia GTX 770 graphics card?

Can you tell us your complete specs and what wattage your PSU is?

Thanks.

-JC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-computer-support-an-nvidia-gtx-770-graphics-card.201351/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, I am planing to build a custom budget gamning PC.
Is this GPU(http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-SUPERCLOCKED-Graphics-02G-P4-2653-KR/dp/B00966IU9W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1396179748&sr=8-4&keywords=evga gtx 650 2 gb) or this (http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-3751-KR/dp/B00IDG3PRI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396179830&sr=8-2&keywords=evga gtx 650 2 gb) really worth it and does it fits to this:

AMD Athlon X4 760K-CPU
MSI FM2 A75MA E35-MOTHERBOARD
Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz 4 or 8 GB-RAM
Corsair CX430-PSU
NZXT Source 210-CASE
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB-HDD
Sorry for my english.
Thanks in advance.

A:Is EVGA GTX 650 2 GB worth it?

Do you have a budget for how much you can spend on the Video Card itself? I would suggest shopping around because Amazon doesn't always have the best deals. Depending on where you are located, you could find some really sweet deals. Spending another $10 you can get an EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487024 ) or for the same price as GTX 650 you can get a PNY GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB ( http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8906822&CatId=7387 ). I'm not saying you have to buy either of those cards, just showing you that you have options. You could also go with an AMD video card if you wanted to. Let us know how much you can spend (on either just the Video Card or the whole system) and we can help you out.
Also, looking at the specs you included, it looks like you have a decent plan for the build. I would suggest getting 8GB of Ram, not just 4GB. If you want to game on it, then 8GB is pretty much the "safe zone" for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-evga-gtx-650-2-gb-worth-it.201248/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a question guys, is the reference model of the GTX 780 Ti better than some custom models made by Sapphire, Palit, EVGA etc? Do they have any advantage oever them?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-gtx-780-ti-is-the-stock-one-better-than-some-models.201259/
Relevancy 18.06%

Just bought thermal take challenger ultimate keyboard and having a problem when when I plugin the keyboard it override the windows sound and goes off, tried with 2 pcs win 7 and win 8 same thing no sound
want a solution

A:Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate overrides Windows' sound

Got the same problem..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thermaltake-challenger-ultimate-overrides-windows-sound.185346/
Relevancy 27.95%

So for some years now I have been connecting my Motorola xoom tablet to my TV via hdma to problem HDMI Perculiar watch barious programs A few nights ago I was watching a program disconnected then reconnected my tablet and got no signal on my TV The tablet recognises that it is connected to the tv the system bar increases in size when connected and even knows when I have switched to the correct hdmi channel the tv however gives me no signal or rarely not support if I switch away then back to the appropriate hdmi channel In an effort to get to te root of the problem I have connected my tablet to another tv which worked fine and I have connected my laptop to the TV with the error and that worked fine So the tablet is cabable of sending a readable hdmi signal and my TV of recieving and interperating one Perculiar HDMI problem It seems the problem only seems to appear when these devices are conncted Also my laptop hdmi is displayed whilst the tablet is plugged into the other hdmi port I am utterly confused there have been no software Perculiar HDMI problem updates between when te connection was working an when it stopped it was maybe a minute period of the tablet being unplugged when the issue has manifested Perhaps one of you out there Perculiar HDMI problem can crack this case I however can not Any help would be greatly appreciated Onshell nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/perculiar-hdmi-problem.200915/
Relevancy 18.92%

I've been having issues with getting a descent/loud sound from my microphone. The audio is at 100% and microphone boost is at 20db. Still really low.

Not sure if it has anything to do with my soundcard. The sound works fine if I have the mic in my mouth, except I don't want to have it in my mouth whenever I need to speak. (skype etc) Any solutions?

A:Really low mic sound

Has this mic worked better in the past or has it always sounded low? I assume you want to use your motherboard's built-in Realtek audio chip for the mic, so make sure that Realtek is the default device for playback and recording in Control Panel/Sound, and check all settings there and in Realtek control panel. Also get the latest driver for your Realtek ALC xxx. The driver may have been replaced by a generic Windows driver - check for driver author and version in Device Manager.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-low-mic-sound.200698/
Relevancy 18.92%

I bought steelseries siberia v2 non USB and when I got them they haven't been working. Microphone or sound. They do work on my ipod at least! I'm running windows 8. When I first plug them in, my computer doesn't recognize them. To at least get SOMETHING to recognize, I have to go into my realtek audio driver control panel, and CHECK [disable front jack detection]. After I check that, my computer recognizes a (SPEAKERS) and (MICROPHONE) from realtek, both of which play nothing. I have tried reinstalling drivers, reverting drivers, new drivers, I have tried plugging into different jacks, I have tried making it my default device, I have tried everything I can think of. Can you help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-headset-no-sound.200626/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey Guys...

So my Packard Bell Easy Note MX37-S-200 has suddenly started making persistent " Crackling " and " Popping" noises from the moment I boot it. The noise is coming from the speakers and the sound is now distorted. I have very recently got it back from the repair shop after having my AC jack replaced... I would really like to rule everything out before I start pointing fingers at the repair guy

Things I have tried - Disabling sound driver - Noise was still there and laptop just installed it again.

Running avast scan through it - Scan picked up nothing.

Played with the sound setting - Nothing changed noise still there.

Plugged in PC speakers - Noise still coming from laptop but sound came out of the speakers fine.

I have noticed also that when the laptop first starts up the noise is louder and more spaced out. I'm wondering maybe whether it is the fan? But I don't no why the noise would be coming from the speakers.

Would really appreciate any help
Thank you

A:Crackling noise coming from laptop speakers + sound distorted

My guess is that based on the information provided that the wires for the speakers have either been damaged or crossed in some way where they are touching something they shouldn't causing distortion. My advice would be to take it back and tell them whats going on and make sure to have them fix it for free if they opened it and caused this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crackling-noise-coming-from-laptop-speakers-sound-distorted.200500/