Windows Support Forum

Specs for Gaming Laptop

Q: Specs for Gaming Laptop

These are some specs for a gaming laptop I am looking at: PROCESSORNEW Intel® Core? i5-430M 2.26GHz (2.53GHz Turbo Mode, 3M cache)

OPERATING SYSTEMGenuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

HD DISPLAY15.6? High Definition (720p) LED Display with TrueLife? and Camera

MEMORY4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz

HARD DRIVE500GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)

GRAPHICS CARDATI Mobility Radeon? HD 5470, 1GB
OPTICAL DRIVE8X CD/DVD Burner + Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning - Enhanced Burn/Authoring

BATTERY OPTIONS85 Whr Lithium Ion Battery (9 cell)

WIRELESS CARDIntel© Centrino© Advanced-N 6200

BLUETOOTHDell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Internal (2.1)

SOUND OPTIONSSoundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio - Software Enabled
Just wondering if this would be good for an ok-ish gaming laptop.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Specs for Gaming Laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Specs for Gaming Laptop

This looks like a nice laptop. Whats the model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specs-for-gaming-laptop.205950/
Relevancy 73.96%

I m in the Navy and getting ready to go on a ship so you can imagine how that goes I want a good gaming laptop to use in my time off to keep me busy I would like to play Oblivion single-player time killer and I can get into FPS and RTS games especially if there are others involved in the action too So keep that a to gaming (specs buy Looking laptop inside!) in mind when you re looking at this I ve never been much of a big-time pc gamer so I m not exactly up to par on graphics card standards and such But here is what I m looking at right now Toshiba is having a sale off on select customized laptops until May st So they quote this system at a retail of some dollars but since there Looking to buy a gaming laptop (specs inside!) is a sale its only Toshiba Satellite P -ST CPU Intel Core amp Duo Processor T GHz MB L MHz FSB Operating System Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium -Bit Memory MB PC DDR MHz SDRAM MBx LCD quot Diagonal Widescreen WXGA TruBrite display x Graphics Controller ATI Mobility Radeon amp HD with MB DDR discrete memory up to MB allocated Looking to buy a gaming laptop (specs inside!) shared graphics memory HDD GB HDD rpm Serial-ATA Optical Media DVD SuperMulti DVD SuperMulti -R double layer with Labelflash amp drive Looking to buy a gaming laptop (specs inside!) Mini-PCI WiFi Intel Wireless WiFi Link AGN a g n Bluetooth Bluetooth Version EDR Battery Lithium Ion battery -Cell mAh All this for So is this a good deal Is there a better option out there for close to the same price range Will I be able to play some high end games such as Oblivion I d appreciate your opinions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

In was wondering if you guys could take a look at the system im about to put together Any advice would be great HITACHI Deskstar T K A GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive - OEM ASUS A N-SLI Premium Socket NVIDIA nForce SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail AMD Athlon Venice GHz FSB KB L Cache Socket Processor - OEM gaming New pc specs RAIDMAX RX- KW ATX V W Power Supply - - Vac TUV UL CSA CE FCC CB - Retail SAPPHIRE New gaming pc specs L-BL Radeon X MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Video Card - Retail CORSAIR ValueSelect GB x MB -Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR PC Dual Channel New gaming pc specs Kit System Memory - Retail LITE-ON Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM M Cache IDE DVD Burner - Retail Thermaltake VENUS mm Ball Cooling Fan Heatsink - Retail COOLER MASTER CAV-T -WWC Silver Blue ATX Mid Tower Computer Case New gaming pc specs W Power Supply - Retail nbsp

A:New gaming pc specs

Looks like a nice system! Two things came to mind as I had a once over.

1. I'd do some research on that PSU. I haven't heard of that maker (which doesn't say much, there are a LOT of makers I have never heard of). No-name PSUs are a headache. See what some others say about it. It is possible that the one you have chosen is a big name maker, I honestly don't know.

2. Why get a ATI video card? I actually prefer ATI over Geforce myself (the Canadian in me), but if you are going to get an SLI motherboard, you may as well keep your future upgrade options open. Recommend getting a Geforce, so that down the road if you want to stick another in there you can link them up. Why tie your own hands?

Also, another thought... I know I said I only had 2 thoughts but.....

That Venus12, how loud is it? My last computer had a volcanoe heatsink/fan and it was like a jet engine in my living room. Drove me INSANE. :knock:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-pc-specs.31407/
Relevancy 59.34%

Ok, I am a novice when it comes to hardware. I am looking for a something to Boost my gaming to the point where The Elder scrolls: Oblivion would run fine on my system. Right now everything is factory. So I am wondering what I need to increase my capabilities to that point, Which I stated earlier. I am willing to spend 150$ right now for upgrades, and need to know what I would need for the job. I wrote down my specs when I joined. I dont know if you can see them,but if you need them I will be happy to post them. I am thinking I need a very nice video card and more ram. But how much ram and what video card? And maybe a price on how much I would have to spend. I am taking all recommendations. In advance I appreciate the help and advice.

Thanks.

A:Gaming Specs

I cannot find any information or pics of your system at the instance, so I cannot say anything definite.
These two should be good for you: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139008 + http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161287
The 4670 will in a few weeks be replaced by 5650, which will perform the same or better, cost a little less and produce less heat, consume less power and have DirectX11 capability (which you don't need/can't even use for Oblivion, but it'll be good to have).
More RAM would help, too, but I really can't know what kind as I can't find any info on things. Please post back in this thread soon so that I get an subscription update and won't forget to get further into this when I have a bit more time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-specs.856729/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, i was looking to build a gaming pc and have put together the following as a plan but wondered if it will be any good, will it play new games and at high settings\ or would you recommend any adjustments?, I have a tight budget so any help is appreciated.

CPU ? AMD Phenom II x4 Black Edition (AM3, 3.20GHZ, 8MB Total Cache), Operating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium (32bit), 4 GB Kingston DDR2 Ram, 500w Power Supply
Asrock K10N78M Motherboard, Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4670 1GB PCI-E Graphics Card
500GB S-ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive, Sony Optiarc 24x SATA DVD Burner
X Blade Silver ATX casing, 2 x Akasa AK191SM fans and standard Heatsink and CPU fans

A:Help for specs on gaming PC

Drop down to a Phenom II X2 55x series CPU and get a more powerful video card instead. Also, what're the specs on the PSU? (brand and model number)

Lastly, I'd recommend the Cooler Master HAF 912 and the NZXT Beta EVO as better cases. Choose whatever fits your budget best, but the HAF 912 is the better of the two IMHO.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-for-specs-on-gaming-pc.158620/
Relevancy 59.34%

Recently I decided to build a gaming pc, And would like to know how are these specs(No bias Please):

My specs are :-

- Fatal1ty Z97X Killer Motherboard

-Intel i7-4770k 3.50 Ghz

-Amd Radeon R7 200 Series

-Corsair 16 Gb Ram

-1 Tb Hard Drive(I forgot company, sorry)

-Corsair Carbide 500R Case

-Windows 7 64 bit Home premium

- Corsair CX750M ATX power supply

And one thing, Can someone recommend a good Gaming Headset with built in Mic, Please?

A:How are my gaming PC Specs

Well considering that you built a gaming pc and did not mention what GPU (only series) you have then it's pretty hard to actually evaluate your rig. Plus tell us your cooling solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-are-my-gaming-pc-specs.209032/
Relevancy 59.34%

I ordered a gaming PC about a year ago and now want to upgrade due to a faulty video card. This is what my PC would look like if I upgraded now;

motherboard: Msi 770-G45

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 945

Ram/memory: 4 GB DDR3

Graphics card: Geforce GTX 260

PSU: hec XP1080 1080W Continuous @ 40°C ATX12V / EPS12V CrossFire & SLI NVIDIA HYBRID-SLI Certified Modular Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

So, are these parts all compatible, is my motherboard compatible with a directx 11 gpu? Please reply if they look compatible or not. Have a nice day!

A:I need help with the specs for my gaming PC

benmenftw said:

So, are these parts all compatible..Click to expand...

Yes

benmenftw said:

is my motherboard compatible with a directx 11 gpu?Click to expand...

Yes, insofar as motherboards aren't dependant upon which DirectX API the card is capable of utilising. Graphics card compatibility is dependant upon the slot interface the motherboard uses.
Your MSI board uses PCI-E graphics slot
GTX 260 uses PCI-E graphics slot
Match made in heaven

benmenftw said:

Graphics card: Geforce GTX 260Click to expand...

The GTX 260 isn't DirectX 11 capable, so why DX11 is an issue is a moot point.

benmenftw said:

Please reply if they look compatible or notClick to expand...

Done

benmenftw said:

Have a nice day!Click to expand...

You too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-with-the-specs-for-my-gaming-pc.158717/
Relevancy 59.34%

is a Intel Core i3 dual core i3-2100 procceser with a Processor speed of 3.1GHz., with 8gb of ram suitable for basic gaming(games like WoW and Minecraft)?

A:Gaming PC specs

I think this belongs in the "Other Hardware" section, but I'm sure a mod will move it if needed.

Moving on... what graphics card do you plan on using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc-specs.169384/
Relevancy 58.48%

-Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54670K

-MSI Z87-G45 Gaming LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Pro Gaming with Killer Networking & Sound Blaster Intel Motherboard

-Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)

-XFX - AMD Radeon HD 6670 2GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 Graphics Card

-Seagate Barracuda 3 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 7200 RPM 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST3000DM001

-RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply, New Version with Build-in LED Fan On/Off Switch

-Cooler Master HAF X - High Air Flow Full Tower Computer Case with Windowed Side Panel and USB 3.0 Ports

by the way I want to play games like battlefield 4 and crisis 3 on the high settings if you can recommend anything better please do so

A:Are these good specs for a gaming pc

Hurperdurp said:

-Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10)

-XFX - AMD Radeon HD 6670 2GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 Graphics Card

by the way I want to play games like battlefield 4 and crisis 3 on the high settings if you can recommend anything better please do soClick to expand...

I'd recommend a better graphics card.

If you are on a budget, you probably wouldn't need 16GB memory for gaming just yet. A $60 savings on 2x4GB modules, would go along way in getting a better graphics card. I'd recommend at least Radeon HD 7790 or the newer release Radeon R7 260X.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-good-specs-for-a-gaming-pc.198574/
Relevancy 58.48%

I run a Lenovo laptop and I want to know how good these specs are and what I can do to make my laptop run smoother. I am very noobish when it comes to knowing this stuff but I don't think mine are good. Is there also any good solutions to cheap easy better ways to get better specs? Please I need help.

Specs:
AMD A6 with AMD R4 Graphics
1.80GHz
8gb
64 bit operating system

A:How good are these specs for gaming

TheRandomMan11 said:

I run a Lenovo laptop and I want to know how good these specs are and what I can do to make my laptop run smoother. I am very noobish when it comes to knowing this stuff but I don't think mine are good. Is there also any good solutions to cheap easy better ways to get better specs? Please I need help.

Specs:
AMD A6 with AMD R4 Graphics
1.80GHz
8gb
64 bit operating systemClick to expand...

I would really appreciate also if I could get some explanation on what good and bad specs are

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-good-are-these-specs-for-gaming.218758/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All Im posting my DxDiag specs Recently when i was trying to play Assassins Creed i was having stuttering problems in audio I plan to build this PC as a budget PC for gaming for the next years atleast Could someone suggest what minimalistic enhancements would i require in addition to my below specks to make it a decent gaming PC Ram Video Card etc Thanks in advance ------------------ System Information ------------------ Code Time for Specs Required Help Gaming of this Help Required for Gaming Specs report Machine name LEONG-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Help Required for Gaming Specs win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer INTEL System Help Required for Gaming Specs Model DG ID BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel R G G Express Chipset Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R Series Express Chipset Family DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV E amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name ViewSonic VA wm Series Monitor Model VA wm Monitor Id VSCC Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name igdumdx dll igd umd dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E - D - CF- EB- A C C Vendor ID x Device ID x E SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf Intel Mfg iEGL pci ven amp dev e Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeWMV B ModeWMV C ModeVC B ModeVC C Deinterlace Caps BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech EdgeFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech EdgeFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend BF EF - CC - A-BE B- BD CAEEE F Format In Out YV YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech EdgeFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoP... Read more

A:Help Required for Gaming Specs

I would recommend at least 4GB of RAM (any more than 4GB of RAM you will need a 64bit version of Windows).

Any reasonable Nvidia or ATI graphics card will do.

Although if you're doing this in the next two years I would recommend waiting before you buy because the price of everything will drop and the speed will increase.

Processor wise I'd go for an Intel i5 at the minimum or any other Intel quad core equivalent (you might be able to get away with a mid to high end i3), although the chances are an i5 will be considered slow in a couple of years so buy it nearer the time of building if you have the chance, it'll be cheaper and faster.

I hope this helps.

Oli

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/278481-help-required-gaming-specs.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Would these gaming pc specs be able to run games like DayZ on high settings? Give me suggestions if I should change some parts.

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/YDqjRB

A:Are these good gaming pc specs?

GTX 760 isn't much of a gaming card for a $2000 rig.
Probably should think about getting a gtx 780Ti or R9 290.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-good-gaming-pc-specs.204805/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, I am looking to upgrade my CPU because it is the only thing which make some of my games run like sh*t.

I was wondering which one, and what kind of CPU. I'm not looking for thé best, but for a decent one. If possible a cheap but still an awesome, fast CPU.

My computer :
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits (6.1, build 7600)
- IMEDIA A7077 BE
- Default system BIOS
- 4096 MB Ram
- DirectX version 11
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 (total memory : 2032 MB)
- AMD Phenom(tm) 9100e Quad-Processor (4CPUs), ~ 1.8Ghz

If you need any more information just reply.
Hope you guys help me out so my pc can even go faster .

Grtz, Dopeway

A:Looking for a gaming CPU for my pc (specs included)

Can you find out which motherboard or chipset your system is running. CPU-Z should be able to get this info.

What's your price range for the new CPU?

A possibility:
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ940XCJ4DGI
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103644

You'd need to get a heatsink for the new processor since it's an OEM chip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-gaming-cpu-for-my-pc-specs-included.156409/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everyone, I'm looking at getting my first computer specifically for gaming; but I haven't got much of an idea of what specs I need and what I can get for the amount of money I want to spend.

I'm wanted to spend around £500-£600. I'd want to be able to play new games and ones which will be coming out in the relative future (mmorpgs/fps etc) and games such as skyrim, battlefield, hitman, crysis 3, gta & far cry 3 -which I know require a good graphics card etc. would it make sense getting windows 8 or not?

can anyone give me details as to what specs I need to look for and/or recommend me any computers in the £500-£600 range?

thanks guys

A:Gaming computer specs?

Windows 7 is probably a better choice. It doesnt matter though. This is what I put together: http://goo.gl/fkXSku. Add in the Corsair TX650V2 PSU, I forgot to include it in the cart. The cart is on Amazon by the way. It is a bit over budget, but it will play your games at very high, if not max settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-computer-specs.195228/
Relevancy 58.48%

Okay - I am needing some assistance from anyone that wants to help....
I am about to start building a computer (yep I have experience doing this) but I realized that I would probably use this computer for mostly gaming since I really don't do much else when I have free time and this would be solely for keeping my sanity - which trust me - that is a good thing

Now I play games like Law & Order, Fate, Diablo, Chainz, Mah Jong, Luxor, Zuma...etc. - what specs would you advise me - I don't need anything overly fancy - just it has been awhile since I have been out there and looking around at things.....so I am here throwing myself on your mercy!! - any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 58.48%

CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Cooling Performance (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z97X-SLI ATX w/ Intel GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI, 1 x M.2, 1 x SATA Express, or 6x SATA 6Gb/s (Extreme OC Certified)
NFC: None
Intel Smart Response Technology: None
RAM / System Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 (Maxwell) (Single Card)
Power Supply: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
M.2 SATA SSD: None
INTERNAL PCI-E SSD CARD: None
Hard Drive: 128GB SanDisk SSD + 1TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)
Secondary Hard Drive: None
Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
External Storage: None
USB Flash Drive: None
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

A:Are My Gaming PC's Specs good

What CPU are you going to use? You listed the CPU cooler, but not the CPU itself. I would suggest an Intel i5 4690K, especially considering that you are getting a motherboard that is meant for overclocking and you are getting a liquid cpu cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-my-gaming-pcs-specs-good.212831/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I want to now if with these specs I can run: minecraft ultra, shaders; medieval engineers high-very high; space engineers high-very high; gmod ultra!

specs: motherboard: Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0
gpu : AMD Sapphire Radeon hd 7870 2gb oc.
Wifi
cpu: amd fx 8320 8 coeur black édition 3,5 gh
RAM: 8gb
hard drive: SSD 240 gb corsaire force 3 + 2TB SATA or IDE

thankyou in advance.

A:Are these good gaming specs?

I have the 6670 and minecraft works fine with all gfx turned to max. Not sure on extra shaders but the build looks good to me.

your card much better than mine on futuremark

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-good-gaming-specs.212602/
Relevancy 58.48%

A while ago i got this computer as a gift, and it worked nicely, mostly because i just wanted to play what i had and it was better than the old one. Now though i've got some cash and want to get some games, but first i need to upgrade. Comp's specs

I've already bought new RAM so my next target is a video card. Looking around it appears i use PCIx16 or w/e cards. I'd like something that would last me at least a year or two but it doesn't need to be top of the line. Suggestions on the card choices themselves, and also if i need to do anything else please tell me. *note* wow i must be tired because this reads horribly lol. o well.

Relevancy 58.48%

Old pc died..hubby having one made for me..I play oblivion, skyrim, second life, and will play teh new online elder scrolls when out..im not extreme but like good graphics and smooth play..I was told the ctx 670 windforce 3x was good for all of them but beyond that I am clueless . I am giving the specs to someone else to build, and they are pros, but I dont want to get * over ..so asking the pros thanks for answers..

A:Gaming computer specs

What is your budget for the PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-computer-specs.188517/
Relevancy 58.48%

I was thinking about buying a LCD monitor but I heard that they arent as great for gaming as CRTs because of refresh rates and clearness. Still my bulky CRT needs to go so i was just wondering wat kind of refresh rates i want and contrast ratio and so on. I use my comp for gaming with games such as CS:S, BF2, AOEIII, and Oblivion as well as for casual use such as web browsing typing up word documents ect. Please help.

A:What specs for gaming monitor?

How much can you spend?
Remember the basic rule: You get what you pay for

There are some great LCD´s on the market, but if you want very good image quality, and no ghosting, you have to pay for that. Also, to get the best image quality, you should use the LCD at its native resolution. Of course you can use it at other resolutions, but the image quality won´t be the best.
Unfortunately, if you want a big monitor (17" or 19") and want to use the native resolution, you need a powerful computer to run the games smoothly at those high resolutions.

If you, like me, don´t have a cutting edge machine, look for a 15" LCD. Its native resolution its 1024x768. That should tax too much your machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-specs-for-gaming-monitor.51177/
Relevancy 58.48%

APU: AMD A8-7650k 3.80 GHZ w/ intergrated Radeon R7 Graphics
Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A88X-D3H A88X ATX W/ ultra durable 4 plus, on/off charge, GbLAN, 2 PCle x16, 3 PCle x1, 2 PCI
Video Card:Nvidia Geforce Gt730 2GB
Powersupply: 600 watts
Harddrive: 1 TB

This is my first gaming build that my parents are getting me for my birthday. Will it be good for gaming. I'm not going to run on ultra maybe medium with some low settings. Thanks guys

A:Are these good gaming specs?

Can you list some of the games that you might be playing with this computer?
How much RAM (memory - not storage) will the computer have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-good-gaming-specs.211277/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hard Drive Capacity: 1TB Model: Savage8
Operating System: Windows
MPN: SAV8 1017 B-KMMH Monitor Keyboard Mouse Headset
Operating System Edition: Windows 7
Graphics Processing Type: Integrated/On-Board Graphics Processor Type: AMD A-Series 7650K
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 Series Processor Speed: 4.2GHz Overclocked
Processor Cores: Quad Core Memory: 8GB
Memory Speed: 1600MHz

A:Budget Gaming PC specs, What games could it run

Can I just clarify that that's an AMD 7650K APU, with 8GB RAM?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-gaming-pc-specs-what-games-could-it-run.217329/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, I currently play a PC game called World of Tanks, aswell as many other little games such as TF2, Minecraft, etc.

I'm not able to run WoT smoothly, and I have most of the graphics settings down. I'd like to play on high-max settings on most games.

Here are my specs: (I don't know much about computers so I'm posting everything)
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Lenovo Ideacentree K330A
- Intel(R) Core(TM) is-2100 CPU @ 3.10 GHz (4 CPU's)
- 8192 MB RAM
- Direct X11
- ATI Radeon HD 5450 Graphics card

Which should I upgrade first to get better FPS in games? Thank you, and if you need additional information, please ask.

A:Are my PC specs good for gaming? What to improve?

The CPU and memory are fine. The only thing to upgrade would be your GPU. You might also have to get yourself a decent power supply to be able to run the GPU. What's the power rating of your current PSU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-my-pc-specs-good-for-gaming-what-to-improve.170959/
Relevancy 58.05%

Could for and these Would good stable? be gaming specs I play Rift and DC Universe Online with this setup and would anything Would these specs be good for gaming and stable? of these parts conflict Computer Would these specs be good for gaming and stable? Specs from cyberpowerpc CPU Intel Core i - GHz M Intel Smart Cache LGA Extreme OC Extreme Overclock or more Cooling Fan XtremeGear Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Enhanced Cooling Performance Extreme Silent at dBA Motherboard -Way SLI Support MSI X A-GD Intel X Chipset SLI CrossFireX Triple-Channel DDR ATX Mainboard w Audio eSATA GbLAN USB SATA-III RAID IEEE a Gen PCIe PCIe X amp PCI All Venom OC Certified Memory GB GBx DDR MHz Triple Channel Memory Module Corsair or Major Brand Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX GB X PCIe Video Card Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA Hard Drive TB SATA-II Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD Single Hard Drive Power Supply Watts - XtremeGear Power Supply - SLI CrossFireX Ready it says and w power supply is recommended but should i go a little higher just incase Should I get a hard drive cooling fan Also is just video card enough Thank you and sorry for the multiple noob questions I m just starting to learn computers nbsp

A:Would these specs be good for gaming and stable?

I suppose that would depend on what resolution you will be gaming at. I would pick a better quality power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/would-these-specs-be-good-for-gaming-and-stable.161386/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I'm new to this but I've been looking at a cheap gaming PC and I found one for about £500, I need to know if these specs are good to run games like bf3 and skyrim at good settings.

AMD FX-4130 3.8GHz Quad Core Processor

8GB ram

500GB hard drive storage space

Nvidia GTX 650 1GB Graphics card

Asus M5A78L-M LX V2 motherboard

DVD-RW

500w PSU

I can't really pay much for my PC but is this okay for the amount I'm paying and can you please suggest any upgrades that are affordable also what system settings can I run on games like bf3.

Thank you for the help

A:Are these good specs for a cheap gaming PC?

That build will struggle with BF3. This is a better $750 USD build:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-good-specs-for-a-cheap-gaming-pc.194648/
Relevancy 58.05%

Im thinking about building my own gaming compter. for games like warthunder,minecraft,and other random online games. I want to know what would be some good specs for a gaming computer?

A:Good specs for a new gaming computer

Well, those games will not require anything hard core in terms of specs. But, to answer your question, it all depends on the particular games you play and, at what resolution you like to play at. So, no-one will be able to give you a one size fits all gaming spec. But, here is what I'd look for:
Quad Core CPU, 4GB RAM,Dedicated GPU and 7200rpm HDD.

You will need to provide us with the following if you want us to recommend specific parts.

Budget

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-specs-for-a-new-gaming-computer.190676/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys,

I'm seriously contemplating buying this computer I built off a website named www.mwave.com.au but I need to know what you guys think. The total cost is $1,344.41 with an extra 26$ for home delivery + next day shipping.

Specs:
• Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced

• Intel Core i7 2600 Processor

• Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2P-B3 - B3 Stepping - Micro ATX

• G.Skill Ripjaws-X 8GB(2x 4GB) Memory Kit

• XFX Radeon HD 6870 - 1024MB 256-bit DDR5 RAM

• Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 - 500GB

• LG 22x DVD Burner

• Cooler Master GX Series 750W Power Supply

• Cooler Master 120mm Silent Fan - RED

• Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - SP1 - 64-Bit

• United Electrical Onsite for 1 Year Warranty - Up to $3,000

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello pc builders, I'd like to ask for some advice on building a gaming pc. I've picked out some parts that I think are good, but I do not know that much about custom building computers and what parts are most suitable for gaming.
I'm trying to keep the price limit at $1000 USD. Here are the parts that I've picked out.
CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
HDD: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Case (probs doesn't matter) Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case

Thank you

A:Are These Specs Good for a Gaming PC? (First Build Ever)

Looks like a nice build to me

I would drop the cpu down to this
https://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i54440

and upgrade the gpu to this
https://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-100364l

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-specs-good-for-a-gaming-pc-first-build-ever.212847/
Relevancy 58.05%

My first time building! some things have not yet been picked, so I want your opinion on the things I have in mind, and the ones I can't decide over...

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
Processor: AMD FX-8350
Graphics card: Sapphire r9 280
RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 2x 4GB
power supply: Corsair CX750
Optical Drive: lg bh16ns40 multi blue

Do I seriously need an sdd drive?
also any cases that might suit my build or anything I might not need or DO need?
thanks- M

A:Good specs for gaming PC? First time

Did you already purchase the items above or is that what you have in mind for purchasing? What is your overall budget for your Gaming PC? What types of games are you going to be playing on this PC? The AMD FX-8350 is a good CPU, but if you want any kind of future proofing, I would suggest getting an Intel. If you let us know how much you can spend, we can help you build one that will be better for future games.
Also, no you do not need a SSD (Solid State Drive), but it will make boot times and load times faster. My suggestion with that, is purchase a smaller SSD (120GB maybe) for your operating system and also purchase a larger (1TB+) Hard Drive for everything else (applications, storage, etc).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-specs-for-gaming-pc-first-time.210626/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am building a computer for my nephew--he plays mid-range games--nothing high end and am doing it on a budget--this setup is $631 before tax and shipping. Any suggestions? Comments?

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...osition=HISTORY&ID=1751078&WishListTitle=Jeff

ASPIRE X-Dreamer II ATXB4KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply - Retail
Model #: ATXB4KLW-BK/420W -54.99

ASUS A8N-E Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail - 109.99

Update eVGA 128-P2-N368-TX Geforce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - 149.99

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3200BPBOX - 152.00

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) - 73.80

Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - 52.76

NEC Silver IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3540A - OEM - $38.99

Total $631.53

Relevancy 57.62%

I've recently found a laptop that I can buy near me, but I would like to know how well it can do with demanding games as of now. Low to medium resolutions are fine to me, I don't really pay attention to quality of the screen. Specs: Intel Core i7-6500 with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.5Ghz, Upto 3.1 GHz, 4MB Cache, 2 Cores) 8GB DDR3L SDRAM (1x8GB) 256GB m.2 SSD NVIDIA Geforce GTX 950M (4GB DDR3L Dedicated Video Memory) 15.6" diagonal FullHD anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920x1080) HP Truevision HD Webcam (front Facing) with Integrated digital microphone Bang & Olufsen with 4 Speakers and 1 subwoofer Audio Island-style backlit keyboard with integrated numeric keypad HP Imagepad with multi-touch gestures support Intel 802.11a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0 combo Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN 1 multi-format SD media card reader 4 USB 3.0, 1 HDMI, 1 RJ45, 1 Headphone/microphone combo jack 3-cell, 55.5Wh Li-ion Prismatic Battery type 90 W AC Power adapter Windows 10 Pro 

http://www.jobz.pk

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Envy-15-Are-these-specs-good-for-moderate-gaming/td-p/5786139
Relevancy 57.62%

I m basically a computer noob I know more then the average person but i m not a tech wiz From what i ve gathered when looking for a gaming computer I should look at Ghz RAM processor cores and the strength of the video card I ve been wanting to Wondering be if will specs alright these for new a computer? gaming buy a really good gaming PC for a while now and I think i ve find one but i m not sure After reading a lot more Wondering if these specs will be alright for a new gaming computer? into it though I started seeing things that made me unsure quot Wait L Cache is more important that Ghz Intel Core Wondering if these specs will be alright for a new gaming computer? Duo is the way to go Alienware is overrated quot Essentially after browsing this site I found myself with more questions than answers So I made an account and decided to just ask will these specs be ok and by quot ok quot I mean very good for a modern day gaming computer Processor Type - AMD Phenom II T Processor Speed - GHz Processor Cores - RAM GB - x GB PC - DDR SDRAM Expandable to GB Hard Drive Capacity - TB Hard Drive Speed Revolutions Per Minute - RPM Optical Drives - SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology Graphics - AMD Radeon HD Pre-loaded Operating System - Windows Home Premium -Bit nbsp

A:Wondering if these specs will be alright for a new gaming computer?

Firstly, hello and welcome to TechSpot.

Your pretty much spot on with your thoughts regarding gaming computers - Though with the CPUs you need to consider the number of cores (and threads), and the clock speed.

The AMD Phenom 1055T is an outstanding CPU for overclocking, though its unlikely you'll realistically find games able to use all 6 cores - That said, more is better as far as I am concerned.

That said, I don't like the hard disk. For a gaming computer you need to be having a 7,200RPM speed hard disk, or a SSD. You could also probably get a better GPU for the same money as well.

Your best bet to be honest, is to let us know where your from, and your total budget, along with what you need (e.g. do you need a display, keyboard and mouse as well?) and we can then "build" you something thats perfect as a gaming computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-if-these-specs-will-be-alright-for-a-new-gaming-computer.161420/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello everyone I am graduating with my B S this Friday and my parents asked me what I wanted for a graduation present and jokingly I said a new computer and they went for it So now I m in a pickle of sorts cause I do want one The one I am using now is about years old it is running ok but obviously is becoming quite inferior This computer was custom built with my friend s help so was pretty good at the time it was made Now I am about to engage heavily into computer gaming with SW The Old Republic coming out and will probably also play Diablo when that is released so I am hoping to get a computer which can handle these games on the highest settings That being said however my dad is pretty firm about getting a computer from Best Buy or some type of retail seller IIRC this is frowned upon by most computer experts or at least for those who build their own Can I get your advice as to good models for the kind of gaming I will be doing Or at least the minimum specs I should be looking at or things brands to avoid when picking one out I was really hoping Specs retail computer? gaming for good a to get something relatively top-of-the-line but I don t think the budget could exceed K nbsp

A:Specs for a good gaming retail computer?

Best Buy do sell computer components so you're not limited to buying a prebuilt (ugh).

No Best Buy in my country, but a quick look at the site shows you can build a pretty good system for that budget. Bear in mind you could save around $500-600 by going with a more basic setup:
Intel 2500K CPU+ Gigabyte Z68 motherboard + 8GB RAM $649
Power supply: Corsair TX650M $100
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (OEM) $110
Chassis : Corsair Carbide 500R $122. You can save ~$40-60 by going with a more basic case.
Hard drive: WD Cav Black 1TB $150 (Prices are obscenely high at the moment)
HP DVD rewriter $30
Basic component cost (so far) : $1141
Now...
Graphics card. If you aren't planning on upgrading again in the short/medium term, then I'd suggest spending enough to see you through the current and upcoming game releases.
XFX HD 6950 1GB $243.

Monitor...Your choices are a cheaper TN+film panel, or a more expensive IPS panel which offers better color range (gamut) but may have higher latency (detectable ghosting with fast motion).
HP's 2511x (25", 1980x1080) is a very nice TN based LED panel ($230) or
HP's ZR24W (24", 1980x1200) is a very nice IPS based panel ($405)

Total: $1634 or $1809

Peripherals, if you don't already have them:
Mouse : Razer DeathAdder 3500 ($60) -Highly recommended. I use one myself- very nice ergonomics and fully featured.
Keyboard: Razer Arctosa ($50)
Mouse pad : Razer gaming pad ($15)
CPU cooler...
If you are planning on NOT overclocking then the boxed Intel heatsink will work fine...However, if you are planning an overclocking adventure (the 2500K is usually good for 4.7+ GHz in daily operation) then I'd suggest an aftermarket cooler:
A mild or medium overclock - mid-priced air cooler such as the Corsair A70 ($38), a medium-high (say 4-4.3GHz) oc needs a good air cooler such as the CoolerMaster V6GT ($51), while a 4.6 or more I'd recommend either a very good air cooler (none on the Best Buy site that I could find), or the Corsair H100 all-in-one water cooler ($110).

You'll need to make some compromises along the way- especially if you are paying for someone (Geek Squad) to put the system together - wasted money IMO. There's enough online help and guides to allow you to put the system together easily- although your father might have other ideas on the subject. Decide what you need, and what you don't, and whether you would be happy with a gaming orientated TN monitor, or would prefer the better colour reproduction that the IPS provides. Your best bet here would be to see both types in the flesh- so a reconaissance to your local computer shop could well be in order.
Juggling the options around should keep you within budget. If you need/want a speaker sytem, gaming headset, webcam etc. you will need to make further compromises...or add some funds towards your folks nice offer.

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specs-for-a-good-gaming-retail-computer.174704/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, We are working on an open-source game-engine and we need to find a good balance between engine features and compatibility with available hardware that it is being used widely by Linux users. Please help us by joining this cause :

http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/521555

Best Regards, Siavash.

A:Linux gaming hardware specs survey

Might be a poor representative sample here at techspot, maybe not who knows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linux-gaming-hardware-specs-survey.164104/
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm swapping my xbox for gaming PC and was wondering if these specs where decent enough to run games like arma 3 and battlefield or like dayz ?

And if it's worth swapping xbox one for it

A:Are these pc specs good enough for a starter pc and to swap an xbox one for this gaming pc

No, it is an LGA775 platform. It is old and outdated. For Intel look for a LGA1155 platform or better yet the latest LGA1150 platform. I wouldn't even look at LGA1156, which is the platform between LGA775 and LGA1155. Save yourself a headache and only look at the last two CPU socket platforms.

If you already have the platform, there is still life in it. However I wouldn't advise buying into the platform at any price, especially for a gaming rig.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-pc-specs-good-enough-for-a-starter-pc-and-to-swap-an-xbox-one-for-this-gaming-pc.211011/
Relevancy 49.88%

OS Name Microsoft? Windows Vista? Home Basic
Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name TOSHIBA-PC
System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
System Model Satellite M200
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T2450 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD 1.40, 8/7/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale Republic of the Philippines
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
User Name toshiba-PC\Superman
Time Zone Malay Peninsula Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 0.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 123 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.24 GB
Available Virtual Memory 805 MB
Page File Space 1.28 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

is it good or bad?

A:is this the specs of my laptop?

This is the sytem spec(Attachment), if you click UserCP, you can fill out your system specs.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/238728-specs-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I need to buy a computer for college, so it should last me about 4 years. I'll mainly just be using office, browsing the web, listening to music, and watching movies every once in a while. I'm going into computer and electrical engineering, so I should be able to use some programming apps.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10192008

Is this computer adequate?

Is AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core unreliable/outdated?

Also, should I go for 32 bit or 64 bit Vista?
is 3GB of DDR2 system memory enough to run Vista smoothly?

Thanks you VERY much for any answers!!

Relevancy 49.88%

AMD ACER ASPIRE NOTEBOOK Operating System Linux Platform AMD Turion Mk Processor GHz x Kb L Cache Supporting AMD PowerNow amp Technology And AMD HyperTransport Technology Chipset ATI Radeon Xpress System Memory Mb Of DDR MHz Memory Upgradeable To Gb Using Two Sodimm Modules Dual-channel Support Display say specs u LAPTOP this on What can of the in WXGA Acer Crystalbrite TFT LCD X Pixel Resolution Graphics ATI Radeon Xpress Integrated D Graphics with up to Mb Of Shared System Memory ATI Dualview Support Million Colors Mpeg- DVD Hardware-assisted Capability S-video Tv-out Audio High-definition Audio Support Storage Gb Hard Disk Drive -in- Card Reader What can u say on the specs of this LAPTOP Supporting Secure Digital Sd Multimediacard MMC Memory Stick MS Memory Stick Pro MS Pro Xd-picture Card XD Optical Media Drive x DVD-super Multi Double-layer Drive Communication WLAN Acer Invilink b G Wi-fi Certified Solution Supporting Acer Signalup Wireless Technology Lan Fast Ethernet Wake-on-lan Ready Modem Kb Itu V With Ptt Approval Wake-on-ring Ready Profile Size And Weight W X D X H Mm X X Inches Kgs Lbs Power Acpi Cpu Power Management Standard Supports Standby And Hibernation Power-saving Modes Battery W Mah Li-ion Battery -cell -hour Battery Life -pin W Ac Adapter Special Keys And Controls - -key Keyboard Inverted T Cursor Layout Mm Minimum Key Travel Touchpad With -way Scroll Button Function Keys Four Media Keys Play Pause Stop Previous Next Four Cursor Keys Two Windows Keys Hotkey Controls Embedded Numeric Keypad International Language Support Four Easy-launch Buttons Empowering Key Internet Email User-programmable Two Front-access Communication Led Switches Wlan Bluetooth I O Ports Pc Card Slot Type Li Three Usb Ports VGA Port S-video Tv-out Ntsc Pal Port Headphones Speaker Line-out Jack With S Pdif Support Microphone-in Jack Line-in Jack Ethernet Rj- Port Modem Rj- Port Dc-in Jack For Ac Adapter is it good for gaming D and for photoshop nbsp

A:What can u say on the specs of this LAPTOP

For photoshop and basic everyday things like e-mail,spreadsheets,surfing the web,etc. it is more than enough. For gaming 3D, you are better off with a dual core with a dedicated graphics card. AMD Turion 64X2 or Intel C2D with ATI or Nvidia dedicated GPU and possibly a 7200rpm hard drive. Asus laptops are geared more toward gamers as are the Acer Ferrari series laptops. Alienware would be the best but are very expensive. Serious gaming is best done on quad core desktops since gaming laptop produce so much heat. I'm also not familiar with gaming on Linux. Gaming is best done on Windows XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-can-u-say-on-the-specs-of-this-laptop.778046/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am a non geek so the specs I see are in geek language could someone tell me what I need in order to do the following I use to I Need buy Specs Laptop, a want Skype constantly and hate having to plugin a head set unless I am in a public place I travel a lot so lighter is better I might even consider one of the smaller computers as well as bigger laptop that can act more like a desktop I play and make I want to buy a Laptop, Need Specs videos I run lots of software programs simultaneously I like listening ot music while I browse I want my computer to be able to act like my TV and I want to buy a Laptop, Need Specs DVD player Overheating is a big concern So what are the specs I need I think as a manufacturer I am going to look for a Toshiba or ASUS if I am satisfied I can get the Asus serviced I might even consider a MAC although my last MAC was horrible and I had new fans one new battery and one new hard drive before I gave up and used it for nothing but Skype All help appreciated Take care BoomerMary nbsp

A:I want to buy a Laptop, Need Specs

we need to know you max budget and country you are in
a lot of machines come with webcam and mic integrated - so that would solve the skype issue
a lot of the small light machines do NOT have a DVD included - so that means taken more equipment around - there a couple of exceptions, I looked at a toshiba and samsung yesterday - 1.92 Kg
I play and make videos, I run lots of software programs simultaneously,Click to expand...

I would suggest you need a good CPU and a machine with 4GBs of memory
now you will pay a lot more for the CPU _ hence the need to know budget

A lot of machines have HDMI output now -even the cheap range - so that should connect to a HD TV - what connections do you have on the TV

I purchased quite a good machine on Wednesday - HP Q62 series - i3 processor, 4gb memory HDMI for less that £400 in UK (on special offer at Staples)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-buy-a-laptop-need-specs.942565/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi guys, i have a laptop toshiba m200 satellite and i dont know the specs of it, can anyone tell me how to know the specs of my laptop... tnx

A:how to know the specs of a laptop

Originally Posted by juanputik

hi guys, i have a laptop toshiba m200 satellite and i dont know the specs of it, can anyone tell me how to know the specs of my laptop... tnx

Hi juanputik, click on startmenu,> all programs > accesories > system tools & click on system information. Or try this handy tool developed by one of our members
http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...info-tool.html

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/238722-how-know-specs-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello guys, my mom is planning to buy a laptop for me. Can you suggest what is the best specs that is capable for programming, gaming and high end software for video and image editing? Thank you and God bless.

A:laptop specs

does she have a budget
This will be quite expensive
What sort of gaming

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-specs.1167274/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, just wondering if anyone could advise if the following combo is any good for games on a laptop, just to play in med detail of course. Will it run games like dragon age origins and Rift?

Intel i5 480m, Nvidia Geforce GT 420M, 4g DDR3, it is a dell xps

i have a desktop which has an ati radeon hd 4670, amd phenom II x 4 955 and 4g ddr2, will i get similar or worse performance?

Did a bit of searching but not quite sure about all the stats.

Any advise greatly apprecated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-laptop-specs-please.173315/
Relevancy 49.88%

Someone has posted these specs on a laptop he has for sale:

Dell Inspiron 5160, Pentium 4, CPU 3.06 GHz, 1.83 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

What does he mean by "CPU 3.06 GHz, 1.83 GHz"

Is it 3.06 GHz or 1.83 GHz? Which is it?

Relevancy 49.88%

I have a laptop and need to know as much about it (specifications) as possible. Is there a program I can download and install that would give me this information?

All I know at this point is it's an:
HP
Windows 8
AMD A8-4500MAPU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.90 GHz
Memory/RAM - 6.00 GB (5.47 GB usable)
Product ID: 00179-60282-92509-AAOEM

Also need to know the maximum ram I can install? This computer is running very slow with nothing running at startup, Windows Updates are up-to-date. Nothing but the applications that came with it when it was new which are very basic ones are on the computer. The hard drive is virtually empty, and I did a restore to factory settings not long ago (month ago).

Anti-virus program (Norton 360) shows no viruses, SuperAntiSpyware shows no problems, Malwarebytes shows no malware. Temp folder emptied using &temp&, Internet cache empty, no defrag is suggested to be needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-specs-on-my-laptop.1158232/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I'm going to buy a laptop for webbing, work, streaming movies but mostly gaming. I am wondering if it can run league of legends with constant 60fps without shadows but high resolution or minecraft with 100fps+ and maybe bo2 with smooth gameplay. The laptop is a Hp envy Intel i7 8gbs ram and gtx 850m with 4gb ram, here is full info http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnl...n_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_9#page_loaded

A:Laptop specs

Laptops are lousy gaming machines due the absence of a decent GPU.
I use my Dell (see profile for specs) for web development all the time and have
Apache, PHP, Perl, MySQL for local testing - - really cool!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-specs.212625/
Relevancy 49.88%

Dear All lenovo men I need to know the exact full specs of this laptop ??specially about processor and graphic card and also its price in middle east ??I searched all the internet to find exact specs and i found some general information which didnot saticfy me.and i want to know about its warranty. It is bought from saudi arabia and his owner try to sell it to me here in egypt so deos its waranty going in egypt ???Here is  the label down the laptop ?   Thanks & Best Regards,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/I-need-to-know-laptop-specs/td-p/3430799
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys,

I wanted to know what are the specifications I should really focus on when I want to buy a laptop ( What's good, what's bad ..etc ).

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 49.45%

Well here we go again another day My some specs advice laptop Could please have I of on this PC engineer has come up with three new laptops two with touch screens and only one with no touch Here are the details of the one that he is offered me for a good price Could I please have some advice on the specs of this laptop Please Many Thanks Acer Aspire E series Processor Intel Core i - U Dual Core GHz Intel Turbo Boost up to GHz Screen quot x HD Resolution Operating System Microsoft Windows -bit RAM GB DDR Hard Drive GB Optical Drive Could I please have some advice on specs of this laptop DVD Rewriter Records DVDs x amp CDs x amp Dual Layer Super Multi Graphics Integrated Intel HD Graphics Wireless Could I please have some advice on specs of this laptop LAN Wireless b g n Wireless Network Card Gigabit Fast Ethernet Integrated Webcam Integrated Webcam with Microphone Card Reader -in- card reader SD SDHC MMC USB Ports x USB x USB Bluetooth Bluetooth Speakers Integrated Sound Could I please have some advice on specs of this laptop System VGA Port External VGA Port Kensington Lock Kensington lock slot Charge Time Hours HDMI Port x HDMI Port Warranty Months Acer Collect amp Return Battery Life - Hours up to hours with power management Weight - Kg This Model Kg Thank You

A:Could I please have some advice on specs of this laptop

This looks like a nice laptop if you do not mind having a low resolution.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49829-could-i-please-have-some-advice-specs-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys I've just bought a HP 6735s Laptop,it has 1gig Ram,AMD Sempron SI-40 2GHz Processor,160HDD & Vista Basic.I Believe the mobo is a HP 30E4 KBC Version 94.1B? not sure and was wondering the limitations on upgrading? Also has a ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics Card,is it any good? cheerz

A:HP 6735s laptop specs

Hi Jaffa,

It depends what you want to upgrade.

Is this your lappy?
HP Compaq 6735s Notebook PC specifications - HP Small & Medium Business products

Realistically the only upgrades worth considering would be a bigger HD and some more RAM. Going to 2GB at least would make it feel a bit more snappier.

As for the 3200, it depends what you want to do with it. If it's for games, then unfortunately no, it's not much chop in that department.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218549-hp-6735s-laptop-specs.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I just got a new laptop as a present for my birthday it on Low specs recommended WoW fps laptop s a gh dual core with crappy m graphics and gb ram I went to system requirements lab and made sure I could run WoW on it I passed the recommended settings but it runns horribly on this computer I m not looking for fps Low WoW fps on recommended specs laptop max settings here I just want to to run well Low WoW fps on recommended specs laptop on the low of the low I currently have all settings on low and am getting fps with defender on I don t see how a laptop that passes recommended system specs is only getting fps on all low settings I ve updated drivers since I ve gotten it and the only thing that seemed to increase performance was disabling Defender Is there anythign else I can do to increase performace Beacause I think my system should be handling the game a little bit better I just want to get near fps on all low settings My dad had a or so year old laptop that would run WoW pretty well on and this laptop isn t getting anywhere I found a problem when messing around with the game some more When I go to windowed mode this happens http i photobucket com albums oo Foe wowproblem jpg Could there be a hardware problem perhaps Or is this just a software glitch I ve updated all of my drivers nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi everyone I m looking to get a laptop sometime in the near future as a portable supplement to my desktop system In looking through the specs I m finding that I ve gotten somewhat out of touch with the way processor speeds are measured Back when I was your age I sound like an old man on a ti raid you could tell how fast a processor was by it s clock speed or model number AMD s were etc Intel s were etc You got the fastest processor you could afford by picking the highest number you could afford Now it s gotten really confusing with bit processors dual cores quad cores and slower clock speeds are Processor Specs Laptop faster than higher ones sometimes And I m sure half of it is just marketing and buzzwords Basically my desktop machine has an AMD Athlon tm Processor GB RAM x and I m running a bit operating system I would like for my new laptop to be able to match or exceed my desktops speed but have no idea how that translates into modern processor speeds though If someone could explain this that would be helpful Or if someone knows of a great laptop deal etc and wants to share Basically I m looking for or inch good resolution No bundled commercial operating system Less than Not ugly I build my own desktops and am not opposed to building my own laptop if there s an advantage to it Thanks Nick nbsp

A:Laptop Processor Specs

Is this good for $1,443, w/ free shipping?:

Processor: Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4 GHz 800 MHz FSB 4 MB L2
Ram: 2 GB - 2 x 1 GB DDR2 667 MHZ
HD: 120 GB 7200 RPM SATA
Display: 15.4" Widescreen WXGA+ (1440 x 900)
Graphics: nVidia 512 MB GeForce 8600M GT
Audio Output: Realtek ALC 268
Networking: Ethernet (LAN), WiFi
Wireless: 802.11 agn
Expansion: Express Card
Ports: VGA, 4x USB 2.0, MIC-In, Headphone Out, FireWire 1394, S-Video
Camera: Built-In Webcam
Card Reader: 3 in 1 Card Reader
Battery: 9 Cell Lithium Ion
Battery Life: 3 hours
Dimensions: 14.20" x 10.43" x 1.74" (WxDxH)
Weight: 5.9 lbs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-processor-specs.675356/
Relevancy 49.45%

hey guys. so im not too sure on what my detailed specs of my laptop are. is there any program that you can run that will tell you every spec of your laptop? thanks

A:Detailed Specs for laptop

Yes, do a Google search for Everest, download the free version and run it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/detailed-specs-for-laptop.81765/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi. I'm looking into buying a used laptop on ebay. What i need/want it for is to be able to do media and for it to run quicken. For more specific reasons on the media stand point; is to run internet explorer, iTunes, and perfect world international. (mmorpg) Which processor should i choose? I want it to run fast but i'm a lil short on cash. My budget is $0- $400. If i can get it cheaper great if not...I don't know HELP!

Relevancy 49.45%

Greattings, the question is about my new laptop is the laptop good for video editing and for entertainment purpose because im not good with computer's components and any other stuff, so here are the laptops specifications:
Acer Aspire E5-573G
Processor generation - Broadwell (Intel)
CPU:Intel Core? i5-5200U Processor 2.2 GHz - 2,7 GHz Turbo
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 - 1600 MHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 940M - 4 GB DDR3
HHD: 1000GB - 1TB 5400 spin./min
give me any suggestion how i could improve it or what kind of other laptops i should use from all of the above mentioned and thank you for viewing this. :)

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/help-suggestions-about-laptops-specs-4600100/
Relevancy 49.02%

As my post says I need the specs of both drives, paticularly the type of termination (active, etc). (I am definately NOT a SCSI savvy person)

Heres my problem I have a proprietary graphics computer that uses standard SCSI hard drives up to about 340mb for saving images. It is compatible with most Quantum LPS/Prodrive and Conner drives, especially the 120mb and 270mb versions.
Anyway I got a large number of IBM WDS3160's due to the lack of the latter and they do not work properly.

With the ibm drives I have problems with line noise and detection.

What is the difference (electronically) between an IBM WDS-3160 and a Conner 30100 drive? Is there any way I can get the IBM drive to function similarly to a Conner 30100?

Please note that I am only using one drive in the system.

Thanx for any help

A:Need IBM WDS-3160 specs and Conner cp30100 specs major trouble

I believe I've found a difference between the two drives, it seems that the conner unit automatically enables SCSI parity and the ibm drive makes no mention of it.
Do any of you think this could be the issue? If so how would I enable parity on the ibm drive?

Thanx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-ibm-wds-3160-specs-and-conner-cp30100-specs-major-trouble.116852/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, i'm new here hope you can help me with my query.. Thanks

I have a lenovo g570 essential series and its almost an 4years old. It has 2 gb ram. I use it only for making word documents and browsing. It lags frequently and the chrome browser often says not responding. Is that legit? What are some of the ways to ensure maximum performance? ( i already have avast anti virus, ran ccleaner several times, and cleared cache)

thanks in advance..

A:laptop lags a lot although specs are decent enough.

Its the 2Gb ram thats killing it, thats the bare minimum for W7 Ultimate.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/392540-laptop-lags-lot-although-specs-decent-enough.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Sir I hav bought new Dell Inspiron N5520 core i7 8gb ram 1gb internal(Intel) and 1gb external(AMD) graphics card , 1 TB HDD
With this specs my my system is slow?
I've installed oracle Xe Database,other oracle ADF software's and Jdevelopr 11g
please tell me when i had not use these software , why my computer is still slow?
including boot time

A:My hi specs dell laptop is too slow

When you purchased the laptop, did you erase all the bloatware that usually comes along with it? You can look into optimizing the laptop by getting rid of services and processes you don't need and you can think about purchasing a SSD for a real speed increase in read/write. This forum has great guides that can help you optimize your laptop, you can take a look at them here : Tutorials - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/287017-my-hi-specs-dell-laptop-too-slow.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello First thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer me I am a recent high school graduate and as a graduation gift my grandparents are going to buy me a new laptop My grandpa was Buying Specs. with Help Laptop New Custom Please a former employee Buying New Laptop with Custom Specs. Please Help of Hewlett Packard and he gets a significant discount from buying HP so the laptop must be an HP Also the price limit is He is going to have it custom-made Buying New Laptop with Custom Specs. Please Help by the HP people according to certain specifications I want need Can you please help me decide what specifications are best I don t know what much of the information about computers means and I want to make an informed decision about what is best with help Buying New Laptop with Custom Specs. Please Help from experts Some of the things I deem neccessary are as follows Windows WebCam At least GB of memory I will likely need more based on my major Wireless Internet capability Microsoft Office I know there s a lot more to computers than this I just don t know what is deemed acceptable in terms of the specifications or what is considered the minimum one should have in terms of these specs Please give me a list of specifications I should have for my new computer followed by a short description reason why that is neccessary Any help you can give me is very much appreciated even if you only have one recommendation I welcome it as it is much more than I know myself Thank you again for your help nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

First, what 'types' of hard drives are there? Yes, I really don't know what I'm asking, but every time I read a laptop review, there's either a Serial ATA, HDD, or just normal ATA. What's the difference between them? I've noticed that most laptops have SATA; is it the norm for laptops?

Second, what Intel processors can be used in laptops? I know that the Core family is obviously used, but what about the Celeron? I've never seen any Celeron processors in laptops. Would Celerons be better performance and efficiency-wise?

Third, if a laptop has a NVIDIA graphics card, is that good? I read somewhere that if a NVIDIA graphics card is in a laptop, that's good enough for a frequent gamer even if it's the worst NVIDIA card. A side-question: what's the least best ATI card needed for a frequent gamer?

A:Quick questions on laptop specs

SATA is the standard used in both desktops and laptops nowadays. Faster than ATA. HDD just stands for Hard Disk Drive.

Intel Core 2s are pretty much the best laptop CPUs. Celerons are old and quite crappy.

Hmm. Depends on the games you're going to play. The crappiest NVIDIAs and Atis are both enough for very light gaming, but you'd need to look for Nvidia 8xxx series or GT1xx series and Radeon 3xxx, preferably better for something you could actually call 3D gaming enjoyably.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quick-questions-on-laptop-specs.844368/
Relevancy 49.02%

Engineering laptop for my wife in graduate school. Run about $2500 for everything , I really dont know but is this a good laptop for her and would anyone have any other suggestions about going about building one? Looking for longevity, reliability, speed, price is not an option.

Toshiba Laptop
Satellite P100-ST7211 -
Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2400 (1.83GHz; 2MB L2 Cache; 667MHz FSB), Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition, Sunlight Copper, 1024MB PC5300 DDR2 667MHz SDRAM (512MBx2), 17" Widescreen SXGA+ TruBrite™ display (1680x1050), NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7600 with 128MB discrete graphics memory, 100GB HDD (5400rpm, Serial-ATA), DVD SuperMulti drive (+/-R Double Layer), Intel® PRO/Wireless LAN 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g), Bluetooth® (v.2.0) + EDR, Li-Ion Battery (9-Cell),

Toshiba 4-Year SystemGuard + 2nd/3rd/4th Year Extended Service Plan

Toshiba 512MB USB High-Speed Flash Drive

NETGEAR. 802.11g Cable/DSL Wireless Router

Toshiba USB Mini Optical Scroller Mouse with Retractable Cord

Targus Retractable Network ISDN Cord

Garmin GPS 18 USB Package

A:Laptop built - plz comment on specs

"Building" one is not an option, in the context of buiding a desktop.

All laptop parts are usually proprietary to the maker, there is no such thing as a "generic" laptop motherboard, case etc.

Hence buying a branded one, but perhaps exercising what customisable options within any model is about as far as you can go.

My advice is, find the lightest you can get with acceptable speed. After lugging it around all day, you will soon see what I mean.

The laptop you suggest seems a bit heavy for me, but the price goes up as the weight goes down .... The weight suggests its more of a "desktop replacement" than a very portable laptop. I would be aiming for something under 5 lbs, but perhaps I am a wimp...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-built-plz-comment-on-specs.495929/
Relevancy 49.02%

I had a free old Dell Inspiron 1100 fall into my lap today. It needs a screen and I'm also thinking of upgrading the processor.

Can someone tell me how I can find out what socket type the processor is and what the fastest Pentium 4 processor is that it will take?

I have seen Pentium 4 processors before that were the same speed and because of some other detail about the processor, one would work in a certain system and the other would not. So, are there details about the processor selection I should know?

A:Solved: Need help with specs on thios laptop.

Sorry to have bothered. It's a socket-478 and 2.4 GHz is a fast as this board will handle. Fortunately, I had a 2.2-GHz in a drawaer in the shop. I replaced the 2.2-GHz Celeron with the 2.2-GHz Pentium 4 and the performance jumped considerably.

Celerons are definitely better . . . than nothing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-help-with-specs-on-thios-laptop.860940/
Relevancy 49.02%

PROCESSOR - Intel® Core™ i7 2760QM 2.4GHz (3.5GHz w/Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache)
OPERATING SYSTEM - Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
WIRELESS CARDS - Killer™ Wireless-N 1103 a/g/n 2x2 MIMO for Gaming & Video
MEMORY - 6GB DDR3 at 1600MHz
VIDEO CARD - 3.0GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M using NVIDIA Optimus™ technology
HARD DRIVE - 500GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s
INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE - 8x SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Slot Load Optical Drive
SOUND OPTIONS - Soundblaster® X-Fi™ Hi Def Audio - Software Enabled
BLUETOOTH - Internal Bluetooth 3.0
So, these are the specs of the laptop I'm considering buying. I want to know what you guys think of it, and what do you think it costs? Also, is there anything else you would consider for a higher end laptop for gaming?

Relevancy 49.02%

Having trouble on HP website finding my specifications for my laptop that is locking up on me.I am looking for mother board type and manufacture and hard drive info. A earlier post was answered by someone saying I needed to replace the hard drive. Naturally I want to put back the same hard drive. Can anyone tell me where to find the hard drive specs.  From HP for the DV9230US?Thank you in advanceSteve

Mr Steve2007

A:Trouble finding HP specs. for my laptop

No need to put back the same hard drive but if you want to do that you can just pull the old one and look at it. HP used a variety of different brands of hard drives then and still does. You can replace it with any 2.5 inch wide and 9.5 or 7mm thick SATA laptop hard drive of which there are infinite options. Your model is past ordinary support. HP has pulled all the Manuals and spec pages.  From what I can find, it was a 100gb 5400 rpm drive which is too small really in today's computing world. I suggest a 250 or 320 gig drive and in the US you are looking at around $40 for it on amazon.com or similar. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Trouble-finding-HP-specs-for-my-laptop/td-p/5844638
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone I hope I am posting in the correct forum I need some help in deciphering what will be the best option between a couple of laptops Need specs, comparing is the in option?? better please help which laptop that I am interested in The laptop that I purchased is HP Intel Core Duo T GHz MB DDR SDRAM GB hard drive dv ca http www futureshop ca catalog proddetail asp logon amp langid EN amp sku id FS amp catid I purchased it because of the Core Duo and the large HD GB not that I would need that much but the other laptop that I wanted to purchase was sold out so Future Need help please in comparing laptop specs, which is the better option?? Shop sold me this one at a discounted price of The salesman did a great job of selling this one and it all happened so fast that I didnt have a Need help please in comparing laptop specs, which is the better option?? chance to ask any questions It looked like a great buy except when I received Need help please in comparing laptop specs, which is the better option?? an opinion from a friend I was told the graphics card is not the greatest and that MHz system bus is too slow compared to its specs The laptop that I wanted to purchase is the HP Pavilion AMD Turion X Dual Core TL- GHz GB GB hard drive dv ca http www futureshop ca catalog proddetail asp logon amp langid EN amp sku id FS amp catid I was told that this was comparable in speed to a Core Duo and apparantly it has a better video graphics card and the system bus is MHz So my question is can someone please tell me which is the better laptop between the two based on all of the specs the link for each will provide more detail I don t really need GB of hard drive space GB will be sufficient So having said that if someone can compare everything else for me the difference in the processors speed other features etc I would greatly appreciate it Thank you nbsp

A:Need help please in comparing laptop specs, which is the better option??

While the bus on Intel and AMD processors is different, the AMD may have the 1600Mhz HyperTransport bus while the Intel one uses a 667Mhz Front Side Bus, and the clock speeds are slightly lower on the Intel but the overall performance should be quite similar. The design of the Core 2 Duo's is very efficient and well suited to laptop designs.

The integrated video on the Intel one might actually be better, synthetic benchmark numbers (like 3DMARK06) on the Intel GMA X3100 are actually quite good for an integrated graphics chip, better then on the Geforce 6150. Neither is a gaming solution but for average use and the Vista Aero interface they are more then adequate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-please-in-comparing-laptop-specs-which-is-the-better-option.627927/
Relevancy 48.59%

Which Intel P4 Processor and what storage options to use?

Hello everyone. I need to spec out a new testing PC for work, so I'm asking for some opinions. The role this thing will play is a VMware test machine. I will be creating VMware images to run application tests, break/fix, troubleshooting, etc. The operating systems on the images will likely be Server 2003 and XP. So I was thinking of 2 gigs memory, but that may be too conservative. The help I really need is with the CPU and storage. I obviously want a multi core/hyperthreaded CPU, but which one? Hot swapapble RAID would be nice, but what level, and do I need a stand-alone RAID controller or can I use the mobo's?

Thanks all, in advance.

A:Specs I need, give me specs. Opinion Sollicitation for work PC...

The Xeon Line of CPU's usally do very well in a server like setup. Alot of the time you can get the dual CPU motherboards. If you perfer though maybe one of the new Intel Dual Cores will run well, although im not sure, most servers I know of run dual Xeon's.

As for storage, if you have the money, get SCSI contolers and RAID SCSI drives. They are alot quicker.

And 2GB of RAM seems fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specs-i-need-give-me-specs-opinion-sollicitation-for-work-pc.35001/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have Toshiba harman/kardon with intel cpu t3400 2.16ghz and 3072MB ram.
There was windows xp on the laptop before now i'm going to format the laptop and put a new clean windows on it.

What windows version i can put on it higher then windows xp ? Will it hold winmdws 8/8.1 ?

A:Can i put windows 8 on my laptop ? Hardware specs inside

Run the 8.1 Upgrade Assistant: Upgrade Assistant: FAQ - Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57485-can-i-put-windows-8-my-laptop-hardware-specs-inside.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My friend asked me to fix his laptop since all he knows how to do is go online. I took it home with me and took a look and the thing has so much spyware and adware in it that it takes nearly 5 min just to start up. So when i finally got to windows I looked around and he doesn't really have any programs or files that I can't replace or re-install. So what I want to do is restore the laptop back to how it was out of the box. Only problem is he has no recovery disk. It is an Averatec laptop, an older one, and wanted to know if there was a way to do this without the recovery disk? I called averatec and they wanted $20 for the disk and it will take 7-10 days to get it. I was kinda hoping to do this this weekend. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 48.16%

[lease help bought my laptop used have no reboot disk and want to take it back to factory specs how can i do this without buying the disks from compaq

A:need help taking my laptop back to factory specs

Hit the f10 button repeatedly until your recovery partition comes up and then follow the prompts. (When you start/boot)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-taking-my-laptop-back-to-factory-specs.1027932/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, Thinking about getting a 2nd hand laptop Lenovo Yoga S1 which appears reported on the Lenovo site as 'Product: Yoga Laptop (ThinkPad)  Product MTM: 20C0S0UG00' but I cannot find its specs anywhere. Could someone point me to a document with its details pls?  Thank you!

A:Where to find the specs of "Yoga Laptop (ThinkPad)...

Hi.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer. I good starting point it is aways the PSREF books, (http://psref.lenovo.com/) but on this case I was not able to find the model you are looking for.

Maybe someone else can give us hand on which is a good place to look for it.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Where-to-find-the-specs-of-quot-Yoga-Laptop-ThinkPad-Product-MTM/td-p/3372261
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey Guys I respect everyone s opinion To Good Record Specs Laptop Enough Games? Are My I have come to you guys with a problem and a question So currently I record games with Reflector for my Ios Android Games and Elgato for my Console games Now I am trying to record PC games I tried recording the last few days Are My Laptop Specs Good Enough To Record Games? and have only run into problems Are My Laptop Specs Good Enough To Record Games? with lag and other issues So I was wondering if my laptop specs were good enough to record PC games without lag or other issues I have a Asus Notebook Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz GHz RAM GB -bit Operating System x -based processor GeForce m graphics card TB Hard Drive Windows and currently using Open Broadcast Software to record my PC gameplay And I have only tried to record the new game Stranded Deep So I have been having problems with Lag in all my gameplay unless I turn down my quality to toaster mode Are these specs good enough to actually record smooth good quality gameplay out of Or do I need to upgrade my equipment Let me know if you guys need any other information Thank you guys for any help You guys are always helpful nbsp

A:Are My Laptop Specs Good Enough To Record Games?

Where are you getting the games from that you are recording? ie: Amazon, game manufacturer's websit etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-my-laptop-specs-good-enough-to-record-games.1142720/
Relevancy 48.16%

hi all
Having decided to keep my CSc camera and editing raw files, I have exposed the speed / capabilities of my currrent laptop (dell xps i7 (2nd generation) with 8gb ram). Last year I installed an ssd which made a colossal difference but think the processor (i7 2670QM 2.2ghz up to 3.1ghz) is now limiting (possibly the ram too 1333MHz DDR3).
i have a budget of around £1200 max and don't have space for a desktop. I borderline hate dell as I have had two of their laptops, and work laptops, which have all had issues. So would rather not stay with dell.
Any recommendations for that price? I have seen hp 360 and Lenovo yoga as good alternatives with great reviews.
Is an i7 a must or an i5 good enough too? Is 16gb ram key or 8gb enough with later expansion if needed?
thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-photo-editing-specs-thoughts-4611042/
Relevancy 48.16%

It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally going to buy a laptop. Running/learning Photoshop is one of the primary reasons for the purchase, so I'm looking for minimum specs that my laptop should have.

I'm not talking the minimum specs that Adobe requires, I'm talking about minimum specs to get reasonably good performance from Photoshop.

Thanks all.

A:What are some minimum laptop specs for running Photoshop?

Laptops are quite cheap these days - to get a machine with 1GB of memory is quite common - staples in UK had a deal just before xmas for a machine for £399

I use photoshop on 512M of memory editing 27MB files OK
my laptop is a HP dv5094ea
1GB of memory
seperate 128M graphics card - few have seperate cards - most are intergrated
AMD Turion64 and it works great with PS

however, I do prefer a big monitor when doing detailed work - so you may find this the limitation

hope that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-some-minimum-laptop-specs-for-running-photoshop.535075/
Relevancy 48.16%

it s a year and a half old and I ve barely used it since it s soooooo slow and messy Can t major Good useless laptop, lag specs, exchange it because of a problem with the warranty and if I want to repair it with the original manufacturer I might as well buy a new laptop from a different brand X x Specs HP DM - SF Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows dition Familiale Premium Good specs, useless laptop, major lag bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated I tried a few diagnostics software that didn t tell me much aside from the fact that it performs below standards for this model And tested the Ram to see if the problem came from there The ram test results were normal performance But that s as far as I got without opening it up I really want to fix it myself if I can so if you could suggest some diagnostic tools that could help me figure out what the problem is or some tools to Good specs, useless laptop, major lag open it up and dig in and below are the symptoms with no other programs running Major lag can t even see what I type as I type it of the time Music can t play a single song without the sound breaking up and screeching Video Can t play video without Good specs, useless laptop, major lag stopping and pixelating every few minutes Firefox the image freezes or black s out completely whenever it feels like it Chrome stays on top so I have to minimize it if I want to look at anything else Word can t see what I type which is a problem when it skips letters I type on top of regular typoes that take forever to fix Thank you for any assistance or pointers you can give me nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I got a used HP off of craigslist, because my Toshiba laptop crashed. I replaced the Hard drive with the one from the Toshiba, but now the CPU thinks it's still a Toshiba! It's trying to look for drives that don't exist, the Bit rate is mixed up, and i can't do certain things because of it! The OS was from the Toshiba, and i'm not sure which specs are contained in the Hard drive. Please help!

A:Toshiba Hard drive specs on HP Laptop

Hello there, It's apparent that you are trying to run the HP machine by replacing its HDD with a third part HDD (Toshiba in this case).However, the computer works best (with all its features and modules) only with the platform that it built on (which includes the operating system as well).Please try to replace it with its geneic HDD and the OS it came with, and check if it works fine.I'm sure there would be no problem after that.  Cheers!

I am an HP employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Toshiba-Hard-drive-specs-on-HP-Laptop/td-p/5627025
Relevancy 47.73%

My (h)ell laptop is running extremely slow. Last time this happened a couple of months ago and I did a restore to factory defaults

Please help.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hewlett-Packard Compaq Pressario CQ40-104AX ? Bigbasz’s Personal Blog

Ignore the language, I just want to show you the specs (scroll down a little bit to find it).

FYI I upgraded this laptop's RAM to 3 GB.

I use Driver Genius regularly to keep the drivers updated. And of course Ccleaner to keep the system clean.

I'm pretty sure this OS is free of virus/malware.

Not sure if you know DotA (defense of the ancient), but this laptop can barely play DotA. I use 1024x768 screen resolution. When the battle starts, it lags. Thanks to the lag, I often lose the battles. -.-

And no, I am not interested to play other games. Just DotA on this laptop.

Kindly give me suggestions to improve the performance? Maybe downgrade to XP?

A:This laptop specs aren't good enough for Windows 7 Ultimate?

If you upgraded RAM to 3GB I'm not sure downgrading to XP would give you much more than let's say 5-10% speed up, if that much, probably not. The problem is with laptop you can't upgrade much beyond memory and you already did that. I'm not familiar with the game, but is it graphic intensive, CPU intensive or both? Lower resolution to 640x400, see if it helps any, check system resources during game, does it run out of RAM and trashing the hard drive, is CPU pegged at 100% and can't do no more, is the graphics too intensive and need to lower the settings? At the end there is not much you can do. You could try to see if overclocking is possible for CPU and GPU, could probably get 5-10% if it's doable, maybe upgrade CPU all together (I think they go up to 2.4GHz). At the end new faster laptop may be less expensive in the long run.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/210726-laptop-specs-arent-good-enough-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 47.73%

The laptop just runs very slow. I need the laptop to run faster. No games are played on it. Maybe some overclocking or just some basic cleaning info or value changes. Thank you

Compaq Presario 2500
win xp home sr2
Inel celeron 2.40 GHz
2.39 GHz, 192 MB ram
Radeon igp 345M

A:Compaq laptop slow.. specs inside, need speed

Howdy,

I would get some more memory in that laptop if you can

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-laptop-slow-specs-inside-need-speed.535274/
Relevancy 47.73%

in choosing between a laptop or a desktop, I am
comparing these two with the same specs:

Acer Aspire AS5750-6461 15.6" Notebook Computer
2.3GHz Intel Core i3-2350M Dual-Core
4GB of 1066MHz DDR3 RAM
500GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000
1366 x 768 Native Resolution
SuperMulti DVD Burner
802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Gigabit Ethernet
Integrated Webcam, Microphone & Speakers
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
$395

vs.

Lenovo IdeaCentre H330 Desktop PC - 778-05PU
Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz / 4GB DDR3 / 500GB HDD /
DVD±R/RW / Intel HD Graphics 2000 /
$500 + 20" ($120) = $620.

$220 for what? 1GHZ and 4.4"?

Relevancy 47.73%

Im looking into an affordable laptop and i play mostly battlefield 2, and oblivian. im looking at this laptop and it appears to be decent for my price range, and im not just buying it for the gaming but it looks like it will do that too. does anyone know anything about this or have one or know how well it will run these games?

heres the specs.
http://www.gadget-inspector.com/notebooks_reviews/gateway_notebooks/gateway_mx7527_review.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-mx7527-is-this-a-decent-laptop-check-the-specs.621069/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an hp dv6t-1359 specs are

Windows 7 Home Premium

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Model HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 298 GB
Disk partition (C 198 GB Free (285 GB Total)
Disk partition (D 2 GB Free (13 GB Total)
Media drive (E CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Total available graphics memory 1695 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1631 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.15.10.1872
Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN
Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Network Adapter Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter

A:Need opinion on current laptop specs and suggestion for new video card

You can't upgrade the graphics card in a laptop. What programs cause it to crash?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-opinion-on-current-laptop-specs-and-suggestion-for-new-video-card.137757/
Relevancy 46.01%

I made a previous post about a computer I was planning to buy and whether Fallout 3 can run on those specs. But there's been a change of plans. The computer is sold out and outta stock so this is my second choice to buy Costco.

Would this computer with these specs run Fallout 3 at least above medium settings?

HP Pavilion e9280t Desktop
Intel Core i7 Processor
1GB ATI Radeon HD 4650
9GB RAM
1TB Hard drive
Windows 7 Home Premium

A:(Different specs) So would this computer with these specs be able to run Fallout 3?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/different-specs-so-would-this-computer-with-these-specs-be-able-to-run-fallout-3.879533/
Relevancy 42.57%

I just bought a new laptop, it's Toshiba L300. I loved it so much, but then I tried to run Sims 2 in it and it's so slow even though I already lowered all the settings, it's still slow. Now my questions is: Can I increase the specs of my laptop so I can play games in it especially Sims 2 and 4?

A:Is it possible to make my laptop a gaming laptop?

Laptops are very difficult to upgrade. If money was no object, you might be able to do something, but practically speaking you are stuck with what you have.

There are "gaming" laptops, but they are quite expensive compared to a desktop. And they are prone to high temperatures and expensive to repair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369844-possible-make-my-laptop-gaming-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.71%

hi
I need a bit of help. the screen of my laptop recently broke so that gives em an opportunity to buy a new laptop. there is only one thing i care about and that is that i want it to be able to run DA3 when it comes out. the requirements is in the link at the bottom, but don't really know much about computers, som getting, some recommendations and/or pointers would be nice.

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=1883&game=Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

A:looking to buy a gaming laptop

I got my gaming laptop a few years ago and haven't had any problems running Saints Row 4 on max..
I like my Asus ROG (Republic Of Games) G73JW. http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G73Jw
It's pretty big and heavy to haul around though. They have several configurations of the new model. http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/Notebooks_Products/
You might be able to find an older model like mine on Amazon a little cheaper than a current ones.

You concerned about battery life, size, or weight?
Fair warning, most "gaming" laptops have very poor battery life and are often heavier than regular laptops.

Just pick a few and read reviews of them. Amazon, Newegg, places like that. see if the positive comments overwhelmingly beat the negative. Even then, remember some new items can be bad or the person just didn't know how to setup or use it right. Read both, positive and negative on the ones your considering, then just go for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-to-buy-a-gaming-laptop.1110737/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there,What would be a good gaming laptop? I heard that Lenovo makes the best laptops. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. I hope that i'm posting in the right forum.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Best-gaming-laptop/td-p/3474048
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey, I've been a PC gamer for only a short time. I am looking at a gaming laptop, and I don't know how good the mobile parts are. here is what I am looking at.

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ mobile
Radeon 9600 mobility
512mb of ram.

Anyone know if this will keep me going for the next few years playing most of the newer games? I can easily upgrade the ram, because I know 512 is sub standard these days.

Thanks. Kainy.

Relevancy 41.71%

I am getting a laptop for college and was wondering what is the best I can get for the price range of $900-$1300. I've been looking, but am having a hard time determining what will run the games I want since they are compared based on desktop configurations. I really want to be able to play the games Elder Scrolls: Oblivian, F.E.A.R., WoW, and Half-Life 2.

Thx for any help

A:Gaming Laptop Help

unfortunately Laptops designed with gaming in mind are very expensive. Alienware makes some and so does ABS. But they charge an arm and a leg for them. What you have to look at is what the system requirements are for the games and then look for a laptop that meets or exceeds those requirements. A budget of $1300 is not a lot I am afraid.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop-help.466566/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys would this laptop be good for $950

processor type CORE I5-2410
processor speed 2.3GHZ
L2 cache size n/a
system memory 6 GB DDR3 RAM
hard drive capacity 750 GB
drives included LightScribe super multi DVD Double layer
screen size 15.6
screen type BrightView wide screen
video memory 1 GB
video/graphic chip BUILT IN

A:Gaming laptop?

Do you know the actual name/model of the graphic chip?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop.166819/
Relevancy 41.71%

I want help trying to run warcraft 3 on my laptop because i have successfully installed the game and when i try to go to Battle.Net it downloads the updates and then it says restart warcraft 3 to apply the upgrades and when i restart it, it says "An Error Occurred When Applying the Upgrades". This only seems to be a problem on my laptop and not my other desktop computers.

Please Help.

A:Help with gaming on my laptop

Tell us the laptop brand and model, or the configuration. The problem is usuall that Warcraft 3 won't work on many laptops... due to memory, audio capabilities, of video graphics hardware or drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-gaming-on-my-laptop.107389/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys i need a laptop for gaming. AMD or Intel anything is ok. My Max budget is 65000 Rs INR ie 1444$ . Pls help me to select a good one.

A:Need a laptop for gaming

I would prefer Alienware

Alienware Gaming Laptops | Dell | Dell

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/46119-need-laptop-gaming.html
Relevancy 41.71%

hi Guys ! I was thinking of getting a MSI gaming laptop. here are that 2 models which now I selected. can you suggest your idea about both 2 models..

I like to buy this..but its has AMD processor & AMD Radeon R9 M290X VGA.
http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GX60_Destroyer.html#hero-overview
and this one
http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GE60_2PE_Apache_Pro.html#hero-overview

please suggest your idea..thanks

A:help for buy MSI Gaming Laptop

Similar performance. Just a matter of chipset preference. Intel/nVidia or AMD/ATI

Although the intel build has a better audio chipset.

Warranty should be the same for both, so it boils down to brand preference and/or price.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-for-buy-msi-gaming-laptop.1130002/