Windows Support Forum

EVGA Nvidia 7800GS - DVI to HDMI sound

Q: EVGA Nvidia 7800GS - DVI to HDMI sound

I have an old computer which I am converting into a media system. It has a EVGA NVIDIA 7800GS card (AGP) which I am connecting a DVI to HDMI cable. Will this support sound through the DVI to HDMI cable or am I stuck with computer speaker sound from the computer audio port?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: EVGA Nvidia 7800GS - DVI to HDMI sound

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: EVGA Nvidia 7800GS - DVI to HDMI sound

no, the sound will not be carried through the DVI connection. if you were using a direct HDMI output on the card it would work (if the sound had audio processing) but only the video will be carried (i.e. DVI does not support sound)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-7800gs-dvi-to-hdmi-sound.157563/
Relevancy 84.28%

What is the latest driver version for the 7800 GS card?

A:latest drivers for evga 7800GS

The 9.1.3.1 is the newest.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/latest-drivers-for-evga-7800gs.53454/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a dual boot both x64 Vista and XP Pro. I have no sound in XP. I have been trying to figure out what's wrong. I have updated bios, mobo drivers, for both OS's, I have tried just downloading random codecs. Nothing's working. Someone help me please.

A:No sound on EVGA nVidia 650i Ultra mobo. XP Pro x64 OS

Im having the exact problem...soo i installed mt old sound card and still no sound..though nmy mic works as people can hear me...after i Installed sound card i did hear windows sounds but not now...I have no Clue HELP
Manufacturer: NVIDIA Evga mb 650i ultra
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2814MB RAM
Hard Drive: 137 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: SB Audigy Audio [9C00]
Speakers/Headphones: altec lansing
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-on-evga-nvidia-650i-ultra-mobo-xp-pro-x64-os.607614/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello! I don't know which one is worth it, a lot of people prefer nvidia but I always used ATI and worked great, i want to give it a try to nvidia but I was confused with the brands, BGF, PNY, eVGA, XFX, MSI, wolfram recommended this last one but can't find where to buy, I was also reading about the next gen of DX10 video cards because I want to wait and buy one of these but I guess there's gonna take a while for this to become affordable and also compatible. My question is which one of this video cards are better? and which one will provide longer gaming support for actual and future games, I'm getting tired of the low perf of my 9600XT, thank you! BTW my specs:

MOBO ASUS P4P800E-Deluxe
P4 HT 3.4 Ghz 3GB PC3200-DDR RAM
2x250GB WD HDD SATA
AGP8x ATI 9600XT AIW

A:ATI X850 XT or nVidia 7800GS

The best future-proof video card would be the 7800GS. The Nvidia Geforce 7 series are more updated than ATI's X800 series.
It should be a big boost from your 9600XT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-x850-xt-or-nvidia-7800gs.54008/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my graphics card from a radeon pro to a nvidia 7800gs (agp). My monitor is a Sony X-black HS74P. Everything is fine with the display (desktop icons, wallpaper, games, bmp's, etc.) but viewing text is a bit of an issue. Whether it be in notepad etc. or viewing a webpage, written text seems to be blurred eithier at the top or bottom of every letter of text. It's difficult to explain exactly but it seems to either merge in with the background colour or have a double thickness of pixels at the top or bottom of each letter of text.
This has left me a bit puzzled as everything alse about the on-screen display is perfect. Could it be a refresh issue (60Hz), a driver issue (nvdia 81.98 Forceware) or something else?
Any help would be very appreciated!
Thanks, Pete.

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi to all.

A lot of people have this problem and I've read everything in tihs forum regarding it (in other forums too) but I still can't get it fixed.
When I connect my HDMI with the TV I get picture but no sound.Here's what I've tried so far :
-Installing lates Realtek 2.51 and NVIDIA 258.96 drivers (other device's drivers are also latest)
-Changed the SPDIF cable backwards (Somewhere that helped because the guy had it connected in the worng way)
-Both the playback and comm dev are set to HDMI :

-Recently I've noticed something that is new in NVCP-the sound was and still is enabled through HDMI in the Resolutions menu :

-Installed win7codecs,tried with VLC but still nothing

Any help would be apperciated and thanks in advance.

A:Realtek HDMI+NVIDIA vc=No Sound

irelavv, welcome to the forums.

Would help to know which Nvidia card you have (full system specs would help as well) as most of them until recently do not have audio buit into them, and require a 2 pin SPDIF cable connected between the video card and sound card to be able pass audio over HDMI.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/102572-realtek-hdmi-nvidia-vc-no-sound.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a home built HTPC using MSI mobo AMD Athlon II MSI GF gpu w HDMI running on Win Pro bit /Nvidia Win issues sound 7 HDMI I recently switched it form Win XP to Win doing a complete wipe clean install all current drivers etc It had been working perfectly since I redid it Win 7 /Nvidia HDMI sound issues weeks ago sound passthru to my Panasonic digital AVR Playing mkv via Boxee amp XBMC Yesterday however when starting a mkv file I got the Win 7 /Nvidia HDMI sound issues quot failed to initiate auiod device quot error msg and of course no audio I can play all non-surround analog formats fine I went into control panel sounds to see what I could find and noticed that under configuration there are no long any other selctions to choose from except stereo now Before there were several options like etc I tried uninstalling the drivers amp re-doing them but same result To my knowledge I haven t changed anything else on this PC I just got a new HDTV amp am dying to get this working as it did before Thanks in advance for an yideas that might fix this

A:Win 7 /Nvidia HDMI sound issues

Do you have Shark007 codecs? http://shark007.net/win7codecs.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/321846/win-7-nvidia-hdmi-sound-issues/
Relevancy 70.95%

the card after playing a game for a bit claims its not getting enough power so lowers its performance and makes any newish game unplayable. i replaced the psu and the problem remains. please tell me it isnt broken its reasonably new and i just upgraded my whole system around it

A:Nvidia Geforce 7800GS 512Mb Gainward not getting power

Do you have an intel based system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-7800gs-512mb-gainward-not-getting-power.94783/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey guys I have an unusual situation and I m hoping it might be something that just got goofed up from playing Battlefield a week ago Basically I was just running the game using an AGP nVidia GT card from ASUS and the game and system locked up completely I rebooted and I believe at this point I lost the use of the DVI on my monitor My first AGP new Monitor using FPD2185W on DVI 7800GS nVidia Lost Gateway thing to do was see if my video card got fried so I bought a nVidia GS Although this did not allow me to use the DVI I did verify the video card was not the issue Bought a new DVI cord still not the problem Unplugged the monitor and let it sit to quot reset quot itself It still works fine on VGA but not DVI I next updated the motherboard BIOS and downloaded the newest drivers for my new card Nothing is helping the situation at this point I can say that the system will not identify my monitor where before it would actually list my particular monitor brand Lost DVI on new Gateway FPD2185W Monitor using nVidia 7800GS AGP and model number I m not sure if this is because the VGA connection does not carry information and DVI does the biggest issue is that because of this I do not get XP offering me the widescreen resolutions I cheated by making a custom resolution for the system but it does not allow me to get widescreen resolutions in games that would otherwise offer these options Ok so I ve given as much info as I can and now I m hoping that someone will tell me that there is an option that I ve missed that will fix things I realize the Lost DVI on new Gateway FPD2185W Monitor using nVidia 7800GS AGP one part of this problem that I have not excluded is that the DVI port on my monitor is bad I can t find another computer with DVI to test on I will really appreciate any help you guys can offer Brian nbsp

A:Lost DVI on new Gateway FPD2185W Monitor using nVidia 7800GS AGP

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Did you do a full removal of old nVidia drivers before installing the 7800?
Old Nvidia Driver Removal

These are drivers for your Lcd.
Gateway drivers
From your post it looks like it may well be the Lcd.
Still have some warranty?
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-dvi-on-new-gateway-fpd2185w-monitor-using-nvidia-7800gs-agp.46367/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello i updated nvidia drivers yesterday i think and now today when i made playback sound on the lcd tv that i have connected trough hdmi to my gpu it doesn t play sound Every other device is working etc monitor have built in speaker regular speakers and headset They all working fine but whenever i try to playback for the TV it doesn t work I ve tried monitor Nvidia bugged LCD-tv's update my sound? HDMI to change the HDMI to a other port on the tv but doesn t work I ve checked Nvidia update bugged my HDMI LCD-tv's monitor sound? that i haven t muted the TV Still nothing i guess this has to have something to do with the update i made yesterday Though i m pretty sure the sound worked after the update as i ve watched tv with sound on it after the update however now it s just gone Could it be because it went to sleep then i went back to the pc and it was in hibernation mode then toggled back but no sound on the tv http prntscr com b iqt http prntscr com b itn http prntscr com b j u Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-update-bugged-my-hdmi-lcd-tvs-monitor-sound.1170812/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I have installed windows Ultimate bit and sound HDMI from HD Realtek No Audio Nvidia and device have now found I get no sound through the HDMI device I had a simlar issue in Vista and found I had to use an older Nvidia Driver for Geforce GS inorder to get this working with quot Speaker quot as default device However in Windows even using this older driver No sound from HDMI device Nvidia and Realtek HD Audio does not work I have Latest nvidia driver and realtek R drivers installed I have checked various settings in realtek sound manager and audio output devies but no luck Any help will be greatly appreciated No sound from HDMI device Nvidia and Realtek HD Audio Thanks IMG file C Users Amzo AppData Local Temp moz-screenshot png IMG DXDIAG info ------------------ Code System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name AMZO-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer MEDIONPC System Model MS- BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX No sound from HDMI device Nvidia and Realtek HD Audio Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GS Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GS DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model SAMSUNG Monitor Id SAM Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HDMI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvd dum Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Ex Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E E- D - CF-B - B EC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetB Devices NTamd Section pci ven de amp dev Rank Of Driver F Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC B ModeWMV B ModeVC A ModeWMV A Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoPr... Read more

A:No sound from HDMI device Nvidia and Realtek HD Audio

Are you using the S/PDIF out from realtek to S/PDIF in on your nvidia card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/33398-no-sound-hdmi-device-nvidia-realtek-hd-audio.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi every one i am new at this i might carry on please forgive me if that happens.
i am having this Realtek HDMI+NVIDIA =No Sound issue + if i connect back to my rear audio jack with my speakers its fine to listen music but it freeze the screen during game play and gives out a loud buzz sound than i need to reboot to start the pc. it could just be a simple thing but i just cant get it fixed, did find out that if i use razer audio surround it works fine, i dont like to be bully the in that way, did uninstall all razer audio product, just can not get the sound through the HDMI connection, please help

A:Realtek HDMI+NVIDIA = no sound+frezze screen using pc rear audio jack

Please clarify, are you using HDMI connection to your display monitor and audio? Or are you using a standard DVI or VGA PC monitor? And, are you using the RealTek PC audio to speakers? Or are you using the HDMI connection to speakers?

If you are using the RealTek, your "Speakers" should be set as the default audio playback device. If you are using HDMI connection (or have an HDMI cable connected to the PC) Windows will automatically default the playback device to HDMI and if you are using the PC's RealTek you will have to manually change the default playback device.

The problem with freezing and buzz with game play is not an "audio" problem. The buzz is just the result of the freezing which is some other PC problem. Either a Video issue that is causing the PC to hang, or some other hardware problem that is causing the PC to hang.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/309407-realtek-hdmi-nvidia-no-sound-frezze-screen-using-pc-rear-audio-jack.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Had to replace motherboard from authorized acer parts dealer now I get no sound through HDMI port I did through the original board until it got fried by electrical surge Can any one help or send me a picture of the inside the same model to make sure all jumpers on the motherboard are in the right spot ON HDMI AX3400-U3032 HDMI se sound TROUGH in SOUND and No NO Icon ACER Or if any one else had this problem tell me how you fix it It does not have HDMI sound icon in the mixer What I have done I have looked for disabled devices Tried looking in sound mixer settings for the default audio New install and drivers Tried a system utility software RegInOut Looking for serious replies on fix even if it was not an Acer specs AMD Athlon II X Quad-Core Processor Windows Home Premium NVIDIA GeForce Chipset NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Integrated MB DDR Memory TB SATA Hard Drive Green Product variable RPM X DVD R RW SuperMulti NO SOUND TROUGH HDMI ON ACER AX3400-U3032 and No HDMI Icon in sound se Drive Multi-in- Digital Media Card Reader b g n Wireless High Definition Audio with NO SOUND TROUGH HDMI ON ACER AX3400-U3032 and No HDMI Icon in sound se -Channel Audio Support Any help appericated

A:NO SOUND TROUGH HDMI ON ACER AX3400-U3032 and No HDMI Icon in sound se

Welcome to the Seven Forums

One thing you could try is to open up the Control panel then click on Sound and then go to the Playback tab and see if there is anything in there to enable it that's what I had to do on my laptop.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/283344-no-sound-trough-hdmi-acer-ax3400-u3032-no-hdmi-icon-sound-se.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi Guys, not sure if there has been a thread about this already, but couldnt find one.

I would love to upgrade to a triple display setup, and know there can be complications with an SLI or CrossFire setup, so was gonna try a single card set up.

I am looking at GTX 680 but not sure whether to go for a 2GB model of the 4GB.

Has any one got a 2GB 680 and running Nvidia Surround? If so how does it run?

Thanks in advance
Toby

A:EVGA GTX 680 2GB Nvidia Surround

Will this computer be used for gaming?
What card do you have now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/285165-evga-gtx-680-2gb-nvidia-surround.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Like the name says i have an EVGA nVIDIA 9400 GT 1 gig video card, 2.8 dual core processor, 3 gigs of ram, runnin xp, wondering if i can tweak it to improve performance for both call of duty 4 and battlefield 2.. anything else you need to know about my computer just let me know i'll be sure to post it here .. thx in advance

A:Help with tweaking eVGA Nvidia 9400 GT

Try downloading Nvidias "NTUNE" software amd use it to increase your video performance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-tweaking-evga-nvidia-9400-gt.129251/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hows the overall quality and performance of this card i got the 320 mb version to this brand new sealed and want to know shall i pop this in or get a 620 mb etc Any info would be great Thanks in advanced

A:Evga nvidia 8800 gts Questions.

From what ive heard the difference between the two versions only shows above 1600x1200 resolutions, and thats just framerates. I suppose it depends on the game also but from my research thats been the only difference. Last week I just upgraded from a vanilla 6800 to a EVGA superclocked 8800gts 320MB and I haven't found anything to complain about yet. Performance in Vista isnt up to par yet but thats true for all Nvidia cards, they generally perform 10-20% worse in Vista than they do in XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-8800-gts-questions.79682/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all, I have an Acer 8930G laptop with an Nvidia 9600M GT graphics card (forceware v.260.89). I had downloaded EVGA Precision but I'm not sure what exactly is a good recommended setting for the core/shader/memory clock for my card should be. Hopefully someone here can advise which is a good setting to set my card to without melting it. For some reason the "test" button is greyed out so I can't find a limit of what the card can handle.

TIA!

A:EVGA Precision & Nvidia 9600M GT

you need to download the accompanying program to test, though I'm blanking on its name. I think you have to be signed in first though. There is no specific perfect setting, it is just trial and error. Start small and slowly go bigger. Also, you might be able to find more help on an Nvidia forum as it is more specific, or an overclocking forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/136929-evga-precision-nvidia-9600m-gt.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys,

I installed the gtx 470 today and now my PC won't boot. If I turn my computer on, there is no picture on the screen, and my keyboard and mouse don't light up. The motherboard beeps once, which from what I have read, means it passed the POST. My psu is supposed to have 62A on the 12v rail, which should be enough to power the card.

When we take out the card, and use the on-board video, it boots fine.

Could this be a problem with the card? I have tried 3 different psu cables :P (From the wall to the psu) and we still have the problem. I would think the keyboard and mouse would still light up even if the card is defective, which is why I think there could not be enough power being sent to the computer

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

A:Installed evga Nvidia GTX 470 and PC won't boot

Sounds like the PSU is weak....do you have another PSU around?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/133553-installed-evga-nvidia-gtx-470-pc-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 61.92%

i just bought a new EVGA 6800gt off of ebay and i want to know if it is possible to remove the stock heatsink and turn it 180 degrees and reattach it. if some could find a pic of the underside of the heatsink it would help me out alot. the reason i want to do this is because i have a pci slot fan and i want to use it to suck the hot air from the video card

A:Nvidia EVGA 6800gt heatsink

You might be able to get some pics off google.

However, without checking, I'd have to say no. From experience, their heatsinks were manufactured to fit the graphics card and RAM, which are of different heights. Therefore, the underside of the heatsink isn't flat... and you get the idea hopefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-evga-6800gt-heatsink.105938/
Relevancy 61.49%

According to this thread over at EVGA, the latest version 6.0.5 now works with all Nvidia cards. I'm using it, but I have an EVGA card.

http://forums.evga.com/EVGA-Precisio...-m2540855.aspx

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/62044-evgas-precision-xoc-now-supports-all-nvidia-cards.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I am going to buy a nVidia EVGA GeForce GTX 460 SuperClocked from tech4u.com. Although Fumz has kind of said that my computer is compatible for the card, I just want to make sure. It's a lot of money and I'd hate it if I find out i doesn't fit in my computer after I've bought it. So anyway, will this graphics card work with my computer?

Thanks in advance,
Jaidyn

A:Help with buying: nVidia EVGA GeForce GTX 460 SuperClocked

The first problem will be making sure it will fit...so measure! Second that card requires two pci six pin power connectors....Your spec's on psu just say 550w....Read Punksters tutorial on psu's:Planning to upgrade your Graphics Card? Read First...

While not all inclusive it will tell the brands to avoid...gotta be carefullCoolmax CUL-750B 750 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

A 750w burned @450 w....

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/171139-help-buying-nvidia-evga-geforce-gtx-460-superclocked.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I have an Nvidia eVGA gt graphics card running the latest Forceware drivers I play an online shooter called WarRock games (eVGA) quite in often Nvidia freezing 7600gt much like CounterStrike For some Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games reason Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games when I am in game the game will Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games just suddenly freeze for a period of about seconds to minute and then go back to working just fine This will happen several times during the game When the game freezes I can still hear sound It does not freeze when in just regular Windows OS Why would it be doing this I have not had a chance to test it in other games but my friends say that they have never experienced a freeze up like that in WarRock Any solutions I have had this card for about - months and have never had it happen It has only now started happening Also one other question about the fan on a GPU Is it supposed to suck air inward toward the card or blow outward away from card Thanks nbsp

A:Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games

Firstly, what are your pc specs? To your question about fans, some are designed to blow air out the back of your case, but most fans blow air off of your card by either blowing cooler air towards your card or blowing hot air off the heatsink.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-evga-7600gt-freezing-quite-often-in-games.82621/
Relevancy 61.49%

I was looking at the EVGA Nvidia 7950GT KO 512MB GDDR3 for my Dell 8400.

But it comes with a 6 pin power cord, how come?

Shouldnt I be able to slap this into the PCI-E slot and be good to go?

Thanks.

A:EVGA Nvidia 7950GT KO 512MB GDDR3

Nope, it needs extra power. PCIe can only supply 65W (I think...) the card requires more than that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-7950gt-ko-512mb-gddr3.86633/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello guys, so I've had this video card for awhile now but it's been really buggy. The main reason is because the disc that came with it (the exact one shown here http://e-techsiliconvalley.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3966) had some kind of indention on it preventing from being read at all. I tried using drivers of all sorts on the nvidia and EVGA site and all of them end up in failure. As in, the screen stays blank right before the Windows welcome screen or everything loads up but when scrolling, the screen lags and doesn't move to the next frame smoothly.

So can someone point me in the right direction for drivers or some other kind of fix I'm not seeing?

A:EVGA Nvidia 7600GT 512MB AGP Driver

You might have the right drivers, just the wrong settings. If the screen is blank until windows loads, then the onboard video card is still enabled. You can probably disable it in the bios. As for the scrolling....What is your refresh rate set to? Right click > Settings tab > advanced > monitor. If it's at 60 try changing it to 70 or vice versa.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/evga-nvidia-7600gt-512mb-agp-driver.882415/
Relevancy 61.49%

Does the XPS 8900 and this particular video card work together ? The physical size and PSU ? I know it needs a 500 W and the XPS 8900 has a 460 W but without ather hardware can the PSU handle it without crashing ? I am not tech savvy enough so can anyone help with infos, please.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19966035
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm hoping someone can help me with this I had a EVGA GTX which was sent back for repairs because I thought it was causing a problem A new dual with 280 using GTX nVidia mode EVGA Problem card was shipped back to me Among other things I use my computer using the nVidia two-monitor setup using quot extend mode quot Problem using nVidia dual mode with EVGA GTX 280 so both monitors in effect become a much wider screen My old card was set up this way With the replacement card looking at the computer as seen from the rear the DVI output on the quot right quot furthest from the motherboard works fine and as far as I can tell there are no issues However there is nothing I can do to get any kind of image from the other DVI output I've tried quot dual mode quot quot clone mode quot and just hooking up a single cable only to that DVI connector I've tried two different monitors and two different cables Is there some quot trick quot to turn on that other DVI connector or is this new card Problem using nVidia dual mode with EVGA GTX 280 defective I think I had a similar problem years ago and a friend fixed it very easily but I don't remember what he did If it means anything the video card I was using while this one was being repaired worked fine in dual-channel mode The drivers were uninstalled when we removed the old card and the new drivers were installed after the was connected to the system

A:Problem using nVidia dual mode with EVGA GTX 280

Have you adjusted the settings in the NIVIDA control center?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/103649-problem-using-nvidia-dual-mode-evga-gtx-280-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Howdy folks, I'm looking for some sane and simple help getting my new graphics card configured to play Diablo II with the right res. I'm running Vista Home Premium (came with the system), on an ASUS P5N-E mobo w/ E6600 CPU. Using DVI connection, as opposed to the VGA connector (since the video card has no connector for it), on an HP w2207 22" widescreen monitor. Theoretically the graphics should be awesome, but I'm here to tell you that it looks like dog shyte. My VAIO laptop provides a better experience right now, and that's a sad situation.

Still haven't started trying to overclock anything, cause everything isn't just peachy yet.

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Anthony

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/config-of-evga-nvidia-8600-gt-for-diablo-ii.594089/
Relevancy 60.63%

About 2 days ago i was playing a game on my computer when the game froze up all of the sudden and i had to restart. When i restarted my computer it showed the bios screen displaying white lines running vertically in pairs of four down my screen. Currently the only way i can start Windows is via safemode where the vertical lines still display my computer information is displayed below

Cpu = Athlon 64 FX-53
Mobo = Giga-byte GA-K8NNXP-940
Video Card = evga Nvidia Geforce FX 5700 Ultra 4x/8x agp

I have reset my computer many times and reset and updated my bios as well. The video card did not have anything blocking the fan to cause it to overheat. I also checked the monitor plug and plugged a additional monitor into the video card but it still did not work. If anyone could give me any ideas it would be greatly appriciated.

A:evga Nvidia Geforce FX 5700 Ultra Problem

welcome to techspot :wave: :wave:

are u over clocking your FX5700, if so reset it back to stock temperature. the problem is that the card is getting overheated(trust me i had a similar problem with my old 5700le) try putting up couple of more fans also u can try installing third party cooling solutions (like the one from ZAlman)

:grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-geforce-fx-5700-ultra-problem.26796/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello My name is Jacob and i was wondering if my Nvidia Geforce GTX was compatable with my M A T-M Motherboard I tried plugging it in with all neccessary plug ins and i dont know wether or not to replace my motherboard with a better one or psu For EVGA Mobo GTX Nvidia M4A88T-M Compatibility ASUS 760 or anything Heres my current specs Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon II X F Nvidia GTX 760 EVGA Compatibility For M4A88T-M ASUS Mobo Regor nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A T-M AM F Graphics NV Surround x Hz MB NVIDIA GeForce GT EVGA F Storage GB Western Digital WDC WD AALS- J B ATA Device SATA F Optical Drives ASUS DRW- B ST i ATA Device ATAPI iHAS A ATA Device HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH LS ATA Device Audio High Definition Audio Device And i want to replace my nvidia geforce gt with the nvidia GTX What would i need to do to do that Please help Nvidia GTX 760 EVGA Compatibility For M4A88T-M ASUS Mobo soon -Jacob nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

ok first off i got this board second hand from my brother he couldnt get it to work at all however he thought it was a video card compatability issue He had a ATI Radeon card and its an NVIDIA chipset on the board Now that ive giving a tiny bit of back ground ill give you the systems specs or atleast the specs itll be once its working and can see things CPU Intel core duo E RAM GB DDR x OCZ REAPER Motherboard As mentioned EVGA NVIDIA i sli GPU GEforce GS PSU Sparkle W gold class TB for storage and a GB + no =( sli output board video Evga 680i Nvidia for the OS Thats whats in my box and the box itself is a Rosewill Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =( CRUISER So far everything looks like its powers up right and and the HDD spins up it seems like its posting correctly i jus cant get anyvideo out of it Any suggestions would be helpful also keyboards will not work in any usb port and on the mointer it says entering power save mode it detects the cable being there but does not get a signal ive tried multiple keyboards and multiple video cables nbsp

A:Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =(

sounds like it's just a faulty board... it doesn't matter if you have a single ATI or NVIDIA card, it should work with either

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-680i-sli-board-no-video-output.160688/
Relevancy 60.63%

Bought new GPU to upgrade onboard AMI GPU.  New GPU works fine in ancient Dell XP desktop, old GPU from Dell work on HP PCIe slot, both are plug-n-play, but new GPU locks up HP desktop during boot.  I hade tried: Upgraded to 500W power supplydisabled ATI graphic driveruninstalled ATI graphics driver3rd party DDU driver uninstall toolsafe mode and admin logins to delete old driversuninstall of all ATI tools from control panelsystem ALWAYS hangs right after hp splash screen comes up during boot if the EVGA GPU is installed. Proved new GPOU works in other machine.  Proved HP slot works with other GPU, the pair don't get along. No BIOS option to disable onboard GPU. Internet chatter says HP BIOS is very limited in support of aftermarket and particularly recent edition GPUs.  Is there any hope or do I return this GPU? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Will-EVGA-GEFORCE-GT740SC-nvidia-chipset-GPU-run-on-a/td-p/5754925
Relevancy 60.63%

I just recently bought a new motherboard and processor I wanted to get an Intel e processor so I went with the EVGA nVidia i motherboard I ll post the exact model once I get home I already had an existing machine so I reinstalled Windows XP Pro bit after replacing my parts Everything seemed to run just fine but once I have Windows loaded neither of the Gigabit LAN ports are recognized I figured that they were disabled in BIOS so I made sure they were enabled That EVGA nVidia detected not 680i motherboard LAN ports didn t help so I figured that I would have to install drivers After doing that I still have no network connections Ipconfig shows nothing either I didn t have a lot of EVGA nVidia 680i motherboard LAN ports not detected time after I finished the build so I haven t yet played around any further than what I described above but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what the problem is I m not currently with the machine but I ll edit my post accordingly once I get there and I ll post anything else I try as well As usual any help is appreciated P S Does anyone know what the normal or load temps that a stock e will run at No problems just curious nbsp

A:EVGA nVidia 680i motherboard LAN ports not detected

you need to install the motherboard drivers. Usually supplied with the mobo. You may need to download Win64 versions (if available)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-680i-motherboard-lan-ports-not-detected.83286/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there, My sound is not working. I only have a HDMI Sound output. However, I don't have any HDMI Output in my computer. I reinstalled windows a couple of times lately, but i don't know for sure if thats the problem.
Right now im using Windows 7 32-Bit, My hardware specs are: CPU: Intel Duo 2 Core. Graphics Card: AMD ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series. Any help or such will be Very much appreciated

A:Sound not working, Only have HDMI Sound Output, But no HDMI port in PC

the HDMI sound is most likely off your GPU but that series seems to not have a HDMI port so that is odd. If you can make sure your onboard audio is on in your BIOS and also run the tool on this page so that you can update all your system info for us. System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/362876-sound-not-working-only-have-hdmi-sound-output-but-no-hdmi-port-pc.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My Nvidia 7900 GT (Made by EVGA) has been acting up more and more, I have went to the nvidia site and downloaded the most recent drivers, and I still get random green-ish pixils, more predominant on dark colors, help!! lol, its gettin worse.

-Sean

A:EVGA - NVIDIA e-GeForce 7900 GT - Pixilation/Game crashes! (HELP)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/evga-nvidia-e-geforce-7900-gt-pixilation-game-crashes-help.588162/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I have an Nvidia eVGA gt graphics card running the latest Forceware drivers 7600gt graphics in-game card often (eVGA) Nvidia quite freezing I play an online shooter called WarRock much like CounterStrike For some reason when I Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt graphics card freezing quite often in-game am in game the game will just suddenly freeze for Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt graphics card freezing quite often in-game a period of about seconds to minute and then go back to working just fine This will happen several times during the game When the game freezes I can still hear sound It does not freeze when in just regular Windows OS Why would it be doing this I have not had a chance to test it in other games but my friends say that they have never experienced a freeze up like that in WarRock Any solutions I have had this card for about - months and have never had it happen Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt graphics card freezing quite often in-game It has only now started happening Also one other question about the fan on a GPU Is it supposed to suck air inward toward the card or blow outward away from card Thanks nbsp

A:Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt graphics card freezing quite often in-game

This can be any number of reasons having to do with the hardware on your video card. First, I'd keep the Forceware software running in the background and do a quick alt+tab to see if you’re overheating. Overheating will cause your VPU to crash and the VPU recover(er) (whatever Nvidia calles it) to try to bring it back. You could also try using bare min graphics settings to see if that has any effect. If none of that helps, try uninstalling all the Nvidia software and drivers and let Windows update install its driver and see if that changes (you can always re-install forceware). If none of that works, you'll need to locate another video card (borrow one if possible) and install its drivers to see if that has effect.

As for your other question, I'm not sure on that model but in general, the fan should suck fresh air past your medal heatsinks and out the other end.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-evga-7600gt-graphics-card-freezing-quite-often-in-game.599163/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a newly built machine with a EVGA NVIDIA 680i mobo, Core 2 DuoE6300, Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 ATX12V 650W Power Supply, CORSAIR XMS2 DOMINATOR 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400), Maxtor MaXLine Pro 500 7H500F0 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive, ZALMAN 9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler, and BFG Tech BFGR88768GTXOCE GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 OC HDCP Video Card.
I just recently read in the Feb. issue of Maximum PC the Core 2 Duo E6300, is overclocking friendly. In that issue they overclocked it to 3.06ghz stable. I am new to the whole overclocking game. I want to use the BIOS to accomplish this task also. Can someone give me some tips? Thanks much.

A:Help! How do I overclock my Core 2 Duo E6300 to over 3ghz using EVGA NVIDIA 680i mobo

The easiest way is to start raising the FSB a little at a time and then checking stability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-how-do-i-overclock-my-core-2-duo-e6300-to-over-3ghz-using-evga-nvidia-680i-mobo.70946/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey, I've been looking for help for this for 2 days straight and still haven't found any help.

Basicly about 3 or 4 weeks ago, my motherboard or graphics card went, i had the computer repaired and it arrived a few days ago.

I've plugged it all in but i can't get any sound.
I've changed my Bios, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, did some roll backs, plugged in the S/pdif cable altered my properties and still no luck.

Can anyone help me?

The screen shot below is of what my Playback Devices panel looks like when iTunes is on.
I'll give any information i can.

Relevancy 54.61%

I have an Acer M pc I bought a EVGA Geforce GT and when its installed the sound becomes choppy and the pc slows down Here are the pc specs using TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz x Family Model Geforce causing issues sound GT EVGA 430 Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card SiS Mirage Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB L Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer F CR R -B QT Antivirus None These specs are from a fresh OS install The onboard sound is Realtek High Definition Audio I believe there is a confilct somewhere between the and the Realtek Audio I found this http www evga com forums tm aspx m amp high sound stutter Dont know if its related but I tried it anyway didnt help at all Edit Ok I think I resolved the issue windows wasnt using the correct drivers for the Realtek audio I just noticed that the cpu is bit EVGA Geforce GT 430 causing sound issues capable but when I received the computer it had EVGA Geforce GT 430 causing sound issues bit Vista installed so I installed Windows x Would it be more beneficial to install the x version seems logical Edit While definitely better than before its not fixed I can play music and maybe get a pop occasionally but if I play video the stutter returns although not as bad Seems to be with p files not SD Also the screen flickers every now and then with or without running any programs I think I m just going to return it and go back to using ATI cards Eidt Its even choppy over the phone using my magic jack so I m going to return it unless someone has an answer to this problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/evga-geforce-gt-430-causing-sound-issues.988182/
Relevancy 54.61%

after many trial and errors with the fans.. i finally figured out why my PC is still so loud.. well the NB chipset cooler on this motherboard (eVGA NF43) is very loud for a little tiny fan. so i decided to replace it with passive cooling.. such as the Zalman ZM-NB47J
http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=71&code=014

Question is.. i have a 6600GT right by the chipset cooler.. will the zalman fit in there? i kno it wont with the 7800GTs but im not sure how much longer ther PCB's are on those cards.. maybe someone can help me =]

A:eVGA 6600GT + eVGA NF43 + Zalman ZM-NB47J = happy? or not?

After looking at my 6600gt, the picture of the motherboad, and the picture of the cooler, I don't think it will work. You use the blue pci-e slot right?
I guess there are several options. If your chipset stays plenty cool you could try slowing the fan either using a software program, or by using a manual fan speed controller. Or I've seen people with the same heatsink and a similar board layout cut some of the spokes(or bend them), so that it wouldn't interfere with the card. There also might be replacments with a fan that is quieter available.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-6600gt-evga-nf43-zalman-zm-nb47j-happy-or-not.43205/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am running windows Home Premium 64bit. I just did a fresh install and when I ran the WEI the computer rebooted. I can run it with out being in SLI mode, but as soon as I enable and refresh the computer reboots. I am wondering if it is caused by the power supply. I have a rosewill RP650 2 psu. Newegg.com - Rosewill RP650-2 650W ATX12V v2.3 & EPS12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

What are your thoughts?? I have the latest drivers and again this is a new OS install.

A:Evga GTX 260 SLI with Evga x58 mother board reboot issues

Hi and welcome to seven forums

How recent is the SLI? Have you just added the 2nd card?

Could you tell us the rest of your system specs or fill them in on your profile.

Do both cards work fine if you just have 1 installed?

Sounds like it could be a power issue if so.

Cheers

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/187047-evga-gtx-260-sli-evga-x58-mother-board-reboot-issues.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I just installed my new EVGA GeForce GTX750 1G G-Sync video card and it works great, but I'm getting a really high pitched whining sound from it.

I know the older versions of this card had noisy fans but this one is quiet except for this high pitched noise. I saw threads in the EVGA forum for similar problems on other EVGA cards.

I think I'm going to return it but would like to know what is an equivalent card for a similar price. I paid $102 for it and I now see it for $109 so something in that price range would be great.

I'm not a gamer, just wanted a decent video card with a DVI output so I could use my DVI KVM switch with my two Desktop computers.

A:High pitched whining sound from new EVGA GeForce GTX750 1G

Back in 2007 I had a noisy fan in a brand new desktop. And (after considerable angst) the source was the NVIDIA GeForce graphics card. Turned out there was a white wire touching the GeForce fan under the card, and that was the source of the noise. I moved the wire and restarted the machine. It was totally quiet. Perhaps a quick look at your fan to make sure nothing is touching it?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/68418-high-pitched-whining-sound-new-evga-geforce-gtx750-1g.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone. I am very annoyed so i hope u will help me. I have Nvidia 9800GT graphic card, samsung 22" monitor and Panasonic 50" PLASMA tv. Earlier i had WIN XP, and was connecting my computer and PLASMA with HDMI cable from graphic card out and it worked like a charm. Now, i switched to Windows 7, and all i have on my tv as second monitor is BLANK screen, it is recognized by windows as panasonic tv, its there, but its blank. I tried litterally everything, now i am desperate...

Pls help, thx in advanced. Oh yes i have installed newest WIN7 drivers...

A:Nvidia 9800GT - NO HDMI tv out

You should be able to right click on the desktop to access the Nvidia control panel. From there you should be able to enable HDMI and the dual monitor settings should be there as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/86261-nvidia-9800gt-no-hdmi-tv-out.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Just picked up a ti yesterday from local best buy yes they overcharge but I had off and I was looking to replace my ati seems this was a good upgrade anyway what I am trying to accomplish I'm not sure that I can even is have my games movies displayed to my TV about feet away I bought a DVI-HDMI adapter as well and I am able to setup the TV as a secondary display but I mot not easily able ti a an Nvidia got but Just HDMI 560 questions got to force games sound to the HDMI output I was wondering if anyone knows a way to right click an app or some eaqsy way to force program X and sound to go to the HDMI display at will Was hoping for some kind of Nvidia tool right click an app and say send to tv and it would forward the image and sound to that display And has something similar to this but I can not find an Nvidia equal as they didn't install with my drivers Thanks in advance and I hope someone can help me Dorfdad

A:Just got an Nvidia 560 ti but a got HDMI questions

For movies it should just be a matter of opening the media player and moving it to the TV, then after closing it should open on that screen from then on.

For games not as simple. Unless you are playing the games in windowed mode then the above won't work as most games will only play on the primary display when in full screen mode. Will be a bit of a pain as it will re-arrange any desktop icons most likely, but the easiest way would be to make the TV the primary when playing games.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/157422-just-got-nvidia-560-ti-but-got-hdmi-questions.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have just received my M machine after has 2GB ou... 720 GeForce only GT and HDMI NVIDIA VGA a three-week wait despite the -day dispatch promise The NVIDIA GT GB graphics card I opted for only comes with two ports an HDMI and a VGA unlike the specs on the GeForce website I'm told NVIDIA don't actually make the graphics card Lenovo uses nbsp The GB version comes with display ports NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 2GB has only HDMI and VGA ou... This doesn't make sense and is nowhere indicated on the Lenovo customization information The adviser I spoke to then and just now didn't know this either nbsp There are display ports attached to the integrated graphics card but this card has been disabled so I can't use NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 2GB has only HDMI and VGA ou... them My monitors can accept any of these connections but I would have expected a top-grade connection on the top graphics card they sell These details may be nbsp buried somewhere on the Internet but are not obvious to anyone making a choice when customizing NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 2GB has only HDMI and VGA ou... the PC It is very disappointing I have been on the phone most of the day to Lenovo technical support as well as customer services who don't speak to each other but short of sending the machine back it doesn't sound as though I have any option of bypassing the VGA connection Why VGA nbsp Is it worth switching down to a GB card Do I have any options if I really don't want the hassle of returning this and waiting another weeks for another machine

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-720-2GB-has-only-HDMI-and-VGA-output/td-p/3321419
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi. I've been having this problem for the past hour or so and I have no idea what to do about it. I found someone else had this same problem in another thread and as it's expired, I need help about it. Anybody have any ideas?

A:NVIDIA HDMI Output

any chance on getting your system specs, and a description of the problem?

Thanks

Ken J

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-hdmi-output.967708/
Relevancy 53.32%

Running Windows Home Premium bit with Nvidia beta drivers installed with HD Audio drivers I have the hdmi cable running from the EVGA GTX to my Yamaha RXV- hdmi a receiver which ouputs to my Mitsubishi WD -C DLP TV These latest drivers are supposed to enable bitstreaming Dolby True Hd amp DTS TruHD In the Windows sound device configuration there is only the option for speakers amp in the supported formats there is a quot no compressed formats found quot It does list my HD Audio device as the RXV- In the device manager it lists Nvidia hd audio devices each showing the latest driver version How do I get the sound device configuration to allow for or speaker configuration amp to list Dolby True HD amp DTS HD as supported formats What am I missing My setup Asus M A TD-V EVO Motherboard Antec EA Watt Power Supply EVGA Geforce GTX MB GDDR PCI-E Video Card OCZ DDR Dual Channel Memory x GB PC Samsung BD-ROM DVD Writer SATA Samsung TB SATA Hard Drive HD SJ Maxtor GB SATA Hard Drive Windows Home Premium bit Windows XP Pro SP Samsung P Monitor Yamaha RXV- HDMI a Receiver Mitsubishi WD C quot DLP TV

A:NVidia GTX 460 Hdmi issues

that motherboard should have a S/PDIF connector on it. You will need to connect a cable going from that to a connector on the Video card. Make sure that's connected. Other than that, it may have something to do with motherboard drivers, not audio drivers. But I am not an expert. Sorry.

edit. you may want to try un-installing the audio drivers. Maybe try using the audio drivers provided by the motherboard. Thats the only way I could get my EVGA board to do exactly what you are asking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/112006-nvidia-gtx-460-hdmi-issues.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Well i got nvidia evga 8800 gts 320 mb i went to nvidia.com and got the newest drivers which are 7.15.11.5824 and i went to evga and seen they have 158.45 should i go there and download theres or stick with these?

A:Question about nvidia drivers and evga drivers

Why not try both... I doubt that it makes a lick of difference. The first one that dosn't give you the blue screen of death is the one to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-nvidia-drivers-and-evga-drivers.79761/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have just received my M machine after a three-week wait despite the -day dispatch promise The NVIDIA GT GB graphics card I opted for only comes with two ports an HDMI and a only GT and... GeForce has - HDMI M900 NVIDIA 2GB 720 VGA unlike the specs on the GeForce website I'm told NVIDIA don't actually make the graphics card Lenovo uses nbsp The GB version comes with display M900 - NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 2GB has only HDMI and... ports This doesn't make sense M900 - NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 2GB has only HDMI and... and is nowhere indicated on the Lenovo customization information The adviser I spoke to then and just now didn't know this either nbsp There are display ports attached to the integrated graphics card but this card has been disabled so I can't use them My monitors can accept any of these connections but I would have expected a top-grade connection on the top graphics card they sell These details may be nbsp buried somewhere on the Internet but are not obvious to anyone making a choice when customizing the PC It is very disappointing I have been on the phone most of the day to Lenovo technical support as well as customer services who don't speak to each other but short of sending the machine back it doesn't sound as though I have any option of bypassing the VGA connection Why VGA nbsp Is it worth switching down to a GB card Do I have any options if I really don't want the hassle of returning this and waiting another weeks for another machine nbsp nbsp Moderator comment Model added to subject for clarity

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M900-NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-720-2GB-has-only-HDMI-and-VGA-output/td-p/3321419
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Guys,
I really need some help with this one.
I purchased a new PC, with a Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D2V motherboard that has on board realtek audio, I also purchased a nvidia geforce GT630 graphics card which has a built in audio processor and hdmi connection which is going to my LG 42PL6010 tv.

I've installed drivers for chipset, audio, graphics, but I'm unable to get any sound out of the HDMI port. I've set the default play back device as as the tv in control panel - sound. Choosing to test shows the audio bars moving but no sound comes out.
I've checked bios settings, tried with only audio drivers, or only graphics drivers, no joy.

I've tested the cable and tv with a hdmi equipped laptop, so can rule those out as a possible cause.

many thanks
Phill

A:HDMI Audio Out, Realtek + Nvidia

The default playback, if you are using HDMI should be the HDMI. I've never seen one with a "TV" listed as the default playback device. However, in most cases when an HDMI cable is connected Windows automatically switches the default playback device from "speakers" (your PC's RealTek audio) to the HDMI.

Have you installed the NVIDIA supplied video drivers (which include the video card's audio driver)? If not, go to www.nvidia.com and download and install the latest driver for the GT630 and Windows 7 64 bit.

Here is the direct link http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/48847

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/257207-hdmi-audio-out-realtek-nvidia.html
Relevancy 52.89%

please help me with using gt 545 output nvidia 7 oem hdmi windows no this issue i cannot find anything helpful after hours of searching on google relating to this issue no hdmi output windows 7 using nvidia gt 545 oem my card geforce gt oem gb taken out of another pc that my friend gave to me os win ultimate bit cpu xeon x ram gb ddr board no hdmi output windows 7 using nvidia gt 545 oem msi socket for xeon cpu i've twice installed latest drivers GeForce Driver i've been into nvidia control panel and then setup multiple monitors amp it only detects my other vga monitor not the hdmi one i'm using a brand new hdmi cable amp can confirm i've connected it to the correct hdmi connector on my monitor it has hdmi ports and i've tried both when i go into device manager amp display adapters there is only adapter that says nvidia geforce gt should there be another for the hdmi i'm out of options i even work in i t as a breakfix engineer coming across similar issues like this but i cannot deal with this amp really need some help so i'm really hoping someone will help me out here i'm wondering if its anything to do with my other hardware such as the xeon cpu a longshot but i've only just built this pc amp never built a xeon system before amp would normally go for core i or core i

A:no hdmi output windows 7 using nvidia gt 545 oem

Hello, welcome to seven forums.
Your card might only support one monitor.
If it supports 2 monitors then you can only use the HDMI with VGA connected.
The DVI and HDMI share the same signal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/207298-no-hdmi-output-windows-7-using-nvidia-gt-545-oem.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Gang,

I brought this GT-610 Galaxy video card with 1gb ram on Ebay a few months ago. It was brand new. It worked fine until one day I had to unplug the HDMI cord that lead to the TV (using clone view). After I did this and plugged it back in there was no more picture on the TV. It had been working fine. The cord shows up as being listed on the TV as HDMI 2 but when I look for it on the PC I see nothing. I used to see LG TV. Not it is no longer listed.

I have tried rebooting, turning PC off, updating drivers, reinstalling the drivers and taking the card out and and putting it back in. Nothing works. What do I do?

A:How do I get my Nvidia hdmi port working again

Have you tried a System Restore to a date/time when it was working?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-get-my-nvidia-hdmi-port-working-again.1105895/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have nvidia GTX 760 2gb ram with a
Magnavox 39" Class 1080p 60Hz LED TV - Black (39ME313V) The HDMI refuses to show up while RGB works Ive updated drivers the mirroring for windows 8 does not work need help

A:Nvidia GTX 760 Not connecting To magnavox TV with HDMI cor

Did you switch the input mode on the TV to HDMI?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/52407-nvidia-gtx-760-not-connecting-magnavox-tv-hdmi-cor.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Using Vista bit with Nvidia GS DVI HDMI 8400GS Nvidia TV Output HDMI Cant get outout connected DVI to quot monitor no problems but trying Nvidia 8400GS HDMI Cant get TV Output any form of connection through HDMI to HDMI to my Toshiba WLT LCD I cant get an output only a black screen - I know there is at least some form of connection as Nvidia 8400GS HDMI Cant get TV Output when there is no source my TV displays a blue screen Doesn't do dual view cloned view or single view to TV Tried recent drivers and the latest Beta but still not happening I also have the issue detailed in this thread NVIDIA Forums - gt vista tv out which although annoying you can get the Nvidia card to recognise the TV by rebooting the PC when the TV is on and set to correct source I've tried all possible forms of resolutions and Hertz rates from the nvidia control panel Reson for getting this card was because my Mobo can send digital sound through the HDMI connection on the GS making things a whole lot easier to hook up to TV If any one has any ideas I'd be grateful as I've spent the last days trying to figure it out I personally think its Nvidia driver not coping but it could be vista Thanks John

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/113552-nvidia-8400gs-hdmi-cant-get-tv-output.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Just upgrading an old system to Windows 7 with a 9500 GT card and started having issues with a 'Static' clicking sound on Philips HDTV. Have tried to see if I can uninstall the driver but seems to always reinstall itself on boot up. Other things I have tried is disable HDMI audio settings within Nvidia Control panel but the settings don't hold when the system restarts and try a selection of other Nvidia Geforce drivers including 2 beta's.

I have done some research and it seems a lot of people are dealing with this type of issue by modifying the inf file using a EDID editor but haven't really found one with this problem.

Could someone give me some help or at least point me in the right direction in solving this issue.

A:Nvidia HDMI audio issues.

Do you get any static with the regular PC audio? Could be some other problem and not the HDMI??

The Dimension 9150 is rather old (I had a Dimension E510/5150) and generally only Dell audio drivers work or work correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/301717-nvidia-hdmi-audio-issues.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So, I got a Geforce GTX 260 with HDMI Out Via a DMI Adapter.
But, in order to have sound on that HDMI output, I need to connect the card to an S/PDIF output on my motherboard.

My motherboard is an Asus GA-EP45-UD3L, and I do have an S/PDIF output on it.
However, I do not have the cable needed for it, so I'm just asking if anyone could perhaps direct me to the kind of cable I need, perhaps a picture or something. As I am not sure.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
Sorry for my English.

A:Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 HDMI Out With Audio?

Nothing fancy or special about it, in fact if you have a enough unused front panel wires and connectors you can make your own,

Guide: 8800GT/9800GT/9800GTX Sound over HDMI (Now including Creative cards) - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

If you don't have enough spares at least it gives you an idea how easy it is to make one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/72260-nvidia-geforce-gtx-260-hdmi-out-audio.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok so this is driving me mad. I'm trying to get the audio to work on my GeForce card to my TV via HDMI (This is the only monitor that I own). I am currently at a loss. I have already contacted Nvidia Tech Suport (Transcript) with no luck. I also did both a general google search with no luck as well as a Google Search of this SevenForums, again with no luck. Below is a screen shot of the Playback tab of the Windows Sound settings and Nvidia Control Pannel . I would like to avoid contacting eMachine/Gateway customer support due to the fact that the last time I attempted to get support from them they wanted me to pay for "Premium Support" since this is an "archaic computer".

Thank you in advance,

jFlat

A:Nvidia GeForce GT 610 HDMI Audio Issue

I can't find out whether this has the audio chip built on the video card or if this uses audio via an S/PDIF connection to the motherboard.

In any case, check the Device Manager and see what is listed under Sound.

I assume you have installed the latest NVIDIA driver. You can also try uninstalling the video card (but NOT the drivers) in the Device Manager then restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall it. If there is any Windows corruptions that will fix it. You can also try reseating the card (with the PC Powered off when you do that).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/245448-nvidia-geforce-gt-610-hdmi-audio-issue.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi 1GB express small nvidia factor 610 GT HDMI there Installed this to a PROLIANT Gen HP microserver - I removed the RGB connector just unplug from the card and used the DVI and HDMI connectors on the small form connector -- just unscrew the standard size bracket and screw the supplied small form factor one Set small factor nvidia GT 610 1GB express HDMI the BIOS to disable the rather pathetic VGA built in video on the server MOBO and enable the Nvidia card Option on server BIOS - use external video and disable internal one Brilliant -- worked straight OOB although you do get a DVD with Drivers on - you might need to add small factor nvidia GT 610 1GB express HDMI the HD audio driver as well - as there's no audio card on the Server so simply use the HD audio via HDMI DVI outputs You can route to optical output from your HDMI device if you need to For me just plugging in a speaker set to the Monitor headphone out works fine The DAC small factor nvidia GT 610 1GB express HDMI in the monitor is good enough No probs at all -- drives a K monitor too - and plenty of sound as well -- typical servers don't have sound but I'm using mine as a quot sort of desktop quot too For EUR inc Tax a great piece of kit Goes in a Pcie express slot half height For those looking at small form factor boxes this one is a winner note not talking here to extreme gamers though Ensure the small brackets are included when buying --Amazon believe it or not pointed this out and their package included the small form factor brackets Not normally a fan of amazon but in this case they were OK and cheap Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/38840-small-factor-nvidia-gt-610-1gb-express-hdmi.html
Relevancy 52.03%

ok my computer is acer aspire x1700 and it comes iwth a discrete nvidia geforce g100 video card with HDMI output,when i hook it up tomy tv theres no audio. but if i use the motherboard hdmi it has audio, how do i get my NVIDIA TO PLAY AUDIO. plz help i have the latest drivers

A:hdmi audio nvidia g100 problem.. HELP

Make sure that SPDIF is set as the default audio device first in the Windows playback properties. If that doesn't get sound then,

Acer Support: Frequently Asked Questions list for No HDMI audio can be caused by SPDIF cable reversed

Open up the case and find the cable mentioned there, then follow the instructions to switch the connectors around.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/146645-hdmi-audio-nvidia-g100-problem-help.html
Relevancy 52.03%

so bought Nvidia GsForce 9200 and two 22inch Acer X223w monitors.

when i hook one up via VGA and the other with HDMI with a DVI/HDMI adaptor on the DVI port of the screen (which worked for people who i have asked) the one screen with the hdmi flickers once and awhile.
seems when alot if going on (IMs,Movies and games)
i have replaced all the cords and adapters also reinstalled all drivers and programs for both
but it seems to keep happening
i did some researching and people said it was driver problems and others said ti was the refresh rate...i have tried to sort is all out and still happens....
anyone got any ideas?

A:Nvidia Geforce 9200 Flickering When using HDMI/DVI

What did you have before the Nvidia GsForce 9200?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/144763-nvidia-geforce-9200-flickering-when-using-hdmi-dvi.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My ideapad S510p came with Win8.1 preinstalled.  I used it for 2 years with a second display via the HDMI cable.  After upgrading to WIN10, the system no longer recognizes the HDMI connection to the external monitor. The Intel GPU shows in Device Manager.  I have tried uninstalling, rolling back to 8.1 drivers, and allowing windows to update the driver. The Lenovo support site contains only an NVidia driver, which when run finds no NVidia hardware on the machine. It seems to me that this model had the Intel support for the built in screen, and NVidia for the external. Any suggestions may be helpful.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/S510p-HDMI-Nvidia-Not-recognized-after-upgrade/td-p/3377647
Relevancy 52.03%

This process seems pretty straightforward, but nothing's working.

We have built a brand new system with an Nvidia 7300 (128 MB DDR2) and want to use a Sony big screen as a monitor (Model # KDF60WF655). We've got the regular monitor hooked up to the VGA side of the video card, and and the TV is connected via a DVI to HDMI cable.

This is plugged into the HDMI port in the back of the TV. The sound is connected via a mini-RCA cable.

The monitor is set as the primary display.

We've cycled through all the video inputs on the TV, and nothing shows on the screen.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-7300-output-to-sony-hdmi-tv.763802/
Relevancy 52.03%

My ideapad S510p came with Win8.1 preinstalled.  I used it for 2 years with a second display via the HDMI cable.  After upgrading to WIN10, the system no longer recognizes the HDMI connection to the external monitor. The Intel GPU shows in Device Manager.  I have tried uninstalling, rolling back to 8.1 drivers, and allowing windows to update the driver. The Lenovo support site contains only an NVidia driver, which when run finds no NVidia hardware on the machine. It seems to me that this model had the Intel support for the built in screen, and NVidia for the external. Any suggestions may be helpful.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/S510p-HDMI-Nvidia-Not-recognized-after-upgrade/td-p/3377647
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all I have above video card that can support HDMI HDMI support 8800 Nvidia GTS Gforce OC through DVI to HDMI adapter Here is the link MSI -- MICRO-STAR INT'L CO LTD what i am unable to find out is if I connect HDMI cable with above adapter will i have HDMI support Nvidia Gforce 8800 GTS OC sound coming through to my surround sound system I have connected my surround sound and my plasma I want to use Viera link between the but not sure if sound will come through HDMI support Nvidia Gforce 8800 GTS OC when I connect my computer Can you please advice if this is possible or what I need to do to get the sound coming through I have not attempted in doing this just yet because I don't want to spend money on a good HDMI HDMI support Nvidia Gforce 8800 GTS OC cable m in length before finding out Don't you agree How does spdif connector looks like Further to my post this is my motherboard http www msi com index php func pr amp prod no It has spdif connection but how do I connect this to the video card Please step by step

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/227335-hdmi-support-nvidia-gforce-8800-gts-oc.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Brand new Windows Home Premium bit computer HDMI to Control 2 panel minutes Sound sound takes inconsistent open; When I click on the Sound control panel item sometimes it Sound Control panel takes 2 minutes to open; HDMI sound inconsistent takes - minutes to open But that's kind of minor although I'd like to know how to fix it because sometimes the HDMI sound to my HDTV works fine and sometimes it doesn't work at all The only sure fix is to reboot the computer which isn't really what I want to do every time I want sound coming from the HDTV speakers More details if I reboot the computer and then switch from the monitor to the HDTV for my video output I can open the Sound control panel opens at normal speed and then I select the HDTV to be the default sound device and everything is good At some point I stop watching the HDMI output to the HDTV switch the video to my main monitor and the sound now comes out of the computer speakers Great That's what I want I can even turn off the HDTV come back minutes later switch the video back to the HDTV and the sound goes through the HDTV speakers Switch back and forth a couple of times and everything works as expected Great That's what I want But at some later point in time it stops working and I don't know what triggers this At this later point in time I switch the video from the monitor to the HDTV but now the sound remains with the computer speakers if I try to open the sound control panel it takes - minutes and when it finally opens the sound control panel no longer lets me select the HDTV to be the default sound device What's wrong How do I fix this

A:Sound Control panel takes 2 minutes to open; HDMI sound inconsistent

I had the slow opening sound panel/playback section for a while. I tried several things and all of a sudden the problem went away. Not sure what fixed it but I have updated the AMD video card drivers several times, no audio driver updates. The only common point is that I too have an AMD video card (HD7770).

In most cases, if the PC "speakers" (sound card) is set as the default audio playback device and then an HDMI cable is plugged into the PC it will automatically switch to the HDMI sound (and make it the default playback device), and if the cable is disconnected it automatically switches back to the speakers. If you are having problems accessing the sound panel, this is another option (for most) until you get the slow opening panel issue resolved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/300952-sound-control-panel-takes-2-minutes-open-hdmi-sound-inconsistent.html
Relevancy 51.6%

LG 4K tv 43uh610v i get no signal from hdmi output until login screen.Blank screen means i cant get into my bios or boot to disks.To do this i have to connect to my old 1080p TV which works .My card is Nvidia gtx 950.

By accident discovered that turning off secure boot fixes the problem.Would rather turn it back on ,so does anyone know
another fix for this that doesnt involve disabling secure boot? Is it safe to keep it off.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/63736-4k-tv-win-10-secure-boot-no-signal-nvidia-hdmi-output.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a new computer 9800gt) (Nvidia Vista issue video HDMI x64 with Vista x64 HDMI video issue (Nvidia 9800gt) Vista x on it and an Nvidia gt video card The card has dvi ports on it and Vista x64 HDMI video issue (Nvidia 9800gt) my monitor has a vga and an hdmi hookup If i use the dvi-to-hdmi connector graphics are much sharper but the fonts in games in browsers in regular windows are very hard on the eyes and font colors are hard to distinguish in as if they are too faint If i use the dvi-to-vga connection the fonts are great but it definitely feels what im seeing is much more quot dull quot as far as graphics sharpness etc I am sure there must be a setting somewhere that i could find a way to make the fonts look clear and rich in color on the hdmi connection but i cannot find it Ive tried diff resolutions adjusting color settings on monitor and video card fiddling with windows cleartype font settings etc Am I just imagining things Or are there any kind of issues people have heard along this line Thanks for any help or tips someone can reply with

A:Vista x64 HDMI video issue (Nvidia 9800gt)

right click on the mouse and go to the Nvidia control panel. have it set up with the HDMI, and try to make sure all settings are right. you can also set the overall graphics to be set to performance, Quality. or balance. I'd use HDMI. and set it for Balance and see if that helps. not to mention any other settings in there Nvidia control panel you think would help.. try that

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/181433-vista-x64-hdmi-video-issue-nvidia-9800gt.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Athlon Geforce gt Win 7. HDMI Ubuntu audio on Worked NVIDIA working not PCIE gb RAM I had Ubuntu installed on this machine as an XBMC HTPC using the HDMI video and audio NVIDIA HDMI audio not working Win 7. Worked on Ubuntu with the Geforce until yesterday I had a Win license to use so I planned to rebuild the machine to do the same tasks with Win then I could use Hulu and Netflix also Both the audio and video over HDMI had been working for several months on Ubuntu but I just cannot get the audio to work with Win Video is working fine over HDMI The has onboard audio processing so I do not need any other cables I am fairly technical and just cannot see why it will not work NVIDIA HDMI audio not working Win 7. Worked on Ubuntu nbsp I NVIDIA HDMI audio not working Win 7. Worked on Ubuntu have the latest Nvidia driver for that card installed I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver several times You can see in the images of the device manager that it sees my onboard Realtek sound card which I have tried disabling in BIOS with no luck on HDMI audio and the Geforce There are no devices with warnings like it is missing drivers for the HDMI audio All Windows updates are installed The Nvidia control panel detects my Samsung TV but when I open the audio properties I only see the Realtek device or nothing if I have the onboard audio disabled in BIOS There were no hardware changes at all I literally just installed Win over Ubuntu and now HDMI audio does not work I thought Win would be easier to setup than Ubuntu P Screenshotshttp imgur com a k wkX

A:NVIDIA HDMI audio not working Win 7. Worked on Ubuntu

I have since reinstalled Ubuntu with no hardware changes and HDMI audio and video are both working perfectly, so it is definitely something with Windows 7 causing the issue.

Or with the Nvidia HiDef audio. If you open Nvidia Control Panel, do you have a "Set up digital audio" category under Display? If so, open that and see if your HDMI device is listed (I assume it has to be connected and on. I don't have anything
here I can test that on with my GT 240; my monitor isn't sound capable).
That's about all I got. If I think of anything else, I'll add on later. I hope you get it fixed.

SC Tom

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0ee7656f-0c25-43c0-b6da-763c563e262a/nvidia-hdmi-audio-not-working-win-7-worked-on-ubuntu?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I just bought a new computer with a geforce GTX with a mini Samsung cable to check TV, HDMI GTX signal Nvidia hdmi output This i wanted to connect to my samsung TV First off my PC only recognises a second monitor when my TV is connected at boot When i try to select HDMI source on the TV it's greyed out and i can't select it because Nvidia GTX HDMI to Samsung TV, check signal cable the TV doesnt detect a signal I found a workaround for this as i connect my laptop to my tv through HDMI which works flawlessly select source -- gt HDMI then unplug my laptop and plugin my new computer to the same input - meanwhile not touching the channels on the TV Now i get a picture on the TV from my new computer Nvidia GTX HDMI to Samsung TV, check signal cable it's crystal clear and actually works - but there is an error message across the TV screen check signal cable - which never goes away In addition the source HDMI is greyed out again so if i navigate away from the source i can't select it again It seems like my TV doesnt detect that there actually are a signal even though it's displaying it For troubleshooting i tried this Tried different cables of different lengths My laptop to TV works flawlessly through HDMI - so it's not the port on the TV thats faulty I tried connecting my new computer to my friends TV a prosonic and it works So i think it has to do with the combination of my new computer and my TV - as they apparantly works separately I also tried updating the firmware on my TV to the latest version I tried updating GTX drivers even tried a few older versions as well My new computer My TV Samsung LE B B W I have googled my self to oblivion and searched different boards but haven't been able to find a solution A GREAT THANKS in advance to anyone who can solve this

A:Nvidia GTX HDMI to Samsung TV, check signal cable

Welcome to Seven Forums letifere. Yours is a common issue, which you may have discovered in your search. I'm a TV tech, and I have run into this many times. It is not really a TV "problem", as the TV is working as designed. As you know the input will not show in the input list if there is no signal. Your TV also needs to do a "handshake" with the PC (any HDMI device).

It's possible if you boot the laptop with the TV already on, you may find the HDMI input becomes available (much as when you trick it).

1st off, are you plugging the HDMI from the PC into HDMI1 (DVI)? This is the input for connecting a PC.

I hate to say that many give up on HDMI from their PC and resort to DVI to HDMI adapters (there is a PC/DVI Audio in mini jack next to the HDMI1 (DVI) input).

I'd suggest speaking to Samsung customer support, as they have no doubt dealt with this many times, and might know a "trick"

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/221103-nvidia-gtx-hdmi-samsung-tv-check-signal-cable.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I asked in another thread but since this is a video card question I thought maybe I should create a new thread for this question I'm building a new PC and I need to select NVidia and 2.0 HEVC, HDCP that cards HDMI 2.2 support a video card I want to stick with NVidia cards that support HEVC, HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0 NVidia and I want to be sure I get one that can handle HDCP and HDMI in order to decode k HEVC -bit especially if I get the Skylake and don't wait for Kaby Lake since Skylake doesn't have built-in support for HEVC like Kaby Lake will From what I see very few cards support HDCP and HDMI Am I NVidia cards that support HEVC, HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0 correct that the card has to be based on the the GM GPU to support this From a post I read the only cards that support this are - GTX - GeForce GTX Titan X - GeForce GTX Ti Are there any other NVidia cards that fit that specification other than these The is around the right price point for me and I see EVGA has a nice one The other cards listed above are way way out of my price range Is the my only option then I want to stick with NVidia How does the perform I'm looking at this card EVGA GeForce GTX G-P - -KR GB FTW GAMING w ACX Whisper Silent Cooling w Free Installed Backplate Graphics Card

A:NVidia cards that support HEVC, HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0

Are you saying that the 970 and 980 do not support HDMI 2.0 ?

Are you certain you`re even going to use HDMI ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/392552-nvidia-cards-support-hevc-hdcp-2-2-hdmi-2-0-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Athlon Geforce gt PCIE gb RAM I had Ubuntu installed on this machine as an XBMC HTPC using the HDMI video and audio with the Geforce until yesterday I had a Win license to use so I planned to rebuild the machine to do the same tasks with Win then I could use Hulu and Netflix also Both the audio and video over HDMI had been working for several months on Ubuntu but I just cannot get the audio to work with Win Video 7. on audio Worked Win HDMI NVIDIA working not Ubuntu is working fine over HDMI The has onboard audio processing so I do not need any other cables I am fairly technical and just cannot see why it will not work I have the latest Nvidia driver for that card installed I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver several times You can see in the images of the device manager that it sees my onboard Realtek sound card which I have tried disabling in BIOS with no luck on HDMI audio and the Geforce There are no devices with warnings like it is missing drivers for the HDMI audio All Windows updates are installed The Nvidia control panel detects my Samsung TV but when I open the audio properties I only see the Realtek device or nothing if I have the onboard audio disabled in BIOS There were no hardware changes at all I literally just installed Win over Ubuntu and now HDMI audio does not work I thought Win would be easier to setup than Ubuntu P Screenshots on Imgur HDMI not working - Imgur

A:NVIDIA HDMI audio not working Win 7. Worked on Ubuntu

Welcome to Seven Forums bigzdog. I see HDMI audio problems all the time, and there is never just one fix. But looking at your picture, the HDMI choice isn't even listed in sound. It is likely a Realtek configuration issue. Have a look at the Realtek sound manager and the digital output section. I don't have the Realtek to look at any particular settings. Hopefully someone else will add some specific info. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/274796-nvidia-hdmi-audio-not-working-win-7-worked-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hiya people I am having a problem with my TV or it could be my graphics card anyway I have the Nvidia gforce GT connected to my Geforce DVI Nvidia picture blurry 9500 HDMI, GT - quot LCD tv via DVI to HDMI but Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT DVI - HDMI, blurry picture when I have it connected via HDMI port on my TV the Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT DVI - HDMI, blurry picture picture becomes blurry and I have scaling problems but I can fix the scaling problems Anyway once I sort out the scaling problem the picture looks blurry and it looks like the brightness is set too high I have tried changing it in the nvidia control pannel and the same with my tv but it still stays the same Anyways when i connect it via HDMI port on my TV the picture runs perfect the brightness is fine as well as the scaling and also the picture looks alot more vibrant and does not have the grayish look and I dont have to mess about with any of the settings and when I have my Xbox or my ps on this port the picture looks hell of alot better as the picture looks more vibrant and the black seems to be better on this port too anyways anyone know if there is a fix for this if so HELP if you need to know any of my specs or settings or make of tv let me know and I shall post it as soon as i can nbsp

A:Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT DVI - HDMI, blurry picture

anyone?...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-9500-gt-dvi-hdmi-blurry-picture.141849/
Relevancy 51.6%

mkay, so im just chilling playing minesweeper and listening to tunes on my vista laptop (hp) while installing L4D via steam (had the cd and used the key...still amzes me how i cant install of the disc...) and the sound cuts out....i shrug a little at this and poke over to the sound and volume icon thinger, levels were all good and nothing muted...i try a diffrent song, nothing... i go back to sound settings (right click playback divices) to see WTF is up.

and lo and behold i see the supposed problem
the speakers (conexant High Definition Audio) seem mkay nice little green check mark

but
my Nivida HDMI output is labeled unplugged....which is funny becuse i didnt unplug anything...tried updateing...nuthin tryeed rolling back...jack squat

HALP!

Note: sound drive works...i can get sound through headphones. and it doesnt seem to be the speakers.

Relevancy 51.6%

first sorry my English im from Chile So i buy the Geforce gts graphic card install the drivers and run perfect the problem Problem 450 gts Sony Nvidia Geforce Bravia HDMI to it s that now a buy a Sony Bravia the Tv comes with a HDMI slot and the graphic card have a mini HDMI slot first i didn t have Nvidia Geforce 450 gts to Sony Bravia HDMI Problem the cable Nvidia Geforce 450 gts to Sony Bravia HDMI Problem to conect the PC to the Tv i do it with a common vga cable from the graphic card to the slot in the tv it work perfect nice so now i buy Nvidia Geforce 450 gts to Sony Bravia HDMI Problem a HDMI to MiniHDMI Cable and conect the Graphic Card to the tv because i want to see movies in HD on my computer but at the time to turn on the pc and start to load windows the image its perfect but when finish to load windows the tipical black window with the logo of windows the conection breaks and the Tv show a message that the format is Invalid So i dont know what to do it s a problem of drivers the tv isn t compatible with the graphic card or i really dont know plz help and again sorry for my english

A:Nvidia Geforce 450 gts to Sony Bravia HDMI Problem

Hey there, and WELCOME

This has worked before for me and other folks when connecting a second display or TV. Sometimes Windows 7 likes to change projector settings on you. Try tapping Windows key + P until your TV display comes on. That should do the trick.

Keep us posted, let us know if that works.

Best, Heather

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/163627-nvidia-geforce-450-gts-sony-bravia-hdmi-problem.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm using my 4870 to send video and audio to my reciever to watch movies and such on my tv from my computer (through HDMI).

What I'm wondering is can I make windows media player be the only device that uses the video card sound?

What I would like to do is be able to have a movie playing (on my tv from the computer) and have the sound go through my speakers. Then be able to do everything else (games, music, etc) using my sound card.

Any ideas?

A:4870 HDMI sound and separate sound card

shameless bump!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/4870-hdmi-sound-and-separate-sound-card.811480/
Relevancy 51.17%

For some reason my HP Pavilion p6755a Sound stop working. I am currently running Windows 10.  When I click the Sound from Hardware and Sound page, it is telling me that AMD HDMI Output Not plugged in. Can anyone help me resolving these issue. RegardsAlex

A:No sound on my HP Pavilion p6755a. Error in Sound AMD HDMI O...

Hi there @Alex1965,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the sound. I will be glad to help you. Here are some documents to help with sound.No Sound from Speakers (Windows 10, 8)Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/No-sound-on-my-HP-Pavilion-p6755a-Error-in-Sound-AMD-HDMI/td-p/5504342
Relevancy 51.17%

Yesterday I installed a new external hard drive - following the installation - my sound no longer played through my hdmi, no sound through via sound laptop tv through (idt speakers plays television video is fine HDMI connection and sound now comes ONLY through the laptop speakers The option for HDMI Audio doesn't appear in the 'sound' menus I have 'checked' quot shoe disabled quot and quot show disconnected quot in those menus Basic Specs DV - us Windows bit IDT High Definition Audio Codec ATI Mobility Radeon HD AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon I have tried the following fixes gleaned from other forum posts on similar forum posts Uninstalling and reinstalling IDT drivers - didn't work HP driver 'recovery manager' to install 'original' IDT audio codecs - didn't work Unistalled ATI Video Drivers and reinstalled them - didn't work System Restore to a week ago - didn't work I use my HD TV as my primary monitor for gaming so having sound no sound through tv via hdmi, sound plays through laptop speakers (idt through laptop speakers and not TV is quite annoying Perhaps my only solution is another sound card

A:no sound through tv via hdmi, sound plays through laptop speakers (idt

So you're trying to get audio to play on your TV from your laptop? Since you said the video is fine it's obviously not the video drivers. It sounds like the sound output is configured wrong. I don't think it would be labeled as HDMI. HDMI is just DVI with HD Audio. Try altering your sound settings to see what you can get.

Audio is a very difficult thing to diagnose and fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/266914-no-sound-through-tv-via-hdmi-sound-plays-through-laptop-speakers-idt.html
Relevancy 51.17%

So I've got a problem I changed my case days ago and everything went great all working as being through speakers.Jack sound only? detected.HDMI not sound No it should be Up until No sound through speakers.Jack not being detected.HDMI sound only? an hour ago when the lid got stuck in one of the little clips so after a quick bang it went in But then I lost my picture on both monitors So I went to investigate I ended up moving the GPU over to the No sound through speakers.Jack not being detected.HDMI sound only? other x slot and it is now fine but since then I've No sound through speakers.Jack not being detected.HDMI sound only? lost all sound through either the front or rear jacks It is saying that the speakers are not connected I've done all the usual checks as in default devises drivers Everything I can think of I have done I have tried a new cable and tested through both of my phones and the speakers work fine I've also tried a few sets of headphones in both jacks There is a faint hiss sound when I turn the speakers on that has just started I have managed to get sound through my tv via HDMI but every time I go into audio manager and lets say change from soft to hard I loose the sound again and have to set the HDMI as default again this too has just started I'm using the on board realtek audio sound card on an Asus p z -lx motherboard Just a quick note when I plug in the jack there is no beep and the pop up screen does not appear as normal To me it is pointing towards a motherboard problem with the problems happening together Any help would be great

A:No sound through speakers.Jack not being detected.HDMI sound only?

Hiyya Paul mate sounds like (no pun intended) that thump dislodged something on the board just carefully move the I/O output block and see if there is any movement, could be something a simple as dry joint but which is going to be hard to find and fix.

If you have some warranty and I know it is a PITA having to reef it all out again but.....

Personally I have the P8Z77-V and I just stuck an Asus Xonar DG card in the thing and there is no comparison really and you get one heck of a control centre. Not expensive I don't know about where you are but out here $35 so both my Ivy and Sandy Bridges have them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/276991-no-sound-through-speakers-jack-not-being-detected-hdmi-sound-only.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Windows Pro -bit I finally got video and sound to come out both the mobo and the NVidia video HDMI card MOBO is Foxconn G MXE Sound system on mobo is NM ICH Family High Definition audio Controller by Intel Video Card is GeForce GTX Ti with NVidia GF High Definition Audio Controller Video card has HDMI HDMI not sound Windows and synced mobo sound 8.1 in output connected to TV set containing both video and sound Video from NVidia goes to both monitor and TV Windows with all updated drivers as far as i know based on two driver update apps In Windows there is a significant delay between the audio coming from the mobo sound to the local speakers and the mobo sound and HDMI sound not synced in Windows 8.1 sound out of the TV set In PCLinuxOS on the same machine there is hardly any delay It is thus painful to watch a movie or a Youtube performance with any kind of speech or singing on Windows due to the lack of lip-sync I need to know of there is a fix for this and if so where do I find it or can somebody please post it here Thanx for your assistance--doug mobo sound and HDMI sound not synced in Windows 8.1

A:mobo sound and HDMI sound not synced in Windows 8.1

You are using two separate "sound cards" (chips) at the same time (one in the Video Card and one on the motherboard). The processing in the chip can cause a delay or out of sync. Windows is designed to only have one default audio playback device. Circumventing that can cause problems, such as you hear.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/59620-mobo-sound-hdmi-sound-not-synced-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I run a laptop and projector for my church We have a Sony VAIO AR powerhouse media laptop with Windows Vista It was originally hooked up through the corresponding HDMI port to our VPL-AW Sony Projector but Nvidia through Projector usb uga 2 and adapter screen the not recognizing HDMI dual sony has replaced the port once and it quit again We switched to the vga hookup but because it is analog and not digital it won t allow us to play our church videos We bought a UGA adapter usb When we hook up the HDMI adapter and change the VPL-AW Sony projector back Projector not recognizing the Nvidia dual screen through and HDMI uga usb 2 adapter to the hdmi screen the projector doesn t talk to the laptop and switch the NVIDIA to a dual screen I am not able to manually switch it to a dual screen thus we have no picture on the projector Before the HDMI port went bad all we had to do was turn on the projector first and then switch on the laptop and it automatically detected the dual setting and brought up the dual Projector not recognizing the Nvidia dual screen through and HDMI uga usb 2 adapter screen for our media shout programming I have exhausted all the things I know to try so if anyone has ideas please I can use the help Thanks in advance and God Bless nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/projector-not-recognizing-the-nvidia-dual-screen-through-and-hdmi-uga-usb-2-adapter.973922/
Relevancy 51.17%

I was enjoying setting up my new HTPC and attempted to adjust the NVIDIA control panel settings from 720p to 1080p and lost video to the HDTV. I have attempted to get the settings that worked back and have adjusted the Windows and NVIDIA display settings but cannot find a working combination (not even at the original 720p). Is there a way that I can reset both the Windows and NVIDIA display settings so that I can get the video working again? It seems to me that these settings are in conflict. Video card is EVGA GeForce 8400 GS....

A:No video to Samsung PDP530 over HDMI after adjusting NVIDIA Settings

Uninstall all of the NVidia drivers including the console. When you reinstall, it will default to the correct Resolution again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/220063-no-video-samsung-pdp530-over-hdmi-after-adjusting-nvidia-settings.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello NVIDIA geforce does not detect LCD HDTV PC connected to Samsung LE F W by HDMI The PC is not Nvidia connected HDMI HDTV Samsung PC 9200 in does display by to running Win Premium Home bit SP It is connected to a inch monitor Viseo W via a vga cable The Nvidia 9200 in PC connected to Samsung HDTV by HDMI does not display monitor is at x at HZ The nvidia driver version is The tv is a recent Samsung LE F W and is connected by new HDMI Nvidia 9200 in PC connected to Samsung HDTV by HDMI does not display cable from PC to TV The TV reports that this source is not connected The current resolution of the TV is x at HZ If I look in Nvidia control panel under 'setup multiple displays' - I only see the Vi SPAM W as a single display I choose 'My display is not shown' followed by 'Rigorous Display Detection' and Nvidia 9200 in PC connected to Samsung HDTV by HDMI does not display 'Yes' to 'Would you like your TV enabled' This puts a 'tick' in the 'force television detection on startup' checkbox The 'restart now' button is greyed out - I restart the PC anyway without effect The TV does not recognise it is getting a signal from the PC The PC does not recognise the TV display as existing Any advice would be welcome as to Am I posting in the right forum What should I do to make the TV display my PC output rgds Graham

A:Nvidia 9200 in PC connected to Samsung HDTV by HDMI does not display

I would recommend you to connect the TV alone and check if there is any display or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/188882-nvidia-9200-pc-connected-samsung-hdtv-hdmi-does-not-display.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all I Gigabyte graphics (NVIDIA) audio GT220 HDMI from new card No searched and No HDMI audio from new Gigabyte (NVIDIA) GT220 graphics card found similar but not close enough problems Specs up front W Home Premium x Asus M A-VM motherboard AMD Athlon x GB RAM Gigabyte GV-N OC- GI GeForce GT On-board audio aside from the HDMI out on the GT I have an LCD monitor I use of the time on the DVI plug and an HP projector for watching videos hooked up to the VGA plug I bought this GT specifically for the HDMI audio out to my receiver Except the HDMI audio doesn't work whether or not I disable the on-board audio in BIOS I downloaded the latest NVIDIA drivers July ' and the computer recognizes the receiver If I start playback you get the little bars dancing next to the receiver in audio properties See image below but no sound Unlike older cards with HDMI plugs this one has no SPDIF inputs should get all the signal through the PCIe bus I guess It seems Windows is smart enough to disable the on-board when I turn the receiver on and re-enable it when I turn the receiver off but not to actually send audio to the receiver I know the receiver amp cable are good because if I unplug the cable from the computer and plug it into my WDTV I get HDMI audio but when the cable is plugged up to the computer quot HDMI quot doesn't appear in the receiver display and there is no sound Thoughts Thanks in advance

A:No HDMI audio from new Gigabyte (NVIDIA) GT220 graphics card

Jaime,

Aside from setting Nvidia HD audio to default, you will need to have the latest Nvidia audio driver installed. You can uninstall your current Nvidia drivers (all of them), and when you install this driver, select custom, and make sure audio driver is selected to install.

Here it is: NVIDIA DRIVERS 285.62 WHQL

I'm not sure if you have an Nvidia driver installed minus the audio driver, but if you do: This may or may not work instead of removing all the Nvidia drivers: select install driver - Custom. This may allow you to only install the audio driver (so you don't need to remove all other drivers).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/205510-no-hdmi-audio-new-gigabyte-nvidia-gt220-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Title says it all. Troubleshoot attempts:Disconnected all AV and HDMI wires from TV and discharged any remains by holding power button. connected everything then returned tv to factory settings and turned off HDMI controls.(http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/54962-4-sony-bravia-x...)I did what the username: FrankieViturello said.This is by far the only solution I saw which I thought would have worked/ or understood.Please help me, I just really want to use this bravia as a monitor.
Please remember, I can't open my pc using the Sony Bravia so I can't troubleshoot in there. 
I mean I can't adjust display setting or screen resolutions because it never passes the black screen with "No Signal" sign at the bottom.

A:Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 connecting to Sony Bravia R40 series through HDMI problem

Hello there, i also have sony bravia tv, and i connect my pc to tv via hdmi, but i don't have the whole screen, i can't see top, bottom, left and right corners, if you know what i mean, i need to guess where is the start button, and if i change resolution picture gets smaller and still corners are not visible, do i fix that problem with that, or is there a siple solutuion? For your problem you are having i have no idea how to fix it. :/

I have the vga port but its so small screen then, so i want to connect via hdmi and have a good quality picture. Does anybody have any idea what should i do?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526655/nvidia-geforce-gtx-650-connecting-to-sony-bravia-r40-series-through-hdmi-problem/
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently done a new build, not with the same specs I have on here;
i5 2500k
p8z77-m pro
sapphire radeon 6870

I cannot get any sound through the front+back headphone jacks, realtek doesnt detect any audio devices, however i can mess around with the settings to get windows to say i have speakers+mic and 2nd audio devices plugged regardless if anything is plugged in or not. I have tried everything!

A:No sound via audio jacks, but sound via hdmi.

Hiyya and welcome aaron mate sure the board is hooked up right?
Otherwise drivers? or failing that a decent sound card I use a cheap Asus Xonar DG which gives excellent audio and mixing features but my next build is having the Asus Xonar DS or DX .

Another option would be one of those card readers in a front bay but am surprised you cannot get sound off the board connections?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/255674-no-sound-via-audio-jacks-but-sound-via-hdmi.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello , my sound isnt working at all i try to fix it but nothing. By fixing i mean unistall driver/ reinstall driver , tried the quick fix , did the realtek hdmi codec , device manager thing and nothing. This all happen because i tryed to update my radeon hd 5570 driver and i unistalled my sound driver but reinstalled them. (i already use driver genius to fix my display problem)

A:No HDMI sound or speak/headphones sound

What happens if you make the Speakers the default?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/294686-no-hdmi-sound-speak-headphones-sound.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Thanks to anyone who can help - I m trying to display output Solved: GeForce HP Plasma laptop with 8400M TV HDMI / problem NVidia to images on a Plasma HDTV tomorrow at a wedding reception no pressure Solved: HDMI output problem with HP laptop / NVidia GeForce 8400M to Plasma TV There is no output to my Panasonic Viera HDTV from my HP Pavillion dv laptop using the HDMI port I am using a cable that is normally plugged into and therefore currently working my HD Tivo The TV is set to the input normally used by the HDMI cable for the tivo After plugging into my laptop I press the Fn F keys and a small graphic in the lower right of the screen pops up to indicate it s trying to clone the display but nothing happens Computer Specs - Vista home premium Bit service pack windows experience score - NVidia GeForce M GS with MB available graphics memory driver up-to-date - GB RAM - GHz I Solved: HDMI output problem with HP laptop / NVidia GeForce 8400M to Plasma TV ve tried - testing with the s-video Solved: HDMI output problem with HP laptop / NVidia GeForce 8400M to Plasma TV output and everything works fine - but I want HD note that when I press fn f the lower right hand graphic pops up with a little TV icon different from described above - adjusting the screen resolution to x and also trying other resolutions before attempting to send out the monitor signal - going into the NVidia control panel - gt change display configuration - gt select display you d like to use - gt quot my display is not shown on the list quot - gt and checking quot force television display on startup quot then restarting my computer - going to the quot Video and Television quot settings for the graphics card the only option I have available there is to quot adjust video color settings quot - googling extensively to no avail And Nothing To anyone who can help solve this problem in the next hours I ll send an amusing photo of me in a Santa hat at the top of a mountain in Tazmania as a token of my gratitude Thanks in advance - DC Maggie UPDATE I think I ve got it folks - hopefully instructions above will help someone else trouble shoot someday All the best nbsp

A:Solved: HDMI output problem with HP laptop / NVidia GeForce 8400M to Plasma TV

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hdmi-output-problem-with-hp-laptop-nvidia-geforce-8400m-to-plasma-tv.747346/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
I try to connect my HP ZR24w with hdmi/dvi connection because i have some "flickers" with VGA cable.
The very first driver installed on my Vostro 3750 worked fine but only 1920*1080 and my monitor is 1920 X 1200 capable ; with VGA no problem.
I tried to install (via automatic search) new HP monitor driver and graphic card driver (with automatic research for both). The result was HDMI connection did not display anything !
Then I tried to search by myself the drivers on nvidia site and the HDMI connection restarted but only with a 1024 X 768 definition....
I tried multiple drivers with the same result.
Any help will be appreciate !

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19681725
Relevancy 49.88%

I have been trying to use my win x Dell l x laptop with my folk's new samsung lcd tv I finally got the sound bit working opening nvidia control panel refreshes the audio playback devices list but I have several erroneous devices that appear and disappear when connecting the TV I tried the same Dell issues HDMI Audio (NVIDIA devices) (multiple 540M) l502x device TV with the Dell l502x (NVIDIA 540M) HDMI Audio issues (multiple devices) same cable with Dell l502x (NVIDIA 540M) HDMI Audio issues (multiple devices) my brother's new toshiba laptop and there were two playback devices as expected - speakers and TV Mine looks like this Can any l x owners confirm re driver install if they did follow these instructions ie R Video Do quot Custom Install quot Uncheck HD Audio nVidia GeForce GT M GeForce GT M GeForce GT M Stereoscopic D GeForce GT M N E-GE-B LP -GT M N E-GE-B GT M GeForce GT M v A MB willing to try anything to attempt to get this configured quot properly quot also having issues with nvidia display driver crashing when external is connected despite underclocking gpu as advised

A:Dell l502x (NVIDIA 540M) HDMI Audio issues (multiple devices)

I have multiple HDMI audio entries listed in the Sound Panel/Playback section. Mine are AMD HDMI audio as I have an AMD Radeon video card.

You have an NVIDIA video card so the reason for the NVIDA listings. The Toshiba may only have the basic Intel Video, for example, and the reason for only one entry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/352001-dell-l502x-nvidia-540m-hdmi-audio-issues-multiple-devices.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I ordered a 7800GTX "KO" with EVGA ACS3 cooling (bigger cover for heatsink fan and card) I also will have it as well the cpu on liquid cooling I am hoping to get near 2.7-2.8 alot with same core doing 2.7 - 3.0 on 64x2 4800 and not going to oc the already higher 490/1300

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-7800gtx-ko-490-1300-evga-acs3-cooling.33336/